• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 2,896 Views, 47 Comments

Tales of the Equestria Girls - SirScribe



Twilight and Spike learn two things: magic and humans usually don't mix AND hands aren't the only things Twilight doesn't understand.

  • ...
8
 47
 2,896

Aftermath and Revelations

Sci-Twi dropped her EMP gun as she tried to catch her breath. After the Friendship Games, she became familiar with who Sunset was and what was going on. While they answered some of her questions regarding the energy readings around Canterlot High, she still had questions regarding the terminology of the subject. Calling it magic was against every fiber of her scientific mind.

Today, she became a believer. Today, she watched as a man/pony from another dimension tried to take control over everything and destroy the world. Today, she fired her prototype EM Disruptor Ray at an alien threat and watched as he fell into Hell. Today, she watched one of her friends take several bullets to save another.

Sci-Twi's mind had no thought against what had happened today.

"Sunset? Sunset!"

Princess Twilight was now fully aware of what happened. She heard the shots ring out, and since her body was safe from the bullets, that meant that they went somewhere else. A moment of thought confirmed where they were: in Sunset's back. Her heart began racing as she tried waking Sunset up. The former Equestrian simply laid on top of her with her eyes sealed shut.

"SUNSET! SUNSET WAKE UP!"

Sci-Twi ran over to where the Equestrians were. She managed to roll Sunset off of Twilight, who then began to compress her chest. The sound of boots filled the hallway as the remaining members of the Rainbooms entered the room. When they arrived, they saw Twilight trying to wake Sunset up. At this point, she was on the point of screaming.

"What happened?" Applejack asked.

Twilight stopped compressing her chest as she looked up at her friend. Her eyes were filled with tears waiting to fall. "I-I, we were just ge-getting here a-and Tangled, he-he had a gun and..."

Applejack's heart dropped. "I-I was about to be hi-hit and she-she stood in the way. I-I can't believe it." She grabbed Sunset's shoulders and began shaking. "WAKE UP SUNSET!"

Thanks to Twilight's frantic tactics, Sunset's head hit the floor several times. "Oww," she grumbled.

Twilight's heart raced. She stopped shaking Sunset. "S-Sunset?"

"SUNSET ZOMBIE! KILL IT!" Pinkie shrieked.

Sunset's eyes widened. "NO PINKIE!"

"SUNSET!" they all exclaimed. Twilight was the first to hoist her to her feet and squeezed her in a Pinkie Pie Style Hug. The girls all took it as an invitation for a group hug, including Sci-Twi, who somehow got sucked into their team embrace.

Sunset, however, was in pain. She continued to voice her discomfort as the girls tightened their hold on her. "Breathe. Cant. Breathe! Back. Hurts," she muttered.

The girls all laughed as they broke the hug. "How did y'all survive? Where's Tangled?"

Princess Twilight gestured to her human counterpart. "She saw us go down with Tangled fired at us. He was so confused to see two of us or something, because he just stood there and let her fire that machine thing," she explained.

Rarity giggled. "Oh the benefits of having a twin," she exclaimed. "It would be simply fantastic to have a twin sister."

"Ya don't even like the sister ya have now," Applejack argued.

Rarity tossed her hair. "I'll have you know that I care deeply about Sweetie Belle, and from my statement, I wish to rephrase: Oh the benefits of having someone who looks exactly like you to show up when she's least expected," she said.

Both Twilight and Sunset chuckled. "It would get confusing though. Imagine two of everyone," Sunset said.

"I've already seen too many Pinkie Pies. I don't need to imagine it," Twilight said.

"Yeah, but what about Tangled? Did he run like the punk he is?" Rainbow questioned as she punched the air. "I have a boot with his name on it that's just itching for a delivery."

Sci-Twi rubbed the back of her head. "Wellll I may or may not have sent him back to-"

"Excuse me!"

The girls turned to see President Platinum still tied and on the floor. Her face was now bright red and her violet hair in need of a makeover. While she expressed impatience, she was relieved to see Sunset alive and well. Fluttershy walked over and quietly untied the president.

President Platinum was soon able to stand. She rubbed her wrists and straightened her clothes. "Well, I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting anything that happened today. Whoever, or whatever Tangled Minds was, I'm just glad he's gone," she said.

Both Equestrians only gawked at the president. "I have many questions for all of you, however with everything that has happened, I wouldn't be surprised if you girls just wanted to go back home."

Twilight smiled. "Are-are you Platinum?"

The president raised an eyebrow. "Um, well yes that is my name. I'm sorry, but you don't know who I am?"

