• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,554 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,554

No "I" In Team

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom’s entire world these last few days had been turned upside down. They had not only witnessed their school that they have attended for the last year be pulled into the sky, along with everypony in it, they had learned that the evil being behind it all was bent on ruling over Equestria. Then to make it more unbelievable for the three, they were gifted with the power that could save them all……that is if they could ever learn how to fully control them.


The eerie reddish-purple glow was beginning to become unsettling as the three Pony Rangers continued their trek on. They had been sent on a mission to retrieve a parchment that Twilight insisted could help them in future battles. They had no problem going out to go get it, they DID have a problem having one hoof tied to the other.

“Come on you guys.” Scootaloo said, pulling forward ahead of her friends.

“Ow! Scootaloo!” Sweetie was quickly losing feeling in her hoof because of her friend.

“This could take all day.”

“Scootaloo would you stop pulling?! My hoof is totally tweaked!”

“Sorry Sweetie.” The pegasus apologized, but something about her domineer didn’t feel right. “It would be so much faster if we could split up.”

“And much less painful.” The blue Pony Ranger sighed.

“You know this parchment of three thing better be worth it, these cuffs are brutal!” Applebloom’s hoof was killing her as well, but she was much better at hiding it.

“Twilight would not have sent us out here if it wasn’t.” Scootaloo said. As the Element Storm Red Ranger the pegasus mare was made leader of the team, much to her friends minor annoyance, but that’s how their unicorn mentor said it had to be. “It’s gotta be out here somewhere!” She said throwing her hooves up, and inadvertently causing more harm to her friends.

“Just cut my hoof off why don’t you?!”

“What kind of parchment are we talking about anyway?” Applebloom asked.

“I’d take it that if we any kind of parchment….wherever we are, that probably be it.” The southern mare looked around at the reddish sand around them.

“Well there’s one.” She said casually, pointing to a floating piece of open parchment.

“That’s probably it!” Sweetie said.

“Let’s go!” Scootaloo started running towards the parchment, pulling her friends along for the ride.

“Wait Scoots! It says something!” Sweetie pointed out, rubbing her aching hoof. And she was right. Located in the center of the parchment was a large number three, followed by phrase underneath.

“ ‘Stronger as one then three?’ That’s it?” Applebloom asked disappointed. “We would’ve been better off buying fortune cookies!”

“Whatever, let’s just grab it and get out of here.” Sweetie said.

“I’ll get it!” Scootaloo then attempted to leap into the air to grab the parchment. Key word being, attempted. At times it seemed like she was bounded to her friends, so when she tried to leap up, she just pulling her friends up with her and sending all three face planting into the sand.

“Who’s on my back hoof?” The yellow Pony Ranger groaned.

“That wasn’t so effective Scoots.” Sweetie said. The red Pony Ranger growled quietly.

“I can get it myself….” She pulled herself up to grab the parchment, but a large noise surrounding them showed they were no longer alone. Seemingly from out of nowhere a group of Putty Patrollers had surrounded them.

“Putties, party of ten!” Applebloom called. The problem for the three was seeing as they were still cuffed to each other, all they could really do to defend themselves was kick with all their might. Trying to swing her front hoof, all Scootaloo did was yank Sweetie closer.

“Would you stop pulling my leg already?!” The two rangers quickly leaned back as a putty blade came inches from their faces. Both went to punch a putty on their opposite side, put failed because of the cuff. Scootaloo had it worst because she was cuffed to BOTH her friends.

“Don’t pull!” Applebloom shouted, falling to the ground.

“Bloom look out!” Scootaloo pulled her friend away from the putties, flipping over so she could find get in a good fighting position. Her friends quickly rolled over, each landing a kick to put more space between and the putties. The three flipped around more of the putties with Scootaloo attempting a double hoof dropkick, only to be yanked back by her friends and pulling all three to the ground. Two of the putties brought know their blades, but in a moment of pure luck the three rangers raised their hooves, causing the blades to slice the cuffs off their hooves, no longer binding the three together. “You two stay here! I’ll get the parchment!”

“Scootaloo wait!” The red Ranger had already ran forward, spinning her back hoof at two putties, striking them in the chest with her front hooves to put space between them. Scootaloo was mere inches from the parchment now. “Aw yeah!”

“Scoots, wait! Stop!” Sweetie called out. The pegasus mare turned to see her friends being roughed up by the putties, before being thrown onto the ground.

