• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,200 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,200

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 4: A Carnival of Fears (Crystal Empire Arc Part 3)

Within the Darkness you call out.

“Hello? Spike? Twilight? Anyling?”
Your voice echoes as you twist in every direction, seeing nothing. A watery sensation washes across your eyes, briefly giving everything a green tint. You hear a sudden sharp gasp of air in the darkness, and then silence.

“OK, just what the buck is going on here?”

Suddenly a doorway appears to your right, and you hear voices coming from it.
You open the door and inside you see…

Kersey’s Comment

Your Grandbuggy…and Granny Smith…making out…intensely.

“OH SWEET LUNA NO! IT BURNS!!!” you cry out as you shield your eyes, which literally begin smoking, from the horrible scene of your grandparents smooching as if they were in high school. You immediately shut the door and kick it away. The door disappears into the darkness, and you give a sigh of gratefulness.

“The Buck was that?” you ask aloud, but nothing answers.

Once your eyes feel like they’ve stopped burning, you hear a familiar sound and look behind you.

ErisedtheinkMoth’s Comment

The TARDIS materializes in front of you and you happily run towards it as the Doctor steps out.
He doesn't look quite himself as he's a bit disheveled. His tie is undone and his hair is a frazzled mess. He looks around, rubbing his neck and shoulder before noticing you.
You run up to him and grab his shoulders, practically yelling into his face.

"Oh thank Luna! Doctor, you gotta get me out of here, I just saw…”
He stops you, silencing you with a hoof to your mouth and contemplating his next words with a solemn look.

"Bugze, I'm afraid I've got some bad news from the future." he says slowly. "You're really not going to like this."

"What? Why?!" you ask "What do I do in the future? How bad is it? How many ponies die because of me?!"
The Doctor just shakes his head and looks you in the eyes.

"It isn't you Bugze, it's about Nightshade."
You feel your blood go cold.

"Oh no. What happens Doc? Please don't tell me she dies! Anything but that!" you plead.

"Oh, she's alive. It's just she's-"

"She's what?! In a coma? Turned to the dark side?" You scream as the endless possibilities flood you mind, none of them good.

"She’s hot," The Doctor tells you.

"W-what?" you stutter.

"Oh yes, your little filly grows up to be quite a looker, and quite a lot of ponies have found themselves smitten with her." The doctor explains. "Colts come knocking at her door to shower her with gifts and beg her for a date, and even some of the other mares step up to try their luck. Not that Nightshade minds however, quite the opposite; she actually enjoys all the attention and affection they give her."

"Nngh... I- what?" your brain tries to pull together a rational thought through all your fatherly protective instincts "She... and... Boys are... with my baby?! Does she at least still kick them in the nards!" you ask, grasping at one final straw.

"Well..." the Doctor averts his gaze from yours "She certainly does something with their nards."

At this your mind snaps. But rather than snapping in anger, it's shattering into a thousand anguished pieces. How could this have happened to your little Nightshade, and where did you go wrong as a parent? Was it because you let her watch all those adult anime?
There's only one thing you can scream as these thoughts pervade your mind.
"NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"


As you do you hear a sound of shattering glass behind you. You look back to the Doctor and see that he and the TARDIS are gone. Investigating where the shattering sound came from, you come across a glass wall, and it is has pieces missing. On your side, painted on the ground are the words, Mental Blocks. On the other side of the broken glass is the words True Fears.

“That looks ominous,” you say before your surroundings change and you find yourself in another location.

The Rutherford’s Comment

Kropsling’s Comment

Solarkness Comment

It’s the castle where you first hid 2 whole years ago after the invasion. You have nothing on you, no disguises, no inventory, nothing.
“What’s going on?” you ask aloud and look around.

In front of you are two old thrones, one with a banner for the sun above it, the other the moon. You look up and see the sun shining through the crumpled roof and the trees of the Everfree.

“How did I get here? Wasn’t I just in the Crystal Empire?” you ask confusedly. “Yeah, I was helping Spike look for Twilight, where is she?”

As if to answer your question the throne room doors behind you are thrown open, and in run the Deadly 6, all armed with the Elements of Harmony. You realize you have no disguise, and you feel powerless and speechless as they surround you in a circle.
They all leer at you with psychotic smiles as they all begin to float with glowing white eyes.

"There he is girls! Lets end this once and for all!" says Twilight.

“B-but I…”

"I have been waiting a long time for this!" says Rainbow Dash.

“N-no wait a min…”

"This for all the trouble you caused us Varmit!" says Applejack.

“Just hold on a sec…”

"For all the ruined parties and broken promises this is personal!" says Pinkie.

“Can’t we talk about...”

"Fluttershy do you have a problem with us taking your ruffian friend down?" Rarity asks.

“N-no, Fluttershy, talk them out of…”

"Oh no Rarity I don't mind. He isn't my friend any more. He is just a worthless stupid bug" Fluttershy responds cruelly.

Your eyes water a little after that, “F-Fluttershy?”

They all rise further in the air above you and chant,

“Death to the Bug!”

"Girls please don't." you weakly beg. It does no good though for each of their Elements shine with colorful magic and the beam shoots right at you.

"SOMELING HELP ME!" you scream as loud as you can. And something answers your pleas.

Before the beam strikes you a dark shadowy mist flies forth and washes over the 6 Mares and stops their Friendship Beam. When it clears, they are all gone.


“Wh-what?” you ask aloud before hearing metallic steps behind you.

“Useless…” you hear a dark female voice say.
You turn around ecstatically and in between the two thrones you see the voice’s owner.

“Selena!” you cry out happily to the armored Alicorn before you. “You’re all better! And you have your own body too? Awesome!” you cry out as you get close to embrace your healed friend. “I’ve missed you so much, thank you for saving my life, thank you for…”

“Silence you worthless bug!” she shouts as she blasts you away from her. You fly back into a cracked alter, damaging it further. You look back at her with hurt and surprise over what she just did.

“S-Selena, why…”

“My name is NOT Selena you maggot, it’s Nightmare Moon!” she cries out angrily. “Now that I have come to my full power, I no longer need a useless whelp like you. And now I will finish what I started over 1000 years ago. I shall cast Equestria in eternal night!” she shouts as lightning bolts crash around her.

Above the hole in the ceiling, you witness the moon cover the sun, bathing everything in darkness.

"Selena don't do this, you’re good…you’re my friend,” you stutter.

"I was never good! You were never my friend! You were just a host for me. A weak little bug that has no purpose in life!” she snarls hurtfully.

“N-no…we have a daughter, be both love and protect her…” you say trying to get through to her.

“Nightshade was never meant to be with you. She was born only for me, to rule Equestria by my side,” she chides.
You try to say more, but your voice hitches in your throat when you hear another voice.

“That's right "Daddy" we don’t need you anymore…” from the shadows walks forth your daughter, wearing similar armor to her mother, with her eyes glowing a fierce white.

“Now that we are more powerful we will rule not only this country, but the whole world Muhahaha!” she declares.

"..no.." you say with wide eyes and tears running down your cheeks.

“Now begone! We have more important matters to attend to that do not involve you....ever again” says Nightmare Moon as she turns around and walks into the darkness.

“Nightshade…” you whimper.

“Save it cockroach, I’m done with you…” she says as she walks away.

"Nightshade... don't leave me," you weakly call out. "Selena... why? I thought you were my..."
You then break down bawling upon the floor.

“This can’t be happening…this can’t be real…” you cry over the loss of your family.
You then hear more crying coming from the darkness.

“N-Nightshade?” you call out with a sniffle.

“Daddy…why?” you hear her say sadly.

“Nightshade!” you shout as you get up and run forth. You keep running until you run into a mirror. It doesn’t show your reflection, but rather a view into another place, and you see why Nightshade is crying.

Kichi’s Comment

You see a mountain of bones arranged into a throne within the throne room of the Canterlot Castle. Chained onto the throne are several malnourished, saddened looking mares, including Aloe, Vinyl, Octavia, Fluttershy, and the rest of the Deadly 6. Pieces of the TARDIS are everywhere and in front of the throne stands Nightshade with tears running down her face. The figure upon the throne is the worst of all. It’s The Nightmare…only somehow worse, for his tails are now shadowy breathing serpents with glowing eyes.


"Daddy, please...What happened to you?" asks Nightshade.

“I grew up honey,” the Nightmare answers in a demonic voice. “I stopped being the puny little crybaby the ponies and Lady Luck thought I was. I became what I was always meant to be…”

“NO!” you cry out as you bang upon the mirror.

“Daddy, you’ve killed so many…” she cries.

“They all had it coming. Every. Last. One.” He says evily.

“Nightshade!” you cry out, yet she doesn’t hear you.

"But why do you need to torture Miss Twilight and the others? Did you not have enough after what you did to Cadence,Celestia and Mommy?" she cries.

"No... It's not enough...It never will be enough. They wanted a monster, so let them have a monster!" he shouts.

"But Daddy..."

"Choose Nightshade... Them or me..." he says as he rises up threateningly.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” you shout and slam into the glass, yet it doesn’t break.

"I... I'm sorry Daddy but this isn’t you..." Nightshade says in a sad tone, taking up a defensive stance.

"I see...” he says before turning and looking at you. “So be it..." he says darkly.
The snakelike tentacles of his then rush forth towards a screaming Nightshade while he stares at you and laughs.

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

“NNNNNOOOOO!!!!” you scream as everything goes dark once more.

SnapDrakeGames’ Comment

ErisedtheInkMoth’s Comment

“Daddy? Daddy? What’s wrong?” You hear her voice say from a mile away.

“Honey?” your voice echoes in the darkness.

“Daddy?” she says again sounding closer.
You feel the eye sensation once more, and once again, you hear a distant gasp.
Suddenly, the darkness crashes around you and you find yourself back in front of the spooky door next to Twilight again. You even hear Spike calling out,

“Twilight! Twilight!” trying to snap her out of her daze. You look behind you and see Nightshade sticking her head out of the inventory with a worried look.

“Baby!” you cry as you give her a smothering hug, “You’re still alright!” you cry.

“Yeah, I’m fine Daddy, but are you OK? I kept hearing Spike calling for Twilight and you and I heard you crying.

“Y-yeah I’m fine, just had a horrible day dream I guess,” you tell her as the visions you had begin to fade just looking at your smiling girl. You then look back at Spike and Twilight, who seems to be coming out of her funk.

“Uh-oh, get down honey before they see you,” you tell her and she does so. With her hunkered down you stick your face in the inventory and say one last thing.

“Nightshade, I love you and I’m glad you’re alright…just promise me you’ll never go to the darkside…”

“I promise Daddy,” she says.

“Also, never use a harem anime as a realistic depiction, nor as a baseline of expectation for a healthy relationship,” you add.

“Umm…OK?” she says as you hug her once more.

“Alright, see you in a bit, love you,” you tell her as you pull your head out just in time to see Twilight groaning.

"Ugh- Spike?" Twilight asks. "What happened?"

"I don't know," Spike says. "You didn't answer me when I called and I was really worried and I wondered if something terrible had happened, and then El Hunko said that I should take a look so I was racing down here and-."

"Wait, back up. El who?" Twilight asks. Then she notices you. "Yaaa!" she cries out in surprise. "You! You're that pony from the library!"

"Yes. Yes I am," you reply, even though your close proximity to her makes you feel uneasy still.

"Hey, wait a minute! Rainbow was right! Now that I think about it, we have seen you before- at the Grand Galloping Gala!"

"Yes, yes, yes you saw me at the Gala," you confirm, still a little unsteady. "Luna's beard, that was frightening."

"But- how are you-" Twilight sputters.

"I'm a traveler of sorts. I wasn't supposed to end up here, but I did," you respond, avoiding eye contact. "Hey- know any therapists?"

"Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville," Twilight replies. "I work Thursdays."

"That's not what I-"

"Ponyville?" Spike murmurs, catching your attention. You find him staring at the empty doorway.
"How did I get- No! I don't wanna go! Please Twilight, don't make me!" he cries out with tears in his now glowing green eyes.
Twilight hurries to close the door, snapping Spike out of it.

“The Buck was that?” you say aloud in panic.

"King Sombra's dark magic," Twilight mutters, studying the doorway. "A door that leads to your worst fears!"

“Oh….oooohhhhh,” you say as realization dawns on you and what you just went through.

“Spike, are you OK,” she gently says to him.

"We were back in Ponyville. You said you didn't need me anymore," Spike mutters sadly. "You were... sending me away."

"A fear that will never come to pass. I'm never sending you away Spike," Twilight reassures her assistant, snuggling him close and having a tender moment.

"Ooh, hey! I'm not intruding on anything here, am I?" you awkwardly interrupt. Twilight glances up.

"Oh right. You. Thanks for helping out Spike and all, but I think you can head out now."

"What!? No way!" you reply. "I mean, aside from the fact that there’s boring ponies and smoke monsters outside, I'm not just gonna let you go off and do something this dangerous by yourself. If you didn't have Spike here you'd still be lying on the floor crying your eyes out. You need help with this one, and I wanna stop that Sombra guy too."

"But- Princess Celestia said this was something I had to do myself!" Twilight responds.

"Yeah. That's stupid," you reply. "I mean, this is like an empire full of ponies. Creepy amnesiac ponies, sure, but ponies all the same. Why in Tartarus would anyling purposely make it harder for themselves when the stakes are so high? Is she just so high and mighty she thinks she can gamble with thousands of lives?" you angrily rant.

“I-it’s not like that,” Twilight tries to defend.

“Well it sounds like it to me, and you shouldn’t blindly follow what she says,” you answer back.

“Well for your information, I’m taking Spike with me, I know I can trust him,” she shoots back making Spike smile. “You on the other hand are basically a stranger.”

“Really? You don’t want my help?” you say in frustration.

“If you want to help, then go up top and help my friends distract the Crystal Ponies. They can’t find out that we don’t have the Crystal Heart yet, they’d lose their spirit and...”

“The Crystal Heart?” you ask.

“It’s a very powerful artifact that the Crystal Empire needs in order to stop Sombra,” she tells you. “We didn’t realize this until now, so we have a faux one in place till I find it.”

BrownDog77’s Comment

"So wait, you want me to go up there and cause multiple distractions that might result in property damage just so you can keep your little mistake a secret?"

"Is that a problem?" she asks.

"Nope, just checking, I'm sure I can handle it," you say with a smirk.

“Thank you,” she says.

“And you’re sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

“No, I’m not failing my test,” she says

“OK, fine! Be stubborn. I’ll do what I can, but you two be careful,” you tell them.

"We will, now please, get going," she tells you.

"Alright, but there is still one more thing I must do before I go..." you say mysteriously.


Several Minutes Later.

You lie on the staircase leading to the throne room, which went really far down, and watching as the slinky you snagged walks down.
You look back down to Twilight and Spike at the bottom.

"ISN'T THIS INCREDIBLE?! IT'S GOING TO BE SOME KIND OF A RECORD!"

"Is that really necessary?" Twilight shouts back up.

"Everyling Loves a Slinky, You gotta get a Slinky. Slinky, Slinky, Go Slinky Go!" you sing ignoring her.

On the very last step however, the Slinky stops.
Spike groans as you shout.

“AAAWWW MAN! Can you believe it?! It was right there!” You then look to them while playing with the Slinky.
“Think I can do it one more time?”

“NO! Every minute we waste, is another minute Sombra can break in and enslave us all!” she shouts at you, causing you to flashback to the otherworld, seeing her lifeless body.
You shriek at this image, and book it up the stairs, much to the relief of Twilight.

Kersey’s Comment

After reaching the top of the stairs and walking out of the palace once more, you begin to think aloud.

“So, I gotta keep the weird amnesiac ponies distracted huh? Shouldn’t be too hard, these guys are more boring than plain toast,” you mutter before seeing several Crystal ponies run by, laughing and smiling and shining brighter than before.

“OK, I stand corrected,” you muse.

You follow the ponies and see many carnival games and events everywhere.
You resist the urge to join in on the fun just yet, because you got a job to do. You see Applejack herding ponies away from a statue or something hidden under a tarp, and you conclude that that is where the fake heart is. She appears to be having a hard time keeping a growing group away from it.

“You can see it later pardner, how about you visit the kettle corn stand?” she says leading a stallion away. Then a mare comes forth and tries to look under the sheet.
“Say now, the jousting competition has started over there,” she points nervously.

Seeing that she is overwhelmed, you jump into action.

“But ma’am, we’d really love to see,” a group starts before you menacingly land in front of them.

You channel your brief experience as a bouncer from a past hive mission and shout.

“There is nothing to see here! Go back to your miserable pointless lives!”
The Crystal Ponies seem startled, and so does AJ.

“What in Tarnation?” she declares.

“But we want to see the heart,” a stallion says.

“Yeah, and I want a Celestia’s Secret magazine featuring Spitfire, but that’s probably not going to happen pal!” you snark back causing him and his group to miserably walk away.

“Well that was rude,” mutters AJ. “Who are ya?”
You quickly look at her and turn your head before you flashback.

“Hey now, you’re that pony from the library,” says AJ.

“Eyup, I’m El Hunko, and I’m here to help” you say, not looking directly at her.

“Name’s Applejack, and why are you helping? You seemed so scared before?”

Still not looking at her, you respond, “You try getting chased by a smoke monster and not be a little freaked out, anyway, your friend Twilight asked me to help.”

“Well alright then, but maybe you should tone it down, these ponies are easily spoo…”

“GET OUT OF THERE! AH AH AH!!!" You shout running at a mare who tried to peek under the tarp, causing her to run away screaming.

“Hey wait, I just said,” tries Applejack, before you scare away a young filly pony.

“You go near it and I will burn all your toys!” The little filly runs off crying because of this.

“Hey! That’s enou…” shouts AJ as a whole group converge on all sides.

“Oh you wanna play rough?” you shout as you grab a chair and whip from a nearby lion cage, “Then let’s play rough!”
The Crystal Ponies’ eyes all light up with fear.

“No, Wait!” shouts AJ.

“BACK! BACK YOU SHINY SAVAGES, BACK!!!” you shout while pushing them back with the chair and cracking the whip.
This causes the Crystal Ponies to have traumatic flashbacks to when they were forced to work in the mines as slaves, and they all run away screaming in fear, losing their shiny color.

“That’s right, run!” you cackle at them before having the chair taken out of your hooves and being knocked across the head.

“The Buck is wrong with you,” chides and angry AJ, and you are forced to look directly at her.
“That was a very mean thing to do,” she rants, and you begin to see her as a dead body once more causing you to shake in fear.

