• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 2,895 Views, 47 Comments

Tales of the Equestria Girls - SirScribe



Twilight and Spike learn two things: magic and humans usually don't mix AND hands aren't the only things Twilight doesn't understand.

  • ...
8
 47
 2,895

...my prey

If you asked around Equestria, or Earth or any dimension, you'd learn of one prison. The greatest prison in the history of the Multiverse has been and always will be Tartarus. Gods, demigods, mortals and monsters shared the same status within this horrendous prison. The further in you go into Tartarus, the worst criminals would find and the tortures they would be experiencing.

Humans called Tartarus Hell or Hades. Equestrians call it a superprison. Gods call it...

Well, one god calls it home.

Deep in the center of the never-ending cave, a medieval castle built of solid red stone stood proud for all to see. Pushing past bedrock and billions of different prisons, the castle served as a reminder that someone powerful lived there. The towers were decorated with etchings in the brick, detailing the destruction of various worlds and dimensions. Along with images of destruction, there were images of monsters new and old roaming unknown countries.

In the throne room in the center of the castle, a lone humanoid sat next to a stone fountain. Instead of water, the fountain spewed a liquid that almost resembled the night sky. Stars, planets and galaxies could be seen from the water in the basin below. The humanoid was wearing a bright red suit with slicked black hair. In his hand was a lit cigarette. As it kept burning, the world around him continued to heat up.

The door nearby swung open, revealing two individuals. One was wearing a blue suit with a wool bag over his face. The other wore a leather coat and army boots. His head had no face, instead it was a bare skull with a gold crown on top of it. Upon entering the room, the skull man threw the bagged man into the center of the room and proceeded to exit.

The man on the throne straightened in his seat. "KRAOS! Stay where you are!" he commanded.

The skull man, Kraos, stopped in his tracks and faced the red suited man. He moved to the blue suited man and forcibly removed the bag, revealing the face of Tangled Minds. His face bruised and cut in various places. The one thing he was missing was his puppet controller, now useless in the human world.

The man on the throne rose up. "I will deal with you later, Kraos," he said.

"I understand, My Lord," he responded.

Tangled looked back at Kraos, his sponsor, and back at the man on the throne. His eyes widened in fear. "Yo-you're hi-"

"SILENCE!" the man boomed.

Tangled bowed his head. The man tossed his cigarette into the cosmic fountain before pacing before Tangled. "So, you took a deal by my brother to destroy planet Earth to fulfill the status quo. In exchange for your service, you would be promised a seat in my Pantheon, correct?" the man asked.

Tangled nodded, his eyes only following the shoes. "You have also been sentenced to Tartarus for manipulating the mortal population of three settlements and attempted to kill King Cosmos and assume the throne for yourself. While there were no innocent casualties, you were found guilty and banished here for..." the man spawned a scroll and unrolled it. "10 lifetime sentences? Wow, I must say that this is surprising. I was hoping for at least double."

Tangled smiled. It was his original plan to have innocent casualties so he could appeal to the masses that alicorns were more dangerous as rulers than any other species. The man noticed his smug look and calmly rolled up the scroll. Kraos began to sweat, which was impossible since he had no sweat glands. "So, let me ask you something, Mr. Minds..."

The man began swinging the scroll at Tangled's head. The loud clanks echoed through the castle walls, making Kraos flinch as the gold scroll continued to batter his head. "WHY. WOULD. I. EVER. GIVE. A FAILED CRIMINAL. GODHOOD?!"

Tangled fell to the ground as the man delivered the final blow. "Even if you succeeded, your resume is not at all impressive! I can do the exact same kind of magic with half a percent of my power and still achieve victory! You are owed NOTHING!" the man boomed.

Tangled began shaking. "M-my Lord, p-p-p-please hear me out. I only wanted to spread your glory and have all fear your name. I do not wish godhood when watching Your Majesty fulfill what needs to be is more of a reward. Humans now fear your inevitable destruction, My Lord. I have done what ne-"

The man raised a hand to silence him. He eyed Kraos, how had said nothing since he was busy juggling his head and his crown with a live grenade. The grenade, however, would not explode in his hand. "The experiment, however angry I am that you both failed your missions, is successful," the man said as his attention shifted from his brother to Tangled. "The human population now fears my power, and my brother's disciples will continue to cause chaos in my name. I must say, this outcome was more profitable that I thought."

Tangled smiled. The red man, instead of praising Tangled, snapped his fingers. The ground around the Equestrian went ablaze, creating the Omega symbol. Tangled began panicking as the flames surrounded him. The man reached into his jacket pocket and removed a silver case. He opened it and removed a fresh cigarette. He stuck it in the fire as he began to smoke. "Your contribution is noted, Tangled Minds. You bravely stood against humans AND the Equestrian princess, Twilight Sparkle. You have sparked fear into their hearts while also completing your first magic spell in over a thousand years," he said.

