• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,291 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,291

Pinkie pie knows

Twilight let out a strained grunt as her horn glowed brightly. Spike stood with his legged perched on a rock. He held a large stick in his hand and had a rock balanced on his head. A few leaves wrapped around his neck like a necklace. The stick to glow before turning into smoke. It turned into a fancy cane. The leaves flawlessly turned into a blouse, tuxedo jacket, and red bow tie. Spike started to cramp up and attempted to move his leg a little.

“Spike, stop moving! It crucial that we keep our concentration.” Twilight said.

“Sorry Twi.” He said as he moved his leg back in the same position as before. The rock on his head started to glow and slowly turned into a top hat. The rock was almost completely turned into a hat when suddenly Pinkie Pie zipped past, breaking Twilight out of her concentration.

The hat turned back into a rock and slammed onto Spikes head, causing him to topple over onto his stomach.

“Spike! Are you okay!?” Twilight asked in concern. Spike head was spinning and he let a shaky thumbs up. Twilight let out a sigh of relief before turning her head to Pinkie.

“Pinkie, you have to be more careful! You’ll end up hurting someone!” Twilight scolded. Pinkie hid behind a tree with an umbrella hat on. She then zipped under a table and peaked her head out, looking at the sky.

“Twitch a twitch.” She said to herself as she grabbed her tail. Spike and Twilight looked at each other in confusion. They both walked up to her.

“Pinkie pie? What in the wide, wide world of Equestria are you up to?” Twilight asked. She turned her attention to Twilight.

“Oh! It's my tail! It's my tail! It's a-twitch a-twitchin'! And you know what that means!” She said as her tail twitched. Twilight tilted her head in confusion.

“Actually, Pinkie, I haven't the slightest idea.” Twilight said. Pinkie’s eyes darted around.

“The twitchin' means my Pinkie Sense is telling me that stuff's gonna start falling! You two better duck for cover.” Pinkie said as she sped under a tree. Twilight chuckled.

“Oh Pinkie, it’s not gonna rain. There’s barely a cloud in the-AAAUGH!” Twilight screamed as a frog fell onto her face. Spike flinched before quickly taking the frog off of her face.

“Are you okay?” Spike asked. Twilight blinked in surprise, trying to process what happened.

“I’m fine, but we’re did the frog come from?” Twilight asked in confusion. Fluttershy flew over them with a wheel barrel full of frogs. She also had some in her saddle bag and in a basket she was holding in her hooves.

“Oh, I'm so, so sorry. You okay, Twilight Sparkle? I just couldn't stand to see the pond getting so over-populated, what with the frogs all hopping into each other and all, so I decided to fly as many as I can on over to Froggy Bottom Bogg.” Fluttershy said as Spike handed her the frog.

“Of course you did.” Twilight said, wiping the frog slime off of her face.

“Bye!” Fluttershy said as she flew off. Pinkie pie tossed her umbrella hat to the side and hopped away.

“Come on, Spike. Let’s go find somewhere more quiet to practice the spell.” Twilight said. Spike nodded his head and the both started to walk a quiet spot. Before they could even get a few feet they heard Pinkie shout.

“TWITCHY TAIL!” She shouted as she hid under a rock.

“Ugh, not this again.” Twilight said in an annoyed tone as she continued walking.

“Nothing is going to happen, something just happened to fall from the sky. I think this is all a load of- AH!” Twilight yelped as she fell face first into a muddy ditch. Spike jumped in after her, landing on his feet.

“Twilight! Are you okay?” He asked. Twilight sat up and coughed up some mud.

“Just peachy.” Twilight said sarcastically.

“I’ll go run you a bath!” Pinkie said as she hopped towards her home. Applejack walked over and peered into the ditch.

“Now why are you two hanging out in a ditch?” She asked.

“Pinkie pie said something about her ‘Pinkie sense’ and a twitchy tail.” Spike explained. Applejack eyes widened and she cover her head.

“Twitchy tail?!” Applejack said in fear. Spike rolled his eyes.

“Relax, I’m pretty sure it’s just Pinkie being Pinkie.” Spike said. Applejack shook her head.

“I know it doesn't make much sense, but those of us who have been in Ponyville a while, have learned over time that, if Pinkie's a-twichin', you better listen.” She stated. Spike sighed and helped Twilight up.

“Let’s go to Pinkie’s to get you cleaned up.”


Twilight sat in Pinkie pies bathtub, in surrounded by warm water and cupcake scented soap. Spike sat on the edge of the sink, slouched over.

“So how does your Pinkie sense work?” Spike asked. Twilight glared at him.

“Sooo, basically, it works like this: I get different, little, niggly feelings and they mean different things. Like when my back is itchy, it means it's my lucky day. Sometimes I get combos. Like ear flop, eye flutter, knee twitch, which means ‘watch out for opening doors. And, when my knee gets pinchy, that means something scary's about to happen.”

“Is your knee pinchy now?” Twilight asked.

“No, but my shoulders achy. That means there’s an alligator in the bathtub.” She stated. She dunked her head into the water and pulled out a small alligator. Twilight screamed and jumped out of the tub. Spike sat up, ready to punch an alligator in the face.

“How come your knee didn't get pinchy?! That isn't just scary, it's downright dangerous!” Twilight shouted. Pinkie pie giggled.

“He’s not dangerous, this is my pet Gummy! He doesn’t have teeth. See!” Pinkie said as Gummy bit her arm.

“Okay, okay I get it.” Twilight said with a groan. She levitated a towel from the sink and started to dry herself.

“Well, I still don't believe all this... "special power" stuff. It's just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.” Twilight said. Pinkie giggled.

“What’s so hard to believe? You believe in magic.” Pinkie said. Spike looked at Twilight to see anger written all over her face. Twilight took a breath to calm herself down before speaking.

“Magic is something that you study and practice. It only happens when you decide for it to happen.” Twilight explained. Pinkie pie shrugged her shoulders.

“Whatever you say.” She said as she hopped out of the bathroom. Once she was out of earshot, Twilight faced Spike.

“I have to figure this out.” Twilight said as she left the bathroom. Spike hopped off of the sink and followed her.


Spike and Twilight sat in a bush as they watched Pinkie pie hopped around town.

“I know you want to figure this out, but I’m pretty sure stalking her isn’t the solution to this.” Spike said.

“If she won’t tell that she’s lying, then I’ll find out myself. Take notes.” She said as she gave shoved a notepad and pencil into his arms. Spike sighed and got ready to start writing.

Pinkie rolled around in some grass before standing up and scratching her nose. “Spike write that down.” Twilight whispered. Spike nodded his head and wrote it down. Pinkie pie ran under a large statue of a horseshoe and cowered under it.

“Aha! That makes no sense. See? She's hiding like something's about to fall from the sky, but a twitchy tail means something's gonna fall from the sky, not an itchy nose.” Twilight said excitedly. “This proves that this is just some made up thing.” She said happily. Spike heard a loud buzzing from behind Twilight. He looked over her shoulder to see a swarm of bees heading towards them. His eyes widened.

“Twilight look out!” Spike said as he forcefully pushed her head under the bush. They both heard a loud buzzing as the bees flew overhead. They both peeked there heads out once it went silent. The bees were long gone.

Twilight took the pencil and notepad from Spike and wrote something down. “Itchy nose equals bees.” She muttered to herself. Spike scratched the back of his arm.

“That was a close call, we should probably just go back home. The Pinkie sense seems pretty real.” Spike said. Twilight snapped her head towards him.

“There’s no way I can stop now. There has to be a reasonable explaination for this.” Twilight said. Pinkie pie looked around in the sky before leaving from under the horseshoe and hopping off.

“She’s getting away!” Twilights said as she chased after her. Spike let out a shaky sigh and followed her.


Spike and Twilight hid behind barrels of hay in Sweet Apple Acres, watching Pinkie sniff a flower. Twilight wrote that down.

“Twilight, I don’t think you have to write that down.” Spike said. Twilght held her hoof up to him, gesturing for him to be quiet. Pinkie pie paused before her ears flopped on her face, her eyes fluttered, and her knees twitched.

“Didn’t she say that means beware of opening doors?” Spike asked. Twilight scoffed.

“Do you really believe that? I’ll show you that there’s nothing to worry about.” Twilight said as she opened the barn door. She let go of the door and started to walked away.

“See there’s nothing to worry abou-AAAH!” Twilight screamed as she fell into the cellar. Spike ran over to the cellar.

“TWILIGHT!” He shouted in fear. Twilight shakily stood up with Applejack supporting her side. Once they got onto solid ground, Spike ran up to Twilight and grabbed her face.

“Are you okay?” He asked in concern. She nodded her head and levitated the notepad and pencil towards her.

“I’m fine, but I still need to figure this out.” She said as she flipped through her notes.

“Twilight you’re hurt, you need to take a break.” Spike said.

“You did take one mighty fall there Twilight, Spike is right, you need some rest.” Applejack said. Twilight shook her head.

“I won’t take a break until I figure this out!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Twilight please...” Spike muttered. Twilight turned around to say something, but paused when she saw the sadness on his face. She let out a sigh of defeat.

“Okay Spike, we should go home.” She said. Spike smiled and helped her get back to the library.


Twilight sat at her desk as Spike put a bandaid on her cheek.

“All better.” Spike said cheerfully. Twilight smiled lightly.

“Thanks Spike, I just wish I could have figured out all of that ‘Pinkie sense’ nonsense.” Twilight said. Suddenly, the library door burst open, making both of them jump. Pinkie pie and Applejack ran inside.

“Twilight, my Pinkie sense is telling me that something big will happen at Froggy Bottom Bogg!” She shouted frantically.

“That’s were Fluttershy was headed!” Applejack commented.

“This again? Give me a break.” Twilight said.

“I don’t know Twilight, they sound pretty serious.” Spike said. Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Fine I’ll come with you. But only to prove that the Pinkie sense isn’t real.” She said. They nodded there heads and all ran out the front door.


They had arrived at Frogger Bottom Bogg, which smelled like mold and swamp water. Fluttershy stood at the edge of the swamp, watching the frogs hop around. Pinkie pie tackled Fluttershy into a hug, making her let out a yelp of surprise.

“FLUTTERSHY YOU'RE OKAY!” Pinkie pie shouted in relief. She tilted her head in confusion.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked. Pinkie pie took in a deep breath and started to speak.

“Well it all started today when my Pinkie sense started going off and I didn’t think much of it cause it happens but then it’s beem going on all day and then it told me to come here because you would be in big trouble!” Pinkie said in one breath. Fluttershy blinked, trying to process that.

“Pinkie's made a lot of predictions today but what we've shown here is that there's no point in believing in anything you can't see for yourself.” Twilight said with a grin. Spike looked down when he noticed smoke covered his lower half.

Applejack, Pinkie pie, Fluttershy, and Spike looked up in terror as a hydra slowly emerged from the water. Twilight continued to talk, not noticing the impending doom right behind her.

“TWILIGHT LOOK OUT!” Spike shouted as he pulled her towards himself. Twilight look up to see the hydra, and her face twisted into fear.

“RUN!” Twilight shouted, making everyone run in opposite directions. The hydra let out a loud roar and chased after them.

“UP THAT CLIFF!” Spike ordered. Everyone ran up the steep hill with the hydra close behind. The hydras foot got caught in the bogg, delaying it for a few moments and letting them get farther up the hill. They all stopped at the edge of the cliff, slimy water below them. Six large, thin rocks were lined up to jump across. If they missed the jumps they were goners for sure.

The hydra made its way up the hill with large stomps. “It’s gonna get up here at any second, we have to jump across one at a time.” Spike said.

Fluttershy peered over the edge and let in a deep breath. “A hop, skip, and a....jump!” Fluttershy said as she jumped across, landing safely at the other side. Applejack picked Pinkie pie up and hopped across, both landing on the other side unscathed.

Twilight picked Spike up and jumped across. The hydra let out a loud roar and stomped its feet, causing the rocks to fall apart. Twilight jumped, causing Spike to fall off of her back. When Twilight made it to the other side, her eyes widened when she realized Spike wasn’t with her. The rocks started to shake and break down under him.

Without thinking he got on all fours and jumped to the next rock. Before he could make it to the last one, the rock crumpled under him, causing him to fall. “SPIKE!” Twilight shouted as she reached her hoof out, wishing he could grab on. Spike fell with a loud scream.

A bubble at the bottom of the bogg started to form and Spike fell on top of it. He sunk in for a few moments befoe it popped, sending him upwards to his friends. He landed perfectly on his feet to his surprise. Twilight ran up to Spike and hugged him tightly.

“I’m so glad that you’re okay!” Twilight said. The hydra stood and the edge of the cliff and let out a loud roar before walking away. Pinkie pie shuddered and shook.

“That’s wasn’t what my Pinkie sense call me for!” She exclaimed. Twilights mouth hung open in shock.

“What do you mean that not what it called us here for?!” She asked with a tint of anger in her voice.

“My Pinkie sense is still going so the hydra wasn’t it.” Pinkie claimed. Twilight let in a deep breath before letting out a scream of anger, making everyone flinch and Spike cover his ears.

Once she finished she let out an angry grunt. “ I can't fight it anymore. I don't understand how, why, or what, but Pinkie Sense somehow... makes sense. I don't see how it does, but it just does. Just because I don't understand doesn't mean it's not true.” Twilight said defeatedly. Pinkie pie let out a gasp and her whole body started to shake. Once she finished, a popping noise happened, as if someone just used a confetti popper.

“That’s what my Pinkie sense called my for!” Pinkie said happily. Twilight went to say something but closed her mouth a let out a chuckle.

“Only Pinkie pie.” She muttered to herself. “Now let’s go home.”

“Isn’t the hydra still over there?” Fluttershy asked. Everyone paused at the realization.

“I guess we have to take the long way around.” Twilight said. Everybody groaned and started walking.