• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,556

The Phoenix's Journey Part 1

Celestia’s sun lit up another beautiful day in Equestria, lighting up the days of several happy ponies, especially those of Ponyville. But under the library 5 ponies stood in a circle, watching their teacher set up some kind of demonstration. Sweetie cocked her eye, turning to Scootaloo who shrugged. Applebloom let out a big breath of air while Button shook his head.

“Yeah right.”

“No way, theres no way she does this.” Rumble said certainly.

“Ah don’t know Rumble. Twilight’s pretty tough for a librarian.” The yellow ranger noted.

“Have some respect for her please.” Scootaloo said quietly, getting her team to be quiet. Twilight floated over the last piece of her demo: a large hunk of marble stone.

“Now, watch closely rangers.” Twilight said calmly, before closing her eyes in concentration. Before the five could react the elder unicorn’s hoof shot downward, making contact and smashing the slab into two pieces.

“Whoa!”

“Didn’t see that coming!”

“Radical!”

“You were saying?” Sweetie smirked, looking at Rumble who looked dumbstruck.

“Ok I stand corrected, but how-“

“Former student of Celestia’s. Do the math.” Spike teased from the other side of the room at the large computer.

“That, but also the power doesn’t come from the body. It comes from the mind.” Sweetie said. Twilight patted the blue ranger on the shoulder.

“Correct.”

“Right, I’m up!” Rumble said confidently.

“You sure about that bro?” Button teased.

“Look if she can do it…..I’m gonna give it my best shot.” Rumble said, his determination fading slightly. Scootaloo strained under the weight of the new slab as she put it into place. The crimson ranger calmed trotted forward, clearing his head and focusing on the slab. Taking deep breaths Rumble brought his hoof down…

*Thunk*

Only for it to collide with the slab, shooting pain up his hoof and leg. His friends couldn’t help but laugh at Rumble’s failure.

“Looks like its Twilight: 1. Thunder Ranger: Zip.” Scootaloo teased.

“Ok then babe, you give it a try.” The thunder ranger challenged to his fillyfriend. The red ranger scoffed and had her coltfriend move out of the way. From his computer Spike was beginning to watch with interest. The teenage Pegasus trotted forward, building up her energy before bringing her hoof down….

*Thunk*

But felt the same pain shoot up her hoof and let as she screamed out in agony. Sweetie set herself up to give it a shot, but quickly felt the same pain as her friends. Button Mash took the cake however as he tried to break the slab-

*Thunk*

With his head. Clutching his head as his friends collapsed in laughter the ranger groaned in agony.


Meanwhile up above the planet floated a vessel that contained some of the most evil beings in Equestria, lead by the meanest of the lot, the Alicorn of the Night, Nightmare Moon. However instead of focusing on their next course of action an argument had broken out instead.

“You know in the few weeks I’ve been up here I’ve seen nothing but amateur level here.” Sunset Shimmer said directly at Gilda.

“Look Shimmer if you have a problem with me say it to my beak!”

“Fine.” Sunset trotted over and stood snout to beak with the griffon. “I have a problem with you.”

“You wanna take this outside?!”

“Its space out there birdbrain!”

“Ladies!” Nightmare Moon shouted from her throne, before rising to her hooves. “I choose thee because you have key factors for conquering Equestria. And while I have not said it before, I do respect both of your opinions on this vessel.” Gilda and Sunset looked at each other confused before being caught off guard by a familiar evil cackle, coming from behind them.

Oh the look on thy faces!” Nightmare Moon cackled as the alicorn in front of the two shimmered into a monster.

“Ladies, meet Madtropolis.” Iron Will introduced. “He has the power to create illusions and can be other beings.”

“Just a little thing I do! It kills at barbeques!” The monster taunted. Nightmare Moon rolled her eyes now.

“Tis a nice party trick will but it does not scream world domination.”

“Wait your majesty! There’s more!” The minotaur said as the monster held up a large metal sphere with a dial lid on top.

