• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 5,544 Views, 306 Comments

My Little Digimon, Courage is Magic - SuperPinkBrony12



A crossover fic featuring Digimon Adventure 02. The digidestined and their partner digimon get brought to Equestria courtesy of a spell from Twilight. Before long Tai and Twilight fall in love.

  • ...
15
 306
 5,544

Battle Tactics

Twilight woke up the next morning to find Tai and Agumon were not in bed. "That's odd." Twilight thought to herself "Perhaps they're down stairs enjoying breakfast."

Gingerly tiphoofing so as not to wake up Spike Twilight made her way down to the main level of the library. But Tai and Agumon were nowhere to be found. Then she saw something on the table.

"What's this?" Twilight asked as she leviated the object to her.

It was a note.

Hey there Twilight,

After the close calls against MetalEtemon and the tag team threat of Arukenimon and Mummymon it has become all too panifully obvious to the digidestined and I that we are more then a bit rusty, so we have decided that we must sharpen our skills.

Yesterday afternoon as luck would have it we found a great place just outside of Ponyville that's largely uninhabited. This will make an excellent training ground.

We've made sure to pack everything we'll need and we'll likely be gone for most of the day so don't bother waiting for us to return. You and your friends can do whatever you normally do. Just try not to worry too much about me.

Love,

Your Boyfriend/Coltfriend Taichi Yagami Kamiya

"Well seems like he's given me a day off of sorts." Twilight said "But I have a feeling I should show this to the girls first just so they don't freak out." And she did.

(An unspecified location outside of Ponyville)

"Terra Force!" War Greymon said, launching an attack at MegaKabuterimon who dodged with ease.

"Horn Buster!" MegaKabuterimon said as he launched an attack right back at WarGreymon who also dodged with ease.

"Vee Laser!" ExVeemon said. Ankylomon deflected the blast with his tail.

"Tail Hammer!" Ankylomon said. ExVeemon flew up and dodged it.

"That's it guys keep giving it everything you've got!" Tai said "I wanna see you all give one hundred and ten percent out there and I don't care if that's not mathmatically possible! Our enemies haven't been holding back at all and more than likely that's not going to change any time soon! So I don't want to hear any excuses! I know I might seem hard on you all but I'm doing this for our own good! We were lucky the last two times and next time we may not be so lucky!"

"Don't worry coach!" WarGreymon said "We won't let you down will we guys?"

"Sir no sir!" replied the other digimon.

"Then get back to it!" Tai said.

"Ice Wolf Bite!" MetalGarurumon said, launching an attack at Garudamon.

"Phoneix Claw!" Garudamon said, countering the attack.

"Vulcan Hammer!" Zudomon said.

"Flower Cannon!" Lillymon said. Both attacks collided and cancelled each other out.

"Excalibur!" MagnaAngemon said.

"Celestia Arrow!" Angewomon said. Again the attacks collided and cancelled each other out.

"Grand Horn!" Aquilamon said.

"Spiking Strike!" Stingmon said. Like with before the attacks collided and cancelled each other out.

"Stop!" a voice called "You monsters will not harm this area!"

"Who said that?" ExVeemon asked.

"It doesn't matter!" WarGreymon said "Just keep going!"

"Trixie said stop!" the voice said. Then suddenly a unicorn mare with a light blue coat and an even lighter blue mane and tail decked out in a purple wizard hat and cloak came running out.

"Hold your fire!" Tai said. The digimon obeyed.

"Thank you for that." the unicorn mare said panting.

"Who are you?" Tai asked "And why did you order us to stop? We weren't doing any harm!"

"Trixie apologizes." the unicorn mare said "Trixie thought you were trying to attack her home."

"You still didn't answer one of my questions!" Tai said "Who are you?"

"You may not know it but you digidestined and your partner digimon are standing in the pressance of greatness that is The Great and Powerful er mean I The Great and Humble Trixie!"

"So uh Great and Humble Trixie!" Tai said.

"You may refer to Trixie as just Trixie." Trixie said.

"Well then Trixie explain to me what you meant by your home." Tai said "Do you mean to tell me that you live here? Twilight told me that after your last visit to Ponyvillie, which I hear wasn't very pleasant, you just up and ran off again."

"Ah so you know Twilight Sparkle." Trixie said "Well then perhaps this will be easier to explain then Trixie thought. Please follow Trixie and she will explain everything."

"Does this mean we're taking a break?" Stingmon asked.

"I guess so." ExVeemon said.

Trixie lead the digidestined into a small two story house. It wasn't anything special, it seemed to have an average look to it.

"Not a bad place you've got here." Davis said "But why exactly are you living here when there's a whole town of ponies just a few blocks away?"

"Trixie will explain everything. If you'd all kindly sit down and shut up Trixie can begin." Trixie said "Now then The Great and Humble Trixie was born in the town of Ponyville as one of the most talented unicorns. Some said she was even better than Rarity who was also born in Ponyville. Trixie's parents did not have enough bits however to enroll her in Princess Celestia's school for gifted unicorns in Canterlot and so Trixie was forced to share magical lessons with Rarity Belle. One day Rarity brought her younger sister Sweetie Belle who just a foal at the time with her."

"Are you gonna answer my question or not?" Davis asked.

"Silence fool! The Great and Humble Trixie does not like to be interupted!" Trixie snapped.

"Oh sorry." Davis said.

