• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,291 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,291

Chaotic outputs

Spike held a stack of books in his arms, trying to balance himself so he didn’t fall over.

“Twilight I don’t think we have to clean the library every week.” Spike said as he put the books on the floor. He heard Twilight let out an over dramatic gasp from the other room.

“We absolutely have to! What if one day we miss a cleaning day? Then we would have a huge mess!” Twilight shouted dramatically. Spike rolled his eyes.

“I doubt that would ever happen, can it at least be every two....?” Spike trailed off when he looked out the window.

“Twilight I think you need to see this!” Spike shouted. He heard Twilights hooves approach him. Her eyes widened in shock at what she saw.


The clouds were cotton candy and some Pegasi were getting trapped in them. The rain was brown and a herd of rabbits stomped by with legs as long as giraffes.

“What in Equestria is going on!” Twilight exclaimed. Spike shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know, but it must be something big.” Spike said.

“Come on Spike, let’s go check on our friends.” Twilight said. Spike nodded his head and they both walked outside. When they went outside it was complete choas. Street lights had come to life, buildings were upside down, and books flew around like birds. Some brown rain landed on Spikes nose and he put some on his finger, sticking his tongue out to lick it.

“Don’t eat it, that could be poison for all we know!” Twilight exclaimed. Spike ignored her and licked it.

“Calm down it’s chocolate milk.” Spike said. Twilight let out a breath of relief. A loud bang came from across the town, making both of them turn there heads.

“I think that came from Sweet Apple Acres!” Twilight exclaimed. They both started to make there way to Sweet Apple Acres, hoping nothing bad happened.


Twilight and Spike approached Sweet Apple Acres to see that everything was turned upside down. Rainbow Dash chased a cotton candy cloud, only to get stuck in it. The corn swelled up before popping and turning into popcorn. Apples grew so big that a few trees snapped in half holding their weight. A few of Fluttershys rabbits started to eat an apple. Suddenly, with a burst of light, the rabbits had legs as long as giraffes and the galloped away. Pinkie pie giggled and opened her mouth, letting the chocolate milk pour in. Rarity stood there with a fancy raincoat and an umbrella attached to her like a saddle.

“Don’t worry everpony, I have a new spell that can stop all of this!” Twilight exclaimed. She started to strain her body as her horn glowed brightly. The glowing quickly stopped as if a lightbulb blew out. Twilight opened one eye to see the results. Her eyes widened at what she saw.

“It.. it didn’t work.” Twilight said in dibelief. Spike gave Twilight a look of concern.

“At least you tried.” Spike said, trying to comfort her. Twilight looked at the chaos around her before and idea popped into her head.

“Rainbow, can you corral all those clouds in one corner of the sky? Applejack, I need you to bring those high-strung storm clouds down to Earth.” Twilight ordered. Rainbow dash and Applejack nodded there head and got to work. Pinkie pie gave a confused look when the rain stop pouring down her throat.

“Hey, what happening?” Pinkie shouted. Rainbow put the cotton candy clouds on the ground and Applejack quickly lassoed them, making them stick to the ground. Twilight walked over Fluttershy and whisper something in her ear. Fluttershy broke out into a grin.

“Oh dear. I hope none of the animals see these delicious chocolate-filled cotton candy clouds. I'd hate to have to share them.” Fluttershy said in a stage whisper.

“You and me both sister!” Pinkie shouted. All of the animals turned there heads and galloped towards the cotton candy clouds. They all stuffed there faces in into the candy, munching on it happily. Pinkie pie squeezed through the animals and started to eat with them.

“And when y'all are done with that, feel free to have some popcorn for dessert!” Applejack said while gesturing towards all of the popcorn. Twilight put her hoof on her chin.

“What could be causing all of this?” Twilght asked. Spike gagged slightly before burping up a letter. Spike picked up the letter and started to read.

“The Princess wants to see us immediately!”


“Princess Celestia! We came as fast as we could!” Twilight shouted as they all ran through the castle doors. Celestia turned around and gave them a greatfull smile.

“Thanks you Twilight Sparkle, thank you all.” Celestia said.

“Is this about the weather? And the animals' weird behavior? What's happening out there? Why isn't my magic working? Is there–” Twilight got cut off when Celestia raised her hoof.

“Follow me.” Celestia said as she walked out of the room. They all entered a long hallway filled with stained glass windows.

