• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,291 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,291

The Return of Trixie

Author's Note:

I’m sorry that I’m bad at writing magic fights. This chapter might be a bit OOC too

Spike, Twilight, Peewee, and Fluttershy stood in front of her cottage. A group of animals happily chittered to each other as Fluttershy shook in fear.

“Don't be scared, little friends. Twilight is wonderful with magic.” Fluttershy said in a soft tone to her animals. She quickly turned to face Twilight, there noses pressing together. “If anything happens to them, Twilight, so help me...” Fluttershy started, only to be blocked by Spike. He pushed her back with his one good arm.

“Aww, don't worry, Fluttershy, Twilight's magic has gotten a lot better since she accidentally crushed me and Applejack with a giant snowball.” Spike explained. Twilight blushed at the memory. Fluttershy let out a sigh.

“Of course she's good with magic. Twilight's great with magic. I guess I just don't want my little friends to be scared. Oh, oh, look how scared they are!” Fluttershy said with a nervous laugh. Spike looked at the animals to see that they were perfectly fine and not nervous at all. He chuckled a bit.

“You’re being a little dramatic, they’re fine.” Spike stated.

“I promise, Fluttershy. Nothing bad will happen to them.” Twilight said confidently. She put her magic around the animals.

“Stop, stop! They can't take it!” Fluttershy exclaimed in terror, laying on the ground. Twilight gave her a look of confusion. She hadn’t even lifted the animals off of the ground yet. Twilight turned back around and started to levitate the animals off of the ground. She lifted them into the air and they all chittered happily. Fluttershy bit her hooves as she watched her animals. Spike pet her hair as he watched Twilight twist and turn the animals in the sky. The animals let out happy chitters, enjoying the ride. Twilight rocked her head, making the animals go in different directions.

“Twilight, that looks amazing!” Spike exclaimed. Twilight lowered the animals back onto the ground. She wiped the sweat from her brow and let out a breath. The animals surrounded her, putting there arms up to be put up in the air again.

“That's all for now, little ones. Maybe we can practice again later, if Fluttershy says it's alright.” Twilight said, gesturing to Fluttershy. She laid on the ground, shaking like a leaf. Peewee rubbed his beak against her hair, relaxing her a bit. All of the animals surrounded her, jumping about and down happily.

“Your magic has really improved since we came to Ponyville, Twilight. Princess Celestia's going to love it.” Spike complimented. Twilight smiled.

“Thanks, Spike. I have to be at my best when she arrives with the delegates from Saddle Arabia. I can't believe she's trusting me with the entertainment.” Twilight beamed. Spike went to say something, but noticed a shadow on the ground approaching them rapidly. He looked up to see Rainbow Dash flying quickly. She had a look of urgency on her face. She landed next to Twilight.

“Twilight! Come quick! It's an emergency!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Twilight levitated Spike on her back and followed Rainbow Dash into Town Hall. Peewee and Fluttershy flew after them, wondering why was going on.


Twilight ran into town hall, seeing a large crowd surrounding something. Spike hopped off of her back and pushed his way through the crowd to see what was going on. Someone wearing a black cloak hit Rarity with a magic beam. A brown, lime green, and pink dress appeared on her, making her gasp.

“You beast! This shade of brown should only be used for accents!” Rarity exclaimed, about to faint. Applejack ran behind her and caught her before she hit the ground.

“Come on, Applejack. We've got to get her in a nice, soothing pink, stat!” Pinke Pie said, following Applejack. Twilight managed to push her way through the crowd, looking around in confusion.

“What's going on here?” Twilight asked. The pony took off the cloak dramatically, revealing Trixie. Spike gave her a confused look. She wasn’t that much of a threat when she was in Ponyville before, why was everyone so scared?

“Well, well, well. If it isn't... Twilight Sparkle.” Trixie said with a smirk. Her eyes flashed red for a moment, making Spike take a step back. Twilight let out a gasp.

“Trixie!” Twilight exclaimed. Rainbow Dash flew closer to Trixie.

“You call that great and powerful?” She asked with a scoff. Spike wanted to side with her but felt like Trixie was going to do something crazy. She hit her with a beam of magic. Rainbow Dash’s right wing became humongous and she struggled to fly properly. Her magic aura was different which threw Spike off. He looked at Trixie’s neck. She had a black amulet on her neck.

”That must be the source of her power, she could barely do a teleportation spell when she was here, let alone spells that could change body parts.” Spike thought to himself. He looked up to see that Snips and Snails horns were connected. They were both running around in a panic as everyone stared.

“Stop picking on my friends Trixie!” Twilight exclaimed sternly.

“You and I have some unfinished business. My magic's gotten better since I was here last. And I'm going to prove it! Me and you, a magic duel. Winner stays, loser leaves Ponyville forever! Trixie exclaimed, making everyone gasp. Spike stood in front of Twilight defensively.

“Forget it, she’s not going to do that!” Spike exclaimed angrily. Trixie smirked and got a few inches from Spikes face.

“Would you like to suffer for Twilight instead?” She asked. Spike nodded his head.

“Kick me out instead, see if I care.” Spike stated. Twilight pushed Spike behind her and shook her head.

