• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,554 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,554

Return of Thunder Part 2

It wasnt often the ponies of Equestria were thrown for a loop, but right now was one of those moments. The fog rolled in, swallowing multiple cities as it spread through Equestria. The only city that seemed spared was Canterlot, and that was for the reason of being up on a mountain. While fog wasnt that big of an issues, it was what it brought that was.

"It doesnt happen very often but a massive cold front is beginning to sweep its way through parts of Equestria." The news reporter stated as Twilight and Spike looked on. "While the weather officials of Cloudsdale do not appear to have an explanation for the weather, they have concluded that the temperature will continue to drop."

"No kidding...." Twilight shivered, huddled in her winter clothing and a blanket. "How are you holding up Spike?"

"Glad to be a dragon right about now." Spike teased, his internal heating keeping him nice and toasty.

"Oh laugh it up but if it gets colder you'll start feeling it." Twilight teased back. "Have you had any luck in finding the rangers?"

"No nothing." Spike looked back at the monitor. "Its like they just vanished off the face of Equestria, another dimension even!"

"An all too very real possibility." Twilight said gravely. "Keep trying Spike."

"I'm not giving up on them yet." The drake said, typing away at the controls.


Sweetie Belle felt the rays of the sun hitting her face, followed by the sounds of the ocean just nearby. The ranger slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the sunlight hitting her. Slowly she sat up, clutching her throbbing head.

"Oooohhhh....what hit me?" Sweetie groaned as she looked around for her friends. Just off to her left she saw Applebloom slowly coming around. "Bloom....you ok?" The blue ranger pulled herself up on jelly legs and stumbled over to her friend, helping her up as well.

"Ow....feels like ah got ran over by the Megazord." The earth mare groaned.

"You and me both.....where's Scootaloo?"

"Up here girls!" The two rangers looked up to see Scootaloo slowly descending from a hill. "I hiked up the hill to see where we are. We're on an island with water on all sides."

"An island?"

"No land or ponies for as far as I can see." Scootaloo said grimly, noticing Applebloom lifting her morpher. "Don't bother, I already tried. We can't reach Spike or Twilight."

"The last thing ah remember was we were dueling Megazords with Rumble and Button Mash." The yellow ranger said, rubbing her head.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Scootaloo said, sending Sweetie a glare.

"What? There has to be an explanation for all this."

"Sweetie at this point I think everythings really clear."

"And what does that mean?"

"Sweetie! These two have been back in our lives for what, a month now? Yeah we were friends with them when we were just fillies but how many times havent they tried to take us out!" Scootaloo argued.

"You didnt see Button the other day!" Sweetie argued, shoving Scootaloo away. "Something mustve happened when they went aboard Nightmare Moon's vessal."

"When you're ready to face reality, come find me." The red ranger said, getting nose to nose with her friend, before turning to walk off. "I gotta find a way out of here." The two mares watched their friend and leader trot off.

"We could always trade her in for a new ranger." Applebloom joked. "Maybe a gold one."

"Wait a minute!" Sweetie galloped off after her friend with Applebloom not far behind. "Have you considered maybe theres a reason for all of this?" Scootaloo turned to answer when a streak of navy caught her attention.

"Did you girls see that?" Bloom asked.

"I did." Scootaloo looked into the forest and saw a flash of crimson.

"Over there!" The three flipped over the foliage and galloped into the woods, trying to track down who they knew were making those streaks. Weaving and bobbing through the trees the three rangers leaped over a fallen log, flipped over a creek and more as they kept galloping. Scootaloo was beginning to lose her breath. "Wait, hold up!" She and her friends finally came to a stop with the red ranger looking through the tree line, knowing that at any moment there was a very real chance of an ambush. "I know I saw them here."

"Good eye Scootaloo." As him they just appeared from thin air the two Thunder Rangers, Rumble and his brother Button Mash, were leaning against the tree in front of them with a cocky look on there faces. "And I do mean that." Button said.

"Ever wondered what would happen if three of Celestia's students fought two students of Thunder? Who would win?"
Rumble asked with a smirk.

"No pony would." Sweetie reasoned. "The only way we can win is if we worked together."

"Which ah though we were doing."

"Guess you thought wrong." Button said, dropping his smirk.

"I'll tell you three what: we'll even be nice enough to give you a head start if you wanna run." Rumble taunted. Scootaloo's blood was beginning to boil.

"I'm sorry Sweetie Belle, but whatevers up with these two we're not gonna fix by letting them stomp us."

