• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 64: Really? That's How It All Went Down?!

Opening Theme:

With some sort of feeling of foreboding that washes over you, you and your dragon friend walk up to the Zebra shaman who greets you with a smile.

"Why hello there Nightshade and Spike,
I see that you are taking a large group of animals for a hike."

"Hi Zecora, how have you been?" you ask to be polite.

"I've been great young filly, but it's been so long,
How come you and your father only visit me when something goes wrong?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

You laugh nervously at that. "Well that's not true...well it's not planned really."

"Oh...?" she asks with an eyebrow raise, "Then you have no other reason to approach me so?"

"Well...OK you got me, but I swear we aren't doing it on purpose. You taught me some sick fighting moves. You're awesome," you reassure the Zebra who just chuckles.

"She did?" Spike asks.

"Yeah, I don't know what it's called, but they sure help my falcon kicks hit harder."

"Huh...hey Zecora, do you think you can teach me?" he asks.

"Mayhaps I will kind little drake,
But first thing's first, tell me what's wrong for goodness' sake.

At that you sigh and show her your chipped tooth and she nods.

BrownDog's Comment

You then tell Zecora how you chipped your tooth, and how you don't want your dad to know and how frustrating things are with the animals. She surprisingly understands your predicament.

“Oh silly little marvelous youth, of course I can help fix your tooth.

But as your father once pointed out…” she then holds her hoof towards you and Spike with a clever grin. “Paying for my services is a smart route.”

“Dang it Daddy!” you scream to the air.

"Wait what's that about a tooth?" comes a voice behind Zecora causing you all to look behind her.

Kichi's Comment

Behind her is a blue unicorn mare with a blue and white mane with cutie mark that looks like the Doctor's. You've seen her in the background a lot, and your dad has referred to her as Colgate due to her color scheme, but you don't know her real name.
When you all look to her, she gives a sheepish grin.

"Sorry if I was eavesdropping, but I heard something about a tooth accident. Hi Spike," she adds.

"Hi Minuette, been awhile huh?" Spike answers with a smile.

How many ponies does Spike know? I can't even remember half their names.

"A long while, How's Twilight these days?"

"Still Twilight," he answers causing her to laugh similarly to Pinkie Pie. "So I take it you're still in Dentistry School?"

"Eyup! And if there's any problem with teeth, I'm more than certain I can help out."

"Well..." you trail off.

"I can give you a free consultation right here and now," she says.

"Free you say?! Sign me up!" you ask enthusiastically a you get in front of the mare's face, causing Zecora to scowl.

The blue mare chuckles and opens your jaw while looking at your mouth.

"Mmhmm. Mmhmm. Hmmm. Yup," she contemplates.

"So what's the diagnosis?" Spike asks.

"That is one chipped tooth," she responds plainly, "But it's not unfixable. All you need is a cap for it."

"Really? And how fast and secretive will that be?" you ask.

"It wouldn't even take an hour," she responds.

"Sweet! And it's all free?" you ask excitedly.

"Oh no, that will cost at least 200 bits," she responds.

"WHAT?! But you said it was free before!" you yelp.

"Well the consultation is free, but the actual toothcare part costs money. Though if you have a good dental plan, it can help cut the cost a bit."

You look at the mare, then back to Zecora.

"How much were you charging?"

She turns her head and looks at Spike's mixing cup full of gems.

"I do not require hundreds of bits or dentristy fees, what I would like is one of those gems please."

You then way your options then look to the mare.

"Sorry lady, but Voodoo magic wins out over medicine today."

"Sorry Minuette," Spike adds.

"No worries. I'll see you around Spike, I'm visiting Lyra today. She wanted to ask me about joining something or another. Bye," she declares as she happily trots away.

Spike groans for some reason as she walks away but you just shrug.

"Sooo...gems huh?" you ask Zecora who nods. You then look back to Spike as he sighs.

BrownDog's Comment

“Well, I think we could let one little gem go,” Spike says as he brings out the green gem that got you in this mess in the first place. He hands it to Zecora and she nods…before giving it to the Filly Scout as a donation. She doesn’t even get any cookies!

“Very well, thank you for paying my fees,
Now to make this quick, follow me to the edge of the trees,” she ushers you both to follow her, and you do so, pets and all.

“Thanks for that Spike, I’ll pay you back,” you say reaching for some of the bits he gave you.”

“Nah, don’t worry about it. Didn’t seem right to use that gem after all,” he reassures.

"Are you sure?" you ask.

