• Published 8th Oct 2019
  • 1,359 Views, 54 Comments

RariTwi: Love is War - SigmasonicX



Rarity and Twilight are in love. Now if only they could get the other to admit it. Inspired by the anime/manga Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

  • ...
16
 54
 1,359

Epilogue

The princess and student council president, Twilight Sparkle, and the student council vice president, Rarity, sat on couches on either side of a communal work table on a calm Wednesday afternoon.

They in turn took sips from their teacups and looked at the person across from them. With the tension between them gone, it was great being able to simply enjoy the other’s company.

Not to say the room was without tension, however, as the sports club liaison leaned across the table, alternating glares at the two. “Alright, so it’s been, what, four weeks since you started dating? How come you’re just looking at each other? You aren’t even sitting together!”

Rarity placed her tea down and frowned. “Rainbow! It’s none of your business how we act as a couple!”

“Well I say it’s been my business ever since you roped me into helping you. I put all that effort into helping you two, and I don’t want you to be too shy to even kiss in public!”

Twilight sipped her tea. “Well first, I want to correct you. As Rarity and I have discussed, we actually started dating at some point close to the start of the year and, this is very important, neither of us remember who asked who out. The Gala merely marked when we decided to go public.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes so hard she nearly fell. “Yeah yeah got it.”

Non-sports club liaison Applejack, sitting elsewhere, let out a chuckle. “Lands sake, look at the ways y’all are twisting the truth for pride.”

Student council secretary Pinkie slid onto the table, with Twilight and Rarity reacting in time to lift their cups. Rainbow, on the other hand, bonked heads with Pinkie and fell back. “It’s even worse than you think, Applejack!” said the council secretary. “They haven’t been dating since the start of the year! Twilight’s been dating Rarity since high school!”

Twilight and Rarity both scrunched up their faces. “Darling, what in the world are you talking about?”

Unheeding, Pinkie continued. “Although, it’s weird, Twilight and Rarity were way more PDA-y back then, like kissing on stage at Rarity’s concerts and everything.”

Twilight’s face twisted until she finally reached a conclusion. “Pinkie… are you thinking about Dirk Thistleweed, that rock band singer I dated for a month in high school? Did… you think Rarity was Dirk this entire time?”

Pinkie’s eyes widened as she swirled her head between Twilight and Rarity. “Oh man, seriously? But they look so much alike! They both had purple hair and… purple hair. I just figured Dirk, you know, found himself.” She settled on Rarity. “Sorry, it must have been so weird with me acting like I already knew you!”

Rarity laughed nervously. “I honestly thought that was how you treated everyone.”

Pinkie smiled. “Oh, it is. So, I guess it wasn’t a problem after all!”

Twilight rubbed her chin. “Wait, so that means… you thought we were already dating all this time.”

Pinkie nodded. “Well yeah! But like you said, you and Rarity have been dating for a while, so I wasn’t wrong!”

Twilight shook her head. It wasn’t worth thinking of the implications. “Anyway, the second thing I was going to say is that just because we aren’t interested in public displays of affection doesn’t mean we’re being shy. It’s more that… I don’t know, I feel kind of satisfied where we are.” She turned to Rarity. “Is it the same with you?”

Rarity hummed. “Yes, it’s true. This is much slower than my other relationships, but I’ve been pretty happy with our pace.”

Close to Applejack, animal liaison Fluttershy demurely raised her hand. “Uh, this may sound like an odd question, but are you still writing that play together?”

Twilight and Rarity both furrowed their brows in thought, then Rarity’s face lit up. “Oh yes! The play! About the captured princess and the evil queen.”

Twilight pointed. “Oh, that! Come to think of it, I haven’t really been interested in working on that for a while.”

Rarity nodded. “Same here.”

Fluttershy rubbed her chin. “Hmm, so all the tension is gone then.”

“What was that, dear?”

Flustered, Fluttershy waved her hands. “Oh! Nothing!”

Pinkie, still on the table, kicked her legs. “Ooo, a play? Can I read it?”

“No!” Fluttershy yelled, launching to her feet. Everyone stared at her. Without explaining herself, Fluttershy slowly sank back down.

Rarity’s face lightened up. “Anyway, more importantly,” she said as she looked at Twilight, “darling, what’s this about you dating a guy version of me?”

Twilight blushed. “What can I say? I didn’t realize it back then, but I clearly had a type.”

