• Published 25th Dec 2023
  • 221 Views, 18 Comments

Mission Pinkpossible - Greatazuredragon



A certain pink prancing pony ventures forth into the streets of Ponyville in search of a very special parcel! She is a mare on a mission! Nothing would stop her! That was a Pinkie Promise!

  • ...
0
 18
 221

Ponderings of Pink Party Ponies

Ponderings of Pink Party Ponies

The sun was reaching its zenith upon the azure sky, giving some warmth to the cold winter day upon the pony settlement of Ponyville. Ponies of all kinds were hurrying along through the many paths opened amidst the white snow covering the landscape.

Ponies were either busying themselves by placing the final additions to the Hearth’s Warming decorations upon their homes and business. Either seeing friends and having a good time, or buying a final gift before the joyous date arrived proper tomorrow. As the latest train arrived at Ponyville’s station, even more ponies arrived, adding their number to the colorful mass of equines rushing around.

Amidst their number, a very particular individual drew the eye of nearly everypony that passed by.

“Dun dun, dun-dun dun dun, dun dun dun-dun, dun dun dun,” a pink-coated earth pony mare with a bubblegum pink puffy mane sung underneath her breath as she ‘snuck’ out of the train. She was wearing a dark trench coat that fluttered upon the cold winter wind. An equally dark fedora valiantly tried, and failed, to contain her pink mane. And a black fake moustache rested upon her muzzle to better ‘conceal’ her identity.

Quite a few ponies stopped to stare at the mare in clear befuddlement as she crawled for a bit on the open courtyard, before rushing forward and flattening herself against the ticket booth. All the while never stopping singing the very catchy tune.

Earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn. They all stared for a moment, before the mare’s coloration, and the three balloons that could be briefly glimpsed upon her flanks as the trench coat fluttered around as she dashed to a new ‘hiding’ place leaning against a newspaper stall, made them shake their heads with small bemused smiles before they continued with their day.

Experience had long since taught the ponies of Ponyville that it was best not to ask questions when they saw that particular shade of pink involved with something odd happening. If one valued their sanity, that is. The Princess of Friendship herself had learned that the hard way.

And so it continued for a few more moments. The mare ‘sneakily’ moved from place to place amidst the bustling throng of ponies. All the while those very same ponies made sure to ‘not see’ the mare passing by humming a song.

All but one, that is.

“Pinkie, darling, what are you doing?” a cultured voice asked the trench coat wearing pink pony now ‘hiding’ behind a park bench.

She was a white-coated unicorn mare with a well-cared for and expertly coiffed purple mane, wearing stylish boots and an overcoat. Three diamonds could be glimpsed upon her flank beneath her garments.

Quite a few ponies picked up their pace as the Bearer of Generosity approached the pink mare, inwardly worried that something was about to happen. It was but a silly superstition, true. However, nopony could deny that when more than one Element Bearer gathered in one place, things tended to turn ‘interesting’ very quickly.

Better to be safe than sorry.

“I have no idea who you are talking about, my good mare,” the pink pony firmly stated in a hilariously forced prench accent. “I’m most certainly not Pinkie Pie, Bearer of the Element of Laughter. Noperoni.”

“Of course dear, of course,” Rarity said in the same tone of voice a parent would use to speak to their foal when they showed them a new ‘masterful picture’ they had just drawn. Gently arranging the parcels she was balancing upon her back, the unicorn gave the trench coat-wearing pony a smile as she continued. “But nonetheless, if you could allay my curiosity, what are you doing, Not-Pinkie.”

The pony first looked one way, and then the other, as if to check they were alone, despite the fact they were in a bustling street in the middle of Ponyville. Her fedora shook violently upon her bubblegum pink mane as she did so. She then inched closer to Rarity and ‘whispered’ to her.

“I am on a mission of critical importance! A vital item is needed for the most joyous occasion that shall befall us tomorrow in order to make sure a grumpy pony stops being grumpy! And so I came in search of it!” the pink mare proudly declared, briefly standing on her back hooves and dramatically pointing her right forehoof upwards. “I seek the Mistress of Apples for a most sought after beverage!”

