• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,561 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,561

Return of Thunder Part 4

It would be a few extra days but most ponies in Equestria were finally able to move past the recent big freeze. While the weather ponies of Cloudsdale were unable to explain just what had caused it, or why it disappeared as quickly as it came, most ponies were more than glad to put it behind them and move on. Carts were back on the streets of Ponyville selling their products, young colts and fillies were enjoying the great summer days they would have in their foalhoods, and life in general was back to normal. One business that was happy to be back to normal was ran by a white unicorn mare, who was currently watching two teenage stallions carry large boxes inside.

"This is the last of the new fabric Rarity." Rumble groaned under the weight of the heavy box, his brother not faring much better. Rarity looked on pleased.

"And in record time boys. Simply take them to the back, I'll sort them later." The fashion ponies said to her two employees. "Keep up the great work you two." The two rangers struggled to make the trip to the back room, relieved to finally drop the boxes down.

"Give me a monster any day." Button joked, earning a slug from his brother. The two stallions trotted out to see two of their friends trotting in.

"Enjoying the work force guys?" Sweetie asked as the two sides exchanged hoof bumps.

"Delivery day aside its a cool gig." Rumble smirked.

"Thanks for the hookup Sweetie."

"What does Rarity make you do anyway?" Applebloom asked.

"Just move stuff around and take orders." The earth pony stallion explained. "But hey we get plenty of freedom, we owe you one."

"You know if you boys wanna make up for me getting you a job I know how." Sweetie said, hoping the two had made a decision. The four looked to see if Rarity was around before continuing.

"If you're talking about morphers and Megazords we're still thinking about it." Rumble admitted., deflating the two mares a bit.

"Ah know the whole librarian being your mentor thing and working under a tree thing is a bit to take in but once you get past all that its not out of the norm for us." Applebloom said, making it sound simple. Rumble scoffed with a smirk on his face.

"What planet is that not out of the norm?"

"Look girls, its nothing to do with Twilight." Button explained. "We're grateful she's forgiven us fully for trying to destroy her....but this is a huge decision for us. But we wont keep you girls hanging, alright?" The two mares begrudgingly nodded.

"Alright."

"Alright we'll see you later." Rumble nodded before the two rangers trotted out the door.

"Yall still up for riding later?" Applebloom asked before they left.

"After work Bloom. Meet us at the beach."

"Later then." The mares watched the two stallions trot out the door to continue their work, hoping the two would make the right decision.


As the two stallions questioned their eventual decision miles above the planet the large midnight black vessel that harbored the rangers enemies floated lazily by. The ruler of the vessel was trotting about, noting something was off to her.

"Iron Will! Gilda! Comeforth at once!" Nightmare Moon commanded. The remaining two followers came from their locations on the vessel and stood before their ruler. "Why does it seem so...quiet?"

"Maybe because you banished the washout magician." Gilda said rolling her eyes.

"Why does that sound familiar?"

"She means Trixie your highness." The minotaur explained.

"Did I not wipe her from existence?"

"No your highness you banished her to Equestria." The griffon said, rolling her eyes.

"I should have destroyed her while I had the chance. Not doing that usually comes back to haunt me." The alicorn said before taking her place on her throne. To their surprise the moment she sat her flank down the alarms began going off around them. "What is the meaning of this foolishness?" The alicorn shouted using the voice.

"We have a an intruder in the scroll room!" Iron Will said, pulling out his two large swords.

"Deal with them at once!" The minotaur stormed off towards the scroll room, where the alicorn of the night kept her most dangerous scrolls. While it was tempting to use them on their enemies the scrolls were simply too powerful to control, even for Nightmare Moon. As he got closer he heard a familiar voice coming from within.

"Come to mama...banish me will they? With this Trixie will finally get some respect around her!"

"Unhand the scroll Trixie!" Will barged into the room and found to his surprise Trixie with a large scroll floating with her magic.

"Why don't you make me?"

"Her majesty will not show you mercy a second time! Come with me at once!" The minotaur slashed with his swords only for the unicorn to dodge the attack.

"Trixie would love to Iron Will but she has plans, BIG plans! See you later!" With a puff of smoke the unicorn vanished before the still loyal follower of Nightmare Moon.

