• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,556

The Phoenix's Journey Part 2

Author's Note:

This chapter wasnt the easiest to adapt for the story. It wasnt the past stuff or whats going on with the rangers. It was the villain part of the episode.

See during this episode the villains decided to have a talent show to see what would be the best monster to use, and while funny thats not how Im portraying the villains here. So if this chapter seemed shorter, now you know.

I also promise the big reveal in this chapter is setting up for something further in the story...so stay tune...

Merry Christmas!

“Do not make me repeat myself.” The alicorn growled. Spike was trying to get back to his senses. Something about the figure in front of him struck him as familiar but he couldnt put his claws on it. “The password, final warning drake.” The alicorn was maybe around his age, in pony years. There was no way this could be right, but Spike had to take a chance.

“Air, Earth, Water as one.” The dragon said, getting to his feet. The alicorn looked sternly into his soul. Spike could hear a chuckle escape from the figure.

“Sorry, wrong answer!” The alicorn surged forward, taking hold of Spike’s arm in an attempt to twist it behind the teenager. The drake was flipped onto the ground as a hoof was pressed to his throat.

“Trust me! One day that will be the password!” Spike croaked as he swept the legs of the alicorn, bringing her down. Both scurried to their hooves and feet, before both began exchanging blows until Spike caught the alicorn’s hoof and flipped her over before slapping her hoof away. The figure jumped back up, glaring at Spike.

“Only those who attend this academy know how to do that….how did you?”

“Wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” Spike growled.

“Try me.” The alicorn scowled, both charging forward again, locking up until a figure appeared.

“Enough.” The figure, an older unicorn complete with a long beard, star cloak and hat with bells on it ordered. The alicorn came skidding to a stop, clearly unhappy with the order while Spike observed the newcomer.

‘Whoa, Starswirl the Bearded.’ The drake thought to himself.

“Starswirl, this dragon knows our moves. He is too dangerous to walk free!” The alicorn said, alarmed. Starswirl observed Spike before turning to the figure.

“I allow him to enter. We’ll get answers soon.”

“Starswirl-”

“That is enough Celestia.” Spike’s eyes bulged as the alicorn finally took off her face coverings. Right in front of him with her pink mane, sun cutie mark, stood his future friend and somewhat mentor, Celestia.

“This is not right Starswirl.”

“I have reasons to allow him. Have him join the new students but do not be mistaken young dragon, you are not to join them here.” The elder unicorn said.

“I wasn’t planning on staying very long anyway.” Spike said.

“Who sent you?” Celestia growled at the drake until Starswirl sternly stomped a hoof.

“Celestia, that is enough. Bring him, and also try not to be late to class again. I am beginning to question your training.” Spike cocked an eyebrow, remembering what future Celestia said to Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. The alicorn dropped her head reluctantly.

“Yes Starswirl….” The elder unicorn vanished into the waterfall, leaving the two behind.

“Looks like somepony’s in the doghouse.” Spike teased, getting a dangerous glare in return.

“Hold your tongue drake!” Celestia barked. “And stop staring at me!”

“Sorry, you remind me of somepony.” Spike said honestly. The alicorn motioned for him to follow as she too vanished into the waterfall portal. “Coming…..princess.” Spike took a step before the magical artifact he brought with him began sounding off, shaking violently. The teenager unrolled the Scroll of Time, watching as the text began to fade. “When the text is gone my time is up….” He said quietly to himself.


Back in present day the Element Storm Rangers stood frozen in place with Madtropolisin a frozen state, its giant hand about to smash the rangers up. For time to resume in its natural state Spike would have to return or the Scroll would have to run out, but if that happened Spike would be stranded in the past. While all of Equestria was frozen in time the location where the scroll was opened was in a limbo of sorts. Time wasnt frozen but would return to when the scroll was opened, whenever that time came.

Twilight couldnt do anything to help the rangers with their missing powers or battle, but she could possibly bring them back for the time being.

“I have to bring them back. They can regroup briefly, until Spike hopefully ....” Twilight didnt wanna finish that sentence as she typed away at the monitor in front of her. On screen the five rangers vanished in a flash before they appeared in Element Ops, promptly collapsing onto the floor in exhaustion.


