• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,819 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,819

PreviousChapters Next
Her Actions Change Everything Each Time? Well, that’s both good and ANNOYING AS FUCK!

Her Actions Change Everything Each Time? Well, that’s both good and ANNOYING AS FUCK!

___________________________________________________________

“You sure you’re okay, Screwy?” Spike asked in a concerned tone as we reach where the Map is.

“I’m... better,” I say, not looking at either him or Twilight.

It’s late afternoon on our second day in this alternate timeline Starlight created. I hadn’t been in the best of ways after... well, after my actions caused what happened once Sombra was no longer a threat to this world.

It had taken all the day after I woke for Twilight and Spike to convince me I wasn’t in the wrong. I keep forgetting not everything can be fixed so easily with my powers, and this world proved that.

I was too hasty. I didn’t even think about how dangerous it would be for Sombra once I took out the evil controlling him. I should’ve taken him to the Crystal Castle and removed it there, not right on the battle field.

How would anypony have guessed he wasn’t evil? I was so quick to free him, I didn’t once consider that... and, because of my actions, Hope truly lost the pony she cares about, forever.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she hates my guts and wants me dead.

“Screwball, I know it’s hard, but just remember what I told you,” Twilight says as we stop next to the Map. “You just have to be a little less hasty. You wanted to end the war quickly, that’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

I keep staring at the ground. “But...”

“No buts, little missy,” she lifts my chin so I’m looking her in the eyes. “You are a good pony, Screwball. You did your best to keep your sister safe when your mother was trying to control you both, you’ve helped our Equestria probably more times than I can count or even know about, knowing you, and you made sure that your mother couldn’t keep her hold on your sister when the courts finally came in. You got all the evidence and you didn’t hide anything from them. You’re a good pony. What you did was hasty and did lead to some bad things in this timeline, but your actions were for the right reasons. That’s what matters. And now, I need you to help me make sure Starlight doesn’t bring another version of this timeline,” she indicates around us, “and we get our own timeline back on track.”

“Um, I’ve been meaning to ask about that,” Spike interrupts. “If Screwball can hope from one reality to another, why doesn’t she just take us all back to our timeline.” He folds his arms, scowling. “Leave Starlight here to deal with her own mistakes. Let her pay for trying to take away our friends.”

“Spike!” Twilight scolds.

I sigh, shaking my head. “I can’t.”

“Huh?” they both look to me.

I shake my head, glaring at the ground in frustration. “I tried the moment you guys talked me down today. But, it’s like when I tried to return to the world my mind came from. It’s like I’m being stopped, something is forcing me to not just take us away. The Rules of Chaos, for whatever stupid reason, are making it so we have to use Starlight’s spell and stop her if we want to go back to our time! URGH! I hate the Rules of Chaos! I’m with Spike! I just wanna leave that bitch here in this timeline she created! Let her deal with her own problems!”

Twilight gives me the same scolding glare she did Spike, before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, levitating up the scroll with the spell on it. “Alright. Like I suggested yesterday, we’re going back to a little before Starlight arrived in the past, so we’ll be able to stop her before she even knows we’re there.”

Whoa. Why’d I just get a chill, as if Twilight just invoked Murphy’s Law?

I shake it off, before setting my face in a determined glare. Fine. So, we won’t be leaving Starlight here, but that doesn’t mean I won’t make her pay for what happened here. She’s going to learn the consequences of her actions like I did, even if it kills her.

...

I’m actually a little scared by the fact a part of me doesn’t mind the idea that it might come to that. I don’t think I ever even felt that way about Spoiled. Yikes.

Twilight casts the spell and we fly through the Time Vortex, before dropping out where in the sky, both Twi and Spike screaming again, but a grab them both in my magic, before Twilight remembers to flap her wings and takes Spike in her own magic.

“Now all we have to do now is find Starlight and—”

Twilight doesn’t get to finish her sentence, as we’re suddenly engulfed by a blast of blue magic, and I find myself, along with the other two, trapped in a block of crystal that hits the clouds and very slowly starts sinking.

