• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 2,896 Views, 47 Comments

Tales of the Equestria Girls - SirScribe



Twilight and Spike learn two things: magic and humans usually don't mix AND hands aren't the only things Twilight doesn't understand.

  • ...
8
 47
 2,896

Searching for bacon hair

Rainbow rubbed her head as Fluttershy applied the bandage. "Is this really necessary? I feel fine," she protested.

"Do you want to bleed out through your head?"

"...no."

"Then quit complaining," Fluttershy said.

Rainbow sighed. Fluttershy rolled her eyes as she forcible tied the bandages together, earning a yelp from the superstar athlete. "There you go, but you still have a bit of a concussion so you should head to the hospital. I'll drive you over there," Fluttershy said.

"But I..."

A stern look from Fluttershy spoke for her. Rainbow chuckled as she slowly rose to her feet. "Following you."

Fluttershy presented a big smile as the two walked off to her car, leaving their friends behind. Applejack was still dazed from the puppet man's hypnotic sneak attack while Vinyl had a full on migraine. The sound of sirens grew closer as the girls realized they had a lot of explaining to do. Twilight continued to write in Sunset's magic journal to the Princesses while Sci-Twi tinkered with her EMP ray gun.

Twilight sighed as she closed the book. "Okay, I got nothing," she said.

Spike climbed up to Twilight and nuzzled her. "WHAT?! That means someone has your something! Who took it?" Pinkie shrieked. "Was it you?!" She spun around with a detective's hat upon her head and gestured to Sunset.

Sunset immediately threw her hands up. "I only stole her crown!"

Rarity facepalmed. "Perhaps I should've stayed home tonight," she mumbled.

"No Pinkie, I mean I have no idea what or who we're dealing with," Twilight said.

Pinkie smiled as she removed the handcuffs that somehow made their way to Sunset's wrists. "Looks like someone paid your bail, Shimmer." Then she walked away, leaving everyone confused for a moment. Sunset rubbed her wrists as she turned to the rest of the girls.

Both Twilights eyed each other. "You know, I don't think that counts as another experience with handcuffs," Sunset said.

Rarity smiled. "Had some experiences with handcuffs, darling?"

Sunset nodded. "I've been arrested a few times, in case you're wondering."

Rarity's smile instantly faded. "You wha...huh?"

Both Twilights started laughing. "And there was that guy in my Geometry class who also used them on me. That was a weird day though, so..."

Sci-Twi blushed. "Ooookaaythat'senoughSunset! Canwemovethisalong?"

The girls all agreed. Twilight held up the magic journal. "Okay, the princesses have said that they don't have any leads, but they'll look into it. They are also going to lock down the portal until it's safe to open it again and we catch whoever this guy is," she said.

"I'm guessing Equestrian," Sunset said. "Whoever it was surely knew their magic."

Vinyl raised her head. "Agreeing with you all the way," she said in a daze.

Rarity placed a hand on the DJ's head. "Want me to drive you home?"

"Naahh it's cool, Tavi is picking me up," she said. "'sides, I ain't that bad, am I?"

Everyone looked at Twilight. "Don't look at me, I don't know much about hypnosis!"

Everyone then turned to Sunset, who flashed everyone the finger. "Hypnosis will cause similar reactions such as dizziness and fatigue, so it's good that she's getting picked up by Octavia," she said.

Vinyl laughed. "Ain't sure."

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Bout what?"

"Tavi, or that Neon Lights guy. Tough, tough choices," the DJ muttered.

Rarity nodded carefully. "Anyway, what are we going to do?"

"Probably just be on the lookout for this guy until he shows himself. We got nothing to go on," Sunset said.

Sci-Twi nodded in agreement. "I better get back home. Now that I know how to use this thing, I think I can get an advanced model out by tomorrow if I have the time," she said.

Twilight grabbed the gun from her doppelgänger's hand. She raised the weapon into the air, inspecting the human invention. "This is pretty cool!"

