• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,291 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,291

The fight for a ticket

Author's Note:

I accidentally made this super long

Spike pushed a wheel barrel full of apples. Twilight and Applejack carried baskets of apples on there back.

“Thank you kindly for helping me out. I bet Big Macintosh that I could get all of these Golden Delicious in the barn by lunch time. If I win, he’s gonna walk down Stirrup Street wearing one of granny’s girdles.” Applejack said as she chuckled.

“It’s not trouble at all. I’m glad that the goal is by lunch time. All the work is make me hungry.” Twilight said as her stomach growled loudly. Spike rummaged around in the wheel barrel and pulled out a shiny apple.

“Here you go Twi.” He said as he handed her the apple. Twilight smiled.

“That looks delicious, thanks Spike.” She said as she bit into the apple. Spike smiled before letting out a burp. A letter appeared and he grabbed it before it could hit the ground. He opened it and started to read out loud.

”Hear ye, hear ye. Her grand royal highness, Princess Celestia of Canterlot, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala. This invitation invites Twilight Sparkle and one guest of her choice.” Spike read out as he pulled out two golden tickets.

“The Grand Galloping Gala!” Applejack and Twilight said in unison. They both started cheer happily.

“I go with Spike every year, it’s really fun.” Twilight said happily.

“Aw shucks it sounds like a lot of fun. I’d love to go. Land sakes, if I had an apple stand set up, ponies would be chowin’ our tasty vittles til the cows come home. Do you have any idea how much business I could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres? Why, with all that money, we could do a heap of fixin up ‘round here. We could replace that saggy old roof, and Macintosh could replace that saggy old plow, and Granny can replace that saggy old hip.” Applejack said. She kicked her hoof in the dirt sadly. “I would give my left leg to go to that gala.”

“I wish I could bring you but I only have two tickets and I’m bringing Spike with me. I’m sorry that I can’t take you to the Gala.” Twilight said. Rainbow Dash fell from a nearby tree and onto the ground in front of them.

She quickly got up with a wide grin. “Did somebody say the Grand Galloping Gala!” Rainbow Dash said exitidly. Applejack let out an angry grunt.

“Rainbow dash, you told me to busy to help harvest apples. What were you doing, were you spying on us?” Applejack said angrily.

“No, I was busy napping.” Rainbow dash said as she pointed up at a tree. A pillow and blanket laid on a thin tree branch above them. Rainbow dash turned a around to Twilight.

“Did you say you had two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala?!” Rainbow dash said loudly.

“Yeah but-“ Twilight started before Rainbow cut her off.

“YES! This is so awesome. The wonderbolts perform at the Grand Galloping Gala every year. I can see it now. Everyone would be watching the sky. Their eyes riveted on the Wonderbolts, but then in would fly Rainbow Dash!” She said while hovering excitedly in the air.

“I would love to take you, but I’m taking Spike with me.” Twilight said while gesturing towards Spike. Rainbow dash looked at him for a few seconds before getting an idea.

“Whoever gets to Fluttershy’s cottage and back first gets the ticket. One two three go!” Rainbow dash said as she zoomed off to the cottage. Spike rolled his eyes and put the wheel barrel in the barn.

“Let’s go before she comes back.” Spike said as he started to walked away. Twilight put her basket of apples in the barn and waved goodbye to Applejack.


Twilight and Spike walked through the noisy town. Twilights stomach growled. “Where should we go to eat?” She asked Spike. Before he could answer, he saw Pinkie pie running full speed towards Twilight, not paying attention to where she was going.

“TWILIGHT WATCH OUT!” Spike shouted as he pushed her out the way. Pinkie pie rammed into him, making them both fall on the ground. Twilight rushed over to them.

“Are you okay?!” She asked concernedly. Spike stood up and rubbed his head before giving her a thumbs up. The tickets landed on Pinkies face, causing her to let out a loud scream.

“AAAH BATS ON MY FACE!” Pinkie pie shouted as she jumped up. The tickets floated to the ground, causing her to stop screaming and gasp.

“Wait those aren’t bats, those are tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala!” She said as she hopped around enthusiastically. “That’s the most amazing incredible tremendous super fun wonderful terrific party ever! I’ve always wanted to go!” She shouted as she happily hopped around.

Before Twilight could respond Rarity walked over a let out a gasp. “Are this tickets for the Grand Galloping Gala?!”

”Here we go again.” Spike thought in annoyance. Pinkie pie nodded her head.

“Mhm and Twilights taking me!” Pinkie said with a large grin. Rarity’s face scrunched up.

