• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 3,158 Views, 195 Comments

Of Deadlines and Doppelgangers - MidnightDancer



Rarity needs help to complete a large string of orders. Who better to help the picky fashionista than herself?

  • ...
12
 195
 3,158

Deadlines and Doppelgangers

Sweat beaded on the white mare's brow as she scanned the book beside her. This spell should work. It has to work.

Hooves planted firmly, Rarity nodded to herself once before straightening and eying the other mare. She lit her horn, concentrating with all her might as the threads of light played around it, coalescing finally into a solid sheath. Never had she had to use so much magic at once, especially when the stakes were so high. Focusing further, she spared a last glance at the spellbook beside her before screwing her eyes shut in concentration. Letting her magic go in a blast, she hit the other mare squarely, ignoring her surprised cry.

A moment later, she cracked open one azure eye, hoping against hope it had worked.

"This. Is. AWESOME!" The pegasus pranced around for a moment, flexing her wings as she marveled at her distinctly lightened load. Letting out a breath she wasn't aware she had been holding, Rarity smiled tiredly at her friend.

"Now, Rainbow, you still must be careful. The gravity enchantment will wear off in two hours, so if you don't finish the flight by then, you need to land. I won't see you get hurt helping me, you understand?"

Flapping a hoof, Rainbow tossed her mane and flashed Rarity a cocky smile. "Pff, yeah, whatever Rares. Even if it wears off in the air, I'll be fine. It shouldn't matter though, because I'm only the fastest pegasus in Equestria!" Placing a comforting hoof on Rarity's withers, the smirk turned to a comforting smile. "Seriously though, I'll be careful. You know I'd never let you down."

Resting her head on her friend's shoulder for a bare moment, Rarity nodded. "I know. Thank you so much—I'd be lost without you and the other girls right now. But get moving, dear—Fillydelphia awaits!" Grinning, Rainbow darted to the door, throwing it open and dodging a pony neatly. Her rainbow contrail swooped out, the breeze ruffling the mane of the pony outside as she dipped inside.

"Watch it, Rainbow Dash!" The pale purple unicorn glared after the pegasus before closing the door, turning to Rarity with a shake of her head. "I know you two are friends, but she's not very good at being careful."

Rarity stared blankly for a moment before rousing herself with a shake. "Of course, I'm quite sorry about all that. Was there something you needed, Miss Stars? I'm afraid my boutique has been closed to catch up on orders for the last two days."

Apple Stars took her turn to stare blankly right back. "You told me to come by, Rarity. I needed a dress for the meeting, remember? The business meeting? The incredibly important meeting that could make or break my business?" Apple's dark pink eyes bored into Rarity's blue ones, unblinking, as she took a step forward.

"A heh heh... of course I remembered, darling! How could I forget that marvelous coat and beautiful... green mane?" Rarity's eyes darted around her boutique, flitting from the overloaded ponyquins to the balled-up scraps of half-finished designs that littered the floor. "Just, ah, hop up on the pedestal in front of the mirrors. I just need to find the right tape measure and I'll be over to measure you."

Apple hoisted her brow a bit further. "Uh... there's one around your neck, Rarity."

Blinking once, Rarity took the measure in her magic. "Of... course. My apologies." Trotting wearily to the door, she locked it as Apple Stars made her way up on the podium. "Now, with your coloration, Miss Stars, I'm thinking something in yellow, perhaps with some ruby accents."

Apple Stars made a non-committal noise as a tape measure encased in a pale blue glow threaded around her. After taking measurements for her neck, chest, forelegs, waist, and rump, Rarity sat back and scrawled the numbers on a small notepad. As much as I might complain, it's quite nice to be able to immerse myself into my work. It keeps my mind off of... things. A peach-colored face framed by blonde ringlets swam to the forefront of her mind unbidden, half-lidded green eyes almost taunting her. Yes, things like that, thank you ever so much, brain.

