• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 8,430 Views, 594 Comments

Defense in Depth - Fon Shaolin



Twilight's life takes on a different tint when she fails to pass her entrance exam for Celestia's School. As it turns out, there are other ways to serve her princess and country.

Comments ( 16 )

Well now, Twilight is busily setting fire to the fires of the underworld, and the magisters have gone monster-hunting. Everything is coming along nicely!

Yay an update:pinkiehappy:

“Twilight Sparkle! Calm yourself this instant!”, anyone have any clue who said this? My guess is some other demon or Sunburst.

What a fun scene with Verrbon and Twilight! Love getting glimpses of her firey-form and powers.

Just got done reading though this and loved it :D

World and character building is fantastic

Easily earned a spot as one my recent favorites :twilightsmile:

Are we going to explore what happens to the rest of the Mane Six?

11238760
Eventually, I'm sure. This is just a very Twilight-centric story and I don't want to throw too many characters into the mix. I feel like with long fics if you put too many characters into one readers can get lost if it's a chapter-by-chapter updating system.

Eeee I enjoy the updates!!!!

I have to wonder if that fire is polluted with her magic and will be discovered by other demons at a later date :pinkiesick: Dang, Verrbon escaped afterall, that'll come back to haunt them.

Why do I have a feeling that they are going to have to teach Twilight advanced portal mechanics a bit too early :trollestia:

Perhaps after telling them that the necromancer lost the information/magic in the book as per what the Verrbon said, the whole "accidentally" stealing a thing she wasn't supposed to touch in the first place will go over more smoothly. Though, it's unlikely that anything too much more will carry over too much what with the plans for Twilight in the future if nothing else to not distance her further from the magisterium. I am looking forward to the -- maybe apologetic? -- spat between Trixie and Twilight... though what did happen to her sword? I hope she gets that back.


To be fair the pony was only a dectective, not normally a combatant. Still could've played it off a bit better when leaving, I give it a C-

Plot twist, the necromancer actually stole Strauss's gargoyle golem which he is now bringing to them.
Something that huge, what could it be?

Any news on that update you'd been planning?

So happy that there was so many chapters of this to come back to! Hope that you’ll be able to work on this again someday

Hoe, I'm waiting.

Dango, I read all of it in a few days. Want more, but also realize that might...be awhile. Still enjoyed what is here all the same.

Oh wow this story is incredible. Fantastic world your crafting.

Login or register to comment