“I've called you here for a matter of great importance. It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago, has returned. His name... is Discord.” Celestia said as she showed them a large window. The creature on the window had the head of a pony, the body of a snake, and the wing of a bat. He was made up of multiple different creatures. Fluttershy let out a whimper of fear.

“Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony. Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. Luna and I saw how miserable life was for Earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns alike, so after discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him, turning him to stone.” She said while gesturing towards a window. It was of her and Luna using the Elements of Harmony against Discord.

“I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever, but since Luna and I are no longer connected to the Elements, the spell has been broken.” She said as she walked over to a large door.

“ This is Canterlot Tower, where the Elements are kept inside since all of you recovered them. I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again and stop Discord before he thrusts all of Equestria into eternal chaos.” Celestia said.

“But why us? Why don’t you-“ Twilight was cut off by Pinkie pointing out a window a shouting.

“Hey look, we’re famous!” Pinkie shouted excitedly. The window showed Twilight floating in the air with her crown on. Applejack, Rainbow dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie pie, and Rarity stood behind her with there Elements of Harmony on. Nightmare Moon stood there with a large magical orb around her.

“You six showed the full potential of the Elements by harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe. Although Luna and I once wielded the Elements, it is you who now control their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord!” Celestia exclaimed dramatically.

“Don’t worry Princess, you can count on-“

“Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!” Pinkie shouted, cutting off Twilight. Everybody stared at Pinkie.

“Don’t listen to her Princess. We’d be honored to use the Elements if Harmony again.” Twilight said proudly. Celestia smiled. Her horn started to glow and the door in front of her glowed with it. The door opened and Celestia pulled out a small golden case with gems encrusted on the sides.

“Ooh, forget about the Elements, I’ll take the case!” Rarity said with starts in her eyes. Spike rolled his eyes.

“Have no fear, ponies. I have total confidence that you will be able to defeat Discord with these!” Celestia said as she slowly opened the case. Everybody gasped in shock.

“The Elements! They’re gone!” Twilight shouted in disbelief. Celestia dropped the case in shock.

“That chamber is protected by a powerful spell that only I can break! This doesn't make sense!” Celestia shouted. Suddenly, chilling laughter echoed around the room.

“Make sense? Now what’s the fun in making sense?” The voice said. Everyone huddle together while Spike and Celestia got into defensive stances.

“Discord, show yourself!” Celestia shouted. The window with Celestia and Luna defeating Discord started to move ever so slightly. Suddenly, the Discord on the window started to move.

“Did you miss me, Celestia? I missed you. It's quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know that, would you, because I don't turn ponies into stone.” Discord said with a smirk.

“Enough! What did you do with the Elements?” Celestia asked sternly. Discord let out a giggle.

“Oh I just borrowed them for a teensy little while.” Discord said before snapping his fingers and disappearing from the window.

“You’ll never get away with this Discord!” Celestia shouted. Discord appeared in a different window.

“Oh, I'd forgotten how grim you can be, Celestia. It's really quite boring.“ He said while tracing his fingers across the glass design. Spike let out a defensive growl.

“Hey! Nobody insults the Princess!” Rainbow dash shouted. She charged at Discord, ready to attack. Rainbow dash face planted into the window and fell to the floor.

“Oh, you must be Rainbow Dash, famed for her loyalty, the Element of Harmony you represent.” Discord said. Rainbow dash puffed up her chest.

“That right! I’m always loyal to the Princess!” Rainbow dash said.

“We’ll see about that.” Discord said slyly. Rarity scoffed.

“I can’t believe we’re wasting our time talking to a window.” Rarity said. Discord appeared in the window in front of her, gazing down at her.

“The beautiful Rarity, representing the element of generosity, if I'm not mistaken?” Discord said. Applejack rolled her eyes.

“So what, you know who we are, big deal.” Applejack said.

“Oh, I know much more than that, honest Applejack.” Discord said.

“You seem to know our strengths too.” Twilight pointed out.

“Yes, Twilight Sparkle, and yours is the most powerful and elusive element, magic. Fluttershy's is kindness and Pinkie Pie's is a personal favorite of mine - laughter.” Discord said as he sat on window Twilights head.

“Stop stalling, Discord! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?” Celestia shouted sternly.

“Oh, so boring, Celestia. Really? Fine, I'll tell you, but I'll only tell you my way. To retrieve your missing Elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began. Discord said before letting out an evil cackle and disappearing.