"You will pay for this Trixie!" Iron Will growled


At Element Ops Spike and Twilight were having a field day. While the two still hadnt come to a decision on what to do the Thunder Rangers had provided the two full schematics to their megazord. At the moment while the two were seeing what made it tick Sweetie was watching on behind them while Scootaloo was practicing her scooter tricks right on the floor.

"I'm confused. Was there a sign that said scooter park outside the secret entrance?" Spike asked, sending the pegasus mare a dirty look.

"Sorry Spike." Sweetie giggled at her friends expense. The teenage drake turned back to the monitor.

"Somepony knew what they were doing when they built this. The technology is amazing." Spike complemented.

"Don't drool over it." Scootaloo teased, getting a smirk out of the drake.

"Now all we need is somepony to drive them." Sweetie noted. The group knew there were only two ponies who could.

"Rumble and Button Mash have to follow their own path, whatever that path may be. We can't force them into this." Twilight said.

"But it would be nice to have some extra hooves against Nightmare Moon." Scootaloo said. The monitor began beeping with Spike looking on confused.

"That's weird."

"What? Finally find something you cant figure out?" Scootaloo teased.

"No. I've scanned the Thunder Megazord for damage and I found this non functional retrofit."

"Can you repeat that in Ponish?" Sweetie asked.

"It means one piece doesnt have a purpose, but its important to the overall structure to the Megazord. I would love to know what the deal is?"

"Would that count as not knowing what it is?" Scootaloo teased again. Spike rolled his eyes and pushed the mare away.


Two riders in Crimson and Navy riding gear shredded off the dunes of the Ponyville Beach, gaining some air that impressed the two. The two riders kept trading the lead back and forth with one riding skimming the waves of the water on the outskirts of town. Button and Rumble were having the times of their life at the moment as they came skidding to a stop, sending sand flying through the air.

"Woo! I can definitely chill here for a while Rumble!" Button panted, pleased with the riding choice.

"So thats a vote for staying?" Rumble asked. The earth pony looked at him before looking back out towards the water.

"I mean it seems like after everything we've been through it would be nice to just find a place to settle. Almost as if theres a reason for it." The pegasus slugged his brother in the shoulder.

"Don't go all zen on me." The crimson ranger teased.

"And you know the others want us to stay."

"Are you just saying that cause you have a thing for Sweetie?" Rumble teased again, getting a slug in the shoulder from his brother.

"You're one to talk. Don't think I don't notice how you look at Scootaloo sometimes." Button teased back.

"Alright alright so I like her. Wanna tell all of Equestria?" The pegasus admitted, getting a smirk out of the earth pony. "So have we made up our minds?"

"We both know its the right thing to do." Button reasoned. The two brothers looked at each other in thought when the arrival of another pony caught their attentions, and that wasnt a good thing.

"To ranger, or not to ranger? What a stupid question." Trixie scoffed as she appeared almost from thin air.

"You know its rude to break in during a private conversation?" Rumble asked.

"What do you want anyway?" Button asked, fed up with the unicorn in front of them. Trixie put on a mock look of surprise while placing a hoof on her chest.

"What does Trixie want? She thought nopony would ever ask! Trixie wants revenge on Nightmare Moon from banishing her from her presence! She wants revenge on the most insufferable pony thats ever crossed my path, Twilight Sparkle, for ruining her career! She wants revenge on those oh so annoying mares you two losers pine for, and most of all Trixie wants revenge against the two of you!!!!" Trixie charged up a powerful magic strike and fired directly at the two. The rangers were barely able to dodge the attack, but their bikes were so fortunate as the attack caused both to explode in a large fireball. Rumble's blood began boiling as he watched their bikes burn and smoke.

"Now you've done it!" The two brother regrouped, not taking their eyes off the mare before they had morphers ready to go.

"Thunder Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!" Lifting their morphers, then two slammed a button on the underside. Their gold gauntlets latched to their forehooves and shoulders as their helmets launched into the air. When the two helmets latched perfectly to the two stallions the rest of their ranger form appeared as they let out a charge of crimson and navy lightning into the sky.

“Power of Thunder!” The two brothers took a fighting stance, but something struck them as odd. Trixie didnt look nervous at all.

