• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,199 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,199

PreviousChapters
The Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3 Epilogue

POV: Nightshade


You stand in the semi-broken town with all of the townsfolk and the other assorted weirdoes in your group. Grandbuggy stands next to you, pride burning deep into his eyes.


You want more than anything to rush up and hug Daddy, to praise him and gush on and on about his new cloak and powers, but he holds up his hoof to you all, and you pause.


He silently looks to you all, a look of intense concentration upon his stoic face as the five passed out changelings lay below him.


With his hood down, all of the citizens see his mop of orange hair, and more than a few of them gasp.



“B-Bugze?” you hear Braeburn gasp not too far away.


Some of the guards from the train, even in their buzzed state are unsure of how to proceed.


“What do we do sir?” asks one of them to his superior.


“Well, we wait to see what Nightmare Moon has to say. I think we owe her that.”


As if hearing their conversation, your dad clears his throat, quieting everyone down.


“Citizens of Appleloosa! Royal Guards of Canterlot! And everyone else in between. The changeling threat is over!”


Normally in movies, ponies would start cheering and hooting and hollering, but right now, all the ponies do is look around at the burnt and battered buildings, and the three hundred scattered and passed out changelings that invaded.


“I will be taking each and every one of them under my custody, so do not try to stop me,” he says with a pointed look at the guards.


“And do not judge them so harshly despite everything. This was all on Queen Chrysalis who used these desperate starving three hundred. Their attack was not one of maliciousness, but rather desperation. And in the end, they chose to change their paths. Each and every one of them.”


Silence again only greets your dad’s words.


“Now that that’s addressed, I’ll get to what all of you are thinking. The claims you’ve heard against me are true. I AM The Host of Nightmare Moon.”


Murmuring and whispers abound at that as each and every one of them takes that information in.


“It was not by Celestia, nor Luna’s hooves that saved your town. It was by mine and hers. Nightmare Moon and her Hooded Offender.”


The whispers keep going. Some wondering aloud if this means they have to serve Nightmare Moon now, others asking if Eternal Night is now coming.


“But hear this Appleloosa, there is nothing that we wish in compensation for this charity.”


That shuts up all of their mutterings.


“No compensation, no recourse, nothing. All that we desire is to impart on you one simple truth.”


“A-and what’s that?” Braeburn asks aloud for everyone and Daddy looks to him with a smile.


“She no longer is the Nightmare Moon of legend. She goes by a new name now. From this day forth you will know her as Princess Selena of the Night. I the Hooded Offender am not just her host, but her friend. We chose to save this town, and we will help you rebuild. All that we ask is that you not make us your enemy. We don’t want to fight.”


His voice echoes across the town as they all stare at his sincere face, when finally Braeburn walks forth.


“You said you were gonna help fix up the town?”


Your dad smirks at the cowpony.


“I’m a great handyman.”


Braeburn grins from ear to ear.


“Well you did save us, and you’re gonna help fix up around here. I think that sounds like a fine deal. How about you Sheriff?”


The sheriff adjusts his hat and vest as he gives his own nod.


“Yeah, I reckon that sounds like a fine plan indeed.”


At this declaration there is further talking amongst the ponies, but this time, it is more energetic and excited.


Good job Braeburn. You’re my second favorite Apple after Applebloom.


Daddy then waves his hooves out to calm down the speaking.


“Very well then. Towns Ponies, I need you to set up a medical station for those that have been injured. The still capable of you, I want you to help me gather all of the Changelings and bring them to that Blue Box in the center of town. Knights, Guards and everyling else head to that Blue Box immediately. We have things to discuss...”


And they all obey him. Without a word of protest, they follow your dad’s instructions to the tee.


It’s about Gorramned Time we got some respect around here, you smile in vindication as Aqua chuckles and gives you a hoofbump.


With everyone moving, you finally bound your way to your Daddy and hug him tightly.


“I love you so much Mom and Dad,” you declare and they hug you back with gusto.


“Thank you my precious,” you mom says before your dad’s voice adds. “Thanks for always meaning it too.”


You giggle at that as daddy’s hoof rubs your head.


Before you can start gushing about the new cloak though, he adds.


“By the way. Sombra says Thanks too.”


You smile at that and stare deeply past your dad’s eyes, almost willing yourself to see your friend.


“Tell him I said No Problem.”


For a brief moment, there is a wisp of green and it fades, causing you to smile even harder.


Tsundere much?


POV: Grandbuggy


It’s been an hour since the end of the fight, and everyling’s done just what your boy has ordered.


If life had been different, if things had been happier and luckier for your family, he probably would have made a great leader somewhere.


The knights all sit within the hospital room, being aided by Mia, Aqua and Jack, while you stand looking over the three hundred, plus their five officers.


You sigh in sympathy for every one of them.


You dang younguns. Going and trying to die for nothing. At least my boy got you all to pull your heads out of your arses before you crossed that final finish line.


And you know he succeeded, because as a changeling, you can smell and taste the emotions that come off of them. One of hope, love, and acceptance. It’s a sickeningly sweet smell that you haven’t tasted since you were far in the future.


Ah heck, you’re all just primed to go fruity colors…that might actually screw up history… you think in trepidation before shaking it off.


Ah to Tartarus with history. I’m sure the Doc’s got a plan so that shaking little twig in the North still becomes the Changeling savior.


Just as you think that, in through the door walks the stallion who is both your dearest friend, and your worst enemy.


He looks over all the intruders in his precious little machine and just sighs and shakes his head.


“Quick Fix-“


“Don’t even start Doc. I don’t even want to hear about it. All I care about is that noling had to die, and my boy ain’t lost in his own head anymore.”


The Doctor just lets out another sigh and stands beside you looking them over.


“How the buffalo doing?” you ask.


“They are fine, many of them just with minor burns. It doesn’t matter how tough you are, a lightning sneak attack can best even the mightiest of warriors.”


“Hmmph. I bet their horns were chaffed that they missed out on the final battle.”


“Just a tad, though if it weren’t for their help, I wouldn’t have been able to reverse the relay points so easily. Right now they’re all just glad their pony neighbors aren’t hurt, and are giving their own aid to help restore the town.”


You both sit there staring at the unconscious drones as you hear your Great Granddaughter in another room chatting excitedly with Aqua.


“This is going to have consequences. You must know that Fix,” The Doctor breaks the silence.


“Yeah, I know. There’s really no way to sweep something like this under the rug. But you can skirt the truth enough.”


“That’s all you can hope for in a situation like this. What of the twenty actual guards from the train?” he asks.


“My boyo’s having a talk with them now. They serve the Princesses, but right now they’re willing to twist how things went down. It helps that the revered Aqua Bounty Hunter is giving support. The guards all over the country love her.”


It doesn’t hurt that she’s got a great, tight little body, you think with a chuckle. The Doctor has known you long enough to know your lewd thoughts and just rolls his eyes.


“So what’s the story they’re going with?”


“The truth in a sense. The Changelings were the real Knights, and they all escaped to serve their mistress. There’ll probably be another Changeling hunt, but they ain’t gonna find anyling aside from Chryssy and her cronies in that jail.”


He raises an eyebrow at that.


“So, no mention of The Offender?”


“They owe him this much, and those group of dumbasses in there. They’ll more than likely be called upon to hunt him again down the road, but at least at this moment they can settle the debt in a way that they don’t lose their jobs. The folks in this town sure as Tartarus ain’t gonna rat him out.”


“And with the Ascension and Coronation, occurring, they more than likely won’t take precedence,” the Doctor nods at the cleverness of your plan.


“Exactly. Them guards will take their train to the prison they were supposed to go to. If anyling investigates, all they’ll see is a bunch of townsfolk rebuilding their town after they drove away some escaping weak changelings.”


“I hope so,” The Doctor sighs. “But there’s always her machinations that we can’t always plan for Fix. We never know when she’ll rear her head.”


You wince at that, but don’t say anything because you know he’s right.


“Her curse still affects the families of your bloodline, and that includes Selena and Nightshade now.”


“I know Doc. I know. And now that I’m back, she might just turn her eye more forcefully toward them. But even if that’s the case, I ain’t going to be missing any more. I’m not going to let my own struggle alone. Family is everything Doc, and I think it’s about time I become a part of mine again.”


“Fix,” he tries to dissuade you, but you shake him off.


“No. That jealous strumpet has taken too much for me. I’m not gonna let her have them.”


The Doc gives another one of his sighs and you know you’ve won.


“If that’s your decision. Does Bugze even know?”


You close your eyes and shake your head.


“In some way I suppose so, but not really. He curses against Lady Luck, but he has no clue how literal that is for us. I think I might have to tell him eventually, but I’d rather he not have that knowledge on his soldiers right now.”


He looks to your face and nods solemnly.


Wanting to get away from the topic that’s plagued you and your family’s lives for three generations, you ask.


“So, what’s the plan for them?”


He looks back to the three hundred.


“This many changelings aren’t supposed to reach this level of enlightenment for another three years. Quite literally, they shouldn’t even exist until King Thorax ascends.”


“I thought as much,” you agree. “So where does that leave them?”


“Like I said, they shouldn’t exist for another three years.”


Understanding comes over you and you smirk shaking your head.


“Boy is that antlered bug going to have a field day.”


“Quite so…and I think that after that, the TARDIS will be parked for awhile.”


You look at him in surprise.


“Parked for awhile?”


He nods and pulls out a certain pocket watch you haven’t seen in a long time.


“Whoa, Whoa now, what’s the meaning of this? You retiring?”


“Yes, for this incarnation at least. I’ll be telling Bugze when this is all over as well. You’re not the only one who has to get back to his family.”


You raise your eyebrows even further at that declaration.


“Since when do you got a family?”


He blushes at that and looks away.


“Well, you’ve met Ditzy right?” you nod remembering the cross eyed cutie. “Well, it turns out during an um…well we were overjoyed and celebrated a successful trip and well…we sort of…” he stammers.


“You gonna have an aneurism Doctor?” you tease.


“It’s difficult to explain. Ditzy has a young daughter, and has since I met her. Wonderful adorable little filly named Dinky. Well turns out through wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, that she is…That I’m her…”


You smile trollishly at that.


“Oh you old dog. I never thought you had it in ya. What with running out on your marriage to Princess Platinum way back when,” you laugh and clap his back.


“And that’s the last time I drank around you,” he huffs before glaring at you. “But yes, I’d only found out recently, and would have told Ditzy after retrieving you, but you stranded me for months away from her and Dinky. To say she might be upset is an understatement.”


You wince as a bit of guilt hits you.


“Ah dang, I didn’t mean for that to happen. Well feel free to throw me under the bus if it helps you get her back.”


“I’d already planned on it…Fix, I’m going to try and be mortal for this life, and I’m not going to let the TARDIS fall into yours or anyone else’s hooves in that time so don’t go looking for it.”


You nod in agreement at his declaration.


“Not like I need it anymore. Do with your toy what you like. If you’re gonna be living in Ponyville I’ll say hello if I’m in town.”


“I may not remember you,” The Doctor warns.


“No, but I’ll remember you, and that’s the only thing that matters.”


You both then stop talking as your Grandson enters the room and walks to you two as the twenty guards walk out of the TARDIS.


“Bugze, how’d it go?”


“They agreed to the plan. Should help me rebuild the town in peace. The knights are still recovering in the medical room so I haven’t told them the “good news” yet.”


“Many of them are still dangerous Bugze, even if they were puppeted by the Changelings,” the Doctor points out.


“Yeah, but when it counted, they saved the day. I’m not gonna let them off scott free, but that’s where Jack comes in.”


“He’s just going to love that,” you chuckle.


“But before we discuss that, there’s something else we need to take care of right now,” he says looking to the Changelings on the ground.


Your grandson then tells the both of you his plan. You and the Doctor look at each other quizzically as you chuckle and say,


“Well, it looks like antlers is gonna have his hooves even more fuller than we thought.”


POV: Chrysalis


You barely have the power to stand on your four hooves, and your subjects, awoken by the Broken Hive Mind, laze around you. None of you have power, but you stand anyway because against all logic, He has appeared in the middle of the prison with a large Blue Box.


Logic doesn’t even register right now anyway. So much has happened, and you can’t understand how you feel about the Male Changeling in front of you.


“You…You came back for me?” you ask. You don’t know whether it’s in fear or hope. He does not answer you. He just gives you a look that could either be pity or disgust. Or both.


He was your larvaehood playmate. You used to protect him, and you grew very fond of his company. But as you aged, Mother took more control and he had to be let go. Even now, you regret that. But even with Mother dead, you can’t quite comprehend him.


He said he forgives me…but how? Why is he so confusing. I don’t understand!


Your mind rumbles. You want to take him for your own, you want to strike him dead for all that he’s done, you want him to hold you and tell you everything will be ok, and you want him kill you all so that it will all end.


He then looks to the other changelings within the prison and shakes his head in sorrow. Before he raises his hoof the one with that infernal glove upon it.


In the light of each of your changeling’s eyes, you suddenly see an awareness and you feel.


“You are all free from her control. I have given you the ability to choose. Right at this moment, I have the 300. To their family and friends, I say this, I am going to give them a better life. A life where you aren’t starving and weak. A life away from her, and you can join them!” he sends a snarl at you and you wince.


So, he is going to kill me and claim the throne. How utterly devious. I will have your head on a pike! Oh…just take me now…you drool at how strong and forceful he’s gotten.


The drones have varying degrees of emotions upon their faces.


Blind obedience is what should be enforced Chrysalis! Your mother’s voice echoes in your mind and you growl.


Shut up you old bat you’re dead!


“I will give you the choice on how you wish to live, just like I gave every one of them the choice. For those who wish freedom, come with me now. For those who wish to stay, I will allow it. So choose.”


Hah! As if they will choose. They know who their real leader is. They know…don’t they?


There is then a shift in the prison. Those that come towards you, and those that walk towards @#$% and into his blue box.


“Traitors! All of you!” you shout, but you take no action. You are too weak, and he is too strong.


When it’s all said and done, you still have the majority of the hive on your side, and they have done so willingly, but you’ve lost over a thousand to him.


“Right. Is this everyling?” he asks. All is silent as your loyal subjects stand beside you.


He solemnly nods.


“The choice is yours then…” he then looks you dead in the eye and your heart nearly stops.


“These changelings chose you Chrysalis. Don’t forget that. You have all the love and support with them that you could want. Goodbye.”


He then turns back around and starts to enter the box.


“No Wait! $@%!” you call as you stumble after him. “Please don’t go. Stay with me! Let me understand and love you! Quit fogging my mind!”


When he whirls around, you are stopped dead in place by the sight of his orange and red glazing eyes.


“Don’t you dare come near him you B!@ch!” a dark female voice escapes his lips, causing you to sneer. “My Bugze may all be for forgiving you, but I won’t allow you to hurt him again.”


“He was mine before he was yours you shadow of a false goddess!” you snarl at the whorse who has given him his power…and who has given him a daughter.


It Should Have Been Me!!!


“Maybe so, but he’s MINE now. You ensured that when you killed him and gave him my jewel. If you ever try anything to hurt him or any us again, I will pay you back a hundredfold for your sins. Understand?”


I’m the most beautiful changeling in the hive! My body is perfection and she doesn’t even have one! She can’t be greater than Me! She Can’t!


When you don’t answer the eyes glow more fiercely as she utters one last warning.


“Stay Away…”


And like that the eyes fade back to changeling blue.


“Oh I won’t be swayed that easily whorse. Just you wait, I’ll-“


“Chrysalis,” he says with his voice, causing you to stop. “Be happy…”


And with that, he enters the mysterious box and it fades out of existence.


“Happy? He wants me to…What?” you sputter. “What does that even mean. I’m still trapped in here. We’ll still die, even if it is with my loyal subjects. The only way I can be happy is…”


I have to survive.


You look at your subjects who willingly chose you. The blind obedience in their eyes is just what mother said it should be.


We have to survive. Because the only way I can be happy is…


“If I kill that b!$ch in your head, and take you for my own…”


You smile vindictively at that.


Oh yes. I’ll survive. I’ll get out of here, and I’ll make them all pay. And then, only then with you $#%@, will I truly be happy!


It’s so simple really, it’s funny. So you laugh. You laugh and laugh till your lungs hurt and even the guards outside notice.


You laugh because you have a purpose again. You laugh because you have a fute.


You Laugh, because you’re going to make your dreams come true.


POV: Aqua


You stand next to your partner Mia after even more Changelings have been brought on board, none of them are hostile as they stand watch over the three hundred, but you two remain vigilant.


“So…any idea where the Doctor is gonna dump these lot?” you ask.


Mia shakes her head in the negative.


“No, I’d asked Jack, but all he said was that The Doctor would take care of it. Personally I’m thankful. We won’t have to deal with them. If we did, chances are I’d be the one feeding them daily.”


“Ah right, you do deal in love magic. Is that what you swept through the prison as CV was talking?” you ask.


“Of course. Even a blind pony could tell how decrepit and starving they were. I sent out a wave to at least keep them healthy,” she responds.


“Yeah, but who knows if that will come back to bite somepony in the flank,” you point out.


“Well I didn’t give them that much. Just enough so that every one of them wouldn’t feel the pangs of hunger,” she defends. “It gave these lot the power to move and enter the TARDIS on their own.”


“Yeah, I know, I just don’t like the idea of Chrysalis and her goons having any power…but I guess we couldn’t just let them starve after everything CV went through.”


Mia nods again before shuddering a bit.


“You know, before his cloak shifted into that grey, crystallized form, I felt paralyzed at his site.”


“Yeah I know the feeling, and I only ever faced off against a much weaker form,” you agree as you rub your arm of its phantom pain.


“Yes…I can’t help but feel immensely relieved that that version is gone. This new one makes me feel…at ease is the best way to describe it, and I really don’t know why,” Mia reminisces.


You nod as well and you let out a small smile.


“Me too Mia. It’s about time my buddy got to be the hero and have it mean something.”


Mia smirks at that and gives you a conspiratorial look.


“Oh, is that the type of stallion you’re into? The overly heroic type? I guess that makes sense why you jumped in the sack with Jack, but I’m sure we can find a stable guy for you to-“


“Oh for Pete’s Sake Mia!” you groan as you facehoof and she giggles. “Can you NOT ship for five minutes?”


“I’ve tried, but look at all those reuniting loved ones over there,” she points at the changelings kneeling over the passed out ones.


“And plus, it looks like we’ll have plenty of single guys joining the team soon. There’s plenty of options.”


“I helped put those guys in jail in the first place!” you groan at CV’s, Jack’s, and The Doctor’s decision. “If those friggen weirdoes join, then they better keep a safe distance from me.”


POV: Jack


You stand in the closed off medical section where the injured Crimson Knights sit. They more than define the term, “A Ragtag Bunch of Misfits.” Morality wise, they range from Grey, to Black, but then again you’ve never had trouble getting your hooves dirty, unlike the Doctor.


Look wise, they range from “Nope, Tartarus No,” with Kersey and Erised, to “Oh in a heartbeat,” with Candy and Changer. Everyone else you’d put in the middle for consideration.


But on a serious note, you know that they all have potential.


You and the Doctor both stand to the side of Bugze in his Hooded Offender cloak, and Quick Fix stands behind you near the door.


And here comes the no doubt “inspirational speech.” Quick Fix gave too many of those. But I suppose that’s why Smithy chose him. You smile at the memory of golden times spent traveling the stars with your friends, but only for a moment. Now’s the time for business.


“All of you,” Bugze starts. “First off I just want to say, thank you for your help today.”


“No Problem Boss!” Brown Dog calls out.


“It’s not as if we had a choice,” Kichi points out.


“Yeah, if we didn’t, we’d have all been Changeling food,” Rutherford points out.


“Well be that as it may I still had to say it,” he interrupts quieting them down. “Because I mean it. Before I even arrived, you stood your ground and you guys put your lives on the line to help others in need.”


“Well yeah, like we were just gonna abandon them, we’re not monsters,” Snap Drake speaks up.


“Tactically you should have killed them so that the changelings wouldn’t have a chance to feed on them. It would have saved up supplies. I would have told you this if you had woken me up earlier!” Kersey grumbles from his bedside.


Changer gives a pointed look, “Most of us at least aren’t monsters.”


“I got that,” Bugze sighs and rubs his head before composing himself. “But yeah, what I’m trying to say is, even if this was all fake, even if the Crimson Knights were puppets of the Hive, even after all the bad stuff you’d done on your own, you acted like heroes in the end.”


“Heroes? Nah. We were Warriors! Skeleton Warriors” Silver pronounces.


“Not everything is about bones you simplistic moron,” Erised chides.


“I’m…I’m trying to compliment you here,” Bugze says in frustration.


“There’s no need for praise,” Solarkness speaks up. “We looked out for one another as a pack should. To a lesser extent, our protection included those around us.”


“Well I appreciate the sentiment,” Candy says humbly. “It’s much more than I got working for that turd,” she points at Kersey.


“Wait, you’re that stupid errand bug aren’t you! I knew there was something more about you that I was disgusted by. More than usual anyway.”


“I don’t think you’re in any position to be disgusted. When’s the last time you took a bath?” Grey Rebl insults.


And like that, each of them begin talking amongst themselves and you see Bugze slump his shoulders.


Wow. No wonder those guards were so willing to let them go…But I’ll accept this challenge, you think in resolve. Now dangle the carrot Bugze before you go more crazy.


“Alright, Alright, listen up you lot,” he barks and they quiet down. “With all that said, I believe there was a promise I made for you all.”


They look expectantly at that.


“First of all, none of you will be going to that prison, but like I said before, I can’t just set you free either. And so, I’ve come up with a compromise with my allies.”


“A compromise?” asks Rutherford.


He motions for you and you walk forward.


“That’s right you wonderful twits. That compromise is me. I run a little organization you might have heard of. Torchwood.”


Some of their eyes alight at that, and you smirk.


“A lot of the serial films like to embellish, but for the most part, we do protect the world from Extraterrestrial threats. Today was a bit different, but I owed a friend,” you glance at Grandbuggy. “Though if there ever is a chance to help, we’ll be there.”


“Ookkkaayy…And what does that mean for us?” asks Brown Dog.


“Well Gentlemen, I think it’s very simple. You join Torchwood.”


They all look around at that.


“You want us to be secret agents?” asks Grey Rebl.


“That’s right.”


“And work for the government that locked us up in the first place?” Kichi adds.


You shake your head, “Torchwood doesn’t operate under any one nation’s authority. We protect the whole world. I have an understanding with the Princesses, and they dare not meddle with my affairs.”


“Even if you employed some so called “Wanted Fugutives?”” asks Changer.


“Well in actuality, you’re all labeled as Changelings now, and your identities cast into doubt. The Royals will soon learn exactly how The Hive was the true Crimson Knights all along and busted out of the transport train.”


“But, why can’t you just let us go then?” asks Rutherford.


“Because like the Offender said, you did still commit crimes, even if you were being manipulated. And I know many of you enjoyed them,” you give a look to Erised, Kichi, and Kersey especially. “But thankfully, none of you ever crossed the line so far, and in response to your actions today, I’m offering you a chance of redemption. Make up for your past ways, and start anew. As an added bonus, those of you with families will be reunited,” you look to Rutherford and Changer.


Everyone looks to each other before Erised asks,


“And if we refuse?”


“Well then, I said you weren’t be going to that prison…but we do have means of holding enemies.”


They all become silent at that, deep in thought. At this, Bugze speaks up again


“The choice is entirely up to you. You’ve heard your options, but I hope that you all choose the right one…” he then says wistfully, “Because today you guys acted like how true members of The Horde would have, before it got twisted by Flag Burner and the Changelings. You have my gratitude for that. Make your decisions…and goodbye.”


He then turns and walks past his grandfather out the door.


Yup, just like Quick Fix and his flair for the theatrical, you smirk as you look to the misfits.


“You heard him boys. So what’s your answers?”


After looking back and forward at each other for a bit, one of them raises his paw into the air.


“Yes?” you ask the diamond dog.


“Do we get to wear awesome spy clothes?”


You smile and nod.


“Well I’m in. Chicks love guy’s in uniform. I will require a new pair of shades though, got sensitive eyes.”


“That can be arranged.”


“Heck yeah! I’m coming too Brown. We can be like Haymes Bond and have cool gadgets and stuff!” Snap Drake cheers.


“And we’ll be able to afford the top shelf booze!”


They both fist bump and laugh uproariously.


That’s two.


Silver Strange then speaks up.


“You’ll take us in, now that the Offender kind of, you know, broke what was left of the Hive?”


“We accept all species. And we have ways of keeping a Changeling full,” you offer.


Silver looks to Candy and back to him.


“I’ll join then. Wherever Brown Dog and Snap Drake go, I go.”


“Count me in as well. I feel safe with you guys,” she says gripping Silver’s shoulder. “And I don’t want to lose that.”


You nod at their determination.


That’s four.


“Hmmm,” you look over to see Grey Rebl looking at his broom, a poor replacement to his signature mop, which snapped in two during the fight. With a grim face, he asks,


"Will I get an indestructible mop? It'll be bucking cool if it's made of that Weeping Angel stuff."


You shudder at the mention of the Angels.


“All it would be is a stone mop, but there are plenty of other materials available.”


“Well, as long as I get a mop, I’ll join ya.”


In other words, he'd rather clean and be the janitor he was meant to be than be imprisoned. You chuckle, shaking your head ruefully. Typical. That’s five.


"I guess I really have no choice then,” you look over to see Changer speaking with his eyes closed. “I'll work with you, but I still don't see what I did wrong. Yes, I did try to get revenge, but before that I was an innocent fool. I joined the Knights thinking it would give me a home, always wondering if it was the right step forward. I was picked as a Knight leader because they needed it to be an even number. Only really 2 of the 10 other leaders truly cared about me."


“Don’t sell yourself short buddy,” Brown Dog encourages.


“We all kind of broke up after you died after all,” Snap adds.


"Well at the very least I only really care for you two. But there are others I care for. My parents are still alive, and I don't want them to see what I've become, but it's inevitable. Instead of lying to them, I'll show them I'm not the bad guy,” he says in determination looking to Grandbuggy.


That’s Six.


"Even if you have a grouchy attitude now." Kichi replies.


“Grouchy’s better than pedophilia.”


"I’m not a- You know what forget it,” the changeling huffs. He then looks at your expectant face.


“We’re not really being given many options. Either go to prison again or work as slaves. I thought slavery was forbidden in Equestria.”


“Says the guy who enslaved children,” Rutherford cat calls.


“Oh Come On! All I’m saying is, that’s kind of a bad deal.”


“When did I ever say slaves?” you point out. “Agents of Torchwood have lives and loved ones outside of work. True we won’t just let you run around all willy nilly again, there are some rules to follow. And two big ones are no kidnapping children, and no criminal syndicates.”


“Ugh. And what about the Offender? He’s still wanted for crimes and he’s out there all free. Does the strongest guy make the rules no matter what?”


“What he has isn’t freedom, and he’s earned enough from me for him to walk his own path. It’s more beneficial that way.”


“Oh alright fine,” he crosses his arms. “I’ll join as long as I get to play videogames…and I can sign a contract and have my lawyer look over it,” he says looking to Rutherford who nods.


“Quite true,” the Wyvern speaks up. “The whole reason we got into this mess was because we didn’t follow proper procedural techniques. I would personally like to oversee any contract you would make out for us.”


“That can be arranged, I like a formal type,” you smile at him.


“I’ve already got a mate pal. And you say that we will be reunited with our families? How are living conditions going to factor?”


“Torchwood operates all over the world my good sir. We have agents everywhere.”


“And I can feel free to be with my family, and have access to my wealth without the Equestrians interfering?”


“Since you all never gave up personal information, they wouldn’t know to look for that angle. And don’t worry about us trying to use your fortune. Our funds are near limitless compared to what you have.”


“Very well. I may not like the Equestrian Government, but if you can keep them away from my personal life, then I’ll fight for you.”


“We’ll get to those contracts soon then.”


That’s Eight.


The Wyvern then looks to the Timberwolf on the next bed over.


“Sol? What say you?”


Solarkness breaths in visibly, before opening his eyes and looking into yours.

"I never was a Horde Member, no matter what the Offender claims. Even if I hadn't just been a puppet, my loyalty never laid with the Horde. All the time I thought I was a leader, it was always the Crimson Knights I thought I was leading, not the Horde. I'm a Knight through and through."


He looks away to the side, staring at Brown Dog,


"And I didn't put my life on the line to help others in need. I put my life on the line for the real Crimson Knights. Against those attacking from the inside, manipulating us," His gaze wanders from Brown Dog to Rutherford, "And against those attacking from the outside."


Looking back to you he declares,


“They are my pack now. I will defend anyone who would attack it, even if it was the Offender himself. And since you saved my life, and since my new Alpha has decided, I will be joining you.”


You raise a new eyebrow at that?


“New Alpha?” you ask.


“Yes. The true leader of The Crimson Knights,” he says while looking to Brown Dog.


“Wait, HE’S your alpha now?” asks Rutherford in surprise as many of the others are shocked as well.


“That’s so bucking stupid you miserable pile of wood,” Kersey growls. “You inferior life-forms should not flock to other inferi-*BONK*


“Quiet Down Fatso,” Candy chides after having bonked him.


“I mean, I’m flattered and everything Sol, but I don’t think I’m-“ Brown Dog tries to wave off, but is interrupted.


“No, it matters not if you are a lazy drunk, when the chips were down, you took leadership and kept us alive. That’s what counts.”


“I…well alright then. Glad to have you along then,” Brown Dog smiles.


Nodding, he looks back to you.


“To you, The Doctor, and most especially The Offender, Thank you for trusting the Knights, and thank you for making it possible for us to continue."


That’s Nine.


While the overweight pony still reels from being struck over the head, you look to the pale changeling giving you an intense look.


“Well Ink Moth? What’s your decision?” This guy is one of the ones you were iffy on, not only for his past, but for his outlook on life. So it comes to no surprise when he answers confrontationally.


"So let me get this straight. We can either get locked in time jail, by you... or become part of your group, with all the red tape that comes with it? I’m with the pedophile, how is that any kind of choice?"


"Well we can't simply turn you all loose to do as you please," you repeat, "You especially are still considered a dangerous criminal. Your choices today don’t change facts, but they do give you a choice. So yes... this is the choice you get."


"It's not a bad deal,” Grandbuggy tones in, "Torchwood does a lot of good."


Erised simply sneers.


"Your definition of 'good' is far different than mine. Take what happened today for instance, your intervention saved everyone. ...everyone. Those changelings would have turned this town into a lifeless husk! ...Yet they're still alive and in the next room," Erised says with a scowl, "You know what I'd have done differently."


"Ink-moth, enough,” Grandbuggy scolds. “This senseless hatred of your own kind has to stop. They're not all evil." Grandbuggy scolds him.


"No?" he asks with narrowed eyes, "Those ones outside were."


“Oh really?” you say in skepticism at his anger. “Being scared and desperate? Wanting to free their families? Being flooded full of pure unfiltered will to the point of self destruction? That sure sounds pure evil to me.”


"How convenient." Erised sneers, "How convenient that those who chose to follow Chrysalis can now use her as a tidy scapegoat for their actions. How sickening that those who chose cruelty aren't properly punished for their crimes.”


“Like you?” Grandbuggy asks simply and he sneers. “And you’re wrong you old bug. Not everyone gets to make a choice. Some never had the opportunity like you or I.”


“Well it doesn’t matter! If this is a taste of what I can expect from Torchwood, then I want no part of it! Forgiveness is a weakness that cannot be tolerated.”


“Oh Come On Erised, don’t be like that after all we’ve been through,” Brown Dog implores.


He sighs at this, “You are all fools, even if we were allies. At the end of the day, I cannot accept these ideals. I will not forgive the Hive…” He then looks to Grey Rebl giving him a disappointed look. “And neither should you forgive me.”


The pale changeling breathes in slowly, and looks to you.


"That's my answer.”


The Doctor sighs, breaking the silence he’d held since the beginning.


"I had hoped for more…but I expected as much."


Erised nods solemnly and stands up. He glances at all of the faces of his fellow Knights, before closing his eyes and shaking his head. He looks back to the Doctor.


“Do what you must you ignorant fools,” he declares as he limps away from them, and past you towards the door, no speed or haste to his movements.


The Doctor then pulls out a bronze pocket watch and flicks it open. Almost instantaneously, Erised no longer stands there. Looking to the Doctor’s watch you see on the inside an ink drawing of Erised, frozen mid-step, eternally walking away.


"Perhaps he can be brought back sometime, if he's needed." The Doctor says, flicking the watch closed. "Until then, I’ll leave him in your care Jack.”


You nod and accept the watch.


Before looking to the Knights, the majority of them have disappointed looks on their face.


“It was his decision,” you declare before looking to the last one. The other problematic one.


“So big boy, you’re the last one left what is y-“


“Screw you guys! If I have to choose between working with bucking BROWN DOG as the bucking leader, I’ll choose whatever prison you got!”


“You are so bucking petty,” Brown Dog groans and pacepaws.


“And you’re a worthless waste of air! Go on! Lead them all to their deaths. I’ll be happy wherever you stick me.”


Well, at least we have nine you think positively.


You then look to the Doctor.


“Does he deserve the watch treatment like Ink Moth?”


“No, Erised was dangerous, this one is just an annoyance.”


“And wherever I go, I demand entertainment and good food!” Kersey snorts. “I deserve it for all that I-*BONK*” This time, Candy’s strike knocks him out.


"Hmm, I think I got something in mind…” The Doctor smirks.


Some Time Later


You all watch on a screen as Kersey awakes.


“Oooohhh…” he groans as he looks around. “Stupid Changeling B!$#%. Huh? What’s this?”


He picks up the note on his chest.


“'Dear Kersey. We’re sad that you didn’t join us. But as thanks for helping in battle, here’s your reward. All the food you can ever eat, and countless movies to watch. Enjoy,'” he reads off before looking around.


“Well alright then. This is what I’m talking about,” he cheers as he looks to the Recliner Chair and the big projector screen on the other side of the room.


“Oh I could live with this. No more Brown Dog, no more inferior life forms. No more anyone! Just me, and my movies and my food,” he says wistfully as he walks to the kitchen behind the chair.


Upon opening the fridge though he pales.


“No….” he then starts pulling food out and throwing it on the ground.


"No, No, NO!!! Spinach?! Brussel Sprouts?! Daisies?! There's NOTHING to bucking eat!" Kersey bellows in panic, as there are no sweets or junk food in site.


"Oh you bucking jackasses! Surely there’s a store or-NO!” he bellows again as he looks out the window and sees that there is nothing but open plains as far as the eye can see.


“Oh gods. This can’t be happening! I’ll just…I need a high body-count blockbuster to keep my mind off my starvation! Yes, that’s it…"


Kersey then lumbers over to the room labeled “Film Library” and opens it, only to immediately slam into the shelves in his hunger-induced panic causing the film reels to spill on him. He starts looking through the pile of movies only for his eyes to widen in growing realization and horror,


"I Am Not Your Zebra? The Invisible Conflict? Koyaanisqatsi? These aren't actual movies! They're documentaries! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”


You sigh and shake your head at the obese pony making his own Tartarus.


“On second thought, maybe it would have been kinder to put him in the watch,” Brown Dog winces in sympathy.


“He’ll be fine. He’s got his food and his movies on his very own planet. He’s not going anywher-”


"WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK!"


You all turn to the screen and see Kersey futilely trying to cut his wrists with a daisy.


"...On second thought I better knock him out and remove all sharp objects and strong string from his house."


You then turn to the nine who accepted your invitation.


“Well, with that taken care of. Let me be the first to welcome you all to Torchwood.”


POV: Trixie


“Trixie…Trixie please wake up.”


You hear his voice from a distance, as if he’s calling you down a long tunnel. There is care in his voice, and yet there is hurt.


But how can I hear him?


A bright flash of light goes off in the distance. It’s colorful, and it smells of smoke. You tepidly trot towards the bursting flashes of light.


How did I get here?


You are standing upon your old stage. The curtain is open, and a poster declares your act.


‘Now Returning to the Stage, The Great and Powerful Trixie’, it reads as your fireworks burst overhead.


“What? But how? The show’s been dead for years…just like I should have been…” you bemoan. You should be dead, you should be gone. It was the only way to make him and the world happy, and yet the times you awoke, the ponies in white would not let you go.


“I only bring suffering to this world…”


“That’s not true Trixie.”


Your ears perk up and your eyes widen as you turn back towards the curtain. It opens to reveal him. The only friend you ever had.


“Hoody…”


He doesn’t wear his cloak. He stands bear, the orange haired changeling who you found on the side of the road all those years ago. The Changeling you betrayed and set upon the world. The Changeling whose life you ruined.


He looks at you in sympathy, and guilt.


“No…You were supposed to be happy,” you gasp out.


“Trixie-“ he begins.


“No! It wasn’t my fault. They didn’t let me go. I tried Hoody. I tried so hard to rid you of my miserable existence. I tried to make it right but I-“


“Trixie!” he barks and you feel your throat choke on your words.


He’s angry again. I failed and betrayed him yet again. Why? Why must I only bring anguish to-


“Trixie please. I forgive you,” he says as his eyes start to water. You really don’t know how to respond to this.


“Y-You forgive me?” you ask hesitantly, before shaking your head. “No, that’s impossible. Not after what I did. You told me it was hopeless. That you could never forgive what had been done to you. For the three years that I-“


“Trixie I was an idiot!” he declares cutting you off again as he walks towards you. “I let my anger and my hatred overwhelm me. I dumped it all onto you.” You back away from his approaching form.


“As you should have. I’m the cause of everything that’s ever hap-“


“NO. YOU’RE. NOT.” He says forcefully as he places his forelegs upon your shoulders, locking you in place. “Trixie…I’ve been putting blame onto others for a long time, and I didn’t accept the things that I did on my own. I chose to ignore my faults, and just hate everyling else. I chose to push you to this point Trixie, and I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”


“F-Forgive you? But you have nothing to be sorry for I-“ You can’t bring yourself to face him as he says this words, so he takes your chin in his hoof and forces you to look at him. His blue eyes hold a sadness so deep it’s unfathomable, but there’s also determination.


“I’m sorry Trixie,” he says once more before he embraces you. “I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry,” he sobs as he hugs you tight.


You stand rigid, unsure of how to proceed.


“B-B-But I…”


“I don’t want you out of this world Trixie. I want you alive and well. I want you to be happy and to put on your shows again. I want you to live.”


“Live? But what good could I do in this world? I only bring ruin,” you resign yourself.


“That’s the despair talking. The despair I pushed you into. You can’t give up Hope Trixie.”


“But I have no Hope anymore,” you admit as the tears gush down your own cheeks. “The only hope I had left was to make you happy again, no matter what. And I failed!"


He holds you tighter after this.


“The only thing that can make me happy, is if my friend fully recovers and goes up on stage again.”


Your breath is taken away.


“F-Friend?”


“Yes Trixie. Friend.”


“B-B-B-B-“


“Friends forgive each other. It’s what they do. It’s why you looked for me for three years. You wanted to own up to your mistakes and apologize. I was just too stubborn and angry to accept it. Forgiveness is a hard thing to accept, but in the end it’s better than holding onto the rage.”


He then pulls back and looks you right in the eye.


“And it’s better than giving up Hope.”


He…He…


“Aaaawwwwaaahhhaaaaa!!!” you cry out as the emotional dam bursts and you embrace him back and shove your face into his chest.


You cry, you cry and cry and cry as the fireworks still continue to burst overhead. You don’t know how much time passes.


After being held by your friend for so long it finally, reluctantly comes time to separate. You hiccup as you try to get your breathing back under control and he gives you a smile.


“Trixie. All of this, on both yours and my side came down to choice. We each made plenty of wrong choices, but we have to try and make the right ones now. This next part is up to you Trixie, but I hope that you choose the right path.”


“Path? What do you mean?”


He lets you go and looks up into the sky.


“When you wake up Trixie, I want you to have hope again, and not to let it go. There’s still some problems that me alone talking to you can’t fix. The doctors looking over you Trixie, please cooperate with them. Let them help you in body and mind. Please choose this path Trixie. I don’t want the world to lose you.”


“When I wake up?” you ask and suddenly a realization hits you. Why are you in your stage and outside after what’s happened to you. You look down at your own hooves as the area around you sort of ripples.


“This…this isn’t real. This is just a dream,” you say aloud as some of your spirits drop, but he places a hoof back on your shoulder.


“Yes. This is a dream Trixie. But you and I aren’t. Remember that when you wake up. Remember that The Hooded Offender forgives you and wants you to live. Remember that your friend cares for you. Choose to believe that.”


You look to him again. Your mind is a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The despair isn’t gone, but it has receded. You do have hope again, but it will be a struggle to claim your life again.


“I’ll…I’ll try Hoody,” you say as you give him a sad smile. “Do you think that we’ll ever see each other again? Be friends in the real world?”


He gives his own sad smile as the world ripples even more.


“That’s for you to decide Trixie. Take back your life Trixie, and if you choose so, then I’ll be out there.”


He then looks up as the world begins to fade again.


“It’s time to wake up Trixie. I forgive you.”


The Hope burns just a bit brighter every time he says that. But as always, your goal was to make him happy too. As the dream burns out, and you hear the heart rate monitor come more into focus, you tell him one last thing.


“I forgive you too.”


POV Change: Dinky Hooves


You awaken as you hear the grinding fading noise. The otherworldly whine of alien machinery you haven’t heard for so long. You aren’t the only one to hear it. You hear your Mommy’s bedroom door open, and the clop of her hooves upon the stairs.


He’s back…You think as you toss the covers to the side, open your door and look down the stairs. In the living room is the big blue box of The Doctor. The stallion that your mother is in love with. The only father figure you’ve ever known.


The stallion himself stands in front of the Box, silent and wracked with guilt as your mom shakes and cries in front of him.


Both of your hearts beat in anticipation. She slaps him once. She slaps him twice. She slaps him a third time, and yet he doesn’t respond.


She goes to slap him a fourth time, and all he does is catch her hoof, and that’s when it all falls apart. Your mommy begins to all out bawl as she embraces the stallion and he pats her back.


“I’m Back Ditzy. I’m back and I’m not leaving again…” he comforts her.


“Y-Y-You better not, y-y-you Jerk!” she sobs as she digs her face into his chest. “I-I-I thought I’d lost you *Sob*


“I know. I know. I have a million things to tell you, but right now, all I can assure you is that you won’t lose me again…”


Adults are so weird with their emotions. Being sad, angry and happy all at the same time. You know how to simplify things as you bound down the stairs to join in on the hug.


The Doctor is Back, and this time, you know it’s for good.


POV: ??? Location: Arctic

You materialize into the physical land after 1000 years. The blizzard around you strikes your unprotected coat, and wind stings your eyes. It felt like it was only yesterday that you entered the black crystal spire. Only yesterday that his kind offered you a way to find him again.


“By Amore, has it really been one thousand years?” you shiver as you try to find your bearings. In the distance, you can feel the pulse of the Crystal Heart.


You push yourself through the snow drifts, till you crest a hill and view your home. The home he usurped and cursed out of time so long ago, and yet it still feels like it only happened months ago for you. The day he broke your heart…and you broke his.


“If the Crystal Heart is glowing, then you’ve been defeated, but the Umbrum felt you. You are alive. I will find you and save you Sombra. I have to…”


Of course you have to help him. No matter what happened he’s your best friend. Your only friend. Your cutie mark is the symbol of healing, and so that’s what you’ll do. You’ll heal the damage between the two of you, and you’ll save the imprisoned Umbrum. You’ll stand by his side, just like you always should have. You just have to find him first.


As you trudge through the snow back to the Crystal Empire, you say in determination.


“Don’t worry Sombra. I’ll fix this. I’ll fix everything. Hope is back.”


A Few Days Later


POV: Bugze (You)


It’s been a few days since the battle of Appleloosa, and in that time, you’ve helped repair several structures. With all of the townsfolk and buffalo helping, the speed in which you progress is astounding.


The townsfolk have welcomed you back, even if some are somewhat weary about the newly revealed Princess Selena residing in your head, but for the most part, things have gone smoothly. The original townsfolk remembered you as the Stetson wearing changeling handyman Bugze, and even with your identity as the Hooded Offender revealed, they have not forsaken you. Even with the government supplies and soldiers sent to help the town, you walk amongst them without them noticing in your El Hunko suit.


Hammering the last nail into the roof of the tavern where the Knights made their stand you rub the newest forming scar on your chest. Thankfully since it wasn’t done with Orichalcum, it will heal normally, but the flesh you took was a big chunk, so it will always be noticeable, but it won’t hurt forever.


Sighing, You look out across the town at the countless others building. The town you will forever and always consider home.


I…I love this town so much, you think in happiness. Why can’t more places be like this?


Because then nowhere would be special now would there? Selena points out.


You chuckle and nod.


Good point. Still, I wish that other places would be more accepting of me, of you, of us, you glance towards Grandbuggy and Nightshade who are helping out Braeburn and Little Strongheart.


As do I Bugze. As do I. But for now, even if it’s only temporary, and even if it’s in one place, your heart beats in happiness and your smile is as wide as ever.


You prove her point as you grin.


Well, I can’t help but feel happy. For once we actually saved the day and got credit and praise for it. Noling died, and I saved everyling. Wherever the Doctor took them, I know that Sin, Biff, Tannen, Vicky and Mongo and all the rest are safe. And to add the cherry on top, Grandbuggy is back.


Ah yes. Do you perhaps feel we should add some ground rules for him? I’d rather not have him corrupt Nightshade with all of his mannerisms.


Oh he’s not so bad. He raised me right?


Exactly, but he is you with more years and less of a filter if that’s possible.


You both look to your Grandfather and daughter.


“So, have you two done the inter-species tango yet?” Grandbuggy nonchalantly asks Braeburn and Little Strong Heart.


“Say what now?” Braeburn mutters as she gasps in shock and Nightshade facehooves.


“If not, you better get to it cowboy, Buffalo gals eventually get a little too big for someone of your size to properly- *BONK* Yowch!”


“Don’t be rude Grandbuggy! They’re friends!” Nightshade scolds the old bug after hitting him upside the head.


“Alright, Alright. Yeesh.” He then looks to a couple of the bouncing Pinkie clones.


“Now what about them? It’s a once in awhile opportunity where you can get with identical mares at the same time, and never with these num-*BONK*”


“How many times I gotta teach you this lesson old man?”


You know, I think she’ll do just fine around him, you chuckle.


If you say so, she comments before giggling herself.


I do so. If she can handle that tsundere king, then she can handle Grandbuggy…Speaking of, any word from him?


Not especially. He still resides within his cell, though I believe he keeps his silence just to torment us since now we do wish to offer our thanks.


Well we’ll let him stew then. Things don’t just get resolved after one day for us, but I’m sure he’ll come around. Maybe he’ll be more appreciative since we’ve stopped with the drugs.


Time will only tell, as the old adage goes.


Yeah…time will only tell…


You look at the steadily rebuilt town as dusk approaches. One year ago, you stood watching this town, and you turned away to protect it. In the end, your homecoming was destructive, but you didn’t become the Nightmare. You became something else. Something better, and noling had to die. After your mental visit to Trixie a few days ago, things have been seeming a lot brighter, but you know it won’t last. You’re all still wanted and will have to move on. There is no rest for the wicked.


You close your eyes, and in an instant, you find yourself projected in your dreamscape, next to the mare in the moon. You give her a smile.


“Selena?”


“Yes my bug?”


“You think we’re going to be Okay?”


She shrugs at that. “In the long run, I can’t say for certain. But here today I can say at least that everything is fine.”


“Thanks. We’ll be moving on eventually. Even if I’m accepted, I still can’t let my luck endanger this town.”


“I thought as much,” she sighs.


“Yeah…soon we’ll have a path though. Jack is looking into ways for you to become physical again. He said there were individuals and items that could help us. He was going to get a list to me as soon as he’s done whipping the Knights into shape.”


She smiles at that.


“Yes I know, I read the same letter as you. The excitement I feel is nigh unbearable.”


“Heh, just don’t go past Pinkie levels of excitement. But yeah, on that topic, I have a question for you.”


She raises and eyebrow and waves her hoof for you to proceed.


“It’s just…when I get you your own body, where do you want to live?”


She seems taken aback by this.


“I mean, where will you be most happiest? I love Appleloosa, and I know Nightshade does too, even if she loves Ponyville just as much, but what about you?”


To this, the alicorn before you smirks and walks over to you, wrapping you in an embrace.


“Home for me is wherever You and Nightshade are. It matters not the physical location,” she says into your ear.


“Well that’s a relief. I’d hate for you to run off,” you smile and chuckle.


“But of course, where else would I go?” she chuckles as she leans back and looks you in the eye.


“I don’t know. I just figured you’d want a castle all to yourself or something.”


“Well if you could build one for me I wouldn’t object. But anywhere will be fine so long as I can hold my daughter in my arms…” she then places a hoof over your heart and gives you a lidded stare, “And you as well…”


“I…uh…” you fumble at the smirking goddess as a blush comes to your entire face.


“Hey Dad! Dad Wake Up!” Nightshade’s voice echoes across the dreamscape, interrupting the moment. Selena looks up to the source of noise before back to you and lowers her hoof.


“Well, until that day comes I suppose,” she replies nonchalantly with a teasing smirk.


“Y-Yeah…” you breathe out and nod nervously before you cough into your hoof. “Um, I’m gonna, you know...?”


“Of course,” she giggles and waves you away.


Nodding spastically again, you open your eyes in the real world, and there on the roof with you are Nightshade with Mangle on her back and Grandbuggy.


“You shouldn’t nap on the job dad, everyone’s looking up to you as a role model,” she teases.


“I wasn’t napping,” you roll your eyes.


“No, but by the looks of it he was daydreaming about something good. Were you imagining a Ancient Romane party with them Pinkie gals like I was?” Grandbuggy trolls as he points out the blush on your face.


“What? No, quite being pervy Grandbuggy,” you wave him off. “Now what do you guys want? I’m sure it’s not just to tease me.”


“Oh right, well little miss whack’a’noggin here got a letter from her coltfriend-“


“He’s not my coltfriend Grandbuggy!” Nightshade shrieks, blushing herself as she holds a scroll in her hooves.


“Oh sorry, right, your Drake-Friend.”


She just groans at this as you give her a look.


“Spike’s sending you letters?” you accuse.


“Don’t you start Daddy,” she warns and holds the scroll tighter. “And yes, but his letter isn’t why we came up here.”


You narrow your eyes.


“We’ll talk about this later missy,” you warn as she rolls her eyes and you look to Grandbuggy. “So what is the issue?”


“This showed up in a white light just after the dragon fire scroll showed up,” he says holding an envelope. On it is written,”


“My Friend!” you yelp as you snatch the envelope at of his hooves and open it up.


“Right, Nightshade says you don’t know who this guy is,”


“I don’t, but he’s always giving me heads up and info.”


He raises his eyebrow and looks to Nightshade.


“I told him it was dumb too,” she shrugs as she opens her own letter.


You ignore their back and forth as you read.

Dear Bugze,

I told you to get out of town as soon as possible, but I guess as soon as possible for you is a sloth riding a turtle to the snail convention. Seriously, now thanks to Trixie’s Seppeku moment and your freakout, now the whole world knows who’s in your head. You’re still a Wanted Changeling for sure, but only in passing. They want to save you from the big bad “clearly evil” boogeymare now. For a so called land of peace and prosperity, they sure are prejudiced aren’t they? But I guess thwarting an invasion and going Super Saiyan God Level is therapy enough for you. But despite everything you’ve accomplished, despite that sense of victory and righteousness you’re feeling, you can’t let it go to your head. You can’t be staying in one place for too long, even if you feel you need to rebuild. Now that Purple Smart has gained the Wings of Destiny, they’ve got more firepower to use against you. Watch Your Back, or it will be an All Out Alicorn Attack.

Signed,

A Friend.

You read the warning again and again.


“What does this even mean? Wings of Freedom for Purple Smart? Alicorn Attack?”


Grandbuggy grimaces at your words and you hear Selena mutter,


No…It can’t be.


What? What can’t be?


“Um, Daddy?” you look over at Nightshade who seems a bit unnerved holding her open scroll.


“What is it baby?”


“I think I know what you’re friend is talking about,” she says as she holds up an invitation that had been rolled up in Spike’s letter.


It reads.

Nightshade

,

You are Cordially Invited By Spike The Dragon to the Coronation of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

And it shows a picture of the bookworm smiling in royal regalia, and pair of wings adorning her sides.


All color drains from your face.


Oh Sweet Heavens, She Did It. That Whorse actually went and did it! Selena curses.


“This is…this has got to be a joke right?”


“I don’t think so Daddy. Spike’s super excited. He’s talking nonstop about how he’d love to have me as his Plus One for the ceremony,” Nightshade answers.


“B-But...”


“Yeah sorry boy,” Grandbuggy says with sympathy as he pats your shoulder. “You had a lot going on, I didn’t want to add this to your plate until later…but I guess the cat’s out of the bag.”


You look from Grandbuggy back to the smiling picture of one of the most powerful ponies in the land, who has apparently gone even more God Tier in her power.


She still wants to hunt you with the other Elements and destroy Selena, and now she has the authority of a Princess to carry out that will.


You slump your shoulders as all your good feelings of the day go right out the window.


“Boy, it’s at times like these that we should yell our family motto to get rid of some of the stress,” Grandbuggy sagely advises.


“Yeah…that sounds like a plan,” you nod, as does Nightshade.


You, Selena, Nightshade, and Grandbuggy all take deep breaths before screaming to the heavens in unison.


“BUCK YOU LADY LUCK!!!”


POV: ??? Location: Unknown


“…’Watch Your Back, or it will be an All Out Alicorn Attack. Signed, A Friend’….Yeah, that sounds good. Sweet Lady Luck I can’t wait for that to happen,” a maniacally happy voice rings out in a darkly lit room, the words on the scroll reflected upon a pair of sunglasses.


“That battle with the changelings, OOH! That was delicious.” A brown hoof places the letter into an envelope, before the lines A Friend are written on top of it.


“But come on man, really? You let everyone go? You didn’t even usurp the throne or become the boss of those idiots? Lame,” the mess of dirty blonde mane beneath the grey fedora shakes in tune with the pony’s disappointment.


“And if I’m disappointed, then so too are the nerds who read the comic,” he groans as he looks over the unfinished panel drawings of the Awakened Cloak. “Looks like another ending I’m gonna have to tweak later, readers like violence and bloodshed after all. I’m thinking more cannibalism is the key.”


The stallion then stands up from his writing desk, adjusting his black suit and red tie.


“But don’t worry Bugze, your best of best friends is gonna make sure the shenanigans continue. You’ve been making too much positive progress lately…”


He then concentrates upon the envelope before it fades away in his hooves.


“Oh boy, that’s sure gonna raise his stupid orange hair,” the sharply dressed earth pony chuckles, before he puts a hoof to his chin in thought.


“Maybe I should have given him another weapon?...Nah, too helpful. The only reason you got that chainsaw, which you BROKE, was because you were near zombies. How could I NOT give you that?”


The stallion shakes his head at these thoughts.


“Nah, this will be good enough. Just a little “helpful reminder” that someone’s looking out for you. It’s much more satisfying when you know the threat is coming and still fail. That’s the essence of Bad Luck,” he smiles unkindly.


“But now that stupid Nightmare Moon went and spoiled the magic behind the curtain, she’ll just have to take on that Bad Luck as well. Same goes for the kid and the old bug. Just more Bad Luck shenanigans to enjoy,” he clops his hoof in glee reflecting the happy mask half of his cutie mark. The sullen frowning mask half comes into play when there is a knock at his door.


“Ugh. Now, time to put on my boring game face. By Lady Luck this is tedious,” he sighs. After adjusting his sunglasses, the stallion exits the door to his room into a large concrete hallway where a figure in a red robe stands, with a stack of papers in their hoof.


“Hey Lackey! Come on and give me a sit rep!” the pony in the suit orders.


“Sir!” the figure salutes. “What do you wish to know sir?”


“Everything,” he answers, as if he is completely clueless on what just went down.


“Well sir, it is as you predicted. The changeling infiltration came to light, and the Hooded Offender dealt with them. It is believed that Nightmare Moon has given him even more power because there is no trace of them.”


“Excellent. And those idiots the bugs put in charge?”


“Reports say they’re missing, most likely killed during the breakout, whether by the bugs or by the Offender we don’t know.”


Oh if only you knew.


“Excellent, that takes care of two of our problems. Those idiots are gone, and the Knights are truly Changeling free. As they should be. And now that the organization has been declared dead, we are free to act without suspicion.”


“Yes…but sir?” the cloaked pony asks trepidly.


“Yeah?”


“It’s just that, now that the changelings have been flushed out, and the false leaders are gone, we are significantly smaller. Shouldn’t we recruit?”


“Nah, you’d be surprised by what can be accomplished by a small number of the truly devout,” he chuckles as he leads the lackey through a metal door and into another low lit room where a breathing unit and a heart rate monitor can be heard.


“Besides, twenty is a nice round number. Especially with all the little gizmos we were able to pillage from Shining’s pet project. How’s our little copy and paste suit coming along?”


“We predict possibly more than half a year. Though we still don’t have a pilot.”


“Oh we will. Once HE wakes up and goes through some tender loving rehabilitation, He’ll be more than happy to jump into action,” he waves off pointing to the large cylindrical capsule in the middle of the room. “And boy is that gonna be a great fight.”


“Sir, do you really think it will be enough to defeat him?”


Oh heck no. It’s just more wonderful suffering for Bug Boy to go through to help hurt his image and psyche. The real plan is coming from that time displaced mare in the north…


“I think there’s a good chance,” he lies. “And it will make the true Crimson Knights fight harder with this guy leading the charge.” He then walks over to the capsule and wipes away the condensation upon the glass window.


“Now, quit being so formal all the time. In fact tell the others to quit being so uptight. We got plenty of time to just hang around and watch events unfold.”


“Very well S-“ the lackey starts before he catches himself as the other stallion raises an eyebrow.


“Very well, DWC.”


“Thataboy,” he smiles. “Now run along, someone’s got to start the rumor mill about Appleloosa.”


The robed figure nods and exits the room, leaving DWC alone with the capsule.


“Ugh. Always so militaristic and formal. I’d have actually preferred the idiots the Changelings put in charge. I guess that’s your fault,” he says to the unconscious figure in the window.


“But in the long run, the devout serious nutjobs are better for making things run smoothly, even if they are tiresome. I just know I’m gonna pop a blood vessel when you wake up, and that’s not just because of your face. Yeesh.”


He hits a switch, and a light comes on in the capsule, displaying the figure much more clearly.


A stallion breathes rhythmically with the machine. The fire burns are vicious upon his body even after a year and a half of receiving them. One half of his face is covered in bits of metal and technology, making up for what was irrevocably destroyed, though the red optic eye still has not come online.


“By the will of my Lady Luck, dear old Bugze must suffer. You’re just a small piece of that suffering, but when I wake you up, these nutjobs will have a Flag to rally behind…”


POV: Cinnamon “Sin” Sugar


Everything hurts. Your head, your legs, your whole body, and yet you lay upon a comfortable bed.


“Ugh…” you groan as you open your eyes. All that greets you is a black stoney roof with holes in it.


Wait…The Hive? We’re home?

You raise a hoof up to rub your temple, but you pause in confusion. For instead of your usual hole filled black foreleg, is instead a maroon solid one.


“Huh?” you gasp as you look down at the rest of your body. You are no longer changeling black, but a soft tone of red and brown.


“Oh good, you’re awake finally,” comes a boyish sounding voice. Looking to your left you see, something absolutely strange. He appears to be a cool colored Changeling and Deer hybrid as tall as the queen.


“Wh-What are you? Where am I? What happened to my body?” you ask a bit fearfully.


The Bug Deer gives you a warm smile and answers again in that innocent sounding voice.


“You’re in the Hive of course Shell Marshall Cinnamon Sugar. And I’m a changeling just like you. I am King Thorax.”


“King? There’s never been a King. And since when did Chrysalis marry?”


“Chrysalis…isn’t in this Hive anymore. She rejected our next step in evolution and exiled herself.”


“So she’s not here then?” you ask and he nods which you let out a sigh. “That’s a relief. And wait, did you say next step in evolution?” you ask quizzically and he nods.


“That’s right. Our bodies are the result of us accepting a different method than the old royalty. To being able to accept and give love ourselves to where we don’t have to feed on others anymore.”


Something about that does register with you. You don’t feel hungry at all. Just like what Bugze was talking about.


“We…we don’t?”


“Nope. Not anymore. It’s a new age for the Changelings. I am King Thorax, and let me just say, it’s good to have the three hundred and their family and friends back.”


Looking around you, you see hundreds of other beds lining the room, each filled with a changeling, and yet not. They’ve all…changed. There are no black changelings left, only varying degrees of bugs that are every bright color imaginable.


On the five closest beds to you are your fellow officers, all of them injured, and yet, all them still alive. Mongo, Vicky, Biff and Tannen have all gotten the same treatment as you. Vicky is hot pink. Biff is ice blue, Tannen is orange and red, and Mongo is a solid green.


When we agreed to accept Bugze’s way…


“What happened? Did…did you dunk us all in liquefied rainbows?” you ask in shock and he chuckles.


“Oh no, this change occurred when you were brought into my care. You all are still injured from the Appleloosan Invasion, but each and every one of you and your family members had accepted the new path in your hearts. In the presence of the new Hive, the change occurred in your sleep. That’s why I felt it best to be here for when everyling woke up.”


“What? But how can their already be a new Hive? How can you be king if it’s only been a few days?” you ask King Thorax in confusion.


He seems troubled by this.


“Oh dear…well you see, this is a bit strange for me too. You see, it’s actually been over three years since you and the three hundred invaded.”


“WHAT?!” you screech in surprise and he flinches a little. “How? How is that even possible, I don’t-“


“Please calm down, and I’ll explain as best I can,” he puts a reassuring hoof on your shoulder and you stop panting.


“You see, there is a legend of a Pony Stallion in a Magical Blue Box that can be found throughout the world’s history. Turns out he’s not a legend at all.”


“Blue Box…We…we saw that in the town,” you nod in remembrance.


“Well three years ago, that Box not only appeared in Appleloosa, but shortly afterwards inside the Changeling Prison where it took over a thousand drones. I didn’t witness it myself as I was in the Crystal Empire at the time, but my subjects have relayed the story time and time again. And just yesterday, that Blue Box returned.”


Your jaw drops in amazement at that.


“We traveled through time?”


“Apparently so. I got to say though, it’s weird for me being the same age as you now,” he chuckles softly.


You stir at that in memory as you look at the tall changeling king again.


“Wait a minute. Thorax? As in the shaking skinny underclassmen from High School Thorax?”


He smiles and nods at this. “The very same, though I’m not so skinny now eh?”


You can say that again, you nod and look from him to all the other changelings.


“We were missing for three whole years…”


“You didn’t miss anything good. Believe me; you’re in a time of peace and prosperity now. Ponies are no longer the enemy, but our friends. We don’t have to hide or starve anymore. If anything, you, the three hundred, and all of their family were the first to accept the new way, that’s why you belong here now.”


“No more fighting? No more running? No more being scared?” you gasp as the implications hit you.


You’d been a soldier for so long, it was expected of you in order to survive. Your blind obedience though nearly ended the Hive, but now…now…


“H-Hey now, there’s no need to cry. Everything’s going to be alright, I promise,” Thorax says as he pats your newly colored back. But you can’t help the tears. They flow in relief, and happiness. You’re finally free.


“I’m sorry *Sniff* I’m sorry, I just. I never thought anything like this would ever happen. Peace…”


He nods at this. “Well it didn’t come easy. For us it took a little dragon who believed we could change, and a very smart studious Mare to help them realize what I had learned.”


He smiles radiantly at that, and you can feel the power within him. It feels warm and comforting. And familiar.


“For us we…when we agreed to The Hooded Offender’s view…we accepted this new way.”


To this, King Thorax’s face takes on a strange, sympathetic look which you raise an eyebrow at.


“Ah yes. The Hooded Offender. Truly one of the greatest heroes in all of the world’s history…”


“Yeah. He kind of is…Speaking of which, is he around? I want to speak to him again and personally give my thanks. It may have been yesterday for us, but it’s been three years for him.”


He looks down and away from you, seeming nervous.


“What? Is…is he still living with the ponies? He always was kind of a loner,” you throw out with a desperate chuckle.


It fades though as he gives you a solemn look and he closes his eyes..


No…You think in anguish. The changeling who gave you and the others a second chance. The Changeling who forgave you, who gave you all peace. He can’t possibly be…


“I hate to say this Sin…but The Hooded Offender perished in battle two years ago.”


And like that, a thunderclap shatters the happiness that had overtaken you. There are no words that you can say that can express the sadness that sweeps over you as the new.


“N-No…No…” the tears come to your eyes. “He was just…we…NO…” you weep as the Changeling King wraps you in a hug which you return in gusto.


“He gave us all our lives back! Biff, Tannen, Vicky and Mongo and all the rest. We’re only here because of him!” you shout. Thorax says nothing as he pats your back.


“I-I-I Never had a chance to thank him for all he’d done. I never got to say…It can’t be true. It can’t!”


Your pleading doesn’t change the truth displayed in the King’s eyes.


“I’m sorry…He Died A Hero…”


TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Hi Hivemind,

This is the Brown Dog and welcome to the final chapter of Season 3. Two years, two whole years it took us to write this, but we got it finished. I’d like to thank from the bottom of my heart all of those who stuck with this story through thick and thin.

Even back when I was just a commentor and editor, I wanted to weave in elements of forgiveness into Bugze’s Character Arc. He’s a strong character and can fight with the best of them, but a character can’t be based on his fights alone. I wanted to show how hard it can be to forgive someone that’s hurt you. Hatred can make that even more difficult, and it takes real strength to rise above it and let things go. If you can forgive someone else, it makes it easier to forgive yourself. It’s not an easy task, but Bugze is rather strong.

With that cheesiness out of the way, I just want to say that I continually look forward to working with you all. The story isn’t finished yet though, Bugze and Family still have a long road ahead of them, and hopefully we can get it told without it taking another two years.

The next step of the journey shall be moved over to my Channel, BrownDog77. Watch Me for Updates, Chapters and What Not for the coming chapters.

With that said, the next step of the journey is up to you.

We have two directions we can go from here.

We can:

A.  Have a non-Equestria related  Mini-Season Set Between Season 3 and 4 of Bugze and Family having shenanigans in the first two (possibly more) Equestria Girls Movies.

Or.

B.  Move directly onto Season 4 after all those story reveals with the chance of having the Equestria Girls stuff after it’s finished.


It’s up to you guys to decide with this link to the straw poll, and we’ll give you all a little over a week to vote. Even if you don't comment, make sure to vote! Every vote matters after all!

With that said, I thank you all once again, and I greatly appreciate the words of support many of you expressed on the last chapter. I can’t wait for what comes next.

For one last Question This Season (If You haven’t already answered it or want to answer again) But what did you think overall of Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3?

See You On the Battlefield Hive-Mind,

This is Brown Dog Signing Out :pinkiehappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, DWC here! I hope you all enjoyed this!

Anyway I already said my piece last chapter, so without further ado the usual Story results!

Story results:

Likes- 150

Dislikes- 18

Bookshelves- 506 (Replacing Favorites since I can no longer tell how many people favorite the story :twilightsheepish:)

Total Number of Words- 585,726

Total Number of views- 60,626

Number of episodes- 87 (Epilogue doesn't count)(go figure same as season 2)

Number of comments- 1,621

Overall score of fic- SUCCESSES

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 40 )

So~.... Are we the stupider version of the Akatsuki from Naruto or Phantom Troupe from Hunter X Hunter?

I like that.

I have a feeling i know who is in that capsule.....

But there is still more to this tale to come. A storm draws near. Darkness draws nearer. Friendships will be tested. Lives may be lost. Demons rise. Ideas challenged. Evil around every corner. And lots and lots of bad luck. Just an average day in life of a wanted changeling.

On one hoof the return of Flag and the introduction of Hope adds some spice to this stew of a story... On the other hoof the introduction of DWC and this other mystery figure AND the locked-in-time ending threatens to over-complicate things...

this twist was so strong that even M. Night Shyamalan would be surprised.

8337753
i feel that we are closer to the ridiculous six, but way more insane

Welp looks like i need to edit my title card again.
Ain't it grand?!
*sigh* Yes it is pinkie. Now I just need to find the red sun with gold arrow through it. (little help here guys?) A way to incorporate the equestria girls. (maybe just use the dazzling's jewels) Thorax. And figure out what flag burner looks like. The only one that fits his description would be a angry red apocalypse stallion. A certain definitely not a cult leader mare. Hope. Godzilla, king kong, Peter Griffin, Stan Lee, Elvis, hmm... anypony else I missing?
Ooh! Ooh! I know! A certain monkey thing that likes storms, a unicorn missing her horn, and whatever Grubber is! If the new author intends on adding them in too! *squee* :pinkiehappy:
Thank you pinkie. Also if you must know I just negotiated with the pies in a calm manner.
We took pity once we got into your vault and found you curled in a corner bawling your eyes out. :ajbemused:
Eheheheheh heh heh *sigh* But in all seriousness I just hope I don't put too much in. BUT I'm happy to do this! Yay.

8337936

The sun logo should be somewhere in the Die Hoard arc of season 2, along with Flag's description

Yeah.... We're definitely changing Bugze's fate. He's not going to die in a year. I-i will... I'll find where you both live...

But anyways! With Flag coming back, which I fucking called it years ago btw, and Hope, I'm really excited for the interactions we'll see. Also with the possibilities of the Knight returning, but who knows.

I really miss the times where Bugze and Co. just travel on the run, appearing at the most awkward or worst times.

I can't wait for the next season DWC and Brown Dog!