“Scootaloo!”

“Help us!” The putties raised their blades.

“Applebloom! Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo called as the blades were brought down, only to vanish before they could strike. The environment around the three quickly changing to reveal they had not been on a red beach at all. They had never left the HQ that Twilight Sparkles had set up under the tree library she lived in. The Blue and Yellow Pony Ranger lay panting on the floor while Scootaloo looked annoyed. “I almost had it that time!”

“Simulation over.” Spike said, typing several commands into the computer. Twilight could only look at the three with an expression that said ‘really?’ Then she looked at her dragon assistant.

“Results Spike?”

“Well…..it was below average, I’m gonna be honest about that.” The dragon revealed. “It’ll be on the mainframe if you want to relive any of it.”

“No!” The three teenage ponies groaned.

“Girls, you’re lucky it was only a simulation.” Twilight said.

“Twilight why can’t we get this right?” Applebloom asked, rubbing her sore hoof.

“Why do we keep failing?” Twilight could only smile sadly at the three.

“That’s entirely up to you three to figure out. Now, go home and rest up.” Scootaloo visibly tensed at the word home. “Tomorrow we will try again.”

“Come on Sweetie.” Applebloom and her friend began trotting to the stairs, only for Scootaloo to jump in their path.

“Wait, where are you girls going?”

“Home Scootaloo.” Sweetie said like it was obvious.

“No way! Not until we get this right!”

“Twilight said we’ll try tomorrow.”

“And if I don’t get some sleep tomorrow will just be a replay of today.”

“That’s why we gotta keep practicing until we get this right!” Scootaloo insisted.

“Who died and made you princess?” Applebloom asked.

“We need to work until you get it right!”

“Back up there.” Sweetie said, with a grouchy look. “Until we get it right?” She said motioning between herself and the southern mare. Scootaloo frowned, looking at the floor.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“We know what you meant.” Applebloom said, herself and Sweetie heading up the stairs, only to their annoyance to have Scootaloo cut them off.

“This is not school anymore guys.” She said seriously. “And if you’re not will to focus-“

“If you wanna do it by yourself, then by all means help yourself! We’ve had a long day and just wanna go home!” Scootaloo merely stared at her friends, before storming out of the library. Twilight had finally climbed up the stairs, looking on as her friends looked out the door.

“Is everything ok with Scootaloo?” The unicorn asked concerned.

“We’re not sure. She’s just been pushing herself to the limit lately.”

“Have you asked her why?”

“We just figured she was under a lot of pressure.” Applebloom guessed. Twilight looked out the door in the direction the pegasus stormed off in, deep in thought.


In the dark vessel located just above the planet the very being that the Pony Rangers were trying to defeat was staring down at the planet. Nightmare Moon was ready for her next attack. And while all the other captive ponies had been locked away elsewhere on the ship, Celestia still remained encased in her sphere that Nightmare Moon never let out of her sight.

“Oh dear sister, be grateful I still allow for you to control the sun and moon while trapped with me. Would you rather the ponies of Equestria burn?” Celestia had yet to say a word since being held captive, and it was getting on her sister’s nerves. “Trixie! Is the device ready?” Her three followers had been working on a device that would create any monster she wanted to use.

“We believe so your majesty.” The unicorn magician said.

“For our sake you better be right.” Gilda grumbled, earning a glare from Trixie.

“Are they still having problems Will?” The alicorn of the night asked about her followers.

“They are your highness.” The largest of the bunch, Iron Will explained as he ushered in one Putty Patroller

“Then maybe a test run will be needed.” Nightmare Moon took hold of the device the three had created. All she was to do was input any matter in the universe she wanted, and presto! Instant monster. The alicorn pressed several on the device before aiming at the Putty. The device shout out an electrical at the Putty, transforming it on contact. The grey clay being was now a monster made entirely out of metal, with a large magnet for a head.

“Magnetron at your service.” The monster said with a metallic voice, giving a little bow to Nightmare Moon.

“Impressive, but what can you do?” Magnetron stood up and promptly zapped Trixie and Gilda.

“What was that for?” Gilda complained until as if by force she and Trixie collided, unable to separate.

“Undo this immediately!!!!” Trixie shouted, her and Gilda trying to pull themselves free.

“I don’t know, I think you two are better this way.” The alicorn taunted. Then she pointed out the window. “Now…..go level the village known as Ponyville, and don’t come back till the Pony Rangers are no more!”


