• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,555 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,555

Thunder Strangers Part 1

Scootaloo and Applebloom were doing something that they probably shouldn’t have been doing. While the weather in Ponyville for once was absolutely perfect the two Element Storm Rangers were instead in the middle of Element Ops looking over the contents of Spike’s laptop, something that the teenage drake most likely would be very annoyed with. One file in particular caught the two mares’ attention.

“Unbelievable….” The pegasus mare said quietly.

“Ah hear you there Scoots, it’s so amazing it’s just wrong.” Applebloom was practically drooling over the laptop.

“Check out the lines on that baby, the way they move……I can’t believe it!” Scootaloo said loudly. The two were so caught up at the file that they failed to hear somepony walking down the steps into Element Ops, and it was the very last being they wanted to see.

“You better not be doing anything illegal!” Spike snapped when he saw the two ponies on his laptop. The two mares in question looked at each other, stuttering and trying to place it back as they found it.

“No, no, no, no, no.”

“We, uh…..found it like that!” Applebloom tried to fib.

“Let me see.” Spike walked over and yanked the computer away from the two and looked at just what the two were so excited over. He raised an eye at the sight. “The Tsunami Cycles?” He questioned.

“Yeah!” Scootaloo and Applebloom said happily.

“Shouldn’t you two be outside or annoying somepony else?” Spike asked, clearly not amused at the two.

“Ah mean, it was already switched on to this channel so we though-“

“Applebloom, computers don’t have channels.” Spike said, clearing seeing through the mares lie. “And I would appreciate it if you guys didn’t cruise through here without asking me first.”

“What’s the big deal Spike? We didn’t break it.” Scootaloo said in their defense.

“It’s taken me two weeks to make all the right changes to the bikes, I just don’t want anything to-“Before the drake could finish that sentence the laptop began beeping. Spike pressed a few keys, his frown getting bigger and bigger by the minute. “Please tell me this is just a dream.” Right before their eyes the screen went black, with a red error logo taking its place. “I don’t believe this!”

“What? What is it?”

“Spike you’re sweating really, really bad right now. Are you ok?” Applebloom asked.

“It’s frozen! The system’s locked up!” Spike said loudly, quickly making his way over to the main computer in hopes of fixing the problem, but all he found was the same error logo. “The whole systems dead!”

“Yeah, but you backed it up right?” The red ranger asked.

“Of course I did, I must have.” Spike tried typing, but nothing was going through. Then a thought came to him. “Applebloom, you have the back up, I gave it to you on that disc remember?” The southern earth pony thought for a moment, trying remember.

“Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, ah remember. You gave it to me and put it in my saddle-“The pony stopped dead in her tracks when a sudden realization came over her. The picture of her doing what she did flashed in her mind. “I put it in my saddlebag….”


Miles above the planet the one being causing the Element Storm Rangers so much grief down below was admiring her latest prize, all while doing it in sight of her captive sister, the alicorn of the sun Celestia. Nightmare Moon was levitating the backup disc.

“The Element Rangers Greatest Hits.” She cackled. “Are all my favorites on here?”

“If you mean the Tsunami Cycle Serenade, then yes.” The alicorn turned to the one that was speaking, and looked happily at the two Thunder Storm Rangers in front of her.

“I wonder if they know it’s been released a little early.” The crimson ranger taunted.

“I only wish I could be there myself to see the looks on their faces.” Nightmare Moon cackled as she took her spot on her throne, hovering her sister’s sphere closer. “Come now dear sister, do not look so down. Soon those ponies you call rangers will join you up here while I rule your beloved kingdom.”

“Which brings us to our agreement, we have unfinished business.” The crimson ranger pointed out to the evil alicorn.

“Do not worry, evil plans are like fine wine. You must let them sit awhile before uncorking them.”

“They also go bad if you leave them too long.” The navy ranger pointed out. The alicorn only glared at the two.

“They’re not wrong….” Gilda pointed out quietly.

“Shush!” Her reluctant partner Trixie said, not wanting their leader to be any angrier at them. At that moment Iron Will came marching in full force, finally wanting to do something.

“Out of my way!” He ordered, pushing Trixie and Gilda aside. You majesty, I have a plan of attack. If we hit the rangers at the place they call Sugarcube Corner, it’s-“

“Will, Will, Will…..” Nightmare Moon sighed, as if she’s spoke of the matter before. “How many times must I go over this with you? A ranger’s power can only be destroyed when they are at their full ranger form!” She shouted, leaning in until she was nose to nose with the minotaur.