“With this, I can capture the rangers energy! Leaving Equestria completely defenseless!” Madtropolis declared. The alicorn of the night nodded with approval.

“At last we are getting somewhere….”


Back at Element Ops the five teenage rangers were rubbing their sore hooves while Twilight continue with her lecture. Spike in the meantime had to clean the slabs of marble up.

“The five of you have come quite far.” The elder unicorn said. “But you still have quite some way to go.”

“Yeah but Twilight you were trained by Celestia herself.” Applebloom said. “Kinda hard to keep up with that.”

“Heeeeyah!” The six ponies turned and to their amazement say Spike chop the slab of marble into tiny pieces.

“What? No way!” Scootaloo said, dumbfounded.

“What?” Spike asked confused, standing back up.

“Ok, how did you do that?” Rumble asked with a smirk.

“Oh! He used some kind of laser beam! That’s it!” Scootaloo declared, causing spike to frown greatly, looking rather ticked off.

“No wait! Yall switched the bricks! Ah saw that in a stunt show once!” Applebloom declared.

“Oh switch eh?” Spike lifted a slab and chucked at the yellow ranger, who almost collapsed under its weight.

“Ok, its real…” Applebloom groaned.

“Guys its so obvious: he’s a dragon. Marbles probably like clay to him.” Button concluded. The drake stared long and hard at the five.

“You still don’t get it do you?”

Get what?” Scootaloo asked confused.

“Just because somepony isn’t a ranger doesn’t make them completely useless!” Twilight frowned, knowing where this conversation was going. “Forget this. I’m going to get some air.” The drake turned and stormed out of Element Ops, not before punching a hole in the wall before leaving. Scootaloo, Applebloom, Rumble and Button Mash looked confused as Sweetie Belle quickly chased after her friend.

“Not again.” Twilight said quietly.

“Is he mad at us?”

“Bloom he’s always mad at us!” Scootaloo complained.

“Did we say something wrong?” Button asked confused.

“I’m sorry guys but there’s a lot more to this.” The elder unicorn said as her students turned to her. Outside Spike made his way to the local pond and started skipping stones into the water, just wanting to be alone with his thoughts. He didn’t get that as Sweetie Belle quietly trotted over to him.

“You alright?” The blue ranger asked concerned.

“…yeah.” Spike said. He couldn’t stay mad at Sweetie Belle. “Just tired of the lack of respect I get from the others.”

“Spike we all respect and care for you deeply. You’re like family to us.” Sweetie said softly. “Everything we can do is because of what you’re able to do.

“Its not enough though. I want to be part of it!” Spike said longingly. Sweetie nodded, looking out into the pond. She knew what this was all about finally.

“You want to be a ranger?” Spike didn’t say anything, but she knew she was right. “Have you tried talking to Twilight about this?”

“I have. She’s said absolutely not.” The drake said, depressed.

“Why?” Spike turned to the ranger. At Element Ops Twilight explained everything to the others.

“You’re keeping a promise Celestia made to Spikes mother? When he was just an egg, that’s why you wont let him become a ranger?” Scootaloo asked.

“Do any of you have something you’d like to say then?” Twilight asked, opening the floor.

“Ah do, and ah’m sorry Twilight but that’s weak.” Applebloom said honestly.

“I appreciate your honestly Bloom.”

“Twilight you always tell us to follow our own paths in life right?”

“Yes, but as a guardian there are greater things to consider.” Twilight said. “Spike’s like a little brother to me, but in a lot of ways he’s like my own son. Its far more complicated than you think.”

“Seems easy to me.” Button said. “You need to trust him.”

“Spikes the most together of all of us. If anypony would make a great ranger it would be him.” Rumble argued. Twilight sighed.

“Maybe I have been too overprotective of him. Could you leave me alone for a bit?” The unicorn asked. Her four remaining students bowed and quietly trotted up the stairs and out of Element Ops. Twilight turned at looked sadly at a photo of Celestia and a pink dragon who was holding a purple egg.