Even though Twilight didn’t want Spike working hard on their newest update to the Pony Rangers arsenal, the teen drake had been up in the early hours of the day typing away quickly at the computer. He was busy stretching his neck when Twilight trotted into what they referred to as Element Ops.

“Spike how long have you been up?”

“Only an hour or two.” Spike said, not looking at the unicorn. He was too busy looking at the error logo on the monitor. “Grrr….I just can’t get this one piece to fit! If I could just find a way to harness more power from the hydraulic systems.” Twilight could only smile fondly.

“Some kinds of power can’t be found in a computer Spike.”

“Well what other kind is there?” Spike said, Twilight's words actually putting a smirk on his face. When he heard what sounded like trotting coming down the stairs he quickly cleared the project off the screen, as so not to alert the others.

“Mornin’ Spike.” Applebloom greeted as she and Sweetie Belle trotted in.

“Where’s Scootaloo?” Spike asked confused as to why she wasn’t here.

“We don’t know, single hoofedly saving the world?” Sweetie offered. “It must be nice being a one pony army.” Twilight had a whole night to think as to what Scootaloo’s deal was as of late.

“You two are sure you don’t know what’s up with Scootaloo?”

“If we knew we would’ve told you.”

“Ah still think it’s the pressure.”

“Well, that and more.” Twilight explained. The two teenage ponies shared a look. “Look at it like this: you three were given a large responsibility. That would put pressure on any pony, but Scootaloo has that, plus having the pressure of being the leader of the team.” The unicorn said. “And I think there’s one other thing….be honest with me here, do you guys actually know where she lives?” It was beginning to dawn on Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Over a year ago when they were accepted to Celestia’s school Scootaloo was living in the town orphanage.

“No….no we don’t Twilight.”

“Well, Scootaloo will learn that there are others there to help her.”

“That’s just it Twilight! She won’t ask for our help!” Applebloom explained.

“She will, just give her time.”


The whereabouts of the Red Ranger was currently Ponyville, trying her best to clear her head by doing tricks on her scooter.

‘So what if I don’t live anywhere?’ Scootaloo thought to herself. ‘I can’t focus about that right now. I gotta make sure Applebloom and Sweetie Belle are on par with me.’ Grinding her scooter to a stop, Scootaloo sat down on a park bench, making sure she was alone.

“Or maybe it’s just me. I have to save the planet from the ultimate evil, be a leader to a team when I’ve never been leader…..and figure out where I sleep for the night.” ‘I can’t ask for help. I just can’t’


Little did Scootaloo know that while she was sulking by herself, Magnetron had just landed in Ponyville, and he was armed and dangerous. Cackling evilly as it stood on the hillside over the village it could make head count of the ponies walking around.

“I think it’s time to make some connections!” Magnetron aimed its head, letting loose a green blast of electricity down upon the wandering ponies. Any being the blast touched caused the closest ponies to collide with each other, now stuck. As the various ponies tried to pull themselves free, to their horror they then went flying into a larger pile of ponies being stucked together. “I always say…..opposites attract!” Magnetron then zapped the pile once more, this time turning the struggling ponies completely into metal, trapping them into place.

“Now, where are they?”


Scootaloo sat in the park completely unaware of what was going on. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t hear the approaching sounds of trotting.

“Hello Scootaloo. Haven’t seen you in a while.” The pegasus mare turned, and found the very kind, and shy, face of the pony named Fluttershy standing next to the bench.

“Oh, hi Fluttershy.”

“You look deep in thought.”

“I got a lot on my mind.” Scootaloo admitted. Fluttershy calmly sat next to her friend, knowing sometimes all a pony needed was some kindness.

“Anything you wanna talk about?” Scootaloo thought about the older mares offer, figuring if she couldn’t talk to Fluttershy, she wouldn’t be able to talk to anypony.

“You’re a good boss right?”

“Well, the only time I’m leader is when some of my animals friends need help.”

“So…..how do you do it? What’s the trick?” Scootaloo asked.

“There is no trick Scootaloo.” Fluttershy explained. “I work with them and give them a chance. I look at us more like teammates if anything.” Scootaloo looked at Fluttershy, finding it odd her choice of words.

“But how do you know things won’t get messed up if you don’t do them yourself?”

“I trust the ponies around me, especially my friends.” The Red Ranger thought about her advice for a few moments, then she heard it. She finally heard the screaming.