"Of course, I have enough saved to treat a friend," he smiles, and you thankfully put your bits back.

Along the way, Mangle tries to claw and bite Angel off her, but you stop her with a glare, causing her to whimper.

"Oh and do you have any potion by chance that can make a bunny not be so lovey dovey with a robot fox?"

Zecora looks at the beleagured Mangle and contemplates,

"I...maybe?
The situation seems tricky."

Tricky doesn't even come close to the situation. Plus Tricky sounds too much like evil incarnate.

Gritting you teeth, you drag your half of the pets as you follow the Zebra.


As you near the entrance to the Everfree, Zecora turns and looks at you.

“Now, normally I’d Usher you lot,

But with all those creatures to watch, I think not.”

“Oh, well then what are we supposed to do?” you ask.
She points at a trail going to the left.

“If I’m not mistaken, down that way is the house of Fluttershy,
Until I get back, that might be a place to pass the time by.”

“So we’ll just wait at Fluttershy’s till you get the tooth stuff?”
She nods and heads into the forest while you and Spike shrug and walk the pets towards the mare’s cottage.


“I’m glad we don’t have to go in there with these guys, but it seems kind of wrong being at someone’s house when they’re not there,” Spike muses.

“Oh don’t worry, I’m sure Harry will let us in, heck, he might help us get these pets under control.”

“Hoo” the owl asks.

“Harry,” you respond.

“Hoo.”

“Harry the Bear?”

“Hoo.”

Exasperated you look at the leashed owl. “How do you not know Harry? He’s literally a giant bear that hangs out around here?”

“Hoo.”

Frustrated you just look to the flying tortoise and say, “You lived with him the longest, you fill him in!” You think you see Tank nod, but then again that could just be him wobbling.
While Spike chuckles at your back and forth, you just roll your eyes.
As you approach the cottage, you all stop when a few voices cry out,


“Hey wait up!”

You, Spike and the pets look around to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders…with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trotting towards you.

“Uh-Oh,” Spike mumbles and you nervously look down.

Things between you and the two…well, it isn’t bad, but it’s not really good either. So far the only times you’ve seen them, they’ve been spending more time with Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Without their jerkiness, the rich fillies have actually started to have fun, doing things with the CMC, trying to help them discover what their Cutie Marks might be. It’s been great for everypony else, except you.

If there’s one thing my being a jerk did, it was bring those two groups together…but it feels like the cost of it was me being left behind, you think forlornly.


You were thinking, that if you could come up with, or buy some sort of big gesture towards them, then you could become good friends with them too, and things won’t be so awkward anymore. But you bit a gem, and now have to wait to go through with those plans.

As the five fillies trot up, everyone goes,

“Hey Nightshade, Hi Spike.”
Spike takes the initiative and says,

“Hey girls. What are you all doing out here and…why do you have bungee chords on?”

Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo laugh nervously at this.


“Well you see, we were all out by the bridge trying to get our bungee jumping cutie marks…” Scootaloo starts.

“I keep telling you, that wasn’t going to work. You need a much higher bridge,” Diamond Tiara points out.

“Yeah, all you guys were going to do was end up getting wet,” Silver adds.

“We still don’t know that for a fact!” Sweetie snaps back.

“You have fifty feet of chord for a ten foot bridge,” Silver replies.

“Agree to disagree,” Applebloom says before finishing Scootaloo’s statement, “But yeah we were gonna jump, when we all spied you two walking with Zecora and all them animals. Hey Winona!” The dog barks happily at it’s owner.

“So yeah, we saw you walking with her, and got curious, and then we saw you headed towards Fluttershy’s,” Sweetie finishes.

“So what’s the deal huh?” Scootaloo asks.

You look up at them, and when you catch the eyes of Silver and Diamond, you all nervously glance away.

“I uh…well she’s getting something for me, and since Spike and I were watching these Pets we couldn’t follow her.”

“Oh, what did you need from her?” asks Applebloom.
You sigh and open your mouth so that they can see your tooth, and they look a bit disturbed.


“Oh boy, how’d you go and do that?” asks Applebloom.

“I…tried to eat one of Spike’s gems…”
There is a pause at that statement before all five start laughing.

“Hey come on!” you bark.

“S-sorry Shade, but seriously, why did you think you could eat a gem?” Scootaloo laughs.

“I don’t know! It seemed like a good idea at the time,” you pout.

"Yup, you're definitely Mr. Tennant's daughter," Applebloom laughs causing you to purse your lips.

