• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,550 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,550

Return of Thunder Part 3

While the big freeze continue to affect most (if not all) of Equestria a few ponies were able to thrive because of it. Most of the ponies just happened to belong in the fashion business. In Ponyville Sweetie Belle's older sister Rarity was up to her neck in business as the snow and cold continue to rise.

"Please darlings if we can keep a single file line I can check you out in orderly fashion." The unicorn said as she bundled herself up.

"Excuse me do you have boots in a bigger size?" A pony asked her.

"I'm sorry but those are my last ones."

"But I can barely fit in these!" Rarity looked around for a solution, and she found it. The mare floated over a pair of boots she was making for Sweetie's friend and teammate Applebloom."

"Riding Boots! They'll keep you warm and they look stylish too!" The pony looked over them before nodding. "Great! I'll meet you up front." Rarity began pushing through the crowd. "Sweetie if you werent my sister I would fire you for not showing up...." The mare muttered to herself.


On the island that was slowly sinking into the ocean four ponies were slowing down as they trotted, signs of exhaustion hitting. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom and Button Mash were panting and starting to shiver when it was just warm a few hours eariler.

"Hey is it just me or is it getting chilly out here?" Applebloom asked.

"I would say its just you, but its getting cold out here that's for sure." Scootaloo panted. Sweetie groaned as she rubbed her hooves.

"I would really like to know why we can morph just fine, but can't reach Element Ops. Spike and Twilight are probably getting worried sick about us.

"Twilight maybe, ah don't know so much Spike." Applebloom teased, getting a chuckle out of the group.

"They might be able to do something if they knew where we are."

"Vertical Island." Button said calmly, causing the three mares to stop moving and looked right at him. The ranger noticed the looks he was getting. "What?"

"Do you have anything else you wanna share with the class?" Scootaloo asked, glaring at the stallion. Button thought about it before shaking his head.

"You don't wanna know."

"Try us." Sweetie dared. The navy ranger looked at her before sighing.

"I heard Nightmare Moon talking with her followers about this island, before she sent me and Rumble back to Equestria."

"....and?" Scootaloo said, wanting an answer.

"This island doesnt exist on any map. It rises from the sea every two hundred or so years." Button explained.

"And then what?" Applebloom asked.

"Well thats the harsh part." The stallion explained. Sweetie was quickly able to put two and two together, and it didnt look good.

"You're telling us this island is gonna sink back into the ocean with us on it?!"

"Told you that you didnt wanna know." Button said with a slight smirk. Scootaloo didnt find anything funny about the situation.

"Ok...ok we need to get to higher ground. Then we can figure out more from there."


Back at Element Ops while the teenage drake and unicorn mare struggled to keep warm the computer started beeping madly as it pulled up a thermal reading of the island Spike was studying eariler.

"Systems picked up something." Spike shivered as he zoomed in. His eyes widen at the results. "Found them!"

"Are you s-s-sure?" Twilight shivered.

"It has to be! I followed the tracking system via heat readings."

"Thats g-g-g-good then."

"Not exactly." Spike said grimly. "They are on a island thats sinking rapidly into the ocean.....and they're not alone..."


On a part of the island filled with jaded rocks, boulders and stones of all kinds a lone figure stumbled around madly. Rumble growled and panted wildly as he stumbled about, still in his morph form and still looking for Button Mash. Trudging on through more toxic steam the ranger swung blindly with his Thunder Staff.

"Button where are you?!?!" The thunder ranger screamed. "Must destroy Button Mash!!!" Unknown to the ranger he was being followed by a unicorn mare.

"That's right fool....lead Trixie right to them." The follower of Nightmare Moon cackled quietly.

"MUST DESTROY BUTTON!!!!"


The four rangers slowly trotted on, climbing the highest point they could find. The four helped each other reach the peak of the island that overlooked all sides. Applebloom finally collapsed from her sore legs.

"We can rest for awhile." Scootaloo panted.

"Anypony else worried we havent seen Rumble for a few hours?" The yellow ranger asked.