Butter-yellow satin floated over in a blue glow, expertly cut to size by a pair of floating scissors. Draping the fabric from Apple's withers to her rump, she reached for her pincushion to begin shaping the outfit—only to find it gone. Whipping her head around when her telekinesis failed to bring the pins to her, she blinked twice. "Oh my. A moment, Miss Stars—I just need to find some pins."

"Here you go, Rarity." A pink hoof proffered the missing pincushion, and distractedly, Rarity levitated them.

"Thank you Pinkie Pi-waaaHAAHAAAAAA!" She whipped around, eyes widening as both she and Apple Stars took a step back in surprise as their eyes fell on the pink pony. A quick breath later, Rarity shook her head before recovering her strained smile. "Pinkie Pie. The door was locked."

"It sure was! That was silly, because you wanted me to pick up those orders, remember? And I couldn't do that if the door was locked!" Pinkie Pie bounced cheerfully around Rarity, oblivious to Apple Stars' incredulous look.

"So how did you..." began Apple, following the pink pony's progress to the neatly wrapped packages by the door.

"Oh that's easy!" Pinkie giggled, skillfully tossing the top packages labelled with 'Manehatten' over her head and to her back. "I have keys stashed all over Equestria for locked door emergencies!"

One forehoof rubbing her temple, Rarity sighed. "Ignoring for the moment how creepy that is, darling, I didn't even hear you come in—"

"I'd love to stay and chat about things but I really have to go! I mean really, Rarity, the clothes aren't going to walk there themselves." She trotted cheerfully to the door, before stopping suddenly, eyes widening as she looked back at her fluffy tail that was waving erratically. "Oooh! Twitchy tail! Twitchy tail! I'm outta here!" She shot out the door, bell jangling merrily, as Rarity sighed.

"Twitchy tail... that means something is going to fall..." She glanced around, shrugged, and returned to the confused Apple Stars. "Apologies, Miss Stars, Pinkie can be a bit... erratic—" She was cut off by something smacking her square between the eyes, halting her forward progress. Ignoring the amused snickers of her customer, Rarity huffed and peered down over her glasses at the object on the floor.

A sloppily wrapped scroll laid at her hooves, marred by dust and some pebbles brought over in the teleportation. Absently rubbing the base of her horn, she brought the scroll up and unwound it, stepping back with a cross sigh as more dust and dirt spilled from the interior of the scroll. "This had better be good, Spike," she muttered, eyes alighting on the words finally.

Rarity

Diamond dogs! Scarlet! Fighting! HELP!

Biting her lip, Rarity flicked her eyes to Apple Stars, who was tapping a hoof impatiently on the podium. Eyes flicking back to the paper, she closed her eyes with a sigh. Composing herself quickly, she spirited the scroll off to the cabinet, smiling widely at Apple Stars. "Well! I'm very sorry for all the interruptions today, Miss Stars. I have your measurements here, and I can see that the colors will work simply marvelously on you. So, what say we arrange a fitting for tomorrow afternoon, around 3pm? Just to be certain the gown fits properly, which I'm sure it will!"

Apple narrowed her eyes slightly at the sweating fashionista as the yellow satin was magicked off her back and onto the sewing table. "I suppose... you aren't going to forget on me, are you, Rarity? This is very important to me."

"I wouldn't dream of it, dear."


Across town, another scroll hit another unicorn, this one purple, squarely on the nose. "Ow!" Rubbing her nose, she unrolled it, reading quickly before gasping and checking the time.

Two in the afternoon. "Oh, Spike..." Prancing all four hooves in place, her eyes darted around the room nervously from her neatly packed luggage, to her train tickets on the table, to her checklist reminding her to pick up Rarity's dresses for delivery to Canterlot. Finally settling on her spare saddlebags, she levitated them on and added some rope, water, and food to them before galloping out the door.


A disappointed huff could be heard in Canterlot, when a scroll materialized--along with a good portion of pebbles, dirt, and other assorted messy things--in the Sun Princess' lunch. Her practiced smile slapping right back onto her face, Celestia levitated the scroll to her and read it slowly, taking a small sip of her—thankfully unharmed—tea.

