• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 2,896 Views, 47 Comments

Tales of the Equestria Girls - SirScribe



Twilight and Spike learn two things: magic and humans usually don't mix AND hands aren't the only things Twilight doesn't understand.

  • ...
8
 47
 2,896

Sunset Shimmer hates painful wubs

1900 hours, Everfree Park

Ever since her reputation improved since the Battle of the Bands, Sunset Shimmer found herself in the middle of many school gatherings and social events. The Rainbooms gained a wonderful DJ, a pony turned guitarist and a singer with the singing voice of an angel (Don't tell Sunset we said that). At some point, they even gained the human twin of that vocalist, which caused a bit of confusion for them.

Sunset had been invited to DJ-PON3's bi-monthly concert in Everfree Park just outside of town. Being both the definition of reformation and a bearer of Equestrian magic, Sunset kindly accepted and even brought Princess Twilight and Spike along for the ride. Of course, it was still Twilight's mission to learn more about human culture.

"-and then the fortified city fell! Its an incredible feat of tactical ingenuity and perfect modifications to pre-existing obstacles! If the Changelings attacked the same way these humans took this Constant-whatever that place is called, we would've actually lost!" Twilight exclaimed.

Sunset chuckled. Far from the actual concert, the three Equestrians, including Spike, sat near the punch bowl. Twilight, with a battered history book in her hands, pain no attention to the fact that Sunset brought the three of them drinks and Spike was on his third bowl of punch. "It's called Constantinople. You know, the city was the center of the Eastern Roman Empire and the beacon of religion until-"

Twilight ignored her as she resumed reading the book. Sunset sighed as she leaned back in the bench. "I can't believe you managed to get onto a college campus and actually bought the book. That money could've been used for, I don't know, maybe dinner."

Twilight waved her comment off. "I know about fast food so don't worry about that."

Spike laughed. "Forget it Sunset, once she gets into something, it'll take a miracle to get her out of it," he said.

"I know, because I'm the same way. Remember that I was Celestia's student first," she said.

Twilight looked up. "That reminds me, Princess Celestia said you should come though the portal at least for your birthday, which I hear is coming up," she said. "You are coming through, right?"

Sunset face palmed. It was a matter of time before that was brought up. "Well, I can't promise anything. I'm turning 17 in human years and Pinkie is dragging me somewhere for my birthday, and then Rarity is dragging me to this place called Catalina for the weekend after. I can squeeze time to come to Equestria, but no promises."

"I'm dragging you through if I have to," Twilight muttered as she scanned the Crusades.

Sunset grinned. "And if I decide to fight back?"

Twilight shut the book. "Oooohhh you actually did it. She's off her book."

The lavender princess only smiled. "If you're going to resist, then I guess I'm gonna have to play dirty."

"Is that a promise?" Sunset asked

Twilight smiled. "That's a Pinkie Promise."

Back in Equestria, Pinkie and Fluttershy were having lunch at Sugarcube Corner. In a blink of an eye, Pinkie suddenly dropped her cupcake, and using her hooves, flipped the table over in an unrealistic speed. "Somepony made a PINKIE PROMISE!!" she shouted.

On the floor, Fluttershy cowered with her blueberry cupcake splattered all over her face. "Pi-Pinkie? Plea-lease don't do that again."

Back in the human world, Spike laughed as Sunset and Twilight continued to dare each other into dragging Sunset through the portal. "Just remember, I know human martial arts."

"And I know Pinkie Pie," Twilight countered.

Sunset smiled. "Oh for the love of God will you two quit flirting already?!"

Sunset and Twilight both turned to see Rainbow Dash and Rarity walking toward them. Rarity then smacked Rainbow upside the head with an unamused look on her face. "Honestly Rainbow Dash, do you have to be like that?"

Rainbow shrugged. "I'm calling it like I see it," she said.

Sunset focused on her current situation. The play daring they were doing to each other got to the point where they were nearly face to face. Twilight didn't realize it right away, giving Sunset a chance to back away before she started putting the pieces together. "Uh, Rainbow! What in the name of the Sun are you talking about?"

Before she could say anything, Rarity stuffed a piece of bread into her mouth. "So sorry about that dears, but it would seem Rainbow has been lacking the filter between the mind and the mouth again," Rarity said.

Spike chuckled. Dash spit out the piece of bread and slipped off the backpack she had and tossed it at Sunset. "Your buddy dropped this off at my place and said you should pay him before leaving or something," she said.

