• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 1,581 Views, 168 Comments

Wings of Dawn - The Voice in the Water



What's a wereraven scout to do when lost in a world that isn't her own, surrounded by ponies that are probably going to drive her mad? (Classic World of Darkness crossover)

  • ...
4
 168
 1,581
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 17 )

Aw hello yeah I love world of darkness and werewolf although am a bigger fan of forsaken than apoc but still glad I found this story. Hope there’s more to come.

“Things are periodically hectic, but that’s what you get in an episodic series.” Pinkie said with a flick of her foreleg.

Are we sure Pinkie isn't some kind of Fae?

It's a special kind of surreal when Scootaloo's correcting Sweetie's vocabulary and not the other way around.

Nice touch with Dawn picking up weather magic. She is a part-time pegasus, after all.

Delightful stuff. And it's good to see Dawn's able to carry on a conversation now... more of less. I'm sure she'll get the conjunctions and articles figured out soon enough. I have to agree on ending it here; it's a logical stopping point, and you don't want to drag it out too far... even if I'd love to see Dawn's reaction to Twilight's ascension. And her first hearing about Discord's parole. And...

Well, there are certainly still quite a few interesting bits to explore should you revisit this particular Equestria. For now, thank you for a great read.

9973646
Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't get as into nWoD as I did oWoD, so I'm not too familiar with Forsaken. From what I understand, there aren't really any corax there, right?

9973662

Are we sure Pinkie isn't some kind of Fae?

Honestly, we're really not sure about anything when it comes to her. My theory is she's got access to True Magick, like a WoD mage.

It's a special kind of surreal when Scootaloo's correcting Sweetie's vocabulary and not the other way around.

:pinkiehappy:

Nice touch with Dawn picking up weather magic. She is a part-time pegasus, after all.

Hey, she's a pragmatic bird. And it's a useful tool. Just don't expect her to participate in mucking with the weather's natural processes. She's not about that crap.

Delightful stuff. And it's good to see Dawn's able to carry on a conversation now... more of less. I'm sure she'll get the conjunctions and articles figured out soon enough. I have to agree on ending it here; it's a logical stopping point, and you don't want to drag it out too far... even if I'd love to see Dawn's reaction to Twilight's ascension. And her first hearing about Discord's parole. And...

Well, there are certainly still quite a few interesting bits to explore should you revisit this particular Equestria. For now, thank you for a great read.

Thanks. I may revisit Dawn's particular multiverseal thread at some point, but I think I'd like to maybe work on expanding/revising my Ascendants universe a bit. Though, Dawn may make a cameo appearance in that multiversal thread (where, TBH, she'd probably fit in a little better than standard pony land).

Thank you for reading. Glad you enjoyed it.

Adding this to my "Reading now" bookshelf...

but you have me wondering, how would a Gurahl handle equestria...and just think what Fluttershy would think of one. LOL!

(Yep old school WoDer here, in fact I use to be one of the admins on white wolfs site back in the day...way back)

“Eh, some creature have stick in butt. Nothing do about.”

This was funny.

Would love to have more of Dawn Wings.

Am I the only one who thought her speech pattern was Russian? Honestly it made it a little funny.

"Dee Doubleyou and the cha-cha real smooth corps." lol.
My google search says you added an extraneous E on 'corps'.

the p is silent, and it's pronounced like you would the word for the center cylinder of an apple.

9973692
I think they're one of the three breeds that would handle it the best. The foxes and coyotes would probably just start messing with the ponies for the lols, and the bears would probably do what they always do: be that kindly aunt/uncle that people come to when they need help or need to get their shit together. Given how "childish" the ponies can be, it would make sense.

9973790
I was mostly going for painfully broken diction, but I can kinda see that now. Something that Dawn really didn't get to flex in this story because of her circumstances is her sense of humor. She's got a pretty snarky, sarcastic streak to her, like most corax. She just really didn't get a chance to use it.

9973847

My google search says you added an extraneous E on 'corps'.

Crud. Thanks for the spot.

9973684
Yes, Pinkie Pie is one of the Awakened. I'm thinking that Gummy is a Paradox spirit. Gummy is a nice Paradox spirit though. He gives Pinkie a heads up when she's starting to run the risk of Backlash or worse.

I am a little shocked that Dawn Wings willingly touched gold in Bon-Bon's shop. I know that it was part of the challenge-response system, but I would think that Dawn's handler would have given her a passphrase that didn't involve the poor corax suffering from gold burns. As Raven once told Nabiki Tendo(from a world wherein Mercenary Girl was a (kinda-sorta)corax), "It's not fair, is it? The very symbol of what you treasure most, and its mere touch burns like fire."

9974470
Re: Pinkie - its the only way that any of her abilities make any sort of sense.

I don't have my source books available, but if I remember right, being in homid form (and therefore equs form) just makes the bane slightly painful to touch, but not cause agg, regardless of breed. Also, Dawn hasn't let that particular vulnerability slip, because she doesn't want the princesses having that sort of weapon against her (especially considering how much gold there is in Canterlot) just in the event that things go south.

This was fairly alright, yes. Have a fave.

If a sequel is ever done (doesn't need one, but if it is made) I would think they'd explore the nature of her spiritual powers as a sideplot, I think? It seems to function independent of the regular magic field of the planet and that would intrigue a lot of people, Twilight especially.

Would love to see more of this! The WoD games are something that I've wanted to get a better understanding of but never had the opportunity to play... So stories are the next best thing!

This was a great read! Managed to binge read it in a day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though I never knew about werewolf white wolf before and still don’t know much about it, I thankfully wasn't hindered by that while reading this story.

Hey Voice!

You have any plans for a sequel for this great story of yours?

Monk
"I took another sip of my coffee." -Star Dawn

11596425
Sadly, I've been consumed with working on my current project, Phoenix-born Rising, and with work in general. However, if you want more Dawn Wings, a version of her shows up in that story as an important recurring character (she's one of my babies, so I'm going to include her where I can).

11596456
To be honest, I thought this story was an add-on or set in the same universe as PBR. XD

Login or register to comment