Sweetie Belle listened quietly as spike explained Twilight’s reasoning to her.

“Spike…Twilight just wants what’s best for you.” The ranger explained softly.

“I know that…” The drake begrudgingly conceded.

“You have to tell her how you really feel. Make her understand how important this is to you.” Sweetie explained, placing a hoof on Spike’s shoulder. “She’s the most reasonable pony I’ve ever known. Go talk to her.” Spike looked out at the water before chuckling.

“Alright, but if she doesn’t listen, I’m telling her it was your idea.”

“Oh sure, send me up the river.” The mare joked. Skipping the last stone he held the two turned to return to Elements Ops when the water behind them on the shoreline exploded. Turning round the two found Gilda and Sunset Shimmer, plus a hoard of Putty Patrols along with Madtropolis.

“We hate to ruin this greeting card moment.” Gilda said.

“But we’re here to destroy you.” Sunset taunted casually. “Attack!!!” Madtropolis fired off energy beams at the two equestrians, forcing them to roll away from the exploding cascade of sparks and sand. Rubbing his back from the landing Spike climbed back onto his feet in a fighting stance.

“This isn’t your fight drake. Don’t make us rough you up some more.” Gilda taunted as four ponies came ping ponging to a stop next to Sweetie Belle.

“Ah heard of cities coming alive but that’s just plain silly.” Applebloom noted, looking at the cityscape on top of Madtropolis head.

“Everypony’s a comedian! Now are you gonna morph or do I have to beg?!” The monster taunted.

“You asked for it.” Scootaloo growled, not seeing the smirk on Sunset’s face. “You guys ready?”

“Ready!” In a flash the five rangers had their morphers ready.

"Element Storm!"

"Thunder Storm!"

"Ranger Form! Ha!" The morphing vortex formed around the mares while a pair of golden gauntlets clamped to stallions forehooves and shoulders as their helmets launched into the air. Rumble's and Button Mash's helmets landed perfect on their heads while the mares outfits snapped to their bodies. All five visors closed together as a group.

“Power of Air!”

“Earth!”

“Water!”

“Power of Thunder!”

The five rangers took a fighting stance as Madtropolis ordered the Putties to attack. “Spike! Get out of here!” Scootaloo shouted.

“No way! I can fight!” Spike said, determined to not run away. The monster dropped down, striking Button right off his hooves while Rumble had to duck under a strike. The putties however didn’t attack the rangers, instead going after Spike while Gilda and Sunset watched on. The drake caught the first punch with his, roundhouse striking a putty as it got to close before rolling back to make some space. Madtropolis struck Applebloom on the head with the large sphere container it was holding before bowling over Sweetie and Scootaloo with little effort.

Spike took hold of a putty, jumping to kick another only to be caught like a rat in a trap. The two putties flipped the drake over, dropping him on his head before the group pounced, pinning spike down with nowhere to go.

“Spike!!!” Before his friends could come to the rescue Sunset fired off a massive charge, sending the five ponies off their hooves in a large explosion.

“Now for the ‘drain’ event!” Madtropolis opened the sphere and aimed it at the five rangers. Spike looked on in horror as a suction of energy overtook his friends. He could do nothing as the color slowly began to fade out from the five.

“Try to resist guys!” Scootaloo said through gritted teeth.

“I can’t! It’s too strong!” Rumble shouted, before the five now gray rangers collapsed in a heap, demorphing before they hit the ground.

“That outta do it!” Madtropolis placed the lid back on the container as Scootaloo tried weakly to get back on her hooves to fight. She and her friends looked like the lightest breeze would blow them over. The color from their manes and coats were also faded.

“Awww, you brats look a little pale. Have you tried getting out more?” The evil unicorn taunted.

“Pleasure doing business with you Power Losers, but we got to go!” Gilda taunted before the evil forces vanished in a flash on lightning, taking the putties with them.

“Girls! Guys!” Spike yelled as he quickly sprinted over to the weakened rangers. “Are you ok?”

“Not so loud Spike…..” Applebloom groaned, holding her ears against her head.