"Oh no Your Highness, I know exactly who you are," she responded. Twilight bowed. "Princess Platinum, I am honored to be in this room with you."

The room was dead silent, save for Sunset's foolish attempts to mask her laughter. President Platinum only eyed each of the girls, searching for answers. "Umm, I'm sorry but-"

Sunset raised Twilight from her bow. "I'm so sorry Madam President. It's just, where we come from, there is a Princess Platinum as well. She was one of the original founders of our country."

"Whoa, no way!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "So the pony Platinum is even more important that she is?!"

"Rainbow!" Rarity exclaimed. "Surely President Platinum has yet to complete her agenda in office, so to assume that Twilight's version of her is more important than she is is ridiculous.

"But come on! President Platinum and Princess Platinum! The titles alone are waayyy out there," the cyan girl said.

"But Rainbow, titles are only titles. What happened to each of them is what makes them important," Fluttershy said.

"Well yeah, but-"

"Okay, I get it!" President Platinum exclaimed. The girls all turned to the President, who was now trying to clear her head. "Obviously I hit my head on something when I got hit. You girls aren't making any sense here. 'Pony Platinum'? 'Princess'? While Princess Platinum rolls off the tongue rather exquisitely, I'm afraid you girls are delusional."

"We ain't fibbing with ya, if yer thinking that," Applejack remarked.

"Applejack is right, Madam President. You see, everything that you had see and heard is completely and one hundred percent true. There really was..."

President Platinum raised her hand to silence Rarity. "Please, can we start from the beginning while I still have consciousness. I'm about ready to go to sleep for the remainder of my term after today," she said.

Applejack laughed. "Ah'm sure ya wanna do that Missy President, but y'all gotta believe us when we say we're tellin' the truth here. Ah doubt we can come up with a lie from the top of our heads," Applejack remarked.

The president shook her head. "Missy President, we ain't gone let this be easy, but y'all deserve the truth." Sensing no one was going to stop her, Applejack took a deep breath. "We're magic."

President Platinum couldn't hold in her laughter as it echoed through the room. The American President, still dazed from earlier, simply told his mom five more minutes as he began to snore. "Ma-magic? Oh you have to be joking! That is simply the-"

"Truth. That there is the hundred percent truth," Applejack said.

To confirm her claim, Applejack's magic began to kick into high gear. Her body glowed as she sprouted her pony ears and tail. The light shone throughout the room, catching the president's full attention. While it was not what she had expected, Sunset had to approve of Applejack's little plan. It somehow became more believable that they carried magic.

When the glow died down, Sunset turned to the president to see her jaw hitting the floor. Her eyes wide as every fiber of her being declared in unison: WHAT THE HELL?! The former Equestrian smirked. Gotcha.

President Platinum didn't try to compose herself right there. "Wha-wa huh? What on Earth was that?" she muttered.

Princess Twilight crossed her arms. "That is the truth." She extended her hand to the President. "Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. I hail from another world comprised of creatures who possess magic and lives in a peaceful society. I am also one of the four reigning Princesses of the land."

Fluttershy smiled as she quietly sealed the doors behind them. With complete privacy, Twilight continued. "And Madam President, we have a lot to discuss."


To say the talks between the two leaders went well was an understatement. At first, President Platinum questioned every bit of information that Twilight gave her. She tried following along, however, what can you expect when someone tells you that they come from a world that is completely impossible by the logical mind?

As the talks went on, even the remaining Rainbooms gained an education, especially on the topics Sunset had not covered with them following the Battle of the Bands. Not even Principal Celestia nor Vice Principal Luna had any idea, although they both agreed that not knowing was better than knowing and getting confused.

As Twilight wrapped up her talks, Applejack's eyes continued to graze Sunset's back, where various bullet holes made their mark. Traces of her orange skin showed underneath, dissolving any thought about her grabbing a bullet proof vest.

"-And with the fall of the Windigos in 24 B.C., the monarchy of the Unicorn, combined with the Pegasi armies and the Republic of the Earth Ponies, established a unified colony that later turned into a thriving kingdom that is now known as...Equestria," Twilight said as she breathed in a big gulp of air.

President Platinum, who had the American President escorted out by an apologetic Secret Service agent, simply nodded in understanding. "I see, and this Tangled Minds is..."

"He is, sorry was, a criminal who had the ability to control the minds of anyone he wishes for a short period of time. He attempted to assassinate a king using his own subjects and soldiers, and later failed. He was locked away in Tartarus for eternity until..."

"Until he escaped?" the President asked. The two Equestrians nodded. "I see now that I had hired a man whose only goal was to bring Hell on Earth, but why would he do that when he could've just done it in your world?"