“Well, finding her will be easy,” a voice that sounds muffled due to the crystal says, and I glance to my right, to which Twilight and Spike are on to see Starlight floating over, “but stopping her’s going to be harder than you think.”

How did she...? Oh. I facehoof, despite the crystal holding me in place. Dumbass! She made the alterations to the spell. If she’s smart enough to have figured that out, of course she’d have a backup plan in case we tried to use it against her.

Hell, she even left it behind instead of taking it with her. She probably wanted us, well, Twilight at least, to be pulled back in time so she’d be forced into whatever timeline stopping the Rainboom created.

I am such an idiot! Right. Feeling sorry for myself time is over. I am not holding back against this bitch!

“Sorry to disappoint you,” she says, floating over, “but I created that spell to send myself back in time. So even when you cast it, I still get sent back here.”

Well, may as well let her blab her plan. She’s a villain and that’s what they do, after all. Plus, it’ll be easier not to fuck anything up when trying to stop her if I know her actual plan. Where better to learn that than straight from the horse’s mouth?

“It wasn’t difficult to change Starswirl’s spell,” Starlight continues, “he’d already done the hard part. But figuring out I could use the map to go to any time or place and pull you along with me?” She laughs. “I even impressed myself with that.”

She smirks down at Twilight.

“I knew you’d try to stop me. You’re so predictable. Why else would I leave the scroll behind? Touching it triggered the map to whisk you here and watch me erase the one thing that linked you with your friends.”

Huh. I called it. She is smarter than I thought. Still pretty dumb, though. Did she never read up about Twi and the others? If she did, she’d know this is the stupidest thing she could do to get revenge, as all of Equestria will pay the price, not just Twilight.

Her sneer becomes just plain evil, then, suddenly, her expression becomes angry as she lands on top of our crystal prison. “My village was a sanctuary of equality, where nopony’s Cutie Mark allowed them to feel superior!”

More like didn’t allow anypony to be themselves. And, didn’t feel superior? Says the pony who put herself in power in the village and forced them to be the same and punished them whenever they did something wrong. Man, do villains even hear themselves when they talk?

Starlight looks up with what I can only guess is a... wistful look? “It was a special place,” then she glares down at us, though her face disappears as we sink further into the cloud, “and you and your friends took it away!”

I’m glancing down, thinking, maybe, if she keeps talking, we’ll drop, I can break us out and we can jump her. But that plan is kinda ruined when Starlight floats down in front of us again. Dammit.

“Now it’s my turn to take something special from you!” she points at Twilight. “Without the Rainboom, you and your friends with never form your special Cutie Mark bond. Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!” she shakes what would be a fist if she didn’t have hooves at us. “Sounds like a fair trade t’ me.”

Fair? Good God, I could give her a nine hour long speech on how that isn’t the least bit fair in any sense of the word.

Starlight taps the crystal and we fall.

Once I’m certain we’re far enough down that Starlight won’t try and jump us again, I poof the crystal away.

“TWILI-HI-HI-HI-HI-LIGHT!” We both glance down to see Spike still falling.

Um... oops?

Twilight shoots down, grabbing him in a foreleg after he falls through several small clouds. Why she didn’t just grab him with her magic... I dunno.

They both fly up to where I’m floating with my illusion wings flapping to give the impression I’m a Pegasus and we hurry towards where Dash and those colts will be racing. We’ll wait until Starlight is about to zap Dash, then I’ll poof her over and smack her upside the jaw.

We move from cloud to cloud, searching for where Starlight could be hiding in wait to stop Rainbow Dash again, whilst Twilight tells us we have to be ready to stop her the moment Dash and the colts fly by.

However, Spike gets our attention and points to a spot where Starlight isn’t hiding to stop Dash... but talking to Fluttershy and the colts?!

We all zip down, getting within range to where I hear Starlight saying... something that almost floors me.