Up above the planet the alicorn of the night, Nightmare Moon, and her vessel were free from the frozen time below, and she was not happy.

“Curse you Twilight Sparkle!” The alicorn barked. “With time frozen below Madtropolis cannot destroy the rangers once and for all!”

“Your highness, if I may make a suggestion?” Sunset Shimmer said nervously. “With time frozen wouldn’t be a good idea to strike?” The alicorn thought for a good long moment.

“Thee would be correct. Iron Will! Gilda!” Nightmare Moon shouted. “I order thee to find five of the strongest monsters we can muster! Once thee have, unleash them into Equestria!”

“Of course your majesty!” Gilda said, happy to cause some mayhem.

“At once!” Iron Will complied.

“Bring them at once!!!!”


“Twilight…..whats wrong with us?” Button asked weakly, leaning against the table in the room.

“I feel so weak…” Scootaloo groaned.

“Please, save your energy everypony.” Twilight said softly, showing deep concern for the group. “I used Spike’s teleportations system to, at the moment at least, bring you all back to safety.”

“Where is Spike….?” Sweetie said softly, clutching her head. The older unicorn mare didnt know quite how to tell them.

“He went somewhere to find a power that could help us all, but….if he cant make it back in time he’ll be stranded…and we’ll never see him again…” Twilight couldnt bare to think not seeing Spike again.

“He’ll make it Twilight.” Rumble groaned, trying his best to comfort her.


Meanwhile Spike was doing his best to not look so out of place like he was, which wasnt easy being the only dragon in with a gathering a ponies. A large gathering of ponies stood in attention in front of a stage with the academy behind in a visually stunning shot. Starswirl calmly trotted on stage to join Celestia, who was kneeling in concentration.

"Please be at ease." The elder unicorn said. "The year begins anew here at the Eqqus Academy. Before we can decide what element the new students in attendance will dedicate their time with mastering I would like to address our 'guest'" Spike could feel all eyes falling onto his shoulders. "This drake is here as our guest for the time being and will be treated as such. I will not tolerate any actions against him, so be warned. Now, in accordance with tradition our best fighter, Celestia, will demonstrate the sword techniques of the academy." The future princess of the sun slowly rose to her hooves, unsheathed her training sword, a wooden katana.

For as long as Spike worked for her at the academy in the future he failed to notice how good she was at sword play, since she rarely used it. Faster than a pony could blink the sword was up in a block position, before slashing left and right in rapid movements. Celestia casually rolled backwards to avoid an 'attack' before launching back up to continue her sword demonstration.

"Impressive." Spike almost jumped but kept his composure. A teenage stallion was now standing to his side, watching Celestia's performance with watchful eyes. His dark fur and mane struck Spike as familiar but he seemed friendly enough. "But then again Celestia is all talk, no show." The pony joked, getting a smirk from the drake. "I should know; never could beat me."

"So why is she the best fighter?" Spike asked.

"The whole alicorn thing." The pony explained. "Makes her destine to rule this land one day..." The pony came off as slightly bitter but Spike failed to catch it.

"So you two....friends or something?"

"Foal-hood friends, with her and her little sister." Spike froze at the mention of Celestia's sister.

"Celestia has a sister?" The drake asked, playing dumb.

"Boy you aren't from around here." The pony joked. "Her little sister, Luna, is around here somewhere. She's too young to begin training yet, but-" On stage Celestia finished her sword work, earning an applause from the crowd watching. However,

"Yay Tia!" From the crowd a little dark blue blur broke onto the stage and engulfed one of Celestia's leg in a hug. "That was amazing!" Luna squeaked. Celestia soften her hard look at the little sister before nudging her off the stage. "Aww, but I want to watch!"

"And you can from down there sister." Luna pouted before quietly trotting off stage. Nopony noticed, but Spike had been staring long and intensely at the smaller of the alicorns.

'I know I'm not suppose to alter the past, but if Luna was stopped before she grows up-'

"Are you a dragon?" Spike's thoughts were interrupted by the voice of the little alicorn, now sitting in front of him and looking with great curiousity. The drake cleared his mind.

'She's not Nightmare Moon. Don't take it out on her'

"Umm, yeah I'm a dragon." Spike said to the little alicorn, watching her eyes grow big.

"Wow! I've never seen a dragon up close before!" The filly started bouncing around him in circles happily, drawing a chuckle from Spikes lips. "My name is Luna! Celestia is my big sister!"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Spike."

"That is our friend Shadow Heart." Luna said, stopping to nudge the foreleg of the pony who had been chatting with him during the performance.

"Huh, Celestia never said anything about you." Spike said to himself quietly.

"What? Did you say something?" Shadow said.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

"Now students." Starswirl began. "For the next part of our demonstration we shall need a volunteer." The elder unicorn trotted to the crowd, stopping at various ponies to see if they were up for the task. He stopped at Spike and looked at him for a few good moments before stopping at the pony to his right. If Spike had to guest it was probably a mare under the new student uniform; a slightly larger mare but she had her face hidden under her face covering. Starswirl held out a wooden sword. The student bowed her head and took it, while on stage Celestia was confused.

"But Starswirl this is a new student. This fight will be unfair."

"We shall see Celestia." The alicorn looked at the new student confused but bowed to her none the less, which the student returned. Both quickly unsheathed their wooden blades, circling the stage while keeping their eyes locked on the other. Celestia charged first but much to her surprise every swipe from her sword was blocked or countered without effort. The pony calmly sheathed her sword, irking Celestia. The alicorn slashed forward, but once more each strike was blocked, evening clipping the others handle until the pony unleashed her sword, catching Celestia off guard and sending her flipping off the stage and onto several new students who caught her. A few feet away from the action spike was trying to piece together was was going on.

"That style of fighting isnt from here. The only thing that comes close to it is-"

"Phoenix style." Shadow finished, nodding his head in approval at the new student. Now Celestia was furious, and embarrassed. Retaking her sword she leaped back onto the stage in a corkscrew motion, but their swords locked in a tie. Then, much to her shock Celestia had her hooves taken out from under her before being pinned down on her back with a sword to her neck and much to everponies shock, even Spike, a scaled foot on her sword arm.

"Well done Sheila!" Starswirl beamed, stepping forward.

"Sheila?" Celestia asked confused. "Thats not a pony name." Spike was piecing everything together as the student rose up, now standing upright onto her back legs. She removed her face covering to reveal she was not a pony, but a female dragon. She was pink in color with green spines, but what struck Spike were her eyes. Those were his eyes.

"...mom...."

"You're a dragon!" Celestia barked.

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious Celestia." Starswirl noted. "Please meet your victor: Sheila." The dragoness bowed before the alicorn.

"Her sword work.....that is not our ways."

"Very observant." Sheila said kindly. "I was trained by my elders in the way of the Phoenix."

"Starswirl this cannot stand! This school is bound by tradition! Dragons cannot attend here!"

"Are you afraid of a dragon?" Shadow Heart called from the crowd. "Maybe our traditions need to be changed."

"You would like that would you not?" Celestia said. "Not afraid of breaking the rules? Friend or not I know what you do in your spare time."

"Watch what you say Celestia!" Shadow growled. "One should not make such accusation without backing it up!"

"Enough!" Starswirl commanded. "This student has displayed impressive skills, therefore she WILL be admitted as the first dragon student in the schools history. You will respect her as one of your own as such."

"Thank you master Starswirl." Sheila bowed while Celestia stormed off stage in a huff. Seeing her sister was clearly upset Luna did her best to chase after her. The female dragon bowed to her classmates, but what caught Spike's attention was the necklace she was wearing. A glowing gold sphere hung from her neck. Shadow also looked at it with intent eyes.


Sheila took to the forest surrounding the school so she could train in peace and quiet. While none of her classmates had acted hostel to her, yet, she could still see and feel the looks she was receiving. Slashing her sword through the air she did her best to fight off the enemies in her mind, keeping firm yet fluid control, but something felt off. Pausing for a quick moment the dragoness swung her sword around and had it pointed directly into Shadow Hearts throat.

"No please, do not stop on my behalf." The unicorn teased with a cocky smile. "That pendant though," He said, pointing at the small gold sphere around her neck. "Its beautiful. May I?" He asked, wanting a closer look. Sheila covered the necklace with her claw, not quite trusting the pony in front of her.

"I'm sorry but no. It's a family heirloom."

"Didn't think dragons understood the concept of family."

"Then it shows there so much you do not know of me." Sheila said. "You do understand though?"

"Of course." Shadow said with a air of politeness. Glancing to see if she was looking the unicorn locked eyes with her, before dropping all pretense of friendship. His eyes turned into a dark pool of black. Sheila found herself unable to look away or resist. "Show me the amulet." Shadow ordered. Sheila claw dropped to her side. With a cocky smile the unicorn reached towards his prize.

"Am I interrupting something?" Shadow snapped his attention to Spike, who was looking on above with a quizzical look on his face. Sheila shook her head as if to gather her thoughts, but didnt remember what had just happened. "Sorry but Sheila I was wondering if we could talk about your Phoenix techniques?"

"Why of course!" The dragoness was always to show her fighting ways to those curious, especially to another dragon. Shadow quietly growled to himself in frustration.

"I have to go. We will talk later." The unicorn turned and shulked away from the two dragons.

"Whats his problem?" Spike asked.

"I am quite unsure." Sheila responded. "I dont believe we have met yet. Your name?"

"I'm Spike." The dragoness smiled kindly.

"I quite like that name. You may call me Sheila." The two dragons began to walk through the school, passing by various other students as they began their conversation.

"How did you learn to fight like a phoenix?"

"The way of the Phoenix has been passed down my family through various generations. My grand-dragon passed it to my father, then my father to me."

"Thats where you got your amulet too right?"

"Correct. It was passed to me by my father, but I wish to hear about your family?" Spike wasnt ready for that line of questioning.

"Well, I was hatched by a pony who has raised me from birth."

"A hard task for a pony to raise a dragon, but you seem to be at peace with that." Sheila said.

"Her name is Twilight Sparkle. She recieved my egg from her mentor...who was friends with my birth mother. She....she passed away before I could hatch."

"I am sorry to hear that Spike." Sheila said sadly. "Your mother would be proud with the dragon you have turned into however.

"Twilight's mentor told her she promised my mother that I would never be on the path in life I've taken. Twilight has done her best to hold up to that promise. Even now she doesnt approve of what I'm doing, based on feeling my mother wouldnt approve either." Sheila stopped and looked into Spike's eyes. He ignored that those were his eyes he was looking into.

"I have a feeling Spike, that if your mother was here....she might feel differently." The dragoness said kindly. Spike held onto his poker face but inside he had fifty different thoughts.

'There's no way she knows....does she?' Sheila excused herself into her tent, Spike watching sadly as she departed. "Thanks.....mom..." He said to himself quietly. His attention to the Parchment of Time came into focus as the scroll began shaking and sounding off again. Looking at the fading letters the writing did appear to be glowing gold. "Alright alright I get it. The letters appear stronger when I'm near the amulet....but can I do about it?"

Inside her tent Sheila carefully placed the amulet down before her, bowing before it to honer her family. The dragoness decided now would be a good time to rest. She departed to further within the tent to her sleeping arrangements, unaware she was no longer alone. A figure slowly crept into the tent; one who look similar to Spike as to not give themselves up. It could've been Spike for all anypony knew. Sheila failed to notice the figure quickly approach the amulet, and taking it into their possessions. The figure might've gotten away with too, but they knocked into a glass bowl. The dragoness quickly turned and locked eyes with the intruder.

"Spike?" Sheila asked confused. The figure bolted out of the tent. "Stop! Thats mine!" Sheila charged out of the tent and into the woods after the thief. Several minutes passed as the thief kept one step ahead of the dragoness until they were finally able to lose them. Spike meanwhile was walking through the woods when he saw a glow effect coming from further ahead.

"What the?" Before he could investigate further Sheila pounced from the trees, driving a knee into his spine and knocking him over. "Sheila! What in Equestria?"

"Where is it? Why have you taken it?!" The dragoness lifted Spike, slamming him against a tree before twisted one arm behind him and locking him in a choke hold.

"What are you talking about?!" Spike croaked as a crowd of ponies arrived; Celestia leading the charge with her sister riding on her back.

"Return it and I will grant you mercy!"

"Sheila I didn't take anything!"

"That's for Starswirl to decide drake." Celestia said coldly. "As captain of the school guard I am placing you under arrest for trial."

"What?! Spike said in disbelief as several ponies grabbed him so he could get away. Sheila looked at Celestia before following behind the group. Celestia was about to follow when Luna stopped her.

"Spike is not a meany." Luna said in her young age. "I do not think he did it."

"Luna, he is an outsider. None of us know what he is capable of." Celestia said softly. A bright glow from the woods caught their attention. "What is that?" The older alicorn asked, confused. "Luna, return with the others."

"But I want to see what that is!" Luna whined.

"Sister, go!" Celestia ordered. The smaller alicorn pouted but followed after the group. Celestia instead ventured deeper into the woods towards the source of the glow.


Spike was dragged onto the stage from the performance eariler in the morning as tribal drums were being pounded all around him. From his time at the school in the future at least trials were no longer a thing. He had no clue what was going to happen. The ponies finally let him go, allowing him to stand on his feet.

"Could've walked guys." He complained as Starswirl stood behind him. Now Spike knew why this pony taught and trained Celestia and Luna. He could feel his stern look piercing into his soul.

"You are accused of stealing from a student of the academy. As a guest you have overstepped your boundries as several eye witnessess have placed you at the crime. Have you anything to say for yourself?" Spike looked right into his mothers eyes.

"Sheila I would never take anything from you. I consider you too much of a friend to do so!"

"Friendship does not wave the law on such issue. Thievery is not tolerated in any shape or form. Breaking the code of the academy will result in banishment, where you may harm nopony else. The evidence against you seems indisputable. I will now decide your fate." Spike's heart was sinking further and further.

'This isn't good.....'


"Wait you mean Spike went back in time?" Scootaloo asked Twilight confused.

"Spike went back to search for something that may help us in there dark times."

"What was it?" Applebloom groaned.

"I'm not sure. The artifact was lost to time."

"What if he doesn't make it back in time?" Rumble asked, getting a weak punch to the shoulder from Scootaloo after seeing the worried expression on Twilight's face.

"You're not helping. Ignore him; Spike will make it Twilight."

"If he doesnt return before the text on the scroll vanishes he'll be stranded in the past, where nopony will be able to rescue him...or see him again...." Sweetie Belle looked up as if giving a prayer.

"Please Spike, we need you..."


"I have reached my decision." Starswirl informed the crowd. Spike could only close his eyes. He would never see Twilight or the others again. His friends were doomed and worse of all he was being branded a thief by his own mother. He couldnt stand to see the looks of shame from the crowd anymore.

'I'm sorry Twilight....' Spike braced himself for his fate.

"My judgement...... is that I find you-"

"Not guilty!" A voice from the crowd yelled. Spike opened his eyes in confusion as the crowd split and turned towards the voice. Celestia was standing firm with a groggy figure in tow. The alicorn ripped the figures face covering off, revealing the true thief.

"Shadow Heart?" Sheila asked, not suspecting the unicorn was capable of this. Celestia forced the pony forward before shoving him down in front of Starswirl. "Now tell the truth!!!" Celestia barked. With a cold expression Shadow looked up into his master's eyes.

"I did it. I stole the Phoenix amulet." Shadow confessed with no regret.

"I found him in the forest. He was trying to use Dark Magic to unseal the powers within the amulet." Celestia explained, the amulet firmly in her hoof.

"You always did know how to spoil the fun, do you 'Tia'?" Shadow spat, earning a glare from Celestia for using the nickname her sister gave her. Luna was looking on from the group confused, sadden and scared at her friend.

"Any use of Dark Magic will result in immediate expulsion from the Eqqus Academy. This is the first and most sacred rule of the Code. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Starswirl asked, his voice filled with anger and disappointment. Shadow calmly rose to his hooves.

"Not really.....I was always more of a pony of action...." Without warning the unicorn launched a force spell that sent the group of ponies in front of him, Starswirl included, flying off their hooves. Turning with lightning speed Shadow struck again, almost instantly knocking over the crowd of ponies behind him. Celestia took a stance, ready to fight her now former friend. Shadow calmly looked at the alicorn, before coldly turning towards Luna. The elder sibling barely had time to launch herself in front of her sister, grabbing her but protecting her from the force spell. The spell sent the amulet flying out of Celestia's hoof. Sheila reached out to take hold of her possession until Shadow launched a force spell at her. The dragoness had enough sense to kick the amulet away as she went flying. Shadows greedy eyes tracked the amulet as it flew through the air, and directly into Spikes clenched hand. The look Spike was sending Shadow could only be matched by the unicorns own glare.

Shadow flipped from the ground, landing on the stage directly in front of Spike.

"Stop him!!!!" Celestia ordered as the group of students were able to regain standing movements.

"This is between me and the dragon!!!!" Shadow barked in a voice that shook the ground. Screaming Shadow lifted his front hooves and brought them down with violent force. From around them a dark sphere shimmered into existence, separating the two from all the others. Celestia reached forward, but pulled her hoof back after the sharp jolt she received.

"Its a force field!"

"Pity! Things were going so well until you showed up!" Shadow yelled. From within the force field the wind was blowing fierce. Not breaking eye contact Spike slipped the amulet around his neck.

"Sorry for spoiling your fun!"

"Want to make it up for me?" Shadow took up a wooden katana, sliding a second sword to Spike. "Give me that Amulet!!!"

"Not gonna happen...." Spike said coolly, raising the sword up. The unicorn cocked an eyebrow.

"Then I guess I am going to have to take it from you!" Spike yelled and charged forward, the two combatants quickly becoming entangled in their fierce battle. The wooden swords clashed violently before the dragon flipped back to avoid a strike. Shadow successfully blocked a hard attack, before attempting a leg sweep. Spike rolled backwards and blocked another attack before the two got close.

"Stubborn, are you not?!"

"Runs in the family!" Spike barked, kicking Shadow back. The swords clashed before Spike was able to twist Shadow around to avoid him from moving.

"Give me that amulet or you will regret crossing my path!!!"

"Like I already dont!" Spike slid back to make room, only to be stopped by a force spell. The dragon screamed out in pain once his back made contact with the force field. Spike stumbled forward only for his legs to be taken out from under him. Spike spun in the air corkscrew style and went crashing hard onto the ground. Shadow didnt hesitate. Lifting the dragon by the neck the unicorn brought the handle of his sword down against Spike's back, before hurling the dragon like a toy across the stage. Spike kept rolling until the shock of the force field caused him to scream out again.

'Have to keep fighting!' Spike climbed back up, charging forward as the two dropped their swords and began exchanging blows. However Spike was quickly learning he was well out of his league here. Shadow swept his legs, forcing Spike to flip only to take a hard kick right to the gut. Shadow used another force spell to launch Spike face first into the force shield. The dragon collapsed on his back, exhausted.

"Spike! Get up!" Sheila yelled. Shadow took his sword back up, stalking Spike like a lion would its prey. Using his magic he lifted Spike by the throat to look him in the eyes.

"You put up quite the fight. I am impressed, but prepare to meet your fate!" Letting Spike fall like a sack of bricks, Shadow stood over the dragon, slowly raising his sword. Screaming he slashed down, only for Spike to weakly hold his own arm up to block. Such a move would normally break his arm, but something happened. Once the sword made contact a gold glow emitted from Spike's arm.

"Whats happening?" Spike asked weakly as the amulet around his neck began to glow brightly. Both he and Shadow looked confused, until the pony's greedy needs took over. Shadow reached for the amulet, until a tendril shot out and wrapped around his front hoof. Shadow couldnt fight as his hoof was slowly pushed back. Even when he reached with the other front hoof that became wrapped until Shadow felt himself rising upwards. The unicorn screamed out as he was pressed hard into the top of the force field. The pain must've been unbearable. But everypony and the two dragons watched as for a brief moment Shadows face morphed into one of darkness and pure evil. Shadow screamed as he struggled to escape, until he finally fell limp, silent, and came crashing down on the ground below him.

The force field finally dissipated with Shadows defeat. Spike quickly jumped up and kicked the spare sword away.

"Seize him!" Starswirl ordered. Several students came forward, locking Shadow in such a way he couldnt move.

"Get your filthy hooves off me!!" Celestia, Luna and Sheila made sure Spike was alright.

"Are you ok?" Celestia asked.

"I'm fine, but what just happened?" Sheila looked at the amulet around Spike's neck.

"The Phoenix Amulet has found its rightful owner."

"But this yours! I cant take it!" Spike argued.

"You have to! Its why you came all this way is it not?" Spike was floored by that.

'She knows?!'

"You all think this is over?!" Shadow yelled. "You all think this will stop me from harnessing the dark powers of the universe?!" The pony cackled evilly. "I will rule this world....and all others who dare step in my way!"

"You have brought this fate onto yourself!" Starswirl pointed a judging hoof at his student. "I pass down the harshest judgement: You will be cast adrift in the universe where your dark powers will harm nopony else. You are hereby stripped of your rank and the pony known as Shadow Heart will no longer exist!" The pony in front of him merely laughed.

"You think I care for your useless words and archaic ways? I shed my name...and will take on one from an ancient warrior of pure evil. From henceforth, I will only be recognized as..........SOMBRA!!!" Spike froze. That name struck him as familiar but he just couldnt put his claw on it. Starswirl cast a spell, encasing Sombra in an energy sphere. "I will not forget the part you played in this 'Tia'.....I will one day return and take everything you hold dear away!!!" The pony shot a dark look at Luna, who hid behind her sister.

"Begone Sombra!" Starswirl shot the sphere into the sky, launching the evil pony away and out of their lives.

"Wouldn't it be easier to destroy him? What if he comes back?" Spike asked the older unicorn.

"We can only judge one by the actions in the present. Not by a future we cannot see."

"If you were from where I am you might sing a different tune...." Spike stopped when the parchment began shaking and sounding off. The dragon glanced at the text. "Times up..." The parchment shot out of his hands, opening back up the time portal that brought him here.

"Use the amulet Spike!" Sheila urged.

"But how do you....." Spike looked at his mother long and hard. "There's so much I want to tell you but cant!"

"Goodbye Spike, and good luck." His mother said calmly. Spike braced himself, and jumped into the portal. The winds blew fierce as the parchment vanished, leaving a confused group. The dragoness watch sadly, knowing she may never see spike again. She heard hooves trotting next to her.

"Are you ok?" Celestia asked, concerned for the dragoness.

"Yes." Sheila said, returning a friendly look to the sisters. Celestia and Luna smiled back. This was the beginning of a friendship that would shape history to come.


At Element Ops the group of weak ponies noticed something was off as they began to fade.

"Twilight whats happening?"

"Time is resuming its natural state. Whether that means Spike was successful or not....I'm not sure." Twilight said, deeply worried. "You are returning to face Madtropolis, and I cant do anymore to help." Unable to resist the five ponies were transported by to their spot, with the now unfrozen monster ready to strike.

"Say goodbye rangers!!!" Scootaloo braced until a strange noise caught all their attention.

"Anypony else hear that?" She asked weakly.

"Look!" Sweetie pointed to the sky. Off in the distance what could only be described as a helicopter zord slowly approached the group.

"Is that.....a zord?" Rumble asked.

"Looks like ah.....phoenix..." Applebloom noted. The side door of the Phoenix Zord slid open, and much to the five ponies surprise a figure climbed out onto the side: a gold covered ranger. The ranger gave the five a two clawed salute. From Element Ops Twilights eyes grew wide, while also tearing up.

"He made it!" The ranger slid out the scabbard to his blade, which oddly looked like a baseball bat and had a speaker on the end.

"Hello there Pony Rangers!" The ranger said, his voice echoing out the landscape. "Looks you could use a little help. Gold Phoenix Ranger, at your service!" The five, still not knowing who this was, let out a small sigh of relief that help was here.

"Hey! Who are you?!" Madtropolis screamed. The ranger climbed back to the pilot seat of his zord and stare the monster down.

"I'm the ranger whos gonna bring you down!" The ranger yelled back, sliding his scabbard into place to become a joystick. "Oh yeah!!!!" The ranger pulled back hard, sending the zord flying forward with fast speed. Fire flew from the jet boosters behind the zord. "Lasers! Fire!" The ranger pressed a blue button on his control, firing off several lasers that exploded on contact with the monster. Sparks showered off Madtropolis, who took aim at the zord.

"Two can play at this game!" Lightning fired off directly at the zord, but the ranger effortless dodged and weaved each attack.

"Is that all you got?" The ranger asked, cockily. Then to the others surprise the zord aimed directly at the monster and flew towards its. Madtropolis resumed firing off, missing every shot until the zord turned, slicing its copter blades into the ground and cutting a line towards the monster. The earth below Madtropolis gave way, sending the monster down. But the ranger wasnt done. "Phoenix Star Megazord!" The ranger activated its now enlarged Phoenix Amulet. The let boosters behind the zord separated into legs, its front unfolding to form arms and its head. Scootaloo and her friends looked on in amazement as Madtropolis launched itself back upwards to continue the fight.

"I'm not through with you yet!"

"But I am! Bee Spinner!" The ranger slid a power disc into the slot. "Locked, and dropped!" As if by magic the two arms of the new Megazord sparked, creating a gold sphere with the number 10 em-blazed in the front. The sphere opened to reveal a bee weapon, winded on a zipcord. The megazord took hold and launched forward. The bee struck Madtropolis with enough force to finally bring the monster down in a large explosion. On the ground the five rangers cheered as the Megazord came in for a landing. A flash of light lit out as the new ranger leaped from its Megazord, and landed directly in front of the five, finally allowing them a good look at the new ranger.


Up above on Nightmare Moon's vessel the news of a new ranger wasnt being welcomed.

"Another one?!" The alicorn of the night screamed in her royal shout, slamming her hooves on the console. "When will they run out of colors?! Can anypony explain?!" Her followers were at a lost of words, mostly out of fear. "Ready yourself fools! We move, now!"


Scootaloo and her friends looked at the newcomer with confused expressions.

"Ah think ah'm still out of it yall cause I see a gold ranger." Applebloom said weakly.

"Well if your crazy, then we all are cause I see him too." Scootaloo said. Button Mash wasnt happy.

"Way to hold out on us girls."

"Yeah you never said anything about a gold one." Rumble said to his marefriend.

"Look this is new to use too alright?"

"Maybe we're all still out of it and this is a group hallucination." Applebloom reasoned.

"You're not hallucinating Applebloom." The ranger finally spoke. The red and yellow rangers looked at each other, both very confused.

".....how do you know mah name?"

"Why wouldn't I know your name?" The ranger said happily. Sweetie Belle slowly began to smile as the ranger demorphed. Spike stood proudly in front of the five rangers, several who began laughing in surprise. "Miss me?"

Comments ( 5 )

YAY FINALLY THE NEW RANGERS IS HERE, I WAS WAITING A YEAR FOR THIS MOMENT SINCE I START READING THIS AND FINALLY IS HEREEEEE

(Would you update the cover?)

YES! I’ve been waiting for this moment!

11096219
I second this!
I think Saban should’ve gone this route too. It only makes sense for Gold (an alternative to Yellow) being the sixth color, as Crimson and Navy are alternates of Red and Blue respectively.

Managed to read this fully.
And I am really glad I did.

So cool that Spike is the 6th Ranger. It was so epic! \ovo/

I am glad you(and someone else) told me about this fic.

Login or register to comment