“Of-of course your majesty.”

“Therefore, we must defeat them at the right moment. Otherwise, all of our efforts will be in vain.” The minotaur growled at the realization. “Surely such a powerful follower as you can understand why thou plan is completely ridiculous!” Nightmare Moon continued to lean forward, forcing Iron Will to lean back. By now the minotaur was sweating nervously. “Now that I think of it, you appeared over worked Iron Will. Why not thou take a vacation day?”

“If that is what you wish-“

“That is an order!” Nightmare Moon shouted using the Royal Voice. Will took the moment to finally retreat. “While the rest of us…” The alicorn turned to the Thunder Rangers. “Shall put our heads together to see what plan we can come up with, won’t we?” The alicorn finished by letting out another evil laugh.

“We’re ready.” The thunder rangers commented, all the while Will could only glare at the bunch.

“Take a vacation? I’ll show all of you…”


In Ponyville was a large family owned farm that consisted of only one fruit known to pony-kind: Sweet Apple Acres. Sweet Apple was also where Applebloom lived with her family when her ranger duties weren’t in the way. Most days she was more than happy to help out around the farm, but as her older sister was about to find out, she was doing a great job of tearing the place up.

Applejack, the elder sister of the Apple siblings was trotting towards the barn so she could get some materials that she needed, yet when she pushed the door open to her it looked like a twister had torn its way inside the structure. Tools scattered all over the ground, animal feed was thrown left and right and various other forms of debris littered the barn.

“What in lan sakes is goin’ on in here?” Applejack asked loudly, startling the younger pony who was currently under a overturn wagon. Hitting her head on the wagon, Applebloom finally peaked up.

“Howdy Applejack.” The yellow ranger groaned, rubbing her head.

“Ya’ll understand the idea of cleanin’ right?” The older mare asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Ah know, ah’m sorry. It’s just ah lost my saddlebag, and ah can’t even think bout anything else til ah find it.” Applejack chuckled at her sister, helping the younger mare back on her hooves.

“You’ll find it sugarcube, now go on and enjoy the day.” Applejack shooed her younger sibling out of the barn, shutting the door behind her so she could get to work cleaning the large mess.


Sweetie Belle watched on as Scootaloo built up more speed on her scooter before taking to the air, grinding along the rail before landing perfectly. The pegasus mare then came off a small ramp to grind the same rail the other way, landing that as well.

“There’s Applebloom.” Sweetie noted, seeing the earth pony trot up, deep in though. Scootaloo twisted her scooter around, landing in front of the two.

“Any luck?”

“No, none at all.” The southern mare reported.

“Well, think. Where else have you been?” Sweetie asked. Applebloom thought long and hard, before smacking herself in the head with a spare hoof.

“The track, of course!” Before the mare could gallop off, to their surprise the three morphers began beeping. Taking a glance around to make sure nopony
else was around, Scootaloo pressed the button on her morpher.

“Go for Scootaloo.”

“Girls, me and Spike are tracking a weird energy reading at the quarry.” Twilight’s voice came out from the little speakers on their morphers.

“Putties?”

“We don’t think so, but it would be best if you three rangered up.”

“We’re on it Twi.” Scootaloo calmly placed her scooter off to the side as Sweetie and Applebloom checked their surroundings to make sure nopony would see what they were about to do.

“All clear Scootaloo.”

“Ready?” The pegasus mare asked her friends as they lined up next to her.

“Ready!” In a flash their morphers were ready.

“Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!” The morphing vortex formed around the three, with their ranger outfits snapping over their bodies before once more the visors closed on their helmets.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Earth!”

“Power of Water!”


With their ranger powers the three Element Storm Rangers were able to make it to the Ponyville Quarry in less than ten seconds flat, but once they arrived something felt very wrong.

“You guys see anything?”

“It’s all clear Scootaloo.” The red ranger pushed a button on her morpher.

“Spike? Twilight? This place is pretty much deserted. There is nothing here.” The ranger reported.

“We’re detecting a heat ready from the Wonderbolt’s Satellite. It’s usually right on about this.” Spike reported. The three rangers were too distracted to realize the cause of the alarm was now standing right above them on the cliff face.

