• Published 18th Dec 2018
  • 5,114 Views, 188 Comments

Tending Flowers - Flammenwerfer



Seth Conway joins the military after a call for volunteers to train with their pony allies. Seeking direction, this could just give him what he seeks. Meeting a gorgeous, reticent mare named Schneeblume is the best part of his new adventure.

  • ...
19
 188
 5,114
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 42 )

I think Schnee has earned her happy ending here, having read all of your stories that feature her.

As always, you’ve absolutely kicked ass with this story (as you do with other stories), even moreso with this one.

Well done, looking forward to what you bring out in the future!

know this... i care little about humans and ponies coexisting and i avoid those stories.. But here i am at the end of THIS story. Bravo, bravo for piquing my intrest and keeping me hooked til the end. I enjoyed it immensely! Here is five mustaches!:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Perfect....everything is....perfect

You should write another schnee story if not that's ok story was a success

love the story hope you continue to write more story just as good and this as well as continue with some of your other story you were unable to finish before your absence.

Awesome story. Just came across this story a couple weeks ago and started reading it out of curiosity. Couldn’t help but read the other Schnee stories if this story was anything to go by. Very well written. Hopefully this isn’t the last of Schneeblume as she is an awesome character. Thank you for writing such a great story.

And again, this mare never fails to give me goosebumps. Honestly, at this point Schnee is probably my favourite pony OC, period. There's so much raw emotion in her stories and they never fail to move me, no matter how many times I reread it. Stella is wonderful and a delight, but Schnee is just...

This is next level man. Bravo. I look forward to your next adventure.

And of course, the ending of my own little thing. We'll see these two again~

That ending man... That ending...

So freaky in all the best ways.

:heart:
Lovely, from start to finish. It's been a long journey for Schnee, and if this is the last we see of her then I bid her the fondest farewell. I'm glad she found some peace.

9589354
She found more then just peace. She found her new beginning

Wow...tears were shed..Beautifully done my friend, beautifully done.

When in doubt, go with your gut. I always do it when nothing else comes to mind, and it has never failed me yet. Glad to see that it worked out.

I wait eagerly for your next story.

10/10 gonna read again :pinkiehappy:

An excellent tale wrapped up beautifully. It brought a tear to my eye. Well done Flamm, well done.

Wow. As a history enthusiast, that really spoke to me. Well done, dude.

9590228
I’ve read the whole series 6 more times, pump up those numbers

As I’ve told Flammen, I’ve been to Langemark Cemetery. So this hit especially hard, I had a great great uncle fight for the austro Hungarians. This is a war nobody should ever forget, this was a story that speaks the age old line. Remember, and live. Lest we forget

As ever, another great story, Flamm. The characterization of the war-torn veteran was absolutely tearjerking. The ending was beautiful.

Have a salute from active duty.

9591104
And a salute from me to you! Thank you for your service

Because you were writing from your heart... it touched us readers from our hearts too.
Outstanding.

9589111
Hey, thanks so much, man! There'll definitely be more on the horizon very soon!

9589115
Damn! Then that must count for something! Super stoked I was able to keep your interest, and hope to do so in the future! Thanks for sticking with it!

9589226
Schnee has had her fair share of stories thus far, and as much as I and others enjoy her, I think she deserves her rest. The universe is wide open, though!

9589236
Thanks man! Will definitely be returning to some other works now that I've had my break from them!

9589256
Thanks! And how did it make you feel? :raritywink::rainbowlaugh:

9589291
Thanks, Legion! I'm delighted it made you want to read the rest of her! She's had her time in the limelight for a while so I think she needs a bit of rest. She'll definitely feature in other stories in the universe... but probably not in the main role.

9589293
Your FAVORITE OC? Goddamn! I'm... I'm honored! Seriously though, I always look forward to your comments, and I know if you enjoyed it, then I succeeded! Thanks a lot dude!

9589301
Right?? I'm glad it seemed to work though! Was afraid it would be 'meh.' Thank you!

9589310
Thank you!!

9589354
My man! I'm so happy you enjoyed the ride! While this won't be the super last time we see her, I think it'll be the last time she's in the main role. As you said, she's earned her peace and her rest by this point after FOUR stories!