“I see, I see,” Rarity nodded with an amused chuckle, paying no mind to the stares being thrown the pink pony’s way. “Well, Applejack’s stall is still open as I passed by it but a few minutes ago, and she still seemed to have a few casks of her family’s special cider left, so you are in luck.”

“Many thanks for this vital information, mare that I most definitely do not know! Now I must hurry to complete my mission!” the pink pony declared with a serious nod, all but bouncing in place.

“Of course, darling, and do have fun,” the unicorn chuckled, giving the earth pony a wink, idly wondering exactly what game she was playing.

“Bye, Rarity!” the pink mare joyfully proclaimed, dropping the fake accent for a moment before dashing into the crowd and disappearing from view.

“That mare,” Rarity chuckled again as she shook her head. Checking the parcels were still secure, she turned around and continued on her way. However, a prancing pink pony once again appeared in her view.

“Hi Rarity, bye Rarity!” Pinkie Pie cheerfully shouted as she bounced around, going in the complete opposite direction she had been going but moments before. Several rolls of colorful wrapping paper were on her back. The trench coat, fedora, and moustache were nowhere to be seen.

Rarity blinked once as Pinkie disappeared into the throng of ponies again, before simply shaking her head again and deciding she didn’t want the headache that asking the questions that had rushed through her mind would cause.

“That mare,” she stated again with an amused sigh, fond resignation in her voice as she moved on.

One simply did not question Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.



“Thanks for your patronage!” an orange-coated earth pony said with a smile to the pegasus just leaving her family’s market stall. Removing her Stetson from her head, Applejack passed a hoof over her golden mane as she let out a tired but satisfied sigh.

The days before Hearth’s Warming were extremely good for her family business, but also equally busy. A seemingly never ending line of ponies came one after another to buy the products their farm produced. It was hard work but highly satisfying, even with the occasional odd customer.

And speaking of odd customers…

“Greetings Mistress of Apples, I have come in search of some of your wares!” somepony said in a hilariously bad prench accent, making Applejack turn to see who had snuck up to her stall when she wasn’t paying attention.

She blinked once, then twice. But since the appearance of the pony before her did not change, she reacted in the only appropriate way to the current situation.

“Pinkie, what’re you doin’?” the orange-coated earth pony asked in confusion to the pink mare wearing a heavy trench coat, fedora, and fake moustache. She was slightly worried that Pinkie may be bored and cooking up a new way to pass the time.

That never ended well…

"I don’t know what you are talking about, my good mare, I’m clearly not Pinkie Pie,” the bubblegum pink pony with a cutie mark of three balloons, two blue and one yellow, seriously stated while energetically bouncing up and down in place. The action made her trench coat dramatically flap around her as if a large pair of wings.

“Ah see…” Applejack dubiously stated. She upped her worry that Pinkie was bored a few notches higher. Well, at least most of her wares had already been sold if the worst came to pass and this turned into some massive prank by the bored party pony.

“Now that that has been clarified, I would like two barrels of your fine farm best apple cider, and half a dozen pots of zap apple jam! Pretty please!” the pink pony happily proclaimed as she did a dramatic flourish with her trench coat while mid jump.

“And you couldn’t ask them to be delivered like normal, why?” Applejack asked even as she grabbed some of her last barrels of cider and the requested jam pots. Business was business, after all, no matter how odd the customer was acting.

“Wouldn’t be delivered in time, silly!” was the prompt reply, the pink mare completely dropping the fake accent as she did so.

Applejack just gave her a look. It took all of twenty minutes to get from Sweet Apple Acres to Sugarcube Corner. However, the pink mare simply gave her a beaming smile past her fake moustache in lieu of an answer.

“Right, okay sugarcube,” Applejack stated simply with a shake of her head, deciding that trying to understand what her pink friend was up to would only lead to a headache. Therefore, she promptly packaged and handed over the asked for wares.

“Many thanks, oh Mistress of Apples!” the pink mare happily said, as she took the offered items, removed her fedora, and made them disappear into her puffy pink mane in one fluid motion, before placing a small bag full of bits upon the stall. “You can keep the change, and happy Hearth’s Warming!”

“Happy Hearth’s Warming to you too, Pinkie,” Applejack said with a smile and a wave of her hoof, ignoring the pink pony that was waving back when she shouted back she definitely wasn’t Pinkie Pie.

