• Published 6th Aug 2018
  • 6,292 Views, 189 Comments

Aggressively Small - ShowShine



Twilight gets a young, aggressive, protective dragon as a child

  • ...
18
 189
 6,292

Can easily be reversed

Author's Note:

I’m sorry that this is a week late, I was out of town for Christmas.

Spike heard the hedge rustle behind him. The hedge suddenly collasped, revealing Twilight, Pinkie pie, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy. Twilight gasped ran up to hug Spike.

“Spike, I found you!” Twilight exclaimed while wrapping her arms around him. Spike froze for a second before pushing her off.

“Ugh don’t touch me.” Spike said as he wiped himself off. Twilight looked taken aback by that comment.

“You weren’t worried?” Twilight asked. Spike rolled his eyes.

“Why would I be worried about a loser like you. I don’t care about you.” Spike said as he pushed past her. Twilights ears flattened.

“H-hey, that’s not very nice.” Twilight said. Spike scoffed.

“Who cares about ‘being nice’. I’m outta here.” Spike said as he started to walk away. Twilight started to follow him.

“Spike what’s wrong? You never act like this.” Twilight said concernedly. Spike rolled his eyes.

“Get off of my back, you’re not my Mom!” Spike shouted. Twilight stopped walking. She had never heard Spike mention his parents before, let alone compare her to a parental figure. Before she could say anything else, Applejack shouted something.

“Well would you look at that, Rainbow dash is flying away!” Applejack shouted, pointing to the sky. Twilight looked up in shock to see Rainbow dash flying away from the labyrinth.

“No...” Twilight whispered in fear. They had lost the game. They were never going to get the Elements back. A loud laugh echoed around them and bright light apeared, making them close there eyes. When the opened there eyes, it was revealed that they were in the middle of the labyrinth. All of the hedges were gone and seems like they were standing in a ditch. Another flash of bright light and there horns and wings were back. Discord apeared, laughing loudly. Pinkie pie growled.

“What are you laughing about?” She said with a snarl. This only cause Discord to laugh harder.

“Oh, you ponies are just the most fun I've had in aeons.” He said as he wiped a tear from his eye.

“Well, quit it! You'd better think before you laugh at the Pink...ie Pie!” She said awkwardly. Spike rolled his eyes at her stupid phrase.

“Oh yeah? Well, ha ha ha.” Fluttershy said with a sly grin.

“Quit it.” Pinkie said harshly. Fluttershy broke out into a grin.

“No. Ha ha ha.” She said again.

“I said quit it!” Pinkie shouted. Fluttershy stuck her tongue out causing Pinkie pie to tackle her to the ground. Applejack walked over to Rarity.

“Uh... Rarity? This here diamond of yours? Twilight said we should split it seven ways since we, uh, found it together.” Applejack said while rubbing the giant boulder. Rarity let out a snarl before kicking Applejacks hoof away.

“Try it punk! He’s mine!” Rarity shouted while repeatedly kicking Applejack. Spike laughed and cheered Rarity on. Twilight stood in shock.

“Guys stop! Why are acting like this?!” Twilight asked in concern. Discord continued laughing, clutching onto his sides.

“Stop it Discord, you're not playing fair.” Twilight said. Discord stopped laughing.

I'm not playing fair? Perhaps we haven't met. I'm Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony. Hello?” He said while gesturing to all of the choas he had caused.

“How are we supposed to find the Elements of Harmony when you took away the labyrinth before we could get to the end?” Twilight asked. Discord froze up before breaking down into hysterical laughter.

“You thought the Elements were in the Labyrith?! You ponies are simply rich!” Discord exclaimed. He snapped his fingers and they both appeared in the Canterlot Castle. Twilight looked to see her, her friends, and Princess Celestia standing there. It seemed like this as a flashback.

Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began” Flashback Discord said. He snapped his fingers again and they both were back in the Labyrinth.

“I never said that the Elements were inside the Labyrinth.” Discord said. Twilights ears flattened.

“But....but.” She said in a loss for words.

“Keep trying Twilight Sparkle.” Discord said. With a snap of his fingers, he disappeared. Chocolate milk rain started to come from the sky. Pinkie pie scrunched up her face in disgust.

“Ugh I hate chocolate milk!” She exclaimed.

“Think, Twilight, think! "Find the Elements back where you began." Back where you began.” Twilight muttered to herself, clutching onto her head.

“Don’t touch my gem!” Rarity shouted at Spike, who was sitting on top of the boulder. Fluttershy put her hoof on it.

“I’m touching your gem Rarity. Ha ha.” Fluttershy said. Pinkie snarled.

“What are you laughin about?!” She said angrily. Twilight groaned.

