• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 7,327 Views, 260 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders Bring About the Apocalypse - BronyWriter



The CMC find a strange book in Twilight's house...

  • ...
31
 260
 7,327

The Ancient Ones

"No," said Applejack angrily.

"No?" asked Apple Bloom. "You can't ignore a direct order from the future ruler of Equestria!"

"You ain't gonna be the future rulers of Equestria!" said Applejack.

"Sure we are," said Sweetie Belle. "The voices told us so."

"Don't listen to them!" said Rainbow Dash. "They're lying to you!"

"They haven't led us astray yet!" said Scootaloo. "Everything they've promised us has happened, every power they've said we'd get, we've gotten. Why would they start lying now?"

"Because they're evil!" said Rarity hysterically. "What wouldn't they have to gain from lying to you!?"

"Face it, you three are just their patsies," said Applejack. Apple Bloom sighed.

"Deny this all you want sis, but this is happenin' whether you want it to or not."

"You'll get used to it, we promise," said Sweetie Belle.

"I don't want to get used to it, I want things to go back to the way they were!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Okay let's see, Luna is back on the moon, Celestia is stone, and half of the wielders of the Elements of Harmony are encased in stone as well. Yeah, I don't see things ever going back to normal, even if we do destroy the book."

"But they will!" said Applejack.

"But we don't want them to," said Scootaloo simply. The three remaining wielders glared at the Crusaders. Sweetie Belle sighed.

"Okay, normally this is the moment when we say 'join us or be destroyed' but why would we say that when we'll just make you join us anyway?" she said.

"Don't you dare-" began Applejack but it was too late. The Crusaders fired up their horns and the six ponies were instantly teleported to the outside of the ancient castle where they had found the Elements.

"We're heeeere!" said Apple Bloom.

"AB, don't!" pleaded Applejack.

"You know, we're going to save ourselves a lot of time if you just eliminate that word from your vocabulary," said Apple Bloom irritatedly as the Crusaders walked up to an empty spot and opened the book.

"You don't need to do this!" said Rarity.

"Same goes for that, sis," said Sweetie Belle.

"We ready?" asked Scootaloo.

"Ready," said Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle excitedly.

The Crusaders took a deep breath and together, they spoke the last phrase of the ritual.

"Transform the room until we are alone in the dark!"

Instantly the whole forest began to shake as if the very Earth was coming apart at the seams. The trees around them began to splinter and one by one, they fell to the ground with a mighty crash.

"This is it!" said Apple Bloom.

The very stones of the castle of the ancient pony sisters began to dissolve in front of them and a mighty gust of wind blew forth and the ashes of the castle blew away, making it seem as if there was never a castle there to begin with. In its place, a bright light began appearing. The Crusaders looked eagerly into it as it grew brighter and bigger. The three wielders could do nothing other than sit and stare at the light, each wanting to tear their eyes away but not being able to.

After a few minutes, the light expanded to the point where it was in their entire field of vision and three figures began coming out of the light.

"Ooooh!" said the Crusaders in awe. The three wielders wanted nothing more than to run, to chance being in a place where the imminent end of the world would not affect them. Maybe they could find a new place to start their lives anew...

However, it was clearly too late for that and the three figures each stepped out of the light.

The first thing that struck the Crusaders was how odd they looked. They looked like ponies, but they were much taller than even Celestia. They were each jet black and had matching manes and tails. The one on the far left had an explosion cutie mark, the one in the middle had a football cutie mark and the one on the right had a video game controller cutie mark.

"Greetings," said the one on the far left. "I am Yaeblamich, the Demon of Destruction."

"I am Yuamesmiwot," said the one in the middle. "The Demon of Confusion"

"I am Lowubel, Demon of Pride," said the one on the right.

"Together we have come to bring destruction upon these lands!" said the three of them together.

"Woo hoo!" said Apple Bloom. "We did it!"

"You are the ones who summoned us?" said Yuamesmiwot.

