• Published 1st May 2020
  • 852 Views, 44 Comments

Tournament of Duelling Fun! - Garfield23



Lord Zeno is bored till someone introduces them to Yugioh cards, its a disaster waiting to happen and one all 12 universes will pay for. And tucked away in the sixth will draw in Canterlot High into a conflict of truly cosmic Levels

  • ...
4
 44
 852

Chapter 14 - Imperfect Pace

“I guess you two could never work together, a true pity but this duel has been a farce” Gray said as he turned away from Sakura and Sasuke “I hope defeat serves as a lesson…but also don’t mess with Fairy Tail! Blizzard Warrior! Attack Sasuke directly!” Gray said as his warrior moved in and cut Sasuke’s lifepoints to zero “Oh and Blizzard Princess, Attack Sakura’s monster and end this!” Blizzard princess moved in and blasted Sakura's Masked Knight LV3 with a harsh blast of cold air “Yes!”

“We did it, Gray!” Juvia said as she put her cards away.

“We did” Gray said as he added “And since your lifepoints are higher….you get to decide what their penalty shall be for losing”

Juvia said “I think defeat for them is enough” Gray nodded as Juvia turned back to their team “Besides now we’re the only team completely undefeated…we’ve done Fairy Tail proud” Gray smiled as he followed Juvia away to the Universe 3 team.

The Grand Minister dropped down with a smile on his face “After quite an intense duel, we have our winners but now it's time for the next duel. Red team first” the red lights shot into the air and hovered round, it took a long moment before the first dropped on Universe 7 and the other went to Universe 8 “Twilight Sparkle of Universe 7 and Sanji of Universe 8 are selected!”

Sanji approached Twilight with a smile as he admired her beauty “Nice to meet you!” Twilight said and offered him a polite handshake “I hope we can make a good team?” Sanji nodded as the blue lights shot up “Now we…no way!” one of the blue lights went straight to Universe 7 “No….way”

Android 18 looked at Twilight and said “Sorry, Twilight but I’ll be giving it my all” Twilight nodded as Sanji’s eyes narrowed “Now who’s my partner?”

The second blue light took a while but finally fell on Universe 11 “Android 18 from Universe 7 and Tenya Iida of Universe 11 are selected” Tenya approached the other three with a friendly smile “Would both teams meet in the centre for this duel!”

“Should be in our favour” Krillin said as he looked at Android 18 hoping for the best “It’d be logical for 18 to go after Tenya and Sanji but I’m not sure”

Sunset nodded as she whispered “I know Twilight will be hoping for that”

“Don’t get me wrong I hope for the same but 18 is probably the least predictable person I've ever met” Tien said as he sat looking at his hands “No matter how this turns out we have to respect the result”

Beerus yelled “You make it sound like there isn’t anything at stake! We need both to advance!”

“Calm yourself my lord. I know both will give it their all” Whis said as he added “Besides they’ll play by the rules. So sadly we may only see one go through”

Beerus yelled "Between you and three eyes I don't know who is more unhelpful, Whis! For goodness sake! Someone had better get me a pizza or I'll blow up their planet tomorrow!" Beerus wasn't being serious, more or less shouting to vent his frustrations.

Twilight checked her deck “With these cards….I know I won’t lose. I’ll duel in the name of Equestria!” she said as she placed her forehead against the deck “And in the name of my friends…don’t worry Fluttershy I’ll save you….It’s time to duel!” she yelled as she loaded her deck.

18 looked down “I’m sorry Twilight but this is the end of the road for you” she whispered as she activated her duel disc.

Sanji took the first turn “To start my turn I’ll activate pot of greed! This allows me to draw two cards from my deck! And next I’ll play one card face down and one monster in face down defence. With that my turn is over”

Tenya drew “Hmm I play the field spell, A legendary Ocean!” the field filled with water as Tenya smiled as his field appeared “Next I play The legendary Fisherman! To end my turn I set one card face down!” as he took his turn a man riding a killer whale jumped out of the water before diving deep below the surface, the monster wasn't visible even to the Grand Minister hovering above and Tenya knew he had the edge “My trump cards should give me an advantage”