"A problem with your faithful student, my sister?" Luna smiled from the other end of the table, choosing to diplomatically not comment on the state of her sister's food.

"A problem with Spike, really—apparently a friend of his has been captured by the Diamond Dogs. Luna, you were in Ponyville for Nightmare Night, so perhaps you can shed some light on this." Celestia shifted in her seat, brow furrowing slightly as she checked and rechecked her memory against the name on the scroll.

"Of course. Who has been captured?" Luna raised a quizzical eyebrow, sipping at her own tea as she eyed her sister.

"That's just it. Who the hay is 'Scarlet'?" The sisters locked eyes. With a shrug, Luna turned back to her food.

"I have no idea, sister."


Scarlet laid on the packed dirt floor of the cell, her back to Spike who had thankfully stopped pestering her with questions. Tears rolled silently down her cheeks as she contemplated the earthen wall in front of her, uncaring now of the dirt smearing her coat and face. Sniffles behind her assured her that Spike was both awake and just as miserable as she was. Curling her tail up, she held it between her forehooves, gently stroking the dusty violet strands.

Remembering her hubris and arrogance about escaping from the Diamond Dogs the first time, Scarlet wished she could go back and scream at herself to handle it with a bit more class. But... that wasn't me. Not really. That was her. But because of her choices, now I don't have a chance of escape on my own. Thus comforted, if coldly, by her own bitterness, Scarlet slipped her eyes shut. Nothing else to do but sleep, anyway.

Spike huddled up near the bars, putting plenty of distance between himself and Scarlet. Where did Rarity's friend go? Why is Rarity here now? Did she give herself up in her place, or... He blinked twice, glancing over his shoulder at the white unicorn before turning back. Not... I hope not a changeling. I hope. Standing, he brushed off his knees, filthy from kneeling on the dirt floor. Hesitantly, he approached the unicorn, twisting his claws together in his characteristic gesture of nervousness.

Hearing the shuffling and padding of small feet behind her, Scarlet sighed, not even bothering to turn around. "What is it, Spike?"

His voice wavered slightly. "How did you get here? And where is Scarlet?"

Just a little longer... "I have no idea. Let me sleep, Spike." The white unicorn curled up on herself tighter, clinging to her once precious tail. Spike stood quietly for a time, simply watching her.

"Rarity?"

Lip curling in a slight sneer, she turned to fix one baleful eye on the young drake. "Yes, Spike?"

He flinched from her gaze, but soldiered on. "Where's the letter?"

Now it was Scarlet's turn to wince. "The dogs took it with my saddlebags." Her heart tore at her for the lie, but she turned back to the wall resolutely. "Now, please let me sleep."

"What did it say, Rarity?"

Trying not to squeeze her eyes shut too hard, Scarlet feigned sleep. A few moments passed before soft pads could be heard as Spike circled around to Scarlet's front, and a smoky smell hit her nostrils as he leaned closer. They stayed like that for longer than she thought possible, Scarlet concentrating on keeping her breaths deep and even as her nerves jangled at her. After a moment, she felt one claw, whisper soft, moving her mane from her face, and the soft sigh that could only belong to a young boy in love.

"Goodnight, Rarity. I'll... I'll fix this. Somehow."

As the claws padded away behind her again, Scarlet couldn't stop one more tear from trailing down her face to the earthen floor.


Purple hooves nimbly dodged the small outcroppings of rock that threatened to trip her up, eyes scanning the horizon. "Ohhh, I'm sure it was this way..." Twilight whipped her head left and right, sharp eyes looking out for the distinct tell-tale hills of dirt that signaled the Diamond Dog's lair.

Spying one such outcropping, she allowed a thin smile to paint her face. "I'm coming, Spike!" With a leap born more of foolhardy optimism than the usual cold logic she employed, Twilight slid down into the lair, sharp pebbles clawing at her fur as she tumbled blindly to the packed earth floor. Picking herself up, she shook her head twice to clear it before lighting her horn. A dank corridor met her, the stench of fetid earth causing her nose to crinkle as it clung to her coat. Quietly, she began sneaking along, keeping only the barest light from her horn alive to illuminate the craggy walls ahead.

