• Published 8th Oct 2019
  • 1,363 Views, 54 Comments

RariTwi: Love is War - SigmasonicX



Rarity and Twilight are in love. Now if only they could get the other to admit it. Inspired by the anime/manga Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

  • ...
16
 54
 1,363

11. Pinkie Can't Cause Any Trouble

Twilight slapped the calendar. “Alright, everyone! The Gala is only five days away!”

She paced in front of the gathered student council members. “Normally, this would be the point where I tell you all to buckle down and get ready, but I have an amazing announcement for you. Planning, decorations, even our dresses, everything’s ready!” She stopped and smiled at them. “We finally did it!”

Everyone cheered and clapped, some softer than others. Pinkie pumped her arms and shouted, “Woo! Time to party!”

She pulled out her party cannon, only for Twilight to run toward her, waving her arms. “Pinkie, no!”

Pinkie hummed in mild confusion as Twilight put her hand on top of the cannon. “We’re so close to this Gala working, and I don’t want to take any risks. I’m sorry to tell you this, Pinkie, but I don’t want any shenanigans until after the Gala.”

Pinkie laughed. “What? Shenanigans? Me?” She fluttered her lips and waved her hand. “Do you even know me, Twilight?”

Twilight blinked. “Yes. And because I know you, I’d like you to not use your party cannon on campus, at least anywhere near the Gala decorations.”

“What? Twilight, no! You can’t tell me not to use my party cannon!” Pinkie replied, hugging her cannon. “He never caused any shenanigans!”

“Technically,” said Mudbriar, “your party cannon started that fire several months ago, which has officially been classified as a shenanigan.”

Twilight nodded.

Pinkie frowned. “Alright, that’s one shenanigan.”

“Pinkie,” Twilight said, “beyond the party cannon, we’re expecting some high-profile guests, many of whom are arriving in the coming days, so please don’t do anything that could cause a diplomatic incident. Just be careful.” She looked up. “And with that, you’re all dismissed until the day of the Gala!”


“I can’t believe this!” Pinkie said as she rolled her party cannon down the street. “You start one fire, and all of a sudden my best friend doesn’t trust you.”

“It’s such a bummer,” Pinkie imagined the cannon said. “I really want to spread joy uwu.”

Pinkie sighed. “Well, I’m a big girl now.” She balled up a fist and looked up. “If Twilight doesn’t want any shenanigans, then we won’t shenan the first time, let alone again!”

As she walked, she turned her head suddenly and imagined the cannon saying, “owo what’s this?”

In a small park, she saw several fireworks being set up. Smaller firecrackers were laid out in rows, and towers held up much larger explosives with eyecatching and tempting colors. Pinkie’s body was naturally drawn toward them, and before she realized what was happening, she was in the thick of it. Her eyes widening, she froze in place. “OK, Pinkie, just because you’re surrounded by fireworks doesn’t mean you’ll get into any shenanigans. You got a good look already, so it’s time to back away.”

She stepped away slowly, only for a worker to call after her. “Miss! Oh miss!”

Pinkie turned to face the woman, who held a remote control with a big shiny red button. She said, “I have to go do something quickly, and you look trustworthy, so do you mind holding this button for a bit?” She held it up to the student council secretary, who blinked at it. “This button will set off all the fireworks at once, so make sure you don’t press it!”

Pinkie took the remote. “Uhh…”

“Thanks kid!” the worker said. Before Pinkie could make another confused noise, she dashed away. At the end of the block, she turned and yelled, “Oh, and be careful! Any sudden movement could set it off!”

“Gah!” Pinkie exclaimed as the remote slipped and tumbled between her hands. Eventually, she got a solid grasp and exhaled. “Alright, this is fine. Just holding a remote with a pretty pressable button that’ll launch a bunch of way cool fireworks and probably cause chaos, and certainly result in a shenanigan. But you aren’t causing any shenanigans today, because you’re a big girl!”

Pinkie stared at the red button.

The red button stared at Pinkie.

Pinkie’s eyes stared back at themselves through the reflection on the button.

“Sorry for being so late,” the worker said, rushing back with a signed Daring Do book in hand. “Can’t believe I was gone for an hour. Time flies, huh! Glad I trusted you with that remote, miss!”

The student council secretary continued staring at the remote. The worker waited a bit for a response, then carefully pulled it out of her grasp. She looked at Pinkie, still staring at her now-empty hands, grimaced, and walked away.