“You ready? Let’s do this!”

“Goodbye Rangers!”

Scootaloo thought she heard something, but when she turned two blast of lightning struck the ground next to her and her friends, making a rather large explosion that knocked them off their hooves.

“Note to self…..never doubt Spike.” Scootaloo moaned.

“You girls ok?” Twilight asked concerned over the communicator. The three teenage mares slowly sat up, pausing when they spotted two crouched figures mere feet from them.

“Spike? Twilight? You seeing this?” Sweetie asked as the two figures slowly rose to their hooves, facing away from the three. At Element Ops Spike and Twilight could see through a video feed on the three ranger helmets, and much to his surprise Spike saw Twilight’s jaw open wide.

“No…..that’s not possible.” The two figures in front of the three were clad in gold shoulder gauntlets on their front shoulders, a red staff hanging across their backs. The only difference between the two was one was Crimson Red, the other was Navy Blue.

“Who are you?” Scootaloo finally asked.

“What’s with the attitude?” Sweetie asked as the three finally made it to their hooves. The two rangers merely stood there in silence.

“Hello? Anypony in there?” Applebloom asked.

“Obviously you didn’t get the memo.” The crimson ranger finally spoke, turning to address the three.

“Old rangers out, new rangers in.” The navy ranger said. Both of their voices were being altered to hide their identities.

“What? You expect us to fight you?” Applebloom asked.

“We’re not giving you a choice.” Before the three could react the two new rangers took off in an alarming speed, faster than the three rangers could react two. Repeatedly the three felt themselves being struck by the staffs on the new rangers back, causing sparks to go flying off them as they yelled out in pain, before finally collapsing as the two rangers merely watched.

“I don’t think they’re in a talking mood.”

“I vote for kicking their wannabe butts!” Sweetie groaned.

“Right with ya.” The three finally made it back up to their hooves.

“Didn’t anypony teach you to play nice?” Scootaloo asked, pulling out her Element Blade before taking to the air, gliding along right at the two.

“We don’t do nice.” The navy ranger calmly said, before taking to the air was well, surprising Scootaloo by drop kicking her out of the air, and sending her flying into a large rock.

“That was brutal….” The red ranger groaned as her friends appeared to take on the Crimson Ranger. The new ranger would merely pushed one out of the way to fight the other, and when the second would return the ranger to send their attack to their partner. Once it had the situation under control it flipped Applebloom to the ground, and held its staff to her neck. “Hold on Bloom!” Scootaloo scurried to her hooves and ran to help her friends.

“What for? Thunderstaff Megapower!” The navy ranger called, extending the weapon on its back, and once the three rangers looked at it the staff was striking all three in the chest, knocking them down once more with sparks.

“They got sticks….” Scootaloo groaned.

“Really big sticks….” Sweetie commented.

“You three want an idea?” The crimson ranger asked. “How about give up?”

Trust us; it will be much less painful that way.” The navy ranger said. From behind her helmet Scootaloo smirked.

“Oh I get it! This is some training thing.”

“Ok Spike, you got us.” Sweetie laughed.

“Uhhh, ah think they’re for real.” Applebloom said, until much to their surprise the two rangers held a hoof up before vanishing in a flash of light.

“What the…..where’d they go?” The Pegasus asked confused.

“Far away if we’re lucky.”


The three rangers had questions, and unfortunately for Twilight back at Element Ops she was the one they were directly the questions at. The mare could only attempt to listen as question after question was fired at her, and to make it worse it was all at once.

“Twilight who were those two?”

“I thought we were the only rangers in Equestria?”

“Why were they trying to destroy us?”

“Does Nightmare Moon have anything to do with this?”

“What do we do if they come back?” Twilight finally had enough and let out a loud whistle.

“One at a time! Thank you.” The older mare said, relieved she could hear her own thoughts.

“Twilight who were those guys?” Scootaloo asked first.

“I have Spike looking into that, but for the moment all we know is that they fight in the style of the Thunder Academy.” The three rangers shared a look.

“Thunder Academy?”

“Celestia had several schools all over Equestria.” Spike spoke from several books. “And most of the time they were kept a secret from each other, mostly to keep the schools from bickering.” Spike flipped through several pages before slamming the book. “I’m afraid the books aren’t telling me anything.”