“PUT ME DOWN!!!”

“What was that?” Fluttershy asked, looking in the direction of the screaming. When Scootaloo turned, she briefly caught several ponies being pulled by some force, along with what looked like metal.

“I gotta go Fluttershy, thanks for the help!” The younger mare began galloping in the directions of the screams. Following the echoes bouncing off the buildings of Ponyville, she came across a second pile of ponies being stucked together by force. Before she could react the pile was turned to metal, much to her surprise. Then from behind the pile came what appeared to her was a metal creature with a large magnet for a head. “So what’s up with this?” Scootaloo asked, taking a fighting stance.

“Enjoying my work?” Magnetron asked.

“Nightmare Moon send you?”

“I thought you looked familiar.” Magnetron said, holding up its hands. “Take…..THIS!” Scootaloo had to roll out of the way of the green blast, bouncing off a wall to spin kick a chunk of metal back, only to take a trashcan lid to the gut. “Do you think your little playmates have the mettle to join us?”

“I can take you myself!”

“You think so?!” Scootaloo had to flip over the ledge of a sidewalk, and down to the ground five feet to avoid a another blast, but the moment she looked up she took several chunks of metal to the face, before one blast exploded around her, covering her in sparks and knocking her to the ground.


“Hey guys? We got a problem here!” Spike said, looking at the monitor. The ponies in the room quickly looked over his shoulder at a live video feed.

“What’s up Spike?”

“It’s Scootaloo! She’s fighting some weird magnet thing.” On the screen Magnetron was busy tossing Scootaloo around like a toy. “I’ve tapped into the Police Surveillance system when I saw the power readings going off the charts.” On screen Scootaloo had just been tossed spine first into a cement wall.

“We’d better help her.” Sweetie said. Applebloom began trotting out, only to her and Sweetie’s surprise have Twilight stop them in their tracks.

“Wait.” She insisted. “I will let you know when it’s time.”

“But Scootaloo-“

“Can handle herself for now. Trust me.”


Magnetron speared Scootaloo right through a boarded up doorway in an old warehouse in town. Scootaloo rolled out of his grasp, kicking up onto her hooves. Blocking several kicks and punches, the mare took to the air with several kicks of her own, only to have each one blocked. Exchanging more blows, Scootaloo was finally able to strike Magnetron in the chest with a flat hoof strike, before putting space between them with her back hooves. The mare needed a few moments to catch her breath; this fight hadn’t been easy.

“Well?” Magnetron took a fighting stance. Scootaloo looked at the morpher on her wrist, knowing it was time.

“You asked for it.” Scootaloo said, raising her hoof.

“Element Storm, Ranger Form! Ha!” She called, going through her morphing sequence, becoming the Red Ranger once more.

“Power of Air!”

“Get ready to be recycled!” Scootaloo taunted.

“What’s the matter Ranger, your friends not sticking with you?”

“Told you! I don’t need ‘em!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Have it your way then! TAKE THIS!” Magnetron aimed, and struck Scootaloo right in the chest with his magnet beam. Flailing wildly, the Red Ranger went flying backwards spine first into a metal cart, sparks exploding off her as she hit the metal. “And this!” Magnetron then pinned a bicycle against her chest. “And this!!!” Finally he pinned a large metal structure beam against Scootaloo, sparks coming off her as the weight began to get to her, forcing her to scream out in pain. “I always find this attractive!” Magnetron summoned its staff, slowly stalking its way towards the trapped ranger.

“I can’t handle this alone!” Scootaloo groaned, hoping somehow the others heard her. “Applebloom! Sweetie Belle! I NEED YOUR HELP!”

“You’re friends aren’t coming!” At Element Ops Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked on helplessly at their friend.

“Now Twilight?!” They asked, growing more concerned by the second. The unicorn nodded.

“Now.”

“Element Storm, Ranger Form! Ha!” Both ponies called.

“Power of Water!”

“Power of Earth!”

One neat perk about their ranger powers was it gifted the three with the gift to get anywhere they need to in a few seconds flat. This came in handy in finding Scootaloo. Right as Magnetron had its staff to deliver the final blow, it was caught off guard by two dropkicks out of nowhere, sending it crashing through a pile of random scrap.

“Are you ok?” Sweetie asked. The metal that had pinned Scootaloo fell to the ground harmlessly, granting the pegasus mare freedom once more.

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Scootaloo galloped over to her friends, lowering her visor. “You girls came!”