“Well, I think her reasoning was that she was awesome enough to do it,” Spike points out with a giggle, causing the others to laugh harder.

“Sppppiiiiikkkeee” you whine causing them to giggle harder.

You let them get their laughing out of the way, and if you think about it, the situation is kind of funny. But your tooth still is sore so you sit there with your arms crossed.


Applebloom then says to you, catching her breath, “Oh don’t be so down Nightshade, if this were permanent, that’d be one thing, but Zecora’s got your back.”

“That’s not the point. Think about what will happen if my dad finds out I chipped it?”
To that, they all pale.

“Oh…right. But don’t worry, when Zecora gets back, it will be like it never happened. My tooth got all nice and fixed,” she finishes with a bright smile.

“Seriously, why does she not patent that? She’d be richer than most ponies in Canterlot,” Diamond Tiara asks.

“Well I think she is starting to think along those lines, she actually charged us for it,” Spike points out.

“Yeah, and she gave it to that Filly Scout. She didn’t even buy any cookies! How nuts is that?!”

“Oh, there’s an idea. Why don’t you three become Filly Scouts?” Silver chirps, causing them all to look to her.

“You’ll learn several skills, get to sell cookies, and who knows, you might find your Cutie Marks,” she finishes.

“That’s a great idea!” Sweetie Belle squeaks, causing Winona and Mangle to rub their ears.

“Yeah it is, good job Silver!” Scootaloo gives the filly a hoof bump and she just smiles.
While they all start talking about the possibilities Diamond Tiara looks at you, then glances away and speaks to Spike.

“So…why are you heading with her alone to the Animal Lover’s house?”

“Zecora said she’d meet us there. And it’s not like we can get in, Fluttershy isn’t home today.”
Her eyes light up in excitement at that.

“Do you mean to tell me that all those cute, cuddly and adorable creatures are all by themselves where anypony could go and pet them?!”

“Ummm…” you and Spike look at each other then back to her.

“Yes?”

“Girls! I say we head with them!” Diamond announces.

With that, the seven of you plus the pets start heading over.


“By the way, why are you wearing hel-EEP!” Diamond shrieks as you pull her head down before Tank can bonk into it.

“That’s why,” you say as you let go of her nervously.

“Hey Nightshade. Why is Angel Bunny hugging Mangle so hard?” Sweetie asks.

“Apparently he’s in love. Don’t ask me how that works, but if it keeps him from being a turd, then I’m all for it.”

To this Mangle just moans.

When you all arrive to the house, you knock on the door, and you hear a bear groan in what sounds like annoyance.
The door opens moments later and Diamond and Silver scream at Harry, who just winces and covers his ears.

The rest of you respond with, "Hi Harry."

He looks from you five to the other two and gives a questioning growl.

"Oh don't mind them, they're still getting used to hanging out with us," Sweetie Belle responds causing the bear to nod.
Diamond and Silver still seem confused, but stop screaming.

Harry then gives another questioning growl and points at all of you.

"Well, we were hoping we could hang out here for a bit till Zecora comes back and fixes my tooth," you tell the bear.

He rubs the back of his head and looks back inside the house nervously, the whole time he's been blocking your view. He gives a nervous groan, before looking back to you, twiddling his claws.

Angel then miraculously lets go of Mangle and jumps in front of you, glaring up at Harry and stamping his foot and squeaking at him.

To this, the bear sighs and reluctantly opens the door all the way and ushers you inside.

As you all enter, you realize why the bear was being apprehensive.

Kersey's Comment

There is a full blown party going on. Animals are everywhere in the house, wearing party hats, drinking punch, and eating treats. There's even an elephant eating peanuts by sticking it's trunk in through the window. There's a dance floor, an area for games, and even a poker table set up. At the table are a hippo, an Ostrich, and a pig, whom Applebloom recognizes.

"Henrietta? What are you doing out here?"
The pig nervously oinks and places it's cards down.

The party seems to be at a stand still as all the animals stare at your group and your pets.

Angel gives all the animals a glare for having a party while Fluttershy's out, before he smiles and shrugs.

"Um...don't stop on our account," you declare, causing the animals to get back into the swing of things. A stereo system gets turned on and music blares.

With nothing better to do, you all join in. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon especially go a little nuts petting all of the animals who enjoy the petting.

"They're all so cute!" Diamond squees while petting a red fox.

"My parents won't let me have a pet because Mom's allergic, but I'm not!" Silver exclaims as she snuggles a Koala.