“Twilight are you sure that Pinkie pie is the best option, she can be rather.... excitable.” Rarity said. “If you take me I can meet him.” She said with a sigh.

“Him?” Twilight, Spike, and Pinkie asked in unison. Rarity hugged both of the tickets close to her chest as if it were a pony.

Him. I would waltz in the Gala with all eyes on me, and every one will wonder ’who is that mysterious mare?’ The princess will be so taken aback by my style, she’ll introduce me to her nephew, him. Our eyes would meet and our hearts will melt. He will ask for my hoof in marriage and of course I would say YES!. We would have a royal wedding and I will be a princess.” Rarity said with a giggle. Spike took the tickets from her grasp.

“I hope that you’re not talking about Prince Blueblood, because he’s a huge narcissistic jerk. And I’m going to the Gala with Twilight.” Spike said as he started to walk away. Pinkie pie zipped in front of him.

“I’ll make you cupcakes for a whole month!” She said with a large grin. Spike turned around to walk away, only to bump into Rarity.

“Darling if you give the ticket to me I’ll give you half of my gems for the rest of the year!” She said desperately.

Twilight stood between them. “He made his desicion and you need to respect that.” She said sternly. Spike nodded his head in agreement. A small bunny ran up to him and snatched the tickets out of his hand before running away.

“Hey!” Spike shouted as he chased the bunny. The bunny ran up to a familiar yellow pegasus and showed her the tickets.

“Angel these are perfect!” Fluttershy said happily. Spike snatched the tickets out of Angels grasp and glared at him.

“These are mine.” Spike said as he made eye contact with Angel.

“You’re so lucky to go to the Gala, I’ve always wanted to go.” Fluttershy said. Spike let out a loud groan of annoyance because this is the fifth time someone had said that in a hour.

“I would love to see all of the little critters in the garden. The most beautiful flowers are there and even cuter birds. There are the sweetest little humming birds, the cutest buzzard, and the fluffiest blue jays.” Fluttershy swooned.

“Wow that’s surprisingly cute.” Rainbow dash said.

“Have you been following us?” Spike asked.

“Yes I mean uh no, maybe. The point is that you lost the race, so hand over the ticket.” She said while sticking out her hoof.

“Now just wait a dog on second.” Applejack said as she walked up.

“Were you following us too?” Twilight asked.

“No I was following her to make sure she didn’t try any funny buisness.” Applejack said, glaring at Rainbow.

“I’m just making sure he doesn’t lose my ticket.” She said smugly.

“But I thought he was giving the ticket to me!” Pinkie whined out.

“Clearly he’s giving the ticket to me.” Rarity said.

“If he doesn’t want to give the ticket to anyone then that’s fine.” Fluttershy said softly.

They all started to talk over each other loudly. Spike covered his ears because of the yelling.

“ENOUGH!” Twilight shouted making everyone but Pinkie be quiet.

“And I said oatmeal are you crazy... oh.” Pinkie pies said in realization that everyone had stopped talking.

“Spike made his decision and you have to respect that.” Twilight said. Rarity, Rainbow dash, and Pinkie hung there head in shame. Applejack and Fluttershy nodded there heads in agreement.

“Come on Spike, lets get something to eat.” Twilight said as she walked off. Spike followed her closely.

“I kinda feel bad now.” Fluttershy said as rubbed her arm.

“Yeah.... I’ll just need to try harder for the ticket.” Pinkie pie said.

“Darling if anyone’s going to get that ticket, it’s going to be me.” Rarity said.

“Oh please it’s definitely going to be me.” Rainbow said.

“Now hold on there, didn’t Twi just say to stop buggin Spike bout the ticket.” Applejack said sternly.

“I’m not bothering him about it, I’m just letting him know what a great friend I am.” Rarity said as she started to walk away.

“Yeah and I’m just going to check on this thing I’m doing.” Rainbow said as she flew off.

“And I’m totally not going to make cupcakes for a trade.” Pinkie said as she backed away. Before Applejack could stop them they all ran off in different directions.

“Oh no.” Fluttershy said softly.


Twilight and Spike sat at an outside table at a restaurant. They had already ordered their food and they were just chatting.

“Ponies can sure get crazy over a ticket.” Spike said as he picked petals from a flower that was in a vase on the table.

“This is for the biggest event of the year, of course ponies would get crazy over it.” Twilight said. A loud crack of thunder boomed, making Spike scream and cover his ears. He looked up only to see that it was pouring rain. Both Twilight and Spike were completely dry. They both looked up to see an opening in a cloud above them.

