• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 5,544 Views, 306 Comments

My Little Digimon, Courage is Magic - SuperPinkBrony12



A crossover fic featuring Digimon Adventure 02. The digidestined and their partner digimon get brought to Equestria courtesy of a spell from Twilight. Before long Tai and Twilight fall in love.

  • ...
15
 306
 5,544

Goodbye for now

The violet portal that had brought so many evil digimon to Equestria had not yet vanished despite Shadowmon's defeat.

"That's weird." Izzy said as he looked up at the sky "The portal should've closed by now."

"You're right." Tai said "Something's up."

"Digidestined come in, this is Gennai." Gennai said "I'm speaking to you from the digital world. I've managed to establish communications with Equestria. I've also managed to get a lock on that portal. Right now I've got under control so it won't close, but I don't know how long it will last."

"Did you see our battle Gennai?" Davis asked.

"I did, and I'm impressed." Gennai said "But that's not what's important here. Right now you need to find a way to remove the dark magic from the portal so no more evil digimon can use it."

"I can fix it!" Imperialdramon said. He flew up to the portal and shot a powerful beam of white magic from his horn. The magic went into the portal and slowly began to purify it, removing all the dark magic and replacing it with light magic. Then once that was done the Elements of Harmony that were on his body began to glow. Channeling their energy into the Crystal Sword Imperialdramon shot a rainbow pillar into the portal.

Everyone watched as the portal began to expand. Suddenly it was big enough to fit at least three Imperialdramon's and still have room left over.

"I've stablized the portal so that it can stay open for as long as we need it to." Imperialdramon said.

"So then that means that our adventure in Equestria is over." Tai said sadly.

"I'm afraid so." Gennai said "But this is your only chance to return to the digital world. If you stay in Equestria I don't know if we'll ever be able to get another chance to bring you home."

"But it's not fair." Biyomon said "There's still so much we have yet to see in Equestria."

"I know." Gabumon said "But we have no choice but to return home. Everyone is probably worried sick about us."

"Gabumon's right." Matt said "It's time for us to go."

"Ah, do you have to?" Pinkie Pie asked "We could have lots of fun."

"Yes we do Pinkie Pie." Sora said "I really am sorry I only got to help you babysit the Cake Twins once. I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too Sora." Pinkie Pie said "Heck we'll miss all of you." The rest of the Elements of Harmony bearers nodded.

One by one each of the digidestined along with their parnter digimon (excluding Davis and Ken because their partners were still merged into Imperialdramon) said goodbye to Twilight and her friends. They made sure to thank them for taking them in when they had nowhere else to go."

Tai and Twilight were the last one to say goodbye to each other. They both had tears in their eyes.

"So I take it you have to go huh?" Twilight asked, she didn't even try to hide the sadness in her voice.

"Yes I do." Tai said sadly "It was nice getting to know you Twilight. And I'm honored to have been your coltfriend, if only for a little while. I guess all good things must end eventually."

"If you really want you can stay in Equestria with me." Twilight said "I could turn you into a pony and we could have a proper relationship. Maybe someday we could even get married."

Tai thought about the offer for a moment and then he said to Twilight "Thank you for the offer but I'm afraid I have to say no. As much as I would love to stay I can't. Like it or not I am a digidestined, and that means I have a responsiblity to protect my universe. That includs the digital world and my home, planet Earth. I know this isn't easy, trust me it hurts to say this, but don't spend all your time remembering me. Move on with your life and do what you'd do if we'd never met."

"But I could never forget you." Twilight said sobbing "You really understood me. You always stood by me even when I wouldn't have blamed you for turning against me. You made me laugh, and you treated me with kindness. You always told me how you were feeling. And you always spent as much time as you could with me. In a way you represent all six of the Elements of Harmony. So I can't forget you, not ever."

"Well maybe you don't have to." Tai said "Hey Izzy do you think we could possibly come back to Equestria sometimes?"

"Well I'd have to talk to Gennai about that but I'm sure he'd say yes." Izzy said.

"Then maybe we could come back to Equestria on a vaction. You know just to get away from it all. And we could keep in touch using our computers." Tai said.

"Tai that's a prodigious idea!" Izzy said "Sometimes i think you're even smarter than me."

"Well I wouldn't go so far as to say that." Tai said blushing. "Anyway I'd say goodbye Twilight but this really isn't goodbye. It's more of a see you later. We'll keep in touch." And with that Tai and Twilight kissed each other. It was a long and happy kiss. And then Tai along with his trust partner Agumon hoped onto Imperialdramon.

"Hang on tight." Imperialdramon said "Thank you for choosing air Imperialdramon." The mighty Mega flapped his wings and disappered into the portal.

Soon the portal which was now more of a light pink shrunk and closed. Twilight looked up and said "I hope we meet again soon Tai. I promise I'll always remember you." A single tear streaked down her cheek and touched the ground but she was smiling.

"Well now Cadence and I had better get going Twily." Shining Armor said "The Crystal Empire needs us."