“Ugh. I just want to go home... Wait a minute... Home! "Back where you began!" The Elements must be in... Ponyville! Come on, guys. I'm certain this is what Discord's riddle really meant. If we get back to the library, I have a book that I just know can give us a clue.” Twilight said excitedly. Spike scoffed.

“Took you long enough. And I thought you were supposed to be the smart one.” Spike said bitterly. Twilights ears flattened at his crude behavior.

“Hopefully I can find the solution to this.”


Twilight finally approached the library after what felt like an eternity. Discord turned the roads into soap so they slid in different directions, he made it night so they couldn’t see, and to top it all off Twilights friends wouldn’t stop heckling her.

“Okay we’re here. Can we just please please please please please just go inside.” Twilight begged.

“I absolutely refuse.” Applejack said while walking in.

“With pleasure.” Fluttershy said while following.

“Ugh I hate libraries!” Pinkie said while looked around.

“This place is a mess, just like you.” Spike said. Twilight looked at Rarity who stayed outside, with her nose high in the air.

“Pleeeeeaaaase, we gotta hurry!” Twilight said.

“Of course someone like you would beg.” Spike said. Twilight ignored his comment.

“Forget it, Twilight. I know what you're up to. The second I go in, you'll have your little minion Spike come and take Tom!” Rarity said. Spike snarled.

“I’m not her minion, I don’t even like her!” He exclaimed bitterly.

“You’re not going in without him are you?” Twilight asked. Rarity shook her head. Twilight levitated the boulder and smashed it through the wall.

“There! It’s inside!” Twilight shouted. Rarity ran up to the boulder and rubbed its sides.

“Careful, Twilight! You'll ruin his beautiful finish.” She said as she kissed the rock. Twilight rolled her eyes and walked over to her bookshelf. On her way there, her hoof hit a book that was laying on the floor. The title read ‘The Elements of Harmony.’ Twilights face instantly lit up and she flipped through the pages of the book, looking for a clue. Her eyes widened and she let out a gasp.

“The Elements have been here the whole time!” Twilight exclaimed. She turned to her friends.

“I told you we could do it!” She said with a large grin. Everyone gave looks of disinterest and did there own thing. Twilights ears flattened in dissapointment.

“Nobody cares.” Spike said bluntly.

“I never thought it would happen. My friends... have turned into complete JERKS!” Twilight shouted angrily. She pulled out the Elements and marched over to everyone.

“Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! And... big crown thingy!” She shouted as she put the Elements on everyone. Twilight looked at the final Element that was in her hooves. She levitated Spike and put it on him.

“There, you’re the new Rainbow Dash!” Twilight exclaimed in anger. Spike looked down at the Element that was around his neck.

“This is stupid.” Spike said.

“Let's go defeat Discord so we don't ever have to talk to each other again!” Twilight shouted. Everyone walked outside except for Rarity and Twilight.

“Here comes Tom!” Twilight exclaimed. She levitated Tom out of her balcony and it crashed on the ground. Discord appeared a few feet away from the library.

“Well, well, well, I see you've found the Elements of Harmony. How terrifying!” He said sarcastically.

“I figured out your stupid riddle. You’re in for it now!” Twilight said, just wanting to get over with it. Discord giggled.

“I certainly am. You've clearly out-dueled me, and now it's time to meet my fate. I'm prepared to be defeated now, ladies. Fire when ready.” Discord said as he put on sunglasses and a giant target on himself.

“Formation now!” Twilight exclaimed. Everyone rolled there eyes and slowly walked over next to Twilight.

“Alright, let’s get this over with!” Twilight shouted. She closed her eyes and strained her body, causing the Elements to glow. All of the mares floated off of the ground. Discord tilted down his glasses in surprise. Was this actually going to work?! Suddenly, the glowing came to an abrupt halt and they all landed on the ground with a thud.

“What’s going on?” Twilght asked. Applejack poked at her Element.

“Mines fine, there must be something wrong with yours.” She said.

“I hate the Elements of Harmony!” Pinkie said while crossing her arms.

“Hmph, garbage.” Fluttershy said as she tossed her Element to the ground. Rarity rushed over to it and grabbed it.

“Mine!” She shouted greedily.

“Bravo, ponies, bravo! Harmony in Equestria is officially dead. Discord rules, Celestia drools.” Discord said while skating away on the soapy roads.

“It's your fault it didn't work.” Pinkie said, looking directly at the audience.

“Who are you talking to?” Twilight asked. Pinkie looked around.

“Any of you! ALL OF YOU! I'm outta here!” She said as she grumpily hopped away.

“I better go, too. I've got new betterfriends waiting for me at the farm.” Applejack said while walking away. Rarity pushed her boulder away.

“Yeah! I'm sick of you losers.” Fluttershy said while flying away.

“FINE! Leave! See if I care! I don't need you guys either! With friends like you, who needs...enemies...?” Twilight said. Her ears flattened as she realized that all of her friends were gone. Tears welled up in her eyes. Spike snickered, causing Twilight to look at him.

