• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 9,865 Views, 155 Comments

Lost - Mr101



Fluttershy becomes lost deep within the Everfree forest, injured and chased by Timberwolves, she is rescued by a traveller who is lost in her world.

  • ...
17
 155
 9,865

Chapter X - A Spot of Tea (Epilogue)

Lost

Chapter X – A Spot of Tea (Epilogue)

A year had passed since the events that took place deep within the Everfree forest, the lives of the elements had returned to normal and the day was nothing more than a distant memory. Fluttershy’s injuries had fully healed and the nightmares had gone, she had told the girls all about what had happened in the forest. They found it hard to believe at first but knew Fluttershy wouldn’t lie to them about something like that; Twilight had taken great joy in noting down and cataloguing all she had been told about Grendel from Fluttershy, and had thanked her thousands of times.

Fluttershy had been to several random surprise parties that Pinkie had thrown to show how much she had missed her, even throwing them just by herself out of nowhere. The other girls had told Pinkie to turn it down a notch but Fluttershy didn’t mind, she knew it was just Pinkie’s way of expressing herself. On the advice of Twilight she had written several letters to Celestia talking about how she had felt during her time with Grendel, discussing in great detail about her nightmares and about his world.

To any other pony the today would off been nothing to them but another regular day, to Fluttershy and the girls however, it was the anniversary of the event and had decided to stop all they were doing and spend the day at Fluttershy’s house, just the seven of them. They included Spike in the get together as he was also part of their friendship group, they had eaten a large and wondrous lunch cooked by Applejack and Rarity followed by an array of treats from Pinkie. They then played a series of party games again led by Pinkie before settling down in the afternoon to have tea, as the afternoon turned into early evening the girls and Spike bid farewell to Fluttershy and headed for their homes. Fluttershy sat down with Angel cuddling against her, since the day she had gotten back he had a complete change in attitude doing everything he was told to do, she knew it was because he had missed her dearly.

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Celestia and Luna had been taking a quick break from their duties to enjoy a spot of afternoon tea; they had spent the year doing their usual routine of raising the sun and the moon as well as court duties. They had spent some days looking out over the forest hoping to still feel Grendel’s life energy still flickering, worried about the possibility of it ever fading from existence. They could also still feel the life energy of Raven each time they felt Grendel’s.

Like the girls, they had suspended all appointments in the afternoon to have the some of the day together to remember the day’s events; they were remembering it for two reasons. The first was the safe return of Fluttershy; the other was for getting the chance to meet another human from Cyrium, they talked quietly to one another about hoping to get the chance to talk with Grendel once more before he left when they felt it.

Celestia and Luna heard inside their heads the sound of an ear piercing screech of pain followed by a sudden silence; they gasped feeling one of the life energies suddenly disappearing. However they soon smiled and looked to the window knowing which one it was.

At the same time, Twilight was in her library when she had felt the same sensation, if a little weaker than the Princesses as she didn’t hear the scream and looked out of the window confused. She shrugged it off and returned to her studies as Spike carried on cleaning the library.

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

In the middle of the forest was a crater, surrounding it were several destroyed and burnt trees some embers still remaining. Not a sound was heard in the area and no creatures were about. In the crater there was nothing more than several charred bits of wood, and what remained of a black cloak…

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy was in the kitchen turning on her kettle when she heard a knock at the door, curious as to who was calling on her at this time of evening she opened the door. Her eyes immediately widened and she gasped.

“Sorry I’m late…any chance we can still have tea?” Grendel smiled softly kneeling to be level with her.

Fluttershy didn’t respond, she simply stared at Grendel’s old face for a while her mouth agape, she heard him lightly chuckle before feeling his hand gently close her mouth. She whimpered as her eyes began to water, Grendel didn’t say a word but opened his arms and Fluttershy immediately embraced him tightly and began to sob happily.

“I missed you Mister Grendel…” she whispered softly.

“I missed you to Miss Fluttershy…”

The two remained in their embrace for a few more minutes before Fluttershy smiled and sniffled then led him into her house, Grendel smiled as he followed her, gently closing the door behind him.

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Far to the north in the frozen artic of Equestria, something was stirring. In the snow-capped mountains a shadow was forming deep in the caves, the shadow was weak but could feel its power slowly growing back. It slowly advanced towards the mouth of the cave as a twin flash of green and red appeared in the centre of the shadow, purple energy emanating from them as a sinister smile soon followed…


----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------
Here is the sequel to Lost.

'The Return of the Empire.'

Also, the Prequel which I recommend reading as well to fully understand what's going on in the sequel.

'Revelations of the Past.'

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who has read this story, I want to give a special thanks to Cirrus_Brony who has helped edit this and to anyone else who has given feedback. I really hoped you enjoyed this story and hope that any future stories I write keep you entertained as well.

Thank you.

Mr101.

