• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 5,179 Views, 138 Comments

Castlevania: Moonlight Sonata - Stareyedwolf



When the son of Dracula awakens from his slumber in a new world, he tries to acclimate to the far more silly inhabitants of this new world than the last one he was in. With no Dracula to fight, what will he do now? More importantly, why is he awake?

  • ...
6
 138
 5,179

Thrombus

Alucard sensed a stare being burned into the back of his head, and turned to face it. Fluttershy was looking up at him with equal parts fear and sadness. He looked away from her eyes, toward the side.

Fluttershy continued to gaze up at him, studying his eyes. He did not look angry at her, or smug about his gruesome work. He looked resigned. Whatever reaction he was waiting for, however, didn’t come. Instead, she turned away.

“Twilight, I think we’ve seen all there is to see. I’m going back the cottage. Prince Alucard, would you walk with me?” At Fluttershy’s words, the other ponies went quiet. They looked back and forth between the two, confused.

Rainbow was displeased, but she could say nothing to stop Alucard from going with Fluttershy. While he was not a Prince of her country, he was still Royalty. Her ingrained respect of the crown outweighed her suspicions. Until she had solid, irrefutable proof that he was up to no good, she would stay silent.

She was rash, yes. But an idiot? Absolutely not. All she could do was observe and wait.

----------


Fluttershy trotted beside him, keeping a respectable distance between them. After a time, she stopped walking. Alucard stopped also, though he did not turn to her. Clearly, she was going to make a speech. He could almost hear the sharp, accusing words she would throw his way.

Fluttershy proved him wrong again, though. The only thing she did was ask a quiet question.

“Did he suffer?”

Alucard’s eyes widened, then closed. “No. When his neck was broken, he could not move or feel. He died quickly after that.”

She nodded to herself. A mercy, then… she thought. But another thought wormed its way up into her brain. It made her ill. “Why do you hunt predators, specifically?”

Alucard’s gold eyes opened slightly. “They are large and easy to find. If I was to eat rabbits or some other small prey, I would need to feed much more often. Predators also do not hide themselves unless they are actively hunting. They spread their scent around freely, to ward off others of their kind.”

At his logical reasoning, she was relieved. He was not hunting for sport, but to keep himself from going hungry.

“Isn’t going after such strong animals dangerous? What if you run into a cockatrice, or a hydra?”

Alucard smiled a little. “Not as dangerous as you would think. I thank you for the concern, but I am very experienced.”

Fluttershy felt a small shudder from that. Experienced…

“Well… I can’t stop you. I don’t want you to starve, but…” The words burned in her throat. “The populations…”

Alucard huffed out a chuckle. “I am only one man, Fluttershy. I will not drive the whole forest into extinction.”

Fluttershy’s worries eased. I’m being silly. “You’re right.”

“If that is all, may we continue?” Alucard offered. Fluttershy paused, before nodding. They then continued forward, with the buttery pegasus leading the way. She ruminated in her mind everything she had learned about the tall figure walking slightly behind her, which wasn't much to be perfectly honest. A question was bubbling inside her, however. One that had been bugging her.

“Um… Prince Alucard… the friend you had, that you mentioned when we spoke last, the one that loved animals like me… What was she like?”

The dhampir was stricken for a moment, memories flying around his head like a swarm of bats scared out of their cave. “Why do you ask?” His voice was tight.

Fluttershy noticed his change in demeanor immediately. Her head dipped low, like she wanted to avoid his eyes, even though she knew he was purposefully not looking anywhere near her.

“W-Well, it's just that, uh, you said that she was passionate about animals like I am. And, um, I've never heard of anypony with a cutie mark like, well, m-mine.”

Alucard's pursed his lips tightly together, to stop himself from making a vicious snarl instead. He imagined that baring his long, sharp teeth would not help this situation in the slightest. A situation he had put himself in when he had begun jabbering like a fool at the sight of a miniature horse standing near some birds.

He took a deep breath to swallow back some of the anger he felt at himself. He hated talking about Maria. Talking about anyone from the past. Actually, if he never had to speak again, he would most likely be fine with it.

He took a second breath.

“Her name was... Maria.” How long had it been since he had spoken her name. He was filled with guilt at the thought that he wished it was longer. He wanted to hold the memories, the words deep inside. He wanted to hoard them, to share nothing of her to anyone else.

You are your father’s child, a dark voice whispered in his mind.

“She… was unique. She was…” Beautiful. Intelligent. Free.

Fluttershy looked up at Alucard, trying to read his face. She caught merely a glimpse before he turned away.

“She made me see something in people that I had not seen in ages. I hated them. The humans. I hated them the same as my father did. In enough time, I may have forgotten the promise I had made to myself…” To Mother. “But… She reminded me. Not all at once. But the seed was planted, and that was enough.”