“Of course we did.” Applebloom said, she and Sweetie lowering their visors as well.

“I sorry, I’ve been acting like such a big jerk as of late. It’s just I’ve had so much pressure with everything, I didn’t stop to think of asking for help.”

“Scootaloo, we know you’ll make a great leader. Just don’t ever forget you’re not in this alone.” Sweetie said.

“I know…..and right now you don’t know how glad I am about that.” The three would’ve probably shared a hug if it wasn’t for Magnetron launching another metal beam at them.

“Pardon me but I haven’t finished destroying you yet!” The three rangers lifted their visors back up.

“Dream on metal head!” Applebloom said.

“Element Air Assault!” Scootaloo called, taking to the air, landing a strike on the monsters chest, before repeatedly kicking it with her backs hoof, flinging Magnetron back out into the open air.

“Element Swords!” The three pulled out their weapon, each bringing them down, but on contact the monster let out a hollow laugh.

“That can’t be good.” With one swing the three ponies were knocked backwards in a shower of sparks.

“I am so over this guy….” Scootaloo groaned, pulling herself back up.

“Why not just give up already?” Magnetron summoned its staff back out, firing off metal pellets, each damaging the three more with sparks. “I’m all charged up!” As Magnetron charged its net shot, Scootaloo finally noticed its weak point.

“Look, his energy center!” The weak point was glowing very blatantly on the center of its chest.

“Let’s take it out!”

“Goodbye Rangers! It’s been fun!” The monster fired its charged shot, the three barely able to roll out of the way of a massive fireball.

“Lion Hammer!”

“Sonic Fin!”

“Hawk Blaster!”

“Put ‘em together guys!” The three quickly combined their signature weapons. “And what do we get?”

“Storm Striker!” This time Applebloom was the one in charge of the trigger.

“Take your best shot!” Magnetron gloated.

“With pleasure! Ready!”

“Aim!”

“FIRE!” To the monsters surprise the three rangers aimed the large weapon into the air. The glowing sphere that came firing out grew larger in size until it was about that of a one hundred ton ball. “Bye bye!” The three rangers drove the sphere down, causing Magnetron to exploded with a massive wall of fire.

“We did it!”

“Together!” Scootaloo said looking at her friends. “Like it supposed to be!”


Above the planet in her vessel Nightmare Moon looked as though she was about to pop a vein out of pure fury.

“I......AM NOT…….GOING TO BE DEFEATED BY MERE CHILDREN!!!!” She shouted in the Canterlot voice. Taking a good look at the planet, she charged up a bolt of magic and fired right where the rangers were standing.

The charge of magic struck he site where Magnetron had just been destroyed. The three rangers watched as streaks of power came flying out of the fire, and to their disbelief and horror Magnetron reformed itself, only about the size of a skyscraper.

“Bigger is better!!!” The now giant monster shouted.

“Aw come on!” Scootaloo shouted annoyed.

“What are you gonna do now pathetic Element Rangers?!” Magnetron raised its massive foot….

“Look out!” Sweetie pushed her friends out of the way as Magnetron brought its foots down, barely missing the three. “We’re in trouble guys!”

“Big trouble!”


At Element Ops Spike and Twilight watched on helplessly as Magnetron swatted away at the rangers. The dragon pulled up their little project.

“The program still isn’t sequencing Twilight.” Spike said. “I don’t think they can handle it.” The unicorn looked back at the three struggling ponies, then back to Spike.

“They’re ready Spike. Send the zords.” Spike popped the knuckles in his claws.

“Alright, just a few more seconds to access the holographic portals……..and…..got it!” Spike slammed his fist on the big button in the middle of the computer, before pulling up the communicator. “Rangers! Listen closely! Hidden in a subterranean hangar are three, powerful robotic assault vehicles. Now that Nightmare Moon has raised the stakes, we have no choice but to call upon them.” The dragon explained. “Girls, we’re sending you some big-time backup!” Spike typed in a few more commands before smacking the big button again.

“The Hawk Zord.”

“The Dolphin Zord.”

“And the Lion Zord.”

“They materialize through holographic portals located through-out Equestria, and we’ve adapted them to operate under your command using your inner Element Powers of Air, Water and Earth!” At this very moment the zords were being brought out into Equestria via their holographic disguises. The Hawk Zord was able to fly out of its spot from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord had been cleverly hidden as an Equestria Cruise Ship, and the Lion Zord as a large Roller Coaster at an Equestria Carnival.

