• Published 12th Sep 2016
  • 10,011 Views, 164 Comments

Life Goes On - hattafan2593



A series of oneshots that take place after the events of "Bitter Tears."

  • ...
10
 164
 10,011

Therapy Session

"Hello Rainbow Dash. How are you this morning?"

"Hey Doc. I'm good. Pretty good."

"I'm glad to hear that, Miss Dash. Alright, how about we start off with a little progress report? How have things been going since our last session?"

"Uhhh....good, I guess. I'm still doing the breathing exercises, and....I'm still working on being more open and....you know...trying to step back a bit....It's....it's hard."

"That's okay. Old habits are hard to break. The important thing is, you're trying."

"Yeah. Uhh...Sunset's.....well, she's still not talking to us. I mean, she'll say 'hi' in the hallway and stuff, but.....for the most part she doesn't really hang out with us anymore.....Is it...wrong to say I'm a little...relieved?"

"I can't speak for your emotions, Rainbow. You feel what you feel. But to answer your question...I think if, after months of tension and awkward interaction with a friend that I knew was mad at me, I can't say that I wouldn't feel a bit of relief when said friend finally told me how they were feeling and stopped interacting with me. I would feel sad, of course, but also relief that I no longer had to deal with that tension."

"...I guess. I wonder if Sunset feels the same way..."

"It is possible."

"Heh. Of course, you would know, wouldn't you, Doc?"

"It may have come up."

......

"Rainbow, how about today...we talk about Scootaloo?"

".....What about her?"

"Tell me about her. Your relationship with her."

"She's...she's like my little sister......she was."

"When did you first meet?"

"Aw geez, it was a while ago....I think, it was about, I don't know, four years ago? I was on the junior team and Scoots was, like, 8? 9? Anyway, I was practicing for the next game when I saw these jerks picking on her. Calling her 'Chicken Legs' and pushing her around."

"And you felt the need to intervene?"

"Well yeah. I mean, the way they were treating her, it wasn't cool, ya know? And besides that, it was three against one. It was totally not fair! She couldn't even fight back!"

"So you decided to intervene, even the odds a little."

"Yeah! So I walked up to 'em, and I was like 'Hey! Leave her alone!', and they just laughed at me, so I whipped out my soccer ball and showed them what happens when you mess with the Dash! They never even saw it coming! My skills were awesome! Better than awesome! It was awesomeness times infinity! It was.....sorry I'm.....I'm doing it again, aren't I?"

"That's alright Miss Dash. I think, in this instance, you have every right to be proud of yourself. You defended an innocent young girl from a group of bullies.....although I do wish you had chosen a less....abrasive method in doing so."

".......Yeah. Anyway, they ran off and Scoots ran up to me and said I was awesome and cool and she thanked me about a zillion times. After that, she started following me around. It was kinda annoying, to be honest, but....after a while, she kinda grew on me. She kinda reminded me of me when I was her age. We've been tight ever since."

"And then Anon-A-Miss happened."

"....Yeah."

"I notice that out of you, Applejack, and Rarity, you seem to be the most upset. At Scootaloo in particular. Can you tell me why?"

"......Remember when I told you about how upset I was, when I thought it was Sunset?"

"Yes."

"It's kinda the same here. It's not the secrets themselves...well, okay, I was upset about that, but....what really got me was the captions. When...Anon-A-Miss posted that thing about my science report....they....they said...."

"Take your time."

"They said that.....I had better hope to get a soccer scholarship because....cuz...sob....a stupid dumbass jock like me sure isn't good for anything else!"

"Take deep breaths, Rainbow. Let it all out."

"Sigh. That's...that's what really hurt, ya know? I'm like.....Is this really what you think of me? Just some...dumb jock who's only good for kicking a ball around?! And....and if she thinks that....if Scoots really thinks that...then...."

"It's possible that everyone else thinks it, too?"

"....Yeah."

"....Rainbow....have you actually told Scootaloo this?"

"No. I haven't really spoken to her since that day in the hospital. I'm....I'm not even really mad at her anymore. It just.....it just hurts to be around her, ya know."

"And because you feel it would be hypocritical to give her a chance when you wouldn't give Sunset the same chance?"

"Well...yeah. But, if I'm to be honest....it's cuz I don't wanna be around her....."

"Rainbow....I know you probably don't want to hear this. But-"

"You're gonna ask me to forgive her, aren't you?"

"No. Only you can decide that. I do think that, if there is any real chance at putting this behind you, you need to be honest with Scootaloo about how hurt you were by her actions, and how you're still hurting now. I think you've seen firsthand what happens when you allow these feelings to fester."

"Yeah. I think part of me knows that....."

"You have every right to be angry at her, Rainbow. You even have the right not to forgive her, if that is your choice. But let me ask you this; after all the good times you've had with Scootaloo, after how close you two were....do you really want those memories to be tainted by this one incident?"

"....No. I still have really good memories of Scoots, and.....even though she hurt me, she's still a good kid. I....I don't wanna hate her.....Okay. I'll talk to her."

"Good. That's all the time we have for today. I wish you the best."

"Thanks Doc."

"And remember, Rainbow. I'm just a phonecall away if you need to talk."

"Yeah. I know. See ya, Doc."