Twilight took her turn “Alright! I play the field spell Equestria Zone! This spell allows me to add one M.L.P monster once per turn so long as it’s level 4 or below! So I add M.L.P Scootaloo to my hand! And then summon her in attack mode!” the little Pegasus appeared on the field her attack points coming in at 800 “Now I play Pony up! This allows me to tribute my monster for M.L.P Rainbow Dash!” the blue Pegasus appeared her attack points set at 2200 “Now I set one and end” she looked over to Fluttershy and whispered “With this deck I can’t lose”

Android 18 saw the look and whispered “If only that were true” she drew a card “I play a ritual spell! Fortress Whale Oath! By offering two monsters in my hand I can ritual Summon Fortress Whale!” the whale appeared from the deep as Twilight looked up in shock “forgive me Twilight but you’re going to lose! And my ritual deck will grand me victory! To end my turn I play one card face down”

Sanji lit his cigarette as he said “Just a pity I’m here. I draw…now I play Monster reborn to revive one of the monsters you used to summon that whale! Ah this one will do Silver fang! Next I tribute both monsters to summon my Dark Magician in attack mode! I next equip the spell Sword of deep seated!” the magician appeared as his staff was topped with the dark blade of the equip spell “Now Dark Magician Dark Magic attack!” the dark Magician surged forward and blasted the Fortress Whale which caused 18’s lifepoints to drop down to 3550 “With that I’ll end my turn” Tenya began to laugh “What’s so funny!?” Sanji asked alarmed.

“Sorry to say, you should have attack me….It would have spared you this move” Tenya said as he drew first I play double summon! This lets me normal summon twice! Next I play two Orca Mega-fortress of Darkness….with my field spell reducing their level to Level 4 I now…I’m sorry Twilight, your cause is a noble one but I have to save Jiro and in order to do that you must lose! I overlay two of my monsters!”

“He’s doing what!?” Jack snapped in shock “You can’t do that…”

“He’s doing it!” Chazz said in shock as one of the Mega-fortresses disappeared and the legendary fisherman disappeared into a vortex “Overlaying to summon what?!”

“To summon Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark!” Tenya said sadly as the massive monster appeared roaring onto the field “Forgive me….Orca attack Rainbow Dash!” the whale leapt from the sea “And as it attacks I remove a unit from my Spider Shark! Your monsters lose 1000 attack points!”

“They what!? Rainbow!” Twilight screamed as her points dropped from the attack, Rainbow dragged into the water and she fell to her knees in pain as her points dropped to a mere 2400 “This can’t be!”

“I’m sorry Twilight but this is where it ends” Tenya said as he yelled “Spider Shark finish her!” the monster surged forward and Twilight activated her trap “Sorry Twilight I activated Dark Bribe! Your trap fails but you get to draw one…” Twilight sadly drew as her lifepoints fell to zero “I’m sorry”

Twilight looked over to Fluttershy who returned her gaze “I’m sorry….I couldn’t save you…I failed…”

Sanji snapped “Why didn’t you target me! My dark magician was more of a threat than her monster was!” he shook with rage “You scumbag! You could have taken me out instead!”

“She was going next…it was the sensible choice” 18 said looking at Twilight sadly “It’s sad but it had to be done….she isn’t strong enough”

“ISN’T Strong enough! Does she know who she’s talking about!?” Sunset Shimmer snapped from the sidelines “Twilight is the strongest pony I know! You were supposed to be her team mate! You could have helped her!”

18 didn’t acknowledge Sunset’s angry outburst as she drew a card to start her turn “It’s over Sanji…this turn will end it, first I play Premature Burial to revive Fortress Whale, next I equip twin swords of flashing light tryce to Fortress Whale and then I play Panther Warrior in attack mode!”

Sanji looked down at his trap “My only hope….”

“I activate Harpies Feather duster to destroy all your magic and trap card” 18 finished as the sword, trap and field spell on Sanji’s side disappeared and his dark magician was left wide open “Fortress whale Attack!” Tenya activated his Spider Shark’s effect so Dark Magician’s attack became 1500 and Fortress Whale Blasted it dropping Sanji’s points to 3450 and then another attack dropped them to 1400 “Panther Warrior end this! Use Fortress Whale and attack!”

“The duel is over” The Grand Minister declared.

“Man that was fast...” Jaden Yuki said as he sighed “So what’s a….whatever that shark dragon thingy was?” Chazz frowned “What?”

“Don’t you get it?! It must have been an illegal card! No way you can…overlay monsters!” Chazz snapped

“Not true…they’re known as XYZ monsters, they’re from another time line. I didn’t think any other universe would have them so we….didn’t recruit anyone who knows how to use them” Kusu admitted as she sighed “The game in other times lines from our Universe has advanced in several ways…we just thought well….Synchro monsters would be enough…we didn’t think there’d be teams with even Synchro Monsters”

“So that’s it…but how many of the others could have access to XYZ monsters?” Jack asked.

“I don’t know” Kusu admitted “But there’s two other monster types to fear….Pendulum and Link summoning…if any other universe has those…it could make the tournament very difficult” her gaze moved over to Universe 12.

Tenya smiled since he was the winner with the highest light points, he knew he could enforce any punishment to the losers, he couldn’t deny part of him wanted to recruit Sanji and Twilight for intel but his eyes looked over at Twilight who walked over to the Universe 7 area and slumped down her eyes downcast as she shook in place. Tenya knew the look as he sighed “Good game” he said to Sanji shaking his hand but turned to leave shaking his head at the grand minister “I don’t need anything from them”

Sanji noticed Twilight’s look and walked over “Uhh Miss Sparkle are you okay?”

Sunset however got in the way, guiding Sanji out of earshot and said “Forgive her, she’s just a very…motivated pon…I mean person and…” she tilted her head towards Fluttershy and Sanji nodded “I know she’ll thank you later but for now she needs her space”

Sanji nodded “I know my crew and I felt very saddened by your team’s loss earlier but what’s the story with those two?” Sunset shook her head but smiled “I hope you’ll come by later…because you two are very beaut….” He heard a cough behind him and turned to see Nami “Nami! My sweet flower!” Sanji was back to his lovey dovey state as Nami groaned.

“Sorry but Luffy wants to talk to Sanji” Nami said to Sunset who nodded as the two walked back to their team’s bench.

The Grand Minister coughed as the team’s looked up “It’s time for the next duel! Now to select the red tea…” suddenly there was a loud yell from the Universe 10 team “Huh? Mr Atlas?”

“I’m through waiting! I want to be up next!” Jack snapped as there was an audible gasp from those gathered but Jack wasn’t finished “I also want it to be a Turbo duel and against at least one from Universe 12!”

The Grand Minister frowned but suddenly the Zenos cheered “Yay! Yes turbo duel! We want to see that but there will be one condition….” The first zeno said

“You must be paired with the weakest duelist in the tournament including all reserve Duellists and as we understand it Universe 7 has recruited a duelist who has just started learning” The second zeno “We want him!”

Sunset’s colour left her face as she said “But Soma has only had like two hours to learn!? How is that fair on him!?”

Jack said “That’s fine! So long as at least one of Universe 12 faces me!” he glared over at Gilgamesh who’s smirk was massive and Jack snarled “Try smirking when I beat your….”

“Rider also known as Iskander, will be your opponent” Gilgamesh said calmly as a big man stood up behind him and Jack looked up at him as Iskander approached “Problem?”

“Iskander?! Isn’t that another name for….” Gohan began

“Alexander the Great!” Ami said in alarm “If he’s anything like the other Universe 12 team…he’ll have one card that’ll sweep Mr Atlas to one side!”

Rider looked down at Jack who glared up with a fire in his eyes “So you’re the Master of faster?” Iskander asked as he began to laugh “I hoped for a strong opponent but I never thought I’d get one with such a title of worth! As many suspect I have an ace card like my comrades. May I introduce you to my Dragon!” he put the card he’d drawn onto the duel disc “May I present! The Syncrho Monster Zeus the thunder god Dragon!” the massive beast emerged with the sound of thunder filling the air “As I understand it…your favourite card is also a dragon?”

Jack snarled “When this duel starts you’ll see my best!”

Soma suddenly walked up looking calm as he approached and Rider noticed him “Hmm you’re just a traitor…not worth a single thing” Rider said as Soma then smiled “A smile? I hope that isn’t a smile hoping for mercy for you shall receive none”

Soma simply said “So who’ll be your partner?”

A blue light shot out from the Grand minister’s hand and headed over to Universe 1 “Megara of Universe 1 is selected as Iskander’s partner!” Meg walked out looking annoyed up at the Grand Minister “Is everything okay Miss Megara?”

“Just call me Meg” She said as she looked over at the three but then Soma offered to shake her hand “Oh hi! Name’s Meg”

“Yeah I caught that, name’s Soma! Let’s have a good game!” Soma then asked “Uh but do you have any idea how you and I are going to be turbo duelling?” Meg shook her head.

King Micky ran up “Luckily for Meg she has someone willing to be her duel runner” he whistled to the benches where stood Hercules and Pegasus “We’ve given Pegasus a chariot to pull and it’s been equipped with a duel disc needed for turbo duelling”

Soma sighed “And I’m guessing a side carriage for me?” Jack shook his head “Huh?”

“This duel is about avenging my friend! And his duel runner is here! So you can borrow it but just remember don’t get in my way…Rider is mine!” Jack said as Soma turned his attention to Meg and shrugged “Now where are we going to duel?”

The Grand Minister nodded as he said “We have a special field prepared for you to use! Each Universe has had a speciality Duelling field prepared! Now we roll a 12 sided dice to decide which Universe will be chosen!” he rolled the dice and it landed on 7 “Ponyville field selected! This duelling field has a town in the centre of it, hit any pony or creature and you’ll be docked 500 lifepoints!”

The angels of each universe transported all duellists and vehicles to Ponyville where Spike stood waiting “Hmm? Oh hello everyone! I’m Spike! I’ve instructed all the ponies in town to remain in town and several ponies will assisting in the duel’s management”

Soma looked at Spike with Interest “Oh thank you! By the way are you a dragon!? What do you eat!? Ooo I bet cooking for you would be amazing?!” Soma asked eagerly “Sorry but an unusual customer is an interesting prospect!”

“Soma! You’ll have time after the duel” Jack said as he looked at the dirt track “Tell me Spike who prepared the track?”

Rider nodded “I quite agree! It’s time to put the Master of faster and the traitor in their place!” the four got onto their vehicles, Rider was riding his chariot pulled by 2 bulls a duel disc attached to the chariot’s front “Now we’re ready to begin!” the engines of the duel runners roared, a Pegasus began pulling the chariot next to Rider’s chariot “I’ll start! I summon my Spell Reactor RE! Before setting one card face down!”

Back in the Null Realm the duel was being shown to all by a large projection in the centre “Ponyville” Rainbow Dash said as she looked at Twilight still in shock over her defeat “This should prove interesting….Jack and Soma are….” Suddenly a rainbow maned Pegasus was shown flying over the duelling area “Looks like my other self is having a good day”

“I suspect to get the field ready Twilight’s friends were consulted” Sunset said but her tone wasn’t that happy sounding as she watched Soma begin his turn “Soma is still woefully unready! His best strength is that deck from his school and….”

“He’s not using that deck” Kaiba said as he walked up “We build him a new deck from cards his friends helped choose…turns out his Girlfrie….”

“Finish that sentence and I’ll serve your guts to you on a plate!” Erina said as she too walked up “We picked Soma a pretty safe deck but it’s still a bad time for Soma” suddenly Soma had to swerve to avoid pony Pinkie Pie “Is he driving that duel runner without the auto pilot?!”

“I think he is…” Megumi said looking sick as Sunset, Kaiba and Rainbow looked shocked but the two Chefs just shrugged “That is a Soma thing”

Soma’s swerve had counted and he’d been docked 500 points “Uh ouch! Okay my move! I play I guess this spell!” but the duel runner blared a warning at him “Oh right…I don’t have enough speed counters” he sighed “Well then I play my monster Maximal Cheetor in attack mode!” a cheetah appeared running alongside Soma before transforming into a robot and it’s attack points registering in at 1650 “I next set two cards face down!”

Meg drew a card to start her turn the speed counters increasing to 2 and she smiled “I play Amazoness Swords Woman in attack mode!” she then set one card face down “And with that I’ll end my turn!”

Jack drew a card to begin his turn, speed counters all going up to 3 and Jack said “Now it’s time to kick this turbo duel into overdrive! Since you all control Monster and I don’t! I can special summon my Vice Dragon!” the dragon roared as it appeared “Now I play….” He paused as he thought through his move, he had a couple cards he’d borrowed from Yuesi “I play Strong Wind Dragon! And set one to end my turn!”