"I have no intention of letting them stomp us." Sweetie said, not taking her eye off Button. The two sides stood in silence, sending glares at the other side and waiting for the other to make the first move. The two sides of rangers then snapped into fighting stances, circling each other.

"We don't wanna fight you!" Applebloom tried to reason.

"But you give us no choice!" Scootaloo said loudly.

"Enough talk!" The two sides stood still for a moment, then charged. Scootaloo and Rumble began exchanging blows, their front legs making contact with the other. The mare ducked under a leg kick, trying to land one of her own only for it to be caught. Scootaloo flipped out of Rumbles grasp, bringing her front leg down only for Rumble to block and roll out of harms way. The two rangers went for a leaping spin kick, each meeting the others back hoof. Rumble flipped into a kick, only for Scootaloo to back flip to safety and sliding into a leg sweep takedown only for the stallion to flip over.

Rumble finally landed a overhead kick, bringing Scootaloo down only for the mare to push herself in, corkscrewing upwards. The two rangers punched collided in a shockwave from the energy coming off them, sending Scootaloo into a tree which she used to bounce off of, connecting with Rumble in a another punch with a shockwave and smoke coming off.

"Not this time!" Scootaloo came down from the air, grabbing Rumble and throwing him over her shoulders and down to the ground, dropping a leg kick that the stallion rolled away from. As the two fought Button caught a punch from both Sweetie and Applebloom, bending their legs up awkwardly before breaking it up. While the stallion held on to the yellow ranger he connected a kick that sent Sweetie skidding backwards before lifting Blooms leg higher.

"Stop it!" Sweetie charged forward only for Button to flip Applebloom over. The blue ranger tried a leg kick only for Button to catch it, landing an elbow to Sweeties midsection. The stallion flipped over Applebloom to bring his hoof down only for the yellow ranger to roll out of harms way. Applebloom was able to block several punches and kicks launched at her as Button ducked under a strike from Sweetie. At once the unicorn and earth pony mares went with a overhead kick and leg sweep, only for Button to dodge both expertly. The stallion rolled out of another attack, taking to the air to kick both rangers away. Applebloom began to growl.

"Bring it!" As the three fought Scootaloo and Rumble were locked in a stand still, blocking each other attacks perfectly as if they knew exactly what the other was about to do. The mare flipped backwards, landing a kick that sent Rumble stumbling back, only for the stallion to hit a leg sweep that brought the mare down. The two rangers looked deeply at the other, not willing to let the other win before using their powers to ping pong away. Button ducked under Sweetie before flipping Applebloom over his shoulder.

"Try to keep up!" Button used his powers to chase after the dueling red rangers.

"You ok?"

"We gotta catch them!" The two remaining rangers used their powers to ping pong after the others. All five rangers landed back on the beach. Rumble and Button Mash stood opposite to Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

"Are we having fun yet?" Scootaloo growled.

"No, so let's fix that." Rumble taunted as he and Button stood straight. “Thunderstorm! Ranger Form! Ha!” Lifting their morphers, then two slammed a button on the underside. Their gold gauntlets latched to their forehooves and shoulders as their helmets launched into the air. When the two helmets latched perfectly to the two stallions the rest of their ranger form appeared as they let out a charge of crimson and navy lightning into the sky.

“Power of Thunder!”

"Saw that coming." Scootaloo growled. "You girls ready?"

"Ready!" In a flash their morphers were out and ready to go.

“Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!” The morphing vortex formed around the three, with their ranger outfits snapping over their bodies before once more the visors closed on their helmets, before finally assuming a fighting pose

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Earth!”

“Power of Water!”

"Hiyah!" The three rangers pulled out their blades while the the stallions pulled out their staffs. Then it turned into another tense standoff.

"Oh it is so on!" Button snapped.

"You're right Scootaloo, they're not gonna listen to reason!" Sweetie said.

"If its them or us, ah choose us!"

"Thank you, someponies finally listening to me." The three mares then charged at their counterparts, the battling resuming its course. Scootaloo and Rumble exchanged strike with their weapons, until Rumble got the upper hand and sent Scootaloo flying up onto a ledge.

"Hawk Blaster!" Scootaloo began firing off shots that Rumble was easily able to deflect with his staff.

"My blasters bigger! Horn Breaker!" Rumble began firing directly at the pegasus mare, each shot connecting and dropping Scootaloo off the ledge and to the ground. Sweetie and Applebloom hacked and slashed at Button, but even with it being two on one the stallion was able to match their strikes move by move before separating the two with swipes that brought sparks off them. The earth mare rolled and recomposed herself.