A minute later, Pinkie finally blinked.

She pulled her party cannon close to her face. “Oh my gosh, that was so scary! Setting off all those fireworks would have been amazing, but it would have been a shenanigan!”

She froze. “Wait, was me standing here for an hour also a shenanigan?! Oh no, we need to get home fast!”

“But don’t you have a class soon umu?” the party cannon said.

“I don’t know!” Pinkie yelled.

Getting behind the cannon, she pushed it while sprinting down the street, creating a smoke cloud behind her. She screamed as she sped past bystanders.

“Hey Pinkie!” Rainbow called out, holding up a Daring Do book. “Guess what I—”

“No time!” Pinkie responded as she left Rainbow in her dust.

A man with a stack of flyers said, “Miss, excuse me! Would you like to join our focus group for—”

“Sorry, not interested!” she yelled as her air pressure blew away the papers.

“Please try our gourmet popcorn samples!” yelled out a woman standing behind a table.

Pinkie proceeded to crash through it without stopping, with all the popcorn landing in her mouth and inside the cannon barrel.

“Swowymmdisisgood!” she said.

Finally, Pinkie arrived at her dorm. Stopping to pull the door open, she pushed her cannon through, only for it to grind to a halt against the frame.

“Oh come on, cannon! When did you get so wide?”

“v_v” the cannon said.

Pinkie stopped when a realization struck her, and she tapped the side of her head. “Oh, duh! In all the excitement, I forgot to put you away!”

The secretary put the cannon behind her and it was gone. She brushed her hands together and, with sagely eyes, said, “Well, now I’ll just seal myself in my room, so I won’t get into a shenanigan again.”

“Hello, Pinkie,” a woman said.

Pinkie jumped and yelped, then turned to see a woman wearing a brown coat, sunglasses, and a headwrap that covered much of her hair. However, to someone that knew her, her beauty and regality was unmistakable. Plus the bits of yellow, pink, and purple hair that were still uncovered.

“Oh, hey Cadance!” Pinkie said with a big smile. “It’s been way too long! Great to see you!” She hugged the princess, but then she pulled away and her expression shifted to suspicion. “Actually wait, why are you meeting me at my dorm without saying you were coming? Is this a shenanigan? Sorry, Twilight said no shenanigans until after the Gala!”

Cadance looked to the side and awkwardly pulled at her gloves. “Well, it’s, uh… actually related to all that. I need your advice about something.” She took a breath. “I’m considering divorcing Shining Armor.”

Pinkie nodded. “Hmm, yeah, I can see why you’d need my—wait what?!” She wildly waved her arms. “You and Shining are—why would you want to leave him?!” She turned and said to herself, “Helping her looks like a shenanigan, but letting Cadance leave him would be an even bigger shenanigan. Sorry Twilight, but this is for your own good.”

Cadance twirled a finger through her hair. “You know how Auntie Celestia invited me and Shining to the Gala?”

Pinkie tapped her chin. “I did not know that, but go on.”

“Well, as guests of honor, we’ll be expected to dance. Otherwise it’ll be perceived as me putting a curse on the event and all of its participants, so say the Old Rules.”

Pinkie smiled with her eyes closed. “Neat!”

“The problem is, when I mess up and ruin the dance, that means I’ll ruin something that Twilight worked so hard on. I’ll bring shame to her and Shining, and I can’t let myself stay with Shining then.” Cadance finally looked at Pinkie in the eye and said, “So what do you suggest? Do you have a divorce greeting card or anything? This isn’t really my area of expertise.”

Pinkie laughed and waved an arm. “Oh Cadance, you’re just afraid of dancing? Come on, I’m sure you’re great! Just give yourself to the beat like Twilight, and you’ll be fine!”

Cadance rubbed an arm. “I’m a, well, bigger problem than Twilight on the dance floor.”

Pinkie fluttered her lips. “How bad could it be? Come on, let’s see your moves!”

The princess looked around. “You mean here?”

Pinkie smirked then stomped her foot twice. A second later, the floor opened up underneath the two and they fell into the darkness.

Cadance screamed for several seconds until she landed on a cushion. Rubbing her butt, she said, “Ugh, actually remembering my wings would have been nice.” She looked up and her eyes widened. “Oh my.”