“Did anypony get the number of the wagon that hit us?” Button groaned, his head flopping around.

“We need to get you all back to Ops! Now!” Spike helped Scootaloo up as the group slowly traveled back to Element Ops.


The red ranger could barely sit up as Spike ran a scanner over his friend, a deeply concerned look on his face as Twilight watched the results on the monitor.

“Augh that monster drove us into the ground…..what happened out there Spike?” Scootaloo asked weakly. The teenage drake had to make sure she didn’t collapse from her spot.

“Madtropolis drained you all of your Ranger Energy Force.” Spike said. “If you guys go out and fight again…..there’s a good chance you won’t come back.” He said grimly.

“That’s harsh…” Sweetie groaned from the floor, next to the other rangers.

“This is grave news I’m afraid. We have to find a way to retrieve your powers at once.” The elder unicorn said. A live video feed popped onto the screen, showing the monster in question cackling away from some warehouse with the sphere containing their powers inside.

“Alright its go time…” Scootaloo barely made it to her hooves before Spike had to hold her up.

“Scootaloo you can barely stand!”

“I’m not going to sit here with that freak on the loose…” The ranger said determined gritting her teeth as she made it to her hooves.

“We aren’t either.” Rumble said as he and the others leaned on one another just to stay on their hooves.

“Alright, but at least let me increase your energy through your morphers.” Spike typed away and slammed the large button, causing the five morphers to glow brightly. “It won’t last however, so please be safe guys.”

“We’ll watch from here if you need us to pull you back.” Twilight said, deeply concerned but knowing she couldn’t talk them out of this. The energy boost restored their colors to them as the five shook off any confusion they had.


Madtropolis cackled as the fuse he light on the container slowly ticked away. Once it exploded the power within would be destroyed forever, making it impossible for the rangers to retrieve them.

“Now to blast these ranger powers out of existence!” The monster cackled, until something zipped back, taking the sphere away. Madtropolis turned and saw the group of rangers, once again morphed. Scootaloo yanked the fuse out before it could go any further.

“Sorry! But we’re here to snuff out your plans!”

“Hey that’s mine! I stole those from you fair and square!” Madtropolis fired off a charge, scattering the five apart as Scootaloo flipped over the attack and towards the monster. Sliding under the villain the Pegasus mare ran as hard her legs could go as Madtropolis’s eyes flashed red. As Scootaloo ran several firey explosions went off around her, knocking her off her hooves, However she was attempt to return fire with her Hawk Blaster, landing several shots that Madtropolis simply shrugged off.

“That’s not good….” The red ranger moaned. Then the monster faded out before her eyes. As Scootaloo quickly searched the monster shimmered back into view behind her, throwing her off her hooves and onto the cold concrete. The Pegasus mare weakly clung to the sphere as her morpher began beeping.

“Scootaloo come in! You have to conserve energy!” Spike said over the communicator.

“Easier said than done…” Scootaloo groaned as Madtropolis slowly made his way towards here.

“Now give that back to me!”

“I’m taking my ball and going home!” To her surprise Madtropolis laughed.

“That’s what you think!” Before her once more the monster faded out as darkness overtook Scootaloo, leaving her in a foggy realm.

“I got a bad feeling about this…..” Madtropolis had brought Scootaloo to the Realm of Nightmares, where everything was very real. The ranger spin around to see a screaming Madtropolis charging towards her.

“Element Blade!” Scootaloo ducked under an attack and repeatedly struck Madtropolis before to her horror she saw two male figures collapse before her. “Oh no!” The ranger quickly helped Button Mash and Rumble back up. “I’m so sorry! I thought I was fighting Madtropolis!”

“So did we!” Button groaned.

“This place to crazy. Watch your back.” Rumble warned as Sweetie Belle and Applebloom appeared from the fog with their weapons in tow.

“Yer toast Madtropolis!” The yellow ranger fired away, striking the three over and over before they collapsed in a shower of sparks.