She was fully aware of her folly; surely the dogs would have heard her less than graceful landing. But then, that's what magic was for—she was a mage, not a dancer, so she cared little for personal grace beyond saving herself a few scrapes and bruises. Wincing at one such developing bruise on her foreleg, she sighed and continued down the halls.

Sounds echoed down the winding corridors of dirt and stone—the occasional burst of canine laughter, periodic barking of orders from a superior to an underling, and a snore on one occasion found their way to her sensitive ears. Choosing the paths that led closer to the orders and laughter, Twilight slowed slightly, letting her horn pick out the gemstones intentionally left in the wall.

Interesting... maybe they use them as markers? Eyeing one large sapphire, she tilted her head. I wonder what this one means. As her hornlight hit it, the facets reflected in a dazzling show, giving her pause as the reflections played over her nose and face. So lovely...

The walls abruptly began shaking, and Twilight turned from the gem, eyes wide. One foreleg raised, she focused on calming herself. It's just a tremor, or something. A moment later, four dogs burst from the walls before her, grins wide as their fangs glinted in the light of her horn. Turning, four more burst out of the walls behind her, effectively pinning her in the corridor. With a gulp, she erected a shield spell, watching the largest of the four in front of her warily.

"Another little pony! Did your princess raise the sun on the wrong side of the world today? So many ponies finding their way to Diamond Dog's home today." Licking his lips, he advanced on her, one claw running down her barrier, causing Twilight to shudder from the feedback. "Impressive. A shame pony is trapped. Can't keep this up forever." The rusty chuckles of the dogs were punctuated by their deliberate steps towards her, all eight stopping just short of her barrier.

Straining under her spell, Twilight glanced around. Nothing but dogs and earthen walls surrounded her. I can't... I can't go forwards, or back... One of the dogs in the rear swiped at her shield, Twilight nearly losing concentration as she shuddered. Well... if I can't go around... A sly smile made its way to her face, and she locked eyes with the lead dog.

"You're right. I can't. And I don't have to." Reaching down inside herself, she summoned a much stronger version of her shield spell, pulling the threads of magic together into her horn. With a last smirk, she released it, expanding her bubble outward and pushing the dogs down the hall. Flying end over end, the front four landed in a snarling pile of teeth and fur at the next intersection, while the four behind landed much the same way at the previous intersection. Shield gone, Twilight turned her attention to the wall beside her, calling up magic again fluidly. "If I can't go around, I'll just go through." With little fanfare, and more than a little giddy glee, Twilight blasted a hole through the wall beside her, and hopped through.

The dogs raised themselves up, disentangling from each other and padding to the large, impressive hole in their carefully crafted lair. Sighing, the largest dog pointed. "Well? Go after her!" As his underlings barked and dashed through, he shook his head.

"Ponies. It had to be ponies."


Rarity despised running.

It was hot, sweaty, made a mess of her mane, and more often than not chipped her hooficure. She, point of fact, avoided running whenever possible. She put far too much into her appearance to have it all undone by one ill-advised dash for the sake of "fun".

A run for the sake of others, while still just as horrid, was actually worth it. Such were the white unicorn's thoughts as her hooves pounded through the dust of the plain leading to the lair, mind spinning with panic and worry as she glanced at the sun. It was further along than she would have liked.

Apple Stars had taken quite a bit of convincing before she would finally leave. Rarity now found herself needing to make not just a lovely gown, but also a rather fancy hat and brooch to make up for all the trouble that day. It was two-thirty before she was able to gently shoo a suspicious and cranky Apple Stars from her shop, gushing promises all the while about the appointment the following day. Huffing at the memory, she bucked up the tiniest bit to resettle her saddlebags before soldiering on.