“Just remember how you’d feel if someone said those things to you.” As she finishes, the colt versions of Dumb-Bell and Hoops seem saddened.

What the hell did she just tell them?!

We land, Twilight demanding, “What’s going on here?”

I can’t help feeling kinda bad for Fluttershy, who, when Twilight lands, gets an anxious look (an adult pony she doesn’t know lands in front of her speaking in a stern tone, it makes sense she’s been a little scared, even if it weren’t Fluttershy) and backs up a few steps closer to Starlight.

Starlight gets a mockingly sweet smile on her face “Oh, I was just reminding these two colts how hurtful teasing can be.”

Wait, she was what? That doesn’t even make sense!

Twilight’s eyes narrow. “Well, don’t!”

I join the other three foals in saying, “Huh?”

Twilight blinks, uncertainty entering her expression. “I mean... you were?”

Starlight nods. “Of course! In a world where everypony is unique, some are bound to feel,” she starts gently mussing up Fluttershy’s mane and I have to resist the urge to literally bite her leg off, “more special than others. But that isn’t a license to be cruel,” she gives us a sinister smirk, “is it?”

Twilight looks really uncertain. “No, of course not...”

Trying to think of a way to get this situation working in our favour, I glance back to the three foals... when I’m suddenly struck with a thought. Neither of these three know Twilight at this time, which would mean...

A sly smirk forms on my own lips, mirroring Starlight’s. Oh, she done fucked up, big time.

“Um, I’ve a question,” I interrupt in an innocent tone, like a foal asking a teacher a question, even raising my hoof as if in class.

Starlight gives me that fake sweet smile. “Yes?”

I look to the other three foals. “Um, you do realize we’re all in the presence of royalty, right?”

A look of confusion passes over all of the others, Starlight’s turning into a confused frown as I indicate to Twilight.

A second later, the other three foals gasp and all bow.

“Wha-what are you doing?” Starlight turns to them, her tone more annoyed than before.

“She’s a princess,” Hoops says, before standing back up. “We’re all meant to bow to a princess.”

“Are you new?” Dumb-Bell asks, looking at Twilight in curiosity. “I don’t remember hearing anything about a new Alicorn princess.”

Starlight is staring with her mouth hanging open in shock as I give her a smug smirk. Oh, yeah. Didn’t think that one through too well, did ya, bitch?

Twilight nods. “I am new. Um...” she looks to me with an expression that asks “What do I do now?”

I just smile calmly to the three foals. “Well, I think the princess would like you two,” I indicate to the two colts, “to race that filly, Rainbow Dash.”

“Race Rainbow Cra...?” Hoops begins, before trailing off, looking uncertain and ashamed about something.

I cock an eyebrow. “What?”

“We probably shouldn’t call her Crash,” Dumb-Bell says, looking just as ashamed. “It’s not nice.”

Starlight gets a twinkle in her eyes and I see the problem, but also a quick solution.

“True, but what about racing her? No harm in that, right?”

“I dunno,” Hoops rubs his neck. “She’s a pretty fast flyer, really. I don’t think we’d stand much of a chance.”

Oh, God damn you, Starlight Glimmer! You taught these two to be nice and now it’s harder to get them to race. Think, Screwball, think! You’re running out of time!

“Well, I think you could at least give her a good run for her money,” Twilight thankfully comes to my rescue, giving a playful smile. “In fact, as a princess of Equestria, I hereby request you, Hoops and Dumb-Bell, to race Rainbow Dash. And maybe Fluttershy would like to start the race?”

Fluttershy squeaks, but has a cute smile on her face.

“Um, okay, then,” Hoops says, looking towards the sky, no doubt looking for Rainbow.

“No!”

The three foals yelp and take a few steps back from Starlight’s angry outburst.

She quickly tries to calm down, but you can see the worry entering her eyes and the nervous smile isn’t making her act any more convincing. “You can’t race her! You’re not as fast. She’ll beat you easily!”

Twilight frowns. “Hey. That’s no way to speak to foals!”