Sunset looked inside. The old tablet that Sunset first bought when she came to the human world sat in its shining glory. She removed the tablet and inspected the entire body. "Oh wow, he really did a number on it."

Rainbow nodded. "Computer repair?"

Sunset nodded. She turned on the tablet and gave it to Twilight. "Twilight, I know how much you want to learn about human culture, so I'm giving this to you guys. In it are some blueprints for the original circuit board I found online as well as a charger when you guys head back to Equestria."

Spike's jaw dropped while Twilight's eyes widened. "Ar-are you sure?"

Sunset nodded. "While establishing an internet connection in Equestria may prove to be challenging, I think you will benefit from this thing regardless. I'll download several notes and video diagrams of some simple human inventions as well as a video/audio recorder and a few photos. Bear in mind that there are some things in here that I wrote when I was still...angry with Princess Celestia."

Rainbow laughed. "Well speak of the devil."

The girls turned to the crowd to see Principal Celestia dancing with some of her students, who didn't mind the woman who gave them detention earlier that week. The girls all suppressed their laughter while Twilight remained fixed on the technology in front of her. "Sunset, I don't know what to say about this. I-I mean I am curious about human culture, but I can't..."

"Don't sweat it. You can even disassemble it and reverse engineer it to learn the entire process of building this type of tech. Who knows, maybe you can come out with your own brand of electronics," Sunset said.

Rarity chuckled lightly. "Call it Twi-Tech."

As she said that, Sci-Twi walked beside them with a box under her arm. "Twi-Tech, huh? You know, that is actually a fantastic idea," she said.

Rarity smiled. "Copyright by Miss Rarity," she said.

Sci-Twi adjusted her glasses. "Anyway, I looked into the video that you were sent and I've come up with a conclusion as to how you got it in the first place."

The girls all leaned in, except Twilight. "Your tablet, in a single second of vulnerability, was hacked remotely by a third party system. I can't explain how they got in, but the hacker broke into your computer, uploaded the surveillance video and managed to mask their entrance, making it impossible for me to trace their IP!"

A confetti bomb went off on stage in the background. "Ooh, so that's where Pinkie went," Rainbow mumbled.

"But that doesn't explain how we still have the video. We tried so hard to break into their systems and..."

"No, YOU tried getting a discount on a headset while I tried breaking into GameStop's security, and I'm sorry to say that the most I can do is build things," Sci-Twi said.

"And make a mean peanut butter sandwich," Spike the dog said.

Sci-Twi shrugged. "Speaking of building, I made something the other day. It's a crude prototype, but if my calculations are correct, I can fire electromagnetic pulses to temporarily disrupt mechanical AND magical wavelengths since they follow a similar pattern!"

Sci-Twi removed the box to reveal a very crude ray gun with components of several cell phone smashed into each other. Out of everyone, Sunset expressed the most curiosity. "You got bored?"

"Well, no actually. Since I still had Mr. Turner's math homework to do, and the extra credit assignment from Mr. Wood due this week, I needed something to take my mind off for a little while. This is purely awesome in it's own way. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the batteries. It seems that in order to make it work, I must have all five batteries fully charged before firing."

"You can't do anything about that?"

Sci-Twi chuckled. "I just need a way to rotate the batteries once one is used up. Five batteries, if fired at a power facility, can disable an entire city block with a direct blast."

Twilight finally looked up. "Excuse me, but you can actually track magical readings and counter them using an electromagnetic pulse?"

Sci-Twi nodded. "Don't worry, it's 100% Equestrian safe."

Twilight nodded slightly. "Besides, I need one more battery pack to finish it. Does anyone mind me bo--"

"YES!" they all shouted.

Both Spikes laughed. Twilight eyed the weapon. "And you built this on your own?"

Sci-Twi nodded. "Remind me to work with you on something before we return to Equestria."

Sci-Twi smiled. "Speaking of Equestria, Princess Celestia got back to me regarding that amulet that you found the other day."

"And?"

"Nothing. The runes on the back suggest its pre-Equestrian, but its impossible. The amulet radiates its own magical aura and has the ability to fully grant a human full use of magic without proper education."

Spike reached into Twilight's back and grabbed the necklace. Twilight picked it up and held it so everyone could see it. "There are many artifacts of great magical power in Equestria. An example would be the Alicorn Amulet, a tool that grants the wearer almost unlimited power to ponies, however there are darker side effects. A pony can go mad with power with the Alicorn Amulet and even find themselves playing host to the dark powers within."

