• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 3,008 Views, 96 Comments

MLP Duel Academy - Twistedphoenix1



When Spike Drago decides to attend Duel Academy, he doesn't expect much. Meeting friends new and old, having fun, classes. But when a prophecy starts to come about, he and his friends must face this Chaos head on

  • ...
6
 96
 3,008

Chapter 2 Entrance Exam Part 2 Gearing Up

Chapter 2 Entrance Exam Part 2 Gearing Up

"DUEL!"

DP 4000 Hand 5
Micro 4000 Hand 5

"I think I'll allow you to make the first move," Micro said pushing his glasses up. The Duel Proctor smirked.

"How kind. I'll draw then! And I choose to play Alpha the Magnet Warrior in defense mode!" (Lv4 1400/1700) A grey knight like creature that seemed to be made of magnets appeared with its shield held in front of it. "Then I set two face down and end my turn."

DP 4000 Hand 3
Micro 4000 Hand 5

"My turn to draw," Micro said. "And I'll start off by activating my continuous spell card known as the Ancient Gear Castle! With this on the field I get to add a token to it every time a monster gets summoned or set. Not to mention all Ancient Gear monsters gain 300 attack!"

A giant castle with canons and other weaponry decorating the top appeared behind the young duelist.

"Now I activate Double Summon! Now I summon forth my Ancient Gear Knight!" (Lv4 1800/500)
A machine made of old gears and rusty metal appeared in the field carrying a gear shaped shield while one of its arms was replaced with a lance. A loud cranking sound was heard from the castle as energy surrounded the knight (1800-2100). The castle also had a marking appear above the gate, showing that I received a new token.
"Next I decide to use my second summon to unlock his Gemini ability. Now my Knight, strike down his Magnet Warrior!"

"Too bad kid," the Proctor said. "You forgot the first rule of attacking. Be aware of face downs!"

Balcony

"If this kid attacks this recklessly there's no way he'll win," Rainbow said.

"Don't count him out just yet," Sunset said. "Remember his monster's Gemini effect?" They turned back to the duel where they saw the Duel Proctor panicking.

Duel Field

"Why isn't my card working!" Micro grinned.

"I think your the one who needs to remember better. Remember I activated my monster's effect? Now when Ancient Gear Knight attacks, you are unable to activate spell or trap cards!"

The machine knight thrust it's arm forward and pierced the shield, destroying the Magnet Warrior.
"Now I set one card face down of my own and end."

DP 4000 Hand 3
Micro 4000 Hand 2

"My turn. And I just drew the last card I need. I'll start off by activating my one face down, Call of the Haunted to bring back Alpha the Magnet Warrior. But he won't be staying for too long, as I proceed to tribute him as well as the Beta and Gamma from my hand to summon up Valkyrie the Magnet Warrior!" (Lv8 3500/3850).

A creature made of different magnets appeared. Some silver, some gold, and the wings were pink. Micro's eyes widened a bit at this. The people in the stands gasped at such a powerful monster being used in a test duel. Micro fumbled with his words for a moment before finally speaking up.

"I activate my face down Threatening Roar, preventing you from attacking this turn." The proctor growled at the delay but ended his turn.

DP 4000 Hand 1
Micro 4000 Hand 2

Micro drew his third card.

"I activate Pot of Greed, letting me draw two cards." Looking at the cards in his hand he knew he had something to work with, though it was a risk. "I follow up by summoning my Machina Sniper!" (Lv4 1800/800) Another creature made of metal appeared, it's body a grey metal with a futuristic sniper rifle in its hands. The castle roared to life again with another marking appearing above the gate. "I continue by activating Limiter Removal! Now my Knight and Sniper have their attack doubled!"

The gears inside the monsters whirred to life even faster than before. The metal rattled and threatened to fall off (2100-4200) (1800-3600).

"Now, Knight! Attack his Valkyrion!" With another charge, the Knight struck down the pieced together Magnet Warrior.

DP 3300

"Now Sniper, hit him hard directly!" The monster aimed his rifle and shot out a laser beam at his target, only for the proctor to grin.

"Since it's not your Knight attacking, I'm no longer hindered in using this! Go Negate Attack. This stops your attack and ends your battle phase." The bullets hit harmlessly against a barrier of magic energy.

Stands

"Aw man," Sugar said. "That attack would've won him the duel." Spike looked over and saw Micro was still smirking.

"I think he planned for that though," he said.

"What do you mean?" Spike sighed.

"I mean for someone who had an attack like that ruined, I think he looks a little too calm." The two turned back at see what their friend was going to do next.

Duel field

"Well, since these two monster aren't cutting it right now, I guess I should bring some one else out instead," Micro said.

"But you already used your normal summon this turn," the Proctor pointed out.

"Who said anything about normal summoning? I choose to dicard my level 8 Machina Megaform, in order to special summon my Machina Fortress!" (Lv7 2500/1600) A mostly blue tank that had a long white barrel, a armored head on top and two blue arms on the side appeared.

Balcony

"Wait," Pinkie asked. "Why didn't he summon that in order to attack and save Soldier as back up? If his attack went through, he would've won."

"Because Pinkie," Applejack said. "He knew that soldier could be taken out more easily. He probably thought that if he lost Fortress, it would be a bigger loss than if he gave the proctor another turn." Rainbow tilted her head in confusion.

"But what do you mean 'a bigger loss?' He hasn't lost a monster, just an attack?"

"Limiter Removal has a side effect darling," Rarity said before they turned back to the duel where the two monsters were crumbling to pieces.

Duel Field

"Sadly when I end the turn Limiter Removal is used any card affected by it has to be destroyed."

DP 3300 Hand 1
Micro 4000 Hand 0

"My turn. And I think I'll bring out Superheavy Samurai Magnet! (Lv4 900/1900) And his effect allows me to special summon one level 4 or lower Superheavy Samurai from my hand. And I chose Superheavy Samurai Kabuto (Lv4 1000/2000)."

Two large creatures appeared on the field. One had a huge red magnet with blue ends on its shoulders. It was mostly blue with many different designs on it. The other was silver, brown and red with a stag helmet and a large hammer.
"Next I think I'll simply overlay them to summon Gem-Knight Pearl!" (R4 2600/1900)

The two Samurai vanished into a portal and out floated a man covered entirely in what could only be described as a pearl body suit. In the balcony, Rarity murmured something about getting that card for her deck.

"Now Pearl! Destroy his Fortress!" The armored man punched the living tank, breaking the monster apart.

Micro 3900

The proctor was about to say something, when he saw the pieces of the busted up Fortress shaking.
"What's going on!" Micro chuckled, adjusting his glasses.

"Remember the fact I discarded Machina Megaform in order to summon Fortress? Well I forgot to mention he has an effect of his own. If Machina Fortress is destroyed while he is in the graveyard..."

The pieces began to form together, but instead of a tank, it started to create a humanoid shape.

"I can remove that Fortress from play to bring it back to the field!" (Lv8 2600/1500) The giant robot towered over the field. It had all the parts of the original monster but forming the shell on a humanoid construct. The crowd clapped at this move, seeing the young boy wasn't out of the duel yet.

"I...I end my turn," the Proctor said. He was surprised by this kid. If even some of the other duelist were like this one and the other before him then this was going to be a good year.

DP 3300 Hand 0
Micro 3900 Hand 0

'One card...one card...' He thought. With a deep breath he drew his card. With a glance at the card, he sighed. 'Or two.'
"I activate Hand Destruction. Now normally we'd discard two cards but since we don't have any, we get to move right onto drawing two." Both of them drew two cards and Micro looked his ove. A smirk grew on his face. "Looks like I can end this here." The Proctor, curious, spoke up.

"That's a strong claim kid. Let's see you do it!"

"I will! And I'll start be summoning one of the strongest of the Ancient Gear monsters there is. The Ancient Gear Golem!" The Proctor chuckled.

"Hate to break it to you kid, but that monster requires two tributes, and you only have one monster."

"Hate to break it to you, but I'm not sacrificing monsters. Remember the tokens my Castle has been getting? Well since it has at least two, I can sacrifice it for a two sacrifice Ancient Gear monster. So rise Ancient Gear Golem!" (Lv8 3000/3000)

A towering giant appeared next to Megaform. This one was covered in rusty metal and gears.
"Now my Golem, destroy his Pearl with Mechanized Melee! And Megaform, blast his life points directly!"
The rusty giant reared back a powerful fist before slamming it down into the Gem-Knight, shattering it. Then the walking tank took aim and shooting the proctor.

DP 300

The proctor stumbled around a bit before standing up straight.

"That was a good turn kid, and you probably will win next turn. But I thought you said you'd end it now?"

"Oh I will." Micro held up his final card. "This card is the last! I activate Ancient Gear Explosive! By sacrificing my Golem, I can deal half his attack as damage!"

The Gear Golem began to collapse, pieces of it falling to the ground. One piece however, rolled over to the Proctor only to blow up in his face.

DP 0000
Micro 3900 WINNER

The holograms faded as once more people cheered the amazing duel. Micro pulled a cloth out. He took his glasses off and cleaned them as he went back to his few friends.

"That was sweet man," Sugar said.

"Yeah!" Spike said. "You managed to turn it around against two strong monsters." Micro chuckled.

"Thanks. Though if I could've done so, I would've loved to use one of the lesser known Gear Beasts I have."

Balcony

"Another great duel," Sunset said, grinning. Her friends all nodded.

"And the ones before those two weren't bad either," Applejack said.

"Yeah we get it," Rainbow said. "You and Rarity bragged about your sister's duels enough." Rarity smirked.

"You say that Rainbow but I remember you cheering loudly when that one girl you look after won." Rainbow blushed embarrassed but didn't say anything else.

"Well it appears the duel fields are clearing," Fluttershy said. "I guess that means it's over."

"Yep," Pinkie said. "Time to go and get back to school!" The seven turned to leave when one last name was called.
"Will Spike Drago please report to duel field one." The girls stopped.

"Did she just say...Spike?" Fluttershy asked.

"I think she did darling," Rarity responded.

Twilight turned around and went back to the railing to see a certain green haired boy going to the field.

"Well I'll be..." She muttered.

Stands

"So," Sugar started. "Any idea what his deck is like?" Micro shrugged.

"Didn't have a chance to ask. But I'm sure it will be interesting to see."

Duel Field

"Relax Spike," the metallic voice said.

"I know," the boy responded. He looked down at his deck before activating the disk along with the final proctor.

"LET'S DUEL!"

Author's Note:

Second Chap. Next up Spike has his time to shine.