“Why are you doing this?” Twilight asked. Trixie sneered and made a small magical screen appear.

“Why? Because you humiliated me! After you showed me up with that Ursa Minor, I became a laughing stock! Everywhere I went I was laughed at and ostracized. I even had to take a job on a rock farm just to earn a living! A rock farm!” Trixe shouted angrily, stopping her hoof.

“Hey! You're lucky a rock farm would take the likes of you!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She continued to ramble on about how wonderful rock farms are. Trixie rolled her eyes and wrapped her magic around Pinkies muzzle. She took it off of her face and tossed it in a nearby trash can. Pinkie Pie tried to say something but it just sounded like muffled screams.

Now I want revenge! And I'll just keep casting spells 'til you agree. Well? What do you say?” Trixie asked. Twilight looked around to see her friends suffering from Trixie’s torments. “If I lose, I won't set hoof in Ponyville again. But if you lose, you're the one banished from this one-horse town.” Trixie suggested. That was a deal breaker.

“Fine!” Twilight exclaimed. Trixie smirked.

“Excellent.” She said. She reversed the effects on every bodies spells. She turned Rainbow Dash’s wing back to normal, took the dress off of Rarity, and disconnected Snips and Snails. Pinkie Pie still didn’t have a mouth. Spikes heart raced at the thought of Twilight losing. He couldn’t lose her. Twilight and Trixie stood a few feet from each other. Spike could feel Twilights nervousness.

“Draw!” Trixie exclaimed, letting a blast of magic out of her horn. She levitated an apple cart and launched it into the air. Ponies scattered int different directions, trying not to get hit. A mare tripped and fell onto the ground harshly. She shielded herself as the cart approached her. Twilight levitated the cart away from her moments before it hit the mare and placed it on the side, placing the apples inside neatly. The mare ran off as Twilight let out a sigh of relief.

She turned around to see a dozen pies appear in mid air. They charged at her at full speed. Twilight thought for a moment before getting an idea. She teleported a parasprite, which ate all the pies with ease. The parasprite burped out another parasprite and Twilight quickly teleported them away before they could do any more damage.

“You can do it Twilight.” Spike muttered to himself. He pet Peewees head anxiously. Trixie summoned a large pile of snow above Twilight and dropped it on her. Twilights horn glowed and she melted all of the snow. She shook the water off of herself. Twilight hit Trixie in the face with a magic beam. A long mustache grew from her upper lip, causing everyone to giggle. Trixie summoned a pair of scissors and cut them off with ease.

“Snips, Snails, step forward!” Trixie commanded. The both shakily walked towards her and bowed down.

“Wh-what is it, oh Great and P-P-Powerful Trixie?” Snips stuttered out. Trixie levitated them both into the air and covered them in magic. There was a bright light and both of them fell on the ground. Snails was an old frail stallion while Snips was a small foal. Twilight gave a look of surprise.

“An age spell? But... how could you do an age spell? That's only for the highest level unicorns!” Twilight exclaimed in shock. Trixie smirked cockily and shined her hoof on the amulet.

“Well, Twilight? Give up?” Trixie asked. Twilights ears flattened. She enveloped Snips and Snails in her magic.

“Come on Twilight you can do it.” Spike said hopefully. Sweat dripped down Twilight’s face as she struggled to change them back. Her magic weakened and she dropped Snips and Snails on the ground, trying to catch her breath.

“Trixie is the highest level unicorn!” Trixe exclaimed with a laugh. She faced Twilight. “And now it's time for you to leavePonyville! FOREVER!” She commanded. All of her friends ran in front of Twilight to protect her.

“That's enough, Trixie!” Applejack stated, stomping her hooves on the ground.

“You proved your point, but you can't possibly expect Twilight to leave Ponyville!” Rarity said with worry laced in her voice.

“You fools! She's already gone!” Trixie exclaimed while using her magic to throw Twilight out of town. Twilight let out a scream as she was flung away. Spike quickly ran after her, being followed by his friends. He could see Twilight laying on the ground near the Everfree Forest. Spike sped up, already way ahead of his friends. Before he could reach her, a giant glass blocked them, keeping Twilight out.

“Twilight!” Spike exclaimed, banging his hand on the glass. It glowed red whenever his fist his the glass. It must have been magic surrounding it. Spike picked him up to make sure he didn’t hurt himself.

“I’ll be fine Spike. I'll figure something out. Just take care of each other. And keep an eye on Trixie. There's something strange about her.” Twilight said before running off. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity muttered to eachother. Spike hopped out of Fluttershys arms and started to pace back and forth in worry. He stopped pacing when he heard the sound of something dragging across the dirt and a whip. Trixie sat in a carriage with no wheels. Snips and Snails, who we’re now back to normal, struggled to pull it.

“You six, come with me, you have some worshipping to do.” Trixie commanded. They couldn’t fight back so they followed Trixie back to Town Hall, whispering things to each other. Spike rubbed Peewees head to get his attention.

”Let’s go.” He whispered. He slowed down as he watched his friends follow Trixie. Spike turned around and made his way to the library.