Pinkie Pie stood in the middle of an unexpectedly expansive room, with a large dance floor lit up by colorful spotlights and glowsticks littered around. Her arms were raised up to show off the room. “Sorry, didn’t clean up after the last party yet.”

She zoomed over to Cadance and, before she could react, pulled her to the dance floor sans coat. Pinkie then leapt to the turntables and started playing upbeat music as Cadance stood and blinked.

“Come on, dance!” said Pinkie, as she wiggled her hips and moved her arms.

After a bit, the princess swayed side to side.

“Feel the music!”

Cadance started moving her arms at this point. “I’m actually fine dancing alone, Pinkie,” she said. “The entire problem is when I dance with other people. It can get pretty dangerous.”

At this, Pinkie suddenly appeared next to her. “Ooh, show me!”

Pinkie backed into Cadance while dancing to the music. The princess rolled her eyes in resignation and danced more energetically. Her eyes closed and her tongue stuck out a bit as she moved wildly.

“That’s it, Cadance! You’re really feeling it—”

Cadance's punch came out of nowhere. Pinkie’s perception slowed as the princess’s fist collided with her cheek. Her expression remained the same as it drove further in and her face distorted. First one eye closed by itself, then the other followed. Despite thinking her skull was pretty solid, it bent around the princess’s fist and the very beginnings of a grunt of pain started. Finally, momentum fully imparted, Pinkie’s face snapped back into shape as her whole body was sent flying. She rolled in the air, bouncing off the ground as she spun, until she finally crashed into a wall, creating a cloud of dust.

Cadance, still with her arm extended, slowly opened her eyes in dread, then gasped. “Pinkie! Are you OK?”

The dust died down and the prone Pinkie gave a thumbs up. “I’m OK!”

Cadance pulled Pinkie up and looked her over. The secretary shook her head to properly mess up her hair, and true to word, she didn’t seem worse for wear. The princess sighed. “When I was younger, I used to attend many school dances. Despite my solo dancing not being all that impressive, I was often approached by potential dance partners. We’d dance a bit, but then… what happened to you happened.” She smirked and narrowed her eyes, “I actually got a nickname from that.”

Flower petals blasted around her as she said, “La baiser venimeux de l'amant.”

Pinkie watched the petals. “Ooh, fancy!”

“It means ‘the lover’s venomous kiss’.” She brushed hair behind her ear. “Which, well, it’s a reference to how I keep punching people I dance with, but as far as nicknames go, I’m pretty proud.”

Pinkie rubbed her chin. “But what about Shining? Didn’t you two dance at the wedding?”

“Well, I just kind of swayed and marched in place. Maybe I started getting into it, but I didn’t send Shining flying, so obviously I didn’t go too crazy, even though it went on for a while. We don’t really dance or go to dances otherwise.”

Pinkie nodded then winked. “Well don’t worry, Cadance. I know just what to do with your punching!”


In Pinkie’s secret chamber, she and Cadance stood in a boxing ring. Pinkie wore a sweatshirt and held up her hands in large punch mitts, designed to catch a fighter’s punches. Cadance wore exercise clothes and bobbed and weaved as she struck the mitts with her gloved fists. After a few jabs, Pinkie swiped a hand, and Cadance quickly ducked.

“Give me an uppercut!” shouted Pinkie as she directed her palms downward.

Channeling energy through her whole body, the princess erupted upwards. She struck the mitts with such force that one came off Pinkie’s hand and flew into the air. Cadance stayed in her uppercut pose as Pinkie cheered.

“You’re doing great, kid!” Pinkie said. “You’ll master the Dempsey Roll in no time!”

Cadance blinked. “Wait, I thought you were going to help me with my dancing. We’re just making my punches stronger!”

Pinkie gasped and put her hands to the side of her head. “Oh no! We are, aren’t we!”

She rang the bell and the boxing ring shot into the ground, leaving her and Cadance behind in the air. They then landed on the dance floor.

“I’m getting used to all this sooner than I expected,” said Cadance.

“OK, fix up your dancing, not your punching. Wow, I was way on the wrong track there. Anyway, let’s start with the basics.” She slid up next to Cadance and put her right foot forward. “Put your right foot in.”

Cadance did so.

“Put your right foot out.”

Cadance did so.

“Put your right foot in.”

Cadance did so.

“And shake it all about!”

Cadance did so. Then kept shaking it. She shook it faster and faster until she rapidly kicked with a flurry of strikes that Pinkie had to dive to avoid.