"We sure are," said Scootaloo. "And we're here to help you conquer the world!"

"That won't be necessary," said Lowubel with a wave of his hoof. The Crusaders looked at each other confusedly.

"But you said that--"

"We lied," said Yuamesmiwot with an evil grin. "You have brought this upon yourselves and you shall suffer the same fate as the rest of these." The eyes of the Crusaders widened.

"But you said we would be rewarded beyond our wildest dreams!" said Sweetie Belle. "We chose who to save and everything!"

"Did we not already give you rewards beyond your wildest dreams?" asked Yaeblamich. "Have you not already experienced power unlike anything that anyone has ever experienced?"

"Well yeah but--"

"We never told you that you would get to keep it," said Yuamesmiwot. "You were rewarded and now you shall receive your eternal reward!" Scootaloo's eyes narrowed and she fired up her horn.

"No, I won't let you do this!" She fired a beam of energy directly at the book. However, Lowubel fired up his horn and teleported the book out of the way before Scootaloo's attack could damage it. The Crusaders took up aggressive stances but the three demons merely laughed at them.

"Foals, do you really think that you can stop us?" said Yaeblamich.

"As powerful as you are, our leader can take it all away in an instant," said Lowubel.

"As he has always been able to do," said Yuamesmiwot. Apple Bloom fired up her horn and began to attack, but she could only watch in horror as her horn's power stuttered out and faded away.

"My horn!" she said. "What happened to my horn!?"

"You all should have listened to your friends," said Yuamesmiwot.

"Now you will pay the price for your lack of vision!" said Yaeblamich.

The three demons stomped their hooves on the ground and instantly, the Crusaders were knocked back. The remaining wielders watched in horror as the Crusaders slowly began shrinking down. Their horns and wings either shrunk down or disappeared altogether and their bodies began rapidly shrinking. Soon they were nothing more than the three fillies that they had been before this whole mess had started.

"NO!" said Applejack, reaching a hoof out to Apple Bloom.

"No no, just go ahead and be stereotypical and overly-dramatic, we don't mind," said Yaeblamich. Applejack shot an angry glare at Yaeblamich and rolled her eyes.

"Don't even get me started," she said.

"It matters not how they act," said Yuamesmiwot. "Only our mission to our leader matters now."

"You are right,"' said Lowubel. The three demons nodded to each other and they fired up their horns. The Crusaders and the wielders tried in vain to run away, but the demons proved to be too powerful and soon the six ponies found themselves in a completely white space. The white faded away to reveal that the demons had sent them to...the Crusaders' clubhouse? The six ponies stood up and looked around confusedly.

"What in the hay are we doin' here?" asked Apple Bloom. Applejack looked outside the window.

"I dunno, but I refuse to just sit here and wait for the end! Come on girls, let's go stop the demons! Maybe the Elements'll work on them!" The other five didn't have the heart to remind Applejack that the Elements were encased in stone right now along with half the wielders so they merely followed her outside the clubhouse. However, before they even managed to get five feet, they all blinked and found themselves back in the clubhouse once more. Applejack looked around wildly.

"W...what!? I don't understand!" Scootaloo looked around for a brief moment before she sighed and sat down on the floor.

"They're not letting us leave here," she said sadly. Sweetie Belle sat by her and sighed dejectedly.

"No, I guess they're not," she said. One-by-one, the other ponies in the clubhouse all sat down until only Applejack remained standing. She looked at the group furiously.

"So that's it!? You're all just gonna give up, just like that!?"

"Just like that!? We've all put our blood, sweat, and tears into this fight. Celestia herself probably hasn't had to fight this hard against a foe like this!" said Rainbow Dash.

"We did our best...no, we did better than our best but I'm afraid that it's time to hang up the sewing needles," said Rarity sadly.

"Yeah...we're awful sorry for causin' the apocalypse," said Apple Bloom.

"We really didn't mean for it to go this far!" said Sweetie Belle.