“The zords are equipped with an arsenal of state-of-the-art weaponry that you can access by using the power disc located on your morphers.” Twilight had taken over on the communicator. “We’ll be sending you new power disc after you master each skill level.” The caw of the Hawk Zord echoed about the sky as it approached the battle.

“The Hawk Zord is online!” Scootaloo shouted, looking up at the red robot bird.

“That’s right Scootaloo. You will pilot the Hawk Zord.” Spike explained. “Sweetie Belle, use your power of water to command the Dolphin Zord.” The blue sea creature robot was making its way inland, regardless of water or lack of thereof.

“Makes perfect sense to me!” Sweetie said.

“And Applebloom, you’ll have control of the mighty Lion Zord.” The yellow animal zord was stomping its way over the land of Equestria to get to its rightful controller.

“It’s massive!” The southern pony said happily. The three zords now had Magnetron in their sights.

“Let’s do it girls!” Scootaloo called. Using their strength the three Rangers leaped into the air, able to land perfectly in the cockpits of their vehicles. “Check it out girls!”

“These are pretty cool!”

“All right, let’s bring it!”

“Do you think you can stop me with something made of metal? I’M A MAGNET!!!” Magnetron began cackling evilly as it shot streams of fire at the three zords, and much to its irritation the fire just slipped around them harmlessly.

“Let’s fight fire with fire!” Scootaloo called, pressing a button to her right. “Flame Attack!” The entire outer covering of the Hawk Zord became ablaze in fire. Then it began encircling Magnetron in a cover of fire. “Check out there Turbos metal head! I’m all fired up!”

“Surfs up!” Sweetie called. Magnetron turned and against all possibilities a tidal wave of water was being launched right at it. The dolphin zord then sent the monster into the air, bouncing it off its snout like it was a ball and causing the monster to emit sparks. “All washed up!” Sweetie sent Magnetron flying into an open grass field. “She shoots, she scores!”

“How do you like this then?!” From the field came a long magnet arm, catching the dolphin zord in its grasp.

“No! He’s got me!” Sweetie called out.

‘Hang on!” Before Scootaloo could attempt to help her friend she too was caught in a magnet grasp. “Gah! I’m hit!!!”

“Pretty birdy!”

“Hey! Watch the fin!” Magnetron then began slamming the two rangers into the ground repeatedly. “Applebloom!”

“Guess it’s up to me! I’ll pick…..you!” The southern mare picked the first button she saw on her dashboard. The Lion Zord then dug its claws into the ground, its metal mane rotating like a fan. “It’s the Lion Tornado Blast!” A horizontal funnel of wind, dirt and rock began being blown right at Magnetron, damaging it enough to let Sweetie and Scootaloo go. “You gals ok?”

“Sure are! Now let’s show it some real muscle!”

“Great idea!” Applebloom clicked another button. “After-Burners! Fire!” The Lion Zord released its claws from the ground, its back legs lining up before launching itself like a missile at Magnetron. The sheer impact caused the monster to explode in many metal pieces. “That did it!” But to the three rangers horror the metal merely reformed itself.

“Miss me?!” Magnetron shouted.

“You’re beginning to bug me!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Must be its magnetic personality.” Sweetie noted.

“Any ideas?” Applebloom asked. “Cause I got nothing over here.”

“Same.”

“There must be something we can do!” Scootaloo said. On the video screen located in her zord, the Red Ranger watched as Twilight’s face appeared.

“There is something you can do Scootaloo. Think long and hard, and feel what is inside you.” Twilight said. “Your Element Powers will help guide you.” The pegasus mare didn’t know what the heck Twilight was going on about, until she thought.

‘There’s something missing…..what started all this?’ She thought to herself. This all started because of the simulation training…..along with…

“That’s it!” Scootaloo knew the answer. “The Parchment of Three! ‘One has the strength of three!’”

“Worth a shot!”

“Let’s go for it!”

“Here goes nothing then!” Magnetron watched as the jet boosters to the front paws of the Lion Zord slowly lifted it up to a vertical position. Its rear paws then retracted, forming metal feet, along with it back legs extending. The lion head then folded off to the side, extending as well to form an arm. On the opposite side the Dolphin Zord snapped in place to form the other arm. Finally the Hawk Zord shifted until it resembled a metal head, complete with a face that snapped on top of the being.