Starlight glares at her, her horn flaring. “They will not race her!”

Suddenly, a bubble of magic appears around the three. They cry out in alarm, Fluttershy the most terrified of them all.

“Hey, let us out!” Hoops demands, banging on the bubble while Dumb-Bell tries to comfort Fluttershy.

“Starlight, stop this right now and let them go!” Twilight demands.

The unicorn glares back at her. “No! I refuse to let you and your friends form your bond!”

Before I can react, Spike and Twilight are pulled through the portal, which suddenly opened up above them, taking them to that war future Starlight stopping the Rainboom caused last time.

I turn to her, snarling. “You’ll pay for that, Starlight Glimmer!”

“Try me, little filly!” she gives me a sinister grin. “I stopped the Rainboom, regardless of how it happened!”

“Leave Fluttershy alone!”

I blink. I know that voice.

Before I can properly respond, there’s a massive boom and I’m blinded by colour right after seeing a cyan blur smash into Starlight.

The boom sends me tumbling backward, before I notice the sound of screams as well as become aware of the wind rushing against my face.

Shaking my head, I look around and realizing I’ve been blowing off the clouds, as have the other three foals, likely due to Starlight’s spell breaking when that blur smashed into her.

Regaining my bearings, I grab Hoops and Dumb-Bell in my magic, looking around frantically for Fluttershy, only to see her several feet below, being carried by a flock of butterflies.

Huh. Guess whatever that boom was startled them like I did before. Well, at least that went according to— wait a minute!

I look up, seeing the remnants of a Rainboom dissipating in the sky.

“What just happened?” Dumb-Bell asks as I hold him and Hoops in place while my brain goes a million miles a second.

The Rainboom happened... but it was sooner than it should’ve been. Likely, filly Twilight isn’t actually in her exam yet... but, that doesn’t stop her from having become Celestia’s student. Heck, I’m sure she still was startled enough Celestia will have noticed her.

Rarity and Applejack? Yeah, they’re probably good now. Pinkie, most likely. That just leaves Fluttershy and maybe Rainbow, if she didn’t just get her mark now. Speaking of which...

“Hey! That crazy unicorn’s still holding us in her magic!” Hoops’ voice catches my attention.

Whoops.

I let them go and they fall for a moment, before catching themselves.

“Hey! Where’d Fluttershy go?!” Dumb-Bell asks in a worried tone.

I point down and both their eyes widen in fear, before they shoot down in that direction.

Hmm. Starlight’s actions may not have been so bad this time around, if I didn’t know where the future leads, that is.

Glaring, I fly off, following the contrail left behind when Dashie hit Starlight. I find Starlight glaring as she holds the filly in her magical grip.

“Starlight Glimmer!” she turns at the sound of my scream, only to be met with my hoof as it smashes into her.

We both tumble through the air, myself keeping a firm grip on the older mare.

“Do you have any idea what you meddling with the timeline did last time?!” I snarl.

She snorts. “Didn’t get the chance before I was whisk back when Twilight used my spell.”

Wait. So, she doesn’t know about the war with the Crystal Empire? Oh, my God! That means she has no clue how horrible her actions are!

Before I’m given more of a chance to think about this, the time portal opens up and Starlight is whisked back through, myself being pulled along for the ride.

I don’t get to gain my bears though, as Starlight tosses me off of her and I feel myself collide with something soft, hearing a pair of familiar grunts, before I feel a light Sleep Spell getting put on me, too fast for my confused mind to catch up on enough to stop.

“This’ll keep you three quiet for a bit!” is the last thing I hear, before everything goes dark.

Author's Note:

If you're wondering about the alternate timeline, go HERE. I got permission from the author to have this story be canon with mine, so go check it out to see what Twilight and Spike got up to while Screwy was left in the past.

Next chapter, Screwy gets some well needed revenge on a certain Queen Cheese Legs.


That's all for now. Til Next time, later everypony.

PreviousChapters Next