"And for my first trick, allow Trixie to give you a hoof!" The unicorn then took off her hat and pointed the opening at the two stallions. Before the two could react streams of energy shot out and latched around the two while air was beginning to be sucked in. The two rangers struggled in vain as they were dragged right into Trixie's hat, ending when the pleased magician put her hat back on top of her head. "Two Thunder Rangers on ice. Who's the evil mare now?" The mare asked herself as she began cackling madly.


Nightmare Moon patience was growing thin as she waited for Iron Will to return from and breakin and report just what was going on. Tapping her hoof impatiently the minotaur finally arrived.

"Your highness we have a situation." Will reported. "The banished Trixie remained on board long enough to make off with a scroll."

"What ever happened to thee having good news and bad news?" The alicorn groaned.

"Should I send the putties out after her?"

"No." Will raised an eyebrow at the answer. "If, and only if, she somehow defeats the rangers Trixie will be doing us a favor. And if the rangers defeat Trixie then they will be doing us a favor. Let them thin the herd so to speak." Nightmare Moon said with an evil smirk.


Trixie trotted deep into the one place where she thought she wouldn't be bothered by anypony: the Everfree Forest. The mare trotted on until she came to a small clearly that satsified her needs. Trixie sat on her flank and closed her eyes as she began to meditate.

"Dark spirits of the Everfree...give me your powers!" The mare began tapping her hat. "Thats right my pretty, don't go anywhere." Inside the hat Rumble and Button Mash took in their surroundings as purple fog hovered around them.

"Nice look." Button said cautiously. Before the two could react them felt something or somepony strike them repeatedly in such a speed they could even make eye contact. Sparks showered off the two as they collapsed on the ground before the landscape around them changed. Now they were by the river in the middle of the night with Trixie standing over them with a nasty smirk.

"Your powers are no good here Rangers." The magician taunted. "Welcome to the Land of Shadows. An alternate realm where only night exist and your greatest fears are very real. But don't worry, you'll both get use to it after a couple hundred years!" Button growled.

"Sorry but we don't plan on staying!"

"Hold up." Rumble held his brother back. "We gotta be careful here. This is her house. She has home field advantage."

"Thats oh so right little ranger. And you'll never escape! But after Trixie captures the other rangers you'll least have some company!" Rumble's blood began boiling.

"Not gonna happen!"

"You'll learn to respect the Great and Powerful Trixie or you'll suffer a fate worse than death!" Trixie moved forward with blinding speed and repeatedly struck down the helpless rangers.


Applebloom popped a wheelie on her racing bike as she tore through the sands of Ponyville Beach. She knew the stallions were right in that today was an absolute beautiful day for riding. Whenever she caught up to the brothers she would thank them for inviting her, and maybe while she was at it try to convince them again that helping them was the right thing to do in their battle with the Alicorn of the Night. What she wasnt expecting was to find the smoldering remains of their bikes scattered on the beach.

"What in tarnation?" The yellow ranger asked quietly as she pulled her helmet off. Something was very off here, and she knew it. "Girls, meet in Element Ops. We might have a problem."


"Ok while Rumble and Button Mash might not be the most reliable ponies in Equestria toasting their bikes is something they would never do." Scootaloo reasoned. The three mares had regrouped in Element Ops with Spike and Twilight while trying to make sense of what was happening.

"I smell a rat." Sweetie said.

"I think you're right girls." Twilight said grimly. "Foul play is most likely here."

"And it probably has something to do with her." Spike said from his seat at the monitor. The mares looked over his shoulders and found blue unicorn mare in the middle of the screen as a video feed caught her deep in meditation. "I'm guessing she's not there for the scenery."

"Trixie."

"Her again?"

"After their latest failure I have a feeling she isnt in Nightmare Moon's best graces at the moment, which makes her more dangerous." Twilight warned.

"She especially has something against you Twi." Applebloom pointed out. The older mare closed her eyes and sighed.

"Trixie blames me for ruining her career when she first performed in Ponyville. She won't rest until she does away with me."

"Well she's gonna have to go through us first!" Scootaloo said as her friends lined up. "Ready?"

"Ready!" In a flash their morphers were ready.

“Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!” The morphing vortex formed around the three, with their ranger outfits snapping over their bodies before once more the visors closed on their helmets, before finally assuming a fighting pose.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Earth!”

“Power of Water!”