Rider smiled “You think a strong dragon will win you this duel? You’re delusion is quite amusing” he drew a card and the speed counters went up but Rider said “I play the speed spell, Summon Speeder! SO now I can special summon my tuner Dragon Magma and now I normal summon my Trap Reactor Y FI! Now it’s time for a Synchro summon! I synchro summon the level 10, Zeus the thunder god Dragon” the huge dragon emerged again this time it’s attack points registered in at 3900 and Rider added “It’s special effect means it can attack twice in a round and the controller of the attacked monster cannot activate traps or spells to prevent the attack!”

Jack’s eyes widened “But that means my strong wind dragon will be destroyed!”

“Also when Zeus attacks another dragon type monster it gains 300 times the level of the monster!” Rider said “I guess you were never a serious threat to us! Zeus attack!” the thunder dragon reared up and targeted Strong Wind dragon but as it send lighting crackling down on Strong wind dragon a force field appeared “What the?!”

“He can’t activate traps but I can!” Soma said as he added “So long as I control a Maximal Monster the trap Sentinel System rises up to protect both my monsters and my partner’s monsters once per turn!” he drove up to Jack “Still want me to stay out of your way?”

Jack smiled “You shouldn’t have…but I’m glad you did” the two bumped fist but then Soma wobbled “You need to engage that thing’s auto pilot” he reached over and pushed a button activating the auto pilot “I still can’t understand how you managed to get that thing into manual…normally….you turned it off!?”

“Yeah I thought it’d be better if I had control” Soma admitted “and then I couldn’t work out how to activate it…crazy huh?”

“That’s one word for it” Jack admitted

Meanwhile when Megumi and Erina heard Soma they groaned loudly and Krillin laughed “Sounds a bit like something Goku would do” the other z fighters nodded as they smiled watching Soma circle round a corner “Look he’s taking his turn!”

“My move! And now I can play the Speed Spell, Speed Fusion! By combining the Maximal Ratrap I have in my hand and Maximal Cheetor I can summon Pretacon Rampage!” as he said it a robotic crab appeared on the field before transforming into a robot “Rampage has a special ability twice per turn he cannot be destroyed by battle and any monster he battles during those first two times is automatically destroyed!”

“Wait Rampage has an attack of 2400…so if Soma attacks Zeus he could destroy it!” Megumi said but Erina didn’t look sure “What is it?”

“If the facedowns are any traps, Soma will be in deep trouble and on top of that the difference will still be taken out of Soma’s score” Erina said as she shook her head “It’s a terrible idea for Soma to…”

“Rampage attack!” Soma ordered as the robot readied it’s missile launcher weapon and Zeus growled as it’s charged it’s attack “FIRE!” the missile was launched and Zeus fired a blast of electricity at Rampage. All watched with baited breath as the missile struck home and the lightning struck as well. Soma’s life points did drop to 2000 but as the smoke cleared Zeus was still standing “What the!?”

“Sorry kid! But I activated my trap Hades Helm…this allows my monster to be resistant to special effects and instead all I have to do is give up half of Zeus’ attack till your end phase” Rider said but suddenly a fire blast struck Zeus destroying it and dropping Rider’s lifepoints to 2600 “What happened!?”

“Sorry that was me” Meg said as she turned with a scowl “You Universe 12 cheats needed to learn that turnabout is fair play!” she pointed to her trap “One on One fight! This forced our strongest monsters to battle! And since Strong Wind Dragon is on the field and your Zeus is the only face up card we had…well”

“You’ll pay for that!” Rider snarled

Soma coughed “I should have mentioned something about my trap, Sentinel System, it works differently depending on the monster on the field. If it’s a maximal it defends an alley but a Pretacon…allows that Pretacon to attack twice!” Rider’s face looked nervous as Soma declared “Rampage attack Rider directly!”

“Finally an order I like…I’ll enjoy this” Rampage suddenly said as he surged forward and hit Rider as his points dropped to 200.

Meg smiled “My Move?” Soma nodded “I draw!” she looked sadly at the cards in her hand and sighed “There’s not much I can do realistically….other than summon a second Amazoness Swordswoman in attack mode!”