"Not me. I can get use to him not kicking out flanks." Scootaloo groaned, noticing the glare the earth pony stallion was giving him. "No offense Button but the guy doesnt play well with others." Button groaned.

"Look, Rumble's a great ranger. One day you'll be thankful he has his powers."

"Sure, the day he stops using them on us." Sweetie rolled her eyes at Scootaloo before scooting closer to Button.

"How did you get them anyway?" The mare asked.

"What?"

"You're powers. You never told us how any of it happened." Button chuckled.

"You never told me how you three got yours."

"Nightmare Moon pulled our school into the sky and everypony with it, including Celestia. Twilight gifted us the powers as a way to fight her." Scootaloo explained.

"Although Spike would say we were the only choices." Applebloom said, poking away at the dirt with a stick.

"Ever stop to think maybe thats how it was suppose to be?" Button asked.

"No need to get deep on us." Scootaloo teased. "Come on, how'd you get them?"

"Sure you wanna know? It's a long story."

"It's that or watch Applebloom poke at the dirt all day." Applebloom looked at the stick in her hooves before tossing it off the cliff. Button smirked before looking at the three, sitting across from the mares.

"My mom, my birth mom, passed away when I was just out of elementary school. Rumble's family took me in without a moment's thought. From then on they were my family: Rumble, our older brother Thunderlane and their parents. Our parents went to an academy a lot like the one you go to, except they learned in the ways of Thunder. And then....one day they died. We were never told how, only that it was in battle. Rumble took it the hardest, but Thunderlane was there to pick us up, and make sure we were still a family." Button explained. "Our parents taught Thunderlane all the ways to fight as a Thunder, and when me and Rumble were older he taught us. For a while it felt like we belonged somewhere. The both of us excelled in our training, until Thunderlane felt we couldnt learn anymore from him. So he sent us to the Thunder Academy to learn more....but not before gifting us with these." The earth pony looked at the morpher on his hoof.

"The morphers were passed down to our parents for protection. Then they passed them to Thunderlane who felt like we were the ones who would know what to do with them.

"Like how Celestia trusted Twilight with our morphers." Sweetie said, noting the similarities.

"At the academy it felt like we were being groomed for something as we continued to train, but we didn't know for what. Our last day was our final training day before the master was ready to graduate us from students to Masters...."

"...then she came didnt she?" Scootaloo asked, referencing Nightmare Moon. Button closed his eyes as if it were a painful memory.

"The putties and her followers were everywhere. It was the first time we ever morphed, but even that wasnt enough to save us, or the school. Like yours it was pulled up, and Rumble and me being trapped in those spheres like the others-"

"When you go in one of those ball things whats it feel like?" Applebloom asked, cutting Button off. "Is it weird? Does it feel cool like going off of-"

"Not the point Applebloom." Scootaloo said.

"Oh right, no continue." The ranger apologized. Button looked at her before chuckling. He could get use to this.

"Once on Nightmare Moon's vessel she was surprised to have two rangers in her captivity. However she decided it would be best to use us for her needs. Thats when she told us the lie about out parents, and how Twilight had everything to do with it."

"Thats when you went medieval on us." Scootaloo teased.

"Let's not go there again." Sweetie groaned.

"You gotta understand that Rumble's a good pony. He's loyal to the very end, no matter how that end comes. Some would consider that a good trait to have." Button explained.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What trait would you have?" Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'm good at making people laugh when they need it." The mare thought about it, but let the stallion continue his thoughts.

"But if Rumble believes somepony has wronged him in any way he wont rest until they're even."

"Button we get that but why is he taking out on us?" Applebloom asked.

"Trixie used some kind of mind altering spell on us to make us think you were out enemies."

"How come you got over it?" Button smiled.

"Cause I had more help figuring who my friends were." Sweetie Belle had heard enough. Scooting closer she put a hoof around Button.

"Then that's what Rumble needs. Come on, we need to find him." Button and Scootaloo rosed back to their hooves, determined to help set the Thunder Ranger straight. Applebloom rubbed her hooves before Scootaloo dragged her away to begin searching.


Rumble groaned in agony as he pulled and clutched his way up the lonely trail. Trixie was following close behind, rolling her eyes at how weak the pony before her was becoming.

