• Published 10th Jun 2012
  • 7,404 Views, 1,261 Comments

CyberFire - Android



Things can go wrong quickly in the 25th century. What was a vacation for your average kid is now an identity crisis in a world that isn't black and white and line between real and unreal is erased. Your friends aren't who you think they are

  • ...
45
 1,261
 7,404
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 41 )

I like it. Looking forward to more :)

Since this was an exercise in writing for a new character with an accent I'll focus on that.

I liked how the accent gave me a fairly clear idea of what she sounded like moreso than most other characters. The accent writing itself was just a little bit 'too German' if that makes sense. It would do well with being toned back a little bit in future iterations.

Mind you I'm really grasping at straws here. It was very solid work.



Also obligatory excitement at new Cyberfire chapter.

After the Fall updates?

This story is quite honestly one of the best stories I've read in my life so far. (and one of the only reasons I come back on FIMfic to check if there are any updates) but damn, man. Nice chapter, even if most of the new chapters don't focus on Jett or Spitty.

5133378 seems I'm not alone in my quest for an update

5141324 Dude, I've been trying for updates for almost two years.

5141324 :unsuresweetie: I'll see what I can do for Halloween...

5141340 That would be the best Birthday present ever XD

I'm feeling a reread is in order.

6277141 sign me up. ONWARD TO EQUESTRIA!

6283099 Alright, I'm coming already. *says in a sluggish tone*

6283487 too slow, I'm off.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........!!

6285414 Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!?

6447399 ONI is actually a real thing. Though it's not as well known IRL.

Okay, I've finished this story last year without saying anything... I think.
Now I'm back to say congratulations! You have successfully programmed my brain to think about this story whenever I hear anything somewhat related to Spitfire, Androids, and/or Cyberfire.





... I think my heart still hasn't healed up yet.

6817322 Yeah, it's been about three years since I finished this and to be honest, the thought of doing a complete rewrite did run through my mind. Maybe I still will at one point. The main issue is this was written about 3 to 4 years ago when I was still in high school and hadn't fully done much in the way of writing. I can needlessly pick it apart and find various flaws in it that most would probably miss but I'll say that it was an experience for me. This story was a gigantic experiment for me in terms of writing and it did help me improve from where I was. I generally regard it as a benchmark for where I was. As for where I am going and where I am now... well that's yet to be seen. Maybe I will do a complete rewrite one day, follow the plot loosely and change and fix things where I can. But for now, eh, I'm not sure. I certainly wouldn't mind revisiting those characters but they've been busy doing their own things for quite some time now and I'm not exactly sure how they'd take seeing me again after nearly 3 years.

7079528

There is no force in existence that operates like that. It's not even mathematically consistent-- there is no kind of imaginable physical law that would give you a result like that.

Let me repeat: in order for that to work, the acceleration would have to magically double when two same-mass objects came into contact. And drop back again when they separate. Think hard about how that would work. Would they have to be completely in contact? Would there be some level of "close enough"? Why would the net force suddenly increase, and where would the energy for that come from? If you lifted two objects separately, but let them fall together, does that mean you would gain free energy from the process?

The only time this is an acceptable break from reality is when you are actually breaking from reality. E.g., Discord and Pinkie Pie.

I never get tired of reading this

Wait, just wanna ask but is this fic a Human in Equestria fic or a Pony on Earth fic?

7509057 Starts as the latter and moves to the former

7533647 Thanks XD sorry

Brah, where's my ATF fix? I NEED MY FIX.
PS: my Xbox name may be CyberFire :3
I have a problem.

7744707 Thank you. That is very kind of you to say. To be honest, I'm still happy that even almost three years after this story finished, I'm still sitting on the record for the longest Spitfire/OC ship fic on this site.

7744873 Heck, it's so good that I just woke up at 2:30 in the morning with the desire to find this story and read it again. I actively followed and read this while you were still updating this before it was finished, and this will be the third time since it ended that I've come back to read the whole thing. It really is an amazing piece of literature, amd I know I'm going to save it on my PC in hopes that ot survives even after FiMFic one day bites the dust. You made a piece of beauty here.

It also helps this is like the best cyberpunk-esque story on this site overall.

There should be a sequel where the two worlds meet

8403166
So if anything was published, would it be by your name as Android or by someone else? I would love to know so I can keep my eyes peeled. I've also thought about writing something original, but with college and work just sucking my inspiration, it' very difficult to say the least. :twilightsheepish:

8403180
Let me tell you a little secret: there's no such thing as an original idea. Not a one. At least not anymore. Everything has been done before. Tolkien defined the Fantasy Genre, Harry Potter is the most memorable wizard school story in history, Star Wars is what we think of when we hear the words "Space Opera." Every idea has been done before.

However, no one before Tolkien did it with the same depth as he did. No one wrote a wizard school story with quite as much flair as Rowling, and no one before Lucas crammed as much spectacle and wonder into a space adventure like he did.

Thus, the secret is this: Every idea has been done before, just not in every way. The secret to "originality" is what you bring to it. Your own unique perspective, your own unique take. Inspiration is easy and I suspect that it's not your problem. Your problem, if I may take a guess, is that you're trying too hard to be original. Every piece of literature or film or any other media draws on what came before it and the environment in which it was created, whether we know it or not. Even this story here has all the science fiction and other media I'd seen before it, crammed into its 370K words, mixed in with my own high school angst. So keep at it. Find what process works for you. Inspiration and ideas are cheap and easy. But the process itself can take a while to master.

And if something were to be published, I would probably use my real name. As to what that is... as long as this site exists, I promise that if I ever do have something published, I'll drop a hint as to the release date. Maybe even take a photo of a bookshelf that has a copy if it ever gets there. But as to my name... I think that's something I'll keep to myself. Though the tiny minority of people who will fit into the sliver of the venn diagram of people who have both read this story and who will go one to read something I actually end up publishing will be able to figure it out.

8409988
Ok but if you do ever publish something please drop some strong hints as to what it is cause I'd love be to buy.

Blaze it.

Well god damn that was a grate story! Glad I found this to read!

This was... honestly one of he best books i’ve ever read. Kudos to you my friend.

This was always one of my favorite Fics back in the day, recently re-read the whole thing and it's still just as amazing as I remember.

9949389
That's a lot of reading to do lmao

9950561
Took me about a week to do it but it was well worth it to bring back old memories

Finished reading this this week and this story has easily taken place in my top 5 favorite stories that i have read. I absolutely love this story. You were able to have enough detail to the point that i was able to imagine what was going on see how the characters looked and all of that. Amazing work. I have submitted this story to "the good hie list" group. Lets hope it gets accepted because i think it belongs in there.

10224216
Sorry buddy but this isn't a anthro series this is more for a humanoid feature series anthro is more a slash between Pony and human they have to have a feature like fur face of a pony and hooves.

Also don't go down that rabbit hole I've been down there I understand what's human and anthro and it will scare most people you never be the same person again.

Login or register to comment