“Sweetie! Bloom! What are you doing?!” Scootaloo barely blocked a blade attack from Sweetie Belle.

“You don’t fool me! You’re done for!”

“Sweetie Belle its me! Scootaloo!!!” The red ranger groaned as she was slashed with the Element Blade. Button Mash and Rumble brought the two down as what they were seeing faded away.

“Was that yall?”

“I don’t know what to believe here!” The five regrouped as Madtropolis appeared before them.

“Nopony knows whats real and whats not in the Realm of Nightmares!”

“I’ve had enough of your mindgames Madtropolis!” Scootaloo warned, clinging to the sphere with their powers.

“Aww you’re no fun! I’m just getting started! Come on!!!!!” The monster vanished before them again as Scootaloo turned and saw her friends turn into Madtropolis.

“Not this again!” One of the Madtropolis charged forward and struck her off her hooves in a shower of sparks. “That one has to be him!!!” Scootaloo struck with her blade, finding out to her horror she attacked Applebloom instead. “Bloom! I…I….I don’t what to do!!!!” Scootaloo was beginning to panic when she heard a calming voice from inside her head.

“Scootaloo listen.”

“Twilight? Is that you?!”

“You need to trust your heart, for your eyes are deceiving you. Concentrate on your inner self, because it with tell you what is real, and what is not.” Twilight said calmly. The red ranger stood calm and collective; the words of her mentor relaxing her.

“I’ll try Twilight.” The visor of her helmet opened as Scootaloo closed her eyes, listening intently. Four Madtropolis shimmer into existence around her, cackling madly. The red ranger waited for her moment, listening for what she needed. “Got you.” Scootaloo said quietly, before quickly turning as firing at the Madtropolis behind her with the Hawk Blaster. The monster screamed out as sparks flew off it. The darkness around them began to clear as the five found themselves back in the warehouse. The five rangers weakly regrouped as Scootaloo noticed their colors fading.

“You guys ok?”

“I can’t take much more!” Sweetie Belle moaned.

“I think the power boost is wearing off Scoots.” Rumble groaned, shaking his head to clear his vision. Scootaloo tried to reach her coltfriend before she collapsed onto the ground.

“Scootaloo!” The five began clutching their heads and moaning as they began to crash from the lack of ranger power. As the five writhed on the ground the large shimmer head of Madtropolis came into existence and blasted the rangers with a large lightning attack. The five rangers screamed out in pain as the monster appeared before them.

“Now for the last time, give that back!” Scootaloo gritted her teeth as she pulled herself up.

“Let me get this straight: you think I’m going to hoof this over with all our powers in it? Not gonna happen!” Her friends quickly regrouped beside her. “Come on guys!” As a last ditch effort the group combined their signature weapons. Rumble and Button Mash knelt down and held the larger weapon over their shoulders while Sweetie and Applebloom held up the front. Scootaloo took hold of the trigger.

“Thunderstorm Cannon!!!!” The five rangers called out. Madtropolis cackled.

“Oh yeah?! But which one is the real me?!” Before their eyes multiple copies of the monster began shimmering into existence, too many to keep count of.

“One way to find out! FULL POWER!!!” The cannon glowed as energy filled up inside before Scootaloo pulled the trigger. “Fire!!!!!” The energy blast shot out of the cannon, flying forward at lightning speed before it collided with the real Madtropolis. The monster screamed out as sparks and lightning began discharging from it before it finally collapsed in a large fiery explosion.


From up above on her vessel the alicorn of the night could only sigh in disappointment.

“Tis seems that I need to look more into urban growth.” Nightmare Moon turned as shot a large energy blast at the spot Madtropolis was defeated, striking its remains before it grew to giant size, standing well above the rangers.

“I’m ripping the skies!!!!” The monster cackled as Scootaloo passed the sphere to Applebloom.

“Do it Scoots!” The Pegasus mare struck the sphere with her blade but watched as it harmless bounced off.

“I cant open it!”

“We don’t have time to figure it out! We have to stop him!” Rumble roared as the monster struck with a massive charge of energy.