A vague part of her mind suggested that she needed to get the others. The panicked part of her mind reminded her that she needed to get there first, just in case anything happened. Who knows what those dogs will do to dear Scarlet? Not to mention my Spikey-Wikey... I do hope they're alright. Pouring on another burst of speed, she glanced to her right. There loomed the hills, and a small brown contraption on the ground near one. Slowing curiously, she trotted to the object, blowing a stray hair out of her face irritably.

A splash of cold hit her heart and trickled through her entire body as she recognized what it was--Spike's cart. It was overturned and completely empty, save for the dust that had blown inside. Trotting around the back, skin crawling, she saw his little haversack laying discarded on the ground, filthy, the area around it littered with empty parchment and a quill.

Rarity was not, generally, a pony that was quick to anger. It surprised her, then, when the surge of burning anger exploded through her at the sight of the little drake's belongings, taking the cold lance of her panic and smothering it utterly. Muzzle twisting with a rather unladylike snarl, she stamped one hoof on the ground, eyes flashing as she glared at the nearby hole.

"Oh, it. Is. ON."

Leaping with a speed and dexterity few were aware she possessed, Rarity gracefully entered the lair.


Scarlet and Spike both woke with a jolt, the unicorn's ears twitching madly in response to the sounds of explosions, falling bodies, and hoofbeats. Prancing nervously in place, Scarlet stood at the bars of her cell, eyes scanning the empty corridor in front of her. Their guard had taken off with a howl, presumably to aid his fellows. He had taken the key, however, and the explosions were getting unnervingly close.

Spike was pressed against the white unicorn, earlier animosity forgotten by both as Scarlet wrapped a soft foreleg around the little dragon. "It's alright, Spike. We'll figure this out, I promise." Another explosion, close enough to shake the walls of their cell, caused both to jump and whirl, trying to pinpoint what was happening.

"Do you think it's the others? I bet that's either Twilight or the Princess. They wouldn't just... leave us..." Spike trailed off, trembling body belying his true thoughts. A pang of guilt hit Scarlet's heart, and she stroked Spike's head fins soothingly.

"No. They'd never just leave us. I'm sure the cavalry will be along shortly—don't you worry, darling." I hope.


Another explosion rocked the lair, tripping Rarity up as she bounded down the halls. Something was happening; something fairly terrible, if she had to guess. Thankfully, the halls were fairly clear, as the dogs were centered around stopping the explosions. Several ran directly past her on their way, the musty smell of their coats causing her nose to wrinkle slightly, but she withheld comment.

Coming to a fork, Rarity whipped her head to the right and saw bars along the wall. The cells. If they were captured, I bet that's where they are. Walking slowly, coat hugging the wall, she flicked her ears forward to catch any sounds of voices that she could. She passed two dank, empty cells, their doors sagging open slightly and creaking with each muffled boom from further in the lair.

After one particularly nasty boom that brought down a shower of dirt from the ceiling, Rarity finally heard what she had been hoping against hope for: voices.

"That one was too close. What are we gonna do, Rarity? We can't stay here!" The panicked voice of the drake floated to her, and she had to bite her lip to stop herself from answering.

Why is Scarlet not in her disguise? I doubt the enchantment broke. Stopping ten feet from the cell and staying well out of sight, Rarity mulled over the problem, one hoof nervously pawing at the floor. Spike is there... I can't very well just trot up! There can't be two of me. I wonder... Lighting her horn, Rarity shuffled through her belongings in the saddlebag. She hadn't repacked it since going to Twilight's, so she dug desperately, searching for the one thing that could save their gambit.

A smile lit her face as her telekinesis wrapped around something cold, long, and decidedly chain-like. With a smile, she ignored the next explosion, quickly casting the disguise enchantment on the chain before pulling it out and slipping it over her head. Warm ribbons of magic enveloped her, carrying her up slightly as it took effect. Coming down gracefully, she noted her peach hooves and new cutie mark, and smiled. I've SO got this.

Bounding to the cell door, she skidded to a halt at the sight of Scarlet. The mare was covered from head to toe in dirt, one entire side of her almost completely brown. Her violet mane laid flat against her head, below which two fearful eyes locked with Rarity's. Rarity's heart seized up when she noted the tear trails below those lovely eyes, both filthy and crusted over with dirt already. The moment passed when another explosion, this one sounding only a few feet away, hit the lair.