“Hyakuretsukyaku?!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Cadance stopped and sighed. “It’s like I told you, it’s whenever I’m dancing with someone else. Even something simple like this.”

Pinkie tapped her chin. “Maybe we need to put enough weights on you that you can’t punch anyone.”

“I’ve tried that before, but that just ended up making my punches even stronger. And now we’re here.”

Pinkie tapped her chin harder. “Hmm…”

She tapped her chin even harder. “Hmmmm…”

Then she smiled and shrugged. “Well, nothing else to it. Guess we gotta get you used to the feeling of dancing with someone without hitting them.”

Cadance raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? You aren’t saying you’ll…”

Pinkie nodded. “Yup. I’ll take as long as it needs, or at least until the Gala, but I’ll keep dancing with you until you get this down.” She wagged a finger. “Plus, this means I won’t get into any other shenanigans.”

“You sure? I’ll probably be hitting you a lot.”

“It’s fine. I can take a hit. Plus, I’ll just play some montage music and it’ll go by fast.”

“Well, if you say so.”

Pinkie jumped up to the turntable and put on a disc labeled “Montage Music”. She turned it on, and time distorted.


It starts with
One thing, I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try

In the secret chamber, the music continued playing as Pinkie twirled and then offered a hand to Cadance. The princess took it and twirled herself, closing her eyes. Her leg shot out and clocked Pinkie on the side of her head, sending her into a wall. She opened her eyes and gasped, putting a hand to her mouth.

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this, there's only one thing you should know

On another day, Pinkie and Cadance stood in a grassy field. They moved slowly and deliberately, as though practicing yoga, up until Cadance slowly lifted Pinkie and deliberately crushed her between her arms and a knee. Coming out of her trance, she gasped as Pinkie fluttered to the ground like a flat piece of paper.

I've put my trust in you!
Pushed as far as I can go!
For all this, there's only one thing you should know!

On yet another day, Pinkie and Cadance danced in a deep indoor pool, wearing snorkels and swimsuits. The water impeded their movements, and for a bit, it seemed like this would work. Regardless, seconds later, Pinkie flew out of the pool with a column of water, and crashed into the ceiling.

I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end, it doesn't even matter
I had to fall to lose it all
But in the end, it doesn't even matter

“Ah crud!” Pinkie said, holding up the disc. “I used the dramatic fight montage AMV music, not the training montage music! I really should label these better.”

Cadance stood on the dance floor and gripped her arm tightly. “The Gala is tomorrow, Pinkie, and I feel like all I’ve done is get better at slapstick.” She tilted her head. “Maybe I should get a greeting card for Shining after all. I don’t want to make it sound like a bad thing that we’re getting divorced. Maybe something like, ‘Congratulations, you’re single!’ Though I mean I guess it wouldn’t be that different for him, since we have an open relationship, and last I checked, he was having fun with Spearhead.”

Pinkie rushed up to her. “Cadance, don’t worry! It won’t come to that! I know we only have a day left, but I have something that’ll definitely work!”

Cadance frowned slightly. “Oh Pinkie, I don’t want to hurt you again. Besides, if Shining is still in an open relationship after our divorce, being his secret lover wouldn’t be terrible, I think.”

“You won’t be hurting me!” said Pinkie. “You’ll be hurting”—she snapped her fingers—”them!”

The trap door in the ceiling sprung open, and two women fell onto the cushion on the floor with a yelp.

“Uh, Pinkie,” said Cadance, “the entire thing about me dancing was supposed to be a secret. Well, I guess everyone that knew me as la baiser venimeux de l'amant already knows, but still.”

Pinkie winked. “Not to worry! I didn’t tell them about that at all!”

The first new arrival got up. “I keep forgetting that’s there,” she said in a southern accent.

“Woah, this place looks different when there isn’t a party,” said the other, who brought out her blue wings as if to say she deliberately chose to fall to the ground, and wasn’t just startled.

Pinkie sprung up to them and said, “Cadance, meet Applejack and Rainbow Dash! Applejack, Rainbow Dash, I’d like you to meet your new training partner, Princess Cadance!”

Cadance waved back with a look of confusion on her face.

Rainbow put a fist in her palm. “So you’re the sensei that Pinkie’s been talking about, huh? You don’t look that tough.”

Applejack responded, “Now hold on, we’ve both seen the kind of damage a princess can do. That kinda attitude will get you knocked out in a second.”