"Yeah, until someone in Equestria figures out the same technology and uses it for their bid for the Equestrian throne," Spike said.

"I probably should've thought about that before," Sunset said.

Twilight mocked a sad face. "Does that mean we never meet each other?"

The girls all laughed. "Just for that, I'm gonna steal your crown when you least expect it," Sunset retorted.

"Good luck with that Sunny," Twilight countered.

Sunset blushed. "Thank you very much Twi-Shine."

Now Twilight blushed as Sunset laughed. "Oh it's on."

Spike started laughing. "Girls? Not in public."

Sunset raised the finger. Spike only stuck his tongue out as they all got to their feet. Sci-Twi grabbed her EMP gun and put it in a box. "Gotta head out," she said. "Can I get a lift Rarity?"

Rarity smiled. "But of course. Vinyl?"

A nearby honk alerted the girls. "Vinyl? What have you done this time that deserves a late-night pickup?!" Octavia shouted from the parking lot.

Vinyl smiled. "That's my ride. Sorry again for whatever the hell happened," she said. She picked herself up and slowly trudged toward Vinyl's car. The cello player burst from her car to help her roommate.

Pinkie chuckled lightly. "I'm calling it. You cannot be roommates with someone without something going on on the side," she said.

Rarity rolled her eyes. "What they do at home is none of our business," she said.

"Ah hear ya," Applejack said. "Ah don't know about ya, but ah'm fixing on goin' home an sleeping fer the weekend."

Sunset chuckled. "Maybe Principal Celestia will call for tomorrow off because of this," she said.

Both Twilights were appalled. "Even missing one day of school is a bad idea considering that day could be reserved for any given lesson, and since we're all juniors, it wouldn't help us come graduation," Sci-Twi said.

Applejack shook her head. "Given what just happened, ah don't care."

"While speaking of it in a crude way," Rarity said. "I do see your point. One day to nurse our bruises wouldn't hurt."

Sci-Twi sighed. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I can work on this all day tomorrow and go visit my brother during the weekend."

They all exchanged their goodnights and headed their separate ways. Twilight and Spike followed Sunset to her car. As Sunset drove off, the police finally arrived on scene to find the park vacant.

And across the street, watching Sunset Shimmer drive off was Ms. Shimmer herself.


As the morning glow of the Sun filled her hotel room, Ms. Shimmer pressed RECORD on her voice recorder while placing the finishing touches on her web wall.

Field Log: Day 20 of Equis Case.

I have recently come into contact with what my employer had mentioned concerning strange happenings in Canterlot City. While I cannot determine where the energy readings are originating from, I have found something more...appealing. Upon my arrival, I came into contact with a young woman, 17 in age who appears with light-orange skin and blonde and red hair.

Upon investigating these reports, I have discovered that the subject resembles myself to the perfect detail. While there are small differences in appearance, I can conclude that there is a doppelgänger of myself around the city.

I will continue my investigation on the doppelgänger and return with a full report at the end of the day. For now, I must...

A loud knock came from the door. Ms. Shimmer jumped as she pressed the STOP button. She spun on her heel. No one knew she was here, and with her history snooping around the world, some people didn't like her as much as others. Reaching behind her, Ms. Shimmer brandished her perfectly legal firearm. She pressed herself onto the side of the door.

"Housekeeping," a womanly voice said.

She quietly moved the blinds and gave a sigh of relief. The hotel worker stood there with an impatient look on her face with her utility cart next to her. Ms. Shimmer replaced her weapon as she opened the door. "I-I didn't order any housekeeping," she said.

The lady sighed impatiently. "I'm sorry ma'am, but its mandatory every Saturday that all the rooms be serviced for the next week," she said.

Ms. Shimmer sighed. "Of course, how silly of me to forget that bit of information. Give me a minute before you can come in."