Taking the bits, AJ proceeded to safely store them under the stall with the rest of her earnings of the day. When she righted herself back up, she found herself muzzle to muzzle once again with a beaming smile that belonged to a certain pink earth pony.

“Hi, Applejack, hope you are having a nice day. Sorry to bother you, but the Cakes will need a dozen more jars of zap apple jam and two casks of your apple cider,” Pinkie Pie quickly said as she all but bounced into place, leaving a bag full of bits upon the stall. “Here are the bits. Just deliver them as usual. And happy Hearth’s Warming.”

And with that she was gone. Bouncing away without a care in the world as she greeted and wished happy holidays to all ponies in her path.

As she watched the pink mare disappear into the crowd, Applejack just let out a sigh and shook her head once again. There was no understanding that mare.

And with that thought she set aside the last two casks of cider and the requested jam to be delivered later, before proceeding to greet her next customer.



As the sun slowly moved towards the western horizon, heralding the ending of the day, a thick fog descended upon Ponyville’s train station.

The last departing train of the day was waiting for the last passengers to embark. Their forms were nothing but silhouettes amidst the thick rolling fog. Standing still within the obscuring mist was a figure wearing a heavy trench coat and a fedora. A mustache obscured her features even further. But, even with all that, one could still see her pink coat and bubblegum pink mane.

The mare stood there amidst the fog, eyes locked at the entrance of the train station, as if she was waiting for someone.

The mare needed not wait for long. From the shrouding mist a figure appeared at the train station’s entrance, her body hidden by a long trench coat, a fedora that shadowed her visage, and a large black mustache that obscured her features even further.

The two trench coat wearing pink ponies stared at each other for a moment as the thick mist rolled all around them, creating the illusion that they were the only two ponies in the world.

The mare at the entrance started to move towards the other with sure slow steps, tipping her fedora in greeting as she did so.

“Agent M, I trust you have completed your tasks successfully?” the awaiting pink mare questioned in a serious tone of voice thick with an extremely forced prench accent, tipping her own fedora in kind.

“Indeed I have, agent P,” the second mare answered as she stopped right next to the first one. Her own words were equally serious and with an equally forced accent. Both their eyes were hidden by the shadows cast by the fedoras, as they seemed to nonetheless stare at each other’s eyes. “I now have all that is needed to guarantee the success of my plans.”

“Not everything, Agent M,” the first pink mare disagreed with a serious shake of her head, before a huge smile appeared from beneath her fake moustache and she took out a parcel wrapped in brightly colored paper from within her mane. The accent disappeared completely as she continued. “After all, no party can be considered complete without a cake, silly!”

“Gasp! Right you are!” the first mare promptly replied, an identical huge smile behind her own fake mustache. Her accent also disappeared completely as she did so. “Thanks, Pinkie!”

“You are welcomed, Mirror!” Pinkie Pie said to her Mirror Pool clone as the latter disappeared the wrapped cake within her mane before both pink mares hugged each other, identical beaming smiles on their faces.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming Mirror Pie!”

“Happy Hearth’s Warming Pinkie Pie!”

Both mares spoke in tandem with identical voices, their actions mirror copies of each other. A moment later, they separated from the hug and bade each other goodbye.

And so one trench coat wearing pink pony boarded the train about to depart, while the second trench coat wearing pink pony turned off and collected her portable smoke machine before bouncing back to the village.

Both pink ponies sported huge identical smiles on their muzzles.



In a nice middle class apartment within the bustling city of Manehattan a purple-coated alicorn paced around the living room. Worry and agitation were clear in her features as she kept going back and forth from one corner of the room to the other.

“Where did that silly filly disappear to this time?!” Evilight hissed under her breath, her wings flaring at her side due to her worry.

She had noticed her roommate’s disappearance after waking up late this afternoon. After going to the bathroom and doing the necessary ablutions, she had noticed the apartment was quiet. Unnaturally quiet.

Knowing from long experience that a quiet pink menace was not a herald of good things for her continued sanity, Evilight promptly rushed to seek her fellow clone out.

Alas, the pink mare was nowhere in sight. There was nothing but a pile of pancakes covered with a glass bowl, and a very short note saying she had ‘left to do a chore, be back soon, so enjoy the pancakes sleepyhead’ to act as clues to what had happened.