Sunset and Twilight eyed each other. Sunset spoke. "I-uh, I don't know. It is strange to target a world that he had no knowledge of. We cannot say we know why, or how he got here in the first place."

"Ah say it was durin' them Friendship Games," Applejack weighed in.

The girls agreed. "However he came through here, please know that he wasn't the first and he surely won't be the last one we will see," Sunset said.

President Platinum sighed heavily. "So our world is in danger, and our only hope is you eight? Isn't there someone else who could..."

Twilight shook her head. "Unlike Sunset, I don't live on this side of the dimensional plane. I have to return home soon so I don't cause any confusion. A princess disappearing for an extended period of time is the last thing Equestria needs... again."

"But y'all can count on us to get the job done. That there is a promise," Applejack pledged.

The girls all agreed. Twilight smiled as she threw an arm over Sunset. "And you can count on them, because I do as well. Our worlds, whether we know it or not, have influenced each other in many great ways. Personally, I believe we were once one world before mythology separated us. Unicorns, minotaurs, centaurs and so many more mythological creatures that humanity once believed all exist in our world," Twilight said.

Sunset smiled. "And if anything, I have faith in my most faithful student: Sunset Shimmer."

The former Equestrian quickly spun to meet Twilight's eyes. The former flashed a small smile before returning her gaze to the president. "I do ask that their identities remain confidential. We already had to deal with one human trying to capitalize on magic, and I don't wish to imagine my friends under a microscope," the princess requested.

"Consider it a favor from the Platinum Administration. On behalf of the country of Equis, and of planet Earth, I thank you," Platinum said as she gave a warming smile.

"...whoa."

Everyone turned to Rainbow Dash, who was taken back by her words. "We-we're heroes!"

President Platinum smiled. "Considering I have an application from the Equis Royal Air Force with your name on it Miss Dash, I must agree with you. I don't know how long you all will be serving us with these magical dilemmas, but I can guarantee that your service in our armed forces will certainly be one to be formally recognized. I look forward to hearing from you all, especially you Princess Sparkle."

Twilight smiled. Sci-Twi simply kicked her ray gun. "So, what do we do now? Press will certainly be at the front door demanding an explanation regarding today's events," she said.

"Indeed. While they continue to exercise their right to press, they are certainly hellhounds at best. I can lead them down the right path without giving out any names. As for me? I will give you all this: a Presidential Gold Seal."

President Platinum walked over to the door and knocked three times. The door opened and a Secret Service agent handed her a briefcase. She smiled at the girls as she set it on a table and opened it. "Over the course of the past three months, I silently created the Presidential Gold Seal. Basically, it is a favor from myself to any whom I deem worthy of having such a favor. I carried a few with me just in case I encountered such wonderful specimens like yourselves."

Reaching in, Platinum removed several envelopes. Each envelope had no name on any of them, however, each was sealed with a golden wax seal. The seal of the President of Equis. One by one, she handed each of the Rainbooms an envelope. "I will pass along your names to future generations of the presidency in hopes they continue this new trend and they will have the choice to reward those whom they deem worthy as well. Each envelope is one guaranteed favor from the Equian Government. Taxes, however are not covered."

Rainbow Dash cursed under her breath, earning a chuckle from the surrounding girls. President Platinum giggled as she handed Rainbow hers. "This is my way of thanking you for saving my life. Keep these close just in case. Your country thanks you," she said.

The Rainbooms all thanked her. President Platinum let them out of the mayor's office and towards the rear of the building. Escaping the press, the girls all disappeared into the alleyway and past the press. As they walked away from City Hall, President Platinum approached the steps with the American President in tow.


Later that evening, President Platinum addressed the world during a live press conference. She stood between the Equis flag and the United States flag. Behind her was the official seal of the President of Equis.

Good evening everyone. I will briefly go over the events that had transpired this morning during a summit and press conference between myself and the President of the United States. First off, I wish to thank First Responders, who beat the odds to arrive on scene and save the lives of those caught in the cross fire.

Today, during a summit at precisely 10:03 a.m., the world was held hostage as a small terrorist cell attempted to take the lives of the leaders of the United States and Equis. In a scene that is difficult to say, several armed gunmen opened fire in a room filled with innocent civilians. The mastermind of the terror operation also participated and even directly threatened the U.S. President and myself. Thankfully, the terror cell was quickly defeated.