The lady shrugged as Ms. Shimmer closed the door. She returned to her bulletin board with all her notes and placed it in the closet. She tidied herself up before returning to the door to see the maid browsing on her phone. Ms. Shimmer simply stared at her as the maid laughed. Ms. Shimmer cleared her throat, alerting the maid. "Just don't touch the closet please," she said.

"Sure." The maid wheeled her cart into the unit. Ms. Shimmer sighed as she walked out and closed the door behind her. Already she was regretting leaving the board without any security. With her van keys in her hand, the ever-persistent private investigator began her day.


Trading her stupid white van for a compact car, Ms. Shimmer sighed as she downed her coffee. The fiery-haired P.I. sat in her car with a satellite device in her passenger seat. 100 yards from her was the Horseshoe Hill Apartments and her target: Sunset Shimmer.

Tracking down the teen wasn't easy for her, however, one wig and a police shield provided her with Sunset Shimmer's vehicle registration and current address. Ms. Shimmer smiled as she marveled at her impersonation skills. She adjusted the controls on her device to remove the static.

I don't get this! Sunset, how is this supposed to work? I keep moving it around and around and nothing is happening!

Have you tried pressing the buttons?

What do you think I'm doing?

Not pressing the buttons?

Ms. Shimmer laughed. While the target of her own investigation, she had to point out the stupidity of their earlier conversations. Sunset, you have more knowledge of this type of technology! You handle this!

A moment of silence. The target sighed heavily. I left you at the car dealership. How the hell did you get to the strip club?

I ran! I'm no good at the driving part yet.

Ms. Shimmer raised an eyebrow. The target was playing something, and she was in a strip club. Look, just hold down the button, but let go when you see the man come back. If he sees you, you get kicked out.

Ms. Shimmer turned up the volume. Sure enough, an older male voice was heard talking to someone in the game. She smiled as she focused on her coffee once again. They were playing Grand Theft Auto V.

As the fiery-haired detective finished her coffee, a red truck drove past her. Pulling her phone out to appear as a lost woman searching for directions, she eyed the driver. The driver was a young blonde woman in a country getup. She got out of the truck and reached into the back to pick up a crate of apples.

A quick Google search gave her the girl's identity: Applejack. According to her profiles, she worked on an apple farm with her family. The Sweet Apple page provided a link to volunteer for the harvest season in the Fall. The girl shared several connections with the target, including many at Canterlot High.

The girl disappeared into the apartment complex. Ms. Shimmer removed her headset and attempted to disguise herself for the inevitable confrontation with Applejack.

Applejack knocked on Sunset's door. The fiery-haired teen swung open the door with her Xbox One controller in her hand. "Applejack, hey!"

"Yer in luck with them new volunteers ya put on our page. Ah swear, its easier to work with more people than just with the two of us," Applejack said as she held out the crate.

Sunset smiled. "Thanks AJ. Come on in, I'm sure you have some time to kill," she said.

The apple farmer shrugged as she entered Sunset's apartment. Sitting in front of the TV was Spike pawing at the GTA V box on the ground. Twilight was simply staring at the screen, watching her character get a lap dance. "Ah see ah came at a bad time," Applejack said.

Sunset chuckled. "She got curious about what I had lying around as just started snooping around. She found the game and demanded that she learn how it works," she said.

Twilight raised a finger. "I didn't demand, you shoved the box in my face and said 'I dare you to play 20 minutes of this with a straight face.' I went along and lost after the first mission with the therapy guy," the princess of friendship said.

Sunset shrugged. "Nothing else on this Earth better explains the dark side of humanity than a video game centered around three criminals trying to make big money," she said.

"That's horrible," Twilight quipped.

Applejack eyed Spike, who had the box in his teeth. He shrugged and ran to Sunset's room to drop it off. "Ah leave y'all alone fer one day and y'all actin like yer the best friends fer life or somethin'," she said.

"Well if we were a little bit different in the past, and if we both ran into each other during our time in school, we could've been close," Sunset said.

