• Published 12th Sep 2016
  • 10,009 Views, 164 Comments

Life Goes On - hattafan2593



A series of oneshots that take place after the events of "Bitter Tears."

  • ...
10
 164
 10,009

Sunset and the Dazzlings' Super Special Awesome Karaoke Adventure

"What do you mean he's dead?"

For whatever reason that even she couldn't fathom, Sunset had decided to take Adagio up on her offer to hang out with her and her sisters . They had manage to sneak into a karaoke bar with fake IDs and were now sitting in a booth near the stage. The Dazzlings had all ordered brightly colored mixed drinks while Sunset had merely ordered a water. Somehow the topic of conversation had landed on Starswirl the Bearded.

"Just as I said, he's dead. Been dead for a while."

"Well, when did he die?!" Adagio asked, throwing up her hands dramatically.

Sunset absentmindedly stirred her water. "The exact date isn't widely known, not even Celestia is exactly sure. But I'd have to guess around 800 years."

"Yeah, I'm calling bull on that."

Sunset's brows furrowed. "Excuse me?"

Aria elaborated. "We've only been in this dimension for two years, and the last time we saw that asshole, he was very much alive."

Sonata added, "Yeah, I mean, how old do you think we are?"

Sunset blinked, very confused. "Uhh..a thousand years? Give or take?"

The Dazzlings looked at each other....and then burst out laughing. Sonata almost fell out of her chair. Aria banged her fist on the table.

"Sunset, honey," Adagio said, wiping her eyes. "We may be vain, but no amount of make-up is that good!"

Aria straightened up, smirking. "Yeah, pretty sure people would be able to tell if we were that old!"

Sunset merely shrugged. "I thought the amulets were allowing you to keep your youthful appearances through magic."

Adagio frowned. "The amulets didn't work that way. They only granted us power, not eternal youth. If that were the case, don't you think it would've worn off by now?"

Sunset said nothing. She did have a point.

"And besides," Adagio continued. "We were in this dimension for months before we came across them. Found them in a pawn shop of all places. And it took us weeks after that just to figure out how they worked. Had to do research on the Internet."

"You do not want to know all the crap we had to sort through just to find anything remotely credible." Aria said with a scowl. "Seriously, why are humans so disgusting?"

Sunset folded her hands and rested her chin upon them in thought. "Something's not adding up. It's been documented that Starswirl died around 800 years ago. Yet you say you've only been here two years...." Her eyes suddenly widened. "Unless...."

Adagio quickly caught on to what Sunset was implying, and she narrowed her eyes in disgust. "You've got to be kidding me."

Sonata and Aria exchanged looks. "Uh, you wanna let us in on the joke, Dag?"

Adagio barked out a harsh laugh. "Don't you get it, Aria? That bastard didn't just send us to another dimension. He sent us to another time period. Everything we've ever known - our homeland, the other sirens - they're all long gone by now."

Silence fell as this information sunk in, and Sunset couldn't help but feel pity for her former enemies.

"So I guess our whole "Steal the magic source from the Rainbooms, become all powerful, break the barrier keeping us here, return to Equestria, and get revenge on Starswirl" plan was just one big waste of time then, huh?" Sonata asked somberly.

The group sat in somber silence for a moment or two, then Adagio suddenly clapped her hands together loudly, startling the group.

"No matter." She said. "The past is the past. All we can do now is move forward and adapt." She wrapped her arms around her sisters. "And you two morons need all the help you can get."

Aria merely rolled her eyes while Sonata rested her head on Adagio's shoulder. "Aww, you do love us."

"Will the following group please make their way to the stage - Dazzlings Plus One?" Called a man from the stage.

"Plus One?" Sunset asked, narrowing her eyes.

Adagio smirked. "Oh yeah. We signed you up to sing karaoke with us. We knew you wouldn't mind."

"Dazzlings Plus One, please come to the stage!" The man called.

As the sirens stood up from their seats, Sonata said cheerfully, "Just follow our lead. You'll catch on quickly."

"Wait a second!" Sunset protested, but Sonata had already grabbed her arm and was dragging her out of her seat towards the stage.

As they walked towards center-stage, all three Dazzlings began to sing, and Sunset felt her blood run cold. That was the same sequence of notes they had sung when they had first entered the cafeteria, right before they brainwashed the students.

Calm down. They don't have their amulets anymore, she reminded herself. They can't do any harm. They're probably just....warming up.

And indeed, Sunset was proven right when the Dazzlings changed key, and then looked at her expectantly. Getting the gist, Sunset decided 'oh what the heck?', and joined in, and soon all four girls were in perfect harmony.

Apparently satisfied, Adagio made a ceasing motion with her hands, silencing the group. She then turned and nodded towards someone offstage.

As the music started, Sunset realized she recognized the song, having heard it played on several students' phones. As the Dazzlings began to sway to the music, she did the same, doing her best to copy their movements. Then, Adagio stepped forward and began to sing:

I knew you were
You were gonna come to me
And here you are
But you better choose carefully
‘Cause I’m capable of anything
Of anything and everything

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
But don’t make me your enemy, (your enemy)
your enemy, (Your enemy)
your enemy

So you wanna play with magic (Ahhhhhh)
Boy, you should know whatcha falling for
Baby do you dare to do this (Ahhhhhh)
Cause I’m coming atcha like a dark horse

(Hey!)
Are you ready for, ready for
(Hey!)
A perfect storm, perfect storm
(Hey! Hey!)
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine
(Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!)
There’s no going back

While Adagio sang the verse, Sunset and the other two Dazzlings sang back-up and danced. It was surprisingly easy for Sunset to synchronize with them. When Adagio was finished, she stepped back and Aria and Sonata took her place.

Mark my words
This love will make you levitate
Like a bird
Like a bird without a cage
But down to earth
If you choose to walk away, don’t walk away

It’s in the palm of your hand now baby
It’s a yes or no, no maybe
So just be sure before you give it up to me
Up to me, give it up to me

So you wanna play with magic (Ahhhhh!)
Boy, you should know whatcha falling for
Baby do you dare to do this (Ahhhhhh!)
Cause I’m coming atcha like a dark horse

(Hey!)
Are you ready for, ready for
(Hey!)
A perfect storm, perfect storm
(Hey! Hey!)
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine
(Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!)
There’s no going back

By this point, Sunset was really getting into the song. How long had it been since she'd been up on stage? As part of a group? So when it came time for the final verse, she proudly took center stage and sang out:

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know whatcha falling for (You should know)
Baby do you dare to do this
Cause I’m coming atcha like a dark horse (Like a dark horse)

(Hey!)
Are you ready for, ready for (Ready for)
(Hey!)
A perfect storm, perfect storm (A perfect storm)
(Hey! Hey!)
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine (Aaaaaaaah!)
(Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!)
There’s no going back

The whole room exploded in applause as Sunset finished the song, posed victoriously. As she moved to leave the stage, she noticed the Dazzlings looking at her in surprise.

"What?"

Adagio cleared her throat and gestured to her head. Furrowing her brows, Sunset slowly raised her hand to the top of her head.

Her eyes nearly popped out of her skull as she felt two distinct pony ears.


Adagio was smirking as they made their way down the street to Joe's. This had been a good night. And who knows, maybe there would be more nights like this. The Rainbooms had really messed up throwing away their trump card like that.

Oh well. Their loss. Adagio thought smugly. She admitted that she had grossly underestimated Sunset during the Battle of the Bands, but it was obvious to her that it was only thanks to her that they had lost.

And besides, she turned to smile at Sunset, who was staring at the ground. It's nice to have intelligent conversation every once in a while.

"Sunset?"

As she and the others turned a corner, she stopped....and her smirk widened. Standing there, with looks of anger and confusion on their faces, were Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.

Oh this night just gets better and better!

Author's Note:

Yes, I know it's been a while.

Give me a break! I have a life!

Also, the lyrics belong to "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry. I do not own them.

Comments ( 66 )
CSC

Oh....fuck. This is going to be good!

Let the fun times begin!!

I am hoping the next chapter releases shortly with a cliffhanger like that.

I'd post the video of the best Joker laugh from JL if I could. But I can't so I shan't.

Great to see it updated. ^_^

Very nice session with Sunset and the Dazzlings - great to see her state of mind getting better - and I can't wait for what results of them running into Pinkie, Rainbow, and Applejack, as well as whatever else is happening.

:twilightsmile:
Need next chapter story is perfect need more please.

OH COME ON! REALLY!? XD
boooo! why end it on THAT!?
i cant wait for the next chapter :D

If the two of the three know what good for them they SHUT RAINBOW DOWN :twilightangry2: before she says or does anything to drive Sunset further away.

Man, I hate to ruin it, it's a great chapter, but you should know the site's rules do not allow to put lyrics of songs like in this chapter, even if you put a disclaimer (Here: https://www.fimfiction.net/rules#stories It is the sixth point under Stories).

I can only suggest trying to write new lyrics, and just say the music is from "Dark Horse".

8167252 Yeah, except I suck to high heaven at writing lyrics.

If anyone has any talent then I highly suggest they message me some lyrics that can be sung to "Dark Horse."

Otherwise, I'm leaving this up until I'm told to take it down. This chapter was a bitch to write.

8167499

You know Adagio may taunt the Rainbooms, citing that they were nothing without Sunset's help. And that throwing her aside made them weaker.

8167252 8167499 As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with linking the actually video/lyrics from YouTube. I see that all the time.:applejackunsure:

Oh me oh my, how interesting this has gotten~
nicely done

Furrowing her brows, Sunset furrowed her brow and slowly raised her hand to the top of her head.

that's a lot of furrowing! :trixieshiftright:

Also yay new chapter, double yay that it was a good one, triple yay that I can't wait to see what happens next! :yay:

OOOOOOHHHH CLIFFHANGER!! I just finished catching up...
Now to wait~

"And besides," Adagio continued. "We were in this dimension for months before we came across them. Found them in a pawn shop of all places. And it took us weeks after that just to figure out how they worked. Had to do research on the Internet."

Is Adagio referring to their amulets? If so, I'm pretty sure they already had them when they were sent to this dimension. They were originally imbedded in the sirens' chests in their original forms, but were transformed into pendants when they turned into humans.

Quite the cliffhanger you've left us with. I can already tell how this is going to go. The Rainbooms, specifically Rainbow Dash, tell Sunset that she can't be around Dazzlings. This, of course, angers Sunset, and she tells them that they have no right to tell her who she can or can't hang out with. Thus, the wedge between her and her friends will widen even further.

Good stuff. Looking forward to more.

8168628 ?
Edit: Turns out fimfic doesn't like emojis. * inserts thumbs up*

8169023 My headcanon is that the sirens came to the human world without their heart crystals. While it's true they're part of their bodies, a unicorn's horn is also part of their body, but Sunset and Twilight both came to the human world without their horns.

This doesn't just apply to ponies. Spike is a dragon and is able to teleport letters to Celestia using magic fire. Yet as a dog he loses this ability. So it isn't entirely illogical that it would apply to other non-pony creatures like the sirens.

8169049

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

Thanks for explaining. :twilightsmile:

Welp, crap's about to hit the fan, isn't it?

Maybe I will be the only one, but I hope that despite all the Rainbooms and Sunset come back to being friends. This is not the first FanFiction I read about Anon-a-Miss's saga but I hope this has a positive epilogue. The others, having a story called "Anon-A-Miss with a Twist" if I do not, I had a finale that always left me with bitterness in my mouth. Obviously it is not up to me to choose the finale of this story but I always hope to see a "Happy Ending" at the end. However, for the story and the chapter in general I can only compliment you for the work you have done. Good job.

8171774 True this would technically be manslaughter, not murder.

But this is Trixie, and she does tend to embellish a little.

8171880

Actually that's more likely to qualify as false imprisonment. And Trixie actually could be sued with and found guilty of that since by all accounts she did imprison the girls.

Also manslaughter actually requires the parties to die.

8171816

Though either requires the parties to actually die and even if the fall didn't kill them it's unlikely they would stay there for long.

However, Trixe could be successfully charged with false imprisonment since she trapped the girls in a confined space, agianst their will, with no way for them to escape. So yeah they could legally sue her for that.

8171896 My guess is that Trixie never got punished for it because the Rainbooms were still psyched from defeating the Dazzlings and just didn't bring it up, Trixie never brought it up, and the student rumor mill just took over and everyone agreed to just blame the Dazzlings for everything.

That and Trixie was "technically" brainwashed, so.....there you go.

8171917

Well that and the Rainbooms aren't the kind to sue someone for at most what was a minor inconvenience, they aren't that petty.

8172033 My headcanon is that Sci Twi does not have scars, and this is due to how she was changed back.

With Sunset, she was literally blasted back to normal. In Twilight's case, Sunset took her hand, which allowed Sunset's pure magic to override and cancel out Twilight's corrupted form.

The way I see it, it's like comparing throwing a computer against the wall to turn it off, and simply clicking on the "Turn Off" option.

Woah what a great read this is

Yup, this night is getting crazy already!!!

I'm wondering is there will be a Twilight chapter? Because in some point she'll have to talk to the Rainbooms, like it or not.

Showdown is coming

NO SON OF A BITCH!

8245808
Oh right, the crater. I'm always forgetting about that; it's a miracle she survived it.

Thanks for the clarification.

8167918
Morbid curiosity. Fan of Inu Yasha?

8359194
I've seen a few episodes, it's pretty good but I have yet to see all of it

8359230
Fair enough. Only reason I ask is one of the first villains used the phrase "Oh me, oh my.", quite frequently. Don't know that I have encountered it anywhere else until now. So was curious where you had heard it from.

8360242
Ahhh, hehe, that's just one of the things I say from time to time, :twilightsmile:

I'm Glad I caught up with this after reading Bitter Tears. Both that & now this have been glorious to read. :D

8476430
And who the hell said you have to agree with me? Or that I even care?

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Maybe next time AJ, Rarity and Rainbow Dash starts to wonder if they trully cared of the Crusaders (after reading "Anon-A-Missomunication" I'd see the fault on the girls for not talking to their little sisters about how they felt. But like the previous fic, it was also the Crusader's fault for not talking with them at first).

I love anything that involves the Dazzlings and their singing. I never heard the song (I'm more of a Classic Rock/Insert Song kinda guy) so listening to my own beat and the little humming notes the Dazzlings did to activate their magic in the background? DAMN that was nice.

Well this is ironic.

To my understanding, the girls only 'pony-up' when they embrace an aspect of Harmony. In Sunset's case, accepting friendships from others (I think?). It's gotta be painful for the Rainbooms to see the friend they're trying to make up with easily accepting (and it seems like preferring at this point) the companionship of those who were once enemies.

8167499

Aria: Well, if it isn't "Stinkie Pie", "Applecrack" and "Rainbow Crash".

Here we go :)

The same thing about Bitter Tears.

Nothing to be said and a story truly appreciated.

~The scars~

Because it's a good one, it makes it worth to wait for any next chapter.
I'll keep up until the end of this sequel, as long as the time you'll need for it.

I think relatability plays a big role when it comes to making friends. It's not a surprise she chose to hang out with the Dazzlings since they actually have a lot in common.

Is this story dead?

Why no sunny updates with 🎂

I would love to see more of these stories and was wondering, if you were going to continue. It would be amazing

Login or register to comment