"We'd take it all back if we could!" said Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash and Rarity wrapped the Crusaders in a hug.

"We know that you were possessed by that book, kid. We know you'd never do anything to hurt us otherwise."

"Besides," said Rarity. "What good is it spending your last few moments being angry at those you love the most?" Applejack sighed and trotted over to Apple Bloom and sat down.

"Shucks," she said. "There's no reason we can't go about this whole thing with the utmost dignity."

"I agree!" said Rarity with a nod. "I couldn't have picked a better pony to spend the end of the world with than my sister." She squeezed Sweetie Belle into a tighter hug.

"Same here," said Applejack, squeezing Sweetie Belle into a hug.

"Same here," said Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo looked up at her and her eyes filled with joy.

"Do ya really mean it? Am I really your sister!?" she said.

"Yep," said Rainbow Dash with a smile. "I'm making you my honorary sister until beyond the end of the world kid. You can be my kid sister forever if you want." Scootaloo gave a squeal of delight and hugged Rainbow Dash tighter than she had ever hugged her before. The other four ponies looked on with smiles of their own.

Suddenly, Sweetie Belle was struck with an idea. She reached over and pulled her saddlebag over towards her and opened it up.

"I was saving these for a special occasion," she said as she dug through her bag. "But now is as good of a time as ever, right?"

"Right!" said Apple Bloom. Sweetie Belle gave a grunt of triumph and she pulled the item in question out of her saddlebag. It was a pack of cigarettes. Rarity gave a loud shriek at the item.

"Sweetie Belle!" she said angrily. "Where did you get those!?"

"Pinkie Pie gave them to me," she said.

"Pinkie Pie--"

"Relax sis, they're only candy!" said Sweetie Belle, taking one out and showing it to Rarity. "Gosh sis, do you really think I'd be dumb enough to actually smoke a real one, even if the world is ending?" Rarity was still in shock but she calmed down some.

"No...no I suppose not," she said. Sweetie Belle put the faux-cigarrette in her mouth and passed the pack around. Everypony took one and soon the whole clubhouse was having one last smoke.

Rainbow Dash took a puff and leaned back on the wall. She gave a contented sigh and patted Scootaloo on the head.

"You know, as last moments go, this isn't the worst way to go," she said. The others nodded in agreement.

"I'm sure there are a lot of ponies out there who are spendin' their last moments in agonizin' pain and fear," said Applejack.

"But here we are, surrounded by our family and smoking candy cigarettes," said Sweetie Belle.

"One could do worse," said Scootaloo.

"Do you think there's anythin' after this?" asked Applejack. "Are these our last moments forever?"

"I don't think so," said Rarity. "I think there will be something beyond this, even if this world is coming to an end.

"I doubt that ancient evil could destroy the afterlife too," said Rainbow Dash.

"Well then," said Applejack as she ate the remains of her candy cigarette and pulled another one out of the pack. "I suppose I'll see y'all on the other side then."

"To the other side," said Rainbow Dash, raising her hoof in the air. The others followed suit, wide smiles on their faces.

"To the other side," they all said in unison.

At that moment, a giant demonic hand crashed through the ground and obliterated the clubhouse in an instant.

Comments ( 68 )

So three chapters in the same day (relatively speaking) is this normal? short answer: no. Long answer: noooooooooooooooo

1323253 Well, 2 things. 1. I broke my collarbone and thus I have had a lot of free time, 2. they're short chapters.

1323260 .......I accept that logic

We didn't mean to end the world. :scootangel:

This is pretty much how I expected to end. Good story!

was that the end ????:pinkiegasp:
everypony died :unsuresweetie::applecry:

oh well:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

And everypony died. The end.

That was slightly unexpected, but then again, I couldn't see any other way to resolve it.
I know the names mean something, but it is too early for thinking so I will wait for someone else to figure it out.