According to eyewitness accounts, a small team of anti-terrorist specialists were already present in the facility and quickly pacified this act of terrorism. While their names will not be released to the public, their heroic efforts continue to speak for themselves as they detained the mastermind. In custody is the criminal known as Tangled Minds: a former Secretary of Defense to the Platinum Administration. Obviously someone lied on their resume.

Tangled Minds was apprehended and taken off-site to a secure facility where he will be prosecuted for his actions. Along with these heroes, Secret Service agents managed to maintain control of the situation. My thanks go out to the Secret Service as well as these...these Guardians of Harmony. The remaining participants have also been detained and are awaiting their trial.

To these Guardians of Harmony and the United States Secret Service: Equis thanks you. The President and I will continue our summit in the morning, details have already been forwarded to your supervisors. Thank you, and God bless.


A flash of light lit up the mayor's office as the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation swept the room. Even though it was on Equis soil, the American government had a right to investigate the incident that nearly claimed the lives of two world leaders. The United States Government pulled all the stops, including interviewing all the Secret Service agents who were in attendance and, according to President Platinum, assisted in defeating the unknown terrorist cell.

The room was littered with everything they were looking for: the cell phone Tangled Minds used to try to collect the President's Football, the rope that was used to restrain President Platinum, and even the wooden puppet controller that was left without a master. The room was off-limits to the mayor until the investigation was complete.

The Federal photographer finished as he snapped the final piece of evidence in the room: the 8mm semiautomatic pistol that was stolen from the President and used before being abandoned by the suspect, who had yet to appear in any state or federal prison. As the FBI cleared the room, one more individual entered with a steel suitcase. She set the suitcase onto the floor and approached the last remaining agent. Flashing her badge, she was given the details.

"What you heard from President Platinum is what we got here: both presidents were held hostage while the suspect attempted to obtain the Nuclear Football from the President. According to Platinum, agents from this so-called 'Guardians of Harmony' showed up and apprehended the suspect," the agent said.

The woman nodded. From the shadows cast from the room, Ms. Shimmer kneeled by the table. "And here? I'm assuming this is where President Platinum was during the duration of the confrontation, correct?"

The agent nodded. "Let me ask you this: how did these Guardians manage to sneak into City Hall, recognize this terror cell, manage to keep casualties at a zero and apprehend the suspect without anyone seeing them? If you ask me, it sounds like the Boogyman Scenario," Ms. Shimmer said as she removed her glasses.

"I-uh, I don't know how to answer that. Excuse me, but the Boogyman Scenario?"

"It's something of my own invention. Someone creates a false story based around several loose facts that seem impossible while keeping the truth just visible enough for people to see what they want. An agent in the shadows with just enough of a familiar face, for the most part. What I don't understand is how this happened with, not one person, but more. Do we have a list of who entered the conference room?"

The agent shook his head. "As I said, miss, what you see is what you get."

Ms. Shimmer nodded skeptically. She replaced her glasses as she scanned the room. She began pacing the room before stepping on something metal. Peering down, she saw the handgun used by Tangled Minds. She kneeled down once more and held her hand over the barrel. "And this?"

"The President's personal firearm. Prints ID the last known user as Tangled Minds, yet..."

"It's been fired," she said as she slapped on a pair of latex gloves. "May I?"

The agent said nothing, allowing Ms. Shimmer to pick up the gun. She disengaged the magazine and inspected it. "There are five rounds missing," the agent spoke up. "And besides the residue found by forensics, we don't know much more."

"Tangled shot someone multiple times, but there is no sign of any impact, nor blood. Ballistic vest worn by a member of the Guardians?" Ms. Shimmer asked.

"No evidence for or against ballistic armor," he said. "Besides, we would've found the bullets. There is not one drop of blood anywhere in this room."

Ms. Shimmer inspected the gun as she replaced the magazine. "So, who was Tangled shooting at, and why isn't there any bullets in the room? Interesting..."

Ms. Shimmer turned to the door as she shut her eyes. In front of her was the unknown Guardians taking the bullets while Tangled fired frantically. For some strange reason, she pictured herself standing there doing just that. Ms. Shimmer opened her eyes. "I'm taking this. Any new information regarding the investigation goes directly to me, and if you find Tangled Minds, I want him."

The agent said nothing as Ms. Shimmer placed the firearm in her suitcase along with a blurry photo of Sunset's she-demon form and a broken shard from one of the Dazzlings' gemstones. She sealed the suitcase.

Her next piece of evidence would later change her fate. For the better or for the worst.

Author's Note:

Guardians of Harmony is currently trademarked by Hasbro, however remaining details surround the term have not yet been released. There are about two or three more chapters left planned for this story before I return to our regularly scheduled program.