"Element Beams!" Her blade began rapidly firing beams only for Button to match each one with his staff, several reflecting to Sweetie and knocking her down. "Sweetie!!"

"I'm ok!"

"Your aim sucks Applebloom but I'm not shocked, are you?!" Button whipped back and fired off a navy charge of electricity, lifting the mare off the ground and whirling her around like a being trapped in a lasso.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whhooooaaa!" Button finally dropped the charge and sent the mare flying into the ocean.


From up above in her vessel the alicorn of the night, Nightmare Moon, was watching this battle intently.

"I do hate to admit it Trixie but their good." Nightmare Moon turned to her general. "Moody, but good."

"Thank you your majesty."

"How much longer until thou finishes the job?"

"It shouldnt take much longer your highness." Nightmare Moon was about to sit on her throne, but paused. Something felt off to her.

"Tis anypony else cold?" The alicorn turned and found a group of her putties shivering as a group. "Explain Trixie."

"Well your highness the islands emergence has caused a massive cold front that swallowing the planet. Unfortunately Trixie didnt expect it to also affect your glorious vessel."

"I like the cold as much as the next fool but tis a little much at the moment." Will arrived with a giant wrench.

"Your majesty I'm attempting to fix the heating as we speak. Should be a matter of minutes."

"It better be. What good is destroying the Pony Rangers if we all have been turned into Ice Sculptures?!"


Snowfall had begun to affect Ponyville, and the ponies living in it. The citizens had began walking in groups to beat the cold, all while dressed up in winter clothing. The fact that annoyed everypony was it was currently Summer. If the temperature got any colder it would begin to affect pony life. It was getting to the point where Spike was now wearing a hat, scarf and gloves while Twilight had to start a fire in Element Ops in a feeble attempt to beat the cold.

"This is getting ridiculous. It's never been this cold in Equestria." Spike shivered. "Its broken every record in history ever since the pegasi of Cloudsdale kept record!"

"At this rate I might have to start burning the tax books." Twilight shivered, feeling the cold worse then her assistant.

"I'd turn the heat up to help but it might burn out the computers."

"We only have one option Spike: we have to find the Rangers." The unicorn mare shivered.

"I'm on it."


Rumble fired away with his Horn Breaker, rocking the three ranger mares and sending them collapsing in sparks. The two stallions cackled away at their suffering.

"You gotta stop this..." Scootaloo groaned.

"Say goodbye Rangers!" Rumble aimed down the sights.

"Look!" The red ranger mare pulled herself up. "I know you have some serious emotional problems you're dealing with!"

"Ever consider group therapy?" Applebloom asked. Rumble actually began lowering his blaster.

"Ummmm....." The stallion sounded confused.

"This is getting old!" Sweetie groaned.

"Ah like dirt as much as the next pony-"

"Too bad it doesnt show in your riding Bloom." Button taunted, causing the mare to stomp in frustration.

"Yall did not just bag on mah riding!!!" Applebloom charged forward, clashing her blade with Button duel wielding his staff and Navy Antler. But while the two fought Rumble was hesitating.

"Wait.....why are we fighting them?" The stallion asked himself as Button clamped the Antler around the yellow rangers midsection and crashing her to the ground.

"Want any more?!?!"

"Hang on....isnt Applebloom our friend?" Rumble asked his brother as memories of their child hood came flashing back to his mind. The few times they would play in the orchard all the way to meeting her again on the dirt track and introducing her to biking. "Button, this is wrong!" The stallion looked back at his brother.

"What the hay are you talking about Rumble?!"

"Element Beams!" Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle took their chance while Button took his eyes off them, rapid firing beams of red and blue energy directly at Button Mash, sending him crashing right into his brother and knocking both stallions off their hooves. Applebloom rejoined her friends, and the three rangers were no longer taking any chances. "Storm Striker!" The three rangers summoned, then combined their signature weapons to form their large blaster. Sweetie and Applebloom held the blaster up with Scootaloo at the helm, aiming to knock some sense into the Thunder Rangers. "Ready? FIRE!" The weapon charged up its energy before firing a large energy sphere directly at Rumble and Button Mash, making direct contact, and bowling the two rangers over in a large explosion. The three mares flipped through the air and brought their blades directly down onto the Thunder Rangers, and sending the two flat on their backs into the muddy water around them.

For the first time, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom had defeated Rumble and Button Mash.

"Now stay down!" Sweetie snapped at the two.

"Can we get out of here?" Applebloom asked, worried that the two might continue to fight.

"I'm soooo over theses two!" Scootaloo snapped.


"Trixie, there appears to be a fatal flaw with thy plan. The Thunder Rangers grow weaker as their memories grow stronger. I would hate to be thee if they remember." Nightmare Moon glared at her general, who was now growing worried.

"Umm, don't worry your highness! Trixie had another plan, its....ummmm...well..." The unicorn began stuttering.

"Well?!" The alicorn screamed using the Royal Shout.

"Let's hear it Trixie." Gilda growled, shivering as Iron Will fought to get the heater working before they all froze. Trixielooked about wildly before a light bulb went off in her mind. The unicorn motioned the alicorn to bend down and began whispering her plan into her ear. The alicorns smirk grew wider every second. "If I have to deal one more second with the general I'm gonna hurt somepony." The griffon growled.

"You and me both." The minotaur grunted as the heater sparked. Nightmare Moon stood up and looked at her followers.

"Gilda! Prepare the beam! Iron Will! Get that heater working!"


Rumble and Button Mash groaned in pain, clutching their heads as they slowly pulled themselves up. Scootaloo and her friends slowly advanced forward, Element Blades out and pointing forward. The three were taking no chance anymore.

"Careful girls." The pegasus mare warned as Button stumbled.

"Ooohhh, my head...." The two finally got back onto their hooves, their visors open and showing their faces in the helmet for the first time to the three. The mares opened their visors as well as the two stallions looked confused at the three.

"Where are we?" Rumble said confused. "Are you ok Button?"

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine." Button really noticed the three for the first time in hours. "What are you girls doing here?" Her asked the three, clutching his head.

"You guys ok?" Scootaloo asked, showing concern.

"What happened?" Rumble asked, rubbing his head.

"They seem themselves Scoots." Sweetie noted. The Red Ranger shrugged, knowing it could very well be a trap. While the five were attempting to figure out just what had been going on the last few hours a blue unicorn mare appeared on the cliff overlooking the group.

"Hey you down there!" The five looked up to see Trixie yelling down at them. "Yeah you in the bug suits!"

"She better not be talking about us." Rumble growled as his and Buttons visors snapped closed.

"Yeah Trixie is talking about you!" The mare yelled, her voice echoing out. "Trixie has worked too hard for a couple of bugs to ruin her glorious plan now!!!" The ground behind Scootaloo and her friends exploded in a large fireball, instantly getting their attention as their visors closed. "Super Toxipod!" The snail creature appeared, only it looked very different. Now with a darker color scheme and a black cloak on its back, the snail cackled loudly.

"You can't keep a good snail down! Did you miss me?" Super Toxipod asked as its eyes began glowing red.

"Watch out!!!" Scootaloo screamed at the other four rangers as the snail launched a massive explosion, separating the two sides as they scrambled for safety from the blast. "Didn't we already fight this guy!?"

"But he smells even worse!" Sweetie groaned as the monster cackled.

"Everything about me is worse!"

"Aw now what does he want?" Applebloom groaned.

"Want?! I want to sink this island with you on it! I want to cause a weather condition that'll drop the temperature of all of Equestria one hundred below zero! To make it simple for you, I want payback!!!" Super Toxipod fired off yellow beams of energy, each one meeting its mark with Scootaloo and her friends, dropping them to the ground in sparks and pain. As if the situation couldnt get any more dire the three found themselves being attacked by a group of putties.

"How did they get here?!" Scootaloo yelled as she and her friends went into combat, hack and slashing away to fend the putties off. Rumble and Button had regrouped and made a choice.

"We gotta help them."

"Right behind you Rumble." The two pulled out their Thunder Staffs only for Trixie to appear right in front of the two, blocking them off from the fight going on.

"Oh no you don't!" Trixie growled. "Listen to Trixie crimson ranger. Your brother....has betrayed you!"

"Thats crazy!" Rumble snapped, not knowing they were being watched from up above. Nightmare Moon and Gilda were watching the group.

"And.....now!!!" The alicorn ordered. Gilda slammed a button down, firing a large beam directly down onto Equestria. The crimson ranger looked up at the sky as the beam came directly at them.

"Button move!" The pegasus stallion shoved his brother out of the path of the beam, taking the full brunt of the impact, yelling out in pain as a red glow over took him before fading out.

"Rumble! Are you ok?" Button asked, worried for his brother.

"I think so. I feel.....weird...." Rumble groaned as Trixie started calmly trotting at them.

"Allow Trixie to enlighten you! You cannot trust your brother anymore Crimson Ranger! He has convinced the Element Rangers to join up with him and destroy you!" Rumble began growling, shaking his head.

"What are you babbling about? I'd die before turning on Rumble! You're the one with the evil plan!" Button snapped, pointing his staff at the unicorn.

"Tell him the truth!" Trixie yelled as Rumble slowly turned toward Button, growling in anger. "The ranger deserves to know you've betrayed him, and your poor lost parents!"

"Rumble don't listen to her! You know me! She's telling us nothing but lies!" Button pleaded with his brother before turning back to Trixie. "You're trying to destroy us all!"

"....my own....brother?" Rumble screamed out at his brought his staff up and struck the surprised Navy Ranger, knocking Button over.

"Have you lost your mind?!" The stallion asked.

"You don't deserve to call yourself a Thunder Ranger!" Rumble yelled, slowly stalking towards the fallen pony. "Traitor!!!!" The crimson ranger charged forward, swinging at his own brother with his Thunder Staff. Button bobbed and weaved out of the way, refusing to fight Rumble. Dodging more attacks Button was able to catch the staff under his legs.

"Don't you remember anything thats happened?!" Button pleaded.

"I remember you sold me out to those tramps you call rangers!" Rumble pulled his staff free and began striking his brother, not holding back at all. Scootaloo and her friends continued to fight against the putties in the meanwhile, doing everything they can to get out of this fight. The pegasus mare then noticed the fighting brothers.

"Now they're fighting each other!"

"Thats crazy!" Sweetie said, knocking more putties down.

"Why do you yall gotta be so crabby?" Applebloom asked Super Toxipod, locked in combat and way to close to the smell. The monster growled and tossed the yellow ranger a good few feet and send her rolling.

"You ok?" Scootaloo asked as she and Sweetie helped the earth pony mare up. A billow of steam shot out of the ground behind the three. "What is that?"

"That rangers is Toxic Steam!" Super Toxipod taunted. "The island is sinking fast! Soon all of Equestria will be one giant snow cone, and theres nothing you can do about it!"

"Wanna bet?" Scootaloo asked, she and her friends armed with their blades. One putty ran forward only to get sidestepped and sending it face first into the steam. The putty thrashed until it stood up snarling with green goo stuck to its face. Then putty charged wildly and began slashing away at the other putties. "Now what?"

"I get it! Its fighting because of the steam!" Sweetie observed. Super Toxipod stomped over and struck the mad putty down.

"Whats taking so long?!" Trixie yelled to the monster while Rumble continued to fight wildly against his brother. "Finish off those rangers so we can take control of all of Equestria! It'll be a cold new world!"

"Of course General!" Super Toxipod summoned a staff of his own with a shell on the end. The monster charged at the mares while Rumble took the defensely Button Mash to the ground. Pressing one hoof down onto the fallen stallion Rumble pointed his staff at Button's neck.

"Now you'll pay traitor!"

"Rumble stop!" Scootaloo screamed as Super Toxipod knocked her and her friends over.

"Don't do it!!!" Sweetie pleaded.

"You brought this on yourself Button." Rumble growled. The earth pony coughed.

"You're not thinking straight." Button pleaded. "You got hit with that beam remember?"

"More lies!" Trixie screamed at Rumble, but the ranger started to hesitate.

"But I.....he...."

"Rumble, please look in your heart." Button pleaded. "You know this isnt you." The staff began shaking in Rumbles hoof when a column of toxic steam shot from the ground, striking Rumble directly in the face. Button rolled away and looked on in horror as Rumble began screaming and thrashing about in the steam. "Get out of there!"

"Whats happening to me?!?!" Rumble screamed as the green goo covered his helmet.

"The steam got him!"

"Right in the face..."

"This went from bad to worse!" The three mares pulled themselves up as Rumble fell to his knees. Button looked on helplessly as his brother growled loudly as he got up.

"This is the end Button..." Rumble charged forward like a mad pony. Sweetie and Applebloom galloped forward to stop this from going any further. Scootaloo tried to join them only for the snail to cut her off. Button blocked a over head staff shot from Rumble. Then Sweetie and Applebloom tackled Rumble down.

"Dont hurt him!" Button said.

"We're not trying to hurt him!" Sweetie said as she and her friend struggled to hold Rumble.

"We're trying to hold him long enough to-" Applebloom was cut off by Rumble shaking loose and striking the mares away with his staff.