“Now get out of here before I Buck you upside the head,” she threatens, and in your fear you run away from her.
After fleeing, you catch your breath near a food tent, you place the whip into your inventory

1 Lion Taming Whip Added to Inventory

You then think about what just happened.

OK, maybe I did go a little overboard on the whole bouncer situation. Heck, I got fired during the Hive Mission for practically the same reasons. Still, I can’t talk directly to any of them for long, and especially not when they get upset or angry. I think it’s best if I just stay away from them.

Even as you think this, you hear a crash and a cry as you see Fluttershy sailing through the air and into a tent with Rainbow Dash following soon after.

You give a sigh, “Well, so much for that plan,” you then go over and hear them talking about their jousting plan.
Apparently, they need a few more matches, yet Fluttershy is vastly underpowered and keeps getting blown back.

“Well that isn’t fair,” you think, before smirking evily.

The next round when they set up, you see Rainbow running right at Fluttershy, who runs with her eyes close.

Using your telekenisis plasmid, you mutter,

“Would you kindly hold it!” causing Rainbow to become locked in place.

“Whoa, what the…” she says confused, before the blindly flailing Fluttershy smacks her in the face with her jousting pole launching Rainbow into the stands.

You hear the Crystal Ponies cheer, and even hear some say that it’s finally an interesting competition as they toss Rainbow back onto the field. She wobbles dizzily while Fluttershy apologizes profusely. You smirk, before you again flashback and start shaking.

“Oh come on, I can’t even see them in pain? Why can’t I stop being scared?” You rant as you walk away.


After passing by a bunch of vendors and stalls, Nightshade pops her head out.

“Ooooo, A Carnival! Can I try some games Daddy, can I?” she asks excitedly.
You sigh before looking at her.

“No Nightshade you can’t.” Her lip begins to quiver,

“Why not?” she whines.

“Because all carnival games are scams, look at that one,” you point to where a Big Red sized Crystal Stallion throws a ball at some milk bottles extremely hard, only for it to bounce off of them with a metallic *tink*

“You see?”

“Oh…well that’s no fun,” she says.

“No it is not, and the last thing I need is you getting mad and kicking these wannabe Flim-Flam’s in the nards over not getting a toy”

She then pouts, “Is there anything I can do for fun?”

You then see a sign that says Petting Zoo and smile.
You leave Nightshade in the pen with the other children as she runs around hugging and squeezing all the frightened animals.
A Wombat of all creatures scurries around trying to avoid her.

“Come back here you cute and cuddly bucker! You’re love gives me power!” she shouts.

You chuckle and go to some nearby vendors and buy a carnival feast fit for a King…or at least a hungry Nightshade. You get Funnel Cakes, Cotton Candy, Crystal Fruit Pies, Crystal Kettle Corn, Deep Fried Twinkies, and a triple X soda.

After prying her away from the poor wombat, she sees the food and squees so loud, crystal dogs nearby begin barking.

“Alright honey, take this to your room and watch a movie while daddy works now OK?”

“Okie Dokie Artichokie,” she says before taking her feast into the inventory.
You smile and sigh before the lid pops open and a can of some kind comes flying out with a shout of

“EVIL!”

TheGamingReaver’s Comment

You pick up the can and see that it says Crystal Spinach on the can.

“Huh, how did that get in there?” you wonder aloud.

You then have an awesome thought as you remember some animated serials about a sailor pony who would always eat spinach and get super strong and save the day.

“This would make me even stronger than regular spinach, because it’s got crystals,” you say aloud hoping that that makes sense.
“Better save this for an emergency,” you declare as you place it in a coat pocket.


Crystal Spinach added to Inventory

You then look up and see that the sky begins flickering more so than what it was. Whatever Cadance is doing, she’s failing. You see some of the Crystal Ponies get scared and lose their shininess, and you realize they still need distracting.

ErisedtheinkMoth’s Comment.

"So the crystal ponies need to be entertained huh?" you mutter to yourself as you think back to your time posing as a carnival performer with your Grandbuggy, which is where you learned about all the games being rigged.

"I've got just the thing!" you proclaim and get to work commandeering a stage.

"Come one, come all! Step right up to test your strength fillies and gentlecolts!" you announce as crystal ponies gather around to see what the latest attraction at the fair is all about.
"You sir!" you point to a random stallion in the crowd with your showmare's cane you stole from a booth. He points at himself as though asking if it was indeed him you were talking about.

"Yes you, step right up. You look like a well toned stallion. Rippling biceps, washboard abs, glistening thigh- NO! BAD BUG! I don't even swing that wa- I mean...ahem, how would you like to impress your friends with a feat of strength and fortitude?"

In the crowd you don’t notice Rarity and Pinkie Pie taking a look at what you're doing.
"Did the book say anything about this being part of the celebration?" Rarity asks Pinkie as the pink mare bounces up and down.

"I dunno, but it looks like fun!" Pinkie says as she chows down on funnel cake.
The stallion nods his head vigorously as you're about to unveil the challenge.

"Well then I present to you... the most formidable, the most frightening, the most daunting challenge ever faced by ponykind!" you rev up your flair for the dramatic and whip the tarp off of the challenge. "The dreaded... UNOPENED PICKLE JAR!"

The crowd gasps, but not in the astonished sort of way, more of the gasping-in-horror sort of way. Memories resurface of their time under King Sombra's rule, and the color drains from their coats.

In the days of King Sombra, the dark lord would taunt them with the chance of freedom from his mines by presenting them a challenge; open a jar of pickles and be set free, but if they failed, they'd be sent back to the mines to work without rest. Even if they weren't exhausted and weak, they would still have had no chance, for the jar was enchanted to never be opened.
Brave ponies would try for hours sometimes to wrestle the cursed lid off the jar, even till their hooves bled from the effort. Seeing the instrument of their torture presented to them once more brought their fear back with it, and it all boiled down to what happened... right now.

"It's back! Run! Run from it's pristine, glassy shell of pickle-filled doom! Run for your lives before it takes you back to the mines!" one terrified crystal pony screams at the top of his lungs, causing the rest of them to begin panicking.

"The horror! The horror!" shriek a trio of vaguely familiar crystal flower ponies.

“OK…the Buck?…” you deadpan watching the chaos.


Meanwhile,
A looming shadow outside the city watched in glee. "Yeeeeessssss..." it hissed "Picklessssssss."


Back to the screaming ponies.

“Sir, Sir! What have you done!” yells out Rarity.

“I don’t know, I was keeping them distracted and then the whole world went crazy,” you say back flabbergasted.
Rarity and Pinkie then both come up on the stage and scrutinize you, causing you to avoid eye contact.

“Alright Mr. Hunko, I believe that you owe us some answers,” she says.

“You know my name?” you ask surprised.

“After you ran away in the library, I thought about where I’ve seen these wonderfully stylish clothes before, and I remember them from the Gala.”

“Yeah, you were really fun there, and you kept pranking Blueblood” says Pinkie.

“Thank you again for that darling, but that just raises the question, why are you here?”

“I don’t know, there was a teleporting accident and I just ended up here,” you say to the ground.

“Alright, but why are you avoiding us? Flash Sentry is asking around for you, so what have you done?”

Oh Crud, I forgot about Flash!

“I…I…”

“Hey!” calls an upset voice.

You look and see Rainbow Dash with a black eye fly up to you.

“Somepony says they saw you hold me in place with magic during the jousting competition!” she angrily yells.
You look from her to Rarity and back, flashing back, and you take off crying and screaming once more.


“What the Buck? Get back here you…” she calls before being stopped.

“Dashie, wait, you stay here,” says Pinkie.

“What? But that cheater is the reason I got a shiner!”

“I know, but something’s bugging him, and I’m going to find out what,” says Pinkie determined as she hops after you.

“But I…” Rainbow starts.

“Come now darling, I’m as curious about that dashing stallion as you are, but right now we need something to cover that up. This way, to the salon!” Rarity cries, dragging Rainbow.

“OK, but they better not mess with my hair!”

BrownDog77’s Comment

You bust through into an empty tent and start slamming your hooves against the ground.


“Gorramit to Tartarus! Why?! Why?! Can’t I stop?!” you bawl, and in doing so, your fears from the door spring forth, causing you to cry even more.

As you lay there, you suddenly feel a gentle hoof touch your shoulder.


“There there, everything’s going to be alright…”

You look up and see Pinkie looking down at you sympathetically.
You back up away from her quickly.

“S-stay back!” you cry out.

“Hey hey, I’m not going to hurt you, none of my friends will, there’s no reason to be afraid of us” she says as her image flickers and you see Pinkamena in her place.

“P-please, go away!” you shout.

“Everything’s going to be alright, you’ll see.”
The words coming out of the other her’s mouth causes you to finally snap.

“No it won’t Pinkamena! I Failed you! I Failed you all!” you shout as you look to the ground.
“Failed us? But the Crystal Ponies are still distracted and Twilight is still doing her job. Also, I go by Pinkie, only my mom calls me…”
You look back up at her.

“You’re sacrifice was for nothing! All you saved was my puny little life! And I can’t get over it!”
She looks at you strangely when you say this.

“I just wish there was someling that I could talk to, somling who would understand, but they’ve either abandoned me or are…gone…” you say sadly.

“I can listen to you, just tell me” she says bubbly.

“I can’t, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Why wouldn’t I?” she asks.

“Because…because…” you struggle before suddenly you see her perk up.


“Is it because you were transported to by a time travelling alien to another universe where your counterpart turned into a giant monster and destroyed the whole world before you could save it and now you feel super sad about it?” she guesses causing your jaw to drop to the floor.

“How…how…” you stutter.

“Oh I just guessed,” she says cheerfully as she crumples up a sheet up paper that says DWC Notes on it, before eating it.

“I…I…” you stutter before you shake your head.

“I think I may have simplified it, but you can tell me if you want to get it off your chest. Talking about problems always makes me feel better.” she says with a smile.

You look at the smile and sigh. You do need to vent. But first things first.

“OK, but I need you to Pinkie Promise me that you will not tell anyone else about what we talk about in this tent.”

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” she chants.

“OK, but just so you know, this isn't going to be fun to hear.” you say as you look back to the ground.

She just nods at this, so you begin.

“You’re right, I was taken to another universe, and the other me destroyed it and everyone on it.”
Her smile lessens, but she nods her head again.

“The other me was plagued by loss, and he took his anger out on everyone…It was horrible.”

“OK, but why do you freak out so much when you see my friends and I?”

“Because they were his first…”
She gulps at this.

“They chased him down, like they had so many times before, only an accident happened that took someone he loved away, and he brutally ended them…”
Her smile vanishes.

“Everyone except you. The other you survived, and it drove her mad. She became a killer almost as bad as him…except that she was on our side. Towards the end, she sacrificed herself and weakened the other me. It’s only because of her that I was able to triumph over him. I told her I was going to go back in time and stop all of it from happening…but I didn’t…” you say with tears in your eyes.

“I didn’t go back in time…Pinkamena died for nothing” you then start crying again.

“I can’t get the images of your friends dead out of my head, it was so horrible. I failed them too. I failed everyling…” you moan before you are wrapped up in a hug.

You cry hard into her shoulder as she pats you on the head for a good long while. After you get it out of your system, you hear her ask.

“Better?”

“I don’t know…” you tell her.
She pulls back and looks at you, although you still see her as Pinkamena.
A surprised look comes over her face as her eyes widen, but then she looks at you meaningfully.

“Listen, don’t go blaming yourself for what happened in that other world, to my other friends, or the other me.”

“B-but I failed…”

“No you didn’t!” she chides. “You survived didn’t you?” she asks and you shake your head yes.

“Well if the other she had any shred of me still in her, then she would count it as a win.”

“But…”

“No buts, you are alive. Yes it’s sad that nopony else made it…really sad,” she says with a sniffle. “But that Pinkie sacrificed herself and she saved the life of a friend. You were her friend right?”

“Um…kind of I guess?”

“Then don’t blame yourself for what happened to her. She wouldn’t want that, I know because I wouldn’t either.”

“B-but the others…”

“You didn’t do it. The fact that you’re sad about that proves you’re not a monster. So there’s no reason to be scared of my friends,” she says.


Well, not for those reasons anyway, you think.

“And if you couldn’t go back in time, then that’s not your fault either, so stop hurting yourself over this and look to the future” she says before putting her hoof on your shoulder.
“I’m not saying don’t forget about the past, all I’m saying is don’t be afraid of it. The other me and her friends are in a better place now, and I know they wouldn’t blame you,” she says with a sincere smile.


You see this smile on Pinkamena’s face and she fades back into Pinkie.
You tear up a bit more, this time to due to relief as you hug her again.

“Thank you…thank you for that…” you sniffle, finally having some of the weight off your mind.

“You’re welcome Hooded Offender. You’re welcome,” she says as she pats your back.

“Oh you have no idea how long that’s been weighing on…WAIT WHAT?!” you cry as you jump back from her.

“What? What’s wrong?” she asks.

“You just called me the Hooded Offender!” you shout.

“Well duh, that’s who you are isn’t it?” she says.

“B-but how I…” you then look down and see your tear soaked mask down your neck and your hat lying on the ground.

“NO! My El Hunko Disguise! It’s compromised!”

“Yeah, you cried really hard when you dug your face into my shoulder,” she says.
You then take up a defensive stance.

“Alright look, I don’t want any trouble alright?” you growl at her.

“Hey, I’m not going to give you any trouble, I just got through giving you a motivational speech after all,” she says. “And don’t worry, I won’t tell anypony who you are.”
You look confused at this.

“Y-you won’t?”

“No, I Pinkie Promised I wouldn’t tell about anything that happens in this tent, and I never break a promise to myself,” she says dutifully.

“Oh…OK…so are we not gonna fight?”

“Nah, I don’t feel like it right now,” she says nonchalantly.
You lower your guard at that, but you keep your eye on her as you put your hat and mask back on.

“So…uh…why didn’t you freak out when you saw who I was, don’t you and the others hate my guts?” you ask.

“Well truth be told Offender, I’ve never actually hated you.”

“Huh?”

“Sure you’re a big meanie mcgrumppants a lot of the time, but you’re not that bad.”

“Wait, really? You could have fooled me, what with all the beatings and torment.”

“Hey, to be fair, you do fight us a lot. But that’s how it goes, we fight you, you fight back, we don’t see each other for awhile, and then rinse and repeat, why do you think I take it easy on you so much?” she says.

“You were taking it easy?!” you shriek flabbergasted.

“Well Duh! I wasn’t going to hurt one of Fluttershy’s friends too badly after all. I don’t want to break you like Dashie or Jackie because Fluttershy says you’re nice.”

“Then why don’t you support her or tell the others to stop hunting me?” you demand.

“Because that’s how the story goes,” she says with a shrug. “We five fight you, while Fluttershy objects and nopony listens to her, then we go on with our lives until you show up again.”

“What? That’s your explanation?”

She sighs, “Look, I don’t much care for it either, but that’s just how the story goes. There’s nothing we can do to control it. Maybe that will change sometime in the future, but until then just know that I don’t hate you OK?”

Still confused by her logic, you just sigh and nod since she isn’t attacking you, and she did make you feel better…a little at least.


“Alright, but just know that I still will fight you if you come after me,” you warn her.


“I know, and I will too, but maybe I’ll take it even more easier on you huh? Would you like that?”


You smirk, “Don’t make it too easy for me, I like a challenge.”

She giggles at that.

"See, you're not so bad. And remember, you may have killed that terrorist guy during Hearth's Warming Eve, but you don't look like a mass murderer to me. So don't worry about becoming a monster. Fluttershy doesn't think you're one, and I'll give her the benefit of the doubt."

You look down at the mention of Fillydelphia, but you nod in apppreciation.

“Also you still need to go and face the others and not be scared of them. You especially shouldn’t fear Fluttershy at all, she’s been your friend through thick and thin alright?”

“Yeah…I will…” you mutter. You know she’s right and you should face them. You know you’ll still feel apprehensive, but maybe it won’t be as terrifyingly bad as it was…maybe.

“Anyway, I have to go distract more ponies till Twilight comes back, that Meanie Pants Sombra is just waiting to get in” she says bounding for the door.

“Pinkie,” you call out causing her to stop and turn her head.
“Thanks,” you say with a smile to which she returns.

“Hey what are friends for?” she says before bouncing out.

"Friends?..." you mutter before shaking your head. You then sit there in the tent and contemplate what just happened.


“OK, Pinkie knows that I’m El Hunko, but according to her own promise rules she can’t say anything. Still, it’s nice to know that at least one of Fluttershy’s friends listens to her and won't murder me outright. I should probably go talk to her, because Pinkie’s right, I shouldn’t fear her, or any of the others…I just got to get it over with... I hope.”

You sigh and walk out into the fair looking for Fluttershy and the others. You eventually spot them as they perform tricks for the Crystal Ponies. You steady your breathing and begin to head over, when all of a sudden, the ground begins shaking hard and the blue sky turns into the raging storm.


“OH NO! OH NO!” Ponies begin shouting around you.

“HE’S COMING BACK!”

You look behind you and you see a wall of dark mist, now with a stallion face and horn coming towards you and laughing. You then add to the panic.


“Bucking Tartarus! It’s the Smoke Monster from Lost! Run before we all start degrading in quality and make less sense! RRRRRUUUUNNNNN!!!!!”


WHAT DO?

Author's Note:

OH NO SMOKE MONSTER!!!
But don't worry Hive Mind, this smoke monster isn't nearly as stupid and dumb as the one from Lost turned out to be...unless you want it to be of course :pinkiecrazy:

Hey Hive Mind,
This is the Brown Dog once again on behalf of our good buddy DWC. We want to apologzie for the late chapter, a combination of school, work, and sickness were to blame. We hope to get this next chapter out by either this Thursday or Friday, but if not then it will be after Labor Day.

Anyway, for the Next Chapter looks like we got a fight on our hands practically anything goes except for 3 things.

1. No Nightmare Cloak (Selena is still comatose and Bugze's Shadow Powers are on the fritz
2. No outing Bugze's Identity (Pinkie Promised not to after all)
3. Don't end the Arc just yet, there's lots of opportunities for a double chapter brawl, let's see what we can do :pinkiehappy:

Other than that, have fun, and let's kick some Dictator Flank!

In response to last chapter's question, you are all correct. We've had some pretty awesome shows come about these last 15 years, who knows what will come out in the coming years.

Today's Question is

What Did You Think Of The Actual Crystal Empire Season Opener?

A lot of people claim it to be the weakest openers to a season, but what do you all personally think about it?

Let us know Hive Mind, and we will see you on the battlefield :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next