"Take care you two." Twilight said.

"We will." Cadence said "And perhaps we'll see each other again soon." And with that the Prince and Princess of the Crystal Empire left.

All the ponies who had appeared to watch the battle dispersed soon afterward and went about their daily business.

The only ponies that remained now were the six Elements of Harmony bearers.

"Well I guess we won't be needing these again anytime soon." Twilight said and one by one she levitated them off of herself and her friends and into the box they had originally been in. "I'll send them back to the Princess' first thing tomorrow." she said.

"Hey, are you feeling okay sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"Yes I am." Twilight said.

"Good." Rainbow Dash said.

"You know we don't like to see our friend looking down in the dumps." Pinkie Pie said.

"Now what do you say we all head back and write a letter to the Princess' stating what we've learned about friendship? After all I think we've all learned something from these past few days." Rarity said.

"That sounds good." Fluttershy said. And with that the six friends set off.

"Welcome back digidestined." Gennai said "And before any of you ask yes you can go back to Equestria on occassion. Just don't stay there for too long."

"Thanks Gennai." Tai said "That's all we can ask for."

"Good, now you should all head home. Your friends and family are waiting for you." Gennai said.

After returning to Earth and taking the time to reassure their parents they were okay the digidestined went their separate ways.

When Tai and Kari returned home Tai headed for the computer. And there waiting for him was what one would say was like a video, but to Tai it was a gateway into another universe, the magical land of Equestria. Home to his new marefriend Twilight Sparkle.

"Glad to see you're o.k. Tai." Twilight said "I just finished sending a friendship report to Princess Celestia along with my friends. I just thought I'd check to ensure this special link I've established is working."

"Trust me, it is." Tai said "Sorry I don't have much time to talk right now but I just wanted to see if you knew how to reach me. I'll talk to you again tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye." Twilight said. And with that the video ended and the computer was shut down.

"Glad to see we can maintain a long distance relationship." Tai said to no one in particular as he headed to bed. It was the first time he'd sleep in his own bed in 10 days.

"Now if only everyone knew about Equestria like they do digimon." Tai thought to himself.

Comments ( 58 )

And so it is with great reluctance that I mark this fic as "Complete".

Stick around though because my next fanfic should be up before the end of the weekend.

Nice! You've made it extremely possible for there to be a sequel, either by you or by someone else!:pinkiehappy:

Three typos:

"That's weird." Izzy said as he looked up at "The portal should've closed by now."

Something seems to be missing.

Right now I've got it under control

I'll always remember you." a single tear streaked down her cheek

Needs to be capitalized.

1981438 It could be. A sequel to this fanfic is not among my top prorities right now though. :eeyup:

1981691 If you do make a sequel will it just be a slice of life sort of thing?

1982877 This was more Adventure since it was more of that from the digidestined's perspective.

At this point a sequel is up in the air, if I do decide to it it likely won't be for a long time.

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Dec 1st, 2013

2061563 T.K. is old enough to say what he wants. Remember this is 02 when T.K.'s a few years older. He's already shown that he doesn't need Matt watching over him.

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Feb 19th, 2013
Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Dec 16th, 2013

2312896 It's not a spelling mistake, that's proper English. Ask your English teacher and i'm sure he or she will agree with me, or look it up yourself.

Aside from that what do you think of this story?

2394625 You are correct. His Paladin Mode is what required Omnimon to give up his powers.

2635087 Hey if you don't like then it don't read it. :ajbemused:

2062259 Ah, makes sense. I guess matt dosen't give "a damn" what TK says!
...
....
.....
What? It was funny!

2635139 Its not that I don't like it, its just......Tailight......:twilightoops: But, that a side I finaly read the hole story and man was it good. I only have one question. I know who Tai, T.K., Kari, Sora, Joe, Mimi, Izzy and Matt are but, who are the others?

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Jul 4th, 2013

2649666 Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken are from the second series Digimon Adventure 02.

Davis is the leader and his goggles are given to him by Tai (he has square ones in the first episode but they are destroyed) but he's rather hotheaded and at times seems like a jerk, plus he has a onesided relationship with Kari though he appears to grow out of by the end of the series. He has an older sister named Jun (who at first has a crush on Matt as something of an annoying fan girl) who he argues a lot with but still cares for her.

Yolei is a bit of borderline girl switching back and forth between more tom boyish behavior and more traditional valley girl behavior. She has a catch phrase and at times serves as the group's tech support. She is the youngest sibling of the biggest family of the digidestined and her parents run a convience store so she often sneaks food out to help her teammates. She develops a crush on several boys but's her relationship with Ken that sticks around. Much like Davis she can be annoying at times.

Cody is the only digidestined raised by a grandparent because his father (a police officer) died. He's rather mature despite being the youngest member and is usually the one with sage advice. He practices kendo with his grandfather which is where he gets a lot of his personality and morals from. At times though he does become annoying with the whole "I still don't trust you." or "Don't kill him."