The man thrust his hand out, conducting a spell on Tangled. The Equestrian groaned in pain as his bones began to shrink as his hands and feet turned into hooves. His suit melted, instead turning into his blue coat. Kraos reattached his head to see a blue unicorn in the Omega. His cutie mark was his puppet controller.

Tangled wearily looked upon his Lord in fear. "You proved my theory a success, but you failed in your mission. You are a disgrace to this court, Tangled Minds. You are not worthy to stand in the court of Armageddon. Now, BEGONE!"

Changing the spell, the man, Armageddon, reached into the base of Tangled Minds' horn. The unicorn screamed in pain as his horn began to crack. A blue light began emit from the base as Kraos looked on in horror. Tangled's screams faded as the base of the horn erupted in magical energy. Inside the base was his Magic Core. The energy backfire was enough to silence Tangled for good.

Armageddon reached in and grabbed the Magic Core while Kraos looked down at Tangled's lifeless body. A river of a blue liquid leaked out of the base of the horn as it dripped onto the stone floor. Armageddon juggled the Magic Core along with his cigarette case while his brother looked upon in disappointment. "Brother, how could you-"

A mysterious force tossed Kraos across the room and into one of the stone pillars. Armageddon pocketed his silver case as he slowly approached his bone-headed brother. "Get up," he quietly commanded.

Kraos struggled to get to his feet. Before he could, Armageddon kicked him in the ribs, bringing him back to meet the cold floor. "I said: get up," he repeated.

Kraos reached out to grip his brother's jacket. Armageddon smacked his hand away and kicked him again, this time through a set of doors and onto a balcony overlooking Tartarus. "GET UP!" the brother commanded.

The bone-headed king simply lied on the ground. "My brother, have mercy upon me," he pleaded.

Armageddon's laugh echoed through the never-ending prison. "Mercy? I GAVE YOU ONE SIMPLE JOB, KRAOS! Not only did you disobey, you defected from your assignment and attempted to overshadow your brother! What was your mission?!"

"My Lord, I only did what I felt was necessary. I still carry your Word throughout the-"

"WHAT. WAS. YOUR. MISSION?!" Armageddon repeated.

Kraos began to cower. "The Time Lord," he answered meekly.

"Yes, the damn Time Lord! Not the human population, and definitely not the Equestrian royals! The Time Lord, the Doctor, was and still is your only mission. In what reality did you think I would be happy that you disobeyed a direct order? !" Armageddon boomed. He grabbed Kraos by his neck and hoisted him over the ledge. With a snap of the fingers, Armageddon opened the ground of Tartarus, revealing an entrance further into the pit. "Look down."

Kraos did as he was instructed. He began to scream and writhe in his brother's grip, loosening his grip. "I trusted you with great power and a greater responsibility to our cause, brother! I gave you an order, and I did NOT want anything else done except what I asked you to do. I don't care what you do, Mr. Mad King K., but keep it in the Equine dimension! I want the Time Lord in my throne room, or you're going in the Pit!" Armageddon threatened.

Kraos began nodding frantically. "I understand, My Lord! I beg you, have mercy!"

Armageddon smiled before throwing his brother back into the throne room. With another snap of his fingers, Armageddon resealed the Pit outside his castle. He slammed the doors behind him as he entered the room. "I want a regular report, Kraos. It is only a matter of time until we lose this window of opportunity, and if it closes, we will never have another chance at this again. Great powers are at work, brother, and I want you to understand that. I want everything to be perfect. Do we understand each other?"

The Mad King rubbed his neck and readjusted his crown. He shook his head as he moved toward the doors leading out of the throne room. His brother's voice boomed once again. "Kraos!"

He spun in his place. "Yes, My Lord?"

"Dispose of the body into the Pit. Once that is done, continue with your mission. You are relieved," Armageddon said.

Kraos gave his salute: A fist with an Omega ring over his heart. "Hail Armageddon!" The Mad King snapped his fingers and Tangled Minds' body morphed into a wrapped Christmas present with the sticker that read:

TO: THE PIT

FROM: KRAOS XOXO

The present vanished along with the sender, leaving Armageddon alone in his throne room. He tossed the dislodged Magic Core up into the air as he disappeared in a cloud of red smoke. All that remained was the scorch mark on the floor.

Author's Note:

The Equestria Girls will return
In
Nightmare in Paradise

Thank you everyone for making it this far and for the support. I will give the Equestria Girls storyline a break to go back to Whooves N' Jack, and then the Destiny Saga will continue. Thank you again and Flutter On!

Comments ( 4 )

7012827 It would remove all magic on the human world, including the magic of Sunset's book. Without its twin, I would imagine connecting Equestria to the human world would be difficult for the journal

7236821 Technically this story isn't set in the U.S. so these names can exist somewhere

7032537 Yeah, dropping those Atomic bombs on Japan may not have been the right thing to do but it or something like it needed to be done or far more people would have died what would likely have been worse deaths. It was Atomic bombs or a long slow bloody genocide of Japan.

Wait is it over???

Login or register to comment