• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 7,327 Views, 260 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders Bring About the Apocalypse - BronyWriter



The CMC find a strange book in Twilight's house...

  • ...
31
 260
 7,327

Replacing the Axe

Twilight Sparkle stared straight forward at...herself? No, there was no way that she could be looking at herself! However, Discord had gotten a spell (or whatever it was that he did) off before Twilight teleported the six of them out of there. Still, how could she be looking at herself? How could herself be looking at her with the same level of confusion?

"What did he do to us!?" said Twilight. Good, it was still her voice.

"I...I think he switched our bodies around!" said herself in...Rarity's voice? Twilight's jaw hit the floor, only it wasn't her jaw anymore: it was Pinkie Pie's. She looked down at her body and let out a yelp. Sure enough, her body was bright pink and her mane and tail were bright and bouncy.

"This can't be happening!" said Twilight.

"But it is," said Applejack's voice coming out of Fluttershy's body. "I think Discord changed our bodies around!"

"No duh!" said Rainbow Dash's voice coming out of Applejack's body.

"Woo hoo! I've always wanted to be Rainbow Dash!" said Pinkie Pie's voice coming out of Rainbow's body which was happily bouncing up and down.

"Oh dear," said Fluttershy's voice coming out of Rarity's body.

"What do we do now!?" asked Twi...Pie...TwiPie? PinkieDash screeched to a halt in midair.

"Is this some bizarre form of shipping?" she asked angrily.

No there will be no shipping involved ever, but what else were they going to be called? PinkieDash shrugged.

"Makes sense to me," she said.

"Okay, PinkieDash's weirdness aside," said AppleShy. "We need to find the Elements of Harmony; they're the only thing that can stop this!"

"But where would they have sent them!?" asked RariLight. "They could be anywhere across Equestria!"

"Well," said RainbowJack thoughtfully. "If the Crusaders are the ones that banished them, do you think that they banished them somewhere familiar to them?"

"What do you mean?" asked FlutteRity.

"Well, RariLight (gosh, it sounds so dumb when you say it out loud doesn't it?) said that they could be anywhere across Equestria, but to transport something somewhere, you have to have a good mental picture of the image, right?"

TwiPie nodded.

"Yeah, otherwise the teleportation just flat out doesn't work!"

"Exactly," said RainbowJack. "So, we know the girls haven't really every been outside Ponyville before, right?"

"Except for the weddin'," said AppleShy.

"Right, but they weren't here long enough to get a good mental picture of anything here and I doubt that they would send them someplace where we could collect them in a few minutes which leaves..."

"Ponyville," said RariLight.

TwiPie's eyes widened.

"Of course, I'll bet the Elements are in their clubhouse! It's the only place that I can think of that the three of them could visualize well enough to teleport the Elements to!"

"Do you think the librarian's there too?" asked FlutteRity nervously.

"There's no time for silly questions!" said TwiPie. "We have to go get the Elements!" The other four whooped their approval and they began to rush towards the Canterlot train depot.

However, they were stopped when they saw the most unusual sight in front of them: Discord, Nightmare Moon, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were running towards the Canterlot Statue Garden with looks of pure elation on their faces. Discord was holding the Celestia statue over his head like a surfboard and giggling like a maniac while the other four ran behind him.

"I suggest we put that vile alicorn right where your statue once stood!" said Nightmare Moon.

"Too stereotypical," said Discord. "She needs a new, special spot to occupy.

"Face first in the Canterlot Pool?" suggested Sweetie Belle. "On the off chance that she turns back to Celestia, she would wake up underwater!" Discord and Nightmare Moon cheered at this suggestion and they all ran towards the Canterlot pool.

"Remember the deal, after the first ten years I get to send her statue to the moon!" said Nightmare Moon.

"Yes, yes, we get it," said Apple Bloom. "You want her sent to the moon; you don't need to say it eighteen times."

"Oh no," mumbled TwiPie to herself. "They're going to...uh...well, you heard."

"What can we do without the Elements?" asked AppleShy.

"I don't know, and frankly we can't do anything without them so we just have to get the Elements then come back to Canterlot to free Celestia, Luna, and the Crusaders before trapping Discord."

"Are you sure we have that much power in us?" asked RainbowJack.

"We have to try," said RariLight. "We have to take baby steps."

"Uh, RainbowJack," said PinkieDash. "Why did you break a Pinkie Promise!?" RainbowJack looked at PinkieDash confusedly.

"I don't recall breaking a Pinkie Promise!" she said.

"You did," said PinkieDash. "You Pinkie Promised that you would help Twilight move clouds over her library but you went and took a nap instead!" TwiPie's eyes widened as she remembered the incident.

"That's right, you did do that!" said TwiPie. "I wondered where you were."

"Look guys, I think I would recall breaking a Pinkie Promise!" said RainbowJack.

"But you did!" said PinkieDash. "I'm remembering it right now as if it was my own memory!"

"But how is that possible?" asked AppleShy. "We only switched bodies!"

"It's possible because I made it so," said a malicious voice behind them. The six wheeled around to see Discord reclining on a bush with the other four around him.

"What do you mean?" asked TwiPie nervously. Discord grinned and sat up.

"I made it so that your memories begin to switch as well as your bodies. Slowly but surely your minds will switch to the same body!"

"So...I have my memories right now, but Pinkie's body," said TwiPie. "But eventually my mind will take on Pinkie Pie's identity?" Discord grinned and nodded.

"But won't that mean that everything is back to normal? We'll still be around with no significant changes!" Discord stood up and leaned his elbow against Nightmare Moon.

"A man named Jason who calls himself David once posted a variation of this riddle in a book he wrote with a tragic ending:

A man buys an axe from a hardware store and on the way home; he is attacked by a giant spider as large as a man. Naturally, he takes his axe and uses it to chop off the spider's head. However, in the effort the handle shatters so he goes back to the hardware store and buys a new handle for the axe. However, on his way back home, is attacked once more by an insect as large as a man, only this time it is a gigantic wasp. Once more, he chops the wasp's head off with the axe but he finds out that in the process, he made several large dents in the head of the axe. So, he once again goes back to the hardware store where he buys a new axe head. The riddle is this: is the axe he has now the same axe that he purchased that morning?


The same applies to you six. Will you cease to be Twilight Sparkle once Pinkie Pie's memories take over your own or will you still be Twilight Sparkle only 100% Pinkie Pie at the same time?"

TwiPie's mouth opened to respond, but she immediately closed it. Discord grinned at them. "It's something to think about, isn't it?"

TwiPie shook her head to clear it.

"Enough of this! We're going to find the Elements of Harmony right now!"

"Good," said Apple Bloom happily. "'Cause we're goin' to go to the spot where the book wants us to go to officially summon the armies of the undead. Once they take over, the true evil spirits behind all of this will take over completely and we will rule the word!"

"Seriously though, I call Rainbow Dash!" said Scootaloo.

"What does that even mean!?" asked RainbowJack.

"Well, the evil voices in my head are telling me that we each get to keep one pony to spare from the wrath of the ancient ones and I want you to know that I'm choosing you!" said Scootaloo happily. RainbowJack's jaw hung open as she formulated an answer.

"Uh...Yeah, I got nothing," she said.

"Uh girls," said FlutteRity nervously. "Maybe we'd better go get the Elements now!"

"Yes, go!" said Sweetie Belle with a wave. "We'll give you a five minute head start and then we'll see you later!"

TwiPie was in too much shock over everything that had happened to even argue the five minute head start. She turned tail and ran towards the train station, followed closely by her friends.

As she ran, one of Pinkie Pie's memories shoved its way into her head. She immediately screeched to a halt and looked at PinkieDash with a bewildered look on her face.

"What?" asked PinkieDash.

"So THAT'S the reason for your Pinkie Sense, why didn't you tell me!?" PinkieDash looked at her confusedly.

"What is?" she asked. TwiPie opened her mouth to speak, but she remembered that because she now had the memory, PinkieDash didn't. She shook her head and began running again. As she ran, she smiled to herself and shook her head.

"It all makes so much sense now!" she mumbled to herself.