“Spike! We need the Megazord!”

“You wont last through a zord fight you guys!” Spike said over the communicator, growing more worried by the moment.

“Just do it!!!” Scootaloo shouted, determined to fight as long as she and her friends could.

“All right…but we need that sphere back at Element Ops.” Spike explained. “Twilight and I have been working on a experimental teleport system…..I just hope its ready….” Uncertained what would happen Spike typed away and pressed the large button. Before them the sphere vanished from Scootaloo grasp, appearing on the monitor in Elements
Ops. Spike watched on nervously as the sphere began shimmering in front of him.

From the hillside a large navy color zord ramped over and into their view. The hill collapsed as the Crimson Insectizoid came driving right through it. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel.

Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head. The two thunder
zords drove towards each other before taking to the air in a cyclone formation. Blast of lightning came flying off as the Beetle Zord shifted, forming the lower half of the machine. The claw that made up the head latched itself to the
Insectizoid as it shifted to form the top half. Both halves finally formed, connecting as the threads from the Insectizoid revved up, now making both arms.

“Two Megazords to make my day!!” Madtropolis cackled before rocking both Megazords with a surge of electricity, shaking the already woozy rangers inside with sparks.

“We need to give all we got guys…” Scootaloo groaned, her vision becoming blurry. At Element Ops Spike was typing away wildly.

“Ok…I think I got a lock!” Slamming the button, the sphere containing the five rangers power shimmered in front of him, physically arriving and out of harms way. “Got it! Rangers, I got the sphere! I’m sending you some protection, but its all you can handle right now.” Spike typed away. Within the Element Storm Megazord a power disc appeared before a groggy Scootaloo.

“We’ll take what we can get Spike…..power disc, locked and dropped!” The ranger inserted the disc into the slot and turned the handle. The chest of the Megazord opened as the red sphere 09 formed, opening to reveal quite a large red sheet. “A scarf…. you sent us a scarf?!” Scootaloo said in disbelief.

“Just go with it!!!”

“Alright if you say so.” Feeling silly the three mares had the Megazord throw the scarf, watching it repeatedly strike Madtropolis, rocking the monster in sparks. When it returned Scootaloo waved the scarf, causing the two Megazords to vanish. The monster cackled.

“It’s going to take more than a giant hankie to fool me!!” Madtropolis fired off another large burst of energy, igniting the ground under where the two Megazords should’ve been. With the flames too much to handle the two Megazords shimmered back into existence.

“The heat…..its too much to handle!!!” Scootaloo screamed.

“We can’t fight it!” Rumble groaned as the Megazords shook wildly. At Element Ops Spike and Twilight could only watch on in horror as with the lack of energy the five rangers went tumbling out of the sky, being ejected from the Megazords. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Rumble and Button Mash could barely do anything as the last of their boosted powers vanished, causing all five to demorph.

“Say goodbye rangers!” Madtropolis cackled, standing victoriously over the five fallen ponies, who were all struggling to stand and even staying awake. Spike keep slamming the button, only for nothing to happen.

“Guys! Girls! Get up!” The drake pleaded. “They’re out of energy Twilight!”

“Spike, I’m sorry but there’s little we can do from here.” Twilight said softly, still in shock from what she was seeing.

“Don’t tell me you’re giving up?” Spike clutched his head and though of every outcome. “Maybe we can….or we could……augh! Something!!!” Twilight paused.

“Well….there once was a power source that could’ve helped us, but there’s little we can do…”

“Twilight now’s not the time for riddles. If you know something you have to tell me.” Spike pleaded. From up above on her vessel the evil forces that followed in Nightmare Moons wake watched on as their biggest headache was mere moments away from being defeated.

“Dear sister look down upon thy choose heroes. Tis a pity that I need to destroy them like so…” The younger alicorn taunted as Sunset held the sphere containing the alicorn of the day, Princess Celestia inside.

“Bye bye rangers, we’ll miss you. Not!” Gilda taunted.