“Why are you still here? Don’t you want to insult me one last time before you leave?” Twilight asked.

“I’m just here for your misery.” Spike stated. Twilight stared at the ground for a few moments. Tears fell from her eyes and her legs started to shake. She collasped on the ground and broke down into a fit of sobs. Spike stared at her as she cried. He wanted to laugh but for some reason he couldn’t bring himself to. It felt as if he should do something like comfort her. Spike felt a warm feeling coming to his heart as the color slowly returned to him. He closed his eyes and shook his head before letting out a small gasp.

“Twilight!” Spike exclaimed.

“Go away.” Twilight said as she continued to cry. Spike walked over to her and grabbed Twilight by the cheeks, forcing her to look at him.

“Twilight this isn’t your fault and your friends don’t hate you. Discord had something to do with this.” Spike said. Twilight pulled away from his grasp and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“How do I know this isn’t some kind of trick to make me cry again?” Twilight asked.

“Discord corrupted me into hating you. You know I could never hate you.” Spike said with a soft smile. Twilight hugged Spike tightly.

“Thanks Spike.” Twilight said softly.

“No problem.” Spike answered while pulling away from the hug.

“I think I have the solution to fix our friends.” Spike said. Twilight tilted her head.

“Oh, what is it?” She asked. Spike ran into the library and came back out with a book. He handed it to Twilight.

“I remember finding that book on memory spells when we were cleaning up the library.” Spike said. Twilight flipped through the pages.

“This might actually work!”


Spike and Twilight approuched the barn in Sweet Apple Acres to see Applejack. Twilight approached her and stomped her hoof on the ground.

“Applejack, I'm here to fight for our friendship.” Twilight said. Applejack scoffed.

“Oh, now you want to fight. Where you went when I was battlin' Discord?” Applejack asked, rolling her eyes.

“You’re not a liar!” Twilight exclaimed. Her horn started to glow and Applejacks eyes widened. Her body slowly started to regain her color.

“Wh-what happened? Twilight! I saw a vision of us feudin' and fightin'. I couldn't face the truth, so I started tellin' lies. Can you ever forgive me?” Applejack asked. Twilight hugged her.

“I already have. Let’s go!” Twilight shouted as she ran off.


Spike kicked open the door to Fluttershys cottage, causing her to jump slightly.

“Ugh what do you loser want?” She asked bitterly.

“Fluttershy, you’re not mean, you’re one of the nicest ponies I know.” Twilight said. Fluttershy rolled her eyes and started to fly away.

“Whatever, I’m out of here.” She said. Applejack pulled her rope out from under her hat and lasso it around her hind leg. She pulled Fluttershy down with ease and tight her legs together. Twilight put her horn inches from Fluttershys face. The color returned to her and she blinked her eyes.

“Oh I just had the worst dream.” Fluttershy said. Twilight and Applejack smiled. Now off to Rarity.


They all walked into the boutique, only to see Rarity making out with a rock. Her head snapped around when she saw everyone staring at her. She let out a hiss.

“Stay away from my precious diamond!” She hissed out. Twilight rolled her eyes and walked up to Rarity.

“What are you doing get awa-!” Rarity was cut off as the spell took affect on her. She got up and fixed her mane. She levitated the rock out of her house and let it fall on the ground with a loud boom. She turned to her friends with a large blush.

“We will never speak of this again.”


They walked into Sugarcube Corner to see Pinkie pie stuffing her face with cake. This was going to be easy. Twilight walked over to Pinkie and did the spell. Pinkie pie broke out into a wide grin and giggled. She hopped in happily.

“I turned gray! Can you believe it?” She said with a giggle.


They all approached a large cloud house, looking for Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy flew up and looked through a window.

“She’s not here.” Fluttershy said. Everyone let out a gasp.

“Great, she could be anywhere by now!” Applejack exclaimed.

“Isn’t she right there?” Pinkie asked while pointing at a cloud. Rainbow dash laid lazily on the cloud.

“Rainbow dash!” Twilight shouted. Rainbow kept her back turned from them.

“Hey guys.” She said, waving her hoof lazily.

“We’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Twilight said.

“That’s nice.” Rainbow dash said, obviously not caring.

“Discord is still on the loose. We need the Element of Loyalty to defeat him!” Twilight said.

“Pfft. Loyalty, schmoyalty! Have you guys seen Ponyville? It's a disaster! I'm staying here in Cloudsdale where everything's awesome!” Rainbow dash said.

“How in Equestria does she think that tiny cloud is Cloudsdale?” Rarity asked.

“The same way you thought that boulder was a diamond.” Spike said with a smirk. Rarity glared at him.

“I thought we agreed to never speak of that.” She said with a large blush on her face.

“Time for plan B.” Twilght said.