"Now where was Trixie? Oh yes. Rarity had brought Sweetie Belle over because her parents had trusted Rarity to look after her little sister while they went shoping." Trixie said "When the magic instructor did not show up Trixie used her magic to help Rarity entertain Sweetie Belle and in the process Trixie earned her cutie mark. From that day forward Trixie strived to become the greatest illusionist Equestria had ever seen."

"Uh Trixie if I may ask." T.K. said "Why is that I'm only now hearing this from you and not from Rarity herself?"

"Rarity has likely forgotten." Trixie said "Not that Trixie blames her. Rarity has been a very busy mare these past few years and it would not surprise Trixie if she has forgotten her fillyhood friend."

"Then I guess we'll have to remind her when we get back." Kari said "Anyways you may continue."

"To spare you a long and boring speech Trixie will simply skip to the next important part." Trixie said "Trixie eventually managed to build a name for herself as The Great and Powerful Trixie. Everywhere she went ponies of all ages would gather to watch Trixie perform spectacular feats of magic. Eventually Trixie decided to bring her show to Ponyvillie. By that point Trixie had gotten so confident that she believed nopony in Equestria could match her. Trixie told a gaint fib to make herself seem even more popular and started braging left and right. All those actions caught up to Trixie when she was forced to face down an Ursa Minor and was humilated. After that Trixie could no longer go anywhere in Equestria without being laughed at. She believed that such things were the result of Twilight Sparkle."

"Did you know that Twilight was an Element of Harmony bearer? The bearer of the Element of Magic to be precise?" Tai asked.

"No Trixie did not." Trixie said "For if she did know perhaps Trixie would not have done what she about a month ago. Fed up with working on a rock farm to make a living Trixie fled and by luck stumbled onto a pawn shop in the shaddy back alleys of Canterlot. There using all of the bits she had saved up she purchased the Alicorn Amulet which Trixie would later discover was cursed. It made Trixe incredibly powerful but it also made her act cruller than ever to those around her. She returned to Ponyville and challenged Twilight to a magic duel. When Twilight lost Trixie banished her from town and took over. Thankfully Twilight's friends were able to find out about the Alicorn Amulet and after beating Trixie at her own game of smoke and mirrors tricked her into taking off the Alicorn Amulet. Trixie was quickly forgiven for all she had done and even stayed to watch Twilight impress her teacher Princess Celestia. But The Great and Humble Trixie could not stay in Ponyville even after all they had done for her because it just wasn't for her. She perfered to live her life as she had always lived it, on the road. And so Trixie does not stay in any one place for too long. She goes wherever the wind takes her, stays for a while, and then packs up and leaves again. One day though when Trixie truely feels like she is ready she will return to Ponyvillie and challenge Twilight Sparkle to another magic duel. And it will be an honest duel. But until that day Trixie is perfectly content with living her life as she is now."

"So this home is only temporary huh?" Cody asked "I must say it has to be hard. Moving from place to place."

"It is but Trixie has made many friends." Trixie said "She still keeps in touch and visits on occassion. Why just recently Trixie traveled to Manehattan where she performed a charity magic act for those made homeless by a powerful storm system."

"I thought that with the exception of the Everfree Forest the pegasi controlled the weather." Izzy said.

"Yes well every so often the pegasi must deal with weather systems that leave the Everfree Forest. Such a thing is what happened in Manehattan." Trixie said.

"Sounds like you've had an intresting life." Ken said.

"Yes." Trixie said "The Great and Humble Trixie wholeheartedly agress."

"Well then I suppose you don't mind if we go back to our training?" Tai asked "I promise we'll be careful."

"Ah yes about that." Trixie said "Trixie believes that there might be a way that she can help you."

"How so?" Sora asked.

"Trixie shall show you." Trixie said

As is turned out Trixie was able to scan the digimon and create exact clones of them. Tai quickly caught on. What better way for the digidestined and their partner digimon to improve then to battle against their own copies who knew all of their attacks and strategies?

Several hours passed and the digidestined and their partner digimon kept training only take breaks every once in a while to avoid wearing themselves out.

The sun was starting to set when Tai decided they were done for the day. They said goodbye to Trixie and set off for Ponyville.

A few minutes later they were back in Ponyville where they found Twilight and her friends waiting for them.

"I thought I told you to not bother waiting for us to return." Tai said.

"You did but well we had nothing better to do." Twilight said. "I take it your training session went well."

"Yes very well." Tai said "We've improved considerably I'd say and we also ran into an old friend of Rarity's."

"And just who did you run into?" Rarity asked.

"Trixie, I mean the Great and Humble Trixie." T.K. said "Although you've probably forgotten about her. She said that she had to share magical lessons with you and that she earned her cutie mark helping you entertain your little sister Sweetie Belle."

"Oh I remember that well." Rarity said "I've been meaning to send Trixie a message but I have not heard from her in so long that I do not know where she lives."

"Well for now she's staying in a small house outside of Ponyville." Kari said.

"Guess I'll have to pop down there tomorrow." Rarity said "I really never got a chance to properly thank her for helping me look after Sweetie Belle. Speaking of which since I don't know how long I'll be gone tomorrow I take it I can trust you both to look after her."

"You betcha." Kari asked "And if there's ever any trouble I can always call Sora for backup."

"We'll see." Sora said "I've been pretty busy lately helping Pinkie Pie foalsit the Cake Twins and they're quite a handful or should I say hoofful." Everyone laughed at that, after all laughter was the best medicine.