"Whats...happened to me?" The stallion groaned.

"Do we have to go over this again?" Trixie stopped the stallion by trotting in front of him. "Your brother betrayed you to the other rangers. Say it! Your brother betrayed you!"

"...Button betrayed me...." Rumble growled.

"Thats right! Button Mash bad, Trixie good! Now pull yourself together!" Trixie lifted the stallion up and gave him another dose of the toxic steam to the face. Rumble stumbled backwards, Thunderstaff still out.

"No more rangers!!!!" The pegasus laughed madly, slipping closer to the point of no return. The mad ranger galloped off to continue his hunt. Trixie laughed to herself before getting a small headache, as thought somepony was reaching out to her.

"General? Oh General?" Nightmare Moon said in her head.

"Good to hear from you your majesty."

"I wish to applaud you on the good work so far. So to reward you I am sending thee some extra muscle."

"Do I know him?"

"You know him alright. He's the one with the giant snail on his back and the clammed face." Super Toxipod laughed at the description of him from the alicorn. "No go, and do not make me regret putting my trust in thee."

"I won't your highness!"


Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Button Mash had to hold their noses closed as they trotted through a rocky field with yellow steam emitting from the ground.

"This island stinks..." The earth pony mare groaned. Button was watching his step when he heard the sounds of a pony groaning and yelling pain. Up ahead he saw his mad brother rolling down a sand dune uncontrollably.

"Girls check it out!" The three saw Rumble stumble back onto his hooves, not noticing the four yet.

"Button!!!!! BUTTON!!!!" Rumble howled wildly. The four ponies took a step towards the ranger when a blasted stopped them in their tracks. As the steam cleared Super Toxipod was slowly stalking towards them, cackling evilly.

"You ponies better bail, cause I'm one bad snail!"

"If you're a snail why do you look more like a crab?" Applebloom taunted.

"Crab, snail, whatever!" The monster fired off more explosive charges that the four avoided back flipping backwards to safety.

"Button, you can leave him to us and chase after Rumble, or you can give us a hoof." Scootaloo suggested. Button looked past the monster, wanting so badly to chase after his brother, but knew what he had to do.

"I'm with you three." Button said, standing with the Element Rangers for the first time. The four rangers took a fighting stance, facing off with Super Toxipod.

"You guys ready then?"

"Ready!" In a flash the two sets of morphers were out.

"Element Storm!"

"Thunder Storm!"

"Ranger Form! Ha!" The morphing vortex formed around the mares while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to Buttons forehooves and shoulders as their helmets launched into the air. His helmet landed perfect on his head while the mares outfits snapped to their bodies. All four visors snapped shut in sync.

"Power of Air!"

"Earth!

"Water!"

"Power of Thunder!"

"Hyah!" The four rangers squared off with Super Toxipod. Scootaloo and her friends pulled out their Element Blades while Button summoned his weapon: Horn Breaker.

"I can take you all!" The snail charged forward.

"Dream on! Shadow Battle!" Button called. Super Toxipod was overtaken by darkness, unable to see as each ranger delivered a direct strike to the creature. When one ranger struck another would be there to give more damage. The darkness finally cleared with Button having his weapon clamped around Super Toxipods waist, sending off charges of navy energy. "Where's Rumble?!"

"Why do you care?! You'll never get off this island!"

"Nevers a long time dude!" Button lifted the creature over his head and gave it a decent toss. Super Toxipod thrashed in pain as Scootaloo and her friends combined their weapons.

"Storm Striker!" The three mares aimed down the sights as the snail got back onto its feet. "Ready?"

"Aim."

"Fire!" The weapon charged up its energy before firing a large energy sphere that collided head on with the creature. Super Toxipod screamed in agony before collapsing in a fiery explosion. Each ranger looked on before regrouping.

"Everypony ok?"

"Where's Rumble?" Button asked, looking for his brother. "Rumble! Where are you?" The stallion called out. He got his answer as the mad ranger stumbled out from the rising tide.

"There you are!!!!" Rumble charged blindly forward.