Spike sat on the library floor, flipping through a book about amulets. Peewee laid his head on his lap.

“There has to be something on the amulet that Trixie is wearing.” Spike said to Peewee. He flipped through the pages of the book until he found the amulet that she was wearing.

“The Alicorn Amulet, and whoever wears it is blessed with untold power. Even though it provides great power, it also corrupts the user.” Spike read out. He continued to skim the page.

“You can't just take the Alicorn Amulet off her neck, it has a magical lock! Trixie's the only pony who can take it off!” Spike exclaimed. He thought to himself for a moment. He stood up, making Peewee roll off of his lap and land on his back. Spike started to pace back and forth.

“I need to trick her somehow. She’s not that smart so it shouldn’t be that hard.” Spike stated. He stopped walking and looked at a dark blue necklace that Twilight had gotten for her birthday. It had a blue sapphire in it and a thick golden chain. He picked it up off of the table and an idea popped into his head.

“Come on Peewee, I have an idea.” Spike said before walking outside. Peewee followed him out the door. He looked around to see that the town was empty. It was eerily quiet, making Spikes blood run cold.

“It’s like a ghost town.” Spike muttered. The silence was terrible and he hated it. It made him feel like he was alone. Peewee noticed his tension and started to sing softly. It calmed Spikes nerves and made him smile a bit. They entered Town Hall to see Trixie sitting on a throne made of sweets. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash struggled to hang up some tapestries. Applejack stood in a pit of apples, trying to crush them up. Rarity sat at a sewing machine, making tapestries. Pinkie Pie was dancing with a red magical aura around her. Everyone else was either cleaning or fanning Trixie. The Mayor sat in a small cage.

“Dragon, massage my hooves.” Trixie commanded, sticking out her right leg. Spike grimaced.

“Actually Trixie, I have something for you.” Spike said while showing her the necklace. “It’s a new amulet, much more powerful than the one around your neck.” He stated. Rainbow Dash flew over to him in a rush, making Fluttershy drop the tapestry she was holding.

”What are you doing?” Rainbow Dash asked through gritted teeth. Spike ignored her and took a step forward.

“This can help you rule all of Equestria and you would barely have to use any magic.” Spike explained. Trixie squinted at him.

“How do I know that you’re not trying to trick me? Besides, why would you give me more magic?” Trixie asked. Spike instantly thought of an answer. Trixie didn’t know him that well so he could say anything and she could believe him.

“I’m tired of the same boring rules the Princess Celestia makes, with you in control, it can be different.” Spike encouraged. Trixie snatched the necklace from his hands and took off the amulet. Her eyes flickered red for a moment before going back to its regular purple color. Spike looked out a window to see the shield around the town had disappeared.

“Get rid of this, I don’t want it anymore.” Trixie said as she handed Spike the amulet. He grinned. Trixie put the necklace on her neck and looked at Rainbow Dash. She struck her with a beam of magic, making her laugh.

“Stop it! Tha-that tickles!” Rainbow Dash said between laughter. Trixie gave a look of confusion.

“Tickles?! That was supposed to make you writhe in agony! This amulet is defective!” Trixie shouted. She faced Spike. “Give mine back!” She commanded.

“I’ll give it back if you can catch me first.” Spike said before running off. Peewee flew after him. Trixie ran after him in blind rage. Spike glanced at the enterance of the Everfree Forest.

“Peewee, fly around town and make sure she follows you, I’ll go get Twilight.” Spike commanded. Peewee nodded his head and flew off into a different direction. Spike hopped over a log and entered the forest.

“If I were Twilight where would I go?” Spike asked himself. Before he could think of something, he bumped into something and got knocked to his back.

“Spike, what are you doing here?!” Twilight asked in surprise. Spike stood up and hugged her.

“I got the amulet that was controlling Trixie.” Spike said while showing her the alicorn amulet. Twilight tilted her head.

“Is that why she was so powerful?” Twilight asked. Spike nodded his head.

“She’s mad at me and is trying to catch me. I told Peewee to keep her away.” Spike stated. She smiled and put Spike on her back.

“Let’s hurry before Trixie gets away.” Twilight said as she ran out of the forest.


Twilight and Spike entered Ponyville to see Trixie surrounded by the rest of their friends and Peewee. She looked at Twilight with fear in her eyes.

“What are going to do to me?” Trixie asked. Spike looked at her with cold eyes.

“Murder.” Spike said with a deadpanned expression. Trixie started to shake in fear.

“We’re not going to murder you.” Twilight stated. Trixie let out a sigh of relief. “I don’t want you to come back to Ponyville until you truly changed, understood?” Twilight asked. Trixie nodded her head before standing up and running off.

“She deserved worse.” Spike stated. Twilight sighed.

“She was corrupted by the amulet and you know it.” Twilight stated while walking away. Spike snarled.

“I just don’t want to see her ever again.”

Comments ( 2 )

“What are going to do to me?” Trixie asked. Spike looked at her with cold eyes.

“Murder.” Spike said with a deadpanned expression.

Boy, that escalated quickly. Like really quickly.

Comment posted by King of Kings deleted Apr 26th, 2021
Login or register to comment