You must really love bad endings. :o

And then they all died. Kind of anticlimactic, don't you think? :unsuresweetie:

Oh well, I can see why you did it though. It would be too cliché to just have good prevail as always. And now they can all be happy in the afterlife! :pinkiehappy:

inb4 people asking for sequel btw.

Wow, just wow.
Here this is in honor of them. I hope the afterlife isn't a total bitch for them. Otherwise that was an epic story.

Also I'm posting this because it is just inappropriate
fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/267/9/7/cutie_mark_crusader_gangnamstyle____ers__by_chocomilkterrorist-d5fo36v.gif

1323696 A sequel would be nice:twilightsmile:
Also, will these bells stop ringing, they've been going for hours!:twilightangry2:

1323626 It's not that I love bad endings per se, it's just that this one was the best one based on the events leading up to it.

1323622 the final incantation is a big clue about what the names mean

Sweetie Belle gave a grunt of triumph and she pulled the item in question out of her saddlebag. It was a pack of cigarettes. Rarity gave a loud shriek at the item.
"Sweetie Belle!" she said angrily. "Where did you get those!?"
"Pinkie Pie gave them to me," she said.
"Pinkie Pie--"
"Relax sis, they're only candy!" said Sweetie Belle, taking one out and showing it to Rarity. "Gosh sis, do you really think I'd be dumb enough to actually smoke a real one, even if the world is ending?" Rarity was still in shock but she calmed down some.
"No...no I suppose not," she said. Sweetie Belle put the faux-cigarrette in her mouth and passed the pack around. Everypony took one and soon the whole clubhouse was having one last smoke.

I loved this story. You must have gotten the last sentence from the Cabin in the Woods. 5/5 from me. :ajsmug:

1324961 Sweet, I was hoping that someone would pick up on that. Thank you very much for reading!

1323260
One of my best friends also just broke hos collarbone. Yeah... I could tell he was in a lot of pain this weekend. =/

Good story so far! Now, how will they get themselves out of this mess? lol

Do a universal reset like in Excel Saga?

1327329
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! x_x

1327346 Where else would it go? Everybody is either dead or encased in stone!

Now I'm sad. :(

Cabin in the Woods. That's the movie I was reminded of. Thanks, fellow commenter. The name's mean something, but, like another commenter, I don't feel up to figuring out what. Feel better, oh writer. Breaking bones hurts, I know, i've been there.

1337317 Okay, so that means that the question you should ask yourself is this: does that make what Discord did more or less disturbing?

1327463 i made an alternate ending in my head that could actuly happen and would explane where the books came from in the first place (plus would have an epic battle) couldent help making one up since the whole "everyone died" dosent sit well with me :pinkiesick:

1343153 Huh, I'd like to see that.

1343281 *VERY rough version* Once the three demons come through the portal and suck the powers from the crusaders another demon walks through the rubble of the trees and rocks, he says his name (no idea what it would be since the other three are references :P) and he is the demon of death (I like the grim reaper a lot…) the demons laugh and say “we were wondering when you would arrive brother” death smiles and says “I would never be late to a reunion” (or something else cheesy like that) the crusaders and element wielders ask what’s with the awkward talking so death replies “I’m here to kill my brothers once and for all and to save this world from my old master” goes into talking about how hundreds of thousands of years ago there master used all his strength to open a hole to this dimension and sent his 4 demons to destroy the world while he regains his power. (fuck commas) After the ponies have thought a long hard war with the god like ponies and there army of the dead they were losing bla bla bla, so two alicorns the king and queen plan to ambush and kill one of the demons as he marches towards one of the last pony strongholds, gets ambushed by them both and ultimately without his master keeping him powered he falls to them, his master sees his minions failure and cuts his hold on him and basically planning on taking his life to feed himself bla bla bla, he fails to kill him off completely and after awaking he finds he has free will and not just his masters, he joins the alicorns and after the alicorns most powerful unicorns give nearly all their power to him he goes after his 3 brothers and not knowing he is still alive defeats 2 of them with the alicorns help but when he faces the last demon Yaeblamich who using his full strength still loses but not after killing both the alicorns in the process, so death throws each back into the depths of tarturas and seals it but not after (using the last of his strength) his old master created many magical books made to help him reopen the tear if anyone was foulish enough to open them and scattered them across Equestria. (a lot of words not enough commas or full stops -_-) Then we get back to now where the three demons laugh at him saying how he could possibly stand up to them when his power is only a fraction of theirs, death smiles and says “I have been watching this fight from the very start, I saw every fight and if you remember each of the enemies these three defeated where never killed only trapped” he watched as realisation set into their eyes as they stood ready to fight and death finally says “and for every enemy you defeated, I gained one” from the forest two figures appeared, both Celestia and Luna emerged from the darkness followed but Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie with the elements hovering ahead of them. The two princess’s stood to deaths left while the element wielders received hugs from there happy friends before Twilight gave each pony their respective element, finally Discord (in a funny way) made his entrance taking up on deaths right side and said “I was only holding back before because of the fouls but now I can use all the power I want” a wicked grin on his face. (EPIC BATTLE TIME WHERE THEY BARLY WIN (I’m very bad at making battles :P)) finally they win and that’s how Equestria was saved :D

1343745 the only problem i would see in stuff that wouldn’t make sense is no one remembers that past apocalypse ever happened.....

1343745 I see then. Well, if you ever want to write it out in full, you have my permission to do so.

1343779 I might give it a try, only challenge would be the comedy :twilightblush: mines amature at best but ill keep the thought in mind thanks. :scootangel:

HAAAHHHHH! SO ENRAGED!:pinkiesick:

1343779 the first chapter is up, i hope you all like it and i expecially hope you like it since your the mind behind the orignal :D http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56050/Cutie-Mark-Crusaders-Stop-The-Apocalypse i hope links work :P

Awwww I can't help but feel dissapointed that evil won, I've never read a pony story in which that happened before :raritydespair:

But however, I've had a great time reading this, good job! :pinkiehappy:

FOR ONCE! FOR FUCKING ONCE, THE FORCES OF EVIL HAVE TRIUMPHED! HAIL SITHIS! PRAISE TO SATAN! GLORY TO THE UNHOLY ONES! AND OTHER SUCH DARK WORSHIP! [/capslock]
This fanfic... is glorious.
dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8055-Beautiful.gif

Really, Really well made story.
Bravo! :pinkiehappy:

I'VE BEEN TRACKING THIS FOR MONTHS.... why can't I read it?!

1850564 Huh? The story is complete and it should all be there.

1850572 Lolno, you misunderstand... I mean, I just can't bring myself to read it. Something about dark stories, that just pushes me away... maybe it was that one time I cried?

1850602 It's actually 70% humor and it's pretty silly at some points.

I loved this story, every hero and villain is in there trying to stop the apocalypse. I thought the ending with them sitting together was beautiful, a happy ending to the tragedy. The humor throughout was pretty entertaining too, turning an otherwise depressing tale of the apocalypse into something entertaining.

The one thing that seemed insurmountable was this: how do you convince a pony mind controlled by the book to destroy it? If you ask me, the ancients ones planned well.

For a sequel, the CMC could bring the apocalypse to heaven! They never did get their cutie marks.

I was actually extremely satisfied with the ending.

This needs a sequel. I do not care how you make it. It just needs one. With TD. Just make it happen.

Could you write up a silly ending where good wins but in some ridiculous way?

2327950 This is one of my stories from yesteryear, far before I considered myself even half good. I'll probably re-visit this story someday and make it unrecognizable from the version that you jut read to be honest. I'm sorry if my jokes fell flat.

I can't believe you went there! :pinkiegasp: This read like a true horror movie. I guess that's good? :rainbowlaugh:

um... Cabin in the woods?:derpyderp1:

Login or register to comment