The only thing that was gonna get the three rangers through the Everfree Forest in enough time to save the Thunder Rangers were the Tsunami Cycles. The back of the trailer housing them vehicles lowered as the red, blue and yellow bikes came peeling out. Over taking the trailer the rangers wheelied as their speed carried them away in a flash.


Trixie kept to her thoughts as within her hat she was having a fine time keeping the Thunder Rangers busy before the sounds of engines pulled her out of her meditation. As the sound got louder and closer the mare simply smirked, not at all worried.

"Right on time...." The unicorn purred. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom came skidding to a stop directly in front of Trixie. To them, she was no longer a minor annoyance, but now a serious threat.

"Where are they?!" Scootaloo yelled at Trixie. "Where are our friends?!"

"Why don't you join them? There's plenty of room inside." Trixie taunted, tapping her hat.

"Thanks but we'll pass!"

"Oh boo hoo.....boo hoo....Trixie's feelings are hurt, but not surprised. So how about some new playmates? Putty Patrol!" The unicorn ordered as the foot soldiers of Nightmare Moon appeared before the three rangers in a flash of light.

"Element Blades!" The rangers pulled their signature swords from behind them and took a battle stance.

"Attack!"

"Bring it!" The two sides charged at each other. Scootaloo began to plow through her putties, hacking and slashing away at anything that tried to attack her with each of her strikes finding their targets. Applebloom blocked several putty attacks before sweeping a few down with a leg sweep before striking upwards with her blade. Sweetie flipped over and over to avoid attacks while being skilled enough to strike mid flip. Trixie didnt look concerned as she looked on.

"The more the merrier Trixie always said!" Stomping her hoof more putties appeared around the rangers. Applebloom did her best to strike the putties down before two of them grabbed her from behind to keep her from attacking.

"Watch the suit!" The ranger warned as more putties began grabbing her. Scootaloo was pinned down under a dog pile of putties, keeping her blade up in a way to protect herself.

"I can't move!"

"I'll handle this!" Sweetie said as she summoned her signature weapon: The Sonic Fin. The mare flipped into the air before landing perfectly in a tree top. "Hey putties!" Sweetie shouted into her weapon. "Wave bye bye now!" The putties foolishly waved before the blast from the megaphone weapon vaporized them instantly, freeing Applebloom and Scootaloo.

"Good think Sweetie!"

"Whoop de doo..." Trixie said, not impressed.

"Storm Striker!" The three mares combined their signature weapons to form their final attack weapon and aimed down the sights.

"Strike this!" With her horn glowing Trixie stomped down with her hoof. Scootaloo and her friends had only a split second to move before a tree came crashing down right where they were standing.

"You girls ok?" Scootaloo asked as they took a breath of nervous air.

"Ah think so Scoot." Applebloom said as their morphers went off.

"Girls! I think I figured it out!" Spike said over the communicator. "To free the Thunder Rangers all you have to do is knock Trixie's hat off her head!"

"Thanks for the tip Spike!" Scootaloo said as the three mares flipped through the air over Trixie's next attack. "Ran-Ger-Power!" The three mares came out of their flip and brought their blades down, striking the magicians hat off in a shower of sparks.

"Not my hat!!!" Trixie screamed as energy came blowing out of the fabric, knocking her off her hooves while two crimson and navy figures came ping ponging out, landing in an open field.

"Huh?" Rumble asked in confusion. "We're back."

"That was just weird." Button commented, shaking her head in confusion.

"Hey there they are!" The two turned and saw Scootaloo and her friends galloping towards them. "You guys ok?"

"We're fine, thanks to you three." Rumble said, right before Trixie came landing before the five rangers. A little scuffed up her hat was placed firmly back on her head.

"Trixie has had about just enough of you brats and your teamwork!" The mare shouted in pure frustration. "Let's end this once and for all!!!!"

"You guys ready?" Scootaloo asked the Thunders.

"Oh yeah!"

"Element Rangers!" Scootaloo and her friends struck a fighting pose. "Hiyah!"

"Thunder Rangers! Hiyah!" Rumble and Button Mash struck a fighting pose of their own. The purpose was to throw Trixie off and trick her into attack first.

"Oh save Trixie the speech and poses!" The mare charged up a electrical attack and fired directly at the five, just as they thought she would. The ground exploded before the five from the attack but when the smoke cleared only their costumes remained. "Trixie hates it when they do that." The mare looked for the five, but couldnt see them anywhere.