“Can we go home now?” Fluttershy asked in a whisper, shaking like a leaf. Spike walked up to her and gave her a comforting hug.

“What do you reckon he meant?” Applejack asked. Twilight put her hoof on her chin, mumbling the riddle to herself.

“That’s it! I bet Discord hid the Elements in the Palace Labyrith!” Twilight exclaimed. Celestia gave a nod.

“Good luck my subjects. The fate of Equestrian is in your hooves.” Celestia said. Twilight saluted Celestia.

“We won’t let you down Princess!” Twilight said before running out the castle doors.


The approached a laybrith with large wall like hedges. Fluttershy let out a nervous gulp.

“Do we have to go in there?” She asked. Rainbow dash smirked.

“Not when I have these babies!” Rainbow dash exclaimed, opening her wings. She launched herself from the ground and started to fly over the labryth. Suddenly, with a bright light, Rainbow dash fell to the ground with a thud. She groggily opened her eyes and looked at her wings. They were gone.

“MY WINGS!” Rainbow dash shouted in fear. Fluttershy let out a squeak of fear when she noticed her wings were gone to. Rarity and Twilight screamed when they saw both of their horns were gone. Loud hysterical laughter surrounded them.

“You should have seen you faces. Utterly priceless.” Discord said, wiping a tear from his eye. Fluttershy hid behind Spike in fear. Twilight approached Discord.

“Give us our horns and wings back!” Twilight demanded.

“You'll get them back in good time. I simply took them to ensure there's no cheating. You see, this is the first rule of our game: no flying, and no magic.” Discord said. Spike gave him an angry look.

“Oh and don’t even think about burning through the labyrinth, I took away your fire breathing.” Discord said. Spike gave him a look of shock.

“The second rule is everypony has to play or the game is over, and I win. Good luck, everypony!” Discord said with an evil laugh before disappearing.

“Don’t worry guys, we can make it through as long as we stay together!” Twilight said enthusiastically.

“Yeah, we can do this!” Rainbow dash shouted.

“Together!” Everyone said in unison, taking one step forward. Suddenly, large hedges came in between them, creating a barrier. Everyone let out screams of fear.

“Twilight?” Spike asked nervously.

“Don’t worry Spike, I’m here. We can just regroup in the middle of the labyrinth.” Twilight said. Everyone made sounds of approval.

“See you on the other side.” Spike said as he heard everyone run in different directions. He started to walk, hoping he wouldn’t get lost.


Spike walked around the labyrinth, nervously fiddling with his hands. He had been walking around for nearly 30 minutes.

“I wonder what Discord meant by not being able to breath fire.” Spike wondered to himself. He took a deep breath a tried to let out some fire. He started cough up smoke.

“Ugh bad idea.” Spike said to himself.

“Bad idea indeed, you almost lost the game.” A voice said. Spike quickly turned around to see Discord floating.

“If anything you’re cheating because you’re using magic right now.” Spike pointed out. Discord let out a fake gasp.

“But what’s the point of that, it’s not fun.” Discord said floating. Spike let out a soft growl.

“What do you want.” Spike said bitterly.

“Oh I just want to talk about your relationship with Twilght.” Discord said.

“That’s none of you concern.” Spike said as he started to walked away. Discord teleported in front of him.

“Oh come on, you don’t want to see what she really thinks of you?” Discord asked. Spike thought for a few moments.

“I guess.” Spike said softly. Discord clapped his hands together.

“Oh this will be perfect!” Discord said as he pulled out a projector and a bag of popcorn. He pressed play on the projector. The video started, revealing all of his friends talking to each other. It looked like they were in the middle of the labyrinth.

”Ugh Spike is so annoying, I don’t know why I even keep him around.” Twilight said to her friends. Everyone nodded there head in agreement. “Yeah he’s more annoying then Pinkie, and I didn’t even think that was possible.” Rainbow dash said. “Darling You should just get rid of him, dragons are so uncouth after all.” Rarity suggested. Twilight smiled. “Yeah that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” Suddenly the video cut off, only leaving static. Spike hadn’t realized that he had been crying.

“N-no Twilight would never do that, she’s my best friend.” Spike said. Discord smirked.

“She clearly doesn’t care for you and she never did.” Discord said. Spike fell to his knees and let hot tears roll down his cheeks. He buried his head in his hands. Discord placed his finger on Spikes head and he started to turn grey. Spike stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes.

“I don’t need Twilight.”