• Published 21st Sep 2019
  • 2,988 Views, 73 Comments

There's Magic in the Mare - Clopficsinthecomments



Trixie is STILL a lonely mare. Sure, she was redeemed, made friends, saved Equestria - but the public is slow to forgive and finding a coltfriend has eluded her. However, while touring in Manehattan, she meets a cute reporter and that all changes!

Comments ( 34 )
L-N

Yeah, seeing a SFW story being posted by Clops? I was worried
Glad to see Clops is still... okay, 'sane' probably isn't the right phrase here-

Even more? Ohhhhhhhhhhh buddy! :raritystarry:

Comment posted by Mocha Star deleted Sep 21st, 2019

I love stories with trixie finding love with a oc. :heart:

Definitely enjoyed the SFW preview of this greatly!

Quick question though, are the NSFW chapters the only difference? Or is the entire story slightly different now?

Just asking since I try to avoid reading twice in a row so soon, but also don't want to skip anything important!

9843923
Same chapters! Just NSFW chapters only diff!

And here I thought Cadence couldn't get even more evil than denying Trixie love. XD Ah, I loved this! Thank you so much for it. Honestly I kind of wish we'd had a confrontation with Hard Copy but. C'est la vie, what can you do? At least Trixie is getting the love she deserves!

9844691
Hard Copy was hit by a taxi cab and died off screen.

9844530
Us writers have to stick together and help eachother.

Triplet names:

Abrah Lulamoon
Kah Lulamoon
Dabrah Lulamoon.

Dang Candace is really vindictive

I think a chapter disappeared between A Buck to the Gut and Heart to Heart.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the characterization of the main characters and had the impression that it meshed well with the cloppy chapters.

As for Cadance, I can see why you chose to depict her in such a manner, but it's also a bit jarring and damn, does she provide a big helping of fridge horror that undercuts the light-hearted tone of the story once it hits. All in all, still a very enjoyable read. Kudos on writing a likeable and three-dimensional Trixie. The same holds true for the (self-insert?) OC.

Your SFW link is broken.

Oh, Cadance, you're so, so sweet!

9851323
Thank you sir!

Yes he's a bit of self insert, tis a guilty pleasure.

Trixie will return to being the villain when an investigative reporter from the competing paper (or maybe one under Hard Copy) reveals the scandalous story that Jot was romantically involved with the subject of his story and benefited financially from the increased publicity his article generated for Trixie's show.

9867765
Nuh uh! Because their marriage is gonna be getting page news!

:P

I found this to be a beautiful little romance story despite the bits about Cadence. Jot & Trixie were believable and easily came to life in my mind.

9846241
Pfft. Veni, Vidi, and Vici Lulamoon, you mean!

The Great and Powerful Trixie is giving birth to ponies, after all, not Pokemon!

9875982
She's just protective of her sister in law.

Only the best for Twily: Shining Armor or no-pony!

Took me far too long to get around to reading this. It was adorable. :pinkiehappy:

def·a·ma·tion
/ˌdefəˈmāSH(ə)n/

Noun
the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
In which this case Trixie would have substantial evidence that the Flim and Flam brothers purposely targeted and harrassed her, prompting their owned companies to slander and victimize Mrs. Lulamoon

If I was her I would sue the hell out of them.

9934864
Hahaha, sorry dude, glad you enjoyed.

This was awesome, I'd love to see a sequel :P

9934938

Who's to say that she won't sue them at some point?

10294439
Honestly, I don't know, dude.
Sorry for confusing you.

9853920

Well, so is Tinker in my stories, but they can't stop us anyway!

Login or register to comment