"Wait stop!" Scootaloo and her friends tried to stop the ranger only to be shoved aside.

"Rumble wait!" Rumble began striking the earth stallion with his Thunderstaff, sending sparks off his brother. Button caught the last attack under his hoof and pulled Rumble close. "Snap out of it! Nightmare Moon did something to you!"

"Liar!!!" Rumble lifted Button up, striking the pony out of the air and sending him crashing to the rocks beneath him.

"Girls, Button needs us!" Scootaloo said as she and her friends got back up. The three were instead cut off by Trixie.

"Not so fast! Trixie wants to play!" The mare charged forward as Rumble hacked away at Button, who still refused to fight back.

"Rumble you gotta trust me!"

"Why should I?!" Rumble kicked Buttons legs from underneath him and pressed his staff against the ponies throat, while Trixie caught the three Element Blades before returning the charge and taking Scootaloo, Sweetie and Applebloom down.

"She's nothing to laugh at!" Scootaloo groaned as Rumble pushed down on his brother.

"Rumble please..." Button pleaded.

"You betrayed me!" The mad ranger growled. "And you'll pay for your betrayal!"

"Trixie and Nightmare Moon....they betrayed us!" Button pleaded. "Think Rumble! Think!" Rumble pushed down as memories began filling his head. The ranger cocked his head as his vision began turning red.


"Surprise!!!!" Rumble and Button Mash took a fighting stance as a swarm of putties instantly pounced them. They had walked right into a trap setup by Trixie of all ponies. The alicorn of the night laughed evilly at the two rangers attempted at fighting free, but the numbers game was simply too much for Rumble and Button Mash to handle. The putties lifted Rumble and tossed him under a spotlight. Button flipped out of his putties, quickly helping Rumble up.

"That's the best you got?" The earth pony asked as he and Rumble took a fighting stance.

"No, but this is. NOW!" Nightmare Moon snapped at Trixie who slammed her hoof down onto a large button. A beam zapped down onto the two rangers, freezing them where they stood.


Rumble growled out in agony, in his insane state his saw Button beneath him unmorphed as more visions began filling his head.


“Wait….wait! Come back!” Rumble shouted as his parents began to fade.

“We will always be watching you….make us proud….” The two finally disappeared from sight as the two stallions looked on heartbroken.

“Come back…..”


"Think Rumble think!" Button pleaded, his voice echoing in Rumble head as, in his mind, the two flickered between morphed and unmorphed. The stallion shook his head wildly, growling madly. "You're under some kind of spell! Fight it!"

"Gah! You're confusing me! No more tricks!" Rumble raised his staff over his head.

"No!" Button pleaded, barely dodging the strike and flipping Rumble off him. Both rangers climbed back onto their hooves as Rumble summoned his weapon: Stag Breaker. "You're my brother!" Button pleaded, trying to make Rumble come to his senses.

"I HAVE NO BROTHER!!!!" Rumble shouted with all his might, firing directly at Button and connecting with each shot. The stallion rolled on the sand in pain, growling back at Rumble.

"Alright, enough is enough!" Button pulled himself up. "Thunderstaff!" Rumble bellowed out as he charged forward. "Time for some tough love!" The ranger blocked Rumbles first attack, ducking under to land two strikes to the pegasi's midsection. Button landed a overhead shot that brought the mad ranger crashing down before jamming his staff at his throat. "Now you're gonna listen, and listen good!" Rumble looked up wildly as his eyesight saw him and Button unmorphed. "Rumble!" Button pushed the stallions head against the ground. "Your name is Rumble, remember?!" The earth pony's voice bounced in the stallions head. "You're my brother! Shake it off!"

"No....no you're lying to me!"

"I'm your brother! Those are your friends!" Button turned his brothers head towards the fighting mares. "They want to help you like I do!" Rumble looked longingly at the three.

