• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,293 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,293

Prank gone wrong

Twilight and Spike sat on a park bench as Pinkie pie rambled loudly.

“She was like a stunt superstar, flying higher and higher, and then Rainbow Dash swooped down and right before she hit the ground—shoom-she pulled up— vrrrrm!” Pinkie pie said as she zoomed around while making sound effects.

“Uh huh.” Twilight said, obviously not paying attention.

“And then she looped around and around like whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!” She said as she spun in circles to demonstrate.

“Uh huh.” Twilight said as she flipped to the next page of her book. Spike looked up as he saw Rainbow Dash fly over head.

“Isn’t that Rainbow right there?” He asked as he pointed up to the sky. Pinkie pie gasped and ran after her while shouting her name loudly.

Twilight and Spike finally sat in silence. “Thanks Spike.” Twilight said as she enjoyed the silence.

“No problem.” He said as he smiled. They both turned their heads when they heard Rainbow dash scream. She flew off quickly as Pinkie pie hopped behind her excitedly.
Twilight chuckled at the sight before she continued reading.

Spike swung his legs off of the side of the bench and closed his eyes, listening to the birds sing. It was so peaceful.

“AHA!” Twilight shouted, making Spike jump. “I think I just found the formula to Mage Meadowbrooks healing potion!” She said excitedly.

“That’s great Twi.” Spike said happily. Twilight stood up from the bench. “I need to study this further, let’s go back to the library.” Spike nodded his head and they both walked down the dirt path.

They both soon entered the busy town. Ponies were walking and playing around peacefully. Spike didn’t want to admit it, but this was a really nice change from Canterlot. It was nice to see ponies that weren’t stuck with their heads so far up that they could almost reach there as-

Spikes thoughts got cut off when he heard Rainbow Dash screaming and Pinkie pie still chasing her. When they finally reach the library, they felt the cool air wash over them. It was so much better than being in the hot sun.

Twilight walked over to her bookshelf and grabbed a book called ‘Potions and Spells’. “Spike, can you grab my beakers and test tubes?” She asked. He nodded his head and made his way to the basement. The basement was way colder than the rest of the house. He shiver ran down his spine. He quickly grabbed the beakers and test tubes and ran back upstairs.

Spike walked in the room to see that Twilight had gotten everything ready for the experiment. “Here ya go Twi.” Spike said as he handed her the beakers and test tubes.

“Thanks Spike.” She said as she walked over to grab a scroll and quill. She noticed that they were almost out of scrolls. “Hey Spike, do you mind going to pick up some scrolls?”

Spike froze. ”l guess it’ll be alright, Twilights going to be safe inside.” Spike thought to himself. “Sure thing Twi.” He said as he made his way out the door. He walked through the town, on his way to town hall.

The mayor said that she would glad to let Twilight use as many scrolls as she needed from town hall for her research. He entered town hall and walked down a long hallway to a back room were the scrolls were held.

As Spike grabbed some scrolls, he couldn’t help to feel like he was being watched. He looked around only to see nobody was there. Spike walked out of the room and made his way outside.

BOOM

Spike screamed and dropped the scrolls to covers his ears as the thunder cracked through the sky. He heard loud laughter coming from in front of him. He opened his eyes to see Rainbiw dash and Pinkie Pie laughing. His heart was pounding and hands started to shake slightly.

“Oh no, you’re not hurt are you?” Pinkie asked concernedly. Spike looked down as his hands and closed his eyes. He slowly counted to ten in his head. When he finished he look back up at Pinkie.

“I’m fine, but please don’t do that again.” Spike said. He noticed that the scrolls had scattered across the ground. He let out a groan and started to pick up the scrolls.

Once he finished he looked up to see that Rainbow and Pinkie were long gone. He sighed and made his way back to the library. Spike made sure not to walk into anything because the scrolls were blocking his vision. He soon approached the library and opened the door.

“Twilight I’m back!” He shouted as he put the scrolls neatly on a shelf. Spike walked in the room to Twilight, only to see she was wearing lab goggles.

“Thanks Spike, you’re the best.” She said as gave him a small kiss on the head. Everything on the table had been set up in perfect order, not the jumbled mess that had been on the table before.

Spike sat and watched Twilight pour a red liquid into the test tube. The liquid started to boil and Twilight turned around and scribbled something down on a paper. She put a purple flower in the liquid and turned back to the notes.

Twilight looked in shock as she saw the notes she had taken were gone. She looked back at the experiment that was now boiling heavily. She looked at the back notes before she heard a loud boom from behind her. The experiment had exploded. Smoke, glass, and suds covered the house.

Spike quickly got up an ran over to Twilight. “Are you okay?” He grabbed her face and checked for cuts or bruises. When he didn’t find any he let out a sigh of relief. They both heard loud laughter from outside.

They both looked out of the window to see Rainbow dash and Pinkie pie laughing loudly. Twilight rolled her eyes and Spike let out a growl.

“Let it go, they were just having fun.” Twilight said as she walked away from the window.

“What If you got hurt? That wouldn’t be so fun now would it.” Spike said angerily. Twilight sighed and handed him a mop.

“Spike I don’t have time to have this conversation with you. Let’s start cleaning before it gets late because this is going to take a while.” Twilight said as she swept up the remains of broken glass.

Spike sighed and started to mop.


Spike woke up to feel warm hooves wrapped around him. He opened his eyes to see that he was pressed against Twilights body. It wasn’t like he wasn’t used to it. Everytime he had a nightmare he would climb in Twilights bed, which was basically every night.

He looked out the window to see that it was about 9’clock. All that cleaning had really tuckered them out. Spike softly tapped on Twilights face in an attempt to wake her up.

“Hey Twi, wake up.” He whispered as he flicked her nose. She turned over to her other side to avoid waking up.

“I don wanna...” Twilight mumbled out sleepily. Spike rolled his eyes.

“Twilight it’s almost nine.” He said bluntly. Twilights eyes snapped open and she quickly sat up straight up.

“NINE?!” Twilight shouted. She hopped out of her bed and ran downstairs. Spike rolled out of bed and went to go follow her. When he got down stairs he saw Twilight pulling out a Bunsen burner.

“Why are you in such a rush?” Spike asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

“I need to solve Mage Meadowbrooks potion so I can send a letter to the Princess right away!” Twilight said as she pulled out a test tube holder. She rummaged through her the cabinet and pulled out a few test tubes and a single beaker.

“Didn’t I have another beaker?” Twilight asked.

“One of the beakers exploded yesterday.” Spike said.

“I’ll get another one later.” Twilight said as she rummaged through the cabinet. “Shoot, that was my last fresh lavender. I really needed it.” Twilight said dissapointedly.

An idea popped in Spikes head.”She’ll be in the house by herself, I guess I can get lavender.” Spike thought to himself. “I’ll get you some.” He said happily.

“Are you sure, I know you don’t like being alone.” Twilight said.

Spike scoffed. “I’ll be fine Twilight, this helps know the town by myself.” She looked at him skeptically before giving in.

“Fine just stay safe okay. Twilight said. Spike nodded his head and made his way outside. He felt the warm sun wash over his body.

Spike walked into the town. Ponies were selling products and just having a good time. Spike looked around to see Fluttershy walking backwards, leading a group of ducks somewhere. She wasn’t watching where she was going and accidentally walked into a griffon named Gilda. Pinkie had came over and complained about her yesterday while he and Twilight were cleaning.

“Oh I’m so sorry.” Fluttershy said in an apologetic tone. Gilda scowled down at her.

“Hey, you better watch were you’re going loser.” She spat out bitterly.

“I’m sorry I was just-“ Gilda cut her off.

“Shut up you dingus!” She shouted. Fluttershy cowered in fear and Gilda towered over her. Spike had seen enough.

“Hey back off!” Spike said as he stood in front of Fluttershy proctectively.

“What are you gonna do pipsqueak, you’re just a baby.” She spat out. Spike stared at her with a cold glare.

“Do you have nothing better to do with your life but scare innocent ponies, because that’s just shallow and sad.” He said.

Gilda looked taken aback at the comment. “I um... you! Ugh.” Gilda said as she failed to think of a comeback. She glared at Soike before flying away.

Fluttershy wrapped her arms around Spike. “Thank you so much.” She said happily as she hugged him tightly. Spike patted her on the head softly.

“No problem Fluttershy.” He said as he started to walk away.

”Now to get some lavender.” He thought to himself as he made his way to a big field


Gilda sat on a cloud angrily, her face red and steam coming out of her ears. ”I can’t believe that brat told me off like that.” She thought as her tail twitched like a cat.

“Hey Gilda, what’s up?” Rainbow dash asked as she sat next to her. Gilda pouted before an idea popped in her head.

“I have a great for a idea prank.” She said slyly. Rainbow dash’s eyes lit up.

“Whose it gonna be on?” She asked excitedly. Gilda smirked.

“Have you ever seen that baby dragon?” Gilda asked. Rainbow dash’s face dropped.

“We can’t prank Spike, he panics easily.” Rainbow dash said.

”Even better.” Gilda thought with a smirk. She wrapped her wing around Rainbow.

“Oh come on, it’s just a harmless little prank, it won’t even harm anyone.” Gilda said.

Rainbow dash was in deep thought for a second before breaking out into a grin. “So what’s the plan.” She asked.

Gilda smiled evilly. “Have you ever heard of a Roc?”


Spike was kneeling over a bed of flowers. He carefully picked up lavender from the ground. It was so peaceful and quiet with no ponies in sight. The birds chirped happily before going silent. He looked around in confusion at the sudden silence.

Thats when he heard it. A loud caw echoed through the sky. Spike’s heart started to pound loudly. He looked up in panic to see a large silhouette in the shape of a bird. He could hear his heart pounding in his ears.

Spike started to hyperventilate and tears welled up in his eyes. The bird was getting closer and closer. Spike dropped to the ground and covered his head.

The bird landed in front of him to reveal Rainbow dash and Gilda strapped to a giant wooden bird as if it were a sleigh. They both laughed loudly.

“Hahaha you should’ve seen the look on your face!” Rainbow dash said between giggles. Spike still stayed on the ground, shaking violently.

“Spike are you okay?” Rainbow dash asked concernly. She put her hoof on his back only for Spike to scream loudly.

“NO!” Spike shouted fearfully. He continued to sob into his hands as Gilda continued to laugh.

“Wow and I thought dragons were supposed to be tough!” Gilda said as she laughed.

“Gilda this isn’t funny, I thinks he’s hurt!” Rainbow dash said.

“Well that isn’t my problem.” Gilda said as she stretched her wings.

“I’m going to go get Twilight, stay with him until I get back.” Rainbow said as she dashed off. Gilda scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“What a loser, you know that right?” Gilda said as she circled Spike. Spike was still hyperventilating.

“That’ll teach you to mess with me.” Gilda said as she glared down at him.

“SPIKE!” Twilight shouted as she ran past Gilda. She touched his back causing him to scream again.

“Come on Spike, it’s me.” Twilight said softly. Spike slowly looked up at shed before running into her arms and sobbing loudly.

“It’s okay, I’m here.” Twilight said as she said as she stroked his head. As Spike calmed down, he let out a sniffle.

”I wanna go home.” Spike muttered out.

“Okay let’s go home.” Twilight said as she placed Spike on her back. He cuddled into her back as they made their way back home.


They both entered the peaceful library. Twilight put Spike on her bed and handed him Starry. He cuddled into to her tightly.

“I'll be back.” Twilight said as she walked downstairs. Spike looked down at his hands to see that they were still shaking.

“One, two, three, four, five...” Spike started to count before crying into his hands again. “Just calm down everything is fine.” He mumbled in an attempt to calm himself down.

Twilight walked back up the stairs with a cup of tea. She handed it to Spike and laid next to him on the bed.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asked. Spike looked at his to see that his hands were shaking again. He choked out another sob.
Twilight placed the tea on her nightstand and hugged him tightly.

“Oh Spike.” She said. Twilight felt so warm and safe. Spike closed his eyes. There moment was interrupted when they heard the doorbell ring.

Twilight got up to answer the door leaving Spike alone. He had calmed down a lot. Rainbow dash and Pinkie pie walked up the stairs with Twilight behind them.

“I heard about what happened so I brought brownies!” Pinkie pie said sympathetically. She handed him a container of brownies.

Rainbow dash rubbed the back of her head. “I’m sorry that Gilda was such a jerk, I would have never invited her if I knew.” She said.

“Don’t worry about it, it wasn’t you’re fault anyway.” Spike said as took a bite of a brownie.

“Besides I know who my real friends are.”