Sunset raised her hand. "Hold on a second. I researched the Alicorn Amulet during my time in Canterlot and I've never been able to find it. Are you saying..."

"That I've been on the business end of the Alicorn Amulet and survived? That's about right. As it turns out, it was in a pawn shop in lower Canterlot."

Sunset face palmed. "Anyway, this necklace does the same thing, but there are no side effects like the Amulet. Its not a copy, but it's almost..."

The pendant glowed. "Impossible."


At the stage, Pinkie was entertaining the crowd while Vinyl lounged behind her DJ booth. Her introduction into the Rainbooms earlier that year gave her the ability to experiment with their songs. With a few changes to the base and tuning, Vinyl created the Electronic Equestrian genre.

Somewhere in Equestria, Vinyl Scratch bobbed her head in approval.

Vinyl was currently on her phone while Pinkie finished with a few jokes. She finished a level of Angry Birds before a shadow loomed over her. Vinyl sighed as she pocketed her phone. "Sorry man, but I don't do requests."

"Oh that's too bad," the older male voice said. "Because I have something I think you'd like."

Vinyl waved him off. "Look man, I've had people come up here and demand I play their own mixtapes, and to be perfectly honest, they all suck. I'm not playing anything you dish out."

The man chuckled. "Trust me, Vinyl Scratch, the last thing I would want to do would be giving you a mixtape that I personally made. I acquired this particular disc a few years back and I believe you might enjoy it."

Vinyl turned to the man. "An auction?"

The man nodded. "It is Sapphire Shores' very first hit from the 1990s Fires of Freedom detailing her escape from her abusive parents. There was only 500 copies made before it was scrapped and replaced." The man reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the CD case.

Vinyl took the case and opened it. Sure enough, Sapphire Shores was printed on the face along with a personal autograph from the pop star herself. Vinyl raised her glasses as she removed the disc. Immediately once she touched the disc, her eyes glistened with dark magic.

The man kneeled close to Vinyl. "Oh Vinyl Scratch, so innocent and powerful. Your voice can influence hundreds in your school, but it cannot reach the ears of your parents. The Scratch family is always too busy in their work to worry about their daughter and the paths she chose in her life. They can only watch as you continue to throw your life away with electronic music and strobe lights."

Vinyl nodded. The man pulled out the puppet controller from his coat and waved it around. "Now, you want your voice to be heard, right? You want adoration that your parents couldn't give you?"

Vinyl nodded absent-mindly. "Before you can get that adoration, you are going to do something for me."


While the girls were talking, Applejack and Fluttershy walked by to replenish the beverages and sat with Princess Twilight, who was now making full use of the camera systems of the tablet. "Ah don't follow. Ya said ya had a plan and now ya don't?" Applejack asked.

Sunset shrugged. "We're missing a lot of crucial pieces here, like the man in the video. He could be anywhere or anyone. We don't know anything about the guy except that he has some kind of puppet controller thing," she said.

Fluttershy tilted her head. "Like that wood cross thing puppetmasters use to make those freaky things move?"

Sunset nodded. "So ya want some guy waving around a puppet thing without puppets and taken down? Ah think ya need to be more specific in yer searchin."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "He looks a bit muscular and rugged..."

"Somethin ya look for in a man, ain't it?"

Rarity laughed. "Perhaps he is your dream machine."

Rainbow started bursting out laughing. "I can't believe you said that."

"Anyway," Sunset interrupted while suppressing a laugh. "The man is rugged and muscular, but that could be the coat. In the video, he was giving Raven the necklace before taking control over her."

Fluttershy turned to the stage. "Umm, girls?"

"Alrigh' that helps us plenty. What do we do?"

"Girls?"

"Well, once we find the guy, we have to entrap him. We need enough time for us to use the EM Tracker Twilight built to remove as much magic from him as possible. Once we have the-"

"GIRLS!"

Everyone turned to Fluttershy. She gestured to the stage. "Isn't that the guy?"

The girls turned to the stage to see the man in question talking to Vinyl. The man saw them looking at him and smiled. "Oh, and one more thing. Make it messy." With that, the man began walking away, leaving Vinyl with the disc in her hand.

Sunset's eyes widened. "Applejack, Rainbow Dash, see if you can stop him!"

They both nodded and dashed through the crowd toward the man. "Rarity, Fluttershy, you're coming with us to get this guy."

They all nodded as they ran off, leaving both Twilights confused. Princess Twilight stuffed the tablet and charger into her bag and ran with Sci-Twi right behind her.

Vinyl shook the spell off and popped in the disc into her console. "And now, the musical superstarness of the amazing DJ-PON3!" Pinkie announced.

The crowd cheered as Vinyl began blasting her own intro music. "Ha ha, thanks a lot Pinkie. Alright ya dudes and dudettes, its time for the grand finale to end all grand finales! Get ready, 'cause this one will knock your socks off!"

The crowd cheered as she loaded the disc into the port and pressed PLAY. Once she did, the entire machine roared to life as electricity arced throughout the stage. Pinkie barely leapt out of the way as a magic bolt struck the spot she was standing on.

The cheering silenced as Vinyl found her hands glued onto the console. An aura of magic encased the console as metal bended on metal around her hands. Vinyl screamed as the metal began to take the shape of to cannons. Wires tangled onto the machines and wrapped around to her back where a large component of the console attached itself.

Sunset gulped. Standing on the stage was a fully decked out Vinyl Wub Machine.

Vinyl's panicked expression turned dark as her glasses fixed themselves. She rose from her seat and kicked the remaining bits of the console out of the way. She raised the cannons toward the crowd. Target has been acquired!

Everyone took that as the signal to run as the cannons shot out a blue blast of magic. As it did, the cannons also began playing one of Vinyl's remixed songs from the Rainbooms collection. Vinyl fired into the crowd, destroying tables and a few of the park's structures.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash caught up to the a man responsible. "How about ya stop, yer crazy mind-controlling varmint!"

The man, who was calmly walking away, stopped in his place. He turned to the girls with a wicked grin on his face. "If name-calling is your game, I can see why my Lord didn't see you as a threat."

Applejack eyed a silver platter on a table next to her. "If you want to stop me, all you have to do is get me."

Rainbow smiled and charged at the man.


As Vinyl continued to blow away the people, Sunset and both Twilights struggled to move. Rarity and Fluttershy started ushering people to safety, one of them on the phone. Rarity felt a chill running down her back as she remembered who people call when things get crazy: police.

Sci-Twi lunged for the ground as a wave of sonic energy surged above her. As she tumbled away, Sunset kicked up a table to shield herself from one of Vinyl's attacks. The DJ still dazed in her hypnotic stance.

Princess Twilight jumped behind the table Sci-Twi was hiding. "You need help with that thing?" She gestured to the EMP ray gun in her hands.

"Not unless you have a cell phone or something to act as a stable energy containment device like a battery," Sci-Twi said.

Sunset jumped to cover near them. "You need another battery?"

Sci-Twi nodded. Sunset dug into her pants pocket and fished out her personal phone. "You owe me a new one!"

As Sunset was about to toss the phone, a sonic wave impacted the ground in between them, blasting Sunset toward the stage. She landed with her head hitting the wood floor. She looked up to stare down the barrel of Vinyl's cannon.

The DJ chuckled. "All payments are due, Ms. Shimmer."

As Sunset braced herself for the outcome, Sci-Twi managed to rip apart Sunset's phone and made the necessary connections. "Why did she have to get an iPhone?"

Twilight shrugged, unable to understand the situation. Sci-Twi snapped the battery into the gun, and immediately felt the affects. The ray gun hummed to life as the stock began to spin. Sci-Twi took careful aim at Vinyl. "COVER YOUR EARS!"

With a pull of the trigger, Sci-Twi fired the gun at Vinyl. The shockwave knocked Vinyl's balance off, forcing her to fire at the puppet man on the ground. As the sonic wave impacted the man, Applejack swung the silver platter, knocking him to the ground. His puppet controlled skid across the ground, forcing the magic hold on Vinyl to weaken.

The man groaned as the shadows of Rainbow Dash and Applejack loomed over him. Applejack raised the dish to knock him out, however, the man had enough magic to hypnotize the farmer for a split second. That second was for Applejack to swing the dish at Rainbow Dash standing next to her. The man grinned as he evaporated into a puff of smoke.

On the stage, Vinyl collapsed onto the stage with the cannons and extra pack breaking around her. Sunset's heart continue to race as Twilight helped her to her feet. Sci-Twi raced up the stage to check on Vinyl. In the distance, police sirens were approaching the Everfree Park.

And with them, Ms. Sunset Shimmer.