They rode in a hot air balloon, next to the cloud Rainbow was sleeping on.

“Okay, Fluttershy, you grab Rainbow Dash and hold her down. Applejack will lower me down from this rope so I can cast the memory spell on her.” Twilight whispered, making sure Rainbow Dash didn’t hear. Applejack sat on top of the balloon, holding a rope in her hooves. Fluttershy nodded her head.

“Got it.” She said. She flew up to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow dash opened one eye.

“Um, do you mind if I hold you down for your will for a little bit?” Fluttershy asked softly. Spike facepalmed.

“Nice try, Ponyvilles your promblem, not mine!” Rainbow exclaimed as she flew off. Twilight lowered the rope in front of Fluttershy.

“Come on, Fluttershy, we've got to catch her. Hyah!” Twilight shouted as she tugged on the rope. Fluttershy started to fly as fast as she could, chasing after Rainbow dash. Suddenly, Rainbow dash started to do unexpected twist and turns.

“Applejack!” Twilight shouted as she tossed up a rope to Applejack. Applejack tied the rope into a lasso and it around as Rainbow dash got closer. The rope wrapped around Rainbow, causing her to look in confusion. She started to fly faster, causing the need of the rope to wrap around Rarity’s and Pinkies hind leg. They both screamed as the got pulled out of the balloon and dragged along with Rainbow. Rainbow started to slow down because of the extra weight.

“Oh, Fluttershy, would you be a dear and FLY FASTER, please?” Rarity shouted in fear. Fluttershy started to whimper and tears fell down her cheeks.

“I can’t.” She cried out softly. Spike leaned over the edge.

“If you can't catch her, Discord wins!” Spike shouted. Fluttershys eyes widened and she gritted her teeth.

“That big... dumb... MEANIE!” Fluttershy shouted. With all over her power, she sped up, inches behind Rainbow dash.

“Okay Applejack last rope, make it count!” Twilight shouted while tossing the last rope up. Applejack swung one end of the rope and it tightend around Rainbows stomach. Everybody smiled at there success and Fluttershy slowly lowered them to the ground. Everybody got out of the balloon and Applejack tightend the rope around her wings. Rainbow bucked her rear legs, attempting to escape.

“Lemme go! I don't need you guys! Leave me alone!” Rainbow shouted. Twilight walked over to her and place her horn on her head, doing the spell. Rainbow dash closed her eyes before opening them and looking around.

“How's Ponyville? Where are the Elements?! Did we stop Discord?” Rainbow asked in concern. Everyone smiled and pulled into a group hug, relieved that everyone was back to normal. A stampede of long legged rabbits ran past.

“Maybe it’s a little bit early for a group hug.” Spike said.


Discord sat on a throne in a middle of town, onlooking all of the chaos.

“Chaos is a wonderful thing.” Discord said cheerfully.

“Not as wonderful as friendship.” Twilight said, approaching his throne.

“Oh this again.” He said with a groan, rubbing his temples.

“That’s right, you couldn’t keep our friendship apart forever.” Applejack said.

“Oh, Applejack. Don't lie to me. I'm the one who made you a liar. Will you ever learn? ” Discord said, using his magic to pull her closer to him. Twilight turned around to see all of her friends were also being dragged towards him. Twilight gritted her teeth and teleported between her friends. She summoned a magic bubble to surround them and put them back on the ground. Discord let out a yawn of disinterest.

“I'll tell you what we've learned, Discord: we've learned that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!” Twilight exclaimed. Spike clapped his hands at the speech in the background. Discord let out a yawn.

“Ugh, gag. Fine, go ahead. Try and use your little Elements. Friend me. Just make it quick. I'm missing some excellent chaos here.” Discord said while sipping on a drink.

“Alright ladies, let’s show him what friendship can do!” Twilight exclaimed as her horn started to glow. They all levitated off of the ground as a bright light surrounded them. A rainbow wrapped around Discord, causing his eyes to widen.

“Huh. What's this? No. NO!!!” Discord screamed as he was being turned back into stone. First his legs, then his body, then his wings, then his arms. Lastly his face, which was left in a screaming state. His statue fell on the ground with a soft ‘clink’. A large bubble surrounded Ponyville and with a bright light, everything was back to normal.

”Whoa.” Spike whispered.


Spike stood in the throne room with Celestia with trumpets playing. Hundreds of ponies stood in the room for the celebration of the main six. The doors opened, and all of the mare walked in. They all wore there Elements. They walked down the large red carpet and up a small set of stairs to face the Princess.

“We are gathered here today to once again honor the heroism of these six friends who stood up to the villain Discord and saved Equestria from eternal chaos.” Celestia said happily. Everybody hollered and cheered at this achivement. Celestia used her magic to drape a curtain aside to reveal a window.

The window had Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie pie defeating Discord.