"Ahhhh!" Applebloom shouted as she brought her Lion Hammer down on Trixie, bowling her over in sparks as Sweetie and Rumble came galloping forward with the mare firing off her Element Beams and the stallion firing off his Horn Breaker. Each charge met their mark as Trixie went flailing through the air, landing on her shakey hooves when Button caught her by surprise when he clamped his Navy Antler around her midsection and let off as much energy as he could muster before sending the mare flying through the air in pain.

"Is that the best you got?" Trixie groaned as she pulled herself up.

"Air Attack!" Scootaloo came flying through the air as she struck Trixie with her blade repeatedly. The unicorn groaned out as she collapsed in sparks. The five rangers regrouped, knowing they had her right where they wanted her.

"Let's do it!" Rumble said.

"Put them together guys!" Scootaloo and her friend combined their weapons while the brother combined theirs. "Storm Striker!"

"Thunder Cannon!" The two sides took aim as Trixie quickly got back onto her hooves.

"Wait!!!"

"Oh what now?" Scootaloo asked in annoyance. Trixie responded with an evil smirk.

"Trixie wants to perform a puppet show..."

"Excuse us?" Sweetie asked in confusion.

"Trixie will be the puppeteer, and you'll be her puppets!" The mare fired off several tendrils of energy that latched around the three mares in surprise. Then to the stallions shock and horror the thrashing mares were pulled all the way over to Trixie and re-aimed the Storm Striker at them.

"Hey whats going on?!"

"Ah can't move!" The three mares struggled as they were frozen in place as Trixie cackled.

"Trixie's pulling the strings now! Now do what she does..." Trixie commanded Scootaloo, motioning to firing the weapon. Scootaloo felt her hoof closing on the trigger.

"No! I won't!" The mare struggled with all her might, but this was a tough battle. Rumble looked on conflicted until he aimed his and Buttons weapon.

"Trixie is going down!"

"Rumble, if you hit the girls you could strip them of their powers." Button said to his brother, now worried for the safety of the others.

"Button we don't have any choice!"

"He has a point Navy Ranger. Either you blast them, or they'll blast you!" Trixie cackled. Scootaloo screamed out as she struggled.

"Rumble!!! Go for it!! We can't hold her off!!!"

"Can you do it?" Button asked as Rumble slowly lowered their weapon.

"....no. I can't risk it!" The pegasus tossed their weapon down onto the ground as Trixie struck them with a charge of her own, bowling the two over in a shower of sparks.

"What a shame...now time to blast your friends girls!" Trixie had the three aim the Storm Striker at the fallen rangers. Scootaloo's heart sank as she felt her hoof slowly close in on the trigger, when the six ponies heard a shout from somepony they all didn't expect.

"Let them go Trixie!" The mare in question eyes widen in anger as she slowly looked at the hill behind them. There stood Twilight Sparkle, glaring down at the group.

"You...."

"Let them go!"

"How about they blast you instead?!" The three mares were forced to take aim as Twilight slowly trotted towards them.

"Let. Them. Go." The mare ordered. Trixie growled, before to their surprise pushing the three mares to the ground.

"Trixie will deal with you personally..." The mare said, blasting the three mares and sending them colliding with the Thunder Rangers.

"So is this how far you've fallen?" Twilight questioned. "Do you know how you look?"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie has not fallen! She has risen to such a point that even Nightmare Moon can't match it!!" The magician screeched. Twilight shook her head, knowing Trixie's sanity was sinking.

"Do you hate me that badly you would go to this far? What happened to the mare I first saw in Ponyville?" Trixie's eyes shrank before she growled viciously.

"You ruined my life!!!! You had to upstage be that day that no pony, and I mean no pony, wanted anything to do with Trixie!!! I wandered Equestria looking for a purpose and Nightmare Moon gave me that purpose! All I had to do was serve her in conquering Equestria and she would give me the ability to take my revenge against you! Then you had to get those three tramps you call Element Rangers to stop us at every turn! Once I destroy all of you I will conquer Equestria on my own! AND NO PONY WILL STOP ME!!!!!" Twilight looked sadly at the mare.

"I have only one thing to say to you Trixie.....I'm sorry...." Trixie froze in her tracks.

"You dare apologize at this point-"

"You didn't let me finish." Twilight said cutting her off. "I'm sorry for what has to be done....NOW!"

"Storm Striker!"

"Thunder Cannon!" Trixie turned in shock to see the rangers had regrouped with their weapons aimed at her directly. "FIRE!" Both weapons fired off energy spheres that orbit around the other before colliding with the mare, blasting her through the air in a large fireball explosion. The five rangers galloped to Twilight as she held a sad expression.

"Thanks for the help Twilight." Rumble said.

"Sorry we had to do this." Scootaloo apologized. The unicorn only looked away before the five turned to trot off when a figure moved.

"Where do you think....you're going? Trixie....isn't done yet!!!" To their horror the mare with burnt patches to her mane, tail, cloak and hat slowly rose to her hooves. "And the greatest magician always saves her best tricks for last!" Laughly madly to herself she pulled out the scroll she had stolen from Nightmare Moon's Vessel. "Scroll of Empowerment!!!" Trixie threw the scroll into the air as it unrolled with mythical text appearing before the six. Then to their surprise and horror Trixe began to slowly grow in massive size. "And ponies said Trixie would never make it big!!!"

"Twilight you might wanna get outta here." Scootaloo warned as the mare teleported away to Element Ops. "Spike! We need the Megazords!"

"They're on their way.....now if I could just figure what this part does?" The drake questioned as he slammed the large button down. From the hillside a large navy color zord ramped over and into their view. The hill collapsed as the Crimson Insectizoid came driving right through it. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel.

"Lets go guys!" The five rangers took to the air and each landed perfectly in their respective cockpits. "Element Megazord Online!" Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head.

"Thunder Megazord Formation!" The two thunder zords drove towards each other before taking to the air in a cyclone formation. Blast of lightning came flying off as the Beetle Zord shifted, forming the lower half of the machine. The claw that made up the head latched itself to the Insectizoid as it shifted to form the top half. Both halves finally formed, connecting as the threads from the Insectizoid revved up, now making both arms.

"Things are about to get a bit sticky for you rangers!" Trixie galloped forward as the Thunder Megazord charged up a Lightning Punch, but to their surprise Trixie caught it and landed a hard kick that knocked the Megazord Over. The large mare raised her hoof only to be blasted by the Element Megazord with their Lion Blaster. Even a strike from the Serpent Sword didnt faze Trixie.

"Any ideas?" Scootaloo asked the fallen rangers.

"I got one!" Button said as he put a power disc in place. "Locked, and dropped!" The power sphere weapon opened and formed their Spin Blade Weapon. The Megazord got back onto its large feet as the two structures surrounded the mare.

"How about a little spin?!" Trixie cackled as she began spinning rapidly in place and striking the two Megazords with her hat and shaking the rangers violently as they both went crashing down. From Element Ops Spike and Twilight looked on helplessly as the drake continued to try to figure out the mystery piece.

"It has to do something..." The Element Megazord got back up and charged the mare in combat.

"Sweetie! You know the drill!"

"Oh yeah! Power Disc! Locked and dropped!" The power sphere opened for a attachment to their lion blaster, forming a little gatling blaster. "Fire!"

"Bring it on!!!" Even with the added strength from the Lion Zord that helped form the Megazord Trixie was able to catch each energy charge in her hat and send them flying back and exploding on the Megazord that began to smoke with damage. The Thunder Megazord regrouped with the others as a column of flames came firing out of Trixie's hat, knocking both Megazords over violently. Spike was beginning to run out of ideas to help the others when the monitor began beeping. The scans had come up positively for the mystery piece.

"I know what it does!" The drake shouted in excitement, rapidly typing in a command. "Rangers! That mystery piece I've been talking about? I've figured out what it does! Check this out!" The drake slammed the button down, sending a brand new power disc to both Scootaloo and Rumble.

"Thanks Spike, but how about filling us in on the big secret?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah, whats it do?" Rumble asked as he looked over the new disc.

"You have to activate those at the same time to form the Mini Zord. And it comes with a surprise!" Spike said with a smirk.

"You ready Rumble?"

"Let's do this!" Trixie frowned as both Megazords climbed back on their large feet.

"Back for more huh?"

"Power Disc!" Both Rumble and Scootaloo called out. "Locked, and dropped!" Both megazords opened up as two similar spheres began circling each other. One sphere was gold while the other was silver. Both spheres opened up as two halves of a smaller zord fused together. The zord, a dark blue color with a crescent moon on its chest hovered over the battle.

"Whoa..." The fives rangers each said in amazement.

"I am Mini Zord!" The zord called out as the rangers looked on from their cockpits. "Thunder Megazord!" It pointed at the stallions. "And Element Megazord!" It pointed at the mares. "Combine!"

"Let's do it everypony!" Scootaloo called as the head of their megazord rose off as its arms folded before the whole body turned around in place with the head of the Lion Zord latching onto the chest with its mane spinning in place. The chest of the Thunder Megazord opened as the Megazord itself split down the middle as pieces rearranged themselves to form the new arms. The Element Megazord drifted into the middle as the arms and feet clamped into place before the Mini Zord itself folded into the new head piece and hands. The Dolphin Zord and Insectizoid heads clamped onto the new Megazord's shoulders as both heads opened up to form gatling cannons on the shoulders. The fists clashed together as a charge of energy exploded around the megazord as the ground around it altered.

"Thunderstorm Megazord Online!!!" The five rangers called out. Spike was pumping the air and he and Twilight looked on from Element Ops in amazement. It was time for the forces of the Elements and Thunder to unite as one team.

"How do you like us now Trixie?!" Scootaloo taunted from the head while the others controlled the arms and legs respectively.

"The bigger you are the harder to fall!" Trixie cackled before firing off energy charges that bounced off the Megazord without even making a dent. Trixie growled as she launched her hat that the Rangers effortlessly caught, and vaporished before the mare. "My hat!!!"

"Aw don't cry!" Sweetie said.

"Your mama will make a new one!" Applebloom taunted.

"Ready Rumble?" Scootaloo asked. The pegasus in question had the biggest smirk under his helmet.

"Ready!" The Megazord began moving forward with its tread feet.

"Oh so thats how its gonna be?!" Trixie fired off more energy only for Button to throw a punch that floored Trixie off her hooves.

"This thing rocks!" Button said happily from his cockpit.

"No doubt!" Rumble agreed with his brother as Trixie slowly pulled herself up. The Mini Zord appeared on the screen before the five rangers.

"Use the Thunder Lion Cannon! It'll will be your best defense!"

"Well you heard him everypony." Scootaloo said as each ranger pushed the same button command. "Thunder Lion Cannon! Activate!" The Megazord pulled a large rip cord from its chest, rapidly charging its lion chest piece with such force that the resulting blast from the chest piece plus the added boost from the shoulder cannons could be felt by Twilight and Spike back in Element Ops. Trixie's scream echoed out as she was quickly swallowed by the blast and very large explosion, the largest the rangers had set off. But much to the rangers surprise as the smoke cleared Trixie was still standing, and stumbling forward.

"You....just couldn't let Trixie have this one..." The mare weeped as large burst of energy flew off her. "You just couldn't let Trixie win for once!" Memories off all her past defeats began flooding into her mind as more energy flew off. "Why can't....Trixie win?!" The large mare finally stopped. "Why can't she.....beat....Twilight....." Trixies eyes rolled up before she finally fell backwards in a large explosion. From their Megazord the five rangers knew they should be celebrating bringing down one of Nightmare Moons followers, but they all couldnt help but feel even a little sorry for Trixie.

"I'm going down there." Scootaloo told the others as she leaped from the Megazord and down to the burning ground below. A split second later the others were standing behind her, overlooking the results of their battle.

"Anypony see her?" Rumble asked. Button spotted a down figure out in the distance.

"Over there!" The five galloped a good distance to where they found Trixie Lulamoon on the ground, and not moving. Sweetie slowly placed a hoof on the fallen mares chest.

"I feel a pulse. She's alive." The five rangers jumped back as a dark charge of energy burst from her chest and flew up into the sky. "What was that?!"

"We can talk later, help me with her!" Scootaloo bent down and slowly began rolling the unconscious mare on her back. The others helped Scootaloo lift Trixie onto her back as the five demorphed, and slowly began the trek back into town.


"Your majesty, the rangers have defeated Trixie." Gilda reported to the alicorn of the night who sat on her throne, glaring into the sphere that contained her older sister and alicorn of the day: Princess Celestia.

"Those rangers of yours dear sister are getting stronger. Perhaps I haven't been taking them seriously enough..." Nightmare Moon said as the dark energy appeared in front of her before zapping into her. "If Trixie has survived her battle she has been set free of my gift. Though I hardly doubt she will draw breath much longer."

"What do you want us to do your highness?" Iron Will asked.

"We wait. Trixie's replacement will be here shortly enough..."


When they had returned to Ponyville Scootaloo and the others quickly rushed Trixie to the hospital. According to the doctors treating her she was alive, but in what appeared to be a coma. They didn't know when Trixie would awaken, or if she ever would. The five made the slow trot to Rarity's Boutique where they quietly regrouped in the back room.

"We won, so why do I feel bad?" Sweetie asked quietly.

"Trixie mightve been evil, but only because Nightmare Moon made her that way." Scootaloo reasoned. "She might not even remember any of whats happened when she wakes up."

"If she wakes up." Rumble said grimly. The five sat in silence before Rarity appeared in the doorway.

"Oh there you boys are. Somepony has been waiting for you two to come back from your ride to talk to you." Rarity explained to their confusion. "They work with a racing company and want you two to perform with them."

"That would mean leaving Ponyville..." Rumble said quietly.

"Go for it you two." Scootaloo said with a kind smile. "You don't get chances like this."

"But you girls-"

"We can handle ourselves." Applebloom said putting a hoof around her two friends. "And we'll still be friends right?" The brothers looked at the mares before slowly trotting out the door. When the three mares left the backroom they found the stallions gone. "Ah'm gonna miss them."

"But Twilight's right. We can't force them into this." Sweetie said as they began their trek back to Element Ops. Twilight and Spike were waiting for the three. The teenage rangers filled the two in on Trixie's condition.

"There'll be many days like this girls." Twilight explained. "When it feels like doing the right thing is wrong. When Trixie comes out of her coma I'll be there for her. What she needs more than anything at the moment, is a friend."

"And we'll be there with you Twilight." Scootaloo said confidently when the sound of trotting came from the stairway into Element Ops. To their surprise Rumble and Button Mash and trotted down to them. "Here to say goodbye?"

"Nah. We appreciated their offer, but we had to turn them down." The pegasus explained, much to the others surprise.

"You said no? But that would get you away from here and Nightmare Moon!"

"We have something more important to do." Button explained as he and his brother turned to Twilight. Staring at her with smiles on their faces they both gave a small bow.

"If you'll have us, we would be more than honored to fight along Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom." The teenage mares eyes widen in surprise as Twilight studied the two before smiling back.

"Well, if you don't mind accepting my teachings and agreeing to a few rules that even these three have to abide by as Rangers I would have no problem accepting you. But that isn't my call to make. That falls to the leader of the team: Scootaloo." The red ranger looked surprised as all eyes fell on her, before she trotted to the front of the stallions. Smiling at her friends who nodded she held out her hoof.

"Welcome to Element Storm." The two brothers took her hoof without a moment's hesitation while the others broke out into cheers before piling on them. Spike laughed as the stallions struggled to get the mares off them while Twilight looked at the five friends happily. Three had become Five, and Nightmare Moon now had more problems to deal with.


Night had fallen in Ponyville. The group had gone out to celebrate the addition of Rumble and Button Mash to the team. Spike had modify their morphers slightly so they could tap into the communicator system and reach Element Ops when needed. As the five ponies and dragon celebrated at Sugarcube Corner Twilight quietly went back to her library. Making sure she was indeed alone the older mare descended into Element Ops and pulled out a scroll that was sealed to the point only she could open it. Sitting at the large monitor she was quietly listen to recordings that the morphers picked up while jotting down notes.

"You gotta understand that Rumble's a good pony. He's loyal to the very end, no matter how that end comes. Some would consider that a good trait to have."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What trait would you have?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm good at making people laugh when they need it."

Next to a drawing of Rumbles and Buttons faces on the parchment Twilight quietly wrote with a quill.

"Loyalty......Laughter." Listening in to later recordings she jotted down next to a drawing of Sweetie Belle. "Generosity...Apple Bloom....honesty." Twilight paused when she got to the drawing of Scootaloo. "Kindness." Then she looked at the six line with a figure covered in scribbles. "Where's the spark that'll bring them together?" She asked herself quietly.