“Speak for yourself. I’ll last way longer than you.”

The two grunted taunts back and forth while stretching, and Cadance took this opportunity to wave Pinkie over. “What are they talking about?”

Pinkie narrowed her eyes and moved her fingers around. “I told them that you’re a karate master that’s going to put them through some intense fight training set to music. I just had to make sure Applejack said she’d be better at it than Rainbow, and that right there got them both on board.”

“But why? I don’t think this will help with my dancing.”

“Well, it might be all the hits to my head, but I managed to piece together something. Way back at the start of this, you said that you didn’t attack Shining Armor when you two danced.”

“Yes, because we were slow dancing at a wedding and I was being careful.”

“But we’ve slow danced with you being careful before, right?” Pinkie spread out her arms. “And you still sent me flying!”

Cadance tapped her chin. “I suppose. There must have been something else different. If it’s true love, then that won’t really help when others ask to dance with me.”

“If I’m right, we’ll get the answer after you dance with Rainbow and AJ for a bit. Don’t worry about hitting them, they’re way tougher than me.” She pumped her fist up. “Plus, their rivalry will push them to new heights!”

The princess tilted her head. “Well, if you say so.”

Pinkie turned to the two fighters. “Alright, girls! Get ready! I want you to get close to Cadance and dance with her. She’ll be attacking you during the dance, so watch out for that! Whoever lasts the longest wins!”

Applejack said, “This is the weirdest competition you’ve ever given us, but that ain’t gonna stop me from winning.”

She and Rainbow both bunched up against Cadance, who awkwardly blinked.

Pinkie started playing energetic electronic music, and shouted, “Cadance, really give it to them!”

As Rainbow and Applejack nodded to the beat, the princess shrugged and started swaying her hips and moving her arms.

“Woah!” Applejack yelled as she blocked a right hook from Cadance with a cross-arm guard and skidded a few feet away, but stayed upright regardless. She shook the struck arm and walked back. “Alright, I guess there is something to this after all.”

Rainbow barely dodged out of the way of Cadance’s knee attack and laughed. “Only an idiot would let herself get hit by—” Rainbow gasped and ducked below a roundhouse kick.

And so it went. The beat grew more intense and Cadance threw out uppercuts, jabs, kicks, and even grabs, but Applejack blocked the attacks that went her way, and Rainbow Dash dodged. Pinkie watched carefully from the disc booth, or at least as carefully as she could while making balloon animals. After a dodge from Rainbow, Cadance’s foot skidded a bit after landing on the floor, and Pinkie’s eye glinted.

Eventually, Rainbow said, “Hey, I know unpredictability is part of all this, but it’s been like three minutes without any attacks. What’s the hold up?”

Still dancing to the beat, the princess’s eyes widened. “Wait, you mean I haven’t been attacking you?”

“I wasn’t going to mention anything,” said Applejack, “but yeah, you haven’t hit me in a long time either.”

“Aha!” Pinkie declared as she jumped up and pointed. “I knew it!” The other women stopped to listen, but Pinkie said, “No, keep dancing.”

Shrugging, they continued dancing to the music while Pinkie paced in front of them, now holding a bubble pipe. “As we all know, Cadance can’t help but randomly attack people close to her while she’s dancing, due to some weird quirk of her martial arts training combined with her princess power.”

“Wait, that’s what’s going on here?” asked Applejack.

Pinkie laughed. “Oh right, I was supposed to hide that part. Whoopsie!” As Cadance rolled her eyes, Pinkie continued, “However, there was one time that Cadance danced without hitting anyone, during her wedding. Or so we thought! Let me propose something: what if Cadance was hitting someone during that dance!”

Cadance gasped. “You don’t mean…?”

“That’s right, princess! Shining Armor was well aware of your dancing history—seriously, how could he not? You have a nickname about it and everything. So he went into that dance with a magic barrier around him, and he was prepared to receive all your attacks.”

Cadance looked up and furrowed her brows. “Really? But we danced for a while, and he was still weak from—”

“From Chrysalis’s attack on the wedding, yes.” Pinkie blew some bubbles from her pipe. “There was another piece to the puzzle, and I just now confirmed it. Princess Cadance, if you dance for long enough without landing a clean blow, your body finally adjusts and you start dancing without attacking people!”

“I, uh…” Cadance looked at the dance partners on either side of her, who both had confused expressions on their faces, but were clearly not subject to random attacks from her. “Huh.”

“Keep dancing, Cadance!” shouted Pinkie as she raised a fist. “Burn this feeling into your soul! The feeling of nonviolent dancing! That’ll prepare you for tomorrow.” She tilted her head and smiled. “But also, you should probably have Shining cast a barrier around your dance partners.”

Cadance nodded. “Thank you, Pinkie. I think I won’t need those divorce greeting cards after all.”

Rainbow and Applejack’s faces twisted in reaction.

Pinkie sighed and relaxed in her DJ chair. “I can’t believe it. Only one day until the Gala, and because I’ve been spending all my time helping Cadance, that means I haven’t been up to any shenanigans. Well, besides this. So no shenanigans that Twilight has to know about!”

The dancing continued for several more minutes, then the music stopped. Everyone was sweating and got off the dance floor to sit in some chairs.

Pinkie jumped down to them. “That was great, everyone!”

“Thank you for everything, Pinkie,” the princess said with a sincere smile.

“It wasn’t really what I expected, but I got a good workout,” said Applejack. “And some sore arms.”

“Yeah, thanks you two,” said Rainbow. “As for me, I got a good workout without getting hit, so I won this contest.”

Applejack sighed. “Sure, I’ll give you that, sugarcube. Dinner’s on me, then.”

Cadance giggled. “So you two are good friends, then?”

“You could say that,” said Rainbow. “But we’re more than that. We’re rivals!”

“Exactly right,” Applejack said, and they fist-bumped.

Cadance got up and smiled with her eyes closed. “In that case, out of gratitude for everything you two have done for me today, I declare you married!”

There was a pause.

Pinkie blinked. “Eh?”

Wedding bells rang in the distance, the sound piercing into the underground chamber. The magic of love flowed into the hearts of Rainbow and Applejack, lifting them into the air and making their eyes sparkle. With the glow of matrimony, even their exercise clothes felt like wedding garb.

“Ehhh?”

With all of her authority as a princess, Cadance said, “You may kiss the bride.”

Rainbow and Applejack gazed at each other, knowing they were going to share a life together. Their lips met, and then met again. Then they fell to the ground kissing.

“Ehhhhhhhhh?”

Cadance finally noticed Pinkie’s wide-eyed expression and blinked innocently. “Oh? Was that not appropriate? Sorry, I’ve been on a rivals-to-lovers kick lately, and I just get excited when I see two people in love.”

After a few seconds, Pinkie shrugged. “Well, at least Twilight can’t blame this on me.”


The newlyweds chose to hold their reception after the Gala, so Applejack’s very large extended family could attend. Even so, the short time remaining until the Gala, and the event itself, was filled with more shenanigans that couldn’t be blamed on the student council secretary—stories for another time. She was disappointed but not surprised that the others couldn’t handle the no-shenanigan ordeal she went through.

However, the fruits of her labor would be realized soon. It was time for the Gala guests of honor to dance.

Princess Cadance stepped out with a flowing pink dress, while Prince Shining Armor wore a purple suit. Pinkie stood alongside Twilight, with the other council members somewhere else in the crowd. The music started and they danced beautifully. Twilight clapped and cheered on her brother and sister-in-law. Pinkie’s keen eyes saw Cadance’s near-imperceptible strikes and how Shining’s magic barrier protected him, making Pinkie bite her lips. However, the attacks quickly died down, and they soon danced perfectly and regally, with no one else seeming to have noticed. But soon was the moment of truth.

Another pair joined the dance, and then they switched partners. Cadance danced with another noble and Pinkie crossed her fingers. Seconds passed, and finally a minute, before the princess switched to yet another partner. Pinkie clapped and cheered, tears of joy pouring out. She nudged Twilight and declared, “That’s my baby out there. I’m so proud of her.”

Twilight slowly nodded and raised an eyebrow. “Did I miss something?”

Author's Note:

Check this blog post for chapter release details, and another announcement.

As for this chapter, this was of course a Kaguya-sama: Love is War story concept I had to adapt, and who better to fill the Chika role than our Chika stand-in, Pinkie Pie. I considered using Twilight for Miyuki, of course, but that felt too... expected. Cadance changed things up a bit, and allowed for some wacky bits of fan lore that I assume totally apply to FiM proper.

I considered ending the story in a different way than the Kaguya-sama stories this is based on, but there's no reason to mess with perfection.