“Clever” Alexis said “She knows she can’t win in battle but if Jack or Soma attack those monsters the damage will be bounced back to their life points” as Chazz nodded “Jack though I’m sure will have an answer to it…he’s looking confident”

“I activated Powerful rebirth! To revive Soma’s Ratrap which is a level 3 so when it revives it becomes a Level 4!” Jack yelled as he watched Meg end her turn “This for you Yuesi! I draw and I play Hyper Synhcron!” the tuner appeared “Hyper Sycnhron give Ratrap a tune up! I sychro Summon my soul, Red Dragon Archfiend! Which thanks to Hyper Sycnhron gains 800 attack points! I next play the speed spell, Sonic Buster! I choose a Monster on my side of the field and dish out half it’s attack points as damage to you, Meg! So I pick Red Dragon Archfiend! Which means you lose 1900 lifepoints!”

Meg groaned “Then it’s over” She looked over to Soma and knew what would happen next it was predictable “Go ahead”

“Fine! Strong Wind Dragon attack Rider directly!” Jack yelled and the dragon roared as it blasted Rider with all it’s power causing Rider’s points to drop to zero and Jack turned to Meg “Red Dragon Archfiend attack Amazoness Swordswoman!” the swordswoman was destroyed but Jack’s points dropped to 2100 “I end my turn, Soma?”

Soma drew a card and said “Sorry Meg I play Pretacon Waspinator in attack mode!” a giant wasp appeared as it’s attack points came in at 1500 “Now Waspinator Attack Swordswoman!” Meg was surprised but both monsters were destroyed she smiled and Soma looked over his shoulder at her “Sorry about this”

Meg shook her head “You’re a quick learner…I’m not sad to lose to you…just end it”

“Rampage Attack!” Soma ordered as the missiles were launched from Rampage and Meg’s points dropped to Zero as the duel runners came to stop, Jack rolled up besides Soma and smiled at him “Something wrong?”

“Plenty but for now I’m happy to know Yuesi’s sacrifice was avenged” Jack said as he removed his helmet “I just wish…I could have duelled him…it’s hard to accept that he…” Jack punched his arm rest “But you did well! Kaiba must be a good teacher”

Soma gave him a comforting smile “He’s a harsh teacher but fair…I still forget certain things. That speed spell blunder will probably get me a telling off” Jack nodded as the two high fived each other “Looks like Rider’s fate is yours to decide?”

Jack nodded as he got off his duel runner but as he did two ponies ran up “Wow that was awesome!” Rainbow Dash said as she touched down and the other pony nodded “Oh hey! Name’s Rainbow Dash” Soma’s eyes widened in confusion but the pony kept going “And this is Scootaloo!”

“It was so cool! Spike said the duel would be good but wow!” Scootaloo cheered

“Uhh thanks” Jack said as he turned his attention to Rider “You lost! I get to decide your fate! I demand your cards! That dragon will be good for helping defeat your friends!” Rider scowled but handed over his cards “As for you Meg…you’re cool”

Meg nodded as they noticed their angels returning “Guess we’re heading back” Meg said as she noticed a weird creature suddenly appear which happened to be Discord but she still found it weirder when he started speaking to a pink pony who smiled at the joke he’d just shared “I suppose just as well because I have way too many questions about this world” the angels took the group back but as they returned Meg did ask “Wait why was that field prepared for a duel?!”

“Oh that’s for round 2 or Round 3” Awamo, the universe 1 angel, said calmly “But I don’t know which. Just relax. You won’t need to worry about it”

However Soma and Jack overheard the comments and both looked uneasy “I suppose that means all 12 universes have been gifted a duelling field”

Jack nodded “And it may very well be that not all fields will be familiar…could you ask Universe 7 for a meeting I think it’d be good for us to meet to discuss upcoming events” Soma nodded as he walked back over to Universe 7.

Author's Note:

It's a good friend of mine's birthday today, who I couldn't give his birthday present to because of current rules and stuff so this chapter is published in honour of his birthday! Happy Birthday!

Anyway all that aside I should probably explain why Twilight lost....because this is a mainly MLP story....I decided it just made sense. I honestly haven't got a strong preference to Protagonists and like to write stories where some of the side characters get time to shine. So sorry.


Also the inclusion of XYZ monsters was always going to happen.


Please comment with your thoughts.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment