• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 3,008 Views, 96 Comments

MLP Duel Academy - Twistedphoenix1



When Spike Drago decides to attend Duel Academy, he doesn't expect much. Meeting friends new and old, having fun, classes. But when a prophecy starts to come about, he and his friends must face this Chaos head on

  • ...
6
 96
 3,008

Chapter 14 Part 1 The Haunting Past

“Now class,” Cheerilee said. “Who can tell me what cards can instantly win you a duel.?”

A number of hands shot into the air as the teacher scanned the students.

“Trixie.” The silver haired girl with purple eyes stood with a smile on her face.

“Exodia allows you to win when you get all the pieces in your hand, Destiny Board can let you win if you activate it and can play all the other letters, and Final Countdown makes it so you can win after 20 turns of having activated it.”

“And is that all?” Cheerilee questioned. Trixie thought about it for a moment before nodding.

“Trixie has listed all such cards.”

“Um…” a voice said. Trixie growled as she turned to see Twilight standing up.

“Actual,” She said. “There are many other cards that produce instant win effects. They are just hard to use because they require a lot of set up.”

“Some other examples include Jackpot 7,” Sunset started and Twilight continued.

“The Creator God of Light Horakhty.”

“Last Turn.”

“Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes.”

“Phantasm Spiral Assault.”

“Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord.”

“Indeed,” Cheerilee cut in. “As Twilight and Sunset listed there are a lot more than just the typical three people think of. Keep in mind Trixie that just because you can’t think of any others doesn’t mean there aren’t any.”

Some of the other students in the room started chuckling as Trixie growled.

‘Those stupid know it alls!’ Trixie said. ‘How dare they show up the great and powerful Trixie!’

She started doodling a picture of her standing over Sunset and Twilight triumphantly. Part way through drawing however, some of the lines started shifting. Trixie was shocked to say the least, especially when they formed into a strange creature that seemed to be an amalgam of many others. If not for how stunned she was Trixie might’ve shouted in alarm. As it was, she just watched as a speech bubble formed in front of the creature’s mouth.

“So you want to triumph over those two?” After making sure no one was looking, Trixie wrote out her response.

Yes

“Then I believe we can be of some assistance to each other. You see, they and their friends have irked me before as well. Perhaps you can assist me, and I will help you defeat them.”

Trixie didn’t know who this person was, but she liked what he was saying. She wrote back.

The great and powerful Trixie accepts this deal. And I have a plan.

After classes that day

“Thanks for the help Sunset,” Cheerilee said as the fiery haired girl finished carrying in some supplies.

“Don’t mention it,” Sunset said. “I’m always happy to help.” Grabbing her bag, she made her way out into the hall.

“You think you’re fooling anyone?” A voice said. Sunset turned and saw Trixie standing there.

“What do you want Trixie?” Sunset sighed.

“Oh nothing. The great and powerful Trixie was just remembering how you acted when you first arrived at the school.” Sunset’s fist clenched.

“That’s not who I am anymore.”

“Oh please,” Trixie laughed. “We all know that you only don’t acted that way because finally a duelist came along who could consistently beat you. If Twilight weren’t around, you would go back to trying to run the school again.”

“I...I wouldn’t…”

“Don’t try and deny it. You hurt a lot of people, and everyone remembers. They might keep quiet and keep pretending, but I bet the only reason Twilight keeps acting all buddy buddy with you to keep you on a tight leash. To think you actually believe anyone can truly care for you after what you did...”

“Stop it!” Sunset cried out and she pushed Trixie away. The silver haired girl fell to the ground. Sunset looked in shock at what she just did as Trixie started to pull herself up.

“Just like Trixie thought. You are just one step away from snapping.”

“No...no…” Sunset turned and started running. Trixie stood and dusted herself off as her shadow shifted and Discord formed out of it.

“So what exactly is your plan I must ask?” Trixie smirked before answering.

“Simple. When Crylight and her other stupid friends realize Sunset Dimmer is missing, they will split up and scour the island for her. As soon as one of them finds her…”

“I can use my powers to influence the girl’s negative emotions to get her to duel them to leave her alone. If she wins I can use them as my vessels out of here. Clever...but how does this help you with the other girl? And what will you do if Ms. Shimmer loses?”

“Then we move onto plan B. Don’t question the great and powerful Trixie’s plan! Haha haha!” She let loose a wicked cackle as she walked after her first target.

Outside the school at the edge of the woods, Micro was busy going over his secondary decks, namely the one he was designing to combat Spike’s. Normally he would just go over them in the dorm but he didn’t want my of the others seeing these.

“I have all I need for that card now,” he muttered. “But I still need some other supports…”

He slid the deck into its own box and got ready to leave. Then he heard footsteps. He turned to the side and saw Sunset running into the forest.

“Sunset?” Micro thought. She looked like she was crying. That was when he saw something else chasing after he. Gliding across the ground was a familiar shadowy figure. “Discord!”

The young genius tore into the woods after his one crush while trying to get a hold of the others.

“Come on! Pick up!” A dial tone came through the other end and he growled. “I’m going to talk to Celestia about upgrading the cell tower!” He sent a group text knowing that it would go through when he reached signal. Finally, he burst into a clearing and saw Sunset kneeling on the ground, her shadow having taken a demonic form.

“I’m still in here you know,” it said. “You proved it back there, snapping at Trixie like that.”

“No…” Sunset said crying. “I’m not like that anymore! I’m not you!” A wicked cackle pierce the air.

But I’m you! You think anyone truly has forgotten? Or forgiven!”

“Sunset!” Micro called. Sunset turned and saw the boy approaching.

“Are you going to hurt him to?” The shadow asked.

“Stay back!” Sunset cried.

“Don’t listen to that thing,” he said. “It not you! It’s Discord!” Sunset gasped and looked at the dark form which had begun to chuckle.

“You want that to be the case,” it said as a dark energy surrounded Sunset. “But we both know the truth.”

“Yes…” Sunset agreed as her eyes seemed to empty. “It’s...it’s best no one gets close to a monster like me…”

“That’s not true,” Micro said. “Sunset that’s not true at all!”

“And how would he know? After all, he wasn’t here when you were at your worst. If he finds out how you were…”

“I wouldn’t care!”

“Just leave me alone!” Sunset shouted as a pulse of energy shot from her. Micro gritted his teeth as he stood his ground.

“I’m not leaving you Sunset. This isn’t you! And if I have to beat you to prove it…” he activated his duel disk. “Then so be it!”

Sunset just readied her disk as the shadow seemed to be the one moving her.

“Just leave me alone…”

“DUEL!” Micro called.

Comments ( 8 )

A tad rushed since I dont recall if in this story Sunset has a similar backstory as the original

9399142

The nightmare of chaos duel part 1

You’ve guided a lot of students and set them on the right path after disciplining them,” Sunset said. “I should know.”

It was her backstory. I just never had her describe it specifically because I wanted to bring it up as something the boys wouldn’t know the whole story of

Man, wished this fic got to continue honestly.

There really isn't much MLP/YGO fics out there where Spike gets to duel(especially ones where he doesn't ultimately end up in the shadows of others), let alone ones that has him as the main protagonist.
I discovered this fic about a year or two ago due to a friend telling me about it.

10914756
…honestly, I kinda want to start writing Yugioh things again. I may just jump back onto this. Frankly, I just have a lot of things going on and the Gamer fanfic I started requires less focus to write. But…well, I guess seeing someone actually voice this thought….

10916043
I hope things go well for you.

Which YGO series is your fav btw?

10916706
Go or 5ds. I like them all but those are the ones I really followed

Thanks for the well wishes. I started on another chapter for this one. Hopefully I can get a good flow with it. Won’t assure it getting regularly updated with things as chaotic as they are for me right now,

10916875
Ok then.

What are your thoughts on the other YGO series?

Login or register to comment