The evil clone of Twilight Sparkle had worked late at her job on the Manehattan planetarium last night, and so she felt more than justified about waking past 4pm. But that meant that the Mirror Pool clone of the Bearer of Laughter she shared an apartment with had hours to do Celestia knows what unsupervised!

Placing her face upon her hooves, she groaned in frustration, wondering why exactly she had thought that being roommates with the crazy clone of the Bearer of Laughter was a good idea.

The situation that had led to her sharing a room with the Mirror Pool clone of Pinkie Pie had been long, complicated, ridiculous, and headache inducing, as things tended to be when involving the pink mare. However, after surviving Chrysalis stupid plan by a stroke of luck, and with no papers or money to her name, the chance of having a roof over her head and food on the table had been too good to pass.

Several months later, she could not say that had been a completely bad decision. It had allowed her the breathing room to use her vastly superior intellect to devise a plan of action, get a job, and move on with her life.

She now had no need to share an apartment with the pink menace. Hadn’t needed to do so for months for that matter. And yet, here she still stood, worrying about the crazy mare!

“Hi, Brain, hope you didn’t miss me too much while I was away on my errand!” a bubbly voice said right next to her. Evilight jumped in fright, her wings flapping in panic for a moment before she got them under control and glared at the pink mare smiling at her.

“Pinkamena Mirror Pie! Where have you been?” she growled at her fellow clone, before what she had been called permeated her surprised mind. “And how many times must I tell you that is not my name. I am Evilight!”

Evilight tiredly stated. This wasn’t the first time her very odd roommate had called her by this apparently nonsensical nickname. And she knew it wouldn’t be the last. Horse Apples, Mirror Pie tended to call her Brain more than her proper name of Evilight.

Truth be told, she didn’t mind overmuch, what with how it clearly made note of her vastly superior intellect. That said, she wished her random roommate would answer once and for all why Mirror decided to call her that, instead of simply starting to sing an oddly catchy song in lieu of answering.

No matter how much the bit about one being a genius while the other being insane fit them to a T, it still bothered her a little.

“I remembered how much you were grousing and grumbling about how we had run out of your favorite cider! And since having a grouchy pony at Hearth’s Warming is a big no-no I went to get some more!” the pink-coated mare said as if it was obvious. She moved toward the kitchen table and started to materialize objects from her mane and place them on the table.

Normally Evilight would use this opportunity to run a few scans to try and better understand the pink oddity’s strange abilities. But right now she was far too concerned by one fact to really bother.

“Mirror, my favorite cider is Sweet Apple Acres special reserve cider!” she stated as a sinking feeling of realization dawned on her. Surely, the mare would not have been crazy enough to do what the alicorn thought she did. Right?

“I know,” Mirror Pie happily answered even as she placed the cider inside their refrigerator.

“The one that you either have to order weeks in advance, or go to Ponyville personally to get!” Evilight continued in growing concern. It dawned upon her that, yes, her roommate would indeed be crazy enough to do what Evilight thought she did.

“Yuperoni, that’s where I went to get it!” the still smiling pink mare said, not a trace of worry upon her features.

“Pinkamena Mirror Pie!” Evillight harshly whispered, trying not to shout so as to not be heard by their neighbors. “Are you out of your bucking mind?! That’s the hometown of the Elements of Harmony! Including one Pinkamena Diane Pie! Do you know what could have happened if you had been caught?!”

They could have learned about Evilight’s continued existence! They could have created a task force to hunt her down! … They could have captured Mirror, dispelled the magic holding her pink friend together, and sent her back into the mirror pool and into oblivion…

“What were you thinking?!” Evilight hissed, anger and worry battling for supremacy in her voice.

“That we had run out of your favorite Sweet Apple Acres cider! So I went to get some more! I also took the opportunity to get some fresh zap apple jam, since I know you love putting it on your snacks and we had none of that left either!” Mirror Pie guilelessly replied, tilting her head sideways as she smiled at the purple-coated alicorn. “Oh, and I got a cake too! It really looks tasty as well!”

“Mirror!” the Evilight groaned, once more resting her brow upon her hooves. “You have to be more careful! What if somepony had recognized and captured you!”

