• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 7,327 Views, 260 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders Bring About the Apocalypse - BronyWriter



The CMC find a strange book in Twilight's house...

  • ...
31
 260
 7,327

Awake

"What are you three doin' here!?" asked Applejack.

"We're here to get the book, duh!" said Sweetie Belle.

"It's nice to see that your intelligence level hasn't changed, even if your bodies have," said Scootaloo. The six friends looked at each other confusedly.

"Uh...huh?" said Twilight. The Crusaders all looked at each other before wide grins split their faces.

"Oh don't tell me that they don't know!" said Apple Bloom.

"I don't think they do, I think Discord removed that memory entirely!" said Sweetie Belle.

"What memory?" asked Rarity. Scootaloo shrugged.

"I guess you'll never find out," she said. "Tragic." The other two nodded in agreement.

"Speaking of that," said Pinkie Pie. "Where is Discord?" Apple Bloom groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Those two," she said irritatedly. "They tried to stop us from awakenin' the ancient ones!"

"They turned on you?" said Rarity with interest.

"Darn right they did," said Scootaloo. "We actually had to get in a big battle with them for the book!"

"We won of course," said Apple Bloom smugly.

"Then we turned Discord back into stone and sent Nightmare Moon back to the moon!" said Sweetie Belle.

"YOU DID WHAT!?" said Twilight.

"You heard us," said Apple Bloom. The six friends looked at each other worriedly. If even the combined powers of Nightmare Moon and Discord couldn't stop them...

"So, now that we've gotten that out of the way, hand over the book!" said Scootaloo menacingly.

"NO!" said Rainbow Dash angrily as she flew up into the air, cradling the book in her hooves. "I won't let you get the book!"

"Come on Dashie," said Scootaloo. "I already said that I choose you to survive the horrors that are to come by my side! You won't have to die!"

"And I want to choose my big sister Rarity!" said Sweetie Belle.

"I'm choosin' AJ, of course," said Apple Bloom.

"Enough of this 'choosin'' nonsense!" said Applejack. "You three need to undo what you've done, right now!"

"Or what?" said Apple Bloom. "You ain't holdin' any cards here sis, we are!"

"There is literally nothing you can do to stop us," said Scootaloo. "We've grown far to powerful for that.

"What happened to your plan to let us save the world after you got your cutie marks!?" said Applejack desperately. "Don't you want that to be the way it goes anymore!?"

"Of course not," said Apple Bloom.

"If we did we would have destroyed the book a long time ago!" said Scootaloo.

"We still haven't gotten the powers that the book promised us!" said Sweetie Belle. "This is a but a taste of what is to come!"

"Girls, you don't want the world to end! You don't want everything you know and love to be destroyed!" pleaded Twilight.

"Why not?" asked Scootaloo. "Why settle for less when you can have more?"

"Why settle for more when you can have it ALL!?" said Apple Bloom. Twilight looked sadly at her friends and they all exchanged nods.

"So be it," whispered. as a single tear ran down her face. She fired up her horn and the Elements of Harmony immediately flew towards the corresponding pony. Her horn flared brighter as the Elements began to power up.

"We're sorry that it has to be this way," she said. The Crusaders looked at each other and exchanged nods of their own.

"So are we," said Apple Bloom. Instantly the Crusaders fired up their horns and bright red beams shot out of them. The beams from their horns connected and shot straight at Twilight. The lavender unicorn only had time for one quick yelp before the beam encased her. Instantly the Elements powered down and Twilight began to glow red.

"Apple Bloom, what have you done!?" said Applejack hysterically.

"What we had to," said Apple Bloom. The red glow around Twilight began to brighten and soon she was merely a bright red light. Rarity instantly fired up her horn and shot a red beam of light towards Sweetie Belle who casually blocked it with her wing.

"Don't bother sis," she said. "Just don't even bother." At that moment, the Crusaders powered down their horns and the red light around Twilight faded away. The remaining five ponies gasped and the Crusaders looked at their work with grim satisfaction.

"You turned her to stone!" said Rarity. "How could you!?"

"It was that or risk being hit with the Elements again," said Sweetie Belle. "And trust me when I say that I don't ever want to be hit with the Elements again.

The five ponies looked on in horror at their petrified friend, a look of horror etched on her face forever. Even her Element had been turned into stone.

"Oh no," whispered Fluttershy.

"Unfortunately, we're not quite done yet," said Scootaloo. The eyes of the other five widened and they tried to run but it was too late. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom fired red beams at Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie while Sweetie Belle quickly fired freezing spells at Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. However, the freezing spells only served to freeze them to the spot; they were still awake and fully alert.

"NO!" said Applejack, trying to struggle out of the spell.

"Stop this at once!" said Rarity. "Stop this or I'll hate you forever!" Sweetie Belle turned and angrily faced Rarity.

"No you won't," she said. "You never will." Rarity screamed in terror when she saw that Sweetie belle's eyes were now completely blood red and some of the red seemed to be dripping from her eyes.

"Sweetie Belle, your eyes!" she screamed.

"They're fine," said Sweetie Belle. "I'd worry more about your friends."

"Or your new statue collection," said Apple Bloom. Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity all looked over at their friends and sure enough, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were both statues as well. They had the same looks of horror on their faces that Twilight had.

"No," whispered Applejack. Sweetie Belle wordlessly took the Elements off of the necks of the remaining three wielders and placed them at the feet of the statues.

"Come," said Apple Bloom. "It is time for our appointment with the ancient ones."