9589899
Thanks man! And thank YOU for sticking with me until the end! So happy you enjoyed the ride!

9590126
Aye... and it's something I need to do a little more often! Thanks man! There'll definitely be more to come!

9592563
U should look through other people unfinished stories and ask if u could continue them u don't have to do them it's just an idea

Man this story is beautiful if that even makes sense

9592566
I have the right to doubt that there is such a thing as a 'bad' story from you.

To be honest, I didn't know where this story was going to go and was preparing myself for a tale of schneeblume having her lover go off to the next great pony war and the tale being one of the fears and trials of them both as the war went on. This fits, though I suppose I can't help but wonder what if...

Wunderschön. Vielen Dank für die Reise die ich hier erleben durfte. :)

Fantastic story.
Do you ever not write amazingness with this mare?!

A wonderful end, to a wonderful story! The Walter Werber part really got me as well! This story as a whole, as well as the story you've set up around Schnee is probably my favorite on this site. It all feels so real, and grounded, I immerse myself in it and love every second of this "Schnee vision" I get from your stories :twilightsmile:

I hope she finds a happy and long rest and I can't wait to see her again~!

Have an awesome day Flamm and I can't wait to read your next story, or a new chapter in your other ones :scootangel:

I shouldn't have read this chapter. I should have saved it for a moment when its inspiration could be acted upon. Blast!

And it was beautiful and sweet. I just wish I could have seen her at an actual battlefield, though this is probably the better choice for the story.

EDIT: Did you just immortalize an actual soldier buried at Langemark?

Lovely story, loved reading it :twilightsmile:

Beautiful... So beautiful. I'm so glad I read this story. Everything about this story felt so right. I enjoy every last second of war and love. You my friend, did a wonderful job on this story. From the beginning to the end. Thank you so much for writing a beautiful story of and these two human and pony.:heart::raritystarry::twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697893326417952810/700622061663420477/8088e1c8a2cc156fc5135d478874aae3.gif

10189136
Thank you SO much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the ride! :D

10189138
np! I actually came to this for human on pony action. But just like some other stories I read. There's a lot more to it then "YOU. ME. BED. NOW!"... Hehehe.:twilightblush::twilightsmile:cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697893326417952810/701355028228603904/324.gif

10189148
LOL you wouldn't have been the first one to tell me that :rainbowlaugh:. "Came for the clop, stayed for the story" was a common theme for this one here haha

As a history buff named Seth who's learning German and who's mother favors purple, damn this was amazing!

This was great! Well done!

A poppy, having beautifully bloomed.

... and I'm immediately brought back to the battle of Monte Cassino, and the song my people put together about it... About how the poppies there will grow more red, because they drank the blood of soldiers assaulting the hill.


And now I want to read a slice-of-life with how, over 12 chapters, Seth and the Crusaders slowly get Schnee better.

I'm sure there must've been many more nights like the one previously depicted, and I'm sure Seth must've gotten a bit tired at some point (nobody's patience is unlimited). So I get to wonder how he'd work through it on his side... Some more ponies would likely get involved, too.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go through that joint training, either. While there must've been better days and worse days, I'd like to see how he suprised the instructors with his proficiency - that one must've been very tasty... ;-]

I also wonder how the other elements of the human contingent would react to him being engaged to a pony... that might be interesting. I wonder if Schnee would get in on some beating-up action when she came to visit, to set some people (and perhaps a few ponies?) straight... ;P I mean, it is Canterlot, and if we've learned anything, it'd be that there's no shortage of specieist ponies in Canterlot...

There's a lot to uncover here still. I mean, the conclusion is fairly foregone, but it'd be interesting to see how they deal with these moments, good and bad, on their way here.

This story was very beautiful. Filled with a special life meaning and at the same time calm, gentle without sharp plot twists and scenes of jealousy. Thank you - it was a pleasure to read it :twilightsmile:

This story has turned out to be all I could've hoped for! Great job!

Login or register to comment