8337819
It's M.A. Larson I knew it!:pinkiegasp:

I wonder if the Hooded Defender's death will be played straight with Bugze dying or subverted by being symbolic or, as Bugze has been prone to do, faked or something else.

Wow, just wow. That was a long story, but worth every moment.

media.licdn.com/media/AAEAAQAAAAAAAANHAAAAJGJjYmMwYjAxLTQzMWYtNDYyNS04OWExLTY3OGMyNmI4NmQ3Nw.png

I loved it, it was very good this season, when we put our characters...

Also, my vote go to the between seasons option A... When it's decided, I hope that you put a chapter here saying that it began, so we know

When I said Bugze should try his Jetstream Sam sword on a Senator, this WAS NOT WHAT I'D EXPECTED.

Ahem.

Now that silly is out of the way, I must now begin my customary analytical essay where I traditionally overthink the crap out of this.


Warning! Spoilers! General Recap included!

We finally found peace for our dear bug. Finally, the voices in his head have resolved! Finally, he mastered his Awakened form! Finally, we found out who our secret benefactor is! What a ride! And boy oh boy, I have plenty else to say. Three things to talk about to be precise:

Redemption. Forgiveness. Vengeance.

Starting from the beginning, Bugze did all that he could to rectify his mistakes, such as breaking down the Crimson Knights. He tried to redeem himself. Ironically, he named himself the Crimson Vengeance. It's a contradiction. He's being hypocritical, and it showed.

The Knights, at first, was pretty much for fun. At least, that's what I thought. But that changed when Changer appeared and Kichi got arrested. Changer was on a warpath for vengeance, and while Bugze disagrees with revenge, he's shutting down the Crimson Knights through similar means: Beating them to a pulp. When Kichi demanded why Bugze would destroy his livelihood, our dear bug replied, "Because you're a dirty criminal." That's the exact same reasoning the Royal Guard used for hunting down Bugze! In trying to redeem himself, he denies the salvation of others the same way vengeance does. Fortunately, thanks to his traumas of being a monster, he didn't intend to go as far as Changer.

This went on for the next few Crimson Knight Leaders.

But then Erised came to the picture. Bugze was forcefully faced with a concept called "choice." "Would you kindly" had been a long-time phrase with Bugze against all his enemies. In a way, he gave his enemies no choice. And then he learned that Discord was given the path of redemption.

The only example of Bugze providing the same before Appaloosa was with Aqua. His sole partner besides Selena and Nightshade who thwarted the Crimson Knights along side him. She's the only other pony who stopped to understand him. He showed his real face, was able to explain his circumstances, and Aqua believed him! Fluttershy, the last of the Horde members, and the rest? They don't have that sort of connection with him.

Nightshade became a bully to bullies, and Bugze realized he's at fault for putting the ideology that "bad guys will always be bad and should be beaten," was morally correct. It's not. And it's here Bugze recognized his hypocrisy. And so, Nightshade learned to forgive.

Then, the note that warned of more trouble arrived. When Nightshade was forced to say her good byes and spend her last moments with her friends, guess who were the only ponies she was able to do it with? Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Not the CMC or Spike.

Trixie made her reappearance, and the Bugze and Co. went ballistic. Bugze threw his punches and let out his frustration, but what happened? Trixie expressed her vehement apologies throughout the battle, and he eventually stopped. He got tired of being angry. It's been a very long time since I've seen Bugze left a fight unfinished. Or at all. For Trixie, though, she wasn't shown the path of redemption. "Sorry isn't enough," he said. And the despair drove her to suicide.

And that's how Bugze learned for absolute certain the value of forgiveness.

So we know how it ended after that: Selena was revealed and the ponies freaked out that Nightmare Moon is still alive! The funny part? They forgave the Hooded Offender. Pardoned. Victimized. Absolute amnesty. All because they believed that "Nightmare Moon" controlled his actions and gave him no choice. They called him a hurt and scared changeling needed saving. Labeled a victim, as though his actions and choices no longer had any consequences, and as though all of Bugze's efforts for redemption never mattered.

And then Bugze was forced to face one of the biggest mistakes he had ever made: Sin, the person who he refused to forgive and payed the price for. Sin was dead set into being martyr simply because she had "no other choice." Everything went full circle.

Appaloosa happened. It's the place where everything started. Where Bugze called home. Where he left to pay a debt to a doctor, which led to a downward spiral of guilt and self-loathing. Where Nightmare Bugze was born. And where Bugze is reborn anew. Because all this time Lady Luck gave him "no choice". He's forced to fight again and again to survive and paid for it dearly. In Appaloosa, he rebelled against that and holy crap there's a proper happy ending for him now! He saved everyone! Finally, he's capable of assuming control of his own destiny.

Finally, the Crimson Knight Leaders. Bugze basically enlisted their pardon not on the basis of them being good deep down inside, but because he believed they can change for the better. If they wanted to be better people, some how and some way, the Knights had to earn it alongside their freedom. You could say they'll all being "rehabilitated."

For this entire season, it's been a journey of redemption, forgiveness, and vengeance. From tyrants and terrorists, to heroes in the making. Bugze reconciled with the Knights as true members of the Horde and made an ally of Sombra. He has obtained a state that he never had before besides Aqua: Showing his true face while still garnering respect and acknowledgement for his actions. He's not a bad guy, and neither can we say he's a true hero yet. But this was all that he hoped for since the beginning. And hope was what drove Bugze.

And another thing we can hope for: That Bugze will become the hero he wanted to be. Or what we wanted him to be.

What say you, guys?

—Sincerely, your neighborly rabid grey squirrel

8339331
I think one theme of Season 4 should be finally shedding all his shells and disguises.

Bugze still has a bunch of them (Baker Sylvester Tennant, El Hunko, Crimson Vengeance, and even the Hooded Offender) so I would love for all his disguises to be blown in Season 4 so Bugze can finally just be Bugze.

Also, the Nightmare Cloak still exists. Awakened Bugze mode is ONLY when Sombra decides to chip in and he hasn't gone thru enough development yet to do that every time (otherwise he'd just be a clone of Selena and Awakened Bugze would just be an OP fight-ender). Thus when Bugze gets pissed off enough, the usual Nightmare Cloak still comes out.

8339610

Now that there would be refreshing. It's getting to be a weird habit using two, sometimes three, different names to refer to the same person. In the BST days, the oblivous would call the name of the disguise, Selena would just say plain ol' Bugze, and they'd be talking about the Hooded Offender and Crimson Vengeance all in the same convesation.

It's as mindfucking as saying, "Pinkie" only to be asked, "Which one?"

8339331

Had to read that twice, the second time with this playing in the background:

You have great writing and a nice window of perception my friend.

8342944
It’s not about the game or show it’s from my friend. This piece was made for the purpose of looking back on the great things that went on in the past, good or bad. I thought it fit with his comment. xD

8337936
MORE TITLE CARD EDITS!
He edited the title card again?! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT CALLS FOR? A PARTY! :pinkiehappy:
Everything is a reason for a party, pinkie. Even no reason is reason for a party. Parties are love. Parties are life.


TBH I really wanna see your progress on it at some point. From what you're saying so far, it's shaping up to be pretty epic. That and I'm still extending the option for a third party to critique it and give you ideas for improvement should you feel the need to do so.

8337753
More like Section 8. So which of you guys is dogwelder, who's the defenestrator, who's bueno excelente, etc.? Brown dog is obviously Sixpack.

Welp. I find it ridiculous that I've really not even commented on this stuff despite reading it since its origin in season one. I still can't call myself Hive Prime or anything like that since I never contributed, or at least that's how I feel about it. Starting with whatever comes next, though, I'm gonna try to add in my own suggestions for once. Keep it up as usual browndog, you're doing great.

Edit: Apparently I just tilted the votes in favor of EQG (I'M SORRY, I WANNA SEE EQG HIJINX)

8343568
I'm basically editing it on how the the pole for what they're going to do next for which season is going to be. If we go straight to season four I'm probably just gonna keep it as it is but if we do in between season three and four with equestria girls movies then I will probably make a new one.

8343687
makes perfect sense tbh. Either way I know it will be a job well done.

8343839
Thank you for the support :pinkiehappy:

That was one hell of an emotional roller coaster. I cant wait for the next one

I. loved. this.

excellent writing and I oh so hope that there's a twist that doesn't involve bugze really dying. ugh. one can only hope.

good luck to the future and I can't wait to see what happens next.

8345585
Yus, though I remember there being a blog post or authors note saying that season 4 would be much darker in terms of story than other seasons... I can only hope there really is a twist

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH


...okay, done now. That was one hell of a ride.
(I've just basically binged the entire three seasons)

The whole of that ending was beautiful. Nine point seven out of ten. I'd like to congratulate everyone reading this comment, whether you commented something to help make this story what it is today, or just reading along.

I still feel like this comment hasn't done enough to justify how I feel. Either way, i swEAR YOU'D BETTER GEt STARTED ON SEASON FOUR SOON OR I'll THREATEN YOU! WITH WORDS AND evERYTHING!


tl;dr
beautiful ending, thanks read v. much all.
and season 4 plskthnx

HOW THE FUCK DID THE POLL BECOME A PERFECT 50/50?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

8383578

Because in there, not only the hive mind is voting but anyone that see it

Is... it kill? Or am I just not looking in the right places? I've not been as active as other people, but I do love reading this series.

geb

It’s pretty good.

It's the best story ever!!! This isn't the end of it. This fanfic is funny, sad, touching, light and heavy, easy and hard to read at he same time. In one word - awesome! One day in a few years I will read it again without any translator) (Привет из России) Thank you for this 4 best months of reading! Now I'm going to read season 4)

Of course you have to help him. No matter what happened he’s your best friend. Your only friend. Your cutie mark is the symbol of healing, and so that’s what you’ll do. You’ll heal the damage between the two of you, and you’ll save the imprisoned Umbrum. You’ll stand by his side, just like you always should have. You just have to find him first.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOYYYYY RADIANT HOPE!!!! You know, maybe I should go read the other comic about the Changeing attack on ponyvile. Who knows how much I don't realize.

So I was just going through the older LoaWC stories when I realised something; you have two chapters labelled episode 36

Guys, I found Kersey.

Login or register to comment