• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 4,850 Views, 371 Comments

Stuck in a Rainbow - theRedBrony



Rainbow Dash and some dude named Church switch places. Told from both perspectives.

  • ...
40
 371
 4,850

Human Character Pictures!

Notes:
Conner and Claire are siblings.
Claire and Morgan are in a relationship.
Danny's house is the hang out spot for the guys, it's the one with the barn full of junk.
Dyllen is just... awkward.
Church was on the track and field team when he was in high school.


Pictures by KaoKay

Comments ( 36 )

5934578 Nah, it's in my headcanon that he's reformed. I think it makes sense, he never really wanted to rule the world or anything, he just wants to be free to flex his chaos muscles. No biggy anyway, as I said, I rewrote his character in this story before any of it was even published. :eeyup:

5936924 Really? :rainbowhuh: I wonder if your standards are that low, or that the rest of those stories just suck that much. Glad you enjoy it though. :pinkiehappy:

5937356
I said enjoyable not well written :rainbowwild:
But yes, most of the others that I've seen are pretty crappy.

5938780

I said enjoyable not well written :rainbowwild:

Gee, thanks. :ajbemused:

lol

6000219 For the first time in a long time, I can honestly say:

It's coming. :pinkiehappy:

6034451 Heheheh. I warned you!

6034926 Someone's chugging this story.

Oh, sweet! This story. I'd almost forgotten about it. Haha, man, glad you finally started updating something. Being off of fimfic for a couple months has made the past couple days feel like Christmas.

6073569 I bet! There's more coming for this one.

6139280 ...No. You'll find out though. :pinkiehappy:

6168343 Glad you like it!

6331434 Glad someone is. I will get around to updating again pretty soon. Sooner that some of my other crap at least, because most of the rest is written.

6945580 Actually, dont be too sad. I do seriously have about 90% of the rest of this written. I need to write like maybe 1 more chapter, go over and revise everything, and that'll be it. It's just a matter of... everything else in life (including my other writing projects) taking precedence.

(In all honesty though, this fic has a far better shot at being finished than any of the rest of my crap.)

Get off your fat, lazy ass, sit down and write some ponies.

Where's that lobster coverart, bludgar?

7071014 Mother of Celestia... someone actually replied! It's a bit depressing to think that all of this story's readers have given up on it. My fault though. Anyway... I got 1 real chapter left, which I'll hopefully remember to publish soon, and 2 short epilogue chapters after that, and then... that's it!

I'm glad you enjoy it that much though. Hopefully I didn't disappoint - you know, other than takign for-fucking-ever to finish this. :twilightsmile:

Lobster Dash is best Dash.

7076025 Honestly, I have no idea. The character was originally written by a former friend of mine, he never clued me in on the details of Church's personality. But like the last half of the story I took over writing Church's parts, and I tried my best to keep him the same, I hope I did.

Also, welcome new reader!

Hope you can do more Human Turn Pony fic.
I'm a big fan of those kind of stuff.:twilightsheepish:

Well, I read the story, and it was fun, I liked it... Who could think the changelings are the good guys after everything? I don't suposse you are going to make more extra chapters or a sequel.

7125333 *inhales through clenched teeth*

Eenope. :eeyup:

I'm happy that you enjoyed it, but uh, I'm not up for writing anything more for this, that's why the endings were pretty final. Thanks for the compliment though! :raritywink:

7133260 Why thank you!

7179425 Well I'm glad you liked it so much. And I'm surprised that I, of all people, was the one to update something. Thanks for reading it, yo.

This was a fun, well rounded story. A bit dumb and lazy at times, but overall very well thought out. Changelings weren't... totally intolerable, and the humans had distinct character to them. And human in pony stories are kind of hard to come by, so I appreciate you exploring that for a while.

Wait, are the Changelings trying to save Equestria, by making Dash so miserable she wishes to leave?

No to the first half, yes to the second. They're not trying to save Equestria - or, at least, they were not initially trying to save Equestria. They're actually trying to save their own sorry asses after Chrysalis screwed them over, with the only option they have left: make an ally out of Equestria and beg for help.

7791137

but overall very well thought out

:rainbowderp: Really? I just threw this drivel together and hoped for the best I mean, thanks! I worked really hard on this! :raritywink:

In all seriousness, this was a doomed collab project from the get-go. With two idiots each writing half of the story, relying half the time on the roll of the die, and not actually having an ending planned was pretty dumb. Not to mention that one of the clowns quit halfway through, leaving me holding the bags. So the first half was me and Geta being stupid (and having a bit of fun), and the last half was me frantically trying to tie the first half together, and to write a last half that made sense and gave some closure.

7792932

Well it worked, so good job. Most of us can only wish we had someone to collaborate with, so even if he quit early, I'm respectfully envious.

7792974 Tell you a secret? You're not missing much.

7793269

Didn't mean to imply it was fun. It's an accomplishment.

need a sequel where both church and dash in Equestria.

7882177 You are right, but the point I was trying to get across is that the changelings are just that good at what they are doing - so good that nobody noticed anyone missing. The SWAT was sent because Morgan convinced a neighboring town's police that there was a hostage situation in one barn, they didn't have any idea the scope of the situation as they went in.

This was good. When I started reading this, story-tracking did not exist. Then came the hiatus. Over half a decade later, I noticed that the story updated and finished it.

9579517 I don't know if I'd go so far as 'good' but I think it turned out alright. It was effectively a failed writing experiment for the first half, and then me improvising the second half. There were times when I was pulling my hair out writing it, and other times when I had more fun writing it than writing anything else. It was a source of constant frustration for the entire hiatus, and a big relief when it was finally finished. The one thing I remember it fondly for, was being able to shoehorn in as many stupid jokes as I wanted to. There will probably never be another piece of writing that I do that will involve the Monty Python Spam sketch, 10 different movie references, a reference to My Little Dashie and another to Hendrix's Purple Haze, and changelings - who are the good guys - invading a human town - all in the same story.

But thanks for reading it, anyway. :yay:

9579594

You are welcome.

Login or register to comment