"I got nervous my first day and tried asking you if you could show me around, but you were buried in that book of yours!" Twilight argued.

"I had homework, leave me alone," Sunset said. "I was looking for Princess Celestia when I saw a giant freakin' dragon suddenly appear. That was you, wasn't it?"

"No, that was me," Spike called from the bedroom. The girls all laughed as Applejack set the crate down on the table.

Back in her car, Ms. Shimmer lowered her headphones as she stared up at the apartment. She took one look at her coffee and threw it out the window. "Well that's a bunch of delusional freaks. Giant dragons and princesses. What next, they're magic?"

In the apartment, Applejack tossed Sunset a bottle of cider. "Sure is nice seein' ya grow aliking to that cider Sunset," she said.

Sunset took a swing. "Of course I like this stuff. Hell, I liked it even before I was reformed. Who else do you think stole from your barn all those times you had extras?"

Applejack smiled. "Ah know, ah saw ya tryin' to haul a few crates one night. Ya dropped a whole crate before running to yer car," she said. "Got it all on video."

Twilight eyed Sunset. "You stole from Applejack?"

"Twilight, if you knew what I did before you came along, I doubt you'd still wanna be friends with me. Besides, I had accepted the consequences for each offense and paid accordingly," Sunset said. "Part of reforming consists of accepting your past sins and working to perfect your future. That's why a lot of people go to confession."

Spike walked out of the bedroom with Sunset's slipper in his mouth. "I think the longer I stay as a dog, the stronger the urges to act like a dog become," he said.

"Why do you say that?" Sunset asked.

Spike chuckled nervously. "Promise you won't hate me?"

The smell reached the girls before they moved. They all exclaimed in disgust as Applejack threw the apples in the fridge while Sunset ran to the sink. She reached for the cleaning supplies, only to find out she was running low. Judging from the smell, it was a big mess. Sunset cursed as she eyed the former dragon.

Twilight started to gag as she covered her nose, thankful her senses were not as heightened as in Equestria. "I gotta go to the store to get some stuff. Twilight, wanna come with me?" Sunset asked.

She shook her head. "Applejack?"

"Ah'll do what ah *cough* can to get rid of the smell using what ah have. Twilight'll help me," she said.

Sunset nodded. "It'd be better if we had our magic," she said.

Twilight chuckled. "We have enough problems to worry about with magic. We'll contain the situation here."

Pray to Celestia you can, Sunset thought. She grabbed her car keys and ran out of her apartment.

Back outside, Ms. Shimmer had shut off her device and eyed the coffee she had thrown out. Obviously someone at the coffee shop put something in her drink to hallucinate. Sure enough, the target and her guests were talking about magic. As she replayed the conversation in her head, Ms. Shimmer tried to piece together exactly what her employer wanted.

Ms. Shimmer's eyes rose to see her target getting into her vehicle. She pulled out of her parking spot and drove past her. With her wig and alibi in place, Ms. Shimmer followed.


Ms. Shimmer worked in the aisle next to where Sunset was browsing, listening for anything that would make her a suspect in whatever the hell was happening. The case was what mattered most, not her personal reasons to locate her twin. As she continued "shopping", Sunset was heard humming one of the songs from the Rainbooms' last performance.

'We got the music in our hearts,

We're gonna tear this thing apart.

And the music of our friendship survives'

Ms. Shimmer raised an eyebrow. She never tried to sing, but this one could. She readjusted her glasses as she picked up the completely unnecessary bath sponge. She pulled out her phone and casually turned on the voice recorder that was installed.

"Heya Sunset," a male voice called out.

Both Sunsets muttered a curse. Lucky for Ms. Shimmer, the voice was coming from the other aisle. "Uh, hey Flash. What are you doing here?"

"I work here, remember?" the male voice said.

Already, Ms. Shimmer was picking up an ex-something vibe from these two. "Carpet cleaner?"