If even the slightest thing had been different. If I had simply killed Richter, as I had initially planned to… Who is to say what could have happened. There could very well be no ponies nor pony princesses. Only a king.

“She was important. Far more than I realized at the time.”

Fluttershy gazed at his back, always so tall and straight. Now he seemed to almost sag, like he had a crushing weight on his shoulders. Alucard, the foreign prince, who had seemed so regal, so refined. Fluttershy had always wondered what it was like to be a princess. To be like Celestia, who had grace and poise and always knew the right thing to say.

“But that is enough reminiscing. Those days are long gone. I am sure your birds must be low on seed. We best not keep them waiting.” Alucard drew himself back to his full height, and carefully straightened his clothing and brushed his hair away from his face.

Fluttershy quietly agreed with him and began leading them the trees once more. Being a Princess must be tiring.

Fluttershy would have to tell Rarity that on their next spa date. She would most certainly be interested.

The sun filtered through the leaves, golden and radiant. The earth smelled fresh, and song birds sang their hearts out to anyone that would listen. Alucard envied their simple joy.


---


High above them, a far more dangerous bird swirled on the winds. She was no falcon, nor eagle. She was barely shaped like a bird at all. Her torso was bare of feathers or clothing and shaped distinctly feminine, but she felt no shame for her nakedness. Her tangled dark hair flapped wildly in the wind behind her. On her face curved a jubilant smile, for her sharp eyes had spied a head of silky, white hair far more fetching than her own moving between the trees.

She allowed herself to watch him for only a moment longer, before she wheeled around to fly towards the heart of the forest. She would soar as fast as her wings could take her to her sisters. There was finally some good news.

The Tragic Prince was awake and aware once more, and the darkness stirred in anticipation. The King was gone, but his sole heir had returned. Perhaps it was time to start thinking about a coronation.

Author's Note:

(Busts into the room 300 years later with Starbucks)

What'd I miss.

Comments ( 36 )

Huzzah, it updated! Ecstatic does not express me right now. Also, the beginning bit with Rainbow Dash? I want to hump your leg!

7539727
:rainbowwild: FLATTERY. and yeah. I feel like her character is flanderized to an extreme. Rainbow is always making a huge mess for everyone by attacking anything that looks even vaguely threatening/unknown. She is Loyalty, yes. But Loyalty does not only extend to her select group of friends. If she is Loyalty personified (ponyfied??) then she is Loyal to a VASTLY bigger web of things. One of those includes the crown.
But that's just my opinion. :rainbowkiss:

Nice to see this fic update.

As I thought, Fluttershy accepted what happend since it's in Alucard nature and did only to feed himself.

Wonder what's gonna happen now that a foe has arrived.

Find a couple mistake.

I’m going back the cottage.

I’m going back to the cottage.

A situation he had put himself in when he had begun jabbering like a fool at the sight of a minurature horse standing near some birds.

miniature

I'm gonna bet he ends up biting one of the M6 at some point — not like the idea is a bad one — and well, while most vampire stories have the person the vampire is closest to get bit, it's kind of an overdown cliché. So, I'm just hoping it'll be like 'Jackie or Pinkie, or someone like that. (Those two barely get vampire stories, 'specially the Pinkster.)

But yeah, I'm intrigued. Please go on, good sir/m'am!

I remember this story's premise, and I remember reading a few chapters. According to the site, it was ten chapters in total.

Unfortunately, I have no memory of whether I liked it or not, so I guess I'll have to read it all again.

She was barely shaped like at all.

You accidentally an entire word, there. :twilightsheepish:

Give the Prince a hug, Fluttershy. He needs pony hugs. :fluttercry:

This story is great so far, however, I really can not believe that Discord is weak by the standards of the Castlevania universe. I've never played a Castlevania game, but I'm pretty sure no one in the series was ever able to warp reality on the scale Discord can.

7540738 Dracula's power comes from Chaos just like Discord's. Dracula is the embodiment of evil, powered by chaos.

7540881 Yes, but was he ever able to do the sort of stuff Discord does?

7540697 :twilightangry2: dagnab it

Edit: fixed. Along with a few other typos

7541250 my perspective on it is that discord wasnt full on evil? He had good inside him, he was just an incorrigable prankster. but when you can warp reality, what are harmless pranks to you are quite nightmarish to normies. And to my knowledge (correct me if im wrong) he didnt actually kill anybody or even WANT to kill people. He thought equestria was boring and was angry at being sealed away, so brought chaos to them. Heres the thing: no one died. Dracula loathed humanity. He murdered and destroyed and schemed. He was full of hatred. Which is why i called discord weak in comparison. Discord could in theory be extremely dangerous and kill a LOT of ponies very easily and very quickly. But he doesnt have the temperment. His hesitation to actively take lives is what makes him fundementally weaker than Dracula.

Edit: the castle ITSELF had minor reality warping powers, if you consider its constantly changing architecture, lack of adherrance to physics, etc. castlevania served drac exclusively. And when Drac went full power, the surroundings would change to become psychedelic. Whether this was a consious effort to disorientate the Belmont/player, or simply reality breaking down around Dracula's monstrous form? Well, thats what fanfic is for. Cause Drac aint tellin'. :twilightsmile:

7542199 Right, but you implied that he was PHYSICALLY weaker.

7542230
Just reread the chapter to refresh. Alucard dismisses him as weaker because he is not very "Chaotic" to his senses. In castlevania, chaos has the connotation of dark magic. Alucards (and Dracs) magic are very dark. I dont want to give away his strongest spells cause i want to use them in later chapters, but they involve blood and the soul and death. So what alucard is doing is feeling out discords magical aura. Discord is powerful, make no mistake, but he VERY rarely uses what could be called dark magic. He has used Thralls before but thats all i can think of at the moment. Also, he is Petrified and cannot escape. In castlevania sotn (alucards game) he got petrified by enemies QUITE often (i did at least, gg me). That attack does 0 damage to alucard, and only lasts only a couple seconds. Its not that the spell wears off, cause it doesnt. Alucard breaks the spell instantly, and then bursts out of the rock. So to him, seeing discord trapped by a spell that is a minor nuisance to alucard, and then having Sunbutt say "discord was horrible, he was a fiend"? Alucard: not super impressed

7542285 Ok, got it. Do you think Alucard would be able to do that if he were petrified by the Elements?

7542293 im not sure tbh. It would probably depend on a number of factors. Alucards health at the time, whether the elements would be totally united in blasting him, and the composition of the spell it uses in the first place. I would have to really brainstorm for the appropriate way to write that scene and how it would work. I'll say for now, that it would hurt him more than usual, but as familiar as he is with Stone spells, they would have to have a backup plan. He would break-out at some point, and he would not be happy

7542319 Got it. Do you think that's going to happen?

7542322

As of now? Its not in the cards. But hey, the deck is a fickle mistress. Tho i WILL officially joss a different theory that was put forth. Alucard will not bite any of the mane6.

7542333 Got it. Is he able to create new vampires?

7542338
According to CV canon, yes.

ITS ALIIIVVEE!

7542199 true but power is power. In a no holds bard discord wins with power to spare. And while he does not kill, you would be surprised by what you can live through.

Please don't abandon this story. I like it a lot!

Author's Note:
(Busts into the room 300 years later with Starbucks)
What'd I miss.

*Imitates ACRacebst*
The season finale~ ^o^

7544424 thats true. The point i was more heading toward would be that discord wouldnt fight that battle anyways. I find it hard to believe that discord would confront dracula at all. What would be the reason? Discord does things purely for amusement. Tirek on the other hand? Seems like he would be very easy to draw into a pissing contest.

What im tryig to say is this, in power terms YES DISCORD IS ABSURD. But theres more to fighting than whose stick is bigger. Discord and dracula are both intelligent beings, and would probably avoid a battle for their own reasons. Dracula probably would not want to fight a reality warper with the power to turn him into a cupcake with a snap of his fingers. Discord would not want to fight someone who, if they managed to get the drop on him (SOMEHOW, for anyone gearing up to type "it would never happen 5eva"), would have ZERO qualms about tearing his head clean off.

NOT TO MENTION: dracula's Power of Dominance. If drac managed to defeat discord, discord would be chained to him forever. Cant see discord taking that chance.

TL;DR, this thread is becoming goku vs superman. Cool ya jets, my friends. Everything will be daijoubu

7549423 I see your points and agree. The only reason I see the two fighting if Discord was upset about someone messing with his 'toys'. Though in a more likely scenario the two would more than likely have an alliance.

Are you still going to write for this? Cause I am seriously loving it

(Busts into the room 300 years later with Starbucks)

What'd I miss.

*busts into room with shotgun*
You missed an update or thirty.
Now update!

this is enjoyable, very much so. i hope to see more of it

Yo does this story have a chance of existing again some time soon?

8849993
Sadly probably not considering this user hasn't logged in for two years...

8876583
Unfortunate, this was a pretty damn good one.

8876919
Agreed, the best one I've read about Alucard being accurate to his persona.

I don't understand why there are not many Castlevania crossover stories on this site it's pretty out acceptable I must get on it

Login or register to comment