“Element Storm Megazord: Online!” The three rangers reported.

“Is that supposed to impress me?!” Magnetron cackled. “You megafools! Try this!!!” The monster then launched another fierce attack, but the Megazord walked right through the fire and lightning without a scratch. “What?!”

“What’s next Spike?”

“This is all we got over here, make it count!” Spike slammed the large button again. “Just follow the cues on your prompt screen. The disc will activate the next power level.”

“Ok, girls do what I do!” Scootaloo removed the disc off her morpher, her friends following exactly.

“We’re with you Scootaloo!”“

“Inserting power disc into sphere drive!” All three rangers slipped the disc into a special slot.

“Locked, and drop!” With the turn of a knob, all three power disc sent a signal to the center of the Megazord.

“Power Sphere Activate!” Scootaloo called. “Serpent Sword!” The Element Storm Emblem located on the chest of the Megazord flipped open, allowing a red sphere to fly out, spinning rapidly as the sphere itself opened. Inside was a mini dragon zord that quickly shifted into a sword that the Megazord took hold of.

“Megazord! Multiply!” Right before Magnetron’s eye the Element Storm Megazord multiplied into three Megazord, each armed and dangerous.

“Three against one? That’s not fair!!!”

“Ready! Aim! Fire!” All three rangers called. Each Megazord swung with its sword, each massive slash connecting with Magnetron, each one causing the monster to emit lightning discharge and sparks until, while screaming wildly, it finally collapsed to the ground with a massive explosion, the largest one the rangers have seen yet. The Megazord then reformed into one.

“We did it!” Sweetie called out.

“We sure did!”

“Nice teamwork girls!” Scootaloo said proudly, now sure that she could be a leader after all.


All over Ponyville the ponies that had been trapped in metal piles were finally being returned to their normal selves. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom could only watch from Element Ops proudly.

“Good news, everypony that’s been affected have been returned to normal.” Spike reported.

“So those zords are ours? That’s awesome!” Applebloom said, slapping hooves with her friends.

“Just remember you three, those zords aren’t toys.” Twilight said, getting the threes attention. “I think it’s time you three should know that being a ranger comes with some rules.”

“Couldn’t you have told us that sooner?” Sweetie asked.

“You three were just getting used to it all.” The purple unicorn explained. “Three rules to remember. You must never use your powers for your own personal gain, only escalate the battle when our enemies do, and never give away you identities as the Pony Rangers.”

“Ok, fair enough.” Scootaloo said.

“Now that you three have learned to work as one, the balance of power will always be by your sides. I know you’ve guys have had a long day, so let’s call it a night.”

“Good, cause I’ve tuckered out.” Applebloom yawned.

“We’ll see you guys in the morning.” Sweetie said as she and her southern friend trotted upstairs. Only Scootaloo stayed behind.

“I…take it you know of my situation?” She asked Twilight and Spike. The two shared a look, Spike shrugging as if something didn’t matter to him.

“Well Scootaloo, we do have a guest room here in the library, so we figured you’re more than welcomed to it.” The pegasus mare looked at the older pony, before catching Twilight off guard with a hug.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” She said over and over again. Twilight only smiled, returning the hug.

“You better not be late to training anymore.” Spike joked, earning a hearty laugh from the ponies.


“Graaaaaaahhhh!!!!” Nightmare Moon screamed out, looking at an image of the Ranger’s new Megazord. Due to Magnetron’s defeat Trixie and Gilda were finally separated.

“With all due respect your majesty, I don’t think the rangers will go down that easily.” Iron Will said, being careful with his words as so not to upset her even more.

“Maybe you shouldn’t listen to Trixie next time.” Gilda muttered.

“If you have a problem with the Great and Powerful-“

“SILENCE!!!!” The alicorn shouted in the voice. “I see I have under estimated the Pony Rangers…….no matter. I have ways to defeated them.” She turned to her followers. “Tell me…what do you know about the weather?” This was an odd question for the three.

“How would I know? I’m not a weather pony.” Gilda said.

“Because…..the forecast is in…..” In a corridor just behind the villain the walls began emitting sparks and lightning, before a bright light began flashing violently as two figures appeared in the light, landing in a kneeling position. The followers’ eyes widen as the all too familiar shape of the figures stood to face Nightmare Moon, having no idea that she was capable of this.

“There’s a storm moving in……a Thunder Storm….AND THIS TIME NO PONY WILL STOP ME!!!”