Rainbow stood and spread her arms. “Hey, back to my problem! I don’t care how satisfied you are! After all the effort me and Fluttershy put into you two, I don’t want to hear about you still being too shy to actually do anything!”

Fluttershy shifted in her seat. “I mean, I’m fine with whatever they do.”

Student council treasurer Mudbriar fiddled with some papers before him. “I’m fine with the output of my efforts too.”

Student council treasurer two Wallflower rolled her eyes from her chair. “You didn’t do anything.”

Mudbriar turned to her, making her freeze up. “Technically, I played a quite significant role in their romance, such as during our tennis matches when Pinkie Pie refused to use the word ‘love’ when referring to my score, leading Twilight to behave oddly and…”

As he continued rambling, Wallflower covered her ears. “Twilight, please, can you take back whatever you did to make people notice me?”

Twilight giggled. “Sorry, Wallflower, can’t take back friendship!”

Rarity put her hands on the table. “Twilight, please, one story about Dirk! Was he a good kisser?”

Rainbow’s eyes lit up. “I got it! Clearly you two need a kissing demonstration! Applejack, come over here!”

Applejack shrugged. “Well, on one hand, I don’t think we oughta bother them about this, but I ain’t going to turn down a chance to kiss my wife.”

Twilight shook in her seat and whispered, “Married.”

Right in the middle of their council room, Applejack and Rainbow Dash kissed, making a big show of holding each other close and moaning.

Everyone watched a bit before Rarity said, “Alright, you two made your point.”

Applejack and Rainbow continued kissing.

Twilight started sweating. “Uh guys, you do remember why we’re all here, right? Princess Celestia is showing high schoolers around the campus and she’ll bring them here any—”

“What the hell are you doing?!”

It was… Princess Celestia!

The doors were open, revealing the principal along with a full suite of high schoolers, all standing and gawking at the two liaisons kissing.

“Woah, is that what the student council does?” called out Silverstream, poking her head above the crowd.

Ocellus blushed. “This isn’t what I expected.”

Yona, on the other hand, was impervious. “It what Yona expected.”

Rainbow and Applejack were frozen in place. “Uhhh,” they both said.

Celestia collected herself. “Anyway, as you can see, the student council is always hard at work to—oh will you get away from each other, already?” Celestia stomped to them and physically put her hands between them.

As the chaos ensued, Rarity sighed and turned to her girlfriend. “Celestia herself having to drag apart two lovers. You know, that could have been us.”

Twilight grinned warily. “Celestia already had a headache from fending off more interdimensional interlopers. I think I’m fine how we are.”

Rarity smiled. “I agree.”

Canterlot Royal Academy: a prestigious university with an ancient and honorable origin, founded to educate the nobility of Equestria. In recent decades, the school was opened up to the common people, but it remains the primary destination for the elite.

Run by the immortal Princesses Celestia and Luna themselves, the primary focuses of the academy are government, business, art, and of course, magic.

But with the demands of the throne so great, much of the school’s management falls to the most elite of the elite students: the student council.

Spike walked into the room, squeezing past the students. Upon seeing the sight before him, he added, in a faux British accent, “Through bonds of friendship and love, the student council makes the academy a wonderful place for all. And in the end, they found love not through war, but through peace. Or something like that.”


Back in her room after that long day, Twilight sat on her bed. You know, she thought, since Fluttershy mentioned the play, I’m a bit interested in reading through it again.

With a puff of magic, the playbook appeared before her and she started flipping through it. Her easy smile slowly turned to a confused frown, and then her eyes widened and her brows furrowed at just what they had written. What the fuck?

Author's Note:

And that's it! I might make a side story or two later, but for now, this is the end. Blog post coming later, but in short, it's going to be really weird not having more of this fic to write.

I hope you all enjoyed it!

Comments ( 3 )
Ri2

What was the deal with the play again?

11209416
Chapter 10, Fluttershy Wishes She Didn't Get Involved
Short answer is it was really horny, a fact that Rarity and Twilight somehow didn't seem to particularly notice

With a puff of magic, the playbook appeared before her and she started flipping through it. Her easy smile slowly turned to a confused frown, and then her eyes widened and her brows furrowed at just what they had written. What the fuck?

I love this ending, Twilight going back to the story now that she's not looking at it through Rose colored glasses and realizing that they turned an innocent child story into essentially a bondage fanfic. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment