• Published 12th Sep 2016
  • 10,000 Views, 164 Comments

Life Goes On - hattafan2593



A series of oneshots that take place after the events of "Bitter Tears."

  • ...
10
 164
 10,000

Fishing

Adagio Dazzle leaned into the bench, her arms draped across the top, as she quietly and casually observed her surroundings.

The mall was busy, as was expected on a Saturday around midday, making it the perfect setting for their latest "fishing" expedition.

Looking to her left, she saw that Aria had already gotten a bite; she was casually leaning over the counter-top of the ice-cream kiosk, flirting heavily with the guy standing next to her, much to the chagrin of the woman standing next to him, as well as the man behind the counter.

Turning her head slightly, she heard the distinct sound of Sonata's cooing, "Oh Binky, you don't need to get me anything!", which was immediately followed by, "If you turn right and head straight, you'll be at Le Mode. Ask for Coco, she'll help you out."

Adagio smirked. Sonata had found that guy a week ago, and it seems she was still milking him for all he was worth.

Adagio, on the other hand, liked fresh meat, and she preferred to let her prey come to her. She may not have had her magic anymore, but she was still a siren.

One would think that after their defeat at the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings would've hit rock bottom, right? Not necessarily. While the first few weeks afterward were difficult, they had managed to adjust and eventually settled into a routine, just as they had when they first came to this world.

Speaking of which..."Uh, hey."

Bingo.

She turned and gave a casual smile. "Hey."

The boy was a stuttering mess, she guessed around 15, while his friends were watching in the background with baited breath.

"Um, so, my name's Red, Red Blazer, and um, I know this is really awkward and we just met, but - shut up!" He turned and shouted at his friends who were snickering like idiots. "I was wondering, maybe, possibly, if you'd like to, I don't know, get some coffee or, or something - I mean it's totally fine if you don't, I just-"

The boy's breath was stolen as the beautiful girl stood up and was suddenly very close to him.

"I'd love to." Adagio said softly, making sure to bat her eyes for good measure. She pulled out a scrap of paper and slipped it into the boy's sweaty hand. "My name's Adagio, by the way. Adagio Dazzle."

The boy's face was bright red as he stammered, "Really?! Great! Uh, I mean....cool." He smirked as he tried to pass off a "cool guy" demeanor, one she'd seen countless times before. Humans were so predictable.

Adagio stood there, hands on her hips, as she watched the boy walk off, his friends slapping him on the back in congratulations. As she sat back down on the bench, pleased at her latest catch, she began to quietly sing to herself:

Whoa, whoa,
You didn't know that you fell
Oh whoa, whoa
Now that you're under my....

She slowly trailed off as she sensed someone standing behind her. She turned and smirked when she saw who it was.

Sunset Shimmer stood there, an unreadable expression on her face.

"Well. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Adagio stood up once more and turned to face Sunset, her hands on her hips. "Heard you tried to go through the looking glass. Find any rabbits?"

Sunset gave no response. Adagio frowned.

"Yeah, that was pretty lame. Never mind." She leaned against the back of the bench and pointed to Sunset. "Nice outfit, by the way. It suits you better."

Still no response. After a while, Adagio began to nervously rub her hands on her jeans. "Okay, normally I don't mind people gawking at me, but this is getting weird..."

"I thought the blast made you tone-deaf."

Relieved to finally get a response from her rival, Adagio simply shook her head. "Nope. Just deaf-deaf." At Sunset's confused look, she elaborated. "When you hit us with your magic, you damaged our hearing as well as destroyed our amulets. Took about a week for it to wear off. A pain in the ass, but there you go. Speaking of pains....."

Sunset took a step back as Adagio closed in and ran her fingers across Sunset's forehead. "Seriously? You headbutt a mirror and not a single scar?! How is that fair?" Adagio pursed her lips into a pout. She raised her hands in surrender when Sunset pushed her hands away. "Touchy!"

She returned to leaning against the bench and started examining her nails. "So how are the Rainbooms doing? You kiss and make up yet, or are you gonna let them sweat a little longer over how they callously betrayed you and abandoned you in your hour of need?"

Adagio didn't need to look up to see that this comment affected Sunset. Suddenly they both heard loud shouting and turned to see two boys fighting. A crowd was starting to form, but they could distinctly see Sonata at the front, shouting, "Stop! Stop fighting!" Adagio knew her sister well enough to know there was a smirk on her face.

"Heh. Only ten minutes, and they're already brawling. That's got to be a new record." Adagio turned to Sunset, then frowned at Sunset's expression. "What?"

".....Are you three going to be trouble?"

"Trouble? Moi?" Adagio gasped in fake offense. "Why Sunset, you wound me!" She grasped her chest dramatically before turning serious. "Seriously though. Did you really think you're little 'friendship beam' would make everything sunshine and lollipops with us? We're sirens, sweetie. Trouble is our bread and butter. Or are the two morons getting dragged out by security not enough evidence for you?

"Of course, if you're talking 'world-domination' trouble....eh. Maybe. Eventually. If we find another magic source." She shrugged and folded her arms. "Honestly though, we're not feeling too inclined to look very hard. Only an idiot tries something three times and expects different results."

"Hey Dagi! I got you a smoo...thie......." Sonata merrily skipped up to her sister with an orange beverage, but faltered slightly when she saw Sunset. Aria soon joined them, glaring suspiciously at Sunset.

"Thanks, Sony." Adagio said, taking the smoothie. "Well, this has been fun, but I think you have somewhere to be, right?"

Sunset seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in as she stuttered, "Y-Yeah. I'm - I'm late for work."

And with that, she walked swiftly passed the three. Adagio stirred her drink with her straw as she called out, "You should hang with us, sometime. Maybe we could sing a quartet."

Sunset faltered slightly, but continued walking.

Aria turned to her sister, hands on her hips. "Okay, so want to explain why you're having small talk with the bitch that took our magic away?"

Adagio shrugged. "What can I say? She's the most interesting human we've met so far."

Sonata's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "But....she's not human."

"Exactly." Adagio smirked, and took a sip of her smoothie.

Author's Note:

Finally! Sorry for the wait you guys! Life just keeps getting in the way.

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Let me know what you think.

More to come soon.