• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 2,854 Views, 192 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Kunoichi - RIPoste



Sunset Shimmer took a trip past the Mirror, only to be found by Orochimaru. In a world of war and manipulation, will she ever find her own way again?

  • ...
13
 192
 2,854

Not a Chapter, but please read.

Hello all, Riposte here.

So, as most of you know, i have been on a rather long hiatus for quite awhile, due to stuff written here.

Well, but this message is mostly directed to the readers here, because I would like to know your opinion on something. I have been considering a rewrite for Sunset Shimmer: Kunoichi ( a completely different story direction) if you would, mostly because when I have returned to SSK after a three months long hiatus, i realize that I did not have it in me to write a constant subterfuge, infiltration and spying story, not to mention some of the other reasons stated in this other blog post.

As such, I would like to ask your opinions on this. If you have anything you would like to express yourself on, please head to this blog post and post your comment.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope to have your continued support in this hobby!

Sincerely,
Riposte

Comments ( 23 )

I'll state the same as already said.
Do what you feel right. That leads to the best story to read I think.

I like the story for the part where the main character hides his/her true nature from friends or foes alike.
The "being a spy" was a cool extension to this. But not that important for me to enjoy your story.
So I hope you hold on to this, that no one knows her true origin and how her powers work.

I have no problem with a rewrite.

I think that without the subterfuge then the story will not be as good, is your own story and you decide, we can't force your muse and you should not force your muse... Maybe you should leave this in hiatus and try a re-write and if your muse want to go back to this direction, you can do it.

If you want to do a rewrite then go for it. All I ask is that you put this story on hiatus in case someone wants to reread it or if you decide to keep writing this story at a later date.

Having only read to part way through the Graduation ark; I don't feel a rewrite is necessary to get away from the Spy elements. You have a great set-up for drama between Sunset and the other genin due to her being a spy. Just excelerate it coming out that she's a spy. Narurt would accept her pretty much right away, while also being mad that she didn't trust them to help her, because that is his 'thing', and the others can all have varied responses to the truth coming out. Look to how it was handled under a similar situation in Boruto. I mean, there would always be some level of subterfuge on Sunset's part just because of the Equestria connection and her magic.

There seems to be genuine affection towards her by her adoptive father. Is it real or a ruse? How does their relationship affect events when her true nature is revealed to the village? Same goes for the other Konoha characters. How does Celestia/Friendship factor into the equation.

Now, maybe things have changed between where I am and where the story currently is, but I assumed this was where you were headed anyways. It was just a matter of when the other shoe dropped for Sunset. My guess was the Chunin ark, because that is the most logical point.

Ultimately, do what you feel is right for your story and for you. As someone who did a big rewrite of a story when 60K+ words and many chapter into it; You gain some things, you lose some things.

The most important part is to just keep writing. Take care and I'm keeping an eye on this story. I really like it in its current form, for what that is worth.

Read the full story now, and my opinion is unchanged. I think the set-up is all there if you want to end the spy stuff during the Chunin ark without doing a full rewrite.

You've got a good dynamic going with Sunset, Sasuke, and Naruto, and I like how you've handled Sunset. She is intelligent, but not too intelligent. Skilled, but not overpowered. She's not the best in any category, but strong overall with her ace in the hole with her magic.

But, only you know what is best for you and your story. :twilightsmile:

i think than the story doesn't need a rewrite, in my opinion, she is fine.

Also, is Orochimaru planning to put his seal on Kyoku/Sunset ?

I feel like the story is too good as it is to need to be reboot.

Also, since reboot meant "waiting a lot of time to get to the same point as before" i very much hope than instead of a reboot, you will simply continue with it as it is.

Also, does Orochimaru have plans to give Sunset his cursed seal ?

I think than Sunset using the explanation of her magic being like the Senjutsu could work, kinda like Jugo's one, after all, kekkei genkai being similar yet different is something relatively common in naruto.

I guess that the story is dead?

10861535
apparently, a rewrite is in the projects, but not the close ones.

And i find it sad and frustrating since i don't really feel like it need a rewrite and it would simply meant wait a lot of time for getting back at the current point.

10861703
Well, Unless someone decide to give a patreon to the author, and donate, we can only wait and hope the author someday remember this story

10862379
Yeah, unfortunately.

I had gave the opinion than Sunset new strength could be explain (officially, we know the truth) as a senjutsu ability, like the one of jugo.

The problem also is than the author absolutely refuse to answer when we ask about the state of the story, even when he is there, so logically, he recieve the messages.

What is your opinion on the story, the characters (and their relationships) and the differences of strength among the rookie nine ?

10862412
I for one should re-read the story to give a opinion, and with how the author seems to be doing everything to not say anything, I don't have much hope for the story to continue, so I'm not sure if I should do it.

10862489
I am really bored and you are the only one beside me who recently posted, i crave for a discussion about the story.

I only have two problems with this story, though they are really preferences. First, I personally think Sunset would have said something to Sakura about joining the Medic Corps even if it was just a passing comment. Second, as Celestia's student she would definitely know about Dark Magic and it's affects, wether she cared or not is up for debate, seriously her temper is fierce. Like I said, preferences... Besides those two things I love this story and really hope you continue it soon, provided you still want to that is...

Is there a idea of when/if the story will be updated ?

Is there a idea of when the next chapter or rewrite will be ready ?

Seeing the other story getting updated, I'm hoping you also decide to pick this one up again.

I would really Hope to See this Story getting a comeback

It's been two years, there is no re-write nor there is any new chapter... Any news?

Finished rereading the Story again. I still hope this returns one day.

(reads description)
Kyoku? That's... Japanese for Song.

Login or register to comment