"My friends.....?" Memories of their foalhoods popped into his head. The times the five would play in the apple orchard. The time he had the cutie mark camp rebel against cutie marks. Saying goodbye when they all graduated elementary school in Ponyville. "No...you're lying!!!!" Rumble flipped Button off him, climbing back to his hooves while clutching his head. "Whats wrong with me?!?!?!?!" The pony screamed into the sky as more memories came flooding back. Welcoming Button into his family, their parents dying, Thunderlane teaching the two what he knew, gifting their morphers, the Thunder Academy, all the way til earlier in the day. "Its all coming back...." Rumble moaned weakly, standing straight up before finally demorphing in front of Button. Shaking as a tear streaked down his face the stallion looked at his brother. "I remember everything....." Rumbles eyes rolled up before finally collapsing.

"Rumble!!!" Button demorphed and dashed towards his fallen brother. The stallion began shaking his brother in an attempt to wake him.

"Oh no you don't!" Trixie said, aiming a spell at the two.

"Oh yes he does!" Scootaloo said as she and her friends flipped at the mare. "Ran-Ger-Power!" The three brought their blades down on Trixie, knocking her clean off her hooves. "Element Blades Powered Up!" Scootaloo landed a strong strike, knocking Trixie down in a mini explosion and defeating her in the proces. "Had enough?!"

"I'll be back rangers! Trixie isnt through with you!" The mare exclaimed before vanishing in front of the three.

"And we'll be ready! Power down!" The three demorphed and rushed towards the two brothers. Rumble head hung limply as Button shook him repeatedly, trying to wake him. "Is he ok?" Scootaloo asked, very worried about Rumbles well being.

"Rumble! Come on man stay with me!!!" Button screamed as Rumble finally opened his eyes, making a gagging sound while Button shook him.

"Button...I need to breath at some point here..." The pegasus choked out. Button laughed heartily, pulling his brother in for a well needed hug.

"Thought I lost you there."

"I'm fine bro." Rumble slowly sat up and looked at Scootaloo and her friends with a quizzical look.

"Well he's back to being Rumble." Sweetie noted.

"Good Rumble or bad Rumble?" Applebloom asked. Scootaloo looked directly into Rumble.

"...do you know who we are?" The mare asked, worried another fight might break out. Rumble looked at the sand deep in thought, before looking directly into Scootaloo's eyes.

"Yeah....you're my friends." Scootaloo smiled kindly before extending her hoof. Rumble took it and was pulled back onto his hooves. Before the five could plan what to do next to their surprise Scootaloo's morpher began beeping.

"ZZZTTT-ear me? Can you girls hear me?" Spike's voice came through. The drake had finally patched through to their morphers.

"That you Spike?"

"No its the phone company. You're late on your bill." The drake joked. Rumble looked at the morpher confused.

"Is he always like this?"

"You'll get use to it." Scootaloo said.

"Are you girls o-o-o-ok?" Twilight asked.

"We're fine Twilight."

"Are the Thunder Rangers with you?"

"They're right here."

"I need to s-s-s-peak with them when you return." The mare instructed, still shivering from the growing cold.

"Which brings us to the big problem. You're on an island thats minutes away from sinking fully into the ocean. We need to get you off now!"

"Ummm, what about a teleport?" Applebloom asked.

"You're too far for it to be effective."

"What about the zords?" Button asked.

"Good idea B-B-Button." Twilight said, shivering to herself.

"Both Megazords are on the way! I just need to check to see if they can withstand the pressure from the ocean."

"We'll be ready Spike." Scootaloo said into her morpher before turning to the others. "Lets do it."

"Wait!" Rumble said loudly, bring the others to a halt.

"Now what?"

"I just.....I just wanna say thank you for sticking out for me back there." Rumble said sincerely. "I don't know came over me back there, but it means a lot to me." Scootaloo smiled kindly, trotting over and placing a hoof on his shoulder.

"It's ok Rumble. Thats what friends do"

"How can you be ok with calling me your friend? After everything I've done?"

"Because we know where your heart lies." Scootaloo said. "Now we can talk more about this later. Follow me everypony before this turns into a group hug." The red ranger began trotting away with her friends close behind, and after a moment the Thunder Rangers fell in line behind the three mares.


"Well would you look at that?" Nightmare Moon growled as Trixie nealt before her. "They have become one happy super hero family. The problem is Trixie, they are escaping!"

"Your highness its just a setback. If you allow Trixie one more chance she can-"

"Can what?" The alicorn of the night shouted using the royal voice. "Hand control of my vessel over?" The alicorn looked down below at the planet. "If that creature of yours fails me, that is it for you!" The ruler of the night fired down at the remains of Super Toxipod, causing the snail to grow to massive heights.

"Go big or go home!" The creature roared as the five rangers took a stance.

"Girls ready?"

"Ready!" Scootaloo turned to the brothers.

"Guys ready?" The two looked up at the monster before looking at Scootaloo.

"Ready." With the five ponies lined up, for the first time the Rangers morphed as a team.

"Element Storm!"

"Thunder Storm!"

"Ranger Form! Ha!" The morphing vortex formed around the mares while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to stallions forehooves and shoulders as their helmets launched into the air. Rumble's and Button Mash's helmets landed perfect on their heads while the mares outfits snapped to their bodies. All five visors closed together as a group.

"Ranger Power!" The five called out as one as a small burst of energy exploded behind them.

"How about those zords Spike?" Scootaloo asked.

"On the way!" Spike responded, slamming his hand on the large button.

"Let's do this guys!" The five rangers took to the air, landing directly in each of their respective cockpits of their respective zords.

Megazord Formation!” The Zords were moved from their underground hanger and out into the world via the holographic portals. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel. Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head.

"Thunder Megazord Online!" The two thunder zords drove towards each other before taking to the air in a cyclone formation. Blast of lightning came flying off as the Beetle Zord shifted, forming the lower half of the machine. The claw that made up the head latched itself to the Insectizoid as it shifted to form the top half. Both halves finally formed, connecting as the threads from the Insectizoid revved up, now making both arms. For the first time the two Megazords stood side by side, rather than against each other. This didn't impress Super Toxipod.

"Hey Rangers! You'll be sorry you ever crossed my snail trail!" The monster cackled before unleashing a wave of fire. Catching the ground underneath them ablaze both Megazords shook with sparks coming off and shaking in occupants with in.

"Where's the ac in this thing?" Sweetie groaned as the heat rose.

"Getting Zebra Land hot in here!" Applebloom moaned.

"Hey! You two alright?" Scootaloo called over to the Thunders.

"We're fine!"

"We can take the heat!"

"Let's take them for a little spin then!" Scootaloo smirked before both Megazords rapidly began spinning in place. The sheerwinds coming off the zrods were enough to extinguish the flames, much to Super Toxipods surprise.

"Spin Blade! Lock, and drop!" Rumble called, putting the correct power disc and dropping it. The chest of the Thunder Megazord opened up as a gold and black sphere came spinning out, opening to form a ninja star on an axe handle like zord.

"Lightning Mode engage!" Scootaloo commanded, pushing the correct button to trim down the megazord, but they would only have this for sixty seconds, but they would be much quicker. The Megazord bobbed in place, sizing up the creature before it with blades out on each arm.

"Rangers! Battle Ready!" All five rangers called as the snail charged forward for combat. The creature brought its staff down only for it to be knocked away by the Thunders. The Thunder Megazord then landed several hard strikes with the Spin Blade.

"Quit it!" The Thunder Megazord stopped only for the Lightning Megazord to hop off it and deliver a drop kick that rocked Super Toxipod. Bouncing off the Megazord once more the Megazord brought its two blades down in an X formation that did the final touch.

"Time to come out of your shell!" The tow Megazords looked on as the creature screamed out before finally collapsing in front of them in a large explosion that rocked the sinking island. "Now thats what I call crab meat."

"We're going home everypony!" Button said happily as both Megazord began wading out into the ocean. As the water rose up to the structures midsections the island finally began to drop rapidly once more back into the ocean behind them. The five werent gonna miss it one bit.


To the bafflement of most ponies, especially the weather ponies of Cloudsdale, as suddenly as the cold came and grasped most of Equestria it had disappeared almost as quickly, leaving most of the melted snow as puddles of water and mud. As the ponies in Ponyville shed their cold clothing for another day most went back on with their lives. Sweetie Belle arrived at her sisters Boutique with Rumble and Button Mash in tow to see how bad things were. Rarity was packing away boxes upon boxes of clothing when she noticed her younger sister.

