• Published 4th Nov 2019
  • 1,332 Views, 16 Comments

Seasons - Equimorto



The Storm King was defeated, imprisoned, shattered and dispersed. But that won't be enough to stop him from coming back. At least, that's what he thinks. Any day now.

  • ...
0
 16
 1,332

Summer

He did not recall the tall Princess being purple. And he never would have expected her to be the one who would put him back together. But it seemed, in fact, that his servants had truly gone above and beyond with their plan.

She had found him, on the border of that road, after many a passing cart had pushed him there. She had taken him, brought him to the castle, and there showed him just how far the preparations for his return had come.

His body, almost complete already, stood proudly in the gardens. The Princess herself, already, had gathered in her most of the powers of two others, and on top of that had put the fourth in charge of raising a fifth, so his return may see him even more powerful.

All the time, she kept him close, showcasing to him the progress made towards his return. The ponies who had thwarted his plans the first time were aging, and would soon be too old and weak to fight back again. He, instead, would be young still.

All other manners of things she showed him, too. New sources of power he could raid. New worlds he could conquer. New lands to put under his control, new creatures to subjugate. The leaders of the nations he would overtake, and what their relationship to his benefactor were, so that he may exploit them.

All was almost ready. He just needed to wait a bit more, and then the Princess would resurrect him, and give him the throne. She knew what the best time would be, and most likely she was working on a way to deal with that annoying mish-mash of creatures who seemed to be the only one who could truly interfere with his plans. But the day would come eventually, and he just needed to wait.

Just wait.

Comments ( 12 )

This actually makes me feel bad for him.

I think he has gone completely crazy. I wonder how he would react if they dropped the trio next to him and he thought it was odd they would be together?

Such an ego cannot admit when it's truly beaten, nor can it conceive of anything beyond the next conquest after its inevitable revival. It's honestly tragic. When you're a villain for villainy's sake, there's really not much else to you.

Fascinating little piece. No one said the ruler had to win these struggles, after all. Best of luck in the judging.

He's gonna be waitin' a long, loooooooong time...

Aaaaaaaany minute now...

And he's still waiting. Silly Storm King

This was silly. And made me smile.
Silly Storm King.

I'm reminded of Ozymandias a little, though it's from the perspective of that shattered visage.

A really interesting look into the mindset of a villain who has lost, but not lost hope. We don't really see more of the Storm King than an evil for power's sake character, but his voice and demeanor is pretty well done here.

I also think it's fitting Twilight would take the time to gather him eventually. I doubt it's for more than to keep an eye on him, but it shows a good deal of compassion.

It takes an astonishing kind of confidence to remain patiently focused on your goals despite decades of no apparent progress. Optimism like that is a rare gift.
.
.
.
Twilight hasn't managed to find his ears yet has she?

9925489
Or at least until three quarrelling files come by...

What? It worked for Discord.

I can't tell if this should be comedy or tragedy. It's interesting, though.

She knew what the best time would be, and most likely she was working on a way to deal with that annoying mish-mash of creatures who seemed to be the only one who could truly interfere with his plans.

I'm assuming that's Discord, yes?

Login or register to comment