• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,219 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,219

Chapter 21

Twilight’s POV

It’s been about 2 months since I visited Flash with his broken limb. In his letters he kept me up to date on his progress and he returned to his duties not too long ago. He seemed really happy to be back in the castle. I managed to go back to the Crystal Empire to see him and we went on our third date. We saw a play in the park which to my amazement, Flash actually enjoyed. He said the performing arts were a mix bag with him. Sometimes, he could get into the performance and sometimes he couldn't. He liked some of the performances his sisters were in. He had his reserves and I told him we could do something else but he insisted that since I was interested in seeing it, we should go see the play. I wasn’t too sure but he insisted we go.

I was finishing up his latest letter when I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost time for the pet playdate. I called out to Owlowiscious and we rushed to the park.

We were the last to arrive, but we were technically on time.

Everything was just wonderful until lunch time. We packed a picnic and for a while managed to steer away from the conversation to be turned to be one about me and Flash. It still gets embarrassing sometimes. I know that some mares do not have an issue talking about their relationships and it makes for great gossip and such. I suppose in a way it’s probably beneficial to talk about considering how complex love can be. My friends could help with any concerns I have. But for now, I don’t think I have much of a worry.

“So Twilight, have you and Flash made it official?”

“What? Come again Rarity.” I wasn’t sure if I heard her right or this was terminology I was unfamiliar with.

“Official, you two are boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“Oh, well… Um, Huh…” Come to think of it… “I’m… not sure actually.” I looked off into the distance wondering if we ever talking about being “official” as Rarity put. Looking back, I don’t think it ever came up. We were just enjoying each other’s company and having a good time with each other. Hmm… would being official mean that things would change? And if it does then, how? That odd humming in the background wasn’t helping my thought process. I looked back at the girls and realized they were… panicking maybe. “Girls, what’s wrong?”

“Twilight, you need to know if you two have reached that crucial point in your relationship?” Rarity bursted.

“Crucial?”

“Yes, crucial. It means you two share feelings and are on a course for a serious relationship. Well, ideally anyway.”

“Ideally?” I looked around at the girls and saw they each nodded.

“Aw, I doubt there should be any trouble. Flash doesn’t seem to be the type to play with hearts.” Applejack said.

Fluttershy responded, “I agree, besides, if any of us thought Flash was fishy, wouldn’t we have said so before?”

“So true, and I even spied on them when they thought they were alone.” Pinkie smiled. Right, I forgot Pinkie spied on us. “They were so cute. I almost couldn’t stand it and I almost gave away my position.”

“Well, either way. I’m not good with this stuff either Twilight,” Rainbow looked me directly in the eye, “but it might be best to talk to him about it.”

All the girls agreed with Rainbow Dash.

“Know this Twilight. When it comes to colts, being direct is best.” Applejack told me and smiled. That’s all? That’s not an issue. Flash and I talk about everything. There has been some minor miscommunications but most of it occurred when I tried to give him a potion lesson once and I tried to explain some magical concepts which of course will confuse ponies on their first time. I felt a little better and less confused after the air was cleared. However, this sounds like a topic that may require some preparation. I may be able to give a lecture on almost anything magic, but I’ve never done anything this delicate before.

“All right, is there like some sort of protocol?”

“Oh no, Twilight.” Rarity said.

“Then how do I go about it? Should I visit him or wait until he visits me?”

“What makes you more comfortable?” Applejack asked.

“Uh…” I wondered about it. I thought back to our visits. On every occasion I get nervous, excited, content… it’s a pretty even match. “I’m not sure, both are about the same.”

“Then Ah suppose go with what’s more convenient.”

“What about taking a trip together?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“That would take forever.” Pinkie Pie said. “They’re both busy all the time.”

“He is a royal guard after all.” Fluttershy chimed in. “Enough days off for a trip would be too far between.”

“So, it would be quicker to plan a day trip. Either I go up to the Crystal Empire or Flash comes down to Ponyville.” I said thinking out loud, it’s not much different than what I’ve been doing so far, but that’s just because Flash had an injury. I wondered to myself what to do. Well, maybe I could ask Flash myself what he would prefer. I don’t have an issue going up to see him or him coming to see me. I just need to figure out which day he and I could get together so that one is not waiting on the other. “I think I’ve got it.”

“Huh?” They said in unison.

I didn’t realize I was interrupting anything but since I had their attention I smiled and said, “I’m sorry I wasn’t listening but I think I’ll just write to him and ask him what he would prefer.”

“Oh, well that’s one way to go about it.” Rarity responded.

“Thank you everypony for helping me figure it out.”

They said they were welcome in their own ways. A part of me still wishes there was at least some sort of manual so I could have a better idea of how this works but my friends and Cadence have been so much help with me and Flash. Maybe I can make it without an official book to love.