The CMC decide to play games with the critters in the game area next to the poker table, while Harry takes his seat and picks up his cards.

With all the animals, you and Spike hold onto your leashes for dear life so as not lose the pets in the party. All of them except Angel however who you see is preaching to a large group of other bunnies.

Kurolothgarian's Comment

He keeps gesturing to his tail and pointing to Mangle who is sticking by your side like glue. The rest of the bunnies seem to be enraptured by what he preaches and they all look to Mangle in reverence. They even start staining their fur with the punch to mimic her pink and white fur and holding their paws together while bowing to her.

Mangle groans and presses closer into your side.

"Oh calm down Mangle, it's only a cult that's being built around your very existence. It's not like that's ever turned out ba...Oh..." you come to the realization.

"I really hope Zecora's got a pill for this or something, because this is creepy," Spike mutters.

While you wait, you and Spike and the pets do attempt to enjoy yourselves, but you try to keep Mangle as far away from the bunnies as possible.


After awhile, Zecora finally shows up, and doesn't even bat an eye at the literal party animals.

"Oh thank goodness, Zecora you got the goods?"

"Indeed I do,
And I may have something for your bunny problem too."

She pulls out two bottles one with a tooth on it, and another with a bunny inside a crossed out circle.

"It's Bunnies now," you lament as you point towards the horde of rabbits with pink stained fur causing Zecora's eyes to light up.

Fireheart1945's Comment

"Oh dear, it's worse than I thought.
Luckily I have enough ingredients to make a lot," she says as she pulls out more bottles of stuff and a mixing bowl.

"Um, can I have the tooth medicine first?"

"Oh sorry, of course you can, you've been through enough," she begins to start handing it towards you before she yells,
"Hey! Paws off that you little cretin of fluff!"

You look over and see Angel holding a bottle with a heart on it.

"Is that love poison?!" you shriek.

"Yes, it's an ingredient in my concoction to break bunny love,
Now can one of you get that, and for good measure, give him a shove?"

"Gladly," Spike says as she tries to get Angel, but the rabbit dodges him and runs up to Mangle holding the bottle out for her. He keeps gesturing for her to drink it, but she frustratingly yells at him and smacks the bottle away...which serves to splash over the bunny cult.

Everyone's eyes pale at this, Equine, dragon, and pet alike.

Without warning, all of the rabbits begin glomping on every animal there, causing mayhem. The music stops, the animals panic, and a riot occurs. In doing so, you accidentally lose your leash hold on your half of the pets...except for Gummy who purposefully latches onto your mane and won't let go.

"Why are they all freaking out?!" Sweetie Belle screams.

"I don't-WHOAH!" Applebloom is cut off as her bungie chord gets tangled up the Hippo.

"Calm down, I-EEP!" Sweetie screams as the Pig gets tangled with her, and Scootaloo follows suit by getting tied to the Ostrich.

"Seriously?!" she yells exasperated.

"Let us go!" Diamond yells to a Kangaroo who puts her in her pouch, "We are not your baby kangaroos!"

"Actually, the correct term is Joey," Silver Spoon points out from her pouch.

"Not now Silver!"

With the riot in full swing, Angel takes his chance to try to get to Mangle, but unfortunately, a lot of the bunnies feel like he's the ideal mate and follow suit.

Finally done with everything, Mangle kicks the door open and runs out, while the bunnies chase her...unknowingly unleashing all the panicking animals.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!" the CMC and former bullies scream as they unwillingly get caught up in the stampede.

"Oh Crud! Mangle! Girls! Don't worry I'll save you!" You then hop onto Harry. "Onwards Harry! Follow that stampede!"
The bear grunts in acknowledgement and rushes out the door.

Spike, who gets left behind yells, "Nightshade wait!" he gathers up the remaining four pets and looks for some way to follow you...before he is picked up by the helpful elephant who charges after Harry. Spike doesn't know this though and begins panicking.

As the entire cottage is emptied, Zecora just looks wide eyed holding her potions. Before snapping out of it and running out the door.


Eventually, Harry and the Elephant enter the fray of the stampede, but no matter how much you yell and scream, the animals won't stop stampeding. Their panicked instincts seem to adhere to no master.

As the stampede inevitably leads into town (because why wouldn't it?) You yell out to the ponies in the road

"MOVE THE BUCK OUT OF THE WAY! I CAN'T CONTROL THEM! THERE'S TOO MANY MAN! TOO MANY!"


Luckily, ponies seem to listen to you unlike the animals. Unfortunately...