“But ah thought Nightmare Moon captured all of the other schools.” Applebloom noted.

“Could she have turned them against us? You know, fight fire with fire.” Sweetie suggested, going over a few theories in her head.

“I don’t think so Sweetie Belle. Their fire came from deep within.” The older mare explained. “Not even Nightmare Moon can be driving them to attack with such passion.”

“Look, ah don’t really care what their problem is. All ah know is they almost smoked us!”

“But they didn’t.” Scootaloo said, cutting her friend off before turning back to Twilight. “And I wanna know why.”


“What I wouldn’t give to see the looks on their faces right now.”

“We got them running scared.” On board Nightmare Moon’s vessel the two Thunder Rangers were mighty pleased with themselves after the beating they put on the three down below. “This is gonna be easier than we thought.” As the two trotted along, Iron Will turned the corner and right into their path.

“Yo, Will! What up dog?” The navy ranger taunted. The minotaur growled in annoyance.

“Out of my way Ranger.” But with every step the ranger kept in front of the loyal follower.

“You know, if you wanna dance at least put on some music.” The ranger taunted again, patting Will on the shoulder. The minotaur pushed the hoof aside.

“Why didn’t you destroy the rangers while you had the chance?!”

“You familiar with the term ‘Need to Know Basis’?” The crimson ranger asked, looking the minotaur dead in the eye. “It means we know, and we don’t have to tell you anything.”

“But don’t worry, we’ll call if we change our minds…..or if we need somepony to carry our bags.” The navy ranger was really getting on Will’s nerves.

“You insolent, disrespectful upstart!” Will finally had enough, throwing a large fist at the ranger. The navy ranger merely dodged the first punch, before catching the second one.

“Hey! Ever considered anger management therapy?” The crimson ranger pulled back Will’s fist. “This is going nowhere. We’re supposed to be on the same team.”

“For the time being….” Will growled, reluctantly moving aside for the two Thunder Rangers. The two trotted past the seething minotaur. Once the two were out of hearing range Iron Will closed his fist tight. “I’ll show you two how it’s done.” Deciding that destroying the rangers would be worth disobeying orders, the minotaur used a teleporter to make his way down to the ground.


“Hey ladies we got a signal here!” Spike reported from the computer. “Somethings at the quarry again….always the quarry. What? Is a monster con over there?” Twilight and the three rangers looked at the live video feed.

“Isn’t that one of Nightmare Moon’s follower?”

“The minotaur known as Iron Will.” Twilight reported from memory. “He’ll be a tough foe to take on. Think you three can handle it?”

“It could be a trap for all we know.” Spike noted.

“We’ll be careful.”

“We always are.” Scootaloo joked as the three lined up. “Ready?”

“Ready!” In a flash their morphers were ready once more.

“Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!” The morphing vortex formed around the three, with their ranger outfits snapping over their bodies before once more the visors closed on their helmets.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Earth!”

“Power of Water!”


At the quarry Iron Will waited patiently for his targets. They had to know he was here, it would only be a matter of time before he would defeat the rangers once and for all. His ears perked when the wind rushed by him as the three rangers landed shortly behind him.

“Nightmare Moon running out of good looking monsters?” Scootaloo taunted, sizing up the minotaur.

“If you want something done right, you do it yourself!” Will pulled out his two massive blades of steel, crossing them to form a large X. “Rangers, come meet your destiny.”

“Element Blades!” The three rangers called, pulling their weapons of choice. It then became a standoff with both sides circling the other, waiting for one side to make the first move.

“Bring it on!”

“You got it!” Scootaloo said, twirling her blade as all three rangers took to the air in a front flip, bringing all three blades down only for Iron Will to block with one of his large swords. Pushing the three back he then struck the rangers with both swords, knocking all three down in a shower of sparks.

“Ok, good idea, bad results!” Applebloom groaned.

“I am so sick of Pony Rangers!” Will shouted as he stalked closer. “Rangers! Rangers! Rangers! That’s all I ever hear anymore!” Letting out a battle cry, Scootaloo got back onto her hooves and charged the minotaur. Will caught the attack with one blade, swinging over the second back. Scootaloo had to duck quickly as her blade became entangled in his. Pulling loose Will jabbed his elbow into the red ranger’s chest, knocking her back as Sweetie and Applebloom helped her up.