Ken serves as the villan for the first 21 episodes of Digimon Adventure 02 under the guise of the Digimon Emperor. His backstory is a little confusing as it's based off of games for the Wondersawn which was exclusive to parts of Aisa. His first visit to the digital world had him infected with a dark spore and eventually made him cold and distant from anyone, beliving himself to be superior to all life forms. He had an older brother named Sam who got mad at Ken for touching his stuff and made Ken wish that Sam would go away. One day his brother Sam pushed Ken out of the way of a speeding car and was killed. Ken quickly realized he would be expected by his parents to fufill Sam's shoes and was ultimately baited into beliving the Digital World was a game. He ultimately creates a frankenstein like digimon called Mereamon by taking parts of other digimon which he loses control of. His partner Wormmon scarifices his life to stop it and Ken sees the light. He then goes to try and redeem himself and becomes the second in command of the new digidestined.

T.K. and Kari reappear in 02 and serve as the veteran members but their role is somewhat limited though they get their fair share of shipping moments. (Heck episode 13 of 02 is entirely based on Takari.)

2649744 :rainbowderp: Wow, thanks for that. Now I need to find away to see those episodes they sound awesome.:rainbowdetermined2: And why did do it two times?

2649838 I'm not really sure. My guess is that Adventure proved to be so popular that Toei decided to produce a sequel series and perhaps originally planned an Adventure 03 before the rocky reactions to 02 led to it being dropped and replaced with Tamers.

As for the episodes you can find them on YouTube but it's possbile they'll start airing on Nickoloden and/or Nicktoons sometime this year.

2649871 Cool
Brohoof /)
Stay strong and pony on.:rainbowdetermined2:

2649961 Yep. Digimon is in my opinion a very underrated Anime series. The first three series were great and I consider them classics. I can't really say the same for the later ones although I get the feeling Data Squad/Savers tried.

I do hope that Digimon will return to the U.S. airwaves before long.

2650043 Well, did you know that they put out the first season in three volumes. I have them all right now. Heres to the hope they put out the second one.

2795832 It does indeed. If you have Nicktoons you catch Digimon Adventure on the airwaves at 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

A Digimon Fiction? On this sight? Isstant FAV! :pinkiehappy:

3223499 Not sure if compliment or insult. :applejackunsure:

3292601
Not an insult, I was just surprised.
Besides, SoraTai shippers make me cringe, so this was a welcome change :)

3455994 Sounds good I guess. What are your ideas?

3458566>>3458591 Well a lot of fans have stated that the two are like the Team Rocket of Digimon. Especially in the chessy Dub.

3419755

Heh, I like Taiora better than Sorato. It just never made sense that Sorato appeared out of the blue like that.

3456060 Not entirely sure what I'd change- if I were to change anything- just yet, but it'd require a few revisions first before I put in any of my own ideas in there. I do think that it's necessary to have more character building between characters, especially regarding Tai and Twilight's relationship- which I still am having a hard time wrapping my head around, lol!

3458784 Same here. The cram is probably the biggest reason why people hate the ship. There was no build up whatsoever, it just came out of the blue.

Attention everyone, I have an announcement to make.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that this fic WILL be getting a sequel before the end of this year. Do not plan to see it much before Christmas though.

Stay tuned for more information.

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Dec 16th, 2013

3697448 Stob isn't a fanfic, it's a fanmade game/creepypasta. You can find a playthrough of it on YouTube. It's really quick. :eeyup:

3740674 There's no way to know how powerful he was, because he only fought the digdestined after he'd absorbed all those black gears. But he was powerful enough to make a Digimon equivalent of Frankenstien turn rebel, and very nearly drove Ken to the point of insanity.

pretty damn good. well done

3944407 I know that. But that's what Veemon likes to call him, because of his lisp.

3944410 Thanks man. I am just REALLY particular about that show. Kari is best person.

3947304 Yup. Purly Dub invented of course, but does have a certain charm to it.

SuperPinkBrony12 Good story now I have a challenge for you sir

4224485 I originally included the full backstories, but fans complained and I edited them out in a revision.

4224547 ...That is morbidly depressing. Though I guess that explains why the flow feels rushed. I wonder though, were their backstories just a retelling of events or was most of it comments shared between Tai and Twi?

4227393 Pretty much just a retelling of their events.

4227779 Yea that makes sense then. If you just tell one character's story to the other then vice versa, there's no life in it. It's just information for the sake of information. If you'd like, I can send you a little excerpt I wrote detailing dynamic story telling and how to approach character interaction when you have two characters talking to each other about their back stories. I had only meant to write a little snippet but I got carried away and ended up writing a full on scene almost :twilightsheepish: I can just PM it to you if you want to give it a read. Past that, it's also yours to use in whatever way you please.

4229229 I might take you up on that eventually.

I think the perfect ending song for this chapter is when can I see you again by owl city

4949375 I made that reference specficially because those two remind many people of Jessie and James from Pokemon.

Login or register to comment