"Nightshade! What Did You Do?!!!"

You look behind the stampede and pale as you see your dad running with Flash Sentry and Zecora.

"It's not my fault this time! I swear it!" you yell back.

"OH! So it was Spike's then wasn't it!" he yells glaring at the dragon in the elephant's trunk.

"Oh for Pete's sake dad! No!" you yell.

Seriously, why is Daddy so weird about him?

"Mr. Tennant! Save us!" The CMC, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon cry out from their respective animals.

"I'm trying!" he yells.

"They won't listen daddy! I don't even think breaking the rabbits' things will work, the others won't stop!"

"Ugh! Why does this have to happen when Fluttershy and Applejack are gone?!" your dad yells.

"I know right?" you agree from on top of Harry who groans in support as well. "Really when it comes to animals and herding, there's no one else rugged or scary enough to put a stop to-"

"WHAT ON CELESTIA'S GREEN LAND DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!" comes the stern, and very angry voice of a mare. Almost instananeously, the stampede comes to a screeching halt. Even the bunnies stop hounding Mangle as they stare in fear at the mare. As the dust settles, you all see who has put a stop to the stampede.

BrownDog's Comment

"Ms. Cheerilee?" you, the CMC, Diamond, Silver, and your dad exclaim in shock. Indeed, it is the school house teacher with the angriest face you think you've ever seen outside of your dad's. The animals all squirm before her gaze.

"How Dare You Put Those Children in Danger! Running around like wild animals!" she scolds.

"Umm...but they are wild..." your dad tries to interrupt, but she shuts him up with a gaze towards him.

Turning her attention back to the animals, she starts lecturing them. "I don't care how this started, or why, but you should all be very ashamed of yourselves! You're lucky nopony got hurt!"

All the animals' ears wilt as they look down.

"Not to mention if you'd kept stampeding, you would have broken up the road side set up for the Derby Race! Can you imagine how sad the children would be if you ruined that?!" she scolds as she unties Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle from their animals.

The animals begin whimpering at that.

"I am very disappointed in you all. Now, put the children down and go home and think on your actions, or I might just have a talk with Fluttershy later." At that all of the animals have wide eyes, and this threat even seems to break the love spell over the bunnies. Harry immediately puts you on the ground, with Gummy still attached to your hair, while the elephant places Spike and the pets down.
"That means you too marsupials!" she scolds the Kangaroos, who reluctantly take the dizzy Diamond and Silver out and put them on the ground.

The animals all then sullenly walk back towards Fluttershy's with Harry shepherding them.

As Cheerilee glares and watches them leave, the girls, and Mangle, all glomp her in a hug crying out their thanks. Angel tries to hug Mangle, but she back kicks him and you catch him, putting his leash back on.

"Well...that happened," you say to Spike who groans.

"I just wanted to make a cake, how did it lead to this?"

Your dad, his bud, and Zecora then walk up to you guys.

"Soo...what exactly happened Nightshade?"

You nervously look at your dad, but don't open your mouth. If you do, he'll see your tooth. Thankfully, Ms. Cheerilee saves you yet again.

"Mr. Tennant!" she says causing your dad to look at her in panic.

She marches over with that disappointed look on her face, causing your dad to gulp.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with this stampede would you?" she insinuates.

"No! It wasn't me this time! I swear it!" he yells, copying what you'd said earlier.

She sneers at him, and you remember that they don't have the best relationship with each other. Thankfully, while he's distracted, you rush to Zecora and say,

"Tooth medicine, Now!"

She nods and hands you the bottle, to which you chug. After it hits your gut, your jaw starts to feel funny, as it feels like something is pushing through and out of your cracked tooth. With one final push, the feeling goes away.

"A complete and utter success,
The one good thing out of this whole mess," she tells you, causing you to run your tongue over your now healed chomper.

"Please don't tell my dad, please?" you beg her.
She raises and eyebrow at that, but then at your side Spike holds up his cup full of gems.

"Yeah, please don't tell him, we won't be able to hang out again. I'll give you these if you stay quiet."

She raises an eyebrow at that, but then smiles and pushes the back as she mimes a zipper going across her mouth.

Thankful for both hers and Spike's reactions, you look back to your dad who is sweating nervously.


POV CHANGE: BUGZE (YOU)

As the ex wife of your other bro glares at you, Flash comes to your aid.

"He's right ma'am, he didn't start this. Really, we don't know how it happened."

She then glares at him, before her eye twitches. You then hear the sound of the voices whimpering, and seemingly running away.

