• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,820 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,820

PreviousChapters Next
Don’t Worry, I Didn’t Lose my Head

Don’t Worry, I Didn’t Lose my Head


___________________________________________________________

“Winter wrap up, winter wrap up,” I sing cheerfully and quietly as I bounce along the fields, helping the Crusaders with planting some seeds.

Today is the last day of Winter Wrap Up and I’m quite glad it’s almost over. Doing all this without my magic is nowhere near as fun as it should be.

Yes. You didn’t hear wrong, I said the last day of, not just the day before Spring.

Seems the show wasn’t quite accurate on that. Winter Wrap Up doesn’t happen all in one day. It happens over the last month, starting from the second week of February, with everypony doing their part, all without magic.

I’d almost gotten Diamond to join me in helping wrap up winter, but, as you might be able to guess, Spoiled spoiled that chance by enforcing on Diamond how it is beneath ponies of their stature to be like work horses to bring in winter.

Lovely to know she thinks so little about Earth Pony tradition and heritage when she is an Earth Pony.

Now, whilst the show was wrong in that winter gets wrapped up all in one day, it was right in that things were going way too slowly until Twilight steps in and starts organizing everypony.

That’s what’s happening right now, which is why I’m finding doing Winter Wrap Up without magic no fun, due to us having to hurry things to make up for lost time, whilst also not ruining anything due to the hastiness.


With today being the last day to wrap up winter on time, we’re all really having to push it. I decided to sing a little to see if that could boast moral and from the way everypony’s moving along, it’s clear it’s working, with a good number doing the same.

After my meeting with Luna and Twilight, I've spent the last couple days thinking it over and waiting for Luna to give me her full decision. whilst waiting, though, I've also had a bit of fun. I learned I could pop into the worlds of story books. It felt really good clocking Mr. Wormwood and The Trunchbul from Matilda.


By late afternoon, we are finally done, with winter being completely wrapped up and just on time.

Whilst everypony else is cheering simply because they finished winter and on time, I’m cheering as I bounce up into the air and hover because I can now use my magic again. Man, it feels good.

Once everypony has chatted amongst themselves, we all part ways to finish our person matters for the day. I decide to just go home. Maybe I could pull a prank on Spoiled before the day is out.

But what could I do? I really wanna give her a fright for not letting Diamond join in with Winter Wrap Up; she really wanted to hang out with me, but Spoiled had put a stop to that.

Hmm. If only I could do something that would really freak her out something fierce. But, what? I could go with the Headless horse, maybe even carry my head with me, but that feels too cliché. If only I could...

A wicked smirk forms on my lips. “This is going to be good.”

___________________________________________________________

Spoiled glared out the window as the sun sunk a bit lower down the horizon. Where was that abomination?

Sure, she felt no love for the retched beast she is forced call her daughter, but she didn’t feel comfortable knowing she was still out there. As much as she feared the beast would attack her any time it was home, she preffered having it nearby, if only to keep it under observation and make sure it didn’t bring harm to anypony else.

She knew one day it would bring the end of Equestria. The princesses and those stupid Element Bearers were fools to trust she wouldn’t. It was only a matter of time. She was quite honestly surprised that the beast hadn’t freed that Chaos Spirit that spawned her in the first place.

There was a cough from behind, followed by, “Madam?”

Spoiled turned around to see Randolph standing next to the small table she’d chosen to sit at and eat alone tonight. “Your dinner, ma’am.”

Spoiled huffed, turning to glare out the window again. “Foolish old goat. How can I eat when that monster is still out there?”

“You mean Miss Screwball? She asked me to wish you a pleasant night before heading off to bed.”

Spoiled blinked, before whirling around to face the elder stallion. “She’s back? When?”

“Just a few moments ago, Miss,” Randolph he simply replied. “She appeared in the kitchen whilst I was fetching your dinner. She grab some food from the fridge and floated upstairs. Something about not wanting to lose her head before the night was out.”

Spoiled mulled that over, before sniffing. Well, if it meant the beast was safely inside and she wasn’t going to have to deal with her ridiculous antics until at least tomorrow, all the better.

“Leave me, then,” she huffed, walking over to the table and sitting herself down. “I should like to eat alone.”

The worthless older pony bowed, before trotting out.

Spoiled looked to the silver dish covering her meal and took a sniff of the air, getting a very exotic, but delicious smelling scent filling her nose as a result.

Curious as to what fine foreign delicacy she was rightfully being treated to tonight, she closed her eyes and lifted up the lid, set it aside and opened her eyes to see what was awaiting her.

At once she let out a high, ear-piercing scream of terror.

At first she thought it was her precious Diamond’s, but now she can see it’s the chaos beast’s. Her head was sitting in the middle of the platter, a pool of red underneath and her tongue sticking.

“Why didn’t you love me?” the disembodied head asked, blank eyes turning to stare right into Spoiled’s own, chilling her to the bone. “Children can’t live without a mother’s love. Why didn’t you love me?”

Spoiled had backed herself against the wall. She tried to call out, to scream for help, but it was like her voice had left her. All she could do was stare in horror at the head of her second spawn, somehow alive, despite having no body.

Her right eye twitched frantically as her heart pounded in her chest. Who did this? When? How? She’d be blamed for it. She knew she would. She had to figure out how to cover this up. She needed to find a scapegoat, somepony to take the fall.

Suddenly, she was yanked from her inner thoughts by the sound of... laughter?

Focusing again on the table, she saw the disembodied head rolling from side to side, laughing hysterically. At the same time, she screamed when she saw something she was certain would haunt her nightmares til the end of her days.

From under the carpet, within cupboards, draws or under cushions, even behind the sofa, body parts that looked like they belonged to the chaos beast rolled or crawled out and towards the table.

Once every body part was at the table, they all lifted into the air, and came together, before landing standing up on the table. The forelegs reached down and picked up the head, before placing it on the neck, screwing sounds following as it adjusted the position of the head.

“Gotcha,” it grinned.

Spoiled eyes rolled into the back of her head and the world went black.

Author's Note:

was gonna join this and the next chapter together, but then thought it'd flow better if they were separate.

thanks to Rhombicosidodecahedron and No1MporXantfor giving me the Iron Giant prank idea, but thanks again.

will try to get the next chapter out next week, followed by an update or two to my latest story, A Love Bug's Life. would've done more this weekend, but i didn't get to use the computer yesterday due to my little brother using the power outlet that the computer normally plugs into to plug in his laptop charge and he was at it all day.

Once i'm done with that, i might try a few other fics to update, including one about a certain blue unicorn, or maybe her human counterpart?

anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and, til next time, later everypony

PreviousChapters Next