"Come now... er, Rarity, we need to get you and Spike out of there."

Scarlet's gaze hardened. "Don't you think we've been trying, Scarlet?"

Huffing, Rarity glared at the other mare. "We need to try harder. Spike, Rarity, back away from the bars."

Confused, the two did as they were told. Remembering long days watching Applejack and Big Mac bucking apples on their farm, Rarity whirled around, hindquarters bunched. I am definitely going back to the spa after this. Her legs shot out, hitting the bars solidly, but getting nothing for her efforts but a painful vibration up her entire backside. Wincing, she turned, smiling apologetically at Scarlet. "Any ideas, dear?"

She opened her mouth to retort, but was cut off by the wall directly beside Rarity exploding outwards. A shower of dirt and small pebbles hit the two mares and one dragon, arms and forelegs coming up reflexively. Coughing through the dust, Rarity looked up, horn lit at the ready to attack.

The dust cleared, and a beaming, if tired, Twilight Sparkle pranced to Rarity. "Scarlet! I thought you were captured!" Dumbfounded, Rarity waved a peach hoof to the cell door. Twilight turned, eyeing the door for a half second before blasting away the dirt above and below it. The cell door, free of its attachment, fell harmlessly into Twilight's telekinesis. Whirling back to Rarity, the purple unicorn grinned. "Alright, let's get going! I wrapped up some of the dogs following me in a bubble, but I don't know how long it will hold."

Tossing Spike on her back carefully, Twilight started down the path Rarity had taken in, the two other mares following behind. Turning left at the fork, they could see daylight streaming in, and Scarlet heaved a happy sigh, putting more power into her strides as the end was near. We made it.

The three ponies and one dragon clambered awkwardly up the dirt slope, Twilight periodically shifting the dirt to make a crude staircase. "I... hate... stairs..." Rarity lifted a quizzical eyebrow at Twilight, who gave her a strained smile in return. Her magic was being sorely taxed, and Rarity could see the first signs of magical exhaustion taking hold.

"Darling, please, let me handle the next few steps. You need to rest until we're out." Skidding over a patch of scree, Rarity lit her own horn, lending her magic to her friend. "We're almost there."

After what felt to be an eternity of clambering over dirt and rocks, the small party pulled themselves out of the entrance. Twilight and Rarity made quick work of filling in the hole, and the ponies and dragon flopped down to rest for a moment. Spike eyed Scarlet and Rarity both, and turned to Twilight. "Hey, Twi. Got any stuff to write with in your bag?"

Panting, but smiling, Twilight nodded. "I'm Twilight Sparkle, Spike. Of course I do." Levitating out a parchment and quill, she watched with some interest as Spike scribbled out a note. "Why are you writing to the Princesses? We just need to rest, and we'll be just fine."

Sending off the missive in a gout of flame, Spike declined to answer. Rarity approached, hesitantly, reaching out a hoof to him. "I'm so glad you're alright, Spikey-Wikey! I was ever so worried."

To Rarity's surprise, he skittered backward, standing protectively in front of Twilight. "How did you get away, Scarlet? How did you end up in my cell, Rarity?"

"Oh, that's... that's a long story..." Scarlet and Rarity traded nervous glances as Twilight perked up, the tired unicorn now eyeing her friends carefully.

"I, for one, would like to hear it. I'd also like to know why Scarlet is wearing Rarity's saddlebags." Twilight rose slowly, pacing towards the other two unicorns that were now cowering.

"I... well, you see, Twilight... I lent her my bags, and..." Scarlet was interrupted by a crack and a flash, a whiff of ozone coming through in the wake of the teleportation spell. Turning slowly, Rarity came face to face with a very stern Princess of the Sun.

"I got your letter, Spike," she began, never taking her eyes off Scarlet and Rarity. "It's time to get to the bottom of this."

Author's Note:

Wow I suck at updating.