"No stop!" Button pleaded, throwing himself on his brother as the ranger continued to engage with a fight with the unicorn and earth pony mare. "Rumble you're stronger than this!" Rumble responded by striking Button repeatedly, spraying sparks in every direction as each shot landed. The helpless stallion was lifted by the end of Rumbles staff, being tossed through the air and crash landing on the rocky beach. The mad stallion brought his staff down, looking to end his brother. Button still had enough strength to block the strike. "Rumble...please remember everything we've been through!"

"Get off him!!!" Scootaloo tackled Rumble off his brother with a strong shoulder tackle. The stallion went rolling wildly as Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom put themselves between Button and his mad brother. "This has gone far enough! Smoke Screen!" A cloud of red, yellow and blue smoke covered where the four rangers were, and when it cleared it was like they had simply vanished.

"Come back! I'm not through with you!!!!" Rumble bellowed.

This wasn't part of the plan!" Trixie said, worried everything she was working for was falling apart. While the villains schemed out their next plan, and while Rumble stumbled off wildly like a crazy pony, Scootaloo and her friends were able to drag the weaken Navy Ranger to a cave along the coast. The mares had demorphed a few minutes eariler, and they couldnt help but notice the tide was beginning to come in. The island was sinking alright.

"This looks like a safe spot." Scootaloo said, lowering herself so Sweetie and Applebloom could help remove Button from her back. The stallion groaned as his body touched the sand.

"Button please say something." Sweetie pleaded as the ranger lay unmoving. The three mares grew worried until bolts of lightning began crackling off the stallion until before their eyes the ranger demorphed. Button clutched his head, groaning and moaning in pain. The stallion opened his eyes and flinched at the three mares he saw. "Button its ok! You're safe!" Scootaloo and Applebloom had to briefly hold him down until the ranger relaxed.


The situation at Ponyville and Element Ops for that matter was getting more desperate by the hour as the cold continue to settle in. Twilight couldnt stop shivering by this point.

"Bad news Twi. The temperature keeps dropping one degree every hour." Spike said, doing his best to not to shiver.

"I-i-i-if its get any....co-co-colder....Equestria wont be able to s-s-substain l-l-li-life." The older mare shivered. Spike wrapped himself around his closest friend doing his best to keep her warm.

"Some good news. I've been able to trace all this to an island in the South Equestria Sea." The teenage drake explained. "Its a volcanic formation thats sinking at the same rate at the temperature dropping."

"So the island and the w-w-w-weather are connected."

"Yeah....and I don't know anyway to stop it." Spike said grimly, blowing his breath on to the fire to build it up.

"I fear the islands appearance and the rangers d-d-d-dis-disappearance are not a r-r-r-random e-e-event" Twilight shivered.


"Finally, thou got the heater going Iron Will." Nightmare Moon said happily, taking her place on her throne. "Now what about the little island get together?"

"It appears that the Element Rangers and the Navy Thunder Ranger have formed an alliance." The minotaur explained to his ruler. The alicorn of the night growled, glaring at the sphere containing her silent older sister.

"I hate alliances...where is Trixie?"

"Looking for the rangers as we speak."

"And how long til the island sinks?" The alicorn asked.

"In a matter of hours your majesty."

"Good, when it sinks we will said goodbye to the rangers and Trixie as well!" Nightmare Moon said, pleased for once." I was getting tired of thou constant whining anyway....."


Button Mash stared out into the ocean for what seemed like hours. He and Rumble had been gifted with their ranger powers and this was how they've been using them the last few hours? How could they ever face the others? He wouldn't have to wait long though as Scootaloo and her friends were able to track the ranger down.

"You ok Button?" Scootaloo asked. The stallion stood quietly before turning to the three. The three mares could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Rumble's one of the only family I have. He's always been there for me, and now he needs my help." The ranger said, being unable to look the three in the eyes. "For the first time in our lives he needs me....and I'm not gonna let him down....I can't let him down." Sweetie calmly trotted over and made him look her in the eyes.

"We'll do whatever we can to help." The mare said with a soft smile. Button looked at her before turning to the red ranger.

"Scootaloo, that wasnt us back there. I want you to know that."

"I know." Scootaloo said calmly as she and Applebloom trotted over. "I know that now when I shouldve known." The mare then held out a hoof which Sweetie and Applebloom quietly covered with theirs. "You're not alone in this Button. We're gonna find Rumble, and we're gonna fix him. I promise you that." The three mares smiled at Button Mash with friendly smiles. Button only looked at the three, before slowly raising his hoof, and after a moment of hesitation placed it on top of theirs.

"....thank you."