“This will teach you to show me some respect!” Swiping his two swords, Iron Will fired several energy charges at the three, knocking them through the air in a large fireball explosion. “And now to finish what those two started!” From up above however Will’s leader was looking on, disapproving of her follower’s actions highly.

“I ask for one simple thing….then I turn my back….and it’s total anarchy!” She shouted using the royal voice, before aiming out at the planet and firing an energy beam. Before Will could finish his attack he found himself frozen as the beam caught him.

“No! Wait!” He screamed as he vanished in a flash of light. The rangers finally pulled themselves up.

“Just what do they want from us?” Sweetie asked looking directly into the sky. All three were caught off guard as miniature explosions when off around them.

“What the?!”Scootaloo looked in the direction the explosions came from. Her heart sunk at the sight of The Thunder Rangers calmly trotting in their direction. “Uh oh girls.” She warned as the two stopped.

“Recognize these?” The crimson ranger asked as the two threw two energy spheres at the ground. After several charges of electricity and a flash of light the three rangers couldn’t believe their eyes. In front of them were dirt bikes….and they looked awfully familiar.

“No way….” Scootaloo said in disbelief. At Element Ops Spike was beside himself.

“They…..those are MY tsunami cycles!” The drake shouted.

“We made a few improvements to them.” The crimson ranger said as he and the navy ranger mounted the cycles. “Ready to ride?”

“Let’s show these posers how its done!” The navy ranger said as the two hit the throttle, speeding off towards Scootaloo and her friends. Before the three could react the two rangers fired at them crimson and navy electric bolts from the cycles themselves, sending the three flying down into the lower parts of the quarry.

Scootaloo quickly got back onto her hooves as the Thunder Rangers drove off in their direction.

“Ready for another lap?” The crimson ranger taunted as he drifted around. Both thunder rangers revved forward before pulling their front wheels up and striking all three in the helmets. Applebloom slid along the ground, seeing stars in her vision. “Nice face plant!” The crimson ranger taunted. Scootaloo and Sweetie groaned as they pulled themselves up, changing their Element Blades into blasters, firing at the crimson ranger. Yet to their horror the ranger merely shrugged it off, firing another electric bolt, knocking the two down painfully once more.

The three rangers quickly regrouped as the two came revving back at them.

“Thunder Energy Blast! Fire!” Both rangers called as their cycles sped forwards, leaving a trail of flames in their wake. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were violently scattered apart as the thunder rangers sped by, leaving a massive fireball in their wake before skidding to a stop.

Scootaloo struggled to pull herself up as the two looked back.

“You smell something burning?” The navy ranger asked.

“Hey, anypony feel like s’mores?” The crimson ranger taunted as the three rangers finally got back onto their hooves, groaning in pain.

“I can’t believe they got Spike’s disc!”

“But how? Who are these guys?” Scootaloo groaned. The thunder rangers finally dismounted off the two cycles.

“This is so easy it’s almost boring.” The navy ranger spoke. “I thought at least they would put up a fight.”

“They never could compete with the Thunder Academy. You and that pony teaching you are lame and pathetic!” The crimson ranger taunted. At Element Ops Spike turned to Twilight.

“Do you hear what they’re saying about you?” The drake asked.

“Yes Spike, but their words don’t worry me in the slightest.” Twilight responded. At the quarry much to their confusion the thunder rangers pulled out their morphers.

“It’s time to finish what we started.” The crimson ranger spoke. “Crimson Thunder Power!”

“Navy Thunder Power!”

“Sky of Wonder!”

“Power of Thunder!” Both rangers held their morphers in the air as bolts of lightning struck the ground repeatedly around them, causing pillars of smoke and flames to erupt. Yet the two stood there unfazed by it.

“That doesn’t look good.” Sweetie said, highly worried at the moment.

“Crimson Insectizoid!” The three rangers felt the ground shake violently when out from the mountain in the distance a large zord barreled right out from the heart of it, scattering chunks of dirt and rock everywhere. The Insectizoid shared the same color scheme as its operator, but unlike the three zords Scootaloo and her friends used this one moved like a fast tank.

“Navy Beetle Zord!” Instead of this zord coming from the heart of a mountain like the one before it this one got massive air by jumping over the mountain entirely. Sharing the same color as the Navy Thunder Ranger this zord ran on six massive off road wheels while a large pincher head sat at the front.

“You gotta be kidding me!”

“They got zords?!

“This is getting ridiculous!”

“Later!” The crimson ranger called as he and his partner took off with their speed, running alongside their respective zords before taking to the air, landing inside the cockpits. Once seated, the rangers moved a guiding system from the side, looking right into it and at their targets. “Once this is over we’ll be the last rangers in all of Equestria! So let’s stay focus!” The ranger pulled the shift back, moving full speed at the three rangers below.

“Beetle Zord’s rough and ready to go!” Scootaloo and her friends didn’t stand a chance against these two now.

“They wanna play rough?! We’ll give them rough!” Scootaloo shouted. “Spike! Hit it!” At Element Ops Spike slammed his fist down on the large button, releasing the Hawk, Lion and Dolphin Zord out into the world. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel.

“Element Zords!” The three Element Storm Rangers took the air, landing safely inside the cockpit of their zords.

“Let’s show these imposters who’s who and the zord zoo!” Scootaloo said to her team.

“Bottom of the ninth girls! It’s now or never!”

“Ah’m thinking…….now!” This was gonna be the first zord on zord battle the rangers would ever encounter, but if the Thunder Rangers were on the other side this was not gonna be an easy fight to win.

“Here they come. Defense formation.” The crimson ranger ordered. “Engage!” The two zords drifted in opposite directions.

“Let’s bring the heat girls! Hawk Zord, Flame Attack!” The exterior of the red zord engulfed in flames, resembling that of a phoenix more than a hawk. Scootaloo aimed the flaming zord right at the Insectizoid, shaking it with a few fireballs before engulfing it in a cyclone of fire. “Toasty enough for you?” Much to the red ranger’s surprise the crimson zord rolled up and out of the fire.

“Prepare to activate weaponry!” The zord aimed it’s large guns and gantlets at the hawk zord. “Activate!” The zord began firing shot after shot at Scootaloo and her zord. Even though she tried her hardest to out maneuver the shots, the large explosions around her were too much.

“I’m hit! I’m hit! Ahhhh!” Scootaloo screamed out.

“Scootaloo!!!” Sweetie called as the Navy zord got air again, latching its large pinchers over Applebloom’s zord.

“What’s with the bugs?! Ah’m gonna hit it with a blow dryer! Tornado Blast!” The Lion Zord spun its metallic mane at a high speed, whipping up a large gust of wind and dirt. The navy ranger could only hold on as his zord flipped end over end. Applebloom had finally landed a shot on the Thunder Rangers. “Ah’m gonna squash this bug!” The Lion Zord then began taking its large steps towards the flipped over beetle, but the Navy Ranger had a trick up their sleeve.

“Cloaking device, engage!” As Applebloom brought the foot of the Lion Zord down, the Navy Thunder Ranger and their zord seemingly vanished into thin air.

“What the—where did he go?”

“I can’t find him anywhere on my scanners!” Sweetie said, failing to notice a figure moving behind the Dolphin Zord. The Beetle Zord shimmer back to being visible, firing its massive claws and taking hold of Sweetie Belle and her zord. “He’s got me!” The ranger cried out as she was shaken violently in her cockpit.

“Hey! Hooves off the fish!” Applebloom yelled out as the Dolphin Zord was circled around in the air like a lasso.

“Let go of me you dumb bug!” Sweetie threatened. All the while at Element Ops Twilight and Spike could only watch on helplessly as their rangers were being thrown around like rag dolls.

“Get the next power sphere ready Spike.”

“Right on it.” The drake said, typing away furiously. After several more spins in the air Sweetie was finally let go, flying through the air and crashing down next to her friends.

“You alright?”

“I’m fine.”

“Let’s bust out the Megazord on these punks!” Scootaloo said fiercely.

“Form the Megazord now!” The three rangers said at once. “Megazord Formation!” Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head.

“Finally, a little something from the has-beens.” The crimson ranger noted.

“Let’s turn them into never-weres.”

“Thunder Megazord!” The two thunder zords drove towards each other before taking to the air in a cyclone formation. Blast of lightning came flying off as the Beetle Zord shifted, forming the lower half of the machine. The claw that made up the head latched itself to the Insectizoid as it shifted to form the top half. Both halves finally formed, connecting as the threads from the Insectizoid revved up, now making both arms.

“Thunder Megazord Power Up!”

“What?! That’s impossible!” Scootaloo shouted in disbelief.

