• Member Since 21st Nov, 2016
  • offline last seen 12 hours ago

Silver Inkwell


"Take me away to a dream and I will live like it was real, wake me up to reality and I'll live it like it was a dream."

E

Twilight finds another book that's yet another gift from Discord, she refuses to open it but chaos ensues naturally enough of course, so what happens next exactly? Please read and find out...

(This is my response to/ inspired by 101 Interesting Facts About Draconequi)

Chapters (7)
Comments ( 15 )

Tell me why you don't like it, please.

(The author of the previous story didn't specifically say yes or no to this, thus I take what loopholes I can get.)

So. Does the word "INCOMING!" mean anything to you?

This is my sincere advice: log off from FIMFic and no matter how strong the temptation is, don't check back in until tomorrow morning. It might be a little easier to deal with things all at once.

You might manage to skate through this. Or you might wind up in a place where you're going to need some time for bracing yourself. But either way, your title will be noticed. And then there's a very good chance that those people will see the sequel tag, name of the author, your parenthetical comment, and then...

...well -- incoming.

7948246
Yeah, he said that, so not a YES or NO.

7951558
Incoming apparently doesn't mean anything to me.

No, that would be running away from the problem, and I AM DONE WITH THAT.

7951555 I dislike this, because you use 'too' too often. Too = More then enough of something.

7951585

Part of the problem is that you directly tagged it as a sequel.

Look -- writers set off ideas in each other all the time. But there are levels involved here, and you just placed this work on a plane which represents a major drop below some of the other options. The order might go something like this:

* With permission and assistance from the original author. (Direct sequel.)
* In tribute to. (The original writer is gone and you want to honor them.)
* Inspired by. (Similar theme or just an idea which came from reading the first piece, but nothing close to a copy.)
* Personal vision which isn't meant to replace or belittle the original, but just shows how I would have done it. (Alternate history.)










* "The author of the previous story didn't specifically say yes or no to this, thus I take what loopholes I can get." (Incoming.)

You planted the seed. But you won't have any control over the harvest.

Good luck.

7951629
I FIXED IT OH MY GOSH ALREADY!!!

(Thank you though for pointing it out.)

7951629
Looks like this would be 'Inspired by' then.

7951629
Define 'Incoming'
(Hate?)

7951555 I haven't read both.

But I think the reason is because, people here who latch onto a good story hate seeing , what they think of as add on's or doubles of the same idea.

It's like to them seeing those weird rip off movies you find at the store.

kung Fu panda and then Fighter panda.

They feel you are trying to claim fame off anothers spotlight.

......Rawr.

Well I read your story.

It has a lack of detail. just voices bouncing around.

I only giggled at fact 179 and 180.

Overall was Ok-ish?

I'm not leaving a like or a dislike. Wouldn't feel right to go one way or the other.

But I do say at least people give this a read. might be your flavor of ice cream or might not.

Also a good inspired fic idea would have been to maybe drop the discord thing, Why not something like 101 Interestinf Facts about Alicorns? Written by like luna or celestia...or both sisters.

They could be fighting while writing etc.

:rainbowderp:...I'm going to do research if this idea is not taken yet...I call DIBS!

Can you guys even still access this?

New Chapter Added so that way it's "better" and officially approved (by the non-auto approval process)!!!

Login or register to comment