"Mr. Sentry. Good to see you again. Still haven't fixed those voices have we?"

"I can't control them," he moans and looks down.

She then looks at all of you and asks, "So then, what DID happen?"

Zecora and the children then explain how Angel started a cult to Mangle over his love for her, and it led to disaster.

Your eye twitches at how familiar that situation is. You feel like there's something else that's being left out...but you let it slide, you don't want to anger Cheerilee in some way.

Speaking of which, the mare looks to you and says,

"By the way, Mr. Tennant, I know Nightshade is no longer one of my students, but that doesn't mean she can't participate in the race."

"Yeah, I was gonna ask earlier, what is this Derby Race?"

"It's a competition for the students and an adult of their choice. I'll officially give the statement tomorrow, but you will be given the means to build a cart. Prizes are given for most stylish, traditional, and fastest, and it's a fun day for everypony."

You look behind her and see that before she stopped the stampede, she was setting up flags on streamers along the road.

"Oh, OK, I'll keep that in mind then," you stammer. She then gets in your grill, "I expect that safety above all else should be the priority."

"Yes ma'am," you mutter. She nods and smiles and says to everypony,

"Right, have a good day then. Stay out of trouble all of you." And she goes back to setting up the flags. The girls all start talking excitedly about the race and how they want to try new things, and who they'll ask to help.


After it's all said and done, you all agree to one thing.

None of this happened!
You sure as heck don't want the Deadly 6 to find out about this Pet Disaster. And though you may be weary of Spike, you don't want him getting in trouble with the bookworm.

So, since they still have to pet sit, Nightshade and Spike go with the CMC and friends, while you continue hang out with Flash, and surprisingly Zecora who has nothing better to do. It always seems you're hanging out with her only after things go wrong.

Eventually, the Deadly 6 return to town, and being a bro for Harry the bear, you convince Fluttershy and the girls to hang out for dinner so that he has time to clean up the cottage.

Flash also seems thankful since a certain bookworm is there, but you don't say anything, lest the voices return.

Apparently things were hectic in the empire, but they eventually got the official, named Ms. Harshwhinny, to approve the location for the Equestria Games.

Great, And I probably won't be able to go to it. Aside from the crystal ponies not liking me, I'm not taking Sambino anywhere near it.

At dinner, you do overhear something that ticks you off though,

Kurolothgarian's Comment

"And then the stampede went right through me, but not a single animal touched me. And I was like 'Call me Lyra "Lady Luck" Heartstrings' I even found a big blue gem by my hoof."

Your eye twitching, you look a few tables down to see Lyra sitting with some blue unicorn mare you've nicknamed Colgate. The mare laughs while you see Bon Bon just roll her eyes.

Your luck better run out there, I don't need you and Octavia starting the Horde back up again, you think bitterly.

The rest of the day goes without incident...on your end anyway, you can't say for sure with Nightshade. But No one rats out Harry and his little party. You never know when you need a bear that owes you a favor. Heck, the night even gets better when you tell Rainbow Dash she's been accepted to the Wonderbolts Academy, and she pays for the whole dinner. Unfortunately, she won't be leaving for awhile, so you'll still probably run into her, especially during this Derby Race...


Two Days Later

It is currently way too early to be up, but here you are anyway, standing out in the meadow near the schoolhouse, with several other adults and children.

Just like Cheerilee said, it's a day to build a cart for these kids to race around the town in. The wood and paint and all the supplies you'll need are there, but you just need the go ahead.

The CMC have their respective sisters and Rainbow Dash. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon appear to be sharing her butler as their adult supervisor, and of course Nightshade has you. What's surprising is that Flash is there...with an orange earth pony colt with a blue mane.

Your eyes widen at this.

"He's got a kid?!"


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Outro:

Author's Note:

Time for some Derby Car building.

Sorry for the lateness of this chapter. I had a...frustrating week last week and I never got around to it. Let's just say English AP sucks and move on...

That's right, we're using an episode from the latest season. Why? Because Princess Twilight isn't present in it. So just imagine that episode being plopped into Season 3, and the CMC without their Cutie Marks, and no one will know the difference :pinkiecrazy:

And for those wondering, the Colt that Flash is with is named First Base.

Anyway, usual rules apply and let's see if Bugze goes overboard with his building skills or not.

Last Chapter's Answer is:

All of them!

What...I liked them all

This Chapter's Question Is

What's your favorite Racing movie/tv show/videogame?

Things will be better this week so expect next chapter on Thursday

This has been DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next