“Don’t be a silly filly, Brain!” the pink-mare said as she moved closer to the still groaning Evilight. “I was super careful to not draw attention! I even wore a disguise so nopony could recognize me!”

While still far from ideal, it was at least something. And so Evilight let out a tired sigh and looked her roommate in the eyes. “Are you sure nopony recognized you?”

“Yuperoni! No one during my shopping in Ponyville recognized me as a Mirror Pool clone of Pinkie Pie!” Mirror Pie promptly replied in a way that all but exuded honesty.

“Mirror,” Evilight sighed. Fondness and exasperation battled for supremacy in her voice.

“So moving on, with this we have all the ingredients needed for our Hearth’s Warming Eve supper, and as such-” the pink party pony happily said before trailing off. A huge smile on her muzzle as she drew even closer to Evilight. “Are you pondering what I’m pondering, Brain?”

“I sincerely hope not, Pinkie. Or I would fear for my continued sanity,” the alicorn sincerely replied, shaking her head in exasperation at the mare’s antics.

“It’s time for a Hearth’s Warming Eve party!” Mirror Pie shouted as confetti exploded everywhere, coming from magic knew where.

After blinking a few times, and removing several colorful paper ribbons from her muzzle, Evilight was unsurprised to note that their apartment was now covered from wall to wall with Hearth’s Warming decorations.

She considered what to say for a long moment, before she turned towards her beaming pink roommate and simply stated.

“Hey, Pinkie,”

“Yes, Brain?”

“Happy Hearth’s Warming,” the evil clone sincerely said as she gave the mirror pool clone a brief light hug.

“Happy Heart’s Warming, Brain!” the pink menace cheerfully shouted back, preventing Evilight from moving away by deepening the hug and holding it for far longer than Evilight had initially planned.

With a long suffering sigh, the purple-coated evil clone of the Princess of Friendship allowed the happily blabbering Mirror Pool clone of the Bearer of Laughter to get it out of her system and keep hugging her. It was Hearth’s Warming Eve, after all.

Moreover, if any being said she was sporting a small heartfelt smile on her muzzle as that happened, well, then they were filthy liars that lied.

Author's Note:

They're Pinkie and the Brain. Yes, Pinkie and the Brain. One is a genius, the other's insane!~

When I got a prompt asking for a story featuring Mirror Pool Pinkie Pie's Hearth's Warming I had to wrack my brain for ideas. Then I remembered this picture with Mirror Pool Pinkie sharing a meal with Twilight’s evil clone.

And the idea of them being roommates planted itself in my mind.

From there it developed into Mirror Pinkie wanting to make something special for her grouchy friend for Hearth’s Warming. And this is the end result.

This story is Dreams of Ponies Jinglemas story for 2023.

Hope you all enjoyed this story. Happy Hearth’s Warming to you all.

Comments ( 18 )

This was GREAT!! I honeslty wouldnt mind seeing more of their shinanigans lol:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

11782593
Thanks. Happy to hear you liked the story. :twilightsmile:

I adored this story, and am glad I was able to pre read it as well.

11782637
Thanks for the help.
And glad that you liked the story.
:pinkiehappy:

“Pinkamena Mirror Pie! Where have you been?” she growled at her fellow clone, before what she had been called permeated her surprised mind. “And how many times must I tell you that is not my name. I am Evilight!”

...I think you could come up with something better for yourself :applejackunsure:

Oh my gosh, I loved this! And I agree, wouldn't mind seeing more of this as well.

11782648
Evilight: You dare question the superiority of my intelect?! :twilightsmile:
11782667
:heart: glad to hear you liked the story.

11782687
Angry 'evil' pony noises. :flutterrage::trollestia:

11782614
Very welcome on both counts :twilightsmile:

Very heart warming Hearth's Warming's story, Azure. Now I feel like I need a romcom between these two, you better get on that.

Thanks a bunch :twilightsmile:

11782802
Happy that you liked your gift.
Merry Hearth's Warming. :heart:

Well, that was nice. Good job with Pinkie.

11791379
Glad to hear you like dit. :twilightsmile:

That was a good story.

One simply did not question Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

Indeed! Will write your review now :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment