• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,556

Bopping Bop-A-Roo

Author's Note:

Warning: The following chapter contains shipping. You have been warned :raritywink:

The sun shined down on yet another beautiful day in Equestria. The waves brushed over the local sandy beach as further up three ponies were busy with something that was to be done in private. Two ponies bounced off each other and landed on the sand. Scootaloo and Rumble sized each other up before flipping through the air past each other, landing and sizing each other up again. Growling the two rangers finally charged and began exchanging blows.

The teenage stallion caught a jumping leg kick, ducking down from an overhead kick before he and the teenage mare began blocking each other’s shots. Off to the side the only adult of the group, Twilight Sparkle, watched on as the two rangers continued to spar. Scootaloo caught a punch from Rumble, able to push the Thunder Ranger back slightly in the sand. Rumble ducked under another kick, spinning quickly only for his shot to be blocked. The two rangers continued blocking each other, refusing to let the other gain the advantage.

Scootaloo rolled backwards over the beach, avoiding a kick from Rumble. Growling the mare spun over head and finally landed a kick directly into the stallion’s chest, causing the ranger to stumble back.

“Ever hear of cutting your losses?” The red ranger taunted with a smirk.

“Huh?” Scootaloo charged forward but was cut off guard by Rumble sweeping a hoof, causing Scootaloo to flip and land back first onto the sand. The crimson ranger quickly took hold of one of the mare’s front hoof and twisted behind her back.

“What losses?” Rumble taunted with a smirk of his own. Scootaloo reached out and yank at the stallions back hoof, causing the ranger to come crashing down into the sand. The Pegasus mare was now out for blood. Charging forward Scootaloo and Rumble began blocking each other’s shots again, but with more determination behind Scootaloo’s attacks. The two held each other, locked in place before the thunder ranger was able to knock the element ranger back with a punch to the chest. Rumble shook his other hoof, the one blocking attacks, in pain. “I thought we were just sparring!”

“Hey if you can’t keep up I can go find a fillyscout for you to fight.”

“Hah, such a comedian Scoots…” Rumble growled. The two charged each other again but came skidding to a stop as Twilight teleported between them.

“That’s enough.” The elder mare said, smacking the two in the heads with her hoof and dropping them both to the ground. “I see you two still haven’t gotten this rivalry out of your systems yet.” The two rangers groaned as they sat up. “We agreed that the Element Rangers and the Thunder Rangers need to work together as one. Correct?” Twilight quizzed the two.

“Yes, a competitive spirit is healthy-“Scootaloo started, having heard this speech before.

“-as long as you don’t compromise honor and friendship.” Rumble finished, much to the mare’s annoyance.

“I was right in the middle of saying that!” The two rangers got up and locked each other again, only for another smack from Twilight to bring them both back down.

“If you two are gonna work together as leader and second in command-“

“Whoa hang on! I thought Sweetie was my second!” Scootaloo argued.

“She WAS. I spoke with the others and they agreed that Rumble would be a better fit for the role in case you aren’t around.” Twilight explained, getting a smirk from the stallion in question.

“You can keep up with me right?” The two rangers looked ready to go at it once again until Twilight intervened.

“Ok the two of you: wing-ups. Now.” The unicorn ordered. The two teenage Pegasus looked ready to argue this, until Twilight put her hoof back in the air. Knowing full well she would indeed strike them again the two rangers dropped onto their stomach’s and began pushing themselves up and down with the strength of their wings alone. While Scootaloo may have had less flying experience than Rumble, she was going fine keeping up with the Thunder Ranger.

Twilight smiled, thinking the two were past their competitive streak. She found herself sadly mistaken as the two locked eyes and began pushing themselves harder and harder, trying to outlast the other. Their teacher rolled her eyes.

“And just as I thought you two were past this.”


“Ok a little higher…..just a smidge…..perfect!” Applebloom said to her friend as Sweetie Belle finished putting the last bright yellow banner in place outside the Apple Family barn.

“How’s it look?”

“Looks great!” Sweetie dropped her magic, allowing the banner to hang in its spot of the side of the barn. The two looked over the banner that said ‘Ponyville Trek’. “If this trek had anything water related in it I would wash anyone away!”

“Oh, that would be fair. You in a water sport.” Applebloom joked as her older sister trotted over and inspected the banner.

“Great work you two. Now check this out.” The elder earth pony lead the two to a diagram map she had made up, outlining the whole trek. “Now, the trek starts on the opposite side of Ponyville. The racers will start with either a scooter or skateboard, their choice. Once they clear that point they’ll take a gallop to the moto track you finished up sugar cube.” Applejack said to her younger sibling. “Once they clear that its another gallop to the rock wall out behind the barn. First pony to the top, wins.” The older pony wiped her forehead with her trademark Stetson hat. “Either of you two enterin?”

“Nah uh. After last time ah’m not getting on a scooter again. I still got the bruises.” Applebloom said, shaking her heads while Sweetie Belle snickered the memory. Applejack chuckled to herself as two familiar Pegasus landed from the sky next to them. “Hiya Scootaloo, Rumble.” The yellow ranger greeted.

“Hey Applejack, you got an entry form for my scooter challenged friend here?” Scootaloo taunted, getting a small shove from the teenage Pegasus stallion.

“Individual, or are yall going in it as a team?” Applejack asked.

“Us? Together?” Rumble asked with a smirk.

“You got a better chance seeing me in a tutu.”

“Ah don’t know. You two sure argue like a couple.” Applebloom taunted, getting glares from her two Pegasus friends while Sweetie struggled not to laugh.

“Just checkin’.” Applejack hoofed over a signup form to the grey Pegasus. “Well, yer the second signup Rumble.”

“Who’s the first?” Rumble asked out of curiosity. The three mares looked at each other, and then back to the Pegasus ranger standing next to him. The thunder ranger let out an annoyed sigh as Scootaloo brushed his shoulder off.

“You’re toast dirt pony.” The red ranger taunted.

“Ah take offense to that!” Applebloom complained as Scootaloo began trotting off with a smirk, only for Rumble to cut her off.

“Hang on, you hear that?” Rumble asked, holding a hoof into the wind. “It sounds like….your hopes and dreams coming crashing down.”

“Very funny.” Scootaloo said sarcastically as the two trotted off.

“You were on to something about the arguing couple Applebloom.” Sweetie joked as she and her friend watched the two leave.

“They couldn’t be more obvious.”


Meanwhile above the planet a vessel circled around. The leader of this vessel, Nightmare Moon, The Alicorn of the Night, was doing her best to not look bored as one of her followers, a large minotaur by the name of Iron Will, was pitching the next monster to her. The monster, a kangaroo like creature, was punching away wildly at a punching bag.

“Bangers and bash my futuristic ruler! If you wanna defeat the rangers you have to lose the slab!”

“Does anypony have any idea at all what it’s saying?” Nightmare Moon asked annoyed.

“My pump tastic wheel of pain will give the rangers a bop wild pounding!” The creature declared.

“Where do you find these guys Will?” Gilda, the second follower of the night asked.

“I can’t control what the monster machine will spit out when I put a putty in!” Will defended. “And it’s not like we have a lot of options with Trixie gone.”

“Do not worry about Miss Lulamoon. Her replacement shall be here in time.” The black alicorn explained. “But please give me one reason to use this….”

“Bop-A-Roo you’re highness!” The kangaroo said, before the wheel on its chest began beeping before it stopped on a picture of a tidal wave. It turned, and then blasted Gilda with a stream of water, knocking the griffon over.

“Why you little!” Gilda sputtered.

“Enough!” Nightmare Moon ordered before rising to her hooves. She shot a glare at the energy sphere containing her older sister before looking the Bop-A-Roo up and down. “You will do for now.” The monster began jabbing at the air with its spiked boxing gloves, spouting out more nonsense as the soaked griffon and alicorn rolled their eyes.


Mud went flinging through the air. With the fuel scented air and the sounds of the dirt bikes Applebloom was finding herself right at home. She couldn’t say as much about her friend, however. Scootaloo was looking over a red bike they were using as she struggled to put on her riding gear.

“Remember to balance yerself on the bike Scoot!” The yellow ranger said loudly in order to be heard. “Not too far forward, not too far back….hey! Are you even listenin’?” Applebloom asked, giving Scootaloo a tap to the head.

“Yeah yeah yeah, I heard you. Applebloom, if I can ride my Tsunami Cycle just fine then a bike shouldn’t be that hard.”

“Yer power’s are the reason you can ride the cycle.” The earth pony argued.

“All you need to do is tell me how to beat Rumble, ok?” Scootaloo said.

“Scootaloo have you seen him ride? If he wasn’t a ranger he could make a go of it full time.” Applebloom reasoned. The Pegasus rolled her eyes and slipped her riding helmet on.

“Whatever.” Scootaloo kicked the starter and revved the bike up. Applebloom snickered and took a step back. “Here I go!” The red ranger hit the throttle hard, but because she didn’t listen to her friends advice sped off forward with no control. Struggling with the bike, Scootaloo crashed into a wall of hay bales and went flipping over the handle bars. Wincing at how much that had to her Applebloom galloped over to help.


Not that far from the two Rumble finished strapping on a helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads. Since he knew there was no way he could beat Scootaloo on her scooter, he decided to go with a skateboard instead. Standing on the board, he ducked forward to ride down a ramp. But due to his inexperience the board came out from under him and sending him landing hard on the pavement below. Button Mash winced but held back his laughter.

“So, what do you call that one?” He asked as he pulled Rumble up.

“I’m just loose that’s all.”

“So’s your board.” Button teased his brother. Rumble growled.

“Look, I gotta beat Scootaloo! I don’t care what I have to do!” Button took a defensive step back.

“Hey whatevers going on between you two is your business. But you guys got to start working more like a team instead of all of this.” Rumble retrieved his board and went back to the top of the ramp he was training on.

“Whatever.” The crimson ranger kicked off on his board but soon met the pavement again, his legs bending in ways they weren’t meant to be bent. Button held a hoof out to his brother.

“You might also want to get a stunt double.” The navy ranger teased.


With the hot sun shining down on her back, Scootaloo jogged at her own pace to build up her cardio, ignoring that ranger duty along gave her that. Thanks to the sweat running down her the red ranger’s fuchsia color mane clung to her forehead. Making it to the top of two flights of stairs and taking a left, she was both surprised and annoyed as Rumble came from the other way, jogging beside her now. Like her the sweat was causing his mane to loose its windswept form.

“Thought I smelled something.” Scootaloo taunted.

“It’s called defeat! By the way, since this trail is opened to the public, no ranger tricks.” Rumble warned. The Pegasus mare growled and increased her pace so she could keep up. But they two rangers weren’t expecting to see a monster as they rounded the corner.

“Land differious you two!” Bop-A-Roo taunted as the surprised rangers took their fighting stances. “You can tall my bodacious self the Boxing Bop-A-Roo!” The two pegasi looked at each other, both very confused. “A bouncing baddie with bodacious bombastitiy!” The monster turned it’s spiked glove and fired off a charge of energy, catching the two off guard and flooring them both. “Check me out! I’m the prognivicator of powerful punches!”

“Do you have any idea what this guys’ saying?” Scootaloo asked Rumble, still very confused.

“Forget it, it’s time to morph!” Rumble had his morpher ready to go. “Thunderstorm! Ran-“

“Whoa whoa whoa!” Scootaloo said loudly, forcing Rumble to stop. “I’m in charge here remember? I say when we can morph!” Rumble took a step forward and got snout to snout with the mare.

“Going to do something if I don’t listen?” The Bop-A-Roo fired off another charge, forcing the two to push each other back to avoid the charge. Scootaloo growled.

“Ok, now it’s morphin’ time!” The two rangers had their morphers ready.

“Element Storm!”

“Thunder Storm!”

“Ranger Form! HA!” The morphing vortex formed around the Scootaloo while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to Rumble’s forehooves and shoulders as this helmet launched into the air. The stallion’s helmet landed perfect on his heads while his friends’ outfit snapped to her body. Both rangers visors closed at the same time.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Thunder!”

Scootaloo pulled out her Element Blade while Rumble summoned his Thunder Staff. Both rangers kept their distance from the monster, not quite sure what to expect from it.

“Did you miss the memo? Zoo’s that way!” The red ranger taunted.

“I’m flabbergasted!”

“I’ll get him!” Rumble shouted.

“No I will!” Both rangers flipped through the air and brought their weapons down, striking the Bop-A-Roo and forcing it to stumble back with sparks. The wheel on its chest began spinning and beeping until it landed on a picture of a burning house.

“Ensuing Flames!” The monster unleashed a column of flames that resulted in a large explosion, sending Scootaloo and Rumble flipping and screaming through the air before they came crashing down. “Bodacious and banglorius!”

“I’m getting tired of trying to understand this guy…” Rumble groaned.

“I’m just getting tired!” Scootaloo pulled out her Hawk Blaster and began firing. “Bye bye Bop-A-Roo!” The shots exploded off the monsters face. Then it’s chest wheel began spinning again, landing on lightning bolts.

“Have you met my banglorious wheel of bombdifferist fun!?” Scootaloo aimed again, only Rumble to knock her blaster away with his staff.

“No! You already tried that remember?”

“What are you doing?! I’ll handle it!” Scootaloo shouted, getting back in Rumble’s face.

“Blundering bickering rangers! Ready to get blasted?!” The Bop-A-Roo let off a stream on lightning, completely flooring Scootaloo, yet Rumble was able to defend himself with his staff. Holding off the charge the ranger began stepping forward.

“Let me handle this, thunder style!” Rumble groaned, pushing forward under the strain of the attack until he was close enough. “Thunder Staff full power!” The charge from the monsters attack had powered up the rangers weapon. Letting the charge back and swinging with an upward motion Rumble was able to cause several burst of energy and smoke to emit from the monster as he shouldered his weapon.

“He who rumbles and runs away….lives to brawl another day!” The monster declared before making a break for it. Scootaloo pulled herself up after struggling.

“Hey wait a minute!” But she knew it was no good to chase after the monster. Scootaloo slowly turned and glared at Rumble from under her visor.

“What?” The stallion challenged.

“You let him get away! I would’ve pounded that guy!”

“Or he would’ve pounded you.” The two rangers stood helmet to helmet before they heard the sound of galloping.

“There they are!” In their morphed forms Sweetie Belle, Applebloom and Button Mash finally found the two rangers. “Spike told us something was going on! You two ok?”

“I’m fine Sweetie, but I’ve had it up to here with this guy!” Scootaloo complained, pointing at Rumble.

“Look, you want to make something of it?” Rumble challenged, getting a glare from his partner. Scootaloo’s blood was now boiling at this point. The three other rangers could sense this was going south fast as the two continued to smack talk the other.

“Ok guys, that’s enough. Save it for when that thing comes back.” Button warned.

“We’re supposed to be a team now, remember?” Applebloom asked, but the two rangers didn’t dare take an eye off the other. They each slowly took a step back, making their friends think they weren’t going to do this. Then Scootaloo and Rumble let out a yell and charged at one another, their blade and staff out and ready for battle.

“Guys stop it!!!!” Sweetie yelled as she and the other two ran to get in between the bickering rangers, only to be tossed out of the way. Scootaloo swung with her blade, only for Rumble to block each strike. Their weapons locked together, drawing the two growling rangers helmet to helmet. Then they tossed their weapons aside and began exchanging blows.

“Knock it off!” Button tried to pull the two apart, only for the two to sweep high and low, flooring the navy ranger before tossing him aside. Then they went back to their fight. Scootaloo would try a leg sweep, only for Rumble to flip over, catching the red ranger’s front hoof. Twisting it he caused the Pegasus mare to flip back, but wasn’t expecting Scootaloo to land and twist his back leg forward instead.

“Cut it out you two!!” Applebloom tried her luck in breaking the two apart, only for her to be tossed over to her friends. Then to the threes horror the two fighting rangers glowed, and pinged ponged away. “Great, those two could be anywhere now!” Button popped his neck as he got up.

“You know, if they weren’t trying to kill each other you’d think they have a lot more in common.”


“This cruise crawcasious!” Up above the planet on Nightmare Moon’s vessel the Bop-A-Roo had safely returned, and was proceeding to annoy the alicorn of the night and her followers, even the one who made him.

“Can somepony get this fool to cease bouncing? It is making me nauseous.” Nightmare Moon complained.

“With pleasure….” Gilda walked over and slashed at the back of the monster, causing sparks to come flying off.

“I do hereby apologize your nightly monificence!” The alicorn glared at Iron Will.

“Thou would send a mumble mouth marsupial to battle the Defenders of Equestria.” Nightmare Moon complained. “However, I do look at the ‘bright’ side.” The alicorn said, spitting out the word bright. “It did survive the battle with the rangers. Maybe we should send it back. But with something…..more. Iron Will, oblige me.”

“As you wish your majesty.” Iron Will pulled out a scroll, opening it and pointing it at the Bop-A-Roo. A burst of magic struck the monster, causing its boxing gloves to grow larger, black, and with more spikes embedded in it.

“Gargantuan gloves for a monster brew ha ha!”


Their lungs burned as Scootaloo and Rumble galloped as fast as their legs could carry them. Every time one would get the lead, the other would find a burst of energy from within to catch back up. The two glared at each other as they continued to race neck and neck until they burst out of the forest they were running in, and out along the wet beach.

“Are those two still going at it?” Button Mash asked as he, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Spike and Twilight watched on from Element Ops.

“We got a monster kangaroo out causing chaos and those two are playing follow the leader!” The blue ranger complained. Spike only shrugged. He didn’t have a whole lot to say about the situation, but Twilight did.

“Give them time.”

“But how much time Twilight? When are they going to get it through their thick skulls?”

“They both have to learn that the best quality of being a leader is to understand when to be a follower.” The elder unicorn explained.

“You know, for a librarian, yer awfully deep Twilight.” Applebloom commented. Back to the racing rangers Scootaloo and Rumble were pushing themselves harder and harder, even using their wings to try to gain the advantage. Now racing in Ponyville, not caring they were still morphed, the two found themselves racing along the river. Finally having enough Scootaloo lunged sideway at Rumble, sending the two screaming into the river below them.

Once they hit the water the two were forced to dimorph, but Scootaloo found herself out of breath from their run, and struggling to reach for the surface. It was a known fact that when a Pegasus was submerged in water their wings became waterlogged, rendering them unable to fly until they dried out. About to take a breath of water Scootaloo saw a grey hoof wrap around hers, yanking her to the surface and onto the wet riverbed.

Rumble and Scootaloo laid on the riverbed for several minutes, panting away as they tried to recover from their run.

“….good….run there….Rumble.” The red ranger panted.

“Did you….just give me….props?” The teenage stallion asked, breathing in big gulps of air.

“Guess I…..did…” Scootaloo panted. The two stared at each other for the longest time, before slowly they chuckled. Little by little their chuckling turned into full laughter as they pulled themselves up into a sitting position. “What the heck are we even doing?”

“Trying to one up each other I guess.” The two finally stopped laughing and sat there in silence, taking in the flow of the river. “I bet you the others are worried about us.” Rumble said quietly.

“Or they’re placing their bets on how long it takes us to….” Scootaloo stopped. Rumble looked at her with a smirk.

“Want to finish that?” Scootaloo sighed and looked back at him.

“You been getting it from them too eh?”

“…yeah. Funny, I gave Button the treatment about him and Sweetie Belle, but I don’t see them fighting each other.” Scootaloo giggled at this.

“So, me and you? As partners? A team even?” Rumble looked back towards the water and sat in silence.

“It’s only ever been me and Button Mash for the longest time. No Twilight, no mare problems, nopony to answer to except us.” Scootaloo looked at him, before scooting closer to the sand and to the stallions surprise rested her head on his shoulder.

“You got us now Rumble. Not just me; you got Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. Spike and Twilight. We all look out for each other because it’s the right thing to do.” Rumble took all of this in before resting his chin on top of her head.

“I hear you Scootaloo. And I think I get it finally.”

“Me too.” The two pegasi moved and looked into each others eyes with a smile. “We should probably dry off and find the others.” The two got back onto their hooves, only to almost fall back down as the ground shook beneath them. Climbing up the riverbank the two saw a familiar looking monster arriving down in Ponyville. “Want take a guess?” Scootaloo asked.

“I don’t want to take any chances.” Both rangers stood firm with their morphers ready.

“Element Storm!”

“Thunder Storm!”

“Ranger Form! HA!” The morphing vortex formed around the Scootaloo while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to Rumble’s forehooves and shoulders as this helmet launched into the air. The stallion’s helmet landed perfect on his heads while his friends’ outfit snapped to her body. Both rangers visors closed at the same time.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Thunder!” The two pegasi hurried up the dirt paths of Ponyville in search of the Bop-A-Roo.

“I think he went somewhere over here.” Scootaloo trotted around a corner and came skidding back to Rumble. “That’s it alright.” The red ranger peeked around the corner and noted the monster punching its larger fist together. “And it got an upgrade. We need the others.”

“On it.” Rumble lifted his morpher. “Spike? Are the others with you? The kangaroo clown is back for round two. We need some help!” The drake rolled in his chair over to the monitor.

“You two kissed and make up yet?” Spike teased.

“Oh haha very funny.” Scootaloo said sarcastically. From Element Ops Sweetie laughed at the two.

“Tell them we’re on our way Spike.” The blue ranger said as she, Button Mash and Applebloom lined up.

“Ready?”

“Ready!”

“Element Storm!”

“Thunder Storm!”

“Ranger Form! HA!” The familiar morphing vortex formed around the mares while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to Button Mash’s forehooves and shoulders as his helmet launched into the air. The stallion’s helmet landed perfect on his head while his friends’ outfit snapped to their bodies. The three rangers visors all closed at the same time.

“Power of Water!”

“Power of Thunder!”

“Power of Earth!”

In a flash the five rangers stood together as a team, taking their fighting stances as the Bop-A-Roo sized the group of ponies up.

“Ready for a beating from the maniacal mad marsupial?!”

“What did it say?” Sweetie asked, confused.

“We’ve been trying to figure that out.” Scootaloo said.

“A convenient congregation of combustible annihilation!” The wheel on the monsters chest began spinning again, once more landing on the burning house. Glowing a bright purple, the Bop-A-Roo fired off a larger burst of flames, sending the five rangers crashing to the ground. “Ah ha! Equestrian fried rangers!” Slowly pulling herself up the smoking red ranger looked on, growing frustrated.

“I’ve had enough of this! Put them together guys!” Scootaloo and her friends combined their weapons while the brothers combined theirs. "Storm Striker!"

"Thunder Blaster!"

“Fire!” Both Scootaloo and Rumble shouted. Both weapons unleashed their charges, intertwining with one another before combining for one large blast. The Bop-A-Roo cowered, but before the attack could finish it off a shimmering wall appeared in front of it. “What the?!” The blast from the rebound off the shimmering wall and struck the rangers, sending them flailing around in sparks and pain.

“Some kind of shield….”Rumble noted before two familiar figures landed right beside the Bop-A-Roo. One was a griffon, the other was a large minotaur with two large swords.

“Her majesty sends a little message to you five brats: us.” Gilda taunted as she flexed her claws.

“Great, the whole families here.” Scootaloo groaned as the Bop-A-Roo punched her square in the chest, sending her flying back. Sweetie had to jump over Will’s sword to avoid being hacked into pieces. Applebloom pulled out her Element Blade and began exchanging sword blows with the minotaur. Both she and Sweetie flipped over another strike before Will struck the unicorn in the chest with his large elbow, sending the ranger staggering.

Scootaloo suffered more strikes at the large spiked hands of the monster, knocking her down, yet she was able to roll away before it could bring its large foot down on top of her. Applebloom was sent staggering as Will landed sword strikes against her, before being pinned up against a wall.

“Give it up why don’t ya?!” The ranger complained before being tossed around like a toy. Gilda caught a strike from Rumble’s staff before slashing at his chest, flipping the ranger over. The griffon ducked under a strike from Button Mash. Then she caught every punch the ranger threw and returned several of her own, knocking the earth pony off his hooves.

“Keep a close eye on the birdie ranger boy.” In an instant Gilda vanished in a blur of speed, rapidly slashing and clawing away at the navy ranger, causing large amounts of sparks and energy to come flying off Button. “Thought you dweebs were better than this.” The griffon ducked under another strike from Rumble and his staff, jumping up and balancing on the tip of it. Spinning on one leg the griffon floored Rumble and sent him crashing over to his brother.

Scootaloo took to the air and brought her Element Blade down on the Bop-A-Roo, but the monster smacked the attack away with its large gloves and struck Scootaloo again in the chest. Rolling onto her back the ranger weakly held up her morpher.

“Spike, whats the deal with this guy?” At Element Ops the drake was going over the readings on the monster.

“Bop-A-Roo can only destroyed by deflecting its own energy back onto itself.” Another strike from Gilda sent Rumble flying and crashing a short distance from Scootaloo. “You ok?”

“Any ideas Scoot?” Rumble asked weakly.

“Spike! Is there anyway for me and Rumble to combine our energy? Would that be enough to send the beam back?” The red ranger asked as her friend came crawling over.

“We can give it a go. Spike, can you draw the power from me?”

“I’ll try.” The teenage drake began typing wildly at the keyboard before slamming down on the button. “I’m channeling it directly into your Element Blade Scootaloo!” Rumble pointed a hoof at his friends blade as a burst of energy came out of him, striking the sword and causing it to glow and spark wildly.

“Hope this works!” Scootaloo pulled herself up as the monster began bouncing around.

“I got the red ranger on the ropes!”

“You’re the one that’s going down for the count!” The monster fired off a charge of energy that Scootaloo blocked with her blade, much like Rumble did with his staff earlier in the day. Clutching the blade and struggling to hold it the pegasus mare let the blade fill with energy.

“Element Blade! Thunder Power!!!!” The monster charged forward, only for Scootaloo to unleash a large strike of energy, completely flooring the Bop-A-Roo.

“Ready?!” Applebloom asked a she and her friends combined their weapons again. Rumble and Button Mash did the same with theirs.

“Totally!”

“Not so fast!” Gilda pulled out a scroll, forming another shimmering shield between her, Iron Will, and the struggling Bop-A-Roo. “Your little squirt guns cant get through this.”

“That looks pretty strong guys.” Sweetie noted.

“What now?” Scootaloo asked. Rumble looked between the two blasters, before a crazy idea came to his head.

“What if we combine all our weapons?” The red ranger thought it over, before nodding.

“That might work!” As if they were meant to be put together the end of the Thunder Cannon attached perfectly to the end of the Storm Striker. Rumble and Button Mash knelt down and held the larger weapon over their shoulders while Sweetie and Applebloom held up the front. Scootaloo took hold of the trigger.

“Thunderstorm Cannon!!!!” The five rangers called out. Gilda and Iron Will backed up nervously.

“I say we beat it!”

“Don’t need to tell me!” In a flash the two followers vanished, leaving only the Bop-A-Roo.

“My buddies have bailed on me!”

“FULL POWER!!!” The cannon glowed as energy filled up inside before Scootaloo pulled the trigger. A blast that was twice as large as any of their single weapon shots came roaring out, tearing through the shield like it was tissue paper and exploding on the Bop-A-Roo. The monster screamed out as it sparked before exploding in a large fireball.

“Yeah!”

All right!”

“Woo hoo!” The five rangers began celebrating their latest victory as Spike and Twilight watched on from Element Ops.

“I have to admit, I’m pleasantly surprised.” Spike said with a smirk.

“You underestimated the power of their leadership.” The elder unicorn said.


From up above the planet on Nightmare Moon’s vessel the Alicorn of the Night only sighed in disappointment.

“Giveth me one reason not to send you back down there Will?”

“Umm…” The minotaur had nothing to say.

“I have heard enough then.” The alicorn aimed at the planet and fired off a large charge of energy, striking the remains of the Bop-A-Roo. The remained glowed before regrowing into a much larger version of the monster.

“I’m a bigggggggg boppa!”The rangers took a step back, knowing what came next.

“Spike! It’s zord time!” Scootaloo said into the communicator.

“On their way!” Spike slammed the button. From the hillside a large navy color zord ramped over and into their view. The hill collapsed as the Crimson Insectizoid came driving right through it. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel.

Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head. The two thunder zords drove towards each other before taking to the air in a cyclone formation. Blast of lightning came flying off as the Beetle Zord shifted, forming the lower half of the machine. The claw that made up the head latched itself to the Insectizoid as it shifted to form the top half. Both halves finally formed, connecting as the threads from the Insectizoid revved up, now making both arms.

Both chest of the megazords opened, both sending out the red power sphere that formed The Serpent Sword.

“I’m feeling pumped up!!!” The Bop-A-Roo came charging forward, with the two megazords moving to meet it head on. Both giant machines brought their swords down, only for the monster to stop the strikes with its now massive gloves. “Doubly denied!” As both Megazords stumbled back the Bop-A-Roo started bouncing again. “I’m a hot, hopping, king of fun!” Spinning its arm like it was winding up a fastball the monster shot out a large fireball punch, sending both Megazords crashing down.

“Scootaloo! Rumble! Call the minizord!” Spike said as he pressed the button, sending the correct power disc to the two rangers.

“Ready Rumble?”