“These guys are working on my last nerve!” Sweetie said, agreeing with the red ranger. Both Megazord stomped towards each other, both taking hold of the other until the Thunder Megazord threw its arms up, opening a chance to land several jabs to the Wind Megazord, connecting with several kicks as well. With each attack sparks flew about, shaking up the Element Storm Rangers violently.

“You gals thinking what ah’m thinking?” Applebloom asked as she removed her disc from her morpher. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle followed suit, inserting the disc into the power drive.

“Serpent Sword! Lock and drop!” Turning the handle, the chest of the Megazord opened up as the Power Sphere came spinning out. The small red dragon zord within the sphere shifted until it formed the trusted blade of the Element Storm Megazord.

“Let’s see how these clones handle this!” Scootaloo said confident. The Megazord charged forward, striking the Thunder Megazord with the blade several times. But despite the sparks they were making, the Thunder Megazord remained unmoving. “This isn’t working! What else can we do?” On the last strike to the surprise of the rangers the enemy Megazord caught the blade.

“Give up yet?” The navy ranger asked as the Megazord forced the sword lower and lower to the ground. Unable to fight back, the Element Storm Megazord took a leg sweep that flipped it into the air and flat onto it’s back.

“Spike! You better have something in the works here!” Applebloom said to Element Ops as the Megazord climbed back onto its feet.

“Give, give, give. That’s all I do.” The teenage dragon muttered.

“Spike!” Twilight scolded.

“Fine, Power Sphere Number 4 on the way!” Spike slammed his fist on the button. On the dash in front of Scootaloo she could see the disc forming in front of her.

“Thanks Spike, just in time.” As Scootaloo reached for the disc, to her utter horror it shrunk, before disappearing all together. “What?! Where’d it go?!”

“Interception at the goal line!” The crimson ranger taunted. As the disc was being sent to the rangers, the two thunder rangers were able to take the disc for themselves. “And the Thunders are running it back for a touchdown!” The crimson ranger calmly slid the disc into the slot next to him. “Activate Power Sphere now! Lock, and drop!” The chest of the Thunder Megazord opened up as a gold and black sphere came spinning out, opening to form a ninja star on an axe handle like zord.

Twilight and Spike back at Element Ops could only watch on in horror as the two Thunder Rangers charged the blade up, striking Scootaloo and her friends with a powerful attack. The Element Storm Megazord shook wildly as sparks scattered everywhere. Charging forward the two rangers struck several more times, each attack weakening the Megazord even more, until it was down on one knee.

“He’s at the 50….the 40…..the 30!” The star spun rapidly until it glowed, charged with the raw power of thunder. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked on helplessly as the blade was lifted, then brought down directly on to them. The Megazord began crackling with electric bolts as within each cockpit the three rangers were showered with sparks.

“Girls!!” Twilight screamed as the Megazord leaned, before collapsing, exploding into a small fireball.

“They’re down!!!” Spike reported as he slammed the button several times, not getting the help he needed. The elder unicorn took the microphone.

“Girls! Girls get up!” Twilight screamed, not getting a response back from the three rangers as fire circled around the down Megazord.

“And now for a little touchdown dance on their heads.” The crimson ranger taunted.

“We’ve knocked out their zords, that’s enough…” The navy ranger argued, actually showing mercy for the three fallen rangers. “For now.” The Thunder Megazord then turned, beginning to walk off into the distance as the Element Storm Megazord sparked wildly.

“Come in Scootaloo.” Spike said into the communicator. “Scootaloo? Sweetie Belle? Applebloom! Pick up!” Within the wreckage of the Megazord Scootaloo slowly came to her senses. The visor to her helmet had been knocked open. Wires and metal beams scattered around her she looked on weakly as Sweetie Belle struggled to pull herself back into her seat. Applebloom struggled to wake up as a metal beam laid onto her back with its heavy weight.

“Girls! Pick up!” Spike and Twilight frantically tried to get some sign of life, while up above on Nightmare Moon’s vessel the alicorn of the night could not be more happy on how everything had turned out.

“Round one is in the books.” The alicorn said to her followers.” With their zords out of the way, it’s only a matter of time!” Nightmare Moon broke out into a laughter that echoed the vessel as she looked down at the rangers. For the first time, they had been defeated……


TO BE CONTINUED.......