“Although Iron Will would it kill you to smile?” Nightmare Moon asked as the minotaur of the group sighed, content with seeing what he was seeing. The older unicorn thought for a moment, before shaking her head at the teenage drake.

“Twilight please. If you know something that can help us-“

“Spike there isn’t anything to discuss. We cant dwell on what has long been lost to time.” Twilight explained. The drake groan and held his head, until something dawned on him.

“Time……The Parchment of Time!!!!” Spike quickly leaped to his feet and sprinted to the bookshelf behind them. Within a purple flash however Twilight teleported in front of him to cut him off.

“Spike, no! We cant disrupted the order of time.”

“Twilight if I don’t do something we won’t have anytime left! Look at them!!” Spike said desperately, pointing back to the monitor.

“Spike……Twilight……help…..” Scootaloo’s weak voice came over the monitor as she and her friends struggled with great effort to stand.

“I have to go back in time and find the one thing that will help us!”

“I can’t and won’t let you Spike!”

“Why not?!” Twilight looked dead into Spike’s eyes with a glare.

“Why are you so desperate to get involved? With your little outburst this morning I thought you would be overjoyed at them losing their powers!”

“This isn’t about that Twilight!” Spike pleaded.

“Then what?! What is it about then Spike!” The drake turned back, watching the monitor helplessly. He had one last plead to give.

“Cause they’re my friends Twilight…. any one of them would do this if I was in their hooves.” The drake said softly. The unicorn mare took in what spike said, thinking deeply, turning back to the scroll of time.

“…..the spark that’ll bring them together….” Twilight said quietly so that even spike couldn’t hear. She turned back to the drake with a sad look. “Are you sure about this?”

“It’s risk I’m willing to take Twilight.” The unicorn looked away, unable to meet Spike’s eyes before finally relenting and stepping to the side. “…thank you!” Spike said, snatching up the powerful parchment. Carefully unfolding the old
parchment the spell glowed brightly before flying right out of Spike’s claws. On the monitor and all around the world time came to a halt. Madtropolis was locked in a frozen state, its giant hand about to smash the rangers up. Up above the evil forces noticed what was happening.

“Uhhh, why did Madtropolis freeze up like that?” Gilda asked confused.

“I smell a rat!” Will growled.

“I believe thou is correct…..what are you up to Twilight Sparkle?” Nightmare Moon asked, her moon growing worse by the minute. Inside Element Ops had been filled with a wind coming from the portal the Parchment of Time has opened.

“Are you sure there isn’t another way?” Twilight said loudly so she can be heard over the parchment.

“I can’t think of anything more desperate than this! Can you?”

“No I can’t. Time here with be frozen until the writing on the parchment fades. If you haven’t returned before it does…..you’ll be trapped in the past forever….” Twilight said, looking at Spike with deep concern.

“I’m coming back alright?” Spike promised.

“If Celestia was here she would say you have your mothers kind heart. But I know you have my stubborn head.” Twilight said. The drake smiled at the sentiment before turning to the parchment. Taking a deep breath the drake leaped into the spell, vanishing along with the parchment.

“…be safe please…..” Twilight pleaded quietly.


Two seconds in and Spike was already in trouble. Screaming and turning the drake went flying through the time vortex. He didn’t consider how he was going to get to the time he needed to. Looking around him he could see events from the past happening. For what felt like forever Spike tumbled until a bright flash engulfed him. Then he felt himself slamming into the ground.

Groaning, Spike picked himself up and took in his surroundings.

“Did it work?” He asked himself. “It looks like I’ve outside the academy…” A gust of wind blew dirt and leaves around him as the sound of hooves clicking on the ground came from behind him. Slowly turning spike found himself with a taller
than average pony. What he found most striking was the horn and wings the pony had. The alicorn before him was wearing the academy uniform he was quite familiar with, but the figures face was hidden.

“You are trespassing…..” The figure growled. From the voice Spike knew they were female. “Thee will tell me the password or I will be forced to strike thee down!”