“Oh yeah!” Both rangers put the power disc in the slot.

“Locked, and dropped!” Both rangers turned the disc at the same time. Both Megazords opened as two similar spheres began circling each other. One sphere was gold while the other was silver. Both spheres opened as two halves of a smaller zord fused together. The zord, a dark blue color with a crescent moon on its chest hovered over the battle.

“I am Minizord! Thunderstorm Megazord formation, engage!” The head of their Megazord rose off as its arms folded before the whole body turned around in place with the head of the Lion Zord latching onto the chest with its mane spinning in place. The chest of the Thunder Megazord opened as the Megazord itself split down the middle as pieces rearranged themselves to form the new arms.

The Element Megazord drifted into the middle as the arms and feet clamped into place before the Mini Zord itself folded into the new head piece and hands. The Dolphin Zord and Insectizoid heads clamped onto the new Megazord's shoulders as both heads opened to form gatling cannons on the shoulders. The fists clashed together as a charge of energy exploded around the megazord as the ground around it altered.

“Thunder Lion Cannon! Fire!!!” The Megazord pulled a ripcord from its chest, rapidly charging its lion chest piece with such force that the resulting blast from the chest piece plus the added boost from the shoulder cannons struck the Bop-A-Roo, causing it to scream out before it exploded once and for all.


“At the very least we do not have to put up with that monotonous marsupial any longer. It was beginning to give me a headache.” Nightmare Moon complained from her throne. Iron Will and Gilda stood by, trying to think of the next plan of attack against the rangers. “Trying to think are thee? Do not bother.”

“And why is that your highness?” Will asked.

“I doubt that thy could come up with any good plans of attack at the moment.” Nightmare Moon said, before giving a sinister smirk. “But I know of somepony who just might.” The vessel began shaking and letting out burst of energy as a blinding light covered the three before dissipating. When they could see again Gilda and Iron Will saw a pony kneeling at Nightmare Moon’s throne. “I want the two of you to meet Trixie’s replacement: Sunset Shimmer.” The unicorn got onto her hooves, a mean look in her eyes at she glared at Will and Gilda.

“It’s a true honor your majesty.” Sunset said.


With the number 43 hanging over her front and back Scootaloo took in the cheering crowd as she kicked away hard on her trademark scooter. Her friends cheered her on, Rumble watching with the number 11 on him. The red ranger took to the air as she landed four spins on her scooter, handing off the next part of the contest to her partner.

Further ahead on the course in his riding gear and looking like a champion Rumble rode on ahead of other racers as the crowd and his friends cheered on. Scootaloo herself was loud cheering as the crimson ranger flew off the dirt track and came sliding down, extending their lead further.

"Rumble's ripping it up yall!" Applebloom said happily, bumping hooves with Scootaloo. In the last part of the trek both Scootaloo and Rumble ran side by side, having gained a large enough lead that they knew there was no possible way they could lose. Once they reached Sweet Apple Acres the two suited up, and began climbing up the rock wall that was built for the competition. Both ponies climbed at an even pace, and when they saw the finish bar they had to touch in order to win both Scootaloo and Rumble bumped hooves, before touching the bar at the same time.

The crowd and their friends cheered loudly as both descended down to the ground where Applejack was waiting with their trophy.

"And they've done it! The winners of this years Ponyville Trek are Scootaloo and Rumble!" Both pegasi held the trophy over their heads as a pair of medals were put around their necks.

"Way to go guys!" Sweetie said as her and the others got to the two ponies.

"Are you guys finally over this?" Applebloom asked. Both pegasi laughed.

"I think we've finally put this rivalry past us." Scootaloo said happily.

"You two decided on anything else?" Button Mash asked with a knowing smirk. His two friends leaned in with their bodyweights being fifty percent smirks by this point. The two pegasi blushed lightly before looking at each other.

"Remember what we talked about earlier Rumble? About being partners, a team and all that?" Rumble chuckled.

"We finally learned something at the time." Both pegasi looked at each other before bumping hooves again.

"But, do you think.....we can be more?" Scootaloo asked, actually sounding nervous. Rumble looked at her in thought before smiling and putting a hoof around the red rangers neck.

"Wouldnt want to be with anypony else Scoot." The two pegasi nuzzled while their friends cheered on before dog piling on the two, causing all five friends to laugh happily.