Sunset chuckled. "Had a bit of a mess back home. Nothing to worry about."

"Is that why you have surgical masks?"

Ms. Shimmer chuckled lightly. "Uh anyway, I've been meaning to ask you about something."

"I think getting back together isn't in the best interest for the both of us," Sunset said.

Damn! Ms. Shimmer thought.

The male voice chuckled. "I-I know. Spooky enough, that is the topic I wanted to talk to you about."

Sunset sighed heavily. "Are the rumors about you...true?"

Now Sunset laughed heavily, attracting the attention of everyone else in the aisle. "Heavens no, why do you think they are?"

"Well judging by the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands, people have a right to assume so. With the Friendship Games behind us and...whatever the hell happened, well, people seem to be getting it right now that Twilight goes to our school," the voice said.

Ms. Shimmer made a note to remember those key phrases. "Just because things have finally changed doesn't mean those rumors are true. Trixie is probably just spreading rumors again to become the center of attention."

"No, I just spoke to her. She thinks you're spreading the rumors," the boy said.

What a load of bull, Ms. Shimmer thought once again. Spreading rumors about yourself is the stupidest thing in the world and everyone knows it.

Sunset sighed. "Sounds like the old me."

There was a moment of silence. "I know our relationship was fake, but I want you to at least consider me as a friend." He chuckled. "Besides, remember what Princess Twilight said?"

Sunset laughed. "Friendship is magic!" they both said.

Ms. Shimmer rolled her eyes. "Delusional lunatics," she muttered.

The male voice chuckled. "Want me to help you out with anything?"

"I think that's it for know. Thanks again Flash, for not hating me more."

Flash laughed. "Who can hate the hero of Canterlot High? I swear Sunset, that big rainbow thing must've fried your brain."

"Remind me to punch you in the gut later."

Ms. Shimmer stopped her recording. "I swear either they know I'm here or they're all just potheads," she muttered. She grabbed the bottle of conditioner and walked toward the register. "At least I know more. I better talk to this Trixie about these rumors going around."


Ms. Shimmer munched on her little tin cup of nuts as she listened in on the target's various conversations. She had to muscle past her gagging as Sunset grumbled about cleaning up the mess in her bedroom. The apple farmer left once they finished, leaving the target, another subject known as Twilight Sparkle and a male voice in the apartment.

Beside the usual conversation about the target's original home, the night was relatively quiet. A pizza delivery car drove by, and within minutes, Ms. Shimmer was wishing she ordered pizza as well.

Capping the tin cup, Ms. Shimmer propped herself up to continue listening in. And that's it? Bread, tomato sauce and cheese? That doesn't seem possible, the younger voice said.

The target laughed. Believe it Twi, that's one of the things I like about this place. You can put anything on pizza, and believe me when I say that anything is possible.

The young voice mumbled happily. Ms. Shimmer had enough of this. She picked up her phone and ordered a pizza for pickup. So Twilight, I have to ask about a few things.

Your family?

Ms. Shimmer raised an eyebrow. Any luck?

I'm sorry Sunset, but Equestria is a big place. All you're giving me are names, but searching every single city and settlement is difficult. Trust me Sunset, I'm doing everything in my power.

"So she's alone?" Ms. Shimmer muttered.

Thank you Twilight for at least trying. It's just--I left with so much anger and Princess Celestia probably questioned them once I left. I'd hate if anything happened to them because of me.

Don't you worry Sunset, we'll keep looking. Besides, there are some places I haven't searched yet that are just out of the way.

Ms. Shimmer grabbed her notepad. "My doppelgänger is in distress due to a lack of family? I've been stalking a criminal who is really just scared out of her mind. I shouldn't be doing this," she said.

Her eyes drifted to her phone. "Obviously you know that and you still want me on this case. You gave me a game, but I decide how to play." Ms. Shimmer shut off her machine and started her car. She drove off to tackle her next big assignment: deciding what kind of wings go with her pizza.