“Hey there best friend, enjoying the nice weather?” Rainbow dash said innocently. Spike growled angerily.

“Bribing me won’t make me give you the ticket!” He shouted.

“What do you mean, I would never bribe my best friend.” Rainbow said as she batted her eyes. Spike glared at her until she let out a defeated sigh.

“Okay fine.” She said angerily before closing the cloud. Spike immediately regretted his decision when cold rain poured over him. He looked over to Twilight who was shivering. Rarity walked down the path with an umbrella over her.

“Twilight darling it’s raining.” She said as if it hadn’t been obvious.

“No, really?” Twilight said sarcastically making Spike snicker.

“Come with me before you two catch a cold.” Rarity said.

Spike looked st her suspiciously. “We’ll make it to the library, it’s closer. And I wouldn’t want to trouble you now would I.” Spike said bitterly. Another boom of thunder echoed through the sky. Spike let out a loud scream and started to tear up. Twilight levitated him on her back and ran after Rarity.


They all enterted the boutique, Twilight and Spike dripping wet. Rarity handed them both a towel so they can dry off.

“Once you two dry off I have some marvelous outfits I want you to try on.” Rarity said as she made her way to her workstation.

“Oh goody.” Spike said sarcastically as he folded up both of the towels and placed them on a nearby table.

Twilight chuckled. “Oh come on, it can be that bad.” She said as they entered the workstation. Rarity ran over to Twilight with a dress and slipped it on her.

“Oh darling you look simply beautiful.” Rarity complimented. Twilight looked in the mirror to see a sparkly blue dress with star patterns on them. She smiled at her appearance.

Rarity enetered the room with a sea foam green dress on. She had on teal heels a made her way to Twilight.

“Just imagine, both of us at the Gala, being the most gorgeous ones there.” Rarity said, putting the image in her mind. Twilight took a step away from her.

“You can’t try to make me take the ticket away from Spike, this is his desicion.” Twilight said angrily. Rarity turned around a looked at Spike with puppy dog eyes.

“No.” Spike said blandly. He looked out the window to see that it had stopped raining. “Oh look the rain stopped, let’s go Twi.” Spike said as he made his way to the front door. Twilight quickly took off the dress and followed him. They both walked down the wet streets of Ponyville.

“I can believe that she tried to make you take the ticket from me! Element of Generosity my butt.” Spike said bitterly.

“That was really shallow.” Twilight said in agreement. They both approached the library, only to see that the doors were wide open. Spike stood in front of Twilight protectively. He made a ‘shh’ motion and slowly walked inside.

They both stopped walking when the saw piles of cupcakes littering the floor. Applejack and Fluttershy stood there. “We tried to stop her, but when we came it was to late.” Fluttershy said in disbelief.

Pinkie cartwheeled over to Spike and held out a cupcake for him. “Here’s a gemstone cupcake for my most super duper best friend ever.” She said with a large grin. Rainbow dash and Rarity rushed in the library.

“Hey Spike, if you can’t get to Cloudsdale before me, I get the ticket.” Rainbow dash said. Rarity nudged her out of the way.

“Darling have some class and have a tea party with me.” Rarity said.

Spike slapped the cupcake out of Pinkies hoof angrily. He stormed upstairs without saying a word. “Spike wait!” Twilight shouted. She turned around at the three now guilty mares.

“Go upstairs and apologize to him right now.” She said sternly. Rainbow dash, Pinkie, and Rarity made there way upstairs. Twilight, Applejack, and Fluttershy followed close behind.

They all entered the room to see Spike sitting at a desk. Rarity cleared her throat to get his attention. “We didn’t mean to put so much pressure on you, we were being selfish.”

“I don’t like making my friends feel bad, it makes me feel all icky inside.” Pinkie said.

“Look we’re just trying to say-“ Rainbow started before Spike cut her off.

“I know that you're trying to apologize but it doesn’t matter, I sent my ticket back to Tia.” Everyone gasped in shock.

“But why, I thought you really wanted to go!” Pinkie pie shouted.

“Eh, I think that the Gala is really boring anyways. I only go cause of Twilight.” Spike replied.

“Spike I had no idea that you didn’t like the Gala.” Twilight said. Spike shrugged his shoulders before letting out a burp.

A letter appeared. He opened it and read it out loud. ”Dear Spike, why didn’t you say anything in the first place. I would be more then happy to let your friends got to the Gala.” He read out as he pulled out six tickets.

All the mares cheered in excitement.

“WE’RE GOING TO THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA!”