Sorry guys.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN.

Comments ( 34 )

Rarity's got some 'splaining to do.

Spike, how dare you accuse "Scarlet" of being a changeling in a letter to Princess Celestia! No mustache for you.

3323003 Well what else was he spose to think?

Now the shit hits the fan.

3323053

That Rarity used the mirror pool and Scarlet is her doppelganger, of course... :trollestia:

Rather, why do you have Celestia being upset over Scarlet and not the fact that Diamond Dogs keep kidnapping her subjects? Not just any subjects, but the glorified heroes of the world and Equestria, and Equestria's best defense against deific-level threats.

I would think she'd be QUITE interested in routing the Diamond Dogs first.

3323279 she JUST showed up. Give a pony a minute, damn

3323279 Do we know how often the Diamond Dogs abduct ponies? Maybe they don't actually do it all that often. :twilightoops:

3323883 The Dogs seem to only have done it in A Dog and Pony Show because Rarity has a unique gem-finding spell. I don't think they abduct ponies for fun--I think they only did it to further their gem stashes.

I mean, yeah, they're total dicks, but even after being abducted, once Rarity found out that all they wanted was her to find gems for them, she said okay and did so for them. She really didn't seem to mind until they hitched her to a cart and wanted to make it more than a one-time thing.

3323897 Yup, They could've very well gotten what they wanted had their greed not gotten in the way.

3323904 Precisely. The reasons why the Diamond Dogs behave like that, in addition to why Celestia was more concerned with the duplicate Rarity, will be addressed in the following chapter (which might be the last chapter. That, or all this is just leading up to an epic adventure story--it could go either way).

Was it worth the wait? Maybe.

3324063 whatever floats your boat~
:raritywink:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN indeed.

3323919 Epic adventure story please.

Aw, yizz. YISS. :rainbowkiss:

3324865 Wow...you're like, my spirit animal. :rainbowkiss: hahaha

I liek eet. :pinkiehappy:
Can't wait for more!

Updated description: Please note it.

Sorry guys, this isn't a Sparity. Reading the fic would have made that obvious. Please do not add this fic to Sparity groups or group folders.

This story is about Rarity and Scarlet. I apologize to those of you that came to read and were disappointed by the lack of Sparity, but I assure you, I was NOT the one to add this fic to any of those groups or folders.

As you were.

:moustache:

3325621

Oh thank the maker.

I don't like Sparity.

3326233 Neither do I--I'll probably never write it. Just not my cup of tea on so many levels. I like the characters fine, but shipped together? nnnnnnnno.

3326245

I think my biggest problem is that it isn't really love that the show portrays. The show makes it clear he just really likes her appearance, nothing more. I know that fan fictions usually don't take canon as complete gospel, otherwise there would be no shipping, but my thoughts on Spike and Rarity have been shaped by it.

I just can't entertain the idea that Spike lives Rarity. It just feel wrong.

You DO suck at updating. Do it more, on behalf of Best Child so he can one day read it and join out little cult. ;) This is good stuff, and there needs to be more of it.

3326384 *sighs and rubs her face*

Did you read the story? Or the comments? Or... anything at all?

See: 3325621

3326891 see idk I WASN'T updating because I had to take care of Best Child

so not updating is kind of on his behalf

3327076 I was, of course, being silly. Still, I hope this updates slightly more often because of how great it is. ^_^

3329716 I know :p and I will try.

Update. NOW

Spike might be pleased, you know, double the Rarity... "Double the Rarity":rainbowlaugh:.

Really good story! :pinkiehappy: Any chance of an update? :twilightblush:

4209125 When I have a chance. Unfortunately, I am an extremely busy girl with a child, college, a business to run, etc, which is why I don't update much or write many new things.

This has been in my bookmarks for a while. It always feels nice to move a story from that list onto a FiMfiction list. It's an enjoyable story; the affection being shown toward Spike is a nice plus. I await updates at your leisure, and if you never again have the time for it, that's okay too.

this is soo good plz continue

Login or register to comment