Comments ( 35 )

good ending to a good story congrats man

NO FIGHT SCENE FOR RAVEN's DEATH:twilightangry2:

All in all a FANTASTIC STORY!!!!! You did a great job on it!

1988112
Sorry :rainbowwild: Thank you very much as well.:twilightsmile:

hahahahhahha sequel FTW. Ty for the nice ending.:yay: I read Parting in the title and got worried. Luckily I had almost nothing to worry about and the sequel is a nice bonus. At least I think that was a lead into a sequel never can tell when authors just drop a story.

even throwing them just by herself out of know where.

Did you mean nowhere?
Good fic, i realy liked it.:pinkiesmile:

Awesome story! :pinkiehappy:

WE NEED A SEQUEL HERE

1989161
Fixed, didn't spot that one thanks, and thank you for reading. :twilightsmile:
1989344
Thank you very much.:twilightsmile:
1988368
Was it that obvious I had hinted a sequel? :rainbowwild: But yes, there will be more! Thank you for reading it. :twilightsmile:
1989610
All in good time.:rainbowwild:
1989787
NYES.

Since your comments seem to confirm that there will be a sequel, :pinkiehappy: I'm very happy because if you had just left it with that ending, I would have had to go to all the trouble of punching through your computer and slapping you with a fish... :ajsmug: Because that's a perfectly valid response and no one can say otherwise :pinkiecrazy:
So yay :yay: sequel!
And I just wanted to say that this story was beautiful and a original concept to me.

1991380
Oh yes there will be a sequel, but I won't be doing it for a little while so I can finalise its planning:pinkiesmile:. As for the fish thing, that would of gone lovely with some nice warm chips! :pinkiehappy: And I’m glad you found it beautiful, I’m not sure if it is an original concept because I’ve read a few ‘human mages in Equestria’ fics before but I’m not sure if the plot I did has been done before. Either way thank you very much for reading. :twilightsmile:

Cool story. To quote your own comment "enjoyed it to the end". :raritywink:

Couldn't be truer in this case.:pinkiesmile:

Btw... It's kinda ironic that we wait for the other one to write a sequel. :rainbowlaugh:

2094293
Heh glad you liked it.:twilightsmile: and yeah I know I'm being kind of cruel with doing a prequel first, its mainly to give a better insight as to what is going to happen in the sequel. Otherwise people are going to be reading it and be like. "Whats...going on here exactly?". :rainbowwild:

2293664
Thanks for pointing that out, fixed it. :twilightsmile:

Honestly, I think this would have been better had all her friends met him (he could have showed up while they were together). The way it ends is kind of... anticlimatic, I guess? I mean, I don't care that you didn't show the final fight (it seemed pretty obvious from the start that Raven was doomed to fail, since he seemed completely out matched when caught), but then there's no point where he meets the others. To be honest, that was the thing I was looking forward to the most, since I figured it was the reason you kept going back to Twilight and the others. It's just, why include her finding anything out at all if it's useless in the end?

Other than that, it was a good read.

2300021
Hey, thank you for reading Lost :pinkiehappy:, to respond to your feedback though…it’s hard because it contains a spoiler which I don’t want to ruin for other readers, if you don’t mind spoilers I can message you about it if you like.

Again thank you for reading it, it means a lot to me. :twilightsmile:

2400983
Don't worry, it gets a lot better for her! I swear I love Flutters I do :fluttershysad:

2401146
You'll just have to find out. :trollestia:

*Bravo* I give this fanfic 5 stars! I love everything about it, and I am a huge Fluttershy fan, so this made me happy. Also, I am a huge Spike fan, and I loved how you involved Spike in the last few chapters. Excellent job! :pinkiehappy:

2403427
Hehe, thank you very much. :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

Awesome story if I have ever read one

2492729
Fix'd, thanks. :twilightsmile:

Heh, the story pic looks like he's thinking "This is MY pony" pretty hard at something. :rainbowlaugh:

2494637make a sequal please

2736122
I am, currently I'm nearing the end of the Prequel to Lost as well as the upcoming sequel. But yeah, there IS going to be one, just after I finish the prequel. :twilightsmile:

After reading this i have to say

2736131 you just cant let me sleep can you? :pinkiecrazy:

I'm reading this mainly because of the beard.

3349255

Well it's a unique thing on here, with all the HiE teenagers and what not.

5578776 But irrefutably true.

I realize this is an older story, and I really did give it a serious effort, but I just couldn't get into it.

There is just something off about this one. The only one issue that I really can put my finger on, is Grendel always calling her "Miss Fluttershy" All the conversations were . "Yes, Miss Daisy. No miss Daisy, Thank you Miss Daisy, Its over there Miss Daisy."

This whole story just feels really off.

The Monk
"I understand killin’ but I sure as hell don't understand you sheltered bastards.” -ThePhoton

Login or register to comment