"Well look who the cat dragged in." The older mare complained. Sweetie could take a hint.

"Rarity I can explained. I was kinda stuck in the middle of nowhere-"

"It wasnt her fault Rarity." Rumble cut in. The older mare looked at the two stallions.

"Oh hello darlings. Havent seen you two in ages."

"But she was helping us out with something." Button explained.

"Well that doesnt surprise me. Sweetie's generous like that but you couldnt call? Send a letter? Something?"

"If there was anyway to be here I wouldve." Sweetie pleaded.

"Sweetie Belle's telling the truth Rarity."

"Thanks to that weather I'm behind with maintaining the Boutique. And if you're gonna keep disappearing I'll need more hooves around here." Rarity complained. A lightbulb went off in Sweeties mind.

"They'll help you out!" Sweetie said, putting a hoof around the two brothers.

"We'll what?"

"Excuse me?" The two said surprised and confused. Rarity sized the two up then nodded.

"Excellent! Minimum wage and you start right now. I need help putting these boxes away." Rarity motioned to the piles of boxes.

"Umm, actually we need to do something really quick...." Sweetie said with a grimace. "I'm sorry but it'll be a half hour at most! We'll be right back!"

"I didnt agree to work here." Rumble said quietly as Sweetie pushed the stallions out the door. Rarity rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Was I like that when I was her age?"


The five rangers regrouped at Element Ops with the much warmer Twilight Sparkle and Spike. After smoothing out any issues with ponies that might be missing them Scootaloo had hoped it would be time to bring in the Thunders as part of the time. Their answer wasnt what she had in mind.

"Wait wait wait. Let me get this straight. After all we've been through you two just wanna....walk away from being rangers?" Scootaloo asked the brothers confused.

"We're fine with staying in Ponyville for the moment to gather our thoughts but we have to Scoot." Rumble said.

"Nightmare Moon wont rest until she destroys the two of us." Button said grimly.

"Join the club." Applebloom countered.

"And we don't deserve to fight alongside you after everything we've done." The pegasus stallion said. "The dishonor we've brought among ourselves-"

"Can only be undone if you fight with us, as a team." Sweetie argued.

"We also wont risk anything happening to you three because of us." Rumble was determined to win this argument. "Its the three of you, not us, whos standing between Equestria and Nightmare Moon. Millions of innocent ponies count on you."

"You don't think we think about that everyday?" Scootaloo said. "You told us your older brother gifted you those morphers because he thought you would know what to do with them. Did you think this would be it?"

"Scootaloo's right boys." Twilight cut in, trotting over to the two teenage stallions. "You've been given a gift and its your responsibility to use that gift. Thunderlane knew the Thunder Powers were meant for you." The older unicorn stepped back. "But, I cant force you to do this."

"So what do you guys say? Are you in or not?" Scootaloo said, putting her hooves over Sweetie and Applebloom. The brothers looked at each other, clearly conflicted on what was the right and wrong thing to do.


"But it wasn't Trixies fault your majesty!" Trixie pleaded to her ruler on the vessel above Equestria. "Please give Trixie another chance-"

"No more chances!" The alicorn of the night snapped. "As of this moment you are no longer my General!"

"Not a demotion!"

"More than that Miss Lulamoon. You are hereby banished from my vessel to wander Equestria! If you are not out of my sight in the next five minutes I shall deal with thee personally!" Nightmare Moon shouted using the royal voice. Trixie fell dumbfounded as Gilda and Iron Will looked on with the biggest smirks on their faces.

"B-b-b-b-ut where will Trixie go? What will she do?" The mare said with tears forming.

"How about far away and self destruct?" Nightmare Moon offered. "When I return if I see thy presence here I will be the last thing thee shall see alive!!!" The alicorn stormed off to vent off her frustration at another failed planned while her two remaining followers fell in behind her. Trixie shook for a moment before getting back on to her hooves, growing loudly